Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

I should clearly go to sleep. Good night, all.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:16 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:15 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:04 amThe amount of vanilla lovers is concerning. Scum hides there mark my words.

Glad to play with everyone btw <3

Sould reading in page 1Tedex villager. Liked Nut - not a surprise ^^
Still reading to catch up. Work may stop this process :p
I'm glad you're town, Michelle.
Is this legit?
It's correct. Source: am better at reading Michelle than jack is at reading me.
Is posting excerpts from the Aussie game scum chat bad faith here? Because you are absolutely lying and I am nearing 100% confirmation you are wolf because of it.
What?

What does this have to do with anything

Like I think I get it but it's irrelevant here? My ability to read Michelle still stands...???
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:23 pmSo I'm wrong?
Of course not. But the read is not unique.
But I'm curious though, why did you ask if the read was legit when you had snap town read me anyway? Or like... I don't even know. It's ok really.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:15 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:13 pmExcuse you I’m an excellent trophy husband, I’m a drama queen and bitchy af
Relationship goals.

<3
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:12 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:08 pmI could but I'd rather not.
You never think about ME. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. =(
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 pm I keep seeing people saying they don’t like things nutella is saying.

I don’t see people saying why that’s the case.
I might talk about it later.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

TV time for an hour.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:24 pm We should wagon Dom as well.
[VOTE:
Dom]
aubergine
seems to be out of nowhere and dumb.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 pm SVS seems like a really cool person.

But I don't get why I've seen a number of TRs on her.
that is because she is a very cool person and a very good player.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:45 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:42 am
sprityo wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:38 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:49 am http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... Australian

@JaggedJimmyJay
@juliets
@sprityo
And anyone else who may think I’m too serious to be townJack or that I could be wrong or lying about Nutella being mafia, read my interactions with Nutella in that link with the knowledge that I am town and she’s a wolf.

This game is practically a rerun.
I’ve been wrong about jack being town 4/5 times so odds are in my favor that you’re not town :shrug: on top of I think all this subway sandwiches I’ve been eating are enforcing a healthier lifestyle

My gut wants less jack in my life, jack
That’s not how odds work. :wall:

Your gut is wrong. I’m clearly fucking town here and I’m clearly right on Nutella, too.
Is that an adjective or a transitive verb? :smoky:
: O
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

ISO of [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]

I'm spoiling this because it's long. I mentioned just about everything he said some relevant, some not. I tried to capture my comments in blue.

I see pluses and minuses as I expected I would. I think the thing that bothers me most is he went from calling nutella a suspect "maybe" to voting for her in the space of 3 minutes. It seems like his mind was made up so why post that "maybe"? It just rubs me the wrong way. Also, I mentioned before and thought about it as indicated while doing his ISO that he pursued me with a vengeance twice before when I was civ and he was bad and his pursuit of nutella here reminds me of that.

On the plus side though, would Jack link us to another game where he was town and nutella bad and ask us to look at it for comparison purposes? My feeling is he wouldn't. Also he points out that he's read nutella correctly 8 games running. Would he ruin his credibility on that point going forward to get her lynched here?

Jack is very good at being scum. I need to think about and/or get feedback about my points above or other points about Jack but he is a possibility for my vote today.
- Jokes around early about the ice cream and Mac not having a big D
I believe someone else pointed out this loose and funny Jack is a townie look.

- Says Jay gets an undeserved toweread from him based on page 1
Later says this was a meta read. I don't see anything AI in this at this time.

- Early hot take, Sloonei, Jay and ted all town arguing over nonsense (not sure if he's kidding here or not).
Later, when questioned, says if he's wrong on one of them it's ted

- Says no-one is getting lynched for an ice cream vote, Michele and sig saying bet there's a scum in the vanilla voters could be distancing
Not sure why he draws this conclusion. People got lynched in other LC/BR games partly because of their Day 0 vote in the initial poll as some of us pointed out.

- Asked by Jay how Sloonei, Jay and ted fit their metas but Jack doesn't answer. Says "no".
Can't tell if he's kidding or what.

- Says he's waiting until the end of day 1 to give his 100% accurate nutella read.

- Says nutella is trending down when she says sig is sketch for claiming people were forming a town core. 7:10 pm
I thought nutella's post sounded kind of forced so I don't disagree with him here.

- Says sig is probably town.

- Agrees with Jay that Radish is a net negative

- Says his suspects are Michelle, Nanook and nutella (maybe) 10:53 pm

- Says nutella is playing like she is mimicking her town game or she's town. 10:54 pm

- Says nutella is showing waffles, Wim, and opportunism and votes her. 10:56 pm
Goes from nutella is "maybe" a suspect to voting for her in 3 minutes. This is ngl.

- nutella posts wtf is this and Jack responds "thanks for sticking to the script and confirming my read"

- Says nutella does not really suspect him (after she votes for him), sig or Nanook

- Jay asks how he differentiates between a nutella who looks like her town self and a nutella who is her town self. Jack says "One waffles and doesn't show opportunism. The other shows opportunism and says she's waffling."
Actually a pretty good answer if it's true.

- Says if his read changes he'll say he was just trying to provoke a reaction but thinks she's a baddie.
I think I have seen Jack do this before but I don't remember specifics.

- Mac says he thinks Jack is lying, Jack responds so lynch me.

- Reason for his Michelle hot take: she hasn't been around and he sees more wim from her when she's town and there's a certain feel to content that he's not seeing here.

- When challenged by Jay says Michelle rarely has a low post count.
At this point though (11:43 pm) Michelle has probably been in bed for hours. I would think Jack would know about her time zone, he's played in as many games with her as I have, maybe more.

- The next morning he says Ok, Michelle is town. (She must have posted that morning.)

- Says he' unlynchable.
Does this every game.

- Town reads: sig, Michelle, Jay, S~V~S, ted, sprityo in about that order
My reads are very similar but just because his thinking here aligns with mine doesn't make him town.

- Says he's read nutella 8 games running on Day 1 correctly and here she is bad.
I have to admit this is pretty impressive. Would he say this if he is scum?

- Agrees with ted that Nutella's vote for him is fake as fuck. Not voting him because she thinks he's evil, voting him because she is defending herself.

- Provides a link to a game he and nutella played asking me, Jay, and sprityo to read it with the thought he is town and she is scum.
I haven't read this yet but I'm doubtful that Jack would do this as scum.

- Argues that Wolfjack would never go all in to Lynch someone Day 1. If nutella was really mafia and he was bad it would put him in the cross hairs of the other team and if she's town he loses all cred. He has a history of catching wolf nutella and linked us to a game where she did the same thing as she's doing here.
Pretty good argument for Jack being town though if nutella is mafia and Jack town her mafia team would still have him in their crosshairs.

- Responds to sprityo saying he is wrong about how odds work and he (Jack) is clearly fucking town and clearly right about nutella.
His emotion does not seem faked here but I can't forget how he pursued me with emotion in a game where he was bad and I was town. Jack plays the scum role well.

- Says two of his voters aren't paying attention and have demanded he be more town even though he's presented a case on a wolf. One voter misunderstood something he said and is voting on that. One voter is clearly bullshitting and is a wolf and he can't remember why Jay is voting for him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:04 amThe amount of vanilla lovers is concerning. Scum hides there mark my words.

Is this legit?
Is posting excerpts from the Aussie game scum chat bad faith here? Because you are absolutely lying and I am nearing 100% confirmation you are wolf because of it.
What?

Like I think I get it but it's irrelevant here? My ability to read Michelle still stands...???
The part where you keep downplaying Jack being god tier at reading you. I have demonstrable evidence that you know and highly regard his ability to read you. The lines of logic you are using are fallacious as opposed to what they would naturally be if he was actually wrong.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:26 pm
[VOTE:
Dom]
aubergine
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 pm
It's not dumb, it's Dom. :grin:

[VOTE: Dom] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wait Mac i might be remembering it wrong. But I hold that my ability to read Michelle stands. Regardless of the specific tell thing I have referenced, she is obvious lol.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Fucking up the quotes was kind of dumb though
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm Wait Mac i might be remembering it wrong. But I hold that my ability to read Michelle stands. Regardless of the specific tell thing I have referenced, she is obvious lol.
I don't doubt that
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh that, well I know he's wrong here unless he's flat out making it up,so yeah.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 pm ISO of @Jackofhearts2005

I'm spoiling this because it's long. I mentioned just about everything he said some relevant, some not. I tried to capture my comments in blue.

I see pluses and minuses as I expected I would. I think the thing that bothers me most is he went from calling nutella a suspect "maybe" to voting for her in the space of 3 minutes. It seems like his mind was made up so why post that "maybe"? It just rubs me the wrong way. Also, I mentioned before and thought about it as indicated while doing his ISO that he pursued me with a vengeance twice before when I was civ and he was bad and his pursuit of nutella here reminds me of that.

On the plus side though, would Jack link us to another game where he was town and nutella bad and ask us to look at it for comparison purposes? My feeling is he wouldn't. Also he points out that he's read nutella correctly 8 games running. Would he ruin his credibility on that point going forward to get her lynched here?

Jack is very good at being scum. I need to think about and/or get feedback about my points above or other points about Jack but he is a possibility for my vote today.
- Jokes around early about the ice cream and Mac not having a big D
I believe someone else pointed out this loose and funny Jack is a townie look.

- Says Jay gets an undeserved toweread from him based on page 1
Later says this was a meta read. I don't see anything AI in this at this time.

- Early hot take, Sloonei, Jay and ted all town arguing over nonsense (not sure if he's kidding here or not).
Later, when questioned, says if he's wrong on one of them it's ted

- Says no-one is getting lynched for an ice cream vote, Michele and sig saying bet there's a scum in the vanilla voters could be distancing
Not sure why he draws this conclusion. People got lynched in other LC/BR games partly because of their Day 0 vote in the initial poll as some of us pointed out.

- Asked by Jay how Sloonei, Jay and ted fit their metas but Jack doesn't answer. Says "no".
Can't tell if he's kidding or what.

- Says he's waiting until the end of day 1 to give his 100% accurate nutella read.

- Says nutella is trending down when she says sig is sketch for claiming people were forming a town core. 7:10 pm
I thought nutella's post sounded kind of forced so I don't disagree with him here.

- Says sig is probably town.

- Agrees with Jay that Radish is a net negative

- Says his suspects are Michelle, Nanook and nutella (maybe) 10:53 pm

- Says nutella is playing like she is mimicking her town game or she's town. 10:54 pm

- Says nutella is showing waffles, Wim, and opportunism and votes her. 10:56 pm
Goes from nutella is "maybe" a suspect to voting for her in 3 minutes. This is ngl.

- nutella posts wtf is this and Jack responds "thanks for sticking to the script and confirming my read"

- Says nutella does not really suspect him (after she votes for him), sig or Nanook

- Jay asks how he differentiates between a nutella who looks like her town self and a nutella who is her town self. Jack says "One waffles and doesn't show opportunism. The other shows opportunism and says she's waffling."
Actually a pretty good answer if it's true.

- Says if his read changes he'll say he was just trying to provoke a reaction but thinks she's a baddie.
I think I have seen Jack do this before but I don't remember specifics.

- Mac says he thinks Jack is lying, Jack responds so lynch me.

- Reason for his Michelle hot take: she hasn't been around and he sees more wim from her when she's town and there's a certain feel to content that he's not seeing here.

- When challenged by Jay says Michelle rarely has a low post count.
At this point though (11:43 pm) Michelle has probably been in bed for hours. I would think Jack would know about her time zone, he's played in as many games with her as I have, maybe more.

- The next morning he says Ok, Michelle is town. (She must have posted that morning.)

- Says he' unlynchable.
Does this every game.

- Town reads: sig, Michelle, Jay, S~V~S, ted, sprityo in about that order
My reads are very similar but just because his thinking here aligns with mine doesn't make him town.

- Says he's read nutella 8 games running on Day 1 correctly and here she is bad.
I have to admit this is pretty impressive. Would he say this if he is scum?

- Agrees with ted that Nutella's vote for him is fake as fuck. Not voting him because she thinks he's evil, voting him because she is defending herself.

- Provides a link to a game he and nutella played asking me, Jay, and sprityo to read it with the thought he is town and she is scum.
I haven't read this yet but I'm doubtful that Jack would do this as scum.

- Argues that Wolfjack would never go all in to Lynch someone Day 1. If nutella was really mafia and he was bad it would put him in the cross hairs of the other team and if she's town he loses all cred. He has a history of catching wolf nutella and linked us to a game where she did the same thing as she's doing here.
Pretty good argument for Jack being town though if nutella is mafia and Jack town her mafia team would still have him in their crosshairs.

- Responds to sprityo saying he is wrong about how odds work and he (Jack) is clearly fucking town and clearly right about nutella.
His emotion does not seem faked here but I can't forget how he pursued me with emotion in a game where he was bad and I was town. Jack plays the scum role well.

- Says two of his voters aren't paying attention and have demanded he be more town even though he's presented a case on a wolf. One voter misunderstood something he said and is voting on that. One voter is clearly bullshitting and is a wolf and he can't remember why Jay is voting for him.
Chances of Juliets and Jack being teammates are now near zero. Postmark it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Is this legit?
What?

The part where you keep downplaying Jack being god tier at reading you. I have demonstrable evidence that you know and highly regard his ability to read you. The lines of logic you are using are fallacious as opposed to what they would naturally be if he was actually wrong.
What does the last sentence even mean? He is actually wrong,unless he is just a lying wolf, so if I am right about Michelle then my assessment is true (barring some bullshit about total number of games or whatever)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Lol we are replaying Australian murder mystery.

I’m certain Nutella is scum, we vote for each other and people follow, I leave and return to someone else having more votes than either of us.

Will be catching up in the next hour or four. Just now getting home from game night and apparently, the combination of my work reception sucking and being out of data means I can’t load just this website at work. 🤷🏻‍♂️
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

About to read juliets' iso but I like and agree with her waffling in the intro. I do have trouble seeing scum jack pointing to the other game like that so I have been leaning toward him just being town in a tunnel.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:34 pm Lol we are replaying Australian murder mystery.

I’m certain Nutella is scum, we vote for each other and people follow, I leave and return to someone else having more votes than either of us.

Will be catching up in the next hour or four. Just now getting home from game night and apparently, the combination of my work reception sucking and being out of data means I can’t load just this website at work. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's not anything like that. Btw have you even read anything since you were last here? I'm eager to see your catchup thoughts. Because I don't understand how you can see any similarities between my play here and my scum play (which even I acknowledged was terrible and obvious). And do you have any thoughts on anyone besides me?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:32 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:27 pm This is 100% how Sloonei plays, he's like a prosecuter in a TV show about lawyers.
I like to think of myself as an annoyingly curious 6 year old.
Why?
What purpose does this question serve?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:32 pm Jack, how did your brain make the transition from this:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:54 pm Like Nutella is playing what I would expect from her if she tried really hard to mimic her town game.

Or she’s just town.

Like she’s hitting her scumtell a and her towntells.
To this:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:19 am I’ve served a wolf up on a silver platter.

Pay attention.
I would need convincing in here, and no, I'm not going to go read another thread.
!!!
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm Btw Jack is always right about Nutella. It's canon. So either he's town and she's wolf or he's wolf and she's wolf, or he's wolf and she's town. But one of them is always a wolf so we should lynch Nutella.
:eye:

This is nothing pretending to be something.
This boils down to this is not civ v civ.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:51 pm Nutella is bad and Dom is her teammate
what?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:56 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:54 pm I was toying with voting mac right before he appeared, now if I do so it'll look like omgus lmao.

Mac do better pls.
Would a civilian nutella care how it looks?
No.
That is the best argument so far against nutella.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:30 pm Chances of Juliets and Jack being teammates are now near zero. Postmark it.
juliets is my top civilian read in general.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Someone please explain your/the case against nutella to me like I am five. I can't be spending time tinkering around the thread myself right now. I don't see it, but she made me look like a doofus on Mafia451 so idfk
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:32 pm
Is this legit?
What?

What does the last sentence even mean? He is actually wrong,unless he is just a lying wolf, so if I am right about Michelle then my assessment is true (barring some bullshit about total number of games or whatever)
Your reaction to him is not the reaction of someone who is being incorrectly read by someone who always correctly reads you. It's way too mundane. Jack misreading you would be a significant happening and you are downplaying it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom is absolutely a wolf btw.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Is this legit?
What?

Your reaction to him is not the reaction of someone who is being incorrectly read by someone who always correctly reads you. It's way too mundane. Jack misreading you would be a significant happening and you are downplaying it.
I'm downplaying it???? But also overreacting and being "histrionic"? Pick one.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] can you extrapolate on your Dom/Nutella worldview please?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:37 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:34 pm Lol we are replaying Australian murder mystery.

It's not anything like that. Btw have you even read anything since you were last here? I'm eager to see your catchup thoughts. Because I don't understand how you can see any similarities between my play here and my scum play (which even I acknowledged was terrible and obvious). And do you have any thoughts on anyone besides me?
I absolutely have not. I’m temporarily ignoring the rest of your post and my 11 notifications.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:42 pm
What?

Oh look you found a fallacy you can latch on to. Got me.

You are downplaying his read when you say things like "he even said he may be wrong" and lolling at me telling me to do better than copy his read and you are being histrionic in your dealings with me moreso than him which makes the read even more valid.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:59 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:55 pmUnder duress when immediately forced to observe it and then lolkekked his vote to a wagon that has 0% chance of ever forming.

Nutella
Jay
Radishes

Teammates.
And you are on the other team then, I presume? :beer:
This actually isn't nuts.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:54 pm I was toying with voting mac right before he appeared, now if I do so it'll look like omgus lmao.

Mac do better pls.
A civilian nutella does. A civilian nutella might do it anyway if mac's pattern of behavior continues.
A civillian nutella does what she wants and takes no prisoners.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
I don't remember what you're talking about. I'll need more.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:37 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:32 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:27 pm This is 100% how Sloonei plays, he's like a prosecuter in a TV show about lawyers.
I like to think of myself as an annoyingly curious 6 year old.
Why?
What purpose does this question serve?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:32 pm Jack, how did your brain make the transition from this:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:54 pm Like Nutella is playing what I would expect from her if she tried really hard to mimic her town game.

Or she’s just town.

To this:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:19 am I’ve served a wolf up on a silver platter.

Pay attention.
I would need convincing in here, and no, I'm not going to go read another thread.
!!!
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm Btw Jack is always right about Nutella. It's canon. So either he's town and she's wolf or he's wolf and she's wolf, or he's wolf and she's town. But one of them is always a wolf so we should lynch Nutella.
:eye:

This is nothing pretending to be something.
This boils down to this is not civ v civ.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:51 pm Nutella is bad and Dom is her teammate
what?

Mac do better pls.
No.
That is the best argument so far against nutella.
None, it’s a joke lol. Cause 6 year olds ask why a lot.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:45 pm

What?

You are downplaying his read when you say things like "he even said he may be wrong" and lolling at me telling me to do better than copy his read and you are being histrionic in your dealings with me moreso than him which makes the read even more valid.
I'm not actively downplaying that part, he literally said the words "or she might just be town" lmao. His read was weak by his own admission, then two minutes later he arbitrarily decided it was stronger off of nothing.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm
[VOTE:
Dom]
aubergine

I can't believe it's not butter.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm Wait Mac i might be remembering it wrong. But I hold that my ability to read Michelle stands. Regardless of the specific tell thing I have referenced, she is obvious lol.
To quoth the nutella:
"Is your bike broken? 'Cause you seem to be back peddlin' awfully fast"

(Nutella, 201?, The Piano, Unknown Game)
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:42 pm Dom is absolutely a wolf btw.

come the fuck on

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:47 pm None, it’s a joke lol. Cause 6 year olds ask why a lot.
i got your joke this time, nooky.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Let's all stop fighting
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:50 pm
To quoth the nutella:

come the fuck on

I tried to fix the quote tags on this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol Jack is talking -> 7 votes
Jack shuts up -> 1 vote

Love you all.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:49 pm

What?

I'm not actively downplaying that part, he literally said the words "or she might just be town" lmao. His read was weak by his own admission, then two minutes later he arbitrarily decided it was stronger off of nothing.
There is nothing meaningful about this observation. That is what people should do. Being careful to keep a consistent stream of thought is scumthink.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm
[VOTE:
Dom]
aubergine

I can't believe it's not butter.
To quoth the nutella:

come the fuck on

ugh I don't want to fix these quotes but basically it turned out mac wasn't even talking about what I thought he was talking about so it's irrelevant. I thought he was referring to my ability to read michelle, but he was talking about my view of jack's ability to read me. The bit about "remembering wrong" doesn't matter. I can explain more if you really care, but it really doesn't matter.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:52 pm
To quoth the nutella:

come the fuck on

I tried to fix the quote tags on this.
There was a recent game that I snap read you scum in that I was right but I could never really put into words a salient reason for it. I am having a similar experience.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What?

Nah, I decided it was stronger based on your reaction to me. Or maybe you pushed Nanook in the meantime.

There are definitely things between “Maybe Nutella is scum” and “Nutella is scum for sure” and not all of those things were in my head.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:53 pm

There is nothing meaningful about this observation. That is what people should do. Being careful to keep a consistent stream of thought is scumthink.
Strengthening his read on me would be fine if literally anything happened in between the two posts. Nothing did. He had previously said he would give it til the end of d1 to decided on me, but he didn't.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:54 pm

Nah, I decided it was stronger based on your reaction to me. Or maybe you pushed Nanook in the meantime.

There are definitely things between “Maybe Nutella is scum” and “Nutella is scum for sure” and not all of those things were in my head.
No. As juliets pointed out:

Or she’s just town.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 pm Specifically, Nutella is showing waffles, wim and opportunism.

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
These posts are two minutes apart.

Yes I posted in between them. If those exact posts changed your mind in those two minutes please elaborate.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 pm Sabie is thoroughly underwhelming to me. I saw her as more to the point and involved as town before. Thoughts?

[VOTE: Sabie] aubergine
Town tho
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

That’s between “maybe” and “I’m gonna vote for Nutella” though. Not “maybe” and “for sure a wolf.”
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 pm

Or she’s just town.

lol what is this garbage. u bad bro?
Here’s a post between them that’s a baddie sounding post though. :grin:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Or she’s just town.

Like “shitshitshit I’m gonna get caught again. Better accuse Jack preemptively.”
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:55 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:53 pm Suspects:
Nanook
Michelle
Nutella (maybe)
Lol what

Next time we should have a poll about favorite salad dressings!
This is kinda bad too but I’m not going to lie and say it impacted my read cause it didn’t.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

All of the above should be in pedantic pink.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:01 pm That’s between “maybe” and “I’m gonna vote for Nutella” though. Not “maybe” and “for sure a wolf.”
Ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Or she’s just town.

Like “shitshitshit I’m gonna get caught again. Better accuse Jack preemptively.”
Same thing she admitted to wanting to do to me.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”