Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 60

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by Tranq »

I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by tedxtr »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:32 am
'His posts stuck out...' - yeah, for you reading in retrospect, sure. If they were that obvious, why didn't he get lynched right away?

And also, context is necessary. Inception was a game Mac had invited a lot of his new Champs friends to, and he presumably had more time to play. I'm not at all surprised he's playing differently here regardless of alignment.

How is this even relevant for anything? I didn't even play Inception, what matters how other people in the game perceived him compared to how I perceived him from an objective stance? what?

Also, you hinting towards activity levels changing a person's playstyle to be either more scummy or townie is a horrible point. Also also, if it's "presumably", then "context is necessary" isn't necessary.

It's about people's posts not how much they post, who even mentioned I was scum leaning him based on his activity?

You moved the goalposts from me saying "his posts were clearly making him scum" to "well because he was active you scum read him" which i've never even hinted towards

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hi I’d like to introduce you to a concept known as the fake derp clear, have you been introduced before or is this your first time?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Thoughts about [mention]Sloonei[/mention] - Question is why am I not reading him as town by now.

- Sloonei planted the first seed about Radish being bad - on Day 0. He says that though Radish is new he is being opportunistic (Radish was trying to sort S~V~S and put her in a pink pile) and he doesn't see him being much of an assertive presence. He further clarified saying this was Radishes only read and it was not inspiring. There was nothing in Radish's ISO that would be impossible for an evil Radish to say.

Sloonei, I know we've discussed this sequence in terms of my clarification but what I was left with was an uneasy feeling that you had picked someone brand new and were calling him opportunistic, not assertive and then you threw the "evil" word in there which felt subtly manipulative. This was the first push I see from you about someone and it's someone new on Day 0.

- Ok, I am in your sick days and I think I tended to forget you were sick and was looking for more content. I'm used to you generating a lot of content, but I understand that's not a fair expectation while you're sick. So this "feeling" isn't really legitimate. Also I think the content you were generating I was disagreeing with (about Radish) so that probably shaded things a little more.

- Here's a quote from after your fever lifted "Radishes remains suspect #1. I’m starting to agree with the G-man suspicion as well. Other than that I feel like I still have a lot of things left to figure out." Some of us take a long time to figure out how we feel about people but you are not historically one of those from my memory. So this struck me as wanting to avoid taking a stand on anyone but Radish. On re-read I can see it could just be because your attention was hazy ("big posts hurt my head") for a couple of days.

- Here's another quote: "i've been pretty singularly focused on radishes as a suspect. I want to break out of that this phase." This gets to the heart of what I was feeling about your play. You developed a good (meaning well developed) read of Radishes but then there were no other well developed reads from you. This is different from your town norm in my experience.

So Sloonei this is as close as I can get to why I wasn't feeling a town read on you. On re-read I can see that if Radishes gets lynched and flips scum then you made an inspired catch on Day 0 and should be commended (though that wouldn't make you town unfortunately). Also I'm open to considering that the 72 hours you were sick affected your game play to the point that it created doubts in my mind that you are town. Hopefully from here I will see the town Sloonei I am used to seeing. I'll try to point out anything else that makes me feel squirrelly about you when it happens, if it happens.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by ColinIsCool »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:32 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 pm Of the present multi-vote wagons (Colin, Mac, Radish) I think Radish is the best lynch.
I am inclined to agree with this. Tonally I do feel like Radishes is playing a similar game to Inception. Also, question for him or for the thread, but when he ISO’d a bunch of people nobody else was talking about, why did he pick those people? Was it prompted?
They were the wagon voters on me last round, ergo potential scum slots.

If I sound similar to Inception, are you saying I'm 3P again?
Not necessarily 3P but something about you seems guarded/artificial ... no offense :D
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:44 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 pm Yeah okay. Enjoy your Mac free paradise Dom. Typical shit.
What the fuck is this?
You know exactly what this is.
No seriously, what is this? Is angry!Mac a thing? Never seen it before.
It is definitely a thing
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:10 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:05 am Cause town has perverse incentive to cooperate with scum that have good SRs on the opposite team, so you see mac as doing that and think it’s a townie mindset

Would be my guess anyways
I really really really really dislike his flip flop on how he read me and Nutella. He declared me a wolf and Nutella one we should follow after the two of us started battling. Then like 12 hours later, I was town and Nutella was scum because I read her perfectly.

His argument for Nutella being scum exists in its entirety at the time he expressed a strong townread on her. His read change does not come from a town perspective. It comes from a scum perspective mimicking townplay, ie trusting Jack's Nutella read.
Why would baddie Mac express a strong townread on nutella and then flip flop just as soon? Why would a bad guy do that? It's a townie maneuever, just like your exact opposite flip flop was (I assume) townie.
More inclined to believe this than to believe Mac is scum, right now
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 am Hi I’d like to introduce you to a concept known as the fake derp clear, have you been introduced before or is this your first time?
I would've perceived it as fake if I had a reason to believe he was scum. Which I don't. Because, once again, he has nothing scummy about him.

Jumping from me not having any reasoning to scum read a slot that I've easily scum read in the past to believing an alleged "fake attempt at derp clear because he's scum" requires some kind of mental contortion to get to that conclusion.
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:21 am I also want to go on record that I’m disappointed nobody acknowledged that I randomly told Drago that sprityo is confirmed town. Like I was expecting him or anyone to pick that up and do something with it, I thought it be interesting but now it’s past. Maybe Drago just accepted it and is going to operate in this game with the assumption that sprit is town.
Yeah so like. Why did you say that
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Not to make everything about me but I am pretty pinged by the moment everybody moved off me and jumped onto Mac or whatever. Feels fishy, independent of Mac’s flip
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

although I guess “everybody” just means NANOOK and Dom, I don’t remember if there were more.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]

- Tony, I've read this 5 times and still don't understand what your saying. I know "late" should be "early" but I still am not getting it.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm I also don't get Jack's so sure read on you. Is that normal for Jack, anyone? I seem to remember a more tempered town!Jack.
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
I find that town Jack is more unsure in late game in confident end game and scum Jack is the other way around.
- Tony you did something you called a Power Analysis. I am not familiar with that as a solving tool. It seemed like you were just saying what you would do if you were that role which would just be busywork, something a scum would do. What was the purpose of the Power Analysis?

- I spoilered this next post because it's so long
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:40 pm
sig wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:24 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:24 am Catching up: throwing in early reads to have them down

Town: SVS, Sig, Michelle, I think Epi
Wont lynch: Jack, Ted, the other half of Epi
Do these reads still stand @TonyStarkPrime and do you have any mafia reads.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 pm I remember squinting my eyes at Tony earlier. Let's look into that.

sorry tony :hugs:
keep tryin you’ll lynch me one of these days
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:42 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm I also don't get Jack's so sure read on you. Is that normal for Jack, anyone? I seem to remember a more tempered town!Jack.
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
I find that town Jack is more unsure in late game in confident end game and scum Jack is the other way around.
Hahahaha you are bad again. Fuck I own your soul.
I wish
These two posts feel icky very much like he's deflecting.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:57 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:49 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:24 pm

What?

What does this have to do with anything

Like I think I get it but it's irrelevant here? My ability to read Michelle still stands...???
The part where you keep downplaying Jack being god tier at reading you. I have demonstrable evidence that you know and highly regard his ability to read you. The lines of logic you are using are fallacious as opposed to what they would naturally be if he was actually wrong.
But what would be they be if he was actually wrong?
Surprised, or she'd have a fierce scum read of him.
I tend to disagree. We’ve seen this a few times with Rej and Drago (I don’t think in any of the cases where one had a strong day 1 read they were v/v, but I’ll have to check) and it’s been discussed there and my general idea is that the usual reaction is bewilderment, general anger, and resignation — in either case.
For me I’m thinking about what I would do if Sloonei came after me with a case in a few days. it’s a technique Sloonei can pull as scum, but I have to assume that Sloonei as town can misread me too or else what am I saying about my own ability as a scum player?

Did Sloonei lynch me in the game we played together as town? I have no recollection of that game at all.
I like this post 1+ Civ point.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:45 am Let's do some power analysis
So his analysis was good, but I personally don't like random PA like this. Now after Nights I can see it since you want to look over what's happened. But, this was an odd time to do it and is basically just a more in-depth version of what G-man did. As in being around, looking active, but not really contributing anything real.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:00 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:52 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 am Meh
Vote Dizzy
Wait, what? TSP please share what you are seeing here.
I gotta feeling
He never responded to this and I'd like an answer. :eye:

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:20 pm Okay gang, so what if we take a step back?

We have two major wagons going, with most of the players on them which isn't really something I personally like this early in the game.

Who outside of Jack, Nutella, and Radish looks the worst/could be a baddie?

I'm obviously gonna say we should go with Nanook. :shrug:

But, I'm open to other ideas.
I don’t think any of those are good lynches probably reverse alpha best to worst
So you didn't like these three lynches and supported Dizzy, any reason why?

TSP: He's still kind off a mystery to me. I'd like to see more reads from him and why he voted/suspected Dizzy, until then he's staying null I guess. :shrug:

Any scum reads? No. Not going to pretend otherwise. I think the list of people I wouldn’t lynch is pretty large though. I can expand it if you’d like but I think I’ll hold off til the day.

I would have been fine with any of the three lynches (least pleased with Nutella as I said) but I wasn’t content to let that be that. So I voted for Dizzy.
I liked your response in the first paragraph, open and honest. I'm not sure I get your second paragraph. You had just said "I don’t think any of those are good lynches probably reverse alpha best to worst" about Jack, nutella and Radish but now you say you would have been fine with them. And I still don't see the reason you voted Dizzy.

-
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:04 am Vote: Jay because I feel like it
But why?

- You gave reasons for suspecting me and I gave you a response to those reasons. I'd like you to respond back to me if you would. I am thinking you haven't been online since then.

-
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:56 pm Still think Tony is bad tbh. One of you freaks that’s always asking for more ISOs to do, go check him out
Any beefs beyond the off-wagon vote?
His exchange with you. I had the same thought about his reads list, wondering where those names came from.
I definitely called out the town ones as they went by and think I had said something about each of the scum ones
Tony, you said their names but I didn't see any reasoning except for about me. Could you say a little more about your reads?

Overall Tony I'm not inspired (if I can borrow Sloonei's word) by your posts. You have not provided much content and I don't know what you are thinking. Maybe people who play with you more often can provide some insight because as you said, we have not played together a lot in my memory. I look forward to your response.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I need some more Epignosis. I won't ping him because he has asked us in the past not to do it but Epi, I'd like to know what your reads are at this point.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry all, I fell asleep on the couch after dinner, I tried to come in and read, but I was shot. Will play catch up.

If anyone(s) can tell me what happened yesterday, from their perspective, that would be helpful to me (and maybe the thread at large; hearing different perspectives on the same thing can be helpful).
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sorry, S~V~S I am jumping in the shower and out the door to the gym. Quickly though, there were debates about Colin and Mac so I would look at them in ISO's if you can.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I should be back about 11:00 and will be here most of the day leading up to EOD.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:55 am Sorry, S~V~S I am jumping in the shower and out the door to the gym. Quickly though, there were debates about Colin and Mac so I would look at them in ISO's if you can.
Thanks, Jules. I tend to have better comprehension reading thread exchanges than ISOs in general, I find I miss less nuance that way, but I will ISO them as well. Colin was a red read for me, but only as a default since I did not remember much of what he had said, and Mac was a red as well since he had not had anything to say after nutella flipped non-baddie, and his whole thing there reminded me of bad Mac (although I tend to baddie read him in general, so my opinion is not always the most valuable there), so they were both on my list.

Also, if there is anything I have to address, let me know.

Also, can anyone give me their take on why sprit voted for Nanook? Out of all the votes I see up there, that is the one that surprises me the most.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:58 am @Long Con @Black Rock Does Nanook 1.0 still get ghost posts?
Hell yeah!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:10 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:05 am Cause town has perverse incentive to cooperate with scum that have good SRs on the opposite team, so you see mac as doing that and think it’s a townie mindset

Would be my guess anyways
I really really really really dislike his flip flop on how he read me and Nutella. He declared me a wolf and Nutella one we should follow after the two of us started battling. Then like 12 hours later, I was town and Nutella was scum because I read her perfectly.

His argument for Nutella being scum exists in its entirety at the time he expressed a strong townread on her. His read change does not come from a town perspective. It comes from a scum perspective mimicking townplay, ie trusting Jack's Nutella read.
Why would baddie Mac express a strong townread on nutella and then flip flop just as soon? Why would a bad guy do that? It's a townie maneuever, just like your exact opposite flip flop was (I assume) townie.
I like this post, it makes sense to me. I had not seen it this way, I missed his "Nutella is town" posts.

This was Tuesday night,
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:08 am Nutella is town
This was Weds night,

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm Btw Jack is always right about Nutella. It's canon. So either he's town and she's wolf or he's wolf and she's wolf, or he's wolf and she's town. But one of them is always a wolf so we should lynch Nutella.
And this one, about an hour after ^^ he started to change mind, you can almost see it.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:47 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm Btw Jack is always right about Nutella. It's canon. So either he's town and she's wolf or he's wolf and she's wolf, or he's wolf and she's town. But one of them is always a wolf so we should lynch Nutella.
You his teammate? Lmao you know better than this.

I was just thinking you're probably bad anyway. Then this. C'mon man
You have literally been in scum teams with me where you have been immediately caught by Jack and lamented profoundly how well he reads you. So your defense here is hilariously bad.
Then his next post, he made up his mind.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:54 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:47 pm
You his teammate? Lmao you know better than this.

I was just thinking you're probably bad anyway. Then this. C'mon man
You have literally been in scum teams with me where you have been immediately caught by Jack and lamented profoundly how well he reads you. So your defense here is hilariously bad.
Did you like even read his posts tho. He's wrong and he even said he might be at first, then he doubled down.

I'm not a wolf. Use your own brain, not Jack's.
So he had a little doubt at first as is normal and then soul read you the way that he always does when he's right about you... noted.
This looks very much like a civ minded progression, it looks honest and real, not contrived and set up.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:02 am
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:55 am Sorry, S~V~S I am jumping in the shower and out the door to the gym. Quickly though, there were debates about Colin and Mac so I would look at them in ISO's if you can.
Thanks, Jules. I tend to have better comprehension reading thread exchanges than ISOs in general, I find I miss less nuance that way, but I will ISO them as well. Colin was a red read for me, but only as a default since I did not remember much of what he had said, and Mac was a red as well since he had not had anything to say after nutella flipped non-baddie, and his whole thing there reminded me of bad Mac (although I tend to baddie read him in general, so my opinion is not always the most valuable there), so they were both on my list.

Also, can anyone give me their take on why sprit voted for Nanook? Out of all the votes I see up there, that is the one that surprises me the most.
I was also busy yesterday but I had a chance to read up on what's been happening. Colin has been getting suspicion for not doing much of anything. A few people namely sloonei and spirit said colin often gets mislynched for this so they were wary of voting him so soon. TH said they're suspicious for defending him. I didn't see that as defending him as much as just being cautious of voting him too early without giving him a chance. I understand this because I get mislynched for my weird playstyle too sometimes but I haven't seen anything from colin that convinces me he's town. I had pointed out that sloonei and spirit haven't been their usual selves in the beginning of the game but I feel like sloonei has been more towny than spirit. Sloonei questioned me on my post and what I meant was if TH was suspecting him because of his difference in playstyle I could have understood that more than sayi g he's bad fir defending colin. I realize I worded that weird.

Sig had a big long post saying he was limited to one post and he thought mac did it. Mac disappeared for awhile and when he came back to find suspicion on him he was in full force mac mode and saying he's going to be mislynched and saying he won all these sockys so he is a good player and how could anyone accuse him and usual mac jokey stuff. He gave some reads and threw some suspicion at jack. I plan to read through his ISO and compare to some other games. He can be pretty tricky to read and as he pointed out he is a good player. I'm wondering if the more emotional mac is a scummy mac that got annoyed he was caught or just a civ mac being annoyed that anyone would suspect him.

I'm trying to enjoy my weekend but I plan to read through the ISOs and I'll be around in and out.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

[VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine I don't like his unwavering suspicion of Mac and I especially don't like his reasoning re: Mac's changing opinion of Nutella
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:37 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:02 am

I was also busy yesterday but I had a chance to read up on what's been happening. Colin has been getting suspicion for not doing much of anything. A few people namely sloonei and spirit said colin often gets mislynched for this so they were wary of voting him so soon. TH said they're suspicious for defending him. I didn't see that as defending him as much as just being cautious of voting him too early without giving him a chance. I understand this because I get mislynched for my weird playstyle too sometimes but I haven't seen anything from colin that convinces me he's town. I had pointed out that sloonei and spirit haven't been their usual selves in the beginning of the game but I feel like sloonei has been more towny than spirit. Sloonei questioned me on my post and what I meant was if TH was suspecting him because of his difference in playstyle I could have understood that more than sayi g he's bad fir defending colin. I realize I worded that weird.

Sig had a big long post saying he was limited to one post and he thought mac did it. Mac disappeared for awhile and when he came back to find suspicion on him he was in full force mac mode and saying he's going to be mislynched and saying he won all these sockys so he is a good player and how could anyone accuse him and usual mac jokey stuff. He gave some reads and threw some suspicion at jack. I plan to read through his ISO and compare to some other games. He can be pretty tricky to read and as he pointed out he is a good player. I'm wondering if the more emotional mac is a scummy mac that got annoyed he was caught or just a civ mac being annoyed that anyone would suspect him.

I'm trying to enjoy my weekend but I plan to read through the ISOs and I'll be around in and out.
sabie for what it's worth I read those posts about the sockys and other beating his own drum things as him joking. Maybe that's what you're saying here. In Inception when I engaged him about being bad (and he was) he didn't joke around at all. I see that as a good sign for him in this game.

[mention]S~V~S{/mention] I don't have much of a memory of sprityo's vote for Nanook but I'll take a look at it now.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oops sorry about all that red I screwed up the brackets.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Question to everyone:

What role do you think targeted G Man with this curse? Uncle Fester?

Out of curiosity, why would baddies target a low poster who had very little topical content up to the point he was cursed with a curse of this nature? I would expect them to curse someone with a strong town read and a high post count.

Targeting G Man with this makes little sense to me.

linki, thanks Jules, I was about to go there myself, I am still flitting around the thread. I just like hearing other peoples interpretations of things, it helps me sort them as well as the subject of the opinion, if that makes sense.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:57 am Question to everyone:

Out of curiosity, why would baddies target a low poster who had very little topical content up to the point he was cursed with a curse of this nature? I would expect them to curse someone with a strong town read and a high post count.

linki, thanks Jules, I was about to go there myself, I am still flitting around the thread. I just like hearing other peoples interpretations of things, it helps me sort them as well as the subject of the opinion, if that makes sense.
Oh ok I won't copy it in here then. It's part of the whole Colin debate.

The only role I saw that had secrets was the Indie that's still in the game, but doesn't that feel odd, that an indie would have a cursing power? I didn't see anything else that looked like a cursing ability. And I have to agree with your logic, it doesn't make much sense that he was targeted.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:28 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:21 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 pm I'd rather kill Colin anyways, which is where my vote is going
This isn’t the worst take
It is, in fact, an excellent take
It’s actually a bad take and wrong

NANOOK and TH dropping an easy vote on Collin makes them look bad

SVS has him as red as well, or at least I just read.

I’m on the colin is town side

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

It’s pizza time so I’ll come back to this once I catchup
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:32 pm Phone posting is gonna be a chore until I get wifi in my barracks room, but:

I think Colin is mislynch bait. I haven’t liked Nanook’s reasoning towards it either. I feel compelled to reflect this in a red green list
So am I correct in thinking sprit wants to lynch Nanook solely for suspecting Colin?
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:16 pm To elucidate the difference, I recall Colin being like a dog with a bone in the game I saw him as town (I think the wire, not 100% sure), whereas this game he’s a bit more drifty. I don’t recall him being much more active than in this game. That seems like enough of a difference to me to run with 🤷‍♀️
So NANOOK, prior I didn’t see any other mention of colin or a suspicion until this post. This was after you had said colin was a baddie.

And there is truly no other player you have a better or any reason to suspect at the moment? Given your post amount, I’m positive you can do better.

Also where NANOOK and juliets were talking pinged me slightly, not sure why
To be honest, I didn't see any mention of a Nanook suspicion from sprit until the post where he voted for him. Pretty much everything he says about Nanook here would apply to him as well.

Gonna be honest, I hate this progression as much as I like Macs in the post I made earlier.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:34 pmI make a deliberate effort to foster an open and communicative thread environment.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:05 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:57 am Question to everyone:

Oh ok I won't copy it in here then. It's part of the whole Colin debate.

The only role I saw that had secrets was the Indie that's still in the game, but doesn't that feel odd, that an indie would have a cursing power? I didn't see anything else that looked like a cursing ability. And I have to agree with your logic, it doesn't make much sense that he was targeted.
I was thinking the same thing and I know I played one game where someone pretended to be cursed to avoid suspicion. I don't know if that's something gman would do.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:52 pmWho are the coasters? What things could we look for in that crowd, and who are the most likely bad guys hiding out in there?
The people that pop into my mind as coasters would be Speed and Sprit for example. I'd even say Jack and Epi as well right now. And probably others. Drag and Tranq more lurkers.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:21 am I also want to go on record that I’m disappointed nobody acknowledged that I randomly told Drago that sprityo is confirmed town. Like I was expecting him or anyone to pick that up and do something with it, I thought it be interesting but now it’s past. Maybe Drago just accepted it and is going to operate in this game with the assumption that sprit is town.
I do like this though. Did you do it for reactions?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:03 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 am Hi I’d like to introduce you to a concept known as the fake derp clear, have you been introduced before or is this your first time?
I would've perceived it as fake if I had a reason to believe he was scum. Which I don't. Because, once again, he has nothing scummy about him.

Jumping from me not having any reasoning to scum read a slot that I've easily scum read in the past to believing an alleged "fake attempt at derp clear because he's scum" requires some kind of mental contortion to get to that conclusion.
I mean you’re pushing something that just isn’t AI as a reason to TR mac, and it just isn’t.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:28 amSecondly, yes, I think that posting is real and it doesn’t even matter if he’s Saitama or not, my point was I expect mafia members to know of each other’s actions so that just spews him not scum.
Wait. I disagree that Mac is spewed as not the silencer/not on the silencing team. But even if he was, as you argue, that does not spew him as not scum, it just spews him as not on that team. Unless you are on the other team. :smoky: :smoky: :smoky:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Some notes:

- I feel Colin is more likely town than scum for his righteousness. "Lynch me and I'll laugh at you". Annoying attitude, but probably likelier town than scum.

- I don't feel like lynching Mac is a good idea. I don't know. I kind of buy his defense, and i also feel like how he's giving out reads and thoughts rapidly, but then at the same time warns against "you should probably not listen to these" is more town. It's town doubt that he doesn't want to be fully responsible for those reads. That's my feeling.

- I'm honestly getting cold feet on Radish, but that is just because it would suck so much if he's town here.

- I can't follow the convo between Juliets and Sloonei at all.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok, I'm going to go deep gut now.

Team 1: Radish, Sabie, SVS, X
Team 2: Ted, Epi, X, X

Voodoo
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:18 pm Ok, I'm going to go deep gut now.

Voodoo
Team 1: Radish, SVS, Turnip, Sabie?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:16 pm Some notes:

- I feel Colin is more likely town than scum for his righteousness. "Lynch me and I'll laugh at you". Annoying attitude, but probably likelier town than scum.

- I don't feel like lynching Mac is a good idea. I don't know. I kind of buy his defense, and i also feel like how he's giving out reads and thoughts rapidly, but then at the same time warns against "you should probably not listen to these" is more town. It's town doubt that he doesn't want to be fully responsible for those reads. That's my feeling.

- I'm honestly getting cold feet on Radish, but that is just because it would suck so much if he's town here.

I agree with you wholeheartedly re Mac, and also do not feel Badishes as much as I did. I could get behind a sprit or G Man lynch, but Don't want to leave the biggest counterwagon to Mac, since I don't feel Badishes as much but I still don't feel he's in the green, either.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:18 pm Ok, I'm going to go deep gut now.

Voodoo
Lol, sowing the seeds

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]G-Man[/mention]

Can you think of a reason someone would target you with a curse? Do you see a role that you think makes sense to be a curser?

Also, I need to understand what this line means:
G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm Oompa loompa doompadee don,
Some things I can’t put my finger on.
Oompa loompa doompadee dee,
Here are some folks who seem off to me.

Jay posts a lot, yes this style’s a given,
But something about him feels agenda-driven.
Sloonei’s sus of me felt hollow at best;
Auto-distrust for Dom and S~V~S.

I need to read the poll leaders.

Oompa loompa doompadee doo,
I’m keeping up better on Day 2.
Trying to gauge whose posts feel false
Before momentum waivers and stalls.
If you can fit the answers to those questions into the Oompa Loompa format I would be grateful. I'm from the old school that says it's bad form to vote for someone who's cursed or silenced but I'm having doubts about this being a real curse.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

If G-Man's not scum I will let Karen leave me and also take the kids willingly
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I know some people think it's dumb to do connection analysis, but it's pretty much the only thing I got now. I don't get anywhere if I just think about one player at the time, cause I can usually argue both sides then. I don't feel I have enough grasp on most people's meta.

So I'm just putting this out there in case it becomes useful for later.
- Turnip has only critical things to say about Radish. Yet he ends up on the Nut wagon on D1 with the insistence of "We should stay the course" on her. He's also said D2 that he could still vote Radish. But he isn't. Right now he wants to build a Jack-Wagon.
- Turnip has absolutely no interaction with SVS at all, apart from saying "Hi, it's an honor to be playing with you again." He also removed SVS from my maybe-town-list, but I have no idea why, since he has not mentioned SVS at all.
- I already spoke about the possible Radish/sabie-connection. Not sure on this.
- Not sure on SVS as well tbh.

For future reference if Radish or someone flips scum.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:28 pm If G-Man's not scum I will let Karen leave me and also take the kids willingly
He's not.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:13 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:28 amSecondly, yes, I think that posting is real and it doesn’t even matter if he’s Saitama or not, my point was I expect mafia members to know of each other’s actions so that just spews him not scum.
Wait. I disagree that Mac is spewed as not the silencer/not on the silencing team. But even if he was, as you argue, that does not spew him as not scum, it just spews him as not on that team. Unless you are on the other team. :smoky: :smoky: :smoky:
[mention]S~V~S [/mention] [mention]Juliets [/mention]Thoughts? Too simple?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:03 am

I mean you’re pushing something that just isn’t AI as a reason to TR mac, and it just isn’t.
My point was that I'm not seeing scum Mac here unlike his Inception game where I sniped his ass page 10 or something.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:29 pm I know some people think it's dumb to do connection analysis, but it's pretty much the only thing I got now. I don't get anywhere if I just think about one player at the time, cause I can usually argue both sides then. I don't feel I have enough grasp on most people's meta.

So I'm just putting this out there in case it becomes useful for later.
- Turnip has only critical things to say about Radish. Yet he ends up on the Nut wagon on D1 with the insistence of "We should stay the course" on her. He's also said D2 that he could still vote Radish. But he isn't. Right now he wants to build a Jack-Wagon.
- Turnip has absolutely no interaction with SVS at all, apart from saying "Hi, it's an honor to be playing with you again." He also removed SVS from my maybe-town-list, but I have no idea why, since he has not mentioned SVS at all.
- I already spoke about the possible Radish/sabie-connection. Not sure on this.
- Not sure on SVS as well tbh.

For future reference if Radish or someone flips scum.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It's too early for me to have a read on S~V~S
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:16 pm Some notes:

I agree with you on Colin, I'm not certain but after all the discussion I'm leaning town.

I also agree on Mac. His reaction to being suspected is much different than his reaction from Inception where he was bad.

Sorry about the convo between me and Sloonei being unfollowable. I was trying to put into words a tone read and it was hard.

lots of linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:33 pm It's too early for me to have a read on S~V~S
I've caught scum pairs D1 before. I did it in my very last game for example. =p
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:29 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:28 pm If G-Man's not scum I will let Karen leave me and also take the kids willingly
He's not.
ah shit you are right
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:26 pm [mention]G-Man[/mention]

Can you think of a reason someone would target you with a curse? Do you see a role that you think makes sense to be a curser?

Also, I need to understand what this line means:
G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm Oompa loompa doompadee don,
Some things I can’t put my finger on.
Oompa loompa doompadee dee,
Here are some folks who seem off to me.

Jay posts a lot, yes this style’s a given,
But something about him feels agenda-driven.
Sloonei’s sus of me felt hollow at best;
Auto-distrust for Dom and S~V~S.

I need to read the poll leaders.

Oompa loompa doompadee doo,
I’m keeping up better on Day 2.
Trying to gauge whose posts feel false
Before momentum waivers and stalls.
If you can fit the answers to those questions into the Oompa Loompa format I would be grateful. I'm from the old school that says it's bad form to vote for someone who's cursed or silenced but I'm having doubts about this being a real curse.
It means he automatically distrusts me and Dom, this is not news to me and I doubt to Dom, either, or anyone who has played with G and I since BSG.

I think I have made enough posts for him to have moved past autodistrust, but whatevs.

As I said up there, I would consider forming either a sprit or G Man counter wagon, I really don't want to lynch Mac, and I have better reasons in my mind to distrust G Man and sprit than Badishes (I think I will always call him Badishes now, lol, he's gonna hate me).

linki [mention]tedxtr[/mention] but I mentioned TH, not sure about why they would/would not remove me from a list though.

linki [mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] I saw that post earlier. I am missing the nuance of that post. I don't think a person has to be a specific role on a team for a different teammate to act on their behalf. If this is not the point, can you spell it out for me?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:34 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:29 pm
He's not.
ah shit you are right
How. Explain it to me, I know G's game up close and personal, both good and bad, and I think he's bad. What am I missing, plz?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jack has a very narrow focus, it seems. Also not much impact on the game. Possible scum.
Jimmay is still possible scum for me.
Speed could hang. Rip
I have no idea what's normal for Sprit, but I would not be surprised if he's scum.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”