Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:36 am [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
Epi, would you share your thoughts on speed?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

First, this rethinking of his thoughts makes Jack look better to me. It would be an easy coast for him to blow it off as, "I've never been wrong before :shrug: " as a baddie, rethinking himself seems more a civ thing than a bad.

Second [mention]Turnip Head[/mention] in the last game I played I was BTS with civvie Nutella. She took suspicion in that game, and I don't recall anger as a reaction, I recall exasperation, which I have seen here. Elaborate plz, tell me what I am missing.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Speed] aubergine
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:49 am First, this rethinking of his thoughts makes Jack look better to me. It would be an easy coast for him to blow it off as, "I've never been wrong before :shrug: " as a baddie, rethinking himself seems more a civ thing than a bad.

Second @Turnip Head in the last game I played I was BTS with civvie Nutella. She took suspicion in that game, and I don't recall anger as a reaction, I recall exasperation, which I have seen here. Elaborate plz, tell me what I am missing.
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 am
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:39 am Bad Nutella might get "mean" as suggested by someone, but good Nutella gets angry when she's wrongly suspected :shrug2: I don't see that anger here
I thought she did sound angry though. My interpretation of her vote for Jack is that she lashed out in anger.

I just went back and looked at your ISO because I couldn't remember the specifics of why you suspected her to see what I missed but I couldn't find any specifics. Could you elaborate a little more on why you find her suspicious?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:51 am [VOTE: Speed] aubergine
Good morning (or afternoon) Dizzy. Would you share your thoughts on speed? If you already did so and I'm not remembering just send me back to your ISO.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:54 am
S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:49 am First, this rethinking of his thoughts makes Jack look better to me. It would be an easy coast for him to blow it off as, "I've never been wrong before :shrug: " as a baddie, rethinking himself seems more a civ thing than a bad.

Second @Turnip Head in the last game I played I was BTS with civvie Nutella. She took suspicion in that game, and I don't recall anger as a reaction, I recall exasperation, which I have seen here. Elaborate plz, tell me what I am missing.
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:39 am Bad Nutella might get "mean" as suggested by someone, but good Nutella gets angry when she's wrongly suspected :shrug2: I don't see that anger here
I thought she did sound angry though. My interpretation of her vote for Jack is that she lashed out in anger.

I just went back and looked at your ISO because I couldn't remember the specifics of why you suspected her to see what I missed but I couldn't find any specifics. Could you elaborate a little more on why you find her suspicious?
lol TH but really, please share some specifics.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I never took that break I was going to take so I'll be afk for about 30 minutes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:54 am

I'm gonna date myself here; I went to High School with Steve Guttenbergs younger sister, and he is just the nicest man. Made some horrible movies, but such a nice guy.

And yeah, TH, while I don't have reason at this point to doubt your sincerity of belief, I need more than a picture of ultra nice Steve Guttenberg to override my own gut.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

In looking through speedchucks ISO there really isn't much there. When he discussed the jack nutella dynamic he just says it was interesting which is a way to kind of seem involved and respond to what's going on without really putting in his own perspective or response to it. He hasn't really seemed like he's trying to figure things out or anything.

I guess I'm not surprised jack is kind of changing what he said before about nutella. It seems as though he is trying to see how people react to his accusations and I know he can be tricky like that. I don't see it as a bad look for jack right now. I don't know if it necessarily changes my feeling on nutella but I'm curious to see what her response is to that.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Meh
Vote Dizzy
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Let's do some power analysis
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 am In looking through speedchucks ISO there really isn't much there. When he discussed the jack nutella dynamic he just says it was interesting which is a way to kind of seem involved and respond to what's going on without really putting in his own perspective or response to it. He hasn't really seemed like he's trying to figure things out or anything.

I guess I'm not surprised jack is kind of changing what he said before about nutella. It seems as though he is trying to see how people react to his accusations and I know he can be tricky like that. I don't see it as a bad look for jack right now. I don't know if it necessarily changes my feeling on nutella but I'm curious to see what her response is to that.
Can you elaborate on your feelings on Nutella?

I saw you basically be like "Jack is good at reading Nutella" but I didn't see much in the way of what you independently think about her, given the posts I'm missing.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 am Meh
Vote Dizzy
Wait, what? TSP please share what you are seeing here.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:21 pm I’m going to spend some time on not Nutella but I’ll get back to ya’ll on some previous examples of bullshit pedantic defenses from wolfNutella in previous games.
Did this ever happen? Please make this happen.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:52 am
Vote Dizzy
Tony is scared of me. =(
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:31 pm Don’t we have 24 hours? It’s Wednesday.
:omg: you are right. see you later.
You may post any case and @ me with it please
40 % a derp?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

By the by, Dom adding to my wagon is pretty bad. Like it was a shit wagon. There were absolutely scum on it.

If I ignore my Nutella read and attempt to read the wagon of Jay, Sprityo, Dom, SVS, Epi and have to pick one player out of that list that reacted scummy to the wagon, it's Dom. Then it's SVS but the only other thing suspicious about SVS is her handwaving Nutella suspicion, which only makes sense from a town or a partner with Nutella wagon. That is, I'm not going to pursue SVS based on her vote, just that I don't like it and it was the weakest, most out of character reason to vote for a large townie wagon compared to Jay, Sprityo and Epi's votes, which were fine and basically NAI.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:11 am Registering a vote for nutella, as I understand that case more than the one against radishes
What do you understand the case on Nutella to be?
What is your view of the Radish case/how does it (not) make sense to you?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Civilians

The Monitor - You cannot be nightkilled by regular means. By the end of Day 1, you will choose two players to be Harbinger and Pariah. They will know who you are.

If Harbinger is alive, and has not been found by the Anti-Monitor at the start of Day 6, she will choose one player to resurrect.

Pariah’s ghost does not expire.

This is iffy and scary. Would not want this role. Not sure what to do with it.

Awards Presenter - Each night, you will hand out an Award that the recipient can use to add or subtract a lynch vote from a player.

easy

Seamus Fitzroy - Each night you will choose a player to have BTSC with during the next Day phase.

easy

Jack of all Trades - You begin the game with four one-shot powers: doctor, vigilante, tracker, and roleblocker.

Vig night 1

Santa - Each night, you will choose an Item and a player to give it to.

I'm thinking T-Spheres

Oracle - If you get nightkilled, you can reveal a player’s role publically.

Try to die: should be posting high today

Salvadore - You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target.

save it til end game

Vanilla role - You are vanilla until a player tries to use an ability on you. The ability will appear to be blocked, and you will absorb it for a single use. If multiple abilities are used on you during a night, you will absorb the last one used, and the rest will affect you normally.

Agatha Heterodyne - You can make one Dingbot per night, and use its ability immediately, or save it for later. This action increases your Madness Meter by 1. If you don’t make a Dingbot, your Madness Meter decreases by 2. You start each Day phase with votes equal to your Madness Meter.

Each Dingbot will be able to use one ability before being destroyed. You must make all types of Dingbots once before making them again. You can use up to three Dingbots per night.

- Tracker Dingbot: Will track a player and learn who they targeted in the night.
- Watcher Dingbot: Will watch a player and learn who targeted them in the night.
- Fighter Dingbot: Will protect you from one nightkill.

make a watcher dingbot

Abed Nadir - Each night, you can target a player to fix any cursed items they have. You will learn the item, and once in the game, you can then steal the item.

So, I think players are allowed to claim having an item. This makes this helpful.

King Dedede - If the final vote tally is tied when the Day phase ends, you will decide which player, within the tie, is lynched.

Aja - Each night, you will choose a player to jailkeep, blocking and protecting them.

Play who's gonna die wifom -- you also have a higher chance of blocking a kinda nice role if you do so

Harriet - Each night, you will choose two players to bodyguard. If one of the players you guard is targeted with a nightkill, the kill will be redirected to you, and the targeter will receive an extra three votes in the next lynch. If one of the players you guard is targeted negatively, but non-lethally, the targeter will receive an extra two votes in the next lynch.

use it this is super powerful

Bill Rawls - Each night, you will give a Civ role an order on how to use their power. If they comply, you will know the result, if any.

target Seamus to self or Santa to self or Jack of all trades if you're gonna get vigged but I think Jack of all trades doesn't comply

Lassie - Each night, you will sniff out a player to discover their alignment. If a player posts “[playername] fell down the well!” then Lassie will protect that player from kills that night. The last post of that nature will be the one that takes effect. A player may not use their own name.

cop
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:55 am
Vote Dizzy
Tony is scared of me. =(
that's right
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Vote Dizzy
I gotta feeling
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:38 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:55 pm @speedchuck do you have any developed thoughts on jack and/or nutella? What about anyone else in the game?
I think the Jack/Nutella thing was interesting, primarily because of reactions to it. Tedxtr's reaction was notable, like he was incredibly pro-nutella and focused on nutella. Dunno if that's changed.

@tedxtr do you know nutella prior to this?
What is this post

Is it blank? I feel like I'm looking at a blank post here

:keys:
This is kind of weird tbh. "Is this a blank post" and then she proceeds to answer the question in another post. Obviously it's not blank. The Nut/Ted connection is maybe something to remember if one of them ever flips scum. I feel some awkward energy there.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:00 pmI gotta feeling
Lame. I have lots of content and posts. You've played with me before. Surely you can articulate more than that?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:58 am Hee ho how mad ya’ll gonna be if I decide I townread Nutella?
It would make much more sense.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nut 3p confirmed.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:57 am By the by, Dom adding to my wagon is pretty bad. Like it was a shit wagon. There were absolutely scum on it.

If I ignore my Nutella read and attempt to read the wagon of Jay, Sprityo, Dom, SVS, Epi and have to pick one player out of that list that reacted scummy to the wagon, it's Dom. Then it's SVS but the only other thing suspicious about SVS is her handwaving Nutella suspicion, which only makes sense from a town or a partner with Nutella wagon. That is, I'm not going to pursue SVS based on her vote, just that I don't like it and it was the weakest, most out of character reason to vote for a large townie wagon compared to Jay, Sprityo and Epi's votes, which were fine and basically NAI.
Jack, I'm not understanding what you're saying. You talk about the wagon of Jay, Sprit, Dom, SVS, Epi - but they voted for different people. And it doesn't look like you're looking at everyone on the large wagons. When you say "...of that list that reacted scummy to the wagon" what wagon are you talking about?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:00 pm
Vote Dizzy
I gotta feeling
I understand but I don't know what's behind your feeling. and would like to know.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:00 amGood morning (or afternoon) Dizzy. Would you share your thoughts on speed? If you already did so and I'm not remembering just send me back to your ISO.
Good afternoon in my case. I have no thoughts on Speed at all.
I still probably don't trust Radish. He seems more genuine and unguarded now, but that was after I pointed out my specific gripe with him which he understood very well. But also I feel kind of bad voting there, cause I like him and he hasn't played here a lot and he's putting forth a lot of effort. Honestly I keep thinking "but I like them" every time I think about who I want lynched, so I may just not take this game so seriously tbh.
Regarding Nut I somehow have more clarity (though not a confident read). Since it's not longer Jack and Mac being "she scum for meta" and then Juliets and S-V-S being "she's town for meta". Based on what I've read, the meta points more to her being town, especially now that Jack is more unsure. I'm not very interested in lynching her.

I wonder if it could really be as easy as Nanook and Radish. Nanook choosing Nut over Radish for meh reasoning stuck out to me. And Nanook reacting big to the whole "baddie" usage discussion. It seems almost too obvious, but sometimes players react obvious.

In other words, I really need people to die to get something to work with.

I also could easily lynch G-man or someone else with low content that doesn't otherwise strike me as towny. Only think I remember from G-man is his weird over explanation of why he chose the vanilla flavor.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:36 pm
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:18 pm
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 pm Optimism would suggest that 1,200 posts by the halfway point of Day 1 means that we’ve stumbled upon some groundbreaking, decisive conclusions.

But I’m a realist.

Can anyone point me to the post on or about where the MR & nutella trains became the most compelling things going? If so, I promise to skim through tomorrow at lunch to see if I’m on board with either one.
I can point ya In the direction of a pretty nifty case agaisnt nanook. :srsnod:
Orly? If it’s so nifty, then why doesn’t he have any votes?
:shrug:

Nobody's taking me seriously or are to busy with this Jack/Nutella thing
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]S~V~S[/mention] I think I asked you why you asked Radish about the word "baddie" when you didn't think it was a slip or anything AI? Were you just curious in general or something?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Radish] aubergine

:shrug:

But I like him.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So Jack backing down on Nutella is meh for a few reasons.

1. He was so confident and into it, to suddenly 180 just doesn't look good for either of them.
2. *Adjusts tin foil hat* What's the chance they're on the same team? Didn't expect this to happen and it blew out of proportion or vice verse Jack is just mafia and did this without expecting results. However, he knew if Nutella was flipped partly due to his push he'd be next.
3. I don't think the progression of "I can read Nutella" to I want to give her more time, but still isn't sure seems very genuine.
4. Nutella's reaction to Jack and her tone were both two things I really didn't like, that doesn't change with Jack pulling his suspicion of her.

I also feel like if we all move off Nutella, what's to stop this from being Jack vs Nutella on Day 2 or 3 when he does the same thing? The door is definitely still open.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Though jack's flipflop also makes me kind off want to vote there.
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 am - Says he doesn't see any ATE in Nutella's posts. I interpreted this as him not seeing any emotion in Nutella's posts which I disagree with. I see a lot of emotion.
Nah, I'm talking about APPEAL to emotion. The idea of 'OMG how could you do this please lynch this person and not me because I'll feel just so awful if you lynch me uwu'

I hate appeal to emotion and it's lost several games to scum on this site.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:11 pmNobody's taking me seriously or are to busy with this Jack/Nutella thing
Sig, who is Nanook's teammate? Do you think Radish/Nanook is too obvious? Refering to Nanook's big reaction to your questioning into the baddie thing. Also Nanook's vote on Nut above Radish not long ago.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay gang, so what if we take a step back?

We have two major wagons going, with most of the players on them which isn't really something I personally like this early in the game.

Who outside of Jack, Nutella, and Radish looks the worst/could be a baddie?

I'm obviously gonna say we should go with Nanook. :shrug:

But, I'm open to other ideas.
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pmNah, I'm talking about APPEAL to emotion. The idea of 'OMG how could you do this please lynch this person and not me because I'll feel just so awful if you lynch me uwu'

I'll feel awful if you don't read me town, Speed. =(

But like. Are you caught up and stuff? Who are your main suspicions? I miss the days when you posted all the time.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:09 pmI understand but I don't know what's behind your feeling. and would like to know.
Do you have a read on me, Juliets?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Players who knows Sabie much better than I, please talk about Sabie.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by speedchuck »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:43 am
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:38 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:55 pm @speedchuck do you have any developed thoughts on jack and/or nutella? What about anyone else in the game?
I think the Jack/Nutella thing was interesting, primarily because of reactions to it. Tedxtr's reaction was notable, like he was incredibly pro-nutella and focused on nutella. Dunno if that's changed.

@tedxtr do you know nutella prior to this?
What is this post

Is it blank? I feel like I'm looking at a blank post here

:keys:
Oh i must’ve missed this but thanks for pointing it out

No I don’t, why’s that relevant? My point was the AtE from her felt forced and it tempers with my handling of the slot.

speedchuck
I've played a game before where scum were nervous due to a combination of being sorta new to the site and players. They compensated by interacting with people they knew more than anyone else. Something you aren't doing. Good on you!

I still don't see any AtE and that makes your defense awkward to me, but whatever mate.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:21 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pmNah, I'm talking about APPEAL to emotion. The idea of 'OMG how could you do this please lynch this person and not me because I'll feel just so awful if you lynch me uwu'

I'll feel awful if you don't read me town, Speed. =(

But like. Are you caught up and stuff? Who are your main suspicions? I miss the days when you posted all the time.
Aww. I wouldn't want you to feel awful! Dizzy

Heck no I'm not caught up. I've read like 3 pages and skimmed another 5. I accidentally got myself into temporarily working 2 jobs a couple weeks ago and between that and my infant, life is a storm right now. People can suspect me though, that's fine. I miss the days when I posted all the time, too. It was easier to spearhead an accusation instead of bandwagoning on someone, which I'll probably have to do today.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:11 pmNobody's taking me seriously or are to busy with this Jack/Nutella thing
Sig, who is Nanook's teammate? Do you think Radish/Nanook is too obvious? Refering to Nanook's big reaction to your questioning into the baddie thing. Also Nanook's vote on Nut above Radish not long ago.
I think Nanook/Radish is highly possible, but not a given.

His reaction to the not real slip did add more fuel to my Nanook fire, the vote could go either way. I think there are legitimate reasons to vote for either wagon right now so that may be moot. I'd need one to flip before I'd want to argue vote spread.

However, My read of Nanook is independent of Radish
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 pm Players who knows Sabie much better than I, please talk about Sabie.
I've got some experience with her, but not alot.

She generally starts slow and doesn't post much but doesn't post fluff when around. Right now she seems to be within her normal civ meta.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:09 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:00 amGood morning (or afternoon) Dizzy. Would you share your thoughts on speed? If you already did so and I'm not remembering just send me back to your ISO.
Good afternoon in my case. I have no thoughts on Speed at all.
I still probably don't trust Radish. He seems more genuine and unguarded now, but that was after I pointed out my specific gripe with him which he understood very well. But also I feel kind of bad voting there, cause I like him and he hasn't played here a lot and he's putting forth a lot of effort. Honestly I keep thinking "but I like them" every time I think about who I want lynched, so I may just not take this game so seriously tbh.
Regarding Nut I somehow have more clarity (though not a confident read). Since it's not longer Jack and Mac being "she scum for meta" and then Juliets and S-V-S being "she's town for meta". Based on what I've read, the meta points more to her being town, especially now that Jack is more unsure. I'm not very interested in lynching her.

I wonder if it could really be as easy as Nanook and Radish. Nanook choosing Nut over Radish for meh reasoning stuck out to me. And Nanook reacting big to the whole "baddie" usage discussion. It seems almost too obvious, but sometimes players react obvious.

In other words, I really need people to die to get something to work with.

I also could easily lynch G-man or someone else with low content that doesn't otherwise strike me as towny. Only think I remember from G-man is his weird over explanation of why he chose the vanilla flavor.
Ok, I'm onboard with your thinking because much of it is similar to mine. I am actively looking for someone to vote and speedchuck is a possibility but I need to look at some others who have low content like he does. sabie has low content but I know it takes her awhile to get going in a game and then if she's civ she's helpful so I don't want to vote for her at this point. Also your point about Nanook reminds me that it's time to take another look at him. I'm not used to his game and I'm trying not to be influenced by his sarcastic manner. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

Whoa lots of linki, I'll read after I post.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dom wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:30 am I am also liking sig this game... which makes me terrified bc I never do :p
:blush:

I'm liking you to Dom. ;)
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 am - Says he doesn't see any ATE in Nutella's posts. I interpreted this as him not seeing any emotion in Nutella's posts which I disagree with. I see a lot of emotion.
Nah, I'm talking about APPEAL to emotion. The idea of 'OMG how could you do this please lynch this person and not me because I'll feel just so awful if you lynch me uwu'

Ok speed thanks for the clarification.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:25 pmHeck no I'm not caught up. I've read like 3 pages and skimmed another 5. I accidentally got myself into temporarily working 2 jobs a couple weeks ago and between that and my infant, life is a storm right now. People can suspect me though, that's fine. I miss the days when I posted all the time, too. It was easier to spearhead an accusation instead of bandwagoning on someone, which I'll probably have to do today.
Oh no, you have a life. Rip
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:16 pm @S~V~S I think I asked you why you asked Radish about the word "baddie" when you didn't think it was a slip or anything AI? Were you just curious in general or something?
I was curious about where he had played, and who he played with, since I had never run into another community that used the word baddie, and I posted that remark at the tail end of a conversation where someone (Jay? Sloonei?) had been questioning Radishes about his experience.

Right after I posted it, Nanook pushed back at it, and it felt like he was implying stupidity, so I left the thread for a bit. When I came back, I saw sig running with it and then Sloonei telling him to back off, so I posted basically the above, that I was not trying to imply it was a slip. Which I was not.

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]

In that post where you talk about my vote, are you talking about my Radishes vote? I made a few posts well before I voted him discussing why I suspected him, so not sure what you are on about?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729

Post by Sloonei »

I’m still sick and my head still hurts, so I probably won’t have a ton to say today again. This sucks.

I have an actual case against Radishes. I’ll post it if I find the energy. I have some things to say about speedchuck too. Saying those things requires less energy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 pm Players who knows Sabie much better than I, please talk about Sabie.
I think I can’t articulately read Sabie when she’s town but I develop a feeling pretty early on when she’s Scum. No such feeling has yet developed. It’s a good sign.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”