Moderator: Community Team

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 222

Re: The Polka Heist [DAY 2]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dom wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:56 amyeah
but logic says you're probably not bad.
Because I followed your vote, was that it?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Dom »

i have had bide vibes from you all game
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dom wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:03 am i have had bide vibes from you all game
Yeah, that's fine. I mean, I'm baffled and I don't understand.

In case you want it - The reason I followed you was that I expressed my suspicion on Tony and why, and I either got ignored or called unpleasant. So I thought I could just as well follow another lead on someone who's also in my PoE. See where that went.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: The Polka Heist [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Reading through Creature's ISO for interaction, it's really thin obviously. Only two minor things stick out to me.
Creature wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:08 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:24 pm Alright let’s get this started. Who’s scum and why is it sig?
Thanks for your non-contribution
^This is a very unnecessary jab. Could be typical early teammate interaction, but it's also very minor.
Creature wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:19 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:17 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:34 pm Yeah, it's a good idea to make players not play the game
Phony indignation.

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
I assume phony indignation is indignation towards own phone, right?
This may look slightly good for Epi, I think? The answer is disarming, not taking an opportunity to distance. Likelier to disarm someone who's town.

---

That's all I got from that.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

This is the most comfortable I've been around Dyslexicon since that time in college we never speak of.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:20 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:19 pm I just remembered something.

Most of the discussion that happened after the hot potato in that game was about how Sig was obviously bad for opposing the hot potato (he was civ).

Which is probably why Sig had such a strong reaction to this game's hot potato. He is another poor soul whose TS experience was scarred by it.

I'm reading him town now.
I feel like most of the response was pro-sig.
No, my point is that it makes sense for Sig to hate CFDs and get angry about them because he's one player whose Syndicate experience has been ruined by CFDs before.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: The Polka Heist [NIGHT 1]

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:11 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:02 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:55 pm Oh, look. Scum hunting!

Sloonei, I have some comments/responses:
- I agree with you that Sig looks likely town from the EoD.
- I don't find Wilgy particularly suspicious, but more null maybe.
- I interpreted the line you're pointing out from Dom differently. But Dom will probably comment on that.
- It's hard to know whether scum knew Creature was the lynch or not until it was pointed out in thread. Depends on who it is and if they were around just at day end. I don't know when the poll disappeared. I also agree that silence or minimal commenting is probably where we will find scum.

What do you think of Tony coming in after the flip and starting to respond to posts and claiming he didn't know what was going on? In short, what do you think about my points against Tony?

All I get from Tony, Dom and Epi after the lynch is just salt or annoyance. Not saying they are all scum, but I'd be highly surprised if none of them where. I'm mostly suspicious of Tony for how he reacted to the lynch. He cleared the four of us begrudgingly, but he did not really change any of his reads otherwise after the flip or did any digging/evaluation for what the flip might mean. He just continues to read Dom and Epi town without question. It doesn't look like town reacting to a lynch and building a world from it. Maybe Dom and Epi are actually town and Tony is trying to win them over. That's just speculation though. The upset/salt towards me also confuses me.
See, this is why I hate CFDs/hot potatos.

It's not the fast vote changing at EoD. That is annoying but is also kind of fun and might work.

It's how if the hot potato hits scum, the people involved in it turn into absolute nascissists after the fact.

The first time I saw this happen, the game turned so insufferable I ended up getting in a fight with a bunch of people, almost ragequitting, and getting my first non-lylo mislynch in this site. Built some animosities that lasted months after that game.

I mean I get it, you guys scored town points. You don't need to talk about it every two posts. You don't need to assume people who disagree with you are automatically bad, either.

Which is why I won't vote for TSP. His frustration about having to deal with a new formed circle-jerk could be genuine, because I've felt it before.

Fuck hot potatos.

/rant
I can only speak for myself, but the town credibility of those who were around at the end of yesterday was established before the lynch went through. The hot potato only happened because we all town read each other, imo. It wasn’t a case of each of us deciding that we were trustworthy because the lynch was successful. We worked together to lynch a player because we trusted each other. I think.
Ok this is certainly interesting. Albeit I don't see all three of you speaking from the same position.

It also makes it impossible for people outside of the tjing to get what you are talking about. Reading the discussion myself, it seemed very possible that one of you could have just been playing along with thw group on purpose.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:20 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:09 pmDys is being extremely unpleasant about the "everyone confirmed town" thing and Sloon is being kind of annoying too.

There is also a witch hunt going on against people who do not agree you 3 are confirmed scum.
Ok. I read your posts and I'm taking in your perspective. I also think you're likely town.

I think you're not really being very fair here though
For example, the reason I responded to Sloonei's post was because that was the post with the most content in and something to comment on. I would respond to any post like that no matter who it's by. It has nothing to do with Sloonei also voting Creature. But this is just normal game solving. This is how town win games. Town needs to identify each other and then work together to narrow the game down and lynch scum.

All I'm doing is pretty plain, regular scum hunting. My only objective is to try to find and lynch scum. I'm not going to scum hunt players I already town read (unless something happens etc). I'm going to spend my energy on those players I can't clear or where I have specific issues. Then I'm going to prod and question and make my mind up.

I was happy we lynched scum. I was happy it got me really good town reads in the process. I can only see that as a good thing. These are valid feelings on my part. I'm honestly very confused by why this is so upsetting. As town you win and lose as a team. There is no one or no few players that wins the game. Everyone who's town do, or nobody does. If town gets scum lynched and if town get a good way of working together, then that is only good news for town. The point is not who can get most town points or cred.

If you look at what I've done since the Creature lynch, it's going straight into trying to further narrow the game down, questioning where I have suspicions or too little info/content. It's not me that's been talking about "cred". It's not me that's been saying Fab 4 or whatever. We got lucky by the Creature lynch. Lucky, while working together to establish a PoE. It's effective.

Of course, if people distrust whoever lynched Creature, they will express that. For example Tony saying he suspects me. And I will respond. There's nothing out of the ordinary there.

While I can feel you on being frustrated, and I think that's valid, it always is, I will also say that it's not very inviting for me when I feel that what I do is regular (and ok, pretty eager) scum hunting, and what I get back is that "you're being unpleasant" and it feels like players are almost upset that we lynched scum. They are upset that I scum hunt. But that is what I need to do to help town win. I don't really understand it.

So if you're town, let's just concentrate on moving forward and how to get the next scum lynched.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:19 pm I just remembered something.

Most of the discussion that happened after the hot potato in that game was about how Sig was obviously bad for opposing the hot potato (he was civ).
This isn't even true. I know for me, I town leaned on Sig the whole game, especially after his reaction before the flip, telling us all off.

It's fine that you want to town read Tony.
But I also don't think your summary of his reaction is accurate.
I hoping you're at least reading my posts and considering, even if you think I'm being unpleasant. I don't know how better to make my point come across.

I appreciate the warning about a divide, as that is indeed a danger for town. But I'm also not going to change my town reads when I don't see no reason to. I really don't know what I can do better, so just please trust me when I say I'm doing my best.
I'm not asking you to change your reads.

I'm asking you to, for example, stop calling people "salty" for disagreeing with them. I saw a few instances of that in the last page I read and it left a bitter taste in my mouth. It makes me want to avoid interacting with you.

Anyway, I also called you names yesterday and I'm now feeling bad for it, so I'll apologize. I was also overreacting. But I have a very bad memory from a game where players got super unpleasant after a successful hot potato to the point the game turned unfun, and I wanted to prevent that from repeating.

I care about having fun and civil experiences in this forum more than I care about winning games.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I agree LC has been underwhelming af but then Sloonei posted something about scum LC not being underwhelming that disarmed this idea more or less.

That said... last time this happened was in The Wire where I said Jack was underwhelming and people told me scum Jack never does that. In the end he was scum anyway.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Hello everyone ^^ from a green slot :biggrin:

First of all, Happy New Year!!

Sorry to be late, satturdays are not the best days, going to catch up.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I might vote Mac or Sorsha if they don't show up. Seems likely that this is an inactive scum team, especially if you assume the four people on Creature are really civ.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, not sure why I have a couple of votes, I'm not actually really caught up. Go ahead and Lynch me if you like I haven't been able to devote the same amount of time you guys have to this game, I'm sorry.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:15 amI'm asking you to, for example, stop calling people "salty" for disagreeing with them. I saw a few instances of that in the last page I read and it left a bitter taste in my mouth. It makes me want to avoid interacting with you
Ok, I hear you. And I'm sorry.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:24 am Hello everyone ^^ from a green slot :biggrin:

First of all, Happy New Year!!

Sorry to be late, satturdays are not the best days, going to catch up.
Michelle! Happy New Year! ^^
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:04 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:15 amI'm asking you to, for example, stop calling people "salty" for disagreeing with them. I saw a few instances of that in the last page I read and it left a bitter taste in my mouth. It makes me want to avoid interacting with you
Ok, I hear you. And I'm sorry.
It's fine. Sorry for being a bit dramatic too.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:06 amIt's fine. Sorry for being a bit dramatic too.
I mean, what is a mafia game without some drama? =p

---

My difficulty with the game right now is that I see no real way of reading Mac, Sorsha or LC. I cry evertim.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

There is no real way of reading LC, in general.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine

Come to the playground or we'll play without you.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:39 pm Let's lynch 1/4 of Sloonmeister and 3/4 of Sig. I think that will lead us somewhere.
slow reader and rl things... i am way behind.

Felt to quote this as funny while saying i like Dys' start in this game for now

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:41 am @dizzy
It gave me tinglies
May I receive a definition for "tingles" or/and "tinglies" please? related to mafia games if possible?
That may clarify for me some posts tbh...

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

going to continue reading but I'll be back later

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 284
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:11 pm
It gave me tinglies
May I receive a definition for "tingles" or/and "tinglies" please? related to mafia games if possible?
It triggers my “I want to make an in depth post about this” senses. The implication is that I found something scum or at least notable one way or another, but it’s the kind of thing that I as an at least reasonably seasoned mafia player read and think “ahh this means something”. For posts. For players, it means their posts have done that.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay let’s push past the people (myself included) being dramatic part and move on.

There was talk last night about LC likely being town from results. Someone explain that to me. [mention]Sloonei[/mention] maybe?

I have slight town reads on a lot of people right now, which lends credence to DDL’s inactive scum theory. That said, I don’t think there’s any point to vote for Mac just to entice him to show up if we don’t intend to lynch him. It’s -EV to lynch any essentially inactive player, especially Mac who might show up and solve the game. In Fallout he had 2 posts and then day 1 he came in and called out both scum.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by timmer »

timmer wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:33 pm So, Creature is someone who I know absolutely nothing about. I need to know, how does he act in-thread with his baddie teammates? I can remember some times where a baddie teammate would tell me "look, I like to go after my teammates in the thread, just be aware" and stuff like that... does anyone have anything they can draw on about Creature is with baddie buds?

I'm doing a read through of any post where his name appears, and there is an impressive 3-way back n forth between Creature, Epignosis and DDL where they all kind of voted each other round and round in a semi-playful it's early on Day 1 way. Would a abddie Creature do this with his buds? Or does this feel like it's not showing a team cluster?
Is anyone able to provide help on this? ^
My siggie.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

timmer wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:55 pm
timmer wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:33 pm So, Creature is someone who I know absolutely nothing about. I need to know, how does he act in-thread with his baddie teammates? I can remember some times where a baddie teammate would tell me "look, I like to go after my teammates in the thread, just be aware" and stuff like that... does anyone have anything they can draw on about Creature is with baddie buds?

I'm doing a read through of any post where his name appears, and there is an impressive 3-way back n forth between Creature, Epignosis and DDL where they all kind of voted each other round and round in a semi-playful it's early on Day 1 way. Would a abddie Creature do this with his buds? Or does this feel like it's not showing a team cluster?
Probably not. I don’t know if I’ve ever played with scum creature before?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

timmer wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:55 pm

I think when it's about Creature anything it's possible. Just that can't be the base for reading scum the 2 you mentioned but can add up to a case you already have.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:21 pm
It gave me tinglies
It triggers my “I want to make an in depth post about this” senses. The implication is that I found something scum or at least notable one way or another, but it’s the kind of thing that I as an at least reasonably seasoned mafia player read and think “ahh this means something”. For posts. For players, it means their posts have done that.
Thanks, so it's basically a Fos.

Michelle
Made Man

Re: The Polka Heist [DAY 0]

Post by Michelle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:55 pm
sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:54 pmI'mma lynch you just for that. :p
Not if I NK you first!
:huh: what do you mean both?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:58 pm Unless any of the leading people, or Epi, have done an oopsie daisy and scum slipped I'm probably gonna be against lynching them today.
kinda like the derp clear attempt of this post

[mention]sig[/mention] which is your MU username?

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:03 pm
It gave me tinglies
a whar
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

*t
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 97

Post by sig »

Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:12 pm
sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:58 pm Unless any of the leading people, or Epi, have done an oopsie daisy and scum slipped I'm probably gonna be against lynching them today.
kinda like the derp clear attempt of this post

@sig which is your MU username?
Sig or Sigurd

I haven't played there in awhile though.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 97

Re: The Polka Heist [DAY 0]

Post by sig »

Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:09 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:55 pm
sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:54 pmI'mma lynch you just for that. :p
Not if I NK you first!
:huh: what do you mean both?
I'm just trying to get a green card man idk. :p
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:28 pm Okay let’s push past the people (myself included) being dramatic part and move on.

There was talk last night about LC likely being town from results. Someone explain that to me. Sloonei maybe?

I have slight town reads on a lot of people right now, which lends credence to DDL’s inactive scum theory. That said, I don’t think there’s any point to vote for Mac just to entice him to show up if we don’t intend to lynch him. It’s -EV to lynch any essentially inactive player, especially Mac who might show up and solve the game. In Fallout he had 2 posts and then day 1 he came in and called out both scum.
I'm not voting Mac to make him show up.

I'm voting Mac because I think lynching him right now is a good move, considering we just got 1 baddie and there is a good chance there are inactives among the remaining ones. I feel like a semi-active baddie would have given more of a damn at EoD1.

And I haven't played with Sorsha in ages so I'm picking Mac over her.

If Mac decides to become active, this assessment may change, but right now I'm voting him to lynch him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 467

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:28 pm Okay let’s push past the people (myself included) being dramatic part and move on.

There was talk last night about LC likely being town from results. Someone explain that to me. Sloonei maybe?

It was a minor point that looked bigger because I was typing a big post.

LC looked like he genuinely had no clue who was lynched yesterday and thought that it might be him, but he didn't leave or pout or anything. He stuck around and seemed intent on trying to play the game.

I was leaning slightly town on him before any of this anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:56 am Tony, why are you going specifically after the Fearsome Four? Do you agree with Epi that there's likely a baddie among them?

I don't really want to go after them. They all came together to lynch a baddie Day 1, in hot-potato fashion. That's good enough for me to want to look elsewhere for the next lynch.
What do you think about this post?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:03 pm
It gave me tinglies
a whar
Finger of suspicion.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:28 pm I am playing but there is a lack of scumhuntable posts that I can talk about.

Someone overreact about something silly so another person can be shady about it and then I can vote for them.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:35 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:34 pm Yeah, it's a good idea to make players not play the game
Phony indignation.

There it is.

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

Creature acted exactly the same way last game where he was civ.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:58 am I also have a hunch on LC

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Feels like hes more self-contained than usual or something.
I can look at these posts and see them as DDL making jokes and going through the motions to appear engaged with the thread on Day 1. The first is a call for somebody else to do a Mafia Thing so that the game can begin. The second is a response to Epi doing a Mafia Thing, but then he does not follow up in any meaningful way on that. He drops a vote on LC several hours later instead. DDL's interest in getting the scumhunting started was phony.

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm voting Mac because I think lynching him right now is a good move, considering we just got 1 baddie and there is a good chance there are inactives among the remaining ones. I feel like a semi-active baddie would have given more of a damn at EoD1.

If Mac decides to become active, this assessment may change, but right now I'm voting him to lynch him.
What makes you believe we have inactive bad guys?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:37 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:56 am Tony, why are you going specifically after the Fearsome Four? Do you agree with Epi that there's likely a baddie among them?

I don't really want to go after them. They all came together to lynch a baddie Day 1, in hot-potato fashion. That's good enough for me to want to look elsewhere for the next lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It gives me bad tinglies
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It’s too politiciany and implicitly seems like he’s trying to “get my vote” or whatever
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:11 pm It’s too politiciany and implicitly seems like he’s trying to “get my vote” or whatever
Explain
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I have to sleep, see you in around 8 hours

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 pmI can look at these posts and see them as DDL making jokes and going through the motions to appear engaged with the thread on Day 1. The first is a call for somebody else to do a Mafia Thing so that the game can begin. The second is a response to Epi doing a Mafia Thing, but then he does not follow up in any meaningful way on that. He drops a vote on LC several hours later instead. DDL's interest in getting the scumhunting started was phony.

What do you think of his recent interaction with me? Do you think that is likely come from scum? Cause I doubt it.

Do you have any comment on Tony at all, or are you guys teamed or what?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 pmI can look at these posts and see them as DDL making jokes and going through the motions to appear engaged with the thread on Day 1. The first is a call for somebody else to do a Mafia Thing so that the game can begin. The second is a response to Epi doing a Mafia Thing, but then he does not follow up in any meaningful way on that. He drops a vote on LC several hours later instead. DDL's interest in getting the scumhunting started was phony.

What do you think of his recent interaction with me? Do you think that is likely come from scum? Cause I doubt it.

Do you have any comment on Tony at all, or are you guys teamed or what?
I think the emotions of DDL's posts are real, but I don't think they tell me anything about his alignment.

I am not currently inclined to vote for Tony. I've played with him twice in the recentish past. He was town once and I lynched him on Day 1. He was scum the other time, and I lynched him at the last second after having him as my top town read for the majority of the game. His play here looks more like the town version that I lynched Day 1. I'm also not sure what specific points exist against him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Tony] aubergine

He's still scum, y'all.

Michelle seems ok so far.

I think Sorsha was in a game I played and had one post and was never seen again. Don't remember what alignment they were.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:51 pmI think the emotions of DDL's posts are real, but I don't think they tell me anything about his alignment.

I am not currently inclined to vote for Tony. I've played with him twice in the recentish past. He was town once and I lynched him on Day 1. He was scum the other time, and I lynched him at the last second after having him as my top town read for the majority of the game. His play here looks more like the town version that I lynched Day 1. I'm also not sure what specific points exist against him.
I'll rehash them later.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:28 pm I am playing but there is a lack of scumhuntable posts that I can talk about.

Someone overreact about something silly so another person can be shady about it and then I can vote for them.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:35 pm
Phony indignation.

There it is.

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

Creature acted exactly the same way last game where he was civ.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:58 am I also have a hunch on LC

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Feels like hes more self-contained than usual or something.
I can look at these posts and see them as DDL making jokes and going through the motions to appear engaged with the thread on Day 1. The first is a call for somebody else to do a Mafia Thing so that the game can begin. The second is a response to Epi doing a Mafia Thing, but then he does not follow up in any meaningful way on that. He drops a vote on LC several hours later instead. DDL's interest in getting the scumhunting started was phony.

The Epi thing was me half-assing a suspicion to see if I could make something to happen. It's partly joke partly serious. I did think Epi's vote on Creature was dumb but also was aware Epi is stubborn enough to do things like that. But I had nothing better to do so I voted anyway.

The LC thing was just a hunch and it's one that I still have. I didn't explain it beyond that because that's what the word hunch means.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:49 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:17 pm

What makes you believe we have inactive bad guys?
Assuming you and your two buddies are civilian...

And if we remove the real inactive people (mac, sorsha, bimbo), we are left with a bunch of semi-active people. People like me, who came online a couple times and half-assed playing the game.

I did check the thread a few times right before EoD. I didn't care to catch up or change my vote. But I think that if I was bad, I would have at least cared to look at the poll and maybe start a wagon or two. Not let four civilians monopolize the discussion, and change wagons randomly while mentioning Creature as a possibility. When I'm bad but don't feel like playing, I at least check the thread to see if my faction is losing and my teammates are not being talked about.

A bunch of people also came online for short moments at the end if day 1 and didn't do much. So either the baddies who came online thought the situation was great and they didn't have to act, or they baddies are inactive and didn't come online.

If the situation was great the only thing I get is that LC is a civ since he had a couple votes. Still, the poll was pretty dangerous for baddies near EoD. I think if I were a baddie I'd have made more of an effort to influence that poll at EoD.

Return to “Previous Heists”