[END] Harry Potter Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Re: [DAY 2] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Snapshot »

I have created something beautiful.
Something that symbolizes the whole of Harry Potter.
The struggle between good and evil, not only between Voldemort and Harry, but in Harry's soul.
It touches upon such heavy themes as racism,

inequality,

poverty,

and religion.

This piece seeks to answer the question "Is there a God?"

BEHOLD!

Look upon my works ye mighty and despair!

You see, it's a post postmodernism piece. The man under the invisibility cloak pleasuring himself represents the perversion inside of all of us. The incredibly unattractive lady with the sagging tits represents how we place beauty on a pedestal, when really the most beautiful on the outside are often the most ugly on the inside.

The black on white color scheme represents racism.

The black catches your eyes, it practically screams out "WHY OH GOD WHY!" This represents how we try to integrate POC into our culture, surrounding them by white. When really, we should let them celebrate their individuality.
Reporting
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 53
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I just died a little lol!!
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

That's a beautiful work of art Mary. *sheds a single tear* Thank you for sharing this masterpiece with us.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25

Post by NurseWilgy »

I've alwways loved Ios. Lots of volcanic eruptions there; the most in the entire galaxy. Also named after a priestess.
Hey, do you want guacamole for dinner? LMK because I can grab some avocados on the way home when I'm getting taco shells.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Gunther »

hosts - do these night polls just mark time or is there prizes and/or other such things to be gleaned from them?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Europa for me.

Sorry Briget. :/
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Lunatella »

Io!
Lunalee
nutella
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I have no info and I love an underdog. Not sure if I'll be around when the poll closes. so I'm going with thebe
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Lizzy »

Mary - while I have to confess that I just had the most amazing artgasm in the history of ever, we cannot accept this as a submission because it does not comply with the rules. If you want to take part in the event, you must come up with another masterpiece and send it via PM to the hosts. The same rule applies to everyone.

Katharina - let's say they're for project management purposes.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Operator »

I'm voting for Calisto because it sounds like Calypso.
Management
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

I'm voting for Thebe who consorted with Zeus and had an ancient Greek City and a Jupiter moon named after her.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Rachel Green »

Europa was calling to me so I picked that one :p
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43

Post by A Person »

Effective immediately Alizon Device is being replaced by Alizon Device. As such, Alizon is not to be targeted during the current Night/ next Day.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Ben Linus »

Katharina Henot wrote:I have no info and I love an underdog. Not sure if I'll be around when the poll closes. so I'm going with thebe
Likewise.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Voted Ganymede to keep it a five horse race.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Well... they were all tied a second ago but looks like Brita might have had the same idea as me
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

TIES YAY
Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

TIES BOO
dunya
Turnip Head
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25

Post by NurseWilgy »

I like everything all even stevens as well.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Jack Shephard »

I wanted to vote Thebe but I missed the poll by a few minutes. :(
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Night 2 Event: The Quest for the Deathly Hallows - The Cloak of Invisibility

The quest for the third of the Deathly Hallows has ended. The participation was a tad low, but we were expecting that. Thank you to all those who showed interest and submitted their brilliant works. :hugs:

After careful deliberation, we've reached a verdict. The winner of the Cloak of Invisibility is the author of the following piece of work:

(also, the power went out as I was posting this! Zupah :\)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Re: [POLLS] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Lizzy »

Night 2

Which one of Jupiter's Moons has more impact on your life?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 am

Io
Krystyna Ceynowa (3), Anna Koldings (8), Margaret Pearson (10), Rebecca Nurse (19)
20%

Europa
Barbara Kollerin (5), Märet Jonsdotter (9), Entjen Gillis (14)
15%

Ganymede
Sarah Good (4), Alice Nutter (7), Brita Zippel (16), Jane Southworth (17)
20%

Callisto
Anne Redferne (2), Karin Svensdotter (6), Malin Matsdotter (12), Mary Eastey (18)
20%

Thebe
Katharina Henot (11), Margarethe Reinberg (13), Jennet Bierley (15)
15%

Sailor Moon (Hosts/Mod/Deadies)
Lizzy (1), Roxy (20)
10%
Total votes : 20
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [NIGHT 2] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Snapshot »

This is an outrage.
Reporting
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

wait... there was a quest? i missed the first post about that :0
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

oh... invisible text... brilliant :0
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43

Post by A Person »

Night 2 - Katharina's Kiss

Katharina took what she thought would be her last look at Hogwarts and turned to into the growing gloom of the forest. She kept playing the recent events over and over in her mind, like a toddler who knows how to press play on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse dvd menu screen. Katharina knew she couldn't stay at school, it had become far too dangerous.

Shivering as she held her wand high to see the path in front of her, she came to a sudden halt. An unnatural chill seemed to fill the air, filling Katharina with a sense of unease. The light from her wand, which had only moments ago been able to dispel the growing gloom of nightfall, now seemed completely ineffective at piercing the encroaching darkness. Katharina could only take a few small, tentative steps forward when her fear erupted to a blinding panic.

Without another thought, she turned and bolted back towards the castle, tripping and ripping her way through the underbrush, unsure of what or why she was running from. Just as the trees were thinning out, Katharina's foot caught a tree root and she fell hard. Her wand, who's light had been her only small comfort up until now, flew from her hand as she attempted to catch herself, and flickered out. Katharina immediately started scrambling around the forest floor, picking through fallen branches and leaves, desperate to regain the small piece of mind she still had when her fear suddenly swelled to a crescendo. The air around her seemed to turn to ice, petrifying her and killing all hope she would ever see light or anything happy again. Sudden, terrible realization dawned as she began to succumb to final, crippling despair.

The dementor wasted no time and began to feed on its victim, hovering just above Katharina's cowering body. Katharina's strength gave out, but her luck had not. As she fell onto her back, her hand fell on a familiar stick. Katharina summoned the remainder of her will and flailed her wand at the air above her.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM"

She was just able to stay conscious long enough to see a cloud of silver explode over her, finally illuminating the black veiled figure as it retreated back into the depths of the woods.

Katharina Henot has survived a kill attempt by Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

it's now Day 3, you have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 68

Re: [DAY 3] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Rachel Green »

glad no one died. Fair warning guys I won't have Internet access for about 24 hours. sorry players and hosts! <3
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

"But my bad insanivid ... ...."

Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Sorry sis, what was that? Say again?
dunya
Turnip Head
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

"Oaesdgrjni Sapphire "

Reporting
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Nice to see no one died. :)

I did a quick reread and this stood out to me a lot. A lot of fear mongering. Eessentially saying that about 1/4 of the civvies could defect to the Death Eaters.
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:I think some people are looking at things wrong. I also think at least one of you is doing it intentionally.

The Malfoys are not good people, and while Draco is currently listed as what some may be inclined to think of as 'civvies', the header only says 'Students'. As has been pointed out, there are no win conditions posted.

Voldemort and team have the only NK, assuming the Teachers are baddies as a result is, for anyone familiar with the story, absurd (Snape being a possible exception). Those roles (and Voldemorts Army for that matter) do not have stated BTSC. I believe the VA do, but I am somewhat doubtful the teachers do.

In my opinion, it is likely Lucius is a recruiter, specifically trying to find Draco and bring him (and perhaps all, or some of, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy) into the fold, either with VA, or as a second and related group. Alternately, I can see him being a traitor role to the VA, which is what I am hopeful of, but in a game this size with the numbers being what they are, the way I see it that is unlikely.

As for Agnes, she survived a lynch, but maintained suspicion. I am of the opinion she was not Harry Potter, because we know Voldemort has Horcruxes in play, and therefore I expect that role to survive at least a single NK. I think targeting her, with the reasonable assumption the protector would not use (important to note they are limited in this game) it on her, was to check and see if she was indeed HP. Since she died, her being Harry is unlikely, and I believe VA know it to not be the case because I think Voldemorts role includes information on the Horcruxes.

As for her actual role, there are still two roles (Justin and Cho), that I am quite confident are what we can consider to be civvie that could explain her D1 survival, she could have been a teacher (and therefore imo probably, although we have no guarantee, civvie aligned), or she could have been Draco or Crabbe, in which case, as far as I'm concerned, we might still be better off without her. Or her survival could have been a result of a prize from D0, although at this point with all the role possibilities for lynch survivals, I'm inclined to doubt that.

As for useful information, Mary, Bridget, and Entjen, based on posts since D2 started, are the candidates for my vote as of now. Between the three of them, I think there is some intentional misinformation being spread, and while I seriously doubt more than one of them is VA, I do expect I will be voting for one of them today. Hopefully further discussion (and host clarifications, I'm interested to know if we'll get explicit win conditions, but if we do I would have follow up questions) will make it more clear which of the three I should go with.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote: I did a quick reread and this stood out to me a lot. A lot of fear mongering. Eessentially saying that about 1/4 of the civvies could defect to the Death Eaters.
"It's very true."

Reporting
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Mary Eastey wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote: I did a quick reread and this stood out to me a lot. A lot of fear mongering. Eessentially saying that about 1/4 of the civvies could defect to the Death Eaters.
"It's very true."

What does this mean? :p
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Yeah, sister Mary. Do give a well-detailed, elaborate explanation ;)
dunya
Turnip Head
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Mary Eastey wrote:"So, if they are a baddie team, why don't they have an NK? And what about the fact that they are each head of houses, and all of the students are evenly divided between the houses? That has to mean something, right?"

This is speculation, but I think each of the teachers can recruit someone from their house to their team. They have to search for them every night. So yes, they may not have an NK, but I think that they could probably lower the amount of civvies drastically.
Those numbers don't make any sense. If every teacher recruited someone, and they are baddies, that would result in 12 baddies total. You're pushing things that aren't likely. Mafia teams have kills. You use not knowing the teachers alignment as a reason they are bad, but we don't have the alignment for any role, and there are no grounds to believe the teachers are bad (once again, I'd say Snape is a possible exception, perhaps some kind of solo baddie).

We KNOW that Lucius is searching for Draco each night. We don't know what happens if he finds him, but we do know neither he or Draco are anything that could be considered good people, and Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy are worse. You're trying to force role alignments that are consistent with a standard layout, not alignments that make real sense, and not alignments that are supported by what little we do have to go on.
She literally says that somehow, civvies are worse. If this isn't fear mongering, I don't know what is.

:eye: Big time.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Ned Flanders »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Mary Eastey wrote:"So, if they are a baddie team, why don't they have an NK? And what about the fact that they are each head of houses, and all of the students are evenly divided between the houses? That has to mean something, right?"

This is speculation, but I think each of the teachers can recruit someone from their house to their team. They have to search for them every night. So yes, they may not have an NK, but I think that they could probably lower the amount of civvies drastically.
Those numbers don't make any sense. If every teacher recruited someone, and they are baddies, that would result in 12 baddies total. You're pushing things that aren't likely. Mafia teams have kills. You use not knowing the teachers alignment as a reason they are bad, but we don't have the alignment for any role, and there are no grounds to believe the teachers are bad (once again, I'd say Snape is a possible exception, perhaps some kind of solo baddie).

We KNOW that Lucius is searching for Draco each night. We don't know what happens if he finds him, but we do know neither he or Draco are anything that could be considered good people, and Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy are worse. You're trying to force role alignments that are consistent with a standard layout, not alignments that make real sense, and not alignments that are supported by what little we do have to go on.
She literally says that somehow, civvies are worse. If this isn't fear mongering, I don't know what is.

:eye: Big time.
Except it's been confirmed that teachers are independents, not baddies. So unless you want to tell me you think a game with 20 non baddies vs. 4 baddies makes sense, then more have to have that potential, and Slytherin has a history of being evil (Point in case: all 4 baddies were).

That's not fear-mongering, that's the reality of the situation, if you don't want to accept it, than that's on you.
Assault
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
We KNOW that Lucius is searching for Draco each night. We don't know what happens if he finds him, but we do know neither he or Draco are anything that could be considered good people, and Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy are worse.
Except it's been confirmed that teachers are independents, not baddies. So unless you want to tell me you think a game with 20 non baddies vs. 4 baddies makes sense, then more have to have that potential, and Slytherin has a history of being evil (Point in case: all 4 baddies were).

That's not fear-mongering, that's the reality of the situation, if you don't want to accept it, than that's on you.
....you literally said that Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy-- roles to which we have zero confirmed indication that are recruitable (we have that indication on Draco) are worse than Lucius.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

A Person wrote:Night 2

While the actual post will be posted later, Katharina Henot has survived a kill attempt by Voldemort and the death eaters.

it's now Day 3, you have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Hey now! That wasn't nice. :mad:
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Lunatella »

I'm happy that no one died. :wine:

Lunalee
nutella
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Rebecca Nurse wrote:Yeah, sister Mary. Do give a well-detailed, elaborate explanation ;)
"Rebecca MOM!"

Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
We KNOW that Lucius is searching for Draco each night. We don't know what happens if he finds him, but we do know neither he or Draco are anything that could be considered good people, and Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy are worse.

....you literally said that Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy-- roles to which we have zero confirmed indication that are recruitable (we have that indication on Draco) are worse than Lucius.
"I completely agree, maybe things will vote accordingly."

Reporting
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Ben Linus »

Quiet day so far. Where is everyone?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

I'm checking in occasionally, waiting for Krystyna's response regarding why s/he said Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy were worse than Lucius or Draco. I was hoping s/he would have responded by now.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:

Go read the books and tell me they aren't.
Assault
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote: ....you literally said that Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy-- roles to which we have zero confirmed indication that are recruitable (we have that indication on Draco) are worse than Lucius.
Maybe in the thread you should differentiate what you're getting from the books versus what are you deducing from the thread. Not all of us have read all the books so can't tell where you're getting you're info unless you specify.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Katharina, who do you think might have tried to kill you last night?

Krystyna, do you believe that Draco and the other Slytherin students are baddies, or do you just want us to be wary of the possibility they could be? What do you think of your vote for Bridget yesterday, now that we know her role? Do you stand by your reasoning?
Jennet Bierley wrote:Quiet day so far. Where is everyone?
What are your thoughts today, Jennet?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:

Yes, because every Mafia game bases itself purely on the books. By this logic, Snape-- along with the rest of the professors-- are secret civvies.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Honestly, Crabbe accidentally kills himself, and Ron and Hermione save Goyle. Yes, in the books they end up being pretty shitty, but saying they're worse than a devoted Death Eater that only really regretted it because Voldemort didn't hold him in high regards anymore is pretty weird.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Jane Southworth wrote:Katharina, who do you think might have tried to kill you last night?

Krystyna, do you believe that Draco and the other Slytherin students are baddies, or do you just want us to be wary of the possibility they could be? What do you think of your vote for Bridget yesterday, now that we know her role? Do you stand by your reasoning?

You know, I've been trying to figure out who I could have ticked off but my mind is kinda drawing a blank. I voted for sarah yesterday and mary easty day 1 but neither of those two players were ever in much danger of actually being lynched.

I'm wondering if I was targeted specifically because it's harder to draw connections to the death eaters as far as "who would try to kill you?" If that makes sense at all?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Jane Southworth wrote:Katharina, who do you think might have tried to kill you last night?

I think that Draco, at least, is recruitable, and I think the other 3 are more likely to have the potential of being anti-civvie than any of the professors (once again, with Snape being a possible exception).

I think she wanted votes, and intentionally got lynched pulling a move that shouldn't be used by civvies. I think it was a poor civvie play that was always going to end in her lynch, and I think she knew that. Why, when as a civ RBer she was one of the few roles that had the potential to help lockdown the baddie NK (there is no nightly protect that we know of. the cloak could do it moving forward, but we do not know that), she would have made that play, I have no idea, but then, I don't think that play ever makes sense for a civ to pull, so that doesn't help.

Bridget being a civvie was always a possibility, I just wasn't convinced that it was likely, and even though she was, she was not doing anything that was going to help civvies. Intentionally getting yourself lynched as a civvie so that people who vote for you because you decided to act like a baddie then get lynched as well, is a terrible idea, and I'll always take the risk of lynching a person who pulls it, because even as a civvie I don't want them around hurting the civvie chance of winning the game. So yes, I stand by my vote, and I'll vote the exact same way in every situation like it in future games, because it is behavior that results in the game not being fun. I'd go so far as to say the only thing worse than a non-participant is a participant intentionally pulling crap like that that they should know is going to hurt their team. If and when I'm lynched, then lets face it, whatever reasons people give, the Bridget result will be a large reason for votes (whether directly or indirectly. I said things that would also get votes because of Bridget, and wouldn't have been said if D2 hadn't been a waste of time because of her), the thing people should keep in mind is that the play Bridget made, supposedly to help the civvies, is responsible for it.
Assault

Return to “Previous Jobs”