Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 5]

Post by Dom »

...I'd like to have a nice discourse about Jay v Turnip.

They both sound yucky.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One thing I will grant with Turnip Head is that my mindset may be at least in part a product of process of elimination -- if it's not him, then who?

I think the following people could be Mac teammates at least to the extent of a shrug, in that I don't overtly read them as civilians and cannot dissociate them confidently from Mac:

ColinIsCool
Epignosis
Michelle
speedchuck
TonyStarkPrime
Tranq
Turnip Head
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I could consider ted. I'll need to dig deeper.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jay-- put Turnip and sig aside.
Who do we lynch?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:17 pm Jay-- put Turnip and sig aside.
Who do we lynch?
Gun to my head lynch choice: speedchuck

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

i voted for sig
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:19 pm
Who do we lynch?
Expand
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Obvious sig vote is obvious

I likely won’t be talking much during this day, due to a combination of being extremely busy getting ready for a trip on Wednesday and a firm belief that talking more only helps the scum team when the TK is decided.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 4]

Post by nutella »

Very sorry for contributing my voice to the sprityo push -- toward the end I was believing in his townieness again but couldn't say anything (I echo something jack said earlier about how he felt about it) -- just unfortunate.

The thing about ted implying that sprit might have checked him (which now it seems he probably didn't) was p sketchy and when it was pointed out that there is a scum role (not to mention also the 3p) that appears innocent to role checkers, he reacted kinda oddly which makes me think he might be guilty.

I think G-Man, speed, nanook, and Epi are most likely town (roughly in that order of most confidence to least). Dom is almost certainly town. Jack is basically a lock town in my head, so many mindmelds.

I think one of Jay or TH is on master team with how the two are going after each other and I am leaning Jay is the wolf and TH is the bait that Jay has decided to latch onto as an easy scapegoat.

I think juliets is probably town even if jay is scum, maybe especially if jay is scum lol with how much he is leaning on her townieness it's almost like pocketing/could be tmi based.

Tony, Colin, Michelle, Tranq, and Sloonei are wildcards..... which, looking to the numbers and the poe I have going here, means probably ~3 of them are scum. I remember I had reasons to suspect both Tony and Sloonei as Mac teammates, while I believe some people had arguments for Michelle being antimonitor. Tranq and Colin are both pretty null.

So my current bets are Jay and two of Ted/Tony/Sloonei on the master team, and let's say Michelle antimonitor. Also there's one other 3p somewhere that nobody has really thought about lol.

Tldr roughly tiered rainbow

Jack
Dom
-
Gman
juliets
-
TH
speed
nanook
Epi
-
Colin
Tranq
-
Sloonei
Tony
Michelle
-
Ted
Jay

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:48 pm
I was wrong but my read looks and feels authentic, you even said so yourself earlier. It wasn't until Mac actually flipped that you've now started calling my reads "disingenuous" and considering my contributions to be "nothing". I will pull your quotes if I have to. I can see now that you were being opportunistic at the time when you called my read of him authentic, and you are being opportunistic again after his flip, calling my reads "disingenuous" and "nothing".
You're taking advantage of my reads
when
they
suit
your
agenda

You are Mac's actual teammate, I'm the unwitting pawn on your chessboard.

He hadn't flipped yet = turnip's reads look real and good
After Mac flips = I hate all of turnip's read, bullet point by bullet point
Yeah I like this. I think Jay is likely Mac's teammate going after the easy TH bait. Jay's change of heart and "case" on TH is pretty convenient and feels disingenuous. I'm in favor of lynching Jay. Jay vs TH counter wagons may be very interesting and enlightening indeed.

Shit I mean, after you get rid of sig, ugh I keep forgetting that still has to happen today.

Who do we lynch?
Wow bad and wrong and fake opinion tbh.

Listen to your friendly neighborhood ghost's spicy uninformed opinions, even if they're sometimes wrong :beer: Lynch Jay :beer: I mean, after sig, lol >_>
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

Who do we lynch?
*snort*
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Yeah Jay and TH are not town/town.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:59 pm
Tldr roughly tiered rainbow

Jack
Dom
-
Gman
juliets
-
TH
speed
nanook
Epi
-
Colin
Tranq
-
Sloonei
Tony
Michelle
-
Ted
Jay
This whole f**king rainbow is red.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:14 pm ...I'd like to have a nice discourse about Jay v Turnip.

They both sound yucky.
This.

As an aside, can I say how much I dislike being green peeked? Like my specialty is being in the right rang off suspicious that I don’t get nightkilled, evaluating pushes against me and not getting lynched. A green peek eliminates the first two and is a duplication of the third.

Like imo don’t peek obvious townies or wolves. Peek players you have no fucking clue what side they’re on.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:12 pm Turnip Head on MacDougall:

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:43 pm @Turnip Head can you extrapolate on your Dom/Nutella worldview please?
I mean I could, but I'm sure it could be refuted by logic and big brains
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:23 am
S~V~S wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:54 amWhen I am bad, I tend to try to make a big case and a big splash early to distract from lurking teammates, but I am an outlier. Most people don't do this. Of the people making big splashy cases, I found Mac the most suspish. He is also an outlier in general, and I saw him do something like it when he was bad when I hosted the Champs game with TH several years ago; make a big splashy play. @Turnip Head,do you recall this? It was end game, though, so not exactly the same, I was thinking more of his thread play.
I remember Mac being a hilariously evil genius in that game, but not the specific play you're referring to
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:53 pm Townish people:
G-man
Turnip (?)
Juliets (?)
Nook (?)
Ted (?)
Sig?

Scum:
Almost everyone else?
Jack town
Mac town
Jimmy town
Dom town
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:45 am
Dom wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:17 am Mac, I once again am asking you to clarify why you wanted someone you claim is baddie (me) to corroborate a piece of evidence for you.
Because there are two scum teams
Mac is town, this quote is exhibit A
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:02 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:57 am What's up?
We're rescuing Mac from getting wreckt
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:16 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:05 am Cause town has perverse incentive to cooperate with scum that have good SRs on the opposite team, so you see mac as doing that and think it’s a townie mindset

Would be my guess anyways
That's exactly what I think. Baddie Mac doesn't make that post, his instinct would be to write with a different angle
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:10 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:05 am Cause town has perverse incentive to cooperate with scum that have good SRs on the opposite team, so you see mac as doing that and think it’s a townie mindset

I really really really really dislike his flip flop on how he read me and Nutella. He declared me a wolf and Nutella one we should follow after the two of us started battling. Then like 12 hours later, I was town and Nutella was scum because I read her perfectly.

His argument for Nutella being scum exists in its entirety at the time he expressed a strong townread on her. His read change does not come from a town perspective. It comes from a scum perspective mimicking townplay, ie trusting Jack's Nutella read.
Why would baddie Mac express a strong townread on nutella and then flip flop just as soon? Why would a bad guy do that? It's a townie maneuever, just like your exact opposite flip flop was (I assume) townie.
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:20 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:17 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:16 am

That's exactly what I think. Baddie Mac doesn't make that post, his instinct would be to write with a different angle
idgi
you said essentially the same thing one post before mine (I got caught in linki), so I think you do get it...
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 am [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine I don't like his unwavering suspicion of Mac and I especially don't like his reasoning re: Mac's changing opinion of Nutella
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:48 am Does anyone know how many toes MacDougall has? This is important to my read of him. He may not even be able to wear civ shoes.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 am For real though Mac is clearly town and anyone who can't see that is not trying hard enough
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:40 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:14 pm I have been calling TH one of my top townreads on gut, but I can't deny they're compatible with mac
Because we're soulmates
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:49 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:45 pm I am a sorcerer and each day I say “Abrica-fucking-dabra, Kalamazoo, I’m gonna make a rabbit out of you!” and nothing happens it will become more obvious.
Really? That's neat.
Really cool. Goes nowhere
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:18 am The case on Mac is top notch cringe mainly driven by Sig's woman scorned persona
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:23 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:18 am Anybody got thoughts about ted?
I appreciate his existence and would prefer it to continue
What if he just lived on as a ghost for a little bit
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:48 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:44 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:37 am He also compared you to g-man as if that's his pet vote
I don't follow your point here?
Like why would a civ bother doing that. He's setting up a "suspicion" in the same breath as "defending" you
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:01 am I encourage everybody to read in detail those Ted quotes that Mac posted, and tell me if that's not a scum looking for a read on Mac while pushing a g-man scapegoat agenda
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:44 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:34 am
nutella wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:14 am This is a fun take. In a world where Mac isn't on the Master team I could entertain a world where Ted is. Also yeah I feel like we haven't heard from him in a while.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:01 am I encourage everybody to read in detail those Ted quotes that Mac posted, and tell me if that's not a scum looking for a read on Mac while pushing a g-man scapegoat agenda
Okay I’m getting lost in all of these nets but this definitely doesn’t scan. If Ted is scum, he knows that Mac is not. He doesn’t need to probe Mac to try to find that.
Mr. Stark I know you're a billionaire Playboy genius but there's two mafia teams...
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:54 am TonyStarkPrime
Yes because Ted is bad and unsure if Mac is on the other team, but leaning towards him not being in the other tean
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:08 pm
sig wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:51 pm @Turnip Head
I see you why not switch to Mac?

Tell me why your voting me vs him?
Mac is town and you're maybe town. The thread seems convinced that you're both bad, if I had my way we'd be lynching Ted or pressuring jack

Gripes, starting with colored stuff:

Yellow: TH isn't merely defending Mac, they're telling us what Mac's instincts are. How should they know? That looks bogus to me.

Orange: TH's read on Mac is standout; the language they used and confidence they expressed were one of a kind in his posts. And there's close to nothing to justify that confidence. What follows is as much as there was:

Burnt orange: The read is heavily predicated upon Mac's flip of his nutella read. First of all, the entire premise that this is something mafia don't do is just balogna. Of course they do that. They do it all the time. Second, assigning that assessment to MacDougall of all people is additionally hard to believe. Mac is capable of just about anything, and one needn't play many games with him to determine that. Third, even if one accepts the premise that this was a "good look", it makes no sense to me for the look to be so good that Mac is rendered beyond reproach.

The read looks fake to me.
I was wrong but my read looks and feels authentic, you even said so yourself earlier. It wasn't until Mac actually flipped that you've now started calling my reads "disingenuous" and considering my contributions to be "nothing". I will pull your quotes if I have to. I can see now that you were being opportunistic at the time when you called my read of him authentic, and you are being opportunistic again after his flip, calling my reads "disingenuous" and "nothing".
You're taking advantage of my reads
when
they
suit
your
agenda

You are Mac's actual teammate, I'm the unwitting pawn on your chessboard.

He hadn't flipped yet = turnip's reads look real and good
After Mac flips = I hate all of turnip's read, bullet point by bullet point
Pull the quotes.

I'm very inclined to believe you over Jay if you show your work.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:15 pm One thing I will grant with Turnip Head is that my mindset may be at least in part a product of process of elimination -- if it's not him, then who?

I think the following people could be Mac teammates at least to the extent of a shrug, in that I don't overtly read them as civilians and cannot dissociate them confidently from Mac:

ColinIsCool
Epignosis
Michelle
speedchuck
TonyStarkPrime
Tranq
Turnip Head
It's not process of elimination if you have 7 suspects.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hero play and lynch Jay instead of Sig.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:15 pm One thing I will grant with Turnip Head is that my mindset may be at least in part a product of process of elimination -- if it's not him, then who?

ColinIsCool
Epignosis
Michelle
speedchuck
TonyStarkPrime
Tranq
Turnip Head
It's not process of elimination if you have 7 suspects.
The point is that if I remove TH from that group, I'm left with 3 of 6 with a bunch of default options (people that could work, but drawing a confident connection is a tall order) like Tranq or Tony. It amounts to shrugging.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:24 pm
Who do we lynch?
Expand
I can't remember posts from him that made me feel like he is innocent. He has floated around and amounted to next to no production or memorable anything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jack tell me why Epignosis is not Mac's teammate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: sig ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] tell me about that vote

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] what is your read on me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:30 am @TonyStarkPrime tell me about that vote
That was the first “not Sig” candidate vote. It’s representative of an idea, and a poorly formed one.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:31 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:30 am @TonyStarkPrime tell me about that vote
That was the first “not Sig” candidate vote. It’s representative of an idea, and a poorly formed one.
I can’t get a grasp on Jack. It makes me uncomfortable.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cool. Can you try to expand to some degree on the poorly formed idea?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I don’t feel comfortable with anyone. Except Epi.
So why is Epi town?
Because why not?
There’s no one I feel has adequately separated themselves from scum enough on interaction to avoid suspicion, and outside of interaction my instinct trigger is that Epi is good. That’s all.
Dom can be good too.
Jack can be good but I don’t like that I can’t feel it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I doubt he's Mac's teammate. The anti-monitor team is plausible; I think he looks generally authentic though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:30 am @Sloonei what is your read on me?
town
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:36 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:30 am @Sloonei what is your read on me?
town
I feel like we've been less connected in this game than in games past. I grant that we've both had less time to be here for whatever reasons.

What do you think of Epignosis?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:34 am
Cool. Can you try to expand to some degree on the poorly formed idea?
Day 4 I would have advocated hard for the lynch Sig plan. I did, to some extent, in our three person bubble. Today I think that we’re perhaps better off searching elsewhere — for two main reasons:
1) Three townies just died. With a missed Night 5 kill and then a likely Day 6 AM lynch (since the masters team knows who AM is, I think), we’re at 10v3 going into day 7 with no leads. With a good Night 5 kill, 11v2. I think we can pull off better than that with other options.
2) I don’t want this day to go nowhere.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:36 am
town
I feel like we've been less connected in this game than in games past. I grant that we've both had less time to be here for whatever reasons.

What do you think of Epignosis?
I do not have a firm read on him. I haven't given him much attention.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I plan on doing things tomorrow. I should have clearer reads then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The reason Jay can't find Mac's team is cause he's on Mac's team gottem.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I could be a godfather. :nicenod:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have noticed a specific trend in past games in which I've caught mafia epi. I have not observed that trend in this game, but I haven't looked very closely at him either.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 am Day 4 I would have advocated hard for the lynch Sig plan. I did, to some extent, in our three person bubble. Today I think that we’re perhaps better off searching elsewhere — for two main reasons:
1) Three townies just died. With a missed Night 5 kill and then a likely Day 6 AM lynch (since the masters team knows who AM is, I think), we’re at 10v3 going into day 7 with no leads. With a good Night 5 kill, 11v2. I think we can pull off better than that with other options.
I don't necessarily disagree with your strategic perspective. I'm lynching sig anyway to eliminate his role. I was referring to the idea underlying your vote for Turnip Head instead of [insert some other non-sig player here].

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

As an aside, I don’t feel as comfortable in bigger games. Now that we’re down to 17, this is more manageable, but it’s still a lot to keep track of.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:41 am The reason Jay can't find Mac's team is cause he's on Mac's team gottem.
Do you think juliets is bad?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:27 am Jack tell me why Epignosis is not Mac's teammate.
Cause then you wouldn't be so suspicious of him. :haha:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:42 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 am Day 4 I would have advocated hard for the lynch Sig plan. I did, to some extent, in our three person bubble. Today I think that we’re perhaps better off searching elsewhere — for two main reasons:
I don't necessarily disagree with your strategic perspective. I'm lynching sig anyway to eliminate his role. I was referring to the idea underlying your vote for Turnip Head instead of [insert some other non-sig player here].
first option that came to mind. It’s not instinct, it’s a “this person has been talked about as possible scum”. No other reason. Instinct would be pointed at Sloonei still.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:43 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:41 am The reason Jay can't find Mac's team is cause he's on Mac's team gottem.
Tbd.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:27 am Jack tell me why Epignosis is not Mac's teammate.
Cause then you wouldn't be so suspicious of him. :haha:
One of your biggest blind spots as a player is your inability to view the suspicions of your suspects through an objective lens. You suspect me. Great, wonderful, super. Tell me why Epignosis isn't Mac's teammate. I am literally asking for your perspective here. Maybe I'll agree with it. :shrug2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:45 am
Tbd.
Then you're probably the anti-monitor.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Is it likely that AM used both night kill protections?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention], thoughts please

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:46 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:45 am
Tbd.
Then you're probably the anti-monitor.
K. Push me. ;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:24 am
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:24 pm
Who do we lynch?
Expand
I can't remember posts from him that made me feel like he is innocent. He has floated around and amounted to next to no production or memorable anything.
...what game are you trying to solve?
It isn't this one.
Thought you suspected speedchuck?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:51 am K. Push me. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:53 am ...what game are you trying to solve?
It isn't this one.
:rolleyes:
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:53 am
Thought you suspected speedchuck?
I suspect more than one player.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”