Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Re: [DAY 11] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by S~V~S »

TBH, Faradays post is making me want to vote for faraday~ he dismisses one circumstantial bit of belief out of hand, but fully accepts another circumstantial bit about someone else.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote:TBH, Faradays post is making me want to vote for faraday~ he dismisses one circumstantial bit of belief out of hand, but fully accepts another circumstantial bit about someone else.
That's how I always play. :p I have a tendency to go a bit off the rails rather than objectively analyze patterns (in Mafia, not necessarily in life).

And I tend not to put stock in Epig because every time I can remember Epig and Elo in a game together, he has defended her at least a little bit. I just feel like there's not anything to glean from this particular tangent, whereas I feel like the Mongoose thing could at least lead somewhere, since it's not like Mongoose votes along with Kate in every single game. If she did, I would discount that here as well. :SVS:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

DFaraday wrote:I don't feel like we can determine much about Elo from Epig's actions, since he'd vouch for her no matter her alignment. However, I think I'm leaning more Mongoose at this point. I do feel like the Kate stuff is pretty solid evidence (and I'm often someone who doesn't even pay attention to evidence). :SVS:
I don't like this. Feels too much like you're dismissing one ping, but accepting another? I think that's how I want to phrase it but not sure.

I will say I'm not quite torn between you, Elo, and Mongoose. I don't think Elo pointing out the whole Epig not defending her thing helps her case that much. But I've also seen her in similar situations before, voted for her, and seen her lynched and come up civvie. So idk.

And for Mongoose, I don't buy the part about the timing of her votes being dumb luck. But on the other hand, I can see her going along with other players she trusts (I've done that a lot in the past and I've tried really hard the last few games to stop doing that and going with my own ideas). My problem with that though is that 2 of the 3 people she claims to have trusted (DH and Epig) are 2 I do not feel good about anymore.

I'm really torn right now, but probably either Elo or Mongoose will get my vote. I can't see myself voting DFaraday outside of him self-revealing and having a baddie role. I don't feel comfortable enough there yet.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
And for Mongoose, I don't buy the part about the timing of her votes being dumb luck. But on the other hand, I can see her going along with other players she trusts (I've done that a lot in the past and I've tried really hard the last few games to stop doing that and going with my own ideas). My problem with that though is that 2 of the 3 people she claims to have trusted (DH and Epig) are 2 I do not feel good about anymore.
Ahem. Not dumb luck, just shrewd mongoose whipperwillery.

Also, yeah, I trusted Epi at first. I mean very early on. I got a big ole whiff of that baddie brew early on though and then governed myself accordingly.

Not sure about DH, but that's irrelevant now too. Although I never did feel too icky about him, as I said earlier.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose your response is appreciated. I am just conflicted because all your answers sound so reasonable, but then I expect that from you, so :shrug:. iDK what to do at this point. I agree with SVS that I didn't love Df's response to it, and I just can't tell with Boom and Elo right now.

My list currently:

Confirmed civ: Lizzy, BWT, SVS

Trusting: Timmer, Nev, Bea

Unsure: FH, BF, SD

Distrust: Mongoose, DF, Boom, and Elo

So unless there is some mechanic we don't of where people are gettin recruited or some unknown shenanigans are going on then I am operating under the assumption that the civs are still who we think.

Most likely my vote will be going to Mongoose or DF tonight.

Linki BWT and goose
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm leaning toward boom, elo or SD.

I don't think DF is bad. I don't think goosey is bad.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Why? I gave reasons for my opinions.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Give me reasons to trust them, talk me into it.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Unless I'm miss-reading your "bea related night reasons" for trusting me, I think in a 6 degrees of separation thing goosey is also involved. Am I making sense there? I can come out and be blunt about it if I need to.

As for DF - he was looking at me back when I was making myself a pretty good lynch candidate. He very quietly stopped right about the time BDH started standing up for me pretty hard. He also pointed out that there could be civ reasons for the weird moriarty message on the NP FH was analyzing earlier - give me a second and I'll find it again.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DFaraday wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:I was thinking about juliets and Creeper killing her. Could juliets have been Creeper and last night she exploded hoping to take down 4 people with her? The 2 players above her and 2 players below her alphabetically are me, Hedgeowl, Lizzy, and Mongoose. Lizzy is a civvie and I'm a civvie, not 100% certain on Hedge or Mongoose at this point. But if there was no chance of taking out a teammate by doing it, that would have been an excellent way to remove 4 players.

Occam's Razor tells me that theory is not likely to be true. But it popped into my head and I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Also, I was reading back through some of MP's night posts and the scene in this one stood out to me. The baddies are gathered around playing poker. Catherine Martell, Moriarty, Creeper, and Dr. Fetus are mentioned, as well as Sander Cohen. Is that a hint that as of Night 9, those roles were all still alive? It true, then Rumpelstiltskin is dead and it confirms our belief that Big Daddy and Pirahna Plant are dead.

Also, there was this:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The players then walked over to the bus, ready to head to Illinois. Then, familiarly, it started raining papers, which read:

"I feel pretty confident that DF is a civvie. Also Bea and DH are pretty trustworthy, imo. Not so sure about BWT..."

The papers were signed by Jack Torrence. "Wait... wasn't Jack Vompatti??? And wasn't he dead???" inquired juliets. The champions pondered.
Was this the work of the sinister exaggerator, or something else?
There is at least one civvie role that could have something to do with that. :dalek: :SVS:

BWT, I pointed out FH's quietness because she has a reputation for being a talkative civ with long, detailed posts (like the one I just quoted, actually. That I wasn't seeing much of that pinged me. My play style, on the other hand, is exactly what you've been seeing this whole game.
There -
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Bah. I don't have time to wait any further tonight.
Given the conversation lately, and the fact that I've already voted her,
I'm going to vote for Elohcin.
There's nothing strong there (I don't buy into any of this 'epig defended you' stuff),
but there's basically nothing there on anyone.

I have my eye on Hedge now though - she's the only one I'm not confident about that is buddying up to the obvious voting bloc,
which I would consider the clearest baddie strategy in the situation they must be in.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

sorry for the triple post and the delay in responses -

I'mma makin' s'getti sauce tonight! Yum! Yum! Yum! For mah tum-tum-tum!! :D :wine: :dance: :noble:

linki - Nev - I'm less sure about hedgey than my feels for goosey.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

DF said something earlier that I felt potentially hinted to his role which has given me pause for suspecting him at the moment. Though he could be pulling the wool over my eyes.

I am torn between voting for Mongoose who is getting defense from a few people but has some decent evidence supporting her as a baddie and Elohcin who has floated entirely under the radar and didn't even really defend herself earlier.

I also am still really uncertain about Boomslang and Spacedaisy. There are some things I found in reading back through their posts that made me feel a little bit better, but not enough to take them off my list entirely. Still too many question-marks.

And my gut still tells me Hedgeowl is good, but I am not at all confident about that.

*Linki* Lots of it, bea, that's what has given me pause about DF...
ImageImage

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

Home now. I'm not sure of anything right now. I'll pretty much be voting on gut. Df, fh or Boom. Right now I'm debating between: the chance that boom really just didn't get a bunch of things about bwt etc., the fact that fh is usually pretty feisty when she starts getting eyed as a baddie, and df's general blendiness which isnt far off from his norm.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:Unless I'm miss-reading your "bea related night reasons" for trusting me, I think in a 6 degrees of separation thing goosey is also involved. Am I making sense there? I can come out and be blunt about it if I need to.

As for DF - he was looking at me back when I was making myself a pretty good lynch candidate. He very quietly stopped right about the time BDH started standing up for me pretty hard. He also pointed out that there could be civ reasons for the weird moriarty message on the NP FH was analyzing earlier - give me a second and I'll find it again.
If there is another person involved in my reason for trusting you, then that weakens my conviction, tbh. Then that eliminates it, actually.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Flyin' High wrote:DF said something earlier that I felt potentially hinted to his role which has given me pause for suspecting him at the moment. Though he could be pulling the wool over my eyes.

I am torn between voting for Mongoose who is getting defense from a few people but has some decent evidence supporting her as a baddie and Elohcin who has floated entirely under the radar and didn't even really defend herself earlier.

I also am still really uncertain about Boomslang and Spacedaisy. There are some things I found in reading back through their posts that made me feel a little bit better, but not enough to take them off my list entirely. Still too many question-marks.

And my gut still tells me Hedgeowl is good, but I am not at all confident about that.

*Linki* Lots of it, bea, that's what has given me pause about DF...
It would read consistent with the feels I've had about him.

SVS - I'll just be blunt - I thought you were referring to the Sheild when you were talking about the bea related night actions. I admit, I could have been wrong there, but that's how I read your comments. I apparently was pretty wrong about what you were talking about. (there's a shock!)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Goosey did also imply pretty heavily that she had lots to do with my rez and that it may have been a result of the contest prizes. Again I ask, why would she have rezed me if she wasn't civ? This is one of the things I mean by "her actions in the game aren't consistent with being a baddie."

I guess she could be pulling the wool over my eyes, but it's really, really hard for me to buy that she's bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You are not wrong. Not sure how a third party fits in there, but I don't want you to explain either.

And I am not arguing she is bad. I just want to understand your thought process.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:You are not wrong. Not sure how a third party fits in there, but I don't want you to explain either.

And I am not arguing she is bad. I just want to understand your thought process.
Ok - since we both have good feels about her - I'll let it drop. I'm sure it'll make more sense at the end of the game. :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did not say that either.

You are kinda confusing me.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

timmer wrote:Home now. I'm not sure of anything right now. I'll pretty much be voting on gut. Df, fh or Boom. Right now I'm debating between: the chance that boom really just didn't get a bunch of things about bwt etc., the fact that fh is usually pretty feisty when she starts getting eyed as a baddie, and df's general blendiness which isnt far off from his norm.
If you look at my posts over the course of this game, you'll notice a trend. I typically post more in the mornings, on weekdays. That's because I get into work, drink my coffee, catch up on the thread, then post a bit. I don't post as much when I'm at home because I am doing other things and I post even less on the weekends.

I just happened to see my name brought up for "quietness" by something like 3 or 4 different people when I was drinking my coffee this morning. It honestly irked me. I am constantly accused not of being quiet, but of "being more quiet than usual". What is my so-called norm that everyone in every game is comparing my playstyle to? This game is not a first for it. So yeah, maybe I was a bit feisty this morning. But it has no bearing on my alliegiance one way or another in this game (I'm a civvie for what it's worth), it has to do with being tired of hearing the same thing in game after game that truly makes no sense to me.

@bea: I feel like if your trust of Mongoose relies on her implying she rezzed you then that is exactly why a baddie would do it. For the WIFOM. Obviously, she could be a civvie, so it's certainly not something I would use to condemn her, but I also wouldn't jump to trusting her because of that either.
ImageImage

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Bea, im still a bit confused about the whole rezz thing. Lets say, for instance, that mongoose did rezz you via a prize, and that you are the civ role I think you are. Whats to say that it wasnt a recruitment rezz and mongoose is bad? My point is, just because you and mongoose are kind ofvouching fir each other on this doesnt make me trust you. Ut just majes me look elsewhere for now. As for as im concerned, onky svs and bwt are confirmed civs, with lizzy one small step behind, and then Nevi and THEN you.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:I did not say that either.

You are kinda confusing me.
I'm sorry - I don't mean to be confusing. :(

You were dead when I first got the shield. I passed it on once and I've not seen it again. If it was still in play when it saved you then either a) it's only passed through civ hands or b) a baddie gave the shield back to the civs.

linki - timmer - I understand what you're saying. But try to understand what I'm saying too. The simplest answer is the one I'm hinting at.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm here if anyone wants to ask me anything! Or to laugh at my jokes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am going to vote Eloh. You said something to me on thread Bea, about you passing the shield. The context in which you said it led me to believe something other than what you are saying now. It is why I vouched for you.

I have to think about this, and I trust Nevin.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

To be frank, I have little to add to this conversation. I am civ, but I am fairly lost as to why certain people are so sure about certain other people. I'm not going to campaign for my innocence. Whatever happens happens. I am not stressed about it, everything will become clear one way or another I figure. As far as my vote, I am kind of holding it until I see some consensus here, but I don't want to wait too long and forget either...

Linki: and it looks like Eloh is the way it is going. If Lizzy is correct in her earlier assessment, I can vote for any of them and be voting for a Baddie. Which is why I am ok with this vote. It has become a numbers game it seems. Unless someone is really pulling the wool over our eyes.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

Way to be specific SVS.

Here we go again, another classic Eloh civ lynch! This is such bullshit. I don't talk and people lynch me. I speak up and people lynch me. Fuck you guys. I try. I can't help what my asshole husband does.

For Fuchsake...don't vote for me!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sd, you havent said anything about my comments towards you. Do you anything to say about my thoughts, do you get what im talking about, etc?
My siggie.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I am fine with voting Elohcin. She has been lurking for the past half hour or so and not posted and her lack of defense didn't make me feel better.

*Linki* Geez!
ImageImage

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm going to vote Boomslang.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

timmer wrote:Sd, you havent said anything about my comments towards you. Do you anything to say about my thoughts, do you get what im talking about, etc?
I don't know specifically what you are referring to but I could make an educated guess because I know what I put out there. I am civ, that much is true.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

why boom over elo goosey?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Eloh it is day 11 and you have 35 posts. Youve had plenty of chances to contribute and show some civvieness. Tell me quickly why I should believe you.
My siggie.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

bea wrote:why boom over elo goosey?
Fair question!

a) I'm not really feeling it. I can see the argument I guess, but yesterday when I made my list, Eloh was on the "Seems Ok" area and nothing really has changed.

b) I don't need to vote to save myself, so I am voting where my conscious lies.

c) I guess I just believe her. She seems really sincere.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

EbWoP: Conscience not conscious.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Why Elo bea? Even if Epi DID vouch me (which he didn't). Maybe it was to make me look bad when he was found out to be PP.

linki with timmer.....I am a quiet player. it is the only way to last even this long from my experience. I do my civ duty and vote for those I suspect.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Eloh, you have been quick to rely on his defenses in the past, don't get mad when it backfires.

I am sorry, but my confidence got shaken here, and hard. I lost my trust in my own judgment since I have been believing something that I no longer know to be true, and talking people out of their suspicions based on something that was false. I trust Nevins judgment more than my own this minute.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:Eloh, you have been quick to rely on his defenses in the past, don't get mad when it backfires.

I am sorry, but my confidence got shaken here, and hard. I lost my trust in my own judgment since I have been believing something that I no longer know to be true, and talking people out of their suspicions based on something that was false. I trust Nevins judgment more than my own this minute.
But he DID NOT defend me or vouch for me this game.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Elohcin wrote:
Why Elo bea? Even if Epi DID vouch me (which he didn't). Maybe it was to make me look bad when he was found out to be PP.

linki with timmer.....I am a quiet player. it is the only way to last even this long from my experience. I do my civ duty and vote for those I suspect.
a) I already said I was worried about boom too and he voted you which gives me pause.
b) I have already said I'm fairly positive I've only to my knowlege played 1 game with you - we were opposite team baddies in that game and I've hosted you and epi as baddie teammates so I've admitted that I could have a clouded view of you.
c) My mind isn't made up and I'm feeling the pressure of having to make up my mind.
d) He did not defend or vouch for you in the Grimm game either. Granted that was a sock game so the issue never came up.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I get her frustration because she can't help what he does or not. She has seemed extra busy lately, so I get why she's seemed more quiet. Plus, not everyone tends to talk nonstop like me (although I can't imagine why).

And her reaction makes me SUPER glad I didn't vote her. I can't imagine her having that reaction if she was bad. She said that when 4 people had already voted her.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

By my count there are 6 votes remaining, eloh. If you can come up with a convincing argument for boomslang or one of the others, ill consider it, but honestly you havrnt really convinced me.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I really am sorry. And i know he did not vouch for you, that's kinda my point. This had to happen at some point.

i just went back and read the exchange that led me to believe what i believed, and I am beginning to think i had the wool pulled over my eyes.

Linki~ yeah, right? Now is your chance, Elo.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And Mongooses "Oh My! I bet she's a civ. super duper glad i did not vote for HER" is making me even more sure of it :(
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I have been working FULL TIME with cakes this year. It has been crazy mongoose :) I have defended everything you all have thrown at me timmer. What else do you want?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Meh...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

:sigh:
ImageImage

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:I really am sorry. And i know he did not vouch for you, that's kinda my point. This had to happen at some point.

i just went back and read the exchange that led me to believe what i believed, and I am beginning to think i had the wool pulled over my eyes.

Linki~ yeah, right? Now is your chance, Elo.
If you can point me to where you think I implied I gave you the shield happened, I'll be happy to address it. I think the really important part to remember is that you *did* get the shield when you needed it even if it didn't directly come from me.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I voted for Mongoose. At this point it prob won't matter but youre right svs, that last post was ugh.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I went with boom. I'm willing to give elo the botd. God knows enough people have rightly done the same for me this game.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

thanks bea

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”