Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:34 pm Looking at Colin:
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:08 pm I’m sorry I didn’t do anything, I misread and thought the phase ended today. About 1/3 of the way through the thread
Starting right here, one of the points that's been drilled into my head is that scum Colin cares about not letting down his teammates. Town Colin is free to drift more casually into the game. A post like this one strikes me as being much more likely to come from town Colin than scum Colin.
This is not to say that town Colin doesn't care, just that a town player is under less immediately pressure to make an impact.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:13 pm Although before I caught up I misinterpreted nutella as scum and read the thread as such, so some of my thoughts are useless.

I feel best about sig, his NANOOK suspicion and case felt really genuine. I also really like just about everything I’ve seen from ted. I like Jay so far, and Epi.

The Michelle post I quoted earlier bugged me out, I’m not sure what it meant/if it makes any sense. I agree with Epi’s concerne toward juliets.

Radishes isn’t giving me the same exact vibe as he did when I sniffed him out as 3P in Inception, but it’s similar ...
Other people have called Colin out for this post. I would also like to know more about what he saw/thought he saw in the particular Michelle post. I'm not claiming to understand this post completely, but it is the type of town-colin post I've misidentified in the past. He's plopping a few reads down without much detail or force and then bouncing off. In the past I've read that as a player who is trying to keep away from the spotlight. Instead I think it's a player who's participating in the capacity that he's able to without being bothered by how that will be received.
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 pm Remember folks:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
This post has also got him some flak, but I again read it as a sing of town colin. He's literally quoting himself from a past game in which he was town, for one. I don't think scum colin is going to go for this sort of emotional/historical manipulation.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:14 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 pm @Sloonei you mentioned you had mislynched Colin in the past for similar behavior (I think that's what you said). Can you expound on that at all?
I don't know if I said "similar behavior", but what I've mislynched colin for in the past is his tendency to hang back and provide reads at his own pace. It's easy to misread that as a tentative, behind-the-action scum player, when in reality it's just been a behind-the-action civilian trying not to overstate his thoughts.

I have not looked closely at his posts in this game so I can't give you a detailed interpretation of what he looks like here. But that's my general warning against lynching Colin.
Thank you Sloonei that is helpful. I'll take another look at him and try to guard against reading him on a tendency to hang back and provide reads at his own pace.
juliets, I’ve been playing games with you since I signed up here, including recently. Why do you need Sloonei to tell you how I play? :confused:
I like this question and it's consistent with a thread colin's been tugging at re: juliets since early on in the game.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:24 pm See my recent post for why I’m placing a vote on [VOTE: Tony] aubergine for now.
The only thing I see that could indicate why this vote exists is that colin referred to a random number generator? That's not super inspiring. I'd rather see a vote for juliets or michelle, for instance.

I remain inclined to town-read Colin and will defend him. I am fully aware that I have a bias (reverse bias?) to defend him right now because I have been guilty of misreading him in just about every game we've played together in recent memory. But I also need to hear more from Colin to believe fully in this read. @ColinIsCool can you tell us more about Michelle and juliets? Even if you are not currently suspicious of them, it appears that you have been at some point in this game. What prompted that, and how have those reads developed?
So Michelle, I feel like her stance on Radishes/3P was a general idea about Mafia that doesn’t really track whereas my idea was about Radishes in particular. That’s the difference and it’s not enough to really scumread Michelle (townies have inconsistent logic every game). I don’t scumread her at the moment.

juliets, I just find myself asking questions of her play, which is a lot of asking questions. Sometimes (like in the exchange I quoted) it looks like she’s looking for someone to tell her how to feel so that she can take cover under the thoughts of others, but now I’m getting kinda tinfoilly. I would lean scum I think all the same.

Re: Tony, see the post Dizzy made that I quoted.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by ColinIsCool »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:46 pm Also excuse me but vote analysis can still be done. For example, people voting nutella over radishes are slightly higher chance to be scum.
Only if Radishes is scum, though, right? Or am I missing something
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:53 pm It doesn’t work that way! Interest can be gestured at and pinpointed, disinterest cannot. Disinterest is an overarching lack of interest, it isn’t an active thing in and of itself.

It’s like saying “god isn’t real because he didn’t respond to prayers X Y and Z,” but then you can just say “well he did fulfill prayers A B and C.” You can’t prove the lack of something, you can’t point to one specific thing that indicates it, you can only say “I can’t point to anything that makes me believe in God’s existence/Colin being interested in finding scum, thus I do not believe in God/Colin being interested in finding scum.”

So if I had to point at a post, I’d point at all of them and say nothing makes me believe that Colin is engaged in this game in a townie way.
Disinterest absolutely can be expressed and recognized on its own terms!

“I’m not really engaged with this game right now.”

Why are we going down this semantic rabbit hole, though?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hence “slightly higher” rather than “a mortal lock.”
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:29 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:16 pm To elucidate the difference, I recall Colin being like a dog with a bone in the game I saw him as town (I think the wire, not 100% sure), whereas this game he’s a bit more drifty. I don’t recall him being much more active than in this game. That seems like enough of a difference to me to run with 🤷‍♀️
I think you’re mixing me up with someone else. I barely had a chance to play The Wire — I believe I got mislynched. :grin:
Think it was the wire? Idk. I remember you being on me like a mofo from pretty early and being annoyingly stuck to it 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:24 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:36 am
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:31 am
This is yucky!
Why?
“Me? Why be concerned with silly old me? I just don’t have the constitution to be bad”
He is quoting himself from a previous game in which he was town.
I don't care?
It's a pretty bad post.

Additionally, he was my theory that I mentioned earlier. He's failed his test miserably.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:38 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:32 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:45 pm I like Dom more. I think Dom has taken on an incisive, fierce tone that feels both authentic and generally civilian in character.
I’d like you to differentiate between what I was doing and what I’m doing now.
Whaddya mean? What you were doing when?
....what changed, Jay? Why change your read on me? Can you cite something that made the difference? I don't see it, and I don't think you do either.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:16 pm To elucidate the difference, I recall Colin being like a dog with a bone in the game I saw him as town (I think the wire, not 100% sure), whereas this game he’s a bit more drifty. I don’t recall him being much more active than in this game. That seems like enough of a difference to me to run with 🤷‍♀️
So NANOOK, prior I didn’t see any other mention of colin or a suspicion until this post. This was after you had said colin was a baddie.

And there is truly no other player you have a better or any reason to suspect at the moment? Given your post amount, I’m positive you can do better.

Also where NANOOK and juliets were talking pinged me slightly, not sure why
Nah I think NANOOK has been on me for a while. From my POV he seems more earnest than some others on my tail although I reserve the right to no-u at any moment :charlieblackmon:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:43 pm
This is yucky!
Why?
“Me? Why be concerned with silly old me? I just don’t have the constitution to be bad”
I don't care?
It's a pretty bad post.

Additionally, he was my theory that I mentioned earlier. He's failed his test miserably.
Why don’t you care? This is direct evidence that that post can and does exist alongside a civilian version of ColinIsCool. You can’t just throw a blanket over that and call it bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:45 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:45 pm I like Dom more. I think Dom has taken on an incisive, fierce tone that feels both authentic and generally civilian in character.
....what changed, Jay? Why change your read on me? Can you cite something that made the difference? I don't see it, and I don't think you do either.
I'd previously assessed the Day 1 Jack wagon that had ballooned. I didn't know why your vote was on it; you didn't really indicate that. I care less about that as of 5:48 PM EST on 29-Feb-20 than I do the larger body of posts in your history -- likewise whatever time it was when I said that. :smile:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:18 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:57 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:43 pm Oh, and I really disliked Tony's vote D1. Not just because it was on me, but because it was late in the day on a complete off wagon, not with any convincing or anything, so it's not like he tried to make a lynch happen. Apart from that he's also played with me before, so he should be able to have an actual opinion on me. But the main thing is that it was off wagon and a throw away vote. Sloonei did that as scum (lone vote on me D1) when he was scum the last time I was town. Just saying.
Love this point, that stuff is almost always shady.
This is opposite to the perspective evil Colin expressed on this off-wagon voting theory in Ancient Greece Mafia. :ponder:
Yeah I know it’s shady because it’s what got me fucking rocked there
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:23 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:00 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:41 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 am ebwop, proofread fail : Sloonei: civ, of the big three (Jay, Epi, Sloonei) I feel most confident in his civness. In their case I defeulted to civ not so much becasue I have seen their civ game as I haven't seen their bad. With Sloonei, I think I have seen his civ game as well as not seen his bad game.
Uh am i dumb for seeing a slip here? Why is sloonei in red but you have him green?
Tough crowd! It means I cut and pasted this clip from the original post and used the wrong color to highlight it. Still find Sloonei green.
yeah but how can you red lean someone that you were thinking was civvie tho?
Did you read the post above it? Sloonei was green in that post, I was proofreading it, and I accidentally colored the cut/paste the wrong color, lol. This was an ebwop, edit by way of post since editing isn't allowed. I don't red read him, it was a mistake. Look at the post *right before this one*, the one where I gave reads on everyone. I green read him. This was just to clarify wording, and I used the wrong color is all.

Just leaving work, will bbl.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:00 pm I don't know if I've ever seen a bad turnip.
Go to that link in one of my posts to his posts in Firefly where he was bad. He is radically different to me here than there.
You mean my Yun Qui captain was scum ?!? What the fuck ???
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:47 pm

This is yucky!
Why?
I don't care?
It's a pretty bad post.

Why don’t you care? This is direct evidence that that post can and does exist alongside a civilian version of ColinIsCool. You can’t just throw a blanket over that and call it bad.
*whispers* you can if you don’t actually care what my alignment turns out to be
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Still think Tony is bad tbh. One of you freaks that’s always asking for more ISOs to do, go check him out
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:36 pm
juliets, I just find myself asking questions of her play, which is a lot of asking questions. Sometimes (like in the exchange I quoted) it looks like she’s looking for someone to tell her how to feel so that she can take cover under the thoughts of others, but now I’m getting kinda tinfoilly. I would lean scum I think all the same.

Colin, see Epi's post about me earlier this game. He was complaining because he thought I wasn't asking questions. I ask a lot of questions because that's how I process information. Also, I look at all sides of things and try to weigh all the evidence before I vote for someone and that drives questions. In RL people make fun of me for asking so many, or get annoyed by me at times (mostly bosses who think I don't know my place, lol). I'm not interested in taking cover in the thoughts of others. Have you seen me do that this game? How much easier do you think it would have been for me to just agree with the majority of people about Master Radishes instead of standing up for what I believed? Have you not seen me ask a lot of questions in other games you have played with me?

So, so far I am too nice, I don't ask enough questions, and I ask too many questions, lol.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:56 pm Still think Tony is bad tbh. One of you freaks that’s always asking for more ISOs to do, go check him out
Any beefs beyond the off-wagon vote?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:56 pm Still think Tony is bad tbh. One of you freaks that’s always asking for more ISOs to do, go check him out
Any beefs beyond the off-wagon vote?
His exchange with you. I had the same thought about his reads list, wondering where those names came from.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:42 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:29 pm
I think you’re mixing me up with someone else. I barely had a chance to play The Wire — I believe I got mislynched. :grin:
Think it was the wire? Idk. I remember you being on me like a mofo from pretty early and being annoyingly stuck to it 🤷‍♀️
I just went and looked at this and yeah, you even called him out for it in that game. It happened early on [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention], before you got lynched Day 3.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:57 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:36 pm

Colin, see Epi's post about me earlier this game. He was complaining because he thought I wasn't asking questions. I ask a lot of questions because that's how I process information. Also, I look at all sides of things and try to weigh all the evidence before I vote for someone and that drives questions. In RL people make fun of me for asking so many, or get annoyed by me at times (mostly bosses who think I don't know my place, lol). I'm not interested in taking cover in the thoughts of others. Have you seen me do that this game? How much easier do you think it would have been for me to just agree with the majority of people about Master Radishes instead of standing up for what I believed? Have you not seen me ask a lot of questions in other games you have played with me?

So, so far I am too nice, I don't ask enough questions, and I ask too many questions, lol.
Maybe I’m just still fixating on you asking about me. It felt extremely odd, from my perspective. I do admit that it might not to anybody else.

I don’t remember you talking about Radishes so no comment
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Of the present multi-vote wagons (Colin, Mac, Radish) I think Radish is the best lynch.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[VOTE: colin] aubergine
But a Mac vote is awesome too.

This is yucky!
Why?
I don't care?
It's a pretty bad post.

I think it's pretty.... weak... to quote yourself from a different game where you were civ and saying you're bad at the game.
It's not direct evidence of anything. I can quote myself from another game saying I'm civillian and it means nothing here.

Your dog and pony show is bad and I don't like it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jay ignoring this post is evidence he's afraid of me tbh
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets, re: that post (the tag feature is finnicky on mobile) — I don’t really remember. If I was “more active” it couldn’t have been by much at all, I’ve been pretty low-key in games for a long time now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:05 pm
Jay ignoring this post is evidence he's afraid of me tbh
I just answered it

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:48 pm
I'd previously assessed the Day 1 Jack wagon that had ballooned. I didn't know why your vote was on it; you didn't really indicate that. I care less about that as of 5:48 PM EST on 29-Feb-20 than I do the larger body of posts in your history -- likewise whatever time it was when I said that. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What the hell is my dog and pony show?

I’m arguing against lynching Colin because I’ve been down this road myself too many times in the past. This is a “don’t make the same mistakes that I did, kids” plea. If I’m wrong then shit, oh well. Kudos for catching him. But I don’t have faith in the case against him this far.

at dom
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 pm Of the present multi-vote wagons (Colin, Mac, Radish) I think Radish is the best lynch.
I am inclined to agree with this. Tonally I do feel like Radishes is playing a similar game to Inception. Also, question for him or for the thread, but when he ISO’d a bunch of people nobody else was talking about, why did he pick those people? Was it prompted?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I think I said way earlier I would take a look at Tony and Colin has inspired me to do it now. I have to be away from the thread though for a bit so I won't post my thoughts for a while.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 pm Of the present multi-vote wagons (Colin, Mac, Radish) I think Radish is the best lynch.
I am inclined to agree with this. Tonally I do feel like Radishes is playing a similar game to Inception. Also, question for him or for the thread, but when he ISO’d a bunch of people nobody else was talking about, why did he pick those people? Was it prompted?
We voted for him on Day 1.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:05 pm juliets, re: that post (the tag feature is finnicky on mobile) — I don’t really remember. If I was “more active” it couldn’t have been by much at all, I’ve been pretty low-key in games for a long time now.
All I can attest to is Nanook perceived you were on him like a dog with a bone. I'm not saying that's evidence that your game there was different than here, to me it just says Nanook's feeling here is genuine, whether it's true or not. I hope that makes sense.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:04 pm [VOTE: colin] aubergine
But a Mac vote is awesome too.

This is yucky!
Why?
I don't care?
It's a pretty bad post.

I think it's pretty.... weak... to quote yourself from a different game where you were civ and saying you're bad at the game.
It's not direct evidence of anything. I can quote myself from another game saying I'm civillian and it means nothing here.

Your dog and pony show is bad and I don't like it.
I could probably go for a Mac vote too tbh
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:48 pm
I missed this when reading. My apologies.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:07 pm What the hell is my dog and pony show?

I’m arguing against lynching Colin because I’ve been down this road myself too many times in the past. This is a “don’t make the same mistakes that I did, kids” plea. If I’m wrong then shit, oh well. Kudos for catching him. But I don’t have faith in the case against him this far.

at dom
You are presenting him self quoting from a different game as grand evidence of him being civvie. Literally anyone could do this. It's not evidence of anything.

You, like a teacher hoping to impress their administrator with a lesson play they'd never employ were it not for the observation in the first place, are reading as hollow, meaningless, and half hearted.

Try again.

My read on Colin isn’t about activity level it’s about engagement when active.

Engagement isn’t the right word exactly but I’m posting quickly before my wife starts yelling at me so close enough 👍
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 am There are some things about @MacDougall that I could read as scum but I really need to see more behavior. I really don't want to say any more about it until I do see more. It's odd to me that he hasn't yet come into the thread after the early lynch but it's not unheard of for Mac to miss a day. He did say early on in the thread that he's a very busy guy.

One thing I'd like to know from Mac is why there was the turn around on Jack. On one day he is saying Jack is lying and nutella should be our leader and then this:
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:16 am Jack is exhibiting his "I am scum" tell. I bet he keeps doing it too.
and then his very next post about the subject comes the next day when he says:
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm Btw Jack is always right about Nutella. It's canon. So either he's town and she's wolf or he's wolf and she's wolf, or he's wolf and she's town. But one of them is always a wolf so we should lynch Nutella.
and then he was off and running with his badgering of nutella regarding her comment in another game that Jack always reads her correctly.

Mac, can you explain your turnaround from thinking Jack was scummy with his nutella suspicion to thinking Jack had hit the nail on the head with respect to her? What happened in between that changed your mind?

I apologize if someone already asked this and I don't remember.
The turnaround is in how other people’s votes fell. :keys:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I could lynch Mac for the crime of being irrelevant.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] tell me about Mac

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Colin is bad because he never really caught up but is posting like he did.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Mac is avoiding relevance on purpose, too. It's shady.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:05 pm juliets, re: that post (the tag feature is finnicky on mobile) — I don’t really remember. If I was “more active” it couldn’t have been by much at all, I’ve been pretty low-key in games for a long time now.
All I can attest to is Nanook perceived you were on him like a dog with a bone. I'm not saying that's evidence that your game there was different than here, to me it just says Nanook's feeling here is genuine, whether it's true or not. I hope that makes sense.
Yeah I get you.

FWIW of those voting for me, NANOOK’s beef feels most earnest. Turbup and Dom less so.

Although I will concede that Dom is right that me quoting myself is not evidence of anything, and I didn’t post it as such.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Master Radishes »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:05 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:58 pmAfter spending some time on jack & nutella’s little ditty, his vote on me comes a bit out of nowhere. He shaded me earlier, so there’s that, but he arrives back in the thread to hop on my wagon after it’s already grown in a little spurt. Very opportunistic moment, basically. Only explains it later, and for reasoning I find poor. Like, making a deal out of the ‘4th vote = scum’ thing? Come on. It reads like he scanned the thread for a few things to say that others already have about me.
At least twice now you've referenced my suspicion of you only in terms of the least important point (the "4th voter") thing. In so doing, you have left the substantive digs hanging -- your handling of me and your handling of Sloonei. I am reminded of the dummy scroll moment from Romance of the Three Kingdoms that helped me to catch BadMac.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:58 pmBut then back to more one-line soft reads. The most egregious one I find to be this, which is just…weak. It’s meant to be jokey, but in the context of Jay’s larger play this game strikes me wrongly. Then, despite all his one-off reads here and there, he lands back on me as a vote.
"The most egregious one-line soft read" you've referenced here is not a read at all. I asked Jack a question. What?
A - I was pointing out the most egregious (word of the day, apparently) example from your justification. The rest sounds like a summary of the work others did for you.

B - poor wording re: calling it a 'read', but you know what I mean obviously.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:07 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:59 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:19 pm As ever, my lack of meta knowledge could factor in here – is TH playing his normal town game? Because what I see is someone trying to affect the ‘quiet but paying attention’ card and refusing to give much away to avoid getting involved in discussions.

Definite scum lean.
In recent memory Turnip Head has rarely been one to play the game loudly -- quiet but attentive is an apt description of him. I'd say he is on-meta. How does this impact your read?
Quiet is one thing. Is it on meta to give no reasoning behind his thoughts?
Yes. Absolutely. Same question
Eh, my read doesn't really change. Scummy play is scummy play. But when it came to voting I would bow to others who know him better saying 'that's just his meta' for now. In Inception I heavily scumread Juliets but allowed myself to be convinced it was just her meta, and that turned out well. (Of course, people said the same about Eva and I got the last laugh there, so...)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 pm I could lynch Mac for the crime of being irrelevant.
I'll expand. His involvement in this game has been significant in one arena to my memory -- the Jacktella combat. And his part in that combat was to parrot Jack (both against nutella and in favor of nutella) such that he had no personal accountability for nutella's eventual flip. He left all of it on Jack's lap.

Otherwise, irrelevance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:16 pmThe rest sounds like a summary of the work others did for you.
Who?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:14 pm Colin is bad because he never really caught up but is posting like he did.
Dom is bad because he got a bad rolecard. See, I can do this too!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 pm Sloonei tell me about Mac
Idk. Mac is my biggest blindspot. All I remember from him in this game is that he supported jack’s read against nutella. I’d like to see more from him, but I don’t think lack of activity is alignment indicative for him.

I don’t think he’s called me scum yet, and that’s noteworthy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:19 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:14 pm Colin is bad because he never really caught up but is posting like he did.
Whatever you may think of it, what Dom said there is a concrete accusation. Your mockery is not.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 pm I could lynch Mac for the crime of being irrelevant.
I'll expand. His involvement in this game has been significant in one arena to my memory -- the Jacktella combat. And his part in that combat was to parrot Jack (both against nutella and in favor of nutella) such that he had no personal accountability for nutella's eventual flip. He left all of it on Jack's lap.

Otherwise, irrelevance.
Hey that’s the thing I said too.

Jay town
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:20 pmI’d like to see more from him, but I don’t think lack of activity is alignment indicative for him.
Generally agreed. I prefer to assess his content for what it is regardless of quantity. I don't think he has used his limited time to make any sort of mark.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:22 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:19 pm
Whatever you may think of it, what Dom said there is a concrete accusation. Your mockery is not.
It’s an accusation without any merit or evidence, as is mine. I’ll respond to specific questions or accusations based on things I’ve posted but if people are just going to say “you’re bad cause you are” then, God, please, lynch me today.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Master Radishes »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:10 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:58 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:56 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:54 pm Actually, the fact I'm surprised Jay has so many posts is concerning, considering I don't remember him leading us anywhere, only hopping on the Radishes wagon after everyone else already did.
What do you remember from any player in this game thread that you haven't just ISO'd? I haven't read everything yet, but I dunno what you think of anyone.
Then you're not actually reading my posts, just voting for me. Interesting.
I'll restate a concrete gripe: after engaging in a good amount of direct conversation with Sloonei on Day 1, you provided a read on him:

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:17 pm To save a post, I'll complete my ISO of Sloonei here:

Basically gonna cop out and say: :shrug: I think I need meta and/or just to wait for later rounds to read him properly. Over half his posts are questions to other players, most of which aren't then followed up. (Already discussed above - not a fan of it.)

But then there are moments where he's clearly not afraid to prod others, e.g. with ted early on ('like he was trying to shove me away'), or sig shortly after that (what 'antsy' means). He's equally not interested in letting bad lines of inquiry play out (Nanook's 'satire' post; Radishes' use of 'baddie') which he suggests shutting down in both cited cases. He also banters when he sees an opportunity ('Mac's big D' etc) which shows he's loose, even as the game began to turn more serious.

But, as ever, caveats and all that. This isn't un-fakeable by any means.

So Sloonei remains pretty null for me until I see more. I'm not TRing him, but at the moment not inclined to vote here.

This all looks like filler. I see various reasons why you might view Sloonei as a civilian and no reasons why you might view him as a mafioso save for the vague "caveat" and "un-fakeable" stuff. It's meaningless. You talk with him often, you ISO him, you say all this about him, and the payoff is "null".

This isn't my only concern with you, but it's a good summary of why I suspect you. This kind of thing is apparent throughout your content.
I'm not allowed to be uncertain how to read another player? On D1?

Sloonei's style I find to be closed off. I don't have a good handle on what to make of him. So sue me.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”