Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 6]

Post by juliets »

Nanook RIP. I wish to hell you could talk.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 5]

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:33 pm Why I see Jay as town:

I am not finished refreshing myself on Jay's posts but I am going to stop where I am (Night 2) and list some summary reasons why I am seeing Jay as town. I am sure I will have more as I continue on but this at least gets it started.

* Jay comes out of the shoot poking and prodding at everyone, giving opinions about their answers. He gives opinions of people outside his reads lists. He is constantly asking questions of everyone. This is a hallmark of the civ style I have seen from Jay. Imo all of these behaviors point to him hunting baddies and sharing opinions to try and start bringing together the town. He gives a reads list as early as Day 0 where he gives pluses and minuses. sig, Radish and Mac are all minuses. You only need to read a couple of pages of his ISO to see these behaviors if you want to.

* This is similar but a bit different from the first point. He not only doesn't avoid discussion about people he inserts himself in discussion or starts the discussion. He is involved in everything. And the points he makes seem to me to be thorough and I can't get inside his head but they appear thought through.

* When people town read him or say they trust him he asks for them to explain these reads. IMO he is trying to make sure people are not just throwing cheap reads out or trying to buddy him. There are others that do this, Dom and Epi to name two, and I see it as a civ behavior if done often.

* On Night 1/Day 2 he makes comments about Mac all of which are unfavorable. My point here is not that there is an in depth argument for Mac being bad but that the frequency of posts where he says unfavorable things about Mac is more than someone would do who was trying to distance. I might not have a complete list because I didn't notice the frequency at first but here is what I noted and remember this is just through Day 2:
Calls Mac weak for hanging from Jack's balls

Says Mac and his big D are aligned with mafia

Asks Jack: What do you hate most about Mac and his big D?

Says sig shitting all over Mac when he was one posted was Ace.

Says I could Lynch Mac for the crime of being irrelevant

Expands on irrelevant: only one thing he's done, parrot Jack so he had no personal accountability for nutella flip. Left in in Jack's lap.

Says "You're gonna die" when Mac asks someone to give him cliffs

Replies "This sucks" to Mac's post about Dom tunneling him

When ted defends Mac Jay challenges ted

Says he is uninspired by Mac's N1 and asks "why is Mac civilian"

TH asks "why would Mac do x,y,z as scum?" and Jay says "you have just described mafiaosco Mac"

Makes post 2652 on why Mac's reversal on nutella is not a reason to call him civ (sorry I don't know how to link it)

I say Mac is not behaving as he did in Inception where he was bad. Jay says Mac is not binary

Tells Dizzy Mac is not one of those players he would read as civ for saying he would be sad to be lynched (Dizzy asked)

Says to G-Man: ""You seem to be honoring Mac's call for help. This does not make me feel good."
* He does interactive analysis of everyone with Radish and everyone with Mac (I looked ahead to remember if he had done Mac). This is a time intensive endeavor and Jay has told us he is short of time. I don't think a scum Jay would spend this much time trying to help town.

I know you all mostly do not agree with me but this is how I see it through Day 2. I would really like to see what the case against Jay is. I know Epi thinks he sounded phony. It would be nice if someone else who thinks he is bad would explain their thoughts.

I will post more summary thoughts as I go through the rest of his posts. I may be going to bed now but I will answer any questions in the morning.
Let me ask you a question: Have you ever argued JJJ was bad before? If you have experienced bad JJJ, what was it like, and how did it compare to this?

That was several questions I know. I'll consider your view juliets. I don't think you are bad anyway.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

At least I have some people I feel good about.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Dom] aubergine to see the poll. Will change later.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:30 pm Oh wait yeah the AM killed last night. He’s only at +1 vote, possibly tied with someone else due to award presenter and very likely behind Agatha.

I say we have two public votes and all privately vote for the most consensus target to override mafia secret vote.
huh?
Antimonitor has -2 votes against him by default. Antimonitor killed last night, giving him +3 votes due to Nanook2's death. This is a net +1 vote.

Award presenter can give +1 or -1 votes against a player.

Agatha gains votes for using actions and can remove them by taking no action.

So the Antimonitor has 1 vote to start, Agatha probably has at least 1 vote to start and another player may have 1 vote to start as well.

So basically, the bodyguard could have given us a free lynch but it didn't. Might help the case of a tie though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Tony, why speed?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:30 pm Oh wait yeah the AM killed last night. He’s only at +1 vote, possibly tied with someone else due to award presenter and very likely behind Agatha.

I say we have two public votes and all privately vote for the most consensus target to override mafia secret vote.
huh?
Antimonitor has -2 votes against him by default. Antimonitor killed last night, giving him +3 votes due to Nanook2's death. This is a net +1 vote.

So the Antimonitor has 1 vote to start, Agatha probably has at least 1 vote to start and another player may have 1 vote to start as well.

So basically, the bodyguard could have given us a free lynch but it didn't. Might help the case of a tie though.
What are you proposing Jack?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:38 pm

I am not finished refreshing myself on Jay's posts but I am going to stop where I am (Night 2) and list some summary reasons why I am seeing Jay as town. I am sure I will have more as I continue on but this at least gets it started.

* Jay comes out of the shoot poking and prodding at everyone, giving opinions about their answers. He gives opinions of people outside his reads lists. He is constantly asking questions of everyone. This is a hallmark of the civ style I have seen from Jay. Imo all of these behaviors point to him hunting baddies and sharing opinions to try and start bringing together the town. He gives a reads list as early as Day 0 where he gives pluses and minuses. sig, Radish and Mac are all minuses. You only need to read a couple of pages of his ISO to see these behaviors if you want to.

* This is similar but a bit different from the first point. He not only doesn't avoid discussion about people he inserts himself in discussion or starts the discussion. He is involved in everything. And the points he makes seem to me to be thorough and I can't get inside his head but they appear thought through.

* When people town read him or say they trust him he asks for them to explain these reads. IMO he is trying to make sure people are not just throwing cheap reads out or trying to buddy him. There are others that do this, Dom and Epi to name two, and I see it as a civ behavior if done often.

* On Night 1/Day 2 he makes comments about Mac all of which are unfavorable. My point here is not that there is an in depth argument for Mac being bad but that the frequency of posts where he says unfavorable things about Mac is more than someone would do who was trying to distance. I might not have a complete list because I didn't notice the frequency at first but here is what I noted and remember this is just through Day 2:

Expands on irrelevant: only one thing he's done, parrot Jack so he had no personal accountability for nutella flip. Left in in Jack's lap.

TH asks "why would Mac do x,y,z as scum?" and Jay says "you have just described mafiaosco Mac"

Makes post 2652 on why Mac's reversal on nutella is not a reason to call him civ (sorry I don't know how to link it)

I say Mac is not behaving as he did in Inception where he was bad. Jay says Mac is not binary

Tells Dizzy Mac is not one of those players he would read as civ for saying he would be sad to be lynched (Dizzy asked)

Says to G-Man: ""You seem to be honoring Mac's call for help. This does not make me feel good."
* He does interactive analysis of everyone with Radish and everyone with Mac (I looked ahead to remember if he had done Mac). This is a time intensive endeavor and Jay has told us he is short of time. I don't think a scum Jay would spend this much time trying to help town.

I know you all mostly do not agree with me but this is how I see it through Day 2. I would really like to see what the case against Jay is. I know Epi thinks he sounded phony. It would be nice if someone else who thinks he is bad would explain their thoughts.

I will post more summary thoughts as I go through the rest of his posts. I may be going to bed now but I will answer any questions in the morning.
Let me ask you a question: Have you ever argued JJJ was bad before? If you have experienced bad JJJ, what was it like, and how did it compare to this?

That was several questions I know. I'll consider your view juliets. I don't think you are bad anyway.
I have never argued JJJ was bad. I think I've only played with bad Jay once and I don't remember him being around very much, at least not like normal. I tell you what though, I will look at a bad Jay in a game so I can refresh my memory. Do you know one where he was bad? Also Epi, if you have played with bad Jay I'd be interested in your opinion of how he plays when bad.

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] can you give me a game where you were a baddie?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:47 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 pm

huh?

What are you proposing Jack?
A normal day with two lynches and the most consensus suspect being voted for by all townies. Possibly that suspect is TH.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:38 pm

I have never argued JJJ was bad. I think I've only played with bad Jay once and I don't remember him being around very much, at least not like normal. I tell you what though, I will look at a bad Jay in a game so I can refresh my memory. Do you know one where he was bad? Also Epi, if you have played with bad Jay I'd be interested in your opinion of how he plays when bad.

@JaggedJimmyJay can you give me a game where you were a baddie?
Yes, I hosted one:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... =28&t=1051
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 pm Tony, why speed?
Just a gentle Day 5 prod
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

[VOTE: Jay] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All of a sudden...nobody suspects JJJ?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Question-- [mention]Long Con[/mention] [mention]Black Rock[/mention]

If someone gets the 3 extra votes from Harriet's power, would they know about it?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to chase something things..

speedchuck;

Who is bad and who is good?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TH
Ted
Jay
Colin

hey guys--

what's up?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 pm Tony, why speed?
Just a gentle Day 5 prod
On Day 5 Speed mostly just pushed for Nanook from what I remember, though he put Nanook in the same tier as JJJ and two other players. Nanook is now dead. I see no reason to townread Speed. So I figured I’d get a head start on a case that isn’t JJJ or TH.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Someone make a case for a good Ted.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:08 pm Someone make a case for a good Ted.
I said why I think ted is good to juliets.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

link?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jesus Dom it was yesterday or so. :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 pm - Says ted is good -Epi, can you talk about your read on ted? I don't see it that way at this point.
I like the cut of his jib. His posts look reckless and I don't sense an agenda. I gave him shit early on (and later accused him of not responding but he did), and his response didn't sound manufactured to me.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:05 pm TH
Ted
Jay
Colin

hey guys--

what's up?
I'm good, what's up with you?

Long work week finally ended tonight
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:08 pm Someone make a case for a good Ted.
I can't. Seems shady.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Like he's putting in the minimal amount of effort to be townread
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Won't vote for:

Dom, Epi, G-Man, Jack, Sloonei

Could be convinced to vote mostly anyone else
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:49 pm Won't vote for:

Talk to me about me, epi, and G-man.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:56 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:49 pm Won't vote for:

Talk to me about me, epi, and G-man.
We're best friends, planning a fishing trip
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Much beer
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If it gets us away from the general population for a week or two, I’m in. :faint:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But that was not really an answer, my vegetal friend.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Do you not agree with my reads?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But to pause the mafia game for a moment, I do hope that we all remain healthy and in high spirits over the next couple of weeks. Even if you’re not in the high-risk portion of the population, this is not a very pleasant moment in time. Y’all are the best. :beer:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:08 am Do you not agree with my reads?
Whether I agree or disagree is not the question. I just want to know what the reasons are.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I couldn't say. They feel town
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:17 am I couldn't say. They feel town
Okay. Tell me about your top suspects. You can include the Jay man, but I want at least one other name to go with him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ted
Michelle
Speed
Tony is my pet paranoia read
Colin could be bad but I don't think so
Juliets could be bad but she seems okay for now
Jimmy is acting unjimmyish and begging me to scumread him

I guess that's where I'm at
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Actually gman could be bad. Perhaps I let him off the hook too easy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

In conclusion I have no idea what's happening
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Take me home country roads
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:28 am Ted
Michelle
Speed

Do any of these suspects seem unviable for one team or the other?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Not really
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:08 am But to pause the mafia game for a moment, I do hope that we all remain healthy and in high spirits over the next couple of weeks. Even if you’re not in the high-risk portion of the population, this is not a very pleasant moment in time. Y’all are the best. :beer:
My big magic tournament got cancelled this weekend. No scum reads for you!
Seriously though, prayers for the health of everyone in this mafia game, and everyone else.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

So I have reached the conclusion that someone must be scum. I am going to proceed by thinking of this game as one with one scum team and an SK. There’s no reason to continue to think about this as multiball unless someone seriously wants to track down the anti monitor. Which is unnecessary because it looks like we missed our revive.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Let's not forget about the sntimonitor he has a voting advantage.....,.......
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Tony could be bad, like why isn't he? He's just kinda here
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:41 am So I have reached the conclusion that someone must be scum. I am going to proceed by thinking of this game as one with one scum team and an SK. There’s no reason to continue to think about this as multiball unless someone seriously wants to track down the anti monitor. Which is unnecessary because it looks like we missed our revive.
I’m confused by the second half of this post. Why does the lack of revival have anything to do with the anti-monitor?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Michelle
Speed

You know I am not your fan and put me there just to have a suspects list. You have no reason to Poe me :disappoint:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:33 am
Michelle
Speed

Do any of these suspects seem unviable for one team or the other?
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:35 am Not really
Really? Can you explain how come for everyone?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

hi michelle let's talk
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”