Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:01 pm What is Sprit's meta? Is he a good lynch or no? Cause he's under the radar as fuck to me, and his posts makes no sense to me, also don't love the way he votes off wagon.
I just clicked his ISO to see how I feel. Without looking, y'all guess how many posts he has made?
Is it 69
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yeah I hate his vote for Nanook too. Looking back at him...
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:30 pm Jack is a pretty simple read. If he makes you smile he's town.
This from the guy who said he would never have lynched me after I soloed the last giving days of Shockhead Peter.

I don’t think you think you’re that good at reading me and if you do, why have you flipped your read on me twice?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My iPhone doesn’t think “fiveish” is a word but it is.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I don't feel like spirityo has been his usual towny self. He hasn't been as involved and sometimes has a tendency to come off aggressive when he's town.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I looked at sprityo's stuff and I am not feeling that lynch. It isn't that surprising that he's fallen under the radar; this game is moving pretty quickly. The second page of his ISO looks like the effortful sprityo he has shown his civilian self to be when motivated.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will grant that his off-wagon vote sucks. I don't know what the wagons were when he placed the Nanook vote.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Those who suspect G-Man: please tell me what you think of this.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:01 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:12 pm I've also not been a fan of TH this game I just read the ISO. My first issue with them at the beginning of the game was making reads with no real explanation. Then their treatment of colin was weird to me like they were so sure its gotta be colin and anyone who thought maybe give colin a chance must be bad too. Now all of a sudden since no one was following that he's onto something else. Shrug idk I don't feel great about him so far.

I think right now though I feel worse about mac. I'm not seeing him as civ and in looking back at other games I could see his responses as a scum mac. He is trying to get people off himself without trying to make cases elsewhere. His blindly following jack on nutella was meh. I know he has a way of trying to sneakily get suspicion in different directions without directly saying it.
[VOTE: mac] aubergine
This is a classic scum vote. Talk about someone else first. But ultimately have little reason to have even brought it up because the goal is to get your vote on the mislynch.
I agree with Mac here. This is shite.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I looked back at sprityo and see that as I posted earlier, the whole first part of his ISO is fluff but as Jay said above he gets better on page 2. I still hate that Nanook vote though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I still want to lynch JJJ though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm telling you right now this guy isn't a civilian. GoC 2019 JJJ is bad news.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:13 pm Those who suspect G-Man: please tell me what you think of this.
I'm still on G-Man so I'll point out something I intensely disliked:

"I made an assumption and I think that's going to come back to bite me. I'm still open to lynching Dyslexicon from an informational and interpretational standpoint. It's only Day 2, so we can afford to be wrong here, as long as we learn something from it."

I just don't understand lynching someone for that reason, especially someone the thread has mostly good feelings about. And he is still voting for him.

I don't want to spend to much time on his post though because I want to move off of him if possible.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The meat of G-Man's large post:

G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:21 pm #4
G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm Oompa loompa doompadee don,
Some things I can’t put my finger on.
Oompa loompa doompadee dee,
Here are some folks who seem off to me.

Jay posts a lot, yes this style’s a given,
But something about him feels agenda-driven.
Sloonei’s sus of me felt hollow at best;
Auto-distrust for Dom and S~V~S.

I need to read the poll leaders.

Oompa loompa doompadee doo,
I’m keeping up better on Day 2.
Trying to gauge whose posts feel false
Before momentum waivers and stalls.
"I can't put my finger on too much just yet. (I've been skimming through the posts in order to tread water) Here are some folks who seem off for some reason. (You'll notice that the names listed are people that I have a fairly developed history of playing with. That's a bias that I fall into every game. I struggle to read new and new-to-me players, as well as folks that I do not have extensive experience playing with. There's a LOT of that in this game.)

"Jay always posts a lot, which is normal for him, but early on his posts didn't feel like standard-issue-Jay. There was an edge to them that I don't recall. (Bear in mind that this might be only the third game I've played in just over a year.) He didn't seem to be pushing for content for the sake of pushing for content to be evaluated. He seemed to be pushing for content with a direction in mind already. Sorry, that's lame and vibey, but there it is. Sloonei seems the most guilty of name-dropping me as a suspicious character in the same way that I have busted S~V~S and Golden the Coward ;) before, much to their surprise. (Why exactly am I so suspicious? This notion that I produce good content isn't false, but people are either forgetting or choosing not to remember that civ G-Man takes an average of three days to get up to speed. The fact that I play so seldom anymore may contribute to this forgetfulness, but I am always watchful for a BS set-up. Spotting it and calling it out has yet to blow up in my face. So far this game, Sloonei is the most guilty of this line of accusation against me.) I always have an automatic distrust of Dom and S~V~S. It comes from seeing both of those crafty FEB's in action over the last 10+ years. (I have been baddie teammates with S~V~S a few times, so I know what she is capable of, just as she knows what I am capable of. Though, she should remember that I am guilty of being a try-hard more often when I am a baddie. Some habits die hard. Dom either fleeced me or nearly fleeced me a game or two ago, so that wound is still fresh in my mind.)

"I need to go back and read through the poll leaders. (This was Mac and Radish at the time. I never circled back to that. Shocker, I know!)

"I've been keeping up better on Day 2. My plan is to try to get a feel for whose posts coming off of the Day 1 and Night 1 information seem filmsiest before I sputter out. (Spoiler alert: I sputtered out at some point last night.)"

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:13 pm

Even with the wonka limitations, these reads are uninspiring. Sing me a tune that gets into more specifics, G.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:49 pm that's a fair point. I've been waiting for G-man to provide something for me to develop a read on one way or the other. He has not delivered.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 pm Colin is probably the player I’ve driven the most mislynches against historically. I’m wary of that. None of his posts have stood out to me, but I’ve been operating at less than full capacity the last 72 hours.

G-man has been underwhelming. That becomes more suspicious the later we get into the game.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:27 pm @Sloonei who bad?
Radishes remains suspect #1. I’m starting to agree with the G-man suspicion as well. Other than that I feel like I still have a lot of things left to figure out.
Oompa loompa doompadee dell,
Your progression on me is lazy as hell.
One might think you’re trying to raise
Me up as a soft-target case.

Vague comments that all seem to promote
The notion that everything that I wrote
Fails to live up to Day 1’s in my past
Makes me wonder if you need gassed.

I always struggle early on.

Oompa loompa doompadee det,
Sloonei’s dangling an easy target-
Waiting to see who else may bite.
On this issue G-Man’s willing to fight.
(This is a lot of the same of what I posted for #4. Sloonei looks like the worst offender on this front, but I have seen S~V~S and Juliets do a little G-Man-dangling as well. If anyone, I would expect S~V~S to tread lightly with this, as I caught her doing it once before. Beyond that, I don't civ read her. In the past, she has been pushier for content when civvie, and an over-explainer when she's bad. She's struck a balance of each so far that leaves me wondering. I don't recall ever playing against baddie juliets, but name-dropping me over nothing is irritating. I can respect being suspected for worthwhile concerns, but this does not fit the bill.)

I omit the other points, because they were raw translations of oompa-loomping without adding much. I color code for the sake of reference; the colors have nothing to do with alignment judgments.

Yellow - G-Man's gripe with me is vague, and he admits as much ("lame and vibey"). I've already asked him to talk more about this; I can't do much with vagueness.

Orange - G-Man specifically names Sloonei as the guiltiest party of opportunism among those voicing suspicion of him. I don't know why Sloonei is the one named here. It isn't stated. This is vague too.

Soft orange - S~V~S and juliets get similar accusations, but with caveats (underlined). I don't care about that. What's still unclear is what precisely is the problem -- is it solely that these people have uttered G-Man's name in less-than-positive tones? Is there something in the content of their words that is troublesome? This post goes a long way to tell me little.

Green - This seems pointless.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:21 pm I'm telling you right now this guy isn't a civilian. GoC 2019 JJJ is bad news.
What's your gripe

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

A rushed but thorough ISO of TH:

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:39 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:10 am Actually, all your words are washing over me. I'm taking nothing in.

One time on my home forum I spent the entire first round just gif-posting a handful of times and not engaging in the game at all because I was busy. I got myself mislynched D1. But before I went, I made a final serious post in which I named the entire scum team.

Sometimes looking at something from the corner of your eye allows you to see more. /deep thoughts
Scum tbqh
Day 0 scum read on Radishes. Okay.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:23 am Jack is town you seeley booths
Early town read on Jack. Okay.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:14 pm [VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine
A vote for Radishes. Idk what else was going on in the poll at this time, but based on where this post exists in the thread, at least one vote (mine) was already parked there.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 pm Yeah [VOTE: Nutella] aubergine why not
A vote for nutella. Okay.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:51 pm Nutella is bad and Dom is her teammate
nutella-dom connection observed. ...Okay. I know it's not TH's M.O. to be a big blustering case-driver, especially early in games, but I don't know why any of these reads exist. Hopefully that will become less of an issue as I get further into this exercise.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:59 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 pm Sabie is thoroughly underwhelming to me. I saw her as more to the point and involved as town before. Thoughts?

[VOTE: Sabie] aubergine
Town tho
Unclear if this is a town read on sabie or Dyslexicon.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 pm Dom's preemptive shade at Nutella followed by bussing her to an extent
Returns to the nutella-dom connection. I don't know what makes early-game-TH view early-game-Dom's suspicion of nutella as bussing.

For the sake of not cluttering the page too much, TH stays hard on the nutella wagon for a while, making several posts opposed to her, indicating that there is an observable difference between this game's version of nutella and her usual town self. I don't not believe that observation. And then Day 1 ends.
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:54 pm It's actually really funny that radishes is looking for scum in the Nutella wagon when he got just as many votes to be lynched
I shared this observation at the time, so I guess soft townie point for Turnip Head. Less than it would normally be given the context of this game, but it's something.
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:32 pm G-Man good
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:32 pm Colin bad probably
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:33 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:32 pm G-Man good
could be turbup, what you see
Hes one of those civs who won't lose you the game but he may not win it for you either. He's the Ryan tannehil of civilians
A quick flurry of reads. I appreciate that they exist, but I don't understand his point about G-man. That seems like a general observation about G-man as a mafia player but says nothing about G-man's presence in this game.
I've already stated my disagreement with the Colin suspicion several times.
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:40 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:27 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm I think I like Sloonei, but I don't remember why now.
:huh: maybe you can dig in memories?
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
I certainly don't have a mindmeld with Radishes this game
Possible teammate distancing?
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:43 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:08 am I am here, will catch up and post thoughts later today.
Uh, “champion”!
Going at Iso links and choosing the first.
Strange how he looks non interested in this game :shrug:
More possible distancing?
This might be the unfulfilled Michelle case I alluded to a few moments ago in another post. [mention]Turnip Head[/mention], if you don't mind could you explain what made you see these posts from Michelle as "possible distancing" as opposed to regular statements of suspicion?
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:12 pm My blacklist in order of lynching priority:

Michelle
Colin
Master Radishes
Sprityo
Sloonei
Noting that Michelle is first on this list, despite the only evidence of a Michelle suspicion in this ISO being dependent on Radishes also being bad. This is the first mention that I've seen of sprityo or I, and when I asked about it the only answer I got was "vibes"
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:49 am
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 am Hey turnip head— why drop me?
I suspected you too hastily. I thought I saw something that I didn't really see
+1 for Turnip Head. I like it when a player is able to give a clear and concise reason why they changed their mind about something.

Town read on sabie
Four town reads on Jack, Mac, Jay, and Dom. That's a wide brush that scum TH might be hesitant to use. Bad vegetables might be inclined to leave as many potential suspects on the table as possible. TH eliminates four candidates, three of whom have been anything but stable town reads in the thread, in one instant. Good look.
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:10 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:57 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:58 pm I think the people discouraging us from a Colin vote look suspicious af
TH, what are you seeing when you look at Colin? (I couldn't find this in your ISO but tell me if its there and I just didn't go back far enough.)
His reads don't feel genuine, specifically when he called out michelle. I think he's leaning a little too hard on the "I often get mislynched" card
Here's another thing I like. Michelle at this moment is one of TH's biggest suspects. But he also has the awareness to call out another suspect (Colin) for the way that he went after their mutual suspect in Michelle. It's a minor point, but the sort of confident take that I like to see in an engaged civilian.
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:45 am
Dom wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:17 am Mac, I once again am asking you to clarify why you wanted someone you claim is baddie (me) to corroborate a piece of evidence for you.
Because there are two scum teams
Mac is town, this quote is exhibit A
TH was the most vocal voice in the thread defending Mac last night, though to be fair there weren't many people around at the time. If Mac is bad we'll obviously all want to re-examine lots of things, including this. In the moment I felt vaguely skeptical of TH, but as I'm looking at these posts in the context of the larger ISO, I feel alright about this progress. TH has named Mac as a civilian read prior to this, and this represents the first substantiation of that read (that I have noticed, at least).

I'll post this now so I can dive back into the live action. I come out of this exercise with a more positive view of TH than when I entered. He'd probably be a medium shade of green on a rainbow list right now. My biggest question is about the Michelle suspicion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

my wifi crashed as i went to submit that and I nearly lost the whole thing :phew:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:25 pm The meat of G-Man's large post:

G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:21 pm #4

"I can't put my finger on too much just yet. (I've been skimming through the posts in order to tread water) Here are some folks who seem off for some reason. (You'll notice that the names listed are people that I have a fairly developed history of playing with. That's a bias that I fall into every game. I struggle to read new and new-to-me players, as well as folks that I do not have extensive experience playing with. There's a LOT of that in this game.)

"Jay always posts a lot, which is normal for him, but early on his posts didn't feel like standard-issue-Jay. There was an edge to them that I don't recall. (Bear in mind that this might be only the third game I've played in just over a year.) He didn't seem to be pushing for content for the sake of pushing for content to be evaluated. He seemed to be pushing for content with a direction in mind already. Sorry, that's lame and vibey, but there it is. Sloonei seems the most guilty of name-dropping me as a suspicious character in the same way that I have busted S~V~S and Golden the Coward ;) before, much to their surprise. (Why exactly am I so suspicious? This notion that I produce good content isn't false, but people are either forgetting or choosing not to remember that civ G-Man takes an average of three days to get up to speed. The fact that I play so seldom anymore may contribute to this forgetfulness, but I am always watchful for a BS set-up. Spotting it and calling it out has yet to blow up in my face. So far this game, Sloonei is the most guilty of this line of accusation against me.) I always have an automatic distrust of Dom and S~V~S. It comes from seeing both of those crafty FEB's in action over the last 10+ years. (I have been baddie teammates with S~V~S a few times, so I know what she is capable of, just as she knows what I am capable of. Though, she should remember that I am guilty of being a try-hard more often when I am a baddie. Some habits die hard. Dom either fleeced me or nearly fleeced me a game or two ago, so that wound is still fresh in my mind.)

"I need to go back and read through the poll leaders. (This was Mac and Radish at the time. I never circled back to that. Shocker, I know!)

"I've been keeping up better on Day 2. My plan is to try to get a feel for whose posts coming off of the Day 1 and Night 1 information seem filmsiest before I sputter out. (Spoiler alert: I sputtered out at some point last night.)"

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:13 pm

Even with the wonka limitations, these reads are uninspiring. Sing me a tune that gets into more specifics, G.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:49 pm that's a fair point. I've been waiting for G-man to provide something for me to develop a read on one way or the other. He has not delivered.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 pm Colin is probably the player I’ve driven the most mislynches against historically. I’m wary of that. None of his posts have stood out to me, but I’ve been operating at less than full capacity the last 72 hours.

G-man has been underwhelming. That becomes more suspicious the later we get into the game.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:27 pm @Sloonei who bad?
Radishes remains suspect #1. I’m starting to agree with the G-man suspicion as well. Other than that I feel like I still have a lot of things left to figure out.
Oompa loompa doompadee dell,
Your progression on me is lazy as hell.
One might think you’re trying to raise
Me up as a soft-target case.

Vague comments that all seem to promote
The notion that everything that I wrote
Fails to live up to Day 1’s in my past
Makes me wonder if you need gassed.

I always struggle early on.

Oompa loompa doompadee det,
Sloonei’s dangling an easy target-
Waiting to see who else may bite.
On this issue G-Man’s willing to fight.
(This is a lot of the same of what I posted for #4. Sloonei looks like the worst offender on this front, but I have seen S~V~S and Juliets do a little G-Man-dangling as well. If anyone, I would expect S~V~S to tread lightly with this, as I caught her doing it once before. Beyond that, I don't civ read her. In the past, she has been pushier for content when civvie, and an over-explainer when she's bad. She's struck a balance of each so far that leaves me wondering. I don't recall ever playing against baddie juliets, but name-dropping me over nothing is irritating. I can respect being suspected for worthwhile concerns, but this does not fit the bill.)

I omit the other points, because they were raw translations of oompa-loomping without adding much. I color code for the sake of reference; the colors have nothing to do with alignment judgments.

Yellow - G-Man's gripe with me is vague, and he admits as much ("lame and vibey"). I've already asked him to talk more about this; I can't do much with vagueness.

Orange - G-Man specifically names Sloonei as the guiltiest party of opportunism among those voicing suspicion of him. I don't know why Sloonei is the one named here. It isn't stated. This is vague too.

Soft orange - S~V~S and juliets get similar accusations, but with caveats (underlined). I don't care about that. What's still unclear is what precisely is the problem -- is it solely that these people have uttered G-Man's name in less-than-positive tones? Is there something in the content of their words that is troublesome? This post goes a long way to tell me little.

Green - This seems pointless.
I asked him about what he said about me but he hasn't answered.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:26 pmFour town reads on Jack, Mac, Jay, and Dom. That's a wide brush that scum TH might be hesitant to use. Bad vegetables might be inclined to leave as many potential suspects on the table as possible. TH eliminates four candidates, three of whom have been anything but stable town reads in the thread, in one instant. Good look.
Good observation. In a game with 90 mafia members, his willingness to drop those names is the opposite of opportunism.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:13 pm Those who suspect G-Man: please tell me what you think of this.
It's a lot of words. I don't think they are all accurate or true.

I would move to sprit, I hated his Nanook vote and the progression he made to arrive there. Basically, Nanook suspects Colin, Nanook bad.

I could also move to sabie, I can't read her well, tbh, she seems pretty opportunistic in her reads.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] what's the deal with your vote

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:57 am I can understand that some people wanna catch the big fish. Especially you big game hunter types like Sig. And we all know the big fish is the Big Mac. I get it. It's the big dick move. Mac is scum, we did it fam! Let's all rejoice we killed the King.

But consider how dumb you will all feel when I flip town and you have left Dragomir alive.

Now I am not saying we should lynch Dragomir. In fact I don't really think that listening to my reads is actually all that good of an idea given I have probably read about 10% of the total game posts. But still.
This post is where I suspect. This was when the pressure against him was really starting to swell, and this looks like a clumsy attempt to swing the conversation back in the direction of low-posters disguised as a "joke". Nanook and I had been discussing that option a little while earlier, but the attention had shifted away from that and onto other things, mostly involving Mac himself. I don't know why this post exists in this form if not as an attempt to smoothly move the conversation back into a safer area. I would object less if he simply brought the subject up normally. Instead he looks like he's trying to be sly about it, which doesn't need to happen if he's doing it honestly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Did I miss anything else while I was harvesting turnips?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:57 am I can understand that some people wanna catch the big fish. Especially you big game hunter types like Sig. And we all know the big fish is the Big Mac. I get it. It's the big dick move. Mac is scum, we did it fam! Let's all rejoice we killed the King.

But consider how dumb you will all feel when I flip town and you have left Dragomir alive.

Now I am not saying we should lynch Dragomir. In fact I don't really think that listening to my reads is actually all that good of an idea given I have probably read about 10% of the total game posts. But still.
This post is where I suspect. This was when the pressure against him was really starting to swell, and this looks like a clumsy attempt to swing the conversation back in the direction of low-posters disguised as a "joke". Nanook and I had been discussing that option a little while earlier, but the attention had shifted away from that and onto other things, mostly involving Mac himself. I don't know why this post exists in this form if not as an attempt to smoothly move the conversation back into a safer area. I would object less if he simply brought the subject up normally. Instead he looks like he's trying to be sly about it, which doesn't need to happen if he's doing it honestly.
There is one thing I can say about this. When presented with errant suspicion early in a game, I have sometimes had a mindset that civilians are making a poor decision [independent of knowing my role] on the basis that I feel I can eventually prove myself. Meanwhile, other players are present that will never prove themselves. Therefore there is some objective value in lynching them instead. I don't know if that's precisely what Mac was getting at.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 pm

There is one thing I can say about this. When presented with errant suspicion early in a game, I have sometimes had a mindset that civilians are making a poor decision [independent of knowing my role] on the basis that I feel I can eventually prove myself. Meanwhile, other players are present that will never prove themselves. Therefore there is some objective value in lynching them instead. I don't know if that's precisely what Mac was getting at.
I'm familiar with that mindset. I don't doubt that Mac might have been angling for that here as well. But it's the delivery and context of the post that bother me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] I like your points about G-Man's post.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Especially the "Now I'm not saying we should lynch Dragomir" line. Felt like he was walking on a tightrope.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:40 pm Especially the "Now I'm not saying we should lynch Dragomir" line. Felt like he was walking on a tightrope.
fair

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:39 pm @JaggedJimmyJay I like your points about G-Man's post.
which point stands out the most to you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:26 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:21 pm I'm telling you right now this guy isn't a civilian. GoC 2019 JJJ is bad news.
What's your gripe
It's nothing I can explain. You sound phony.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have to make dinner. Be back after I eat.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:26 pm
What's your gripe
It's nothing I can explain. You sound phony.
:shrug2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Opinions please:
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:43 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:39 pm @JaggedJimmyJay I like your points about G-Man's post.
The point about why you are the worst offender and the point about why exactly S~V~S and I are a problem. So for example, I'm not troubled that he finds me a problem but he didn't explain it and didn't answer me when I asked about it.

Are you clear on why you are the worst offender?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 pm Opinions please:
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.
Very hard to read much into that. It could be scum who's happy to see an easy parking spot for their vote, or it could be a civilian who hasn't been around and is happy to see that people who are paying attention share a hunch with him. Tranq and Drago are complete shrugs.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:48 pm
The point about why you are the worst offender and the point about why exactly S~V~S and I are a problem. So for example, I'm not troubled that he finds me a problem but he didn't explain it and didn't answer me when I asked about it.

I am not. I'm not even clear why I'm on the list at all (I get what he has said, I just don't understand why he regards it as a bad thing). I believe I've asked him about this already.
I see that your vote is currently on G-man. How confident is that read? What other names are you considering?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think tranq would be exponentially more involved if he was bad. I have not agreed with much he has said but I would be surprised if he were on a baddie team.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:20 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:58 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:27 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:26 pmHoly shit.
Welcome Drago.
Hi, what's going on here? I'm not gonna read 35 pages.
The most important thing to me was this:

Jack said he has read nutella right for 8 games in a row and said she was scum in this game. Many agreed with him. Some of us said she looked good. She and Master Radishes were tied in votes at 6 apiece. Jack then said he had changed his mind and it looked like votes might start sliding off nutella. Nanook had the civvie bomb role and took her out in the afternoon so that was the "lynch". She was an independent. So both of them are in "ghost mode" right now. (They can make a limited amount of on topic posts after death).

Maybe someone else can describe something else from the thread they thought was important.

linki oh dang someone else already said this, I'm posting anyway
Thanks. Based off this alone, I'ma go ahead and say Jack is scum.
This post made me laugh. On some level I appreciate Dragomir's willingness to say this with such minimal information. That's not a careful move.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] i'm skimming through Michelle's posts and I don't see any glaring issues. If she's still a suspect for you, could you give us a few reasons why? I'm inclined to trust you right now, but I don't think Jack is a good vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Someone made a point about him looking for "friends" that is not characteristic of him and I agree with that. I agree with what S~V~S just said though, I think he's just not into this and would be more into it if he were bad.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i have no significant game experience with tranq so i can't make any meta assessments.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:26 pmFour town reads on Jack, Mac, Jay, and Dom. That's a wide brush that scum TH might be hesitant to use. Bad vegetables might be inclined to leave as many potential suspects on the table as possible. TH eliminates four candidates, three of whom have been anything but stable town reads in the thread, in one instant. Good look.
Good observation. In a game with 90 mafia members, his willingness to drop those names is the opposite of opportunism.
Isn’t TH voting me though?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:55 pm
He got a narrower brush :kadaj:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:55 pm
True. I'll go look back at the progression.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

people with multiple votes:
G-man: Would vote.
Jack: Would not vote.
Mac: Would vote.
Radishes: Am currently voting.
Turnip Head: Would not vote.

I don't hate the way this poll looks. The wide vote spread is encouraging. But we're in the final hour now and it's probably time to start consolidating votes. If anyone has any additional beefs, we're running low on time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Steaming the tamales, which I've never made before and am unlikely to make again. What a pain in the ass. Who came up with the idea of putting dough in corn husks?

I'm here for half an hour.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:48 pm

I am not. I'm not even clear why I'm on the list at all (I get what he has said, I just don't understand why he regards it as a bad thing). I believe I've asked him about this already.
I see that your vote is currently on G-man. How confident is that read? What other names are you considering?
I don't ever have high confidence in a read in early game, and it's been a while since I played with G-Man but out of the people I have looked at I have more confidence in him being bad than others. I thought I was going to move my vote but I can't find someone I feel as strongly about. sabie12 may be bad, I thought Mac had a good point, but I feel like I would just be voting for her because I should move. Should is the operative word - should in who's eyes?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm not inclined to vote for any of the people with single votes. All those people should move.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:57 pm people with multiple votes:
G-man: Would vote.
Jack: Would not vote.
Mac: Would vote.
Radishes: Am currently voting.
Turnip Head: Would not vote.

I don't hate the way this poll looks. The wide vote spread is encouraging. But we're in the final hour now and it's probably time to start consolidating votes. If anyone has any additional beefs, we're running low on time.
Would you lynch JJJ's phony ass? :grin:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”