Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 5]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Who is on Mac’s team?
Everybody. One or two names only. No reasoning allowed. We all have generally good instincts here, who’s given you bad vibes?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729

Post by Sloonei »

This is my Michelle theory, for those who were not in our thread yesterday:

When the day began, Michelle had compiled a long chain of posts from speedchuck from this thread (the one we are all currently posting in) which she used to push a suspicion against The Chuck (and she would later walk back a fair amount of this case in a way that might have been dishonest, but that's not my main issue).

Speedchuck was one of just five people that Michelle shared that thread with. He also had apparently been singled out as a suspect by her coming into that day. This seemed either convenient or coincidental to me.

Separately, I had a theory that the events of yesterday were triggered by sig, as his role (The Architect) is derived from Inception Mafia, it contains secrets, and he was almost a sure bet to be lynched that coming day, so there would be no better time for him to trigger the hypothetical Inception event in his role card. IF this is the case (and that is an enormous if), then there are two people who would have known that the thread split was coming: sig and sig's partner. In the original Inception Mafia game (which Jay and I co-hosted), the mafia team was allowed limited control over which players submerged onto each dream level.

If sig's partner was preparing to submerge into a lower dream level, they would likely want to take a player with them who they could use as a scapegoat for suspicion, or someone who is unlikely to cast suspicion on them in particular. speedchuck could conceivably be a viable candidate for both of those things. So the theory is this: Michelle, as sig's partner/the anti-monitor, was aware that she was going to submerge into a smaller thread, and brought speedchuck with her, having pre-planned an attack against him for that day.

There are holes in this theory that I acknowledge: given that there was only one lynch yesterday (the top level/player with the most votes across all three levels) there should not have been much urgency for Michelle to need a scapegoat like this; it's also not at all impossible that Michelle suspected speedchuck and wanted to ISO him, and it was purely coincidental that they ended up in the same thread together. But the fact that Michelle had singularly prepared to launch an investigation against speedchuck yesterday (I asked her if she had compiled posts on anybody else and she said no) and then ended up in the same small group as him stood out to me as a remarkable coincidence.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

how do you know it was the player with the top number of votes among all three levels?
Was that how it worked in the original?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:43 am This is my Michelle theory, for those who were not in our thread yesterday:

When the day began, Michelle had compiled a long chain of posts from speedchuck from this thread (the one we are all currently posting in) which she used to push a suspicion against The Chuck (and she would later walk back a fair amount of this case in a way that might have been dishonest, but that's not my main issue).

Speedchuck was one of just five people that Michelle shared that thread with. He also had apparently been singled out as a suspect by her coming into that day. This seemed either convenient or coincidental to me.

Separately, I had a theory that the events of yesterday were triggered by sig, as his role (The Architect) is derived from Inception Mafia, it contains secrets, and he was almost a sure bet to be lynched that coming day, so there would be no better time for him to trigger the hypothetical Inception event in his role card. IF this is the case (and that is an enormous if), then there are two people who would have known that the thread split was coming: sig and sig's partner. In the original Inception Mafia game (which Jay and I co-hosted), the mafia team was allowed limited control over which players submerged onto each dream level.

If sig's partner was preparing to submerge into a lower dream level, they would likely want to take a player with them who they could use as a scapegoat for suspicion, or someone who is unlikely to cast suspicion on them in particular. speedchuck could conceivably be a viable candidate for both of those things. So the theory is this: Michelle, as sig's partner/the anti-monitor, was aware that she was going to submerge into a smaller thread, and brought speedchuck with her, having pre-planned an attack against him for that day.

There are holes in this theory that I acknowledge: given that there was only one lynch yesterday (the top level/player with the most votes across all three levels) there should not have been much urgency for Michelle to need a scapegoat like this; it's also not at all impossible that Michelle suspected speedchuck and wanted to ISO him, and it was purely coincidental that they ended up in the same thread together. But the fact that Michelle had singularly prepared to launch an investigation against speedchuck yesterday (I asked her if she had compiled posts on anybody else and she said no) and then ended up in the same small group as him stood out to me as a remarkable coincidence.
this is a bad theory but I see where it’s coming from
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:35 am Who is on Mac’s team?
Everybody. One or two names only. No reasoning allowed. We all have generally good instincts here, who’s given you bad vibes?
Colin and you. :hugs:

caveat that i haven't been in this thread for 48 hours and plan to do interactive shit later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:47 am how do you know it was the player with the top number of votes among all three levels?
Was that how it worked in the original?
LC said so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

so the idea was put Speed and Michelle in Div 2 when Speed is already a popular lynch option and then hope that no one emerges from Div 1?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:43 am This is my Michelle theory, for those who were not in our thread yesterday:

It was a slow day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:49 am
Colin and you. :hugs:

caveat that i haven't been in this thread for 48 hours and plan to do interactive shit later.
:hugs:
I look forward to our continuing tango.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:50 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:49 am

It was a slow day.
u n d e r s t a n d a b l e
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:50 am so the idea was put Speed and Michelle in Div 2 when Speed is already a popular lynch option and then hope that no one emerges from Div 1?
:shrug: At the time I didn't know what the lynch mechanics looked like. Maybe she would have wanted a player to scapegoat down there just to be on the safe side. Then again, if Michelle is the anti-monitor and has a -2 vote on her, then the chances of her getting lynched in a 6 person thread are pretty slim to begin with.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

We even got the votes to work out perfectly to test out the theory if the mechanics had been the same as Original Inception: 3 votes on Michelle and 2 on speedchuck. If Michelle was in fact the anti-monitor, speedchuck would have been our level's non-fatal lynch victim, and we would have been able to surmise that Michelle was the anti-monitor. But alas...
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Where even is Michelle? I feel like I wasn't there for the one thing she actually did, does she only exist in a bizarro world? Could she have been forced to case speedchuck? There's no evidence that this actually happened, I almost don't believe it did and we're still in a dream, but like in real life
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would also like to add, though, that sig being in a 3-person thread with you (tony) and Tranq strengthens my belief that he triggered the thread split. If I was sig and I wanted a chance to survive a 3-person lylo/limbo phase (which was the mission in the original game) and I had control over one of the players that I brought with me, I'd choose Tranq 10 times out of 10 (meaning no offense. He's just been the lightest contributor and would be the most likely to simply no-show).
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i wasn't planning on doing any mafia things at all tonight and now it's 2 AM.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:59 am I would also like to add, though, that sig being in a 3-person thread with you (tony) and Tranq strengthens my belief that he triggered the thread split. If I was sig and I wanted a chance to survive a 3-person lylo/limbo phase (which was the mission in the original game) and I had control over one of the players that I brought with me, I'd choose Tranq 10 times out of 10 (meaning no offense. He's just been the lightest contributor and would be the most likely to simply no-show).
Get with the times, we already figured this out
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Time moves slower in slooneiville
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jimmy and juliets, with a side order of, idk, Tony?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:02 am Time moves slower in slooneiville
I was in a dream. Have you even seen Inception?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:07 am
Yeah and no one flies or does anything remotely weird or dreamlike. That movie is bullshit.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

The only surreal things in inception are the environments, and even those are, like, a hotel and a ski resort... What a concept
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:07 am
Yeah and no one flies or does anything remotely weird or dreamlike. That movie is bullshit.
The actual inception takes place on airplane in-flight. Vote turnip head.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I thought it was a train
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I was going to rewatch Inception last night but I went with Goodfellas instead — hadn’t seen it. It’s brilliant.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:15 am I was going to rewatch Inception last night but I went with Goodfellas instead — hadn’t seen it. It’s brilliant.
That was my idea
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:15 am I thought it was a train
the first extraction scene at the beginning of the movie takes place on a train, if i remember correctly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

I like how y'all lynched me over Sig based on Dyslexicon's really excellent logic of keeping Sig alive and hunting the AM and just blocking Sig etc. so my team doesn't inherit the kill but now instead of hunting the AM you're all just lynching Sig. Dizzy asked me to tell you you're dumb fucks.

By the way it's very obviously Nanook.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Do we trust the word of a dead man?
Vote: Nanook
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:04 am
Nailed it. 3/3.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:22 am
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:04 am
Nailed it. 3/3.
curses foiled again
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by tedxtr »

After endless hours of constant probing and self-doubt I think I’m satisfied with this lynch list

Dyslexicon
Epignosis
juliets
Michelle
nutella
S~V~S

Sloonei
tedxtr
TonyStarkPrime
sprityo
Tranq
Turnip Head

ColinIsCool
Dom
Dragomir

G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
MacDougall
Master Radishes
NANOOK
sabie12
sig
speedchuck
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

My favorite thing about this list is that the light green sections is just basically the last 6 names alphabetically with a bit of skew
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Finished inception. Lots of trains.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

TH
??

OR

JJJ
Sloonei

maybe?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

Way to drop the ball team 2
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:44 am Way to drop the ball team 2
In which sig says "hey look, i'll stop the night kills if you just keep me alive" :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

oh ted is probably bad too, right? wasn't he the one that floated that sprit had checked him?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 am oh ted is probably bad too, right? wasn't he the one that floated that sprit had checked him?
Why would that be a bad thing?

Even as a dead man he still can’t find one post of mine which he allegedly town reads
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I didn’t like hard claim it, I assumed it was the case because of his shit town read that he can’t back up still
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm about to dive back in to Turnip Head but before I do, two questions and a comment based on the conversation last night.

I see talk about [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] and whether he is town. I thought sprityo green peeked Jack, is that not the case?

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] you said a couple of times you think I am bad. Why? I am putting in the work on you to arrive at a decision and I expect you to do the same with me.

[mention]Dom[/mention] I will give you some specific things that cause me to see Jay as town at the moment but I want to finish looking at Turnip Head first.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 am
sig wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:44 am Way to drop the ball team 2
In which sig says "hey look, i'll stop the night kills if you just keep me alive" :p
:shrug:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:59 am I would also like to add, though, that sig being in a 3-person thread with you (tony) and Tranq strengthens my belief that he triggered the thread split. If I was sig and I wanted a chance to survive a 3-person lylo/limbo phase (which was the mission in the original game) and I had control over one of the players that I brought with me, I'd choose Tranq 10 times out of 10 (meaning no offense. He's just been the lightest contributor and would be the most likely to simply no-show).
:omg:

Pretty sure your barking up the wrong tree entirely
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:42 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 am oh ted is probably bad too, right? wasn't he the one that floated that sprit had checked him?

Even as a dead man he still can’t find one post of mine which he allegedly town reads
...because there's a baddie who shows up as civ on a check.

Yikes, man.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] ISO

Day 3

Votes for Michelle because he doesn't see the town fire in her. I understand his feeling about her because I was seeing the same thing.

Says "Mac is clearly town and anyone who can't see that is not trying hard enough". This is a pretty strong statement about Mac and is consistent with the thought he is on Mac's team. Devils advocate - would he say this if he were on a team with Mac? Then comes the line about the case on Mac being top notch cringe being driven by sig's scorned woman persona. This is just not a good look for Turnip Head. I don't see him taking a look at Mac in depth either to drive these statements.

Says that Jack's flip on nutella doesn't look natural it looks contrived. I thought Jack walked through his reversal of nutella very thoroughly and it did look natural. He also says not every progression makes it onto a page which I agree with but I agree with Jack who says that kind of progression doesn't look natural.

Asks what if Dizzy's ghost is possessed by someone else? I don't understand where this comes from.

Questions whether people have reads on ted, points out his vote is still on G-Man, says he's a bit sketchy when Mac says he'd like to see ted stick around. Says ted's read on Mac (ted has defended Mac) is a baddie making a gut call. I don't hate this, ted's vote was still on G-Man (though we found out later ted just hadn't been online) and he's disagreeing with Mac. Then says:
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:01 am I encourage everybody to read in detail those Ted quotes that Mac posted, and tell me if that's not a scum looking for a read on Mac while pushing a g-man scapegoat agenda
I believe he really believes this. I haven't done a detailed look at ted but Turnip's ted read sounds natural.

When pushed by S~V~S regarding the Dizzy possession read he says he was just being silly which I guess it ok.

Says that Mac is town and sig is maybe town and he's rather see us vote ted or push Jack. He follows that up with a vote for Jack. Ends the day there with Mac even though the vote battle was between Mac and sig. I don't like the fact that he didn't join one of these two wagons, both bad.

I have to stop here because it's getting to be time for me to go to work. Will pick up when I return.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh and

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

"Look at me! I am civ, the alignment checker said as much."

*alignment checker denies*

*there is a baddie role that shows up as civ on a role check*

:hmmm:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

juliets wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:25 am Oh and

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
:disappoint:
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

srry sig
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Wait... there's still someone else on sig's team right?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:24 am
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:42 am

...because there's a baddie who shows up as civ on a check.

Yikes, man.
so you're saying I shouldn't point out how shit sprit's town read on me is and associating it with a cop clear is scummy, just because there is a role that appears green to cop checks?

what if there wasn't one in the list and it was a secret instead? would it still be scummy? :ponder:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”