The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her
It’s my birthday

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 3]

Post by vanity. »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:55 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm So far I think today should be a Long Con vs Ty4on
why would you lynch long con?
He fits the slanking profile
i guess... but their posts today seem villagery.
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

why does my play not fit the slanking profile?
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

I'm somewha scared of diverting the lynch from actual scum
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:51 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm Ok, I'm down with trying an Elephant vote. [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine A sexy tie as well.
why are you so willing to switch your vote? not that i'm complaining but it stands out to me.
Your latest burst of posts look townish, and I'm pretty comfortable on any of my redder-tinged players. The big fat stack of voters on you for the last day is boring and unproductive.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:57 pm why does my play not fit the slanking profile?
Deliberaly avoiding the thread while there's a seven votes wagon on you doesn't seem very smart for scum to do
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Pretty sure they carefully post enough to not be considered a lynch candidate
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:53 pm Following his list, the lynches that would be a no-go for today would be NANOOK, nutella and vanity

However, I'd have to fucking ignore Hyena and juliets

He was right on Dragomir at least

So his preferred lynches would be Ty4on and Long Con

Obviously I am ignoring his garbage read on me
Who? Epignosis?
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:58 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:51 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm Ok, I'm down with trying an Elephant vote. [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine A sexy tie as well.
why are you so willing to switch your vote? not that i'm complaining but it stands out to me.
Your latest burst of posts look townish, and I'm pretty comfortable on any of my redder-tinged players. The big fat stack of voters on you for the last day is boring and unproductive.
so you'rre trying to pocket me. got it. :p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm So far I think today should be a Long Con vs Ty4on
......what no
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What's slanking?
Creature
Made Man

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Creature »

Quin wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:07 pm gth reads based on mac's exercise:

Benson: I've only known Benson for a day and a half, but if anything ever happened to him I would kill everyone in this game and then myself. Similar to TSP in having things to say about just about everything, but there's dedication to these posts TSP doesn't have. Town.

Dragomir: Early juliets callout set off alarm bells. Didn't really sound like a test even though that's how he played it. There's fluff, but his meaty posts are targeted in just about every direction which isn't a bad thing. Kinda don't think he'd go so overboard with that Evenstar stuff is he was bad (to stay out of the spotlight if anything) Town.

Lady L (thank you umineko references): The 4 person shtick is...confusing? I won't linger on it. I do hope there's not actually 4 people behind the role though. Somewhat insightful up until the nutella vote which isn't explained until later on. Though she is proactive in getting the lynch going (good), Lady has her heels in the ground when talking about it with other people which sucks a bit. Town.

Rej: The Michelle callout is a good look (questioning those who blindly accept townreads). It's a good point against her, though if I can make time I'd give her a read too before I make any judgments. Not a whole lot to work with otherwise. Town.

TSP: Fluff. If scum, probably buddying the elephant. He's got a lot of posts yet so many of them seem to be tiptoeing around the events of the thread without dedicating himself to anything. Scum.
Uh oh, Quin is not very sheepworthy this game
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:59 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:53 pm Following his list, the lynches that would be a no-go for today would be NANOOK, nutella and vanity

Who? Epignosis?
Yep
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm What's slanking?
like uhhh... low-posting. not playing the game a whole lot. playing the game less than you could. that's the gist of it.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

[mention]vanity.[/mention]
Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:51 pm
vanity. wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:43 am rip benson. iirc he had a lot of suspicion on elephant and maybe juliets as well?

dfaraday was unfortunately a death that had to happen sooner rather than later.
vanity. wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:45 am benson was also pushing on tlib. he was also just one of the most active and villagery people in our group, though that raises the question why nutella didn't die?

thinking face emoji
vanity. wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:48 am long con is far and away the wolfiest person on boo. the people on dfaraday look wolfy though i'd perceive villagers are more likely to vote on dfaraday in these scenarios

so evaluating the vote from yesterday is tricky.
vanity. wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:50 am hyena why are you such a tough case to crack every time you're in the game...

like i want to say this is villa hyena but... idk what else to say. i don't think it's that simple tbh
It really feels like Vanity's reads and pushes have remained static throughout the past two days and that he's just looking for more reasons to pile on top of his list of reasons to scumread the people he's calling scum (particularly elephant and juliets, and to a lesser degree TLib).

When he does consider other people, such as me or nutella, he doesn't really give any reason to suspect us. It's more just shade. In nutella's case, he doesn't explain why he thought nutella would die over Benson. Wasn't vanity one of the people calling Benson top town in this group? As for me, it's like, he's saying I'm tough to crack, but if that's the case, I don't feel like he's done much to solidify a read on me.

Finally, his suspicion of Long Con feels more like him trying to "protect" nutella and I and him trying to sway us from possibly finding him as town. The only people alive today that were on Benson are me, nutella, vanity, and Long Con.
Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:54 pm
Hyena wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:12 pm Thirdly, look at these wagons at EoD1 and EoD2:

EoD1

[10] Dragomir - Benson, nutella, vanity., Long Con, Master Radishes, Hyena, Trustworthy Liberal, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Pawn Lelouch, juliets
[7] 112 - Creature, Evenstar, TonyStarkPrime, novaselinenever, Elephant, Epignosis, Jackofhearts2005

EoD2
[5] boo - Long Con, Hyena, nutella, Benson, vanity
[5] DFar - TLib, Creature, juliets, boo, Elephant

All of the Boo voters at EoD2 were Dragomir voters at EoD1. Considering that both Boo and DFar were town, I wouldn't think that scum would favor one wagon over another. Thus, I'm starting to have a feeling that it's possible that there is scum on the Boo wagon, that someone in those 5 people did bus Dragomir, and that scum maybe just wanted to continue to vote with the group that they voted with before. I'm actually surprised that THAT many of us ended up voting together again.

(Also, just to note, TLib was the only Dragomir voter that voted DFar yesterday.)
Again, [me, nutella, vanity, and long con] all voted the same on both D1 and D2. It feels like Vanity is just trying to keep a core group together voting with him [me and nutella in this case] while casting suspicion on pretty much everyone else.
FITE ME

I'm the one leading your wagon!!!
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

creature looking at people to sheep is almost always indicative of him being a villager

at the very least it's very clever
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:59 pm
......what no
Not sure if slanking is the right term

I was thinking of something like "posting just enough to blend in and not get lynched, avoiding sticking out own neck and letting the low hanging fruits eat the lynch"
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Should I call it low profile?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Oh well, it's Benson's turn to be sheeped
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Deadline in approximately 56 minutes.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Creature »

Benson wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:09 pm Town + town read

Benson

iaafr
Evenstar

Town lean

Creature
Hyena
juliets
MacDougall

Null +

Epignosis
Master Radishes
nutella
Pawn Lelouch
Jackofhearts2005
sprityo
vanity.

Null

DFaraday
Dom
Dragomir
Long Con
Michelle
novaselinenever
Spiny Creature
Quin
Rej

Null - / slight wolf suspicion

Elephant
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Texas Cloverleaf

wolfy

TonyStarkPrime
Trustworthy Liberal

A lot of these are shit reads and determined on the spot.
Okay fucking deadline
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

i was just about to say my reads being static means nothing for my alignment but then i remembered i literally spent an entire chunk of the game reevaluating on my mac read. but the environment here is much different.

i'm taking a very lazy approach to the game and that's why it's probably coming off like that

also i understand that it may seem like i'm trying to cling myself to a bunch of villagers to look towny, i even like doing that as a wolf! but i really strongly believed that my village core was strong and for once i'm trying to actually trust in my early village reads because they tend to be good.
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:04 pm i was just about to say my reads being static means nothing for my alignment but then i remembered i literally spent an entire chunk of the game reevaluating on my mac read. but the environment here is much different.

i'm taking a very lazy approach to the game and that's why it's probably coming off like that

also i understand that it may seem like i'm trying to cling myself to a bunch of villagers to look towny, i even like doing that as a wolf! but i really strongly believed that my village core was strong and for once i'm trying to actually trust in my early village reads because they tend to be good.
sorry i was referring to wc1 regarding the mac thing, sorry for not specifying there.
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

out of my early d1 village reads the only one i don't trust at all right now is evenstar. but i think i always townread evenstar d1 so take that for what you will.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Again Hyena and juliets above all, whatever, good luck with those reads

Way too many nulls, let's see if scumreads have something worth

Following Benson, we'd have to consider lynching Elephant, NANOOK and Trustworthy Liberal

Though, I don't think he has any cred like Epi and Mac
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:04 pm i was just about to say my reads being static means nothing for my alignment but then i remembered i literally spent an entire chunk of the game reevaluating on my mac read. but the environment here is much different.

Am I town that's pushing on you, or am I scum pushing on you?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Efforting is an annoying chore
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: Trustworthy Liberal] aubergine

test
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:06 pm

i don't know. is that an acceptable answer?

i think you're probably town. but would i bet money on it? no, that's the distinction i suppose.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Also, how do you know you're clinging to villagers?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Who? Epignosis?
Yep
But Epi townread me. How is his preferred lynch Long Con?
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Post by Elephant »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:46 pm @Elephant and @Long Con I need the low down on your current thoughts about juliets, asap.
Juliets is locked town for me. I'd rather not elaborate.
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:07 pm [VOTE: Trustworthy Liberal] aubergine

test
What do you mean by "test"?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:09 pm

wait, nvm, I misread your post
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:10 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Who? Epignosis?
Yep
But Epi townread me. How is his preferred lynch Long Con?
Oh oops, that's MacDougall

Sorry
Ty4on
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Ty4on »

Working a bit backwards... Epignosis' wall on vanity

----------------

vanity.
vanity. wrote:strongest v's after reading are nutella, epignosis, and evenstar.

sprityo, jack, elephant, iaafr, and creature are all probably v's. some of those don't feel great but that's how i felt while reading.

nanook and master radishes are the trailing edge of my town circle. dragomir is sorta towny too but i didn't really get that one quickly at all.

the townreads on michelle make absolutely no sense to me. they group of people townreading her might contain wolves purely because i think michelle hasn't really projected town or shown me massive differences to the limited amount of wolfgames i read from her.

juliets' posts just feel incredibly stiff to me. i don't know how to explain it, it just doesn't feel like any of the questions and observations she's making are real.

pawn's impact on the game feels super underwhelming at the moment.
This statement exists.
vanity. wrote:guess i can entertain your ideas mac, not doing color coding tho

dark green:
hyena
creature
nutella
jack
mr
iaafr

light green:
sprityo
mac
epig
lld
spiny
benson

yellow:
nanook
texas
evenstar
pawn
elephant
rej
long con
drago
dom

orange:
dfaraday
tonystarkprime
juliets
quin
michelle
tlib

red:
nova
vanity, what was the progression that led from “sorta towny” to yellow?
i could kill drago here i think
If forced to choose, I'd say this looks spontaneous and natural rather than forced.
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:28 pm
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:28 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:27 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:26 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:20 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:18 pm Drago is Town here no?
i do not understand any of your posts

be villagery
Hi! Nice to meet you.
hi, nice to meet you too.

how's your day?
quick sell on tsp over drago pls
i dunno lol

i just want competitive wagons
vanity. did not engage nova on his assertion that Dragomir is good. Rather, vanity. pressed nova. That looks to be in the former's favor.
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:46 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:45 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:42 pm [VOTE: drago] aubergine

don't want epi lynched
Do you think someone else would've hopped on the Epi wagon? We would've needed two more people to take the lead over Drago.
idk

i just think epi is likely a v
This likewise is favorable.

++++

The evidence isn't overwhelmingly strong, but it is sufficiently encouraging. I do not plan on pursuing a vanity. lynch today. Not that I could if I wanted to. :rolleyes:
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Post by Elephant »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:53 pm Elephant, my opinion on IAAFR has little bearing o my current read of nutella.
What did have a bearing on your read of nutella changing, then?
I am the Elephant.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:01 pm creature looking at people to sheep is almost always indicative of him being a villager
How do you know this?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:10 pm

test
Testing new wagons
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 pm

i don't know. is that an acceptable answer?

i think you're probably town. but would i bet money on it? no, that's the distinction i suppose.
Why were you surprised that nutella didn't die over Benson?
vanity.
The Mark
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:09 pm

do you think nutella is a villager? benson is a confirmed villager. from your perspective, you're a villager.

it's said in the sense of, if you believe nutella is a villager, then i am clinging onto villagers from your perspective.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

There's also a pretty beautiful name right below the Quick Reply box you gotta see
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Someone wanna cliff notes why we’re not murdering the shit out of vanity please
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:10 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:46 pm @Elephant and @Long Con I need the low down on your current thoughts about juliets, asap.
Ohhhh dear
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 pm Someone wanna cliff notes why we’re not murdering the shit out of vanity please
There are credible sources telling he's a villager
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:11 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:53 pm Elephant, my opinion on IAAFR has little bearing o my current read of nutella.
What did have a bearing on your read of nutella changing, then?
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:55 pm Oh I see I was green in your list. What does have bearing on it then?
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:00 pm Your Drago stuff is best for my mind, and my gut doesn't suspect you either. The level of trust from others affects me as well, and you are widely town read.

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 pm
Ohhhh dear
Do you have someone you’d rather kill than vanity?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:13 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 pm Someone wanna cliff notes why we’re not murdering the shit out of vanity please
Such as
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:11 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:10 pm

test
Testing new wagons
Oh! TY
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 pm
Ohhhh dear
I'm gonna assume it's that thing we can't say

If I'm right about it, I think Elephant and juliets are out for today
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:14 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:13 pm
Such as
I've been quoting a bunch of readslist for what?

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”