Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Polka Heist [DAY 3]

Post by Sloonei »

Spoiler: show
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:03 am
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:45 am
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:45 am I'm town, Mac is town and DDL is town. Don't know about Tony.

Bad poe Slonei, bad
:suspish:
DDL's rant about people circle-jerking is hard town. Same with inactive/not fully engaged Mac suspecting you strongly. Both are very genuine.
I believe DDL’s feelings about the hot potato lynch reflect an honest position of his, but I don’t think that indicates that he is town in this game.
You actually may be right :ponder:
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:03 pm Hmmm, the not wanting to share reads at night feels fake. Pretty unnecessary remark, especially for someone having seemingly missed most of the earlier stuff.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:49 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:17 pm Sloonei, how did you arrive at that PoE of 4?
timmer was town at the wazoo on Day 1.
Epi and Long Con have not looked they’re trying to deceive or misguide the thread at any point.
Michelle’s early posts upon subbing in looked like someone who both wanted to solve the game and was not informed about specific happenings.
Wilgy has been relatively engaged at times, and I think one specific post of his pointed to an earnest effort to read Creature post-flip for teammate interactions.
sig flipped out after we lynched Creature and thought we should have lynched me instead. No teammate is going to react that way.

DDL has done nothing that I think is incompatible with him being scum and I have found more questionable content in his ISO than anyone else’s.
Tony has not done anything that strongly suggests that he is either alignment to me.
Sorhanova did nothing until right now.
Mac did nothing for days and then showed up and did his Mac shtick for 10 minutes and left.
Agree on timmer
LC looks fine I guess. Epi is scum though, so re-read him
Okay
His remark about Sig maybe wanting to shame people for lynching Creature pre-flip 'cause Sig knows Creature is about to flip town was great.
Agree
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:09 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:08 pm That brings me to Epi, DDL, Michelle and Tony. We got them boys :beer:
Sell me on Michelle.
I haven't really seen anything from her that screamed to me. Feels like she's been walking on eggshells since she subbed on, and is being very safe. A lot of asking mild questions, clarifications and not enough conclusions I feel.
I do not feel like that is an accurate representation of Michelle’s posts. She’s stated a lot of reads.
Not anything sharp. It's mostly been lean villager and some I don't knows which are exactly what I'm talking about. Dom was supposedly after something about a question he asked and not seeing much from him, but then it went back to gth. Same with DrWilgy, the quoted posts felt arbitrary and just to get a default scumread. I don't see any train of thoughts at all and both her red read have in common her "iso-ing" the two and coming up with the read.

Both feel like very safe scum read and basic one, doesn't feel like they were genuine or that she wanted to figure them out. The lack of interacting or being a bit in their face is the walking on eggshells attitude I'm feeling. She's playing it from far.
All these posts (and a few others) read like he's trying to avoid confrontation with me. I don't feel like I needed to earn a town read from nova, and yet he has seemingly defaulted to a position of agreement with me on everything except for Epi.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 467

Post by Sloonei »

By "don't feel like I needed to earn a town read" I mean that it doesn't seem like he ever actually read me to produce a read. Unless it is decided that I am oozing goodness right now, I don't like how little resistance I've been met with from nova.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:08 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:21 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:54 am I am 100% certain Sloonei is scum. Lynch me or him idc. Just lynch the other one next.
i wish to know on a scale from 1 to 10 how much you believe this. And by comparison how much you were convinced that Dom will flip scum?
3/10 on Sloonei. 0/10 Dom.
This is like his math has a problem. Passed through my mind: if he is scum don't he add more tham a 3/10 when he previously said he's 100% sure? like not 10/10 but at least 6?
I wouldn't vote Mac today even if I had that suspicion on him but instead I wish to see him playing more.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 284

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:48 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:35 pm @Michelle Talk to me more about Wilgy. I think we had this conversation already, but let’s rehash it.
i iso-ed him in the previous day and I didn't feel it villagery. I don't have many posts, search in my Iso please.
A feed back on my oppinon would be nice.
You ask for feed back on one relatively bad post. Why would scum ever do that? You give a weak argument, double down on it and ask for feedback on it. Seems town.

Why Epi? Honestly I just remember he was in the top half.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:54 am I am 100% certain Sloonei is scum. Lynch me or him idc. Just lynch the other one next.
i wish to know on a scale from 1 to 10 how much you believe this. And by comparison how much you were convinced that Dom will flip scum?
This is like his math has a problem. Passed through my mind: if he is scum don't he add more tham a 3/10 when he previously said he's 100% sure? like not 10/10 but at least 6?
I wouldn't vote Mac today even if I had that suspicion on him but instead I wish to see him playing more.
Like I've said somewhere else, Mac always says that he's sure I'm scum. It doesn't mean anything.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:30 pm
Like I've said somewhere else, Mac always says that he's sure I'm scum. It doesn't mean anything.
That means he also may be villager isn't it?
What do you think about a drW lynch?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:30 pm
That means he also may be villager isn't it?
What do you think about a drW lynch?
It means nothing. It doesn't indicate anything about his alignment.

I have no reason to support a DrWilgy lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 pmWhat do you think about a drW lynch?
Looking back at his posts during the Dom lynch.
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:25 pm On Dom: I'm very bad at reading him. Idk if I've ever seen him supa town and maybe this causes me to default to him being bad.
That's hedgey enough to warrant some suspicion.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

To be fair, I dont think anyone knows how to confidently read Dom.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:38 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:25 pm On Dom: I'm very bad at reading him. Idk if I've ever seen him supa town and maybe this causes me to default to him being bad.
Is DrW a player who knows Dom from many games?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:42 pm
Yes. Sloonei's right, though, Dom is hard to read.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:59 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:32 pm what do you have on him DDL?
Nothing.

Epi usually gives me more.
I can only get on when I can get on. We are getting ready for exams and the end of the semester and that's the busiest two times of the year for me by far. There is also an earlier deadline in "All My Circuits," so that gets prioritized over this one.

I apologize for not being around, but this is the best I can do.
I try never to judge activity. But I judge behavior. You could be much more assertive with your low post count, yet you seen to be accepting a more passive playstyle and that bothers me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:42 pm
Dom and Wilgy are both players that have been around for a long time, but they've also both kind of come and gone over the last couple years. Wilgy in particular hasn't played much recently. So they're familiar with each other, but don't have much recent experience in games together.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 pm
Nothing.

I can only get on when I can get on. We are getting ready for exams and the end of the semester and that's the busiest two times of the year for me by far. There is also an earlier deadline in "All My Circuits," so that gets prioritized over this one.

I try never to judge activity. But I judge behavior. You could be much more assertive with your low post count, yet you seen to be accepting a more passive playstyle and that bothers me.
:shrug:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nothing.

I'm not bothered by a passive epi. If anything, it's one of the reasons I town read him.

I initially typed "I'm not bothered by ass".
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 97

Post by sig »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:11 pm
sig wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:49 pm I don't even know where I left off in this damn thing.
Saaaaame
what a mindmeld :huh:
Here's the DL, I've fallen down a dark hole the darkest of holes the hole of reality tv, paired with two games, job search, and holiday lazyness I'm a bit lost. Rip. :shrug:
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: nova] aubergine via sorsha
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:39 pm If there is an argument for Epi to be bad, it's that this game has been relatively quiet since Day 1, and Epi's relatively low level of participation has done nothing to change this, and if anything it has helped to maintain the status quo. I don't believe very strongly in this argument.
Hmm in that one game I played with Epi where we're both bad (I know I bring it up a lot but for some reason I remember older games more easily) there was a point where activity was very low and I was worried only our team posting would expose us. Epi then told me something like: "This is a good thing. We are the activity now".

Scum Epi doesn't necessarily try to leave the thread quiet that's what I mean.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:45 pm
Nothing.

I'm not bothered by a passive epi. If anything, it's one of the reasons I town read him.

Yes, I think it's civ-Epi enough to go low key until midgame, and then spring out with a big case to suddenly control a lynch.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

My issues from last lynch hasn't changed re Wilgy/Mac

I could see Mac's point we have one hard busser right now in the Civ group that lynched Creature, but we can't start lynching them.

I'd still be down to lynch michelle, but I'll admit it's mainly a tone/gut theory thing.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Although I will say that I am sensing a potential teammate vibe between Michelle and Mac today. I never try to look for partnerships like this when both players are still alive and unconfirmed, but if one of them is scum then I'd be very inclined to look into the other.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'll read over Mac and Wilgy real quick see what I see.

DDL, LC, Epi, Sloonie, and Timmer are people I won't lynch.
Sorsha is odd she hasn't been around so its literally a shot a dark.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:52 pm I'll read over Mac and Wilgy real quick see what I see.

DDL, LC, Epi, Sloonie, and Timmer are people I won't lynch.
Sorsha is odd she hasn't been around so its literally a shot a dark.
sorsha is nova now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig and nova aren't partners.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Nevermind I see Nova replaced in, can anyone give me a quick summary of thoughts on him/why he has vvotes.

linki: shhhh

linki2: I need to start a new strategy bumbling blindly I'll call it. :p
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:48 pm
Nothing.

Yes, I think it's civ-Epi enough to go low key until midgame, and then spring out with a big case to suddenly control a lynch.
I controlled the last lynch though. :sigh:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:53 pm sig and nova aren't partners.
:srsnod:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I think Nova's entrance looks more real then michelle's tbh
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:04 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:29 pm So i'm thinking if all four turtles are civ then mafia has a very strong incentive to kill them all. They can't really wifom their way out of it.

But if at least one of them is bad, maybe mafia lets to get the others leave since that member being bad forces town to eventually lynch some of them. True, it may be still smart to kill some of them, but maybe not all of them.

What I mean is that those kills say good things about Sloon and Timmer I guess.
This is a good DDL post though me think
[VOTE: nova] aubergine
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also re Dom, I want to bitch since I liked the TSP lynch.

But I can't read Dom worth a damn. Wilgy reasoning is well reasonable if he wasn't voting there, but he basically voted in the dark. Seemed like an easy vote. He's also not being very weird which is a turn off. Same with early D1/0 Epi he hasn't acted very Epiish
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:48 pm
Nothing.

I controlled the last lynch though. :sigh:
Oh, damn, that's right.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] Why the vote.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine

Throwing a vote here right now, while I skim her and TSP.
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:49 pm Although I will say that I am sensing a potential teammate vibe between Michelle and Mac today. I never try to look for partnerships like this when both players are still alive and unconfirmed, but if one of them is scum then I'd be very inclined to look into the other.
Don't link me with anyone, this makes associative reads and these are very useful for scum. When you say the bolded you don't follow with doing it -_-

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't think I've ever had such an easy time convincing nova I'm town, considering both games where I was actually town and the ones where I was scum.

He came here, said I was bad because I wasn't theorycrafting, I did what he asked and now's he's letting me off the hook.

Not that I made that theory because he asked, mind you. I did it because I wanted to. But after reading his post I was expecting people calling me out for doing exactly what nova asked. Instead people seem to be letting me get away.

In nova's case this is weird. The man doesn't let his prey get away so easily.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:49 pm Although I will say that I am sensing a potential teammate vibe between Michelle and Mac today. I never try to look for partnerships like this when both players are still alive and unconfirmed, but if one of them is scum then I'd be very inclined to look into the other.
Don't link me with anyone, this makes associative reads and these are very useful for scum. When you say the bolded you don't follow with doing it -_-
That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not something I'm going to pursue right now, nor is it something that I like to do, but I can't ignore it and want to state it for later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

sig wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 pm I think Nova's entrance looks more real then michelle's tbh
define real.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Replacements can enter with pizzazz and authenticity regardless of alignment.

it had been too long since anybody said pizzazz.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Calling it now my inactive theory is right and it's nova and michelle. Or maybe nova and mac. Or all three.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:03 pm
sig wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 pm I think Nova's entrance looks more real then michelle's tbh
define real.
Less crafted, but I may be tunneling. Since in hindsight what DDL said is off.

linki: Inactive getting replaced was one thing I disliked about Michelle as well, back in the old days before TS the first person to sub in was almost always mafia, now that doesn't hold true for here, but it has stuck with me.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[VOTE: Sorsha/Nova] aubergine

I'm not totally convinced but I trust the people on the wagon and if someone ties it with Wilgy we get a no lynch.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:08 pm [VOTE: Sorsha/Nova] aubergine

I'm not totally convinced but I trust the people on the wagon and if someone ties it with Wilgy we get a no lynch.
But, I do see what DDL is saying and that does hold within Nova meta.

I could go for a Wilgy lynch, but I'd like enough margin of error that we get a lynch.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've felt significantly better about DDL over the last few hours, btw.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by timmer »

I'm here, I'm going to do a lightning catchup....
My siggie.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Someone said Michelle was suspicious and I liked what I read except I think it was nova who said it? If so then lol
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

just around 30 mins but is 4:10 am and I am like dead.
Sorry for that.
DDL says I am inactive smh. This is a bad reasoning. Also DDL both inactives slots may be town, passed through your mind?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sig wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:08 pm [VOTE: Sorsha/Nova] aubergine

And I'm not feeling the wilgy lynch at all.

It's wilgy. Normal scum tells don't cut it. Either have a really good reason, or admit you are randomizing the lynch, because wilgy is a crapshoot.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:13 pm Someone said Michelle was suspicious and I liked what I read except I think it was nova who said it? If so then lol
you liked the suspicion for me?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:14 pm just around 30 mins but is 4:10 am and I am like dead.
Sorry for that.
DDL says I am inactive smh. This is a bad reasoning. Also DDL both inactives slots may be town, passed through your mind?
You were inactive on day 1.

Which is the day my whole theory is based on.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:15 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:13 pm Someone said Michelle was suspicious and I liked what I read except I think it was nova who said it? If so then lol
you liked the suspicion for me?
Y

Return to “Previous Heists”