Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 8]

Post by Michelle »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:01 am There's just no world where Sloonei isn't with someone that doesn't have some sort of high presence or having accumulated a lot of town reads. I just can't think about that. It's because of his lists containing lurkers as scum which is always what he's done. There has to be someone active as a mafia and I think that's just juliets. I don't know, maybe I was right for the wrong reasons earlier, but there's just no world for me where juliets isn't mafia. I don't know why or how she is being town read, someone needs to engage me, because I just think you're wrong.

I heard Jay's thoughts on her, I'm moreso looking for thoughts from people like Tranq, TSP, Michelle. Why you scum read her / town read her?
I suspected her in the day 4 dream level. I will go and reread.
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tedxtr on Sloonei

tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:49 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:03 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am Sloonei town

TSP town

Epi scum

Catch y’all later
Why? x3
Tone and swag

That applies to whoever has it and who doesn’t is a scum lean ofc

Actually I thought TSP was being serious so maybe not a town lean anymore because it’s obv not serious so now i dislike the slot a bit :(
Could you please define this swag and also indicate where its absence can be noted?
Swag can’t be identified just felt

It’s just fancy code names for tone reads

Epi was awkward in his exchange with J and you have good tone

Are you gonna get anything from my alignment out of me developing why a tone is good / bad for me? I don’t even think I can do that tbh, it will turn out to be an incoherent chaining of words that don’t help anyone to read me

I just wanted to throw my suspicions out and let people know who I’m observing. It’s page 2 reads anyway, it’s some place to build from.
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:53 am @tedxtr which part of TSP's stuff did you interpret to be serious at first
I thought he actually accused you of being scum so I shotgunned a read on him but when sloonei asked me, I re-read and I saw it was a joke, which made me feel worse about him
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:58 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am Swag can’t be identified just felt

It’s just fancy code names for tone reads

Epi was awkward in his exchange with J and you have good tone

Are you gonna get anything from my alignment out of me developing why a tone is good / bad for me? I don’t even think I can do that tbh, it will turn out to be an incoherent chaining of words that don’t help anyone to read me

I just wanted to throw my suspicions out and let people know who I’m observing. It’s page 2 reads anyway, it’s some place to build from.
Tone reads always have underlying reasons.

I can't tell you what I'm going to get out of anything. I do things so we can all see what happens. Do you not want me to ask you questions?
How’d you twist me explaining why tone reads are holistic and are really subjective into me not wanting you to ask me questions lol. My point was that it’s an unproductive way of sorting me, not that I wouldn’t want you to ask me questions lol

Regarding J’s request, i’ll do it some time later prob in like 30 minutes idk i have class

Cyaaaaa
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:52 pm<3 sloonei
tedxtr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:01 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm Independent of all this: how do we all feel about master radishes?
not having much on him, i don't think there's been anything AI up to this post from him really
tedxtr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:23 am
juliets wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:15 am
@tedxtr in the post you just made that shows a picture of the vote (I think) it's too small for me to see what you've written in. Can you walk through it in text?
The first circle represents the dark forces with an "s" written backwards - Epi , JJJ, nutella, sprit

the second circle is the +Swag pile for town - Sloonei and TSP

the third circle is the Swag pile which is just sig

the last circle is the resistance, which is me and jack voting nutella to bring down the dark forces
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:30 pm sig - S~V~S - Dys - juliets - Sloonei - TSP

maybe in that exact order
tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:23 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:00 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:41 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 am ebwop, proofread fail : Sloonei: civ, of the big three (Jay, Epi, Sloonei) I feel most confident in his civness. In their case I defeulted to civ not so much becasue I have seen their civ game as I haven't seen their bad. With Sloonei, I think I have seen his civ game as well as not seen his bad game.
Uh am i dumb for seeing a slip here? Why is sloonei in red but you have him green?
Tough crowd! It means I cut and pasted this clip from the original post and used the wrong color to highlight it. Still find Sloonei green.
yeah but how can you red lean someone that you were thinking was civvie tho?
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:50 am
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:48 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:30 pm g-man and radishes are partners.
Oh boy do I love this read
Because you’re also on their team?
Yes i’m willingly bussing my team mates and nobody even wants to take my helping hand
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:27 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:25 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:20 am I have major deadlines to honor, and there's no way I'm going to be able to keep up with this right now. I'm going to extract myself for the time being and just pop in for a look when I can. I think things are going swimmingly, so y'all carry on. If you want my take on something, @ me and ideally link me to something. I will try to get to it. Otherwise I will observe for myself.
I compared our results and we both said sig looks like a compatible Radishes teammate. Gimme a quick take on that.
To be fair, in hindsight, I suppose he could’ve faked that derp thing if he knew Radishes was wolf and was just looking for fake associations
tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:39 pm Why are we still talking about this instead of sig’s handling of radishes/sabie?
my methods of hunting put me two scum on a plate

and i think i have a really good point on juliets so i want people to hop in.
tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm Okay but what about his treatment of Radishes?
I heard he ripped the salad part off of the actual radish. Gruesome
tedxtr wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:07 pm I just said the mech thing was merely for me to uncover this mystery and helping people like Sloonei look into their theory and update it based on what I inferred. It’s a win win deal. You’re misconstruing it to be me hunting for the anti-monitor when I haven’t even accused anyone of being an anti-monitor.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:20 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:34 am [VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine

Because the needle never moved on him yesterday.
What is this even saying? What are your thoughts on G-Man and why am I a better lynch than him?
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:11 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:04 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:20 am

What is this even saying? What are your thoughts on G-Man and why am I a better lynch than him?
It means that you were named as a suspect but your wagon never gained any momentum.

G-man is a player who is still technically in my POE, but I do not believe he is mafia. He checks all the boxes I want him to be checking. Sabie pushed a little too much against him for me to think he’s the anti-monitor, and he didn’t look compatible with Mac either.
So you're suggesting my scum partners are some masterminds and we set the thread momentum?

This almost never is the case, but I guess I'll take the fearmongering as a compliment and I'll be sending it further to my non-existent FBI corrupt intel division.
Wut? We had three people up for a lynch yesterday and not much movement happened outside those three names. Two of them were lynched and were town. I don’t think it’s far-fetched to be wary of people who were potentially viable but never got off the ground.

There’s also process of elimination to consider here. There are a handful of people I’d remove from my poop of Mac-teammate-suspects. You’re not one of them.
What's your INDIVIDUAL read of me?
Most of my reads right now are derived from interactive analysis. You are a player that Macdougall had almost nothing to say about, despite you having a lot of (favorable) things to say about him. That stands out to me.

Why is it impossible to believe that your hypothetical mafia team could have manipulated the thread/poll momentum yesterday?
Idgi. If mac had nothing to say to me but I was defending him, do you think that's how he treats a partner? Or someone that he wants to set up after his death? I'm obviously biased in this but I'm trying to understand why you're not reaching the same conclusion, did you make this analysis somewhere / is your explanation out there?

Mafia, in theory, anecdotally, have little to no power in shifting momentum from a player to another, it's ultimately the town's choice. and even if they pulled it off, it would out them in the process, which isn't worth it.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:33 pm @tedxtr which team is g-man on?
master team. i remember having a pet peeve read that people addressed g-man but never really pushed him, and the same thing happened to radishes until he was hard pushed.

if he's just mislynch bait how come people aren't biting the read, especially with Dom and SVS backing them up.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:03 pm so I read the sloonei case and I still can't understand why he's making the leap that I'm scum and not just town, the evidence is circumstantial at best. Who's scum other than me sloonei?
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:10 pm ted's question is valid one. The best evidence that I am not a Master teamer is that I don't fit with anyone else in this damn poll.
If you are bad, you are the anti-monitor. I think.
juicy. why? solely because of him not matching with anyone or is there something else?
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:47 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:13 am How the fuck does my behavior today point to me being on master’s team, what?????
It doesn’t and that’s not what I said. Process of elimination and your interactions suggest you are on that team. Your behavior today is independently suspicious.
so in other words you can't pin me on any team but i'm scummy and should get lynched. even though you don't have any team mates set up with me.
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:06 pm G-man is town because of his vote for Mac on Day 2.
So just because he voted for one person on one of the teams, he's locked town or something?
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:14 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:15 pm Jay never ever ever survives the day without teammates. There’s no way that wasn’t super obvious.
Upon G-Man’s flip, this is highly probable, but does that mean he was bussed from the get-go???

That makes me want to think the initial votes on me were his scum buds

Was it Juliets and Sloonei?

I think both sides of this interaction look clean. Sloonei threw poop at ted on a few occasions based on relatively small stuff, and toward the end it looked more like Sloonei angling for a needed lynch than generic distancing.

Doubt they're teammates
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I have to work now so I will be out of the thread for several hours.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:31 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:29 am
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:27 am Jay, are you saying you think speedchuck knows who you are and that's why it's problematic that he thought you should go first?
It leaves the potential that speedchuck knows who Sloonei is, and that I am not on Sloonei's team. By gluing us together like that and insisting I die first, he protects Sloonei two-fold. Sloonei doesn't get lynched, and when I flip civilian it makes Sloonei look better too -- the connection is severed.
Ok yeah I see what you are saying. Thanks -
Juliets this is not the first time you accept a post and don't give back any answer. Looks odd. Looks like you are satisfied with the answer and accept it but I think you should go further here for eg with your own opinion on Speed, and you say just "thanks".
I understand your lack of time but few words may make the difference and they don't take an eternity to type. Like you don't want to bother anyone...

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime on Sloonei

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 pm I remember squinting my eyes at Tony earlier. Let's look into that.

sorry tony :hugs:
keep tryin you’ll lynch me one of these days
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:47 am I’ll assume that person is scum and lynch them
I think it was this post that gave me the ole squinty eyeballs. I recall Tony making similar joke-posts early on in both Fallout and the Polka Heist, when he was bad. I took a look at the only town game I remember playing with him (Australian Murder Mystery) and he still had a few joke posts early on, but he got down to business pretty quickly. He's more on-topic after this post, but it's the "[Joke about arbitrary suspicion]" brand of post that got my attention.

This is not something that would determine my vote.
I’m just a regular ol jokester
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:57 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:49 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:21 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:19 pm
It's correct. Source: am better at reading Michelle than jack is at reading me.
Is posting excerpts from the Aussie game scum chat bad faith here? Because you are absolutely lying and I am nearing 100% confirmation you are wolf because of it.
What?

What does this have to do with anything

Like I think I get it but it's irrelevant here? My ability to read Michelle still stands...???
The part where you keep downplaying Jack being god tier at reading you. I have demonstrable evidence that you know and highly regard his ability to read you. The lines of logic you are using are fallacious as opposed to what they would naturally be if he was actually wrong.
But what would be they be if he was actually wrong?
Surprised, or she'd have a fierce scum read of him.
I tend to disagree. We’ve seen this a few times with Rej and Drago (I don’t think in any of the cases where one had a strong day 1 read they were v/v, but I’ll have to check) and it’s been discussed there and my general idea is that the usual reaction is bewilderment, general anger, and resignation — in either case.
For me I’m thinking about what I would do if Sloonei came after me with a case in a few days. it’s a technique Sloonei can pull as scum, but I have to assume that Sloonei as town can misread me too or else what am I saying about my own ability as a scum player?

Did Sloonei lynch me in the game we played together as town? I have no recollection of that game at all.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 pm Colin is probably the player I’ve driven the most mislynches against historically. I’m wary of that. None of his posts have stood out to me, but I’ve been operating at less than full capacity the last 72 hours.

G-man has been underwhelming. That becomes more suspicious the later we get into the game.
I’m on opposite of this. G-man gives me a good feeling, haven’t gotten any of that sense from Colin. Though I didn’t eeLly know Colin was in this game until now. It’s hard to keep track of so many players.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:07 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:19 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:17 pm Dizzy is town, Colin is ehh.
I knew you would come to love me. Are you town though? Cause I want like a read list or something from you. Or at least your top suspects or something. Basically just want to know more where you're at and not so in the background.
Town:

Dizzy
Epi?
G-Man
Jack?
SVS
sig
Ted
Me

Ehh:
Colin
Dom
Drago
Mac
Radish
Michelle
A book
Sloonei
Sprit
Tranq

Baddish:
Jay
Juliets
Sabie
Speed
Turnip
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:08 pm Tony moved from juliets to TH. Lame. @TonyStarkPrime why?
No one was voting for Juliets.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:35 am Sloonei what do you think about Mac’s view of Jack//Radishes?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:35 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:33 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:32 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:25 am
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:18 am I would have to be super, super wrong about Jack for him to be bad.
Ditto. I’m open to the possibility, and I hope to ISO him myself soon, but I can’t bring myself to shake off my town read.
this gives me tinglies
tell me about your tinglies, tony
I was on board to agree with you and Dom about it — I think Mac was going off little. But the weird mind meld in specifically this post seems to be hedging in a way that I don’t like.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:42 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:41 am I’m going to float the idea that this game is chaotic because there are two scum teams trying to outdo each other. Anyone want to ask me why this is important?
Why is this important?
Because it means that — especially for high capacity players, of which everyone in this game is one, there is no incentive to slack off as there can be in a normal mafia game. Thus, our scum will be found not in those who are unusually quiet but rather those who are unusually loud.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:42 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:41 am I’m going to float the idea that this game is chaotic because there are two scum teams trying to outdo each other. Anyone want to ask me why this is important?
Why is this important?
Because it means that — especially for high capacity players, of which everyone in this game is one, there is no incentive to slack off as there can be in a normal mafia game. Thus, our scum will be found not in those who are unusually quiet but rather those who are unusually loud.
I’m not sure I follow.
Basically, the “they look like they’re hunting” argument falls apart.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:44 am
nutella wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:40 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:34 am
nutella wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:14 am This is a fun take. In a world where Mac isn't on the Master team I could entertain a world where Ted is. Also yeah I feel like we haven't heard from him in a while.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:01 am I encourage everybody to read in detail those Ted quotes that Mac posted, and tell me if that's not a scum looking for a read on Mac while pushing a g-man scapegoat agenda
Okay I’m getting lost in all of these nets but this definitely doesn’t scan. If Ted is scum, he knows that Mac is not. He doesn’t need to probe Mac to try to find that.
Okay, any likelihood he's on the radish team then, in which case Mac could still be on the master team?

(Actually asking this, I don't remember anything specific about ted's equity or lack thereof with radish/sabie)
JJJ said no and Sloonei said inconclusive. I tend to lean inconclusive but I haven’t ISOed TexMex.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:58 pm There's also this to keep in mind:
The Anti-Monitor - You will survive the first two nightkill attempts, and you will start each Day with -2 votes. If you perform your team’s kill, it cannot be protected against by regular means. Each night, you will search for Harbinger, and if you find her, she will kill the Monitor.
This role is a good reason to lynch Sig — finding the Harbinger is a good way to make town sad.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 pm Kinda wanna vote Sloonei
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:11 pm Ted, Jack, and Colin are the names to look into if we’re right about sig. Dom is a fringe candidate too, and I saw someone float Tranq as well. I have no reason to object to that.
This for if Sig is scum?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:11 pm Ted, Jack, and Colin are the names to look into if we’re right about sig. Dom is a fringe candidate too, and I saw someone float Tranq as well. I have no reason to object to that.
This for if Sig is scum?
Yes
Would you look to pursue one of these day 4?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:11 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:39 pm Why are we still talking about this instead of sig’s handling of radishes/sabie?
What about the droid attack on the Wookie(e)s?
Are you bad again?
lynch me and find out
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:15 pm
Real answer: because I don’t find the Sig flipped on Sabie randomly stuff to be that convincing for the main reason of — almost any town result that would lead to Sig making the claims he did against Mac would almost necessarily equally implicate Sabie. And if he’s scum, well he’s just scum.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm Okay but what about his treatment of Radishes?
G-Man does worse
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:42 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 am Day 4 I would have advocated hard for the lynch Sig plan. I did, to some extent, in our three person bubble. Today I think that we’re perhaps better off searching elsewhere — for two main reasons:
1) Three townies just died. With a missed Night 5 kill and then a likely Day 6 AM lynch (since the masters team knows who AM is, I think), we’re at 10v3 going into day 7 with no leads. With a good Night 5 kill, 11v2. I think we can pull off better than that with other options.
2) I don’t want this day to go nowhere.
I don't necessarily disagree with your strategic perspective. I'm lynching sig anyway to eliminate his role. I was referring to the idea underlying your vote for Turnip Head instead of [insert some other non-sig player here].
first option that came to mind. It’s not instinct, it’s a “this person has been talked about as possible scum”. No other reason. Instinct would be pointed at Sloonei still.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:43 am This is my Michelle theory, for those who were not in our thread yesterday:

When the day began, Michelle had compiled a long chain of posts from speedchuck from this thread (the one we are all currently posting in) which she used to push a suspicion against The Chuck (and she would later walk back a fair amount of this case in a way that might have been dishonest, but that's not my main issue).

Speedchuck was one of just five people that Michelle shared that thread with. He also had apparently been singled out as a suspect by her coming into that day. This seemed either convenient or coincidental to me.

Separately, I had a theory that the events of yesterday were triggered by sig, as his role (The Architect) is derived from Inception Mafia, it contains secrets, and he was almost a sure bet to be lynched that coming day, so there would be no better time for him to trigger the hypothetical Inception event in his role card. IF this is the case (and that is an enormous if), then there are two people who would have known that the thread split was coming: sig and sig's partner. In the original Inception Mafia game (which Jay and I co-hosted), the mafia team was allowed limited control over which players submerged onto each dream level.

If sig's partner was preparing to submerge into a lower dream level, they would likely want to take a player with them who they could use as a scapegoat for suspicion, or someone who is unlikely to cast suspicion on them in particular. speedchuck could conceivably be a viable candidate for both of those things. So the theory is this: Michelle, as sig's partner/the anti-monitor, was aware that she was going to submerge into a smaller thread, and brought speedchuck with her, having pre-planned an attack against him for that day.

There are holes in this theory that I acknowledge: given that there was only one lynch yesterday (the top level/player with the most votes across all three levels) there should not have been much urgency for Michelle to need a scapegoat like this; it's also not at all impossible that Michelle suspected speedchuck and wanted to ISO him, and it was purely coincidental that they ended up in the same thread together. But the fact that Michelle had singularly prepared to launch an investigation against speedchuck yesterday (I asked her if she had compiled posts on anybody else and she said no) and then ended up in the same small group as him stood out to me as a remarkable coincidence.
this is a bad theory but I see where it’s coming from
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:49 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:35 am Who is on Mac’s team?
Everybody. One or two names only. No reasoning allowed. We all have generally good instincts here, who’s given you bad vibes?
Colin and you. :hugs:

caveat that i haven't been in this thread for 48 hours and plan to do interactive shit later.
:hugs:
I look forward to our continuing tango.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:50 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:43 am This is my Michelle theory, for those who were not in our thread yesterday:

When the day began, Michelle had compiled a long chain of posts from speedchuck from this thread (the one we are all currently posting in) which she used to push a suspicion against The Chuck (and she would later walk back a fair amount of this case in a way that might have been dishonest, but that's not my main issue).

Speedchuck was one of just five people that Michelle shared that thread with. He also had apparently been singled out as a suspect by her coming into that day. This seemed either convenient or coincidental to me.

Separately, I had a theory that the events of yesterday were triggered by sig, as his role (The Architect) is derived from Inception Mafia, it contains secrets, and he was almost a sure bet to be lynched that coming day, so there would be no better time for him to trigger the hypothetical Inception event in his role card. IF this is the case (and that is an enormous if), then there are two people who would have known that the thread split was coming: sig and sig's partner. In the original Inception Mafia game (which Jay and I co-hosted), the mafia team was allowed limited control over which players submerged onto each dream level.

If sig's partner was preparing to submerge into a lower dream level, they would likely want to take a player with them who they could use as a scapegoat for suspicion, or someone who is unlikely to cast suspicion on them in particular. speedchuck could conceivably be a viable candidate for both of those things. So the theory is this: Michelle, as sig's partner/the anti-monitor, was aware that she was going to submerge into a smaller thread, and brought speedchuck with her, having pre-planned an attack against him for that day.

There are holes in this theory that I acknowledge: given that there was only one lynch yesterday (the top level/player with the most votes across all three levels) there should not have been much urgency for Michelle to need a scapegoat like this; it's also not at all impossible that Michelle suspected speedchuck and wanted to ISO him, and it was purely coincidental that they ended up in the same thread together. But the fact that Michelle had singularly prepared to launch an investigation against speedchuck yesterday (I asked her if she had compiled posts on anybody else and she said no) and then ended up in the same small group as him stood out to me as a remarkable coincidence.
this is a bad theory but I see where it’s coming from
It was a slow day.
u n d e r s t a n d a b l e
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:32 pm Everything sig does today can only be viewed through the lens of wifom, if viewed at all. Does anyone care to analyze dat nanook vote?
memes
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:37 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:31 pm alright tony changes his vote off of nanook as soon as i mention it. sig is now the only one voting nanook. goofy.
Nanook probably AM and Sig along for the memes
What evidence is there for nanook as the anti-monitor?
Mac said so. He has no reason to lie. High compatibility when most of the field has been cleared.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:20 am The argument is paranoid. There is a either widely townread or “writing a masters thesis” heavy hitter on the scum team. There has to be. Why? It feels like there has to be.

I agree that it feels like there has to be.
I think it’s Sloonei, not Jay, but that’s not the point.
I don’t think it’s rational by any means.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:23 am anecdotally, over half of all scum wins I’ve ever seen are “people who were almost on the chopping block and didn’t do much all game get barely not lynched” and much less than half are “scum masterminds run over town”. Almost all town wins are the former.
I’m still working through Jack and Jay’s alternatives today. But I see no reason outside of paranoia to accept Jack’s view that there must be mafia between JJJ, Sloonei, and Juliets and that scum must be on Sig etc even if I town read him and not Jay.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:31 pm I'm about to finish gawking at the big D, but before I do I have a new question to ask:

@Tranq
@TonyStarkPrime
@sig, yes even you sig.

What can you tell us about your thread yesterday? How did everyone behave down there? Was there anything unusual or noteworthy?
I have the whole thing copied, but since we still have access to it it wouldn’t be moral to share. Tranq posted more than he’s posted in this thread, I think. Sig says he let a few clues out, but I think it’s kinda broad and still obviously WIFOMy. It was pretty slow. One note: Sig intend(s/ed) to stay alive. His teammate was voting for Mac. We tried to lynch Long Con, I figured out Quin was scum, that’s about it.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:31 pm I'm about to finish gawking at the big D, but before I do I have a new question to ask:

@Tranq
@TonyStarkPrime
@sig, yes even you sig.

What can you tell us about your thread yesterday? How did everyone behave down there? Was there anything unusual or noteworthy?
I have the whole thing copied, but since we still have access to it it wouldn’t be moral to share. Tranq posted more than he’s posted in this thread, I think. Sig says he let a few clues out, but I think it’s kinda broad and still obviously WIFOMy. It was pretty slow. One note: Sig intend(s/ed) to stay alive. His teammate was voting for Mac. We tried to lynch Long Con, I figured out Quin was scum, that’s about it.
Tell me about tranq.
Asked Sig a few info baiting questions (explain the Inception set up, what info did you have on Mac) — helpfully but otherwise noted, Sig has claimed that he didn’t target Mac with a kill night 1. Ruined my theory about Nanook being a Sit Down Host, tried to ask me who was bad (said TH for M and Jack for AM) but I just memed it. Overall any amount of effort is good in my eyes.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:07 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:41 am So I have reached the conclusion that someone must be scum. I am going to proceed by thinking of this game as one with one scum team and an SK. There’s no reason to continue to think about this as multiball unless someone seriously wants to track down the anti monitor. Which is unnecessary because it looks like we missed our revive.
I’m confused by the second half of this post. Why does the lack of revival have anything to do with the anti-monitor?
1) noting we missed the revive
2) it means likely that either the revivey person died and that was not revealed or, I think, that Dizzy was chosen. In either case, the anti-monitor poses no unique threat to the town by that means.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:30 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:22 am Colin is a low energy lynch
Who isn't, and why does this matter to you?
Lynch energy tiers:

Jack
Dom, Epi
Juliets, Sloonei, Tony
Jay, G-Man, Tranq, Ted
Speed, Michelle
Colin
Turnip

I would rather more split pushes on tiers 4 and 5 than consolidating on Colin and Turnip.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:45 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:41 pm I've read everything but Sloonei's latest novel. I am current other than that.
I really don’t expect everyone to read all that nonsense. The rainbow list at the end tells you what’s essential.
Sloonei, could you very honestly do a slight addendum where you analyze Sabie’s views on you?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:52 pm I believe Sloonei and juliets are civilians. That hasn't always been the consensus. Those who disagree: say your piece and I will listen.
I think Sloonei’s 3P.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:09 am Look, I’m not willing to accept that Juliets and Sloonei are town because I’m already accepting Jack and Epi. And that’s a small group.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:08 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:06 am @juliets @TonyStarkPrime @G-Man I would love to see your lists in the format Jay have. Gut solve the whole game right now.
town:

tony
epi
Jack
Juliets
G-Man
Michelle

3p:
Sloonei

Master:
JJJ
Speed
Tranq

AM:
Ted
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:36 am
Tranq wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:35 am
Tranq wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:34 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 am There has been little coordination in here despite some folks saying there needs to be coordination in here. Let's coordinate the two lynches gang.

If you haven't given me a top three suspects yet, do it.
TH
Colin
Sloonei
Whaddya got on Sloonei?
Elimination. I wasn't able to write Not-Master next to their name.
Tranq suspects Sloonei
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:23 pm I have one specific memory that sticks out to me when I think of Jay's handling of sig:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:36 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:25 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:20 am I have major deadlines to honor, and there's no way I'm going to be able to keep up with this right now. I'm going to extract myself for the time being and just pop in for a look when I can. I think things are going swimmingly, so y'all carry on. If you want my take on something, @ me and ideally link me to something. I will try to get to it. Otherwise I will observe for myself.
I compared our results and we both said sig looks like a compatible Radishes teammate. Gimme a quick take on that.
It warrants exploration. "Looks like a civilian at face value" is worth less in a game where everyone can legitimately hunt. I found his progression on Radish convoluted. sig go look at each of our reviews and say your piece
After we both dug into radishes and came up with negative looks on sig, I prodded Jay to talk about this new development. His response was pretty tame and by-the-script. Beep boop, as nutella would say.

Even though no one seems to care about my "Jay is the anti-monitor" theory.
The master team had to be pretty happy about it
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:00 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:38 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:32 pm If everyone has suspected speedchuck forever for every position why has he not been lynched yet?

This is a real question.
Yesterday was the first day he was really mentioned as a serious candidate in a thread that included the entire active roster.
sure. And JJJ pushed him and voted for Colin anyways. We talked more about Speed than Colin but Colin ended up lynched.
What's the best reason you can think of to town read speedchuck?
Mislynch bait — universal scumread in appearance, no clear teammates. But jjj/ speed seems very possible
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:50 am I’m so confused and I think I’m being tricked by people who aren’t Jay and Slooneo
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 am Okay you better believe I’m doing some reading tomorrow I refuse to rely on JJJ and Sloonei’s novels any more.

I think I said that yesterday and then didn’t successfully get Speed lynched.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:05 pm What’s the best reason we have to town read speedchuck?
none not one
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:47 pm but that wouldn't make sense, he's exposing himself
therefore
bomb
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:48 pm Sloonei choose a third
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 pm wait no. if he detonates then jay gets lynched no matter what. I'm not sure what this accomplishes in that case.
He pulls Jay.

Emerging concerns:

1) Goofy chumming around with the :hugs: emoji contrasts their treatment of others. Their lynching history is meaningless.
2) Tony spent some time suspecting Sloonei over me and did nothing with it
3) Later he glued us together similarly to speedchuck and maintained the general idea that both high-posting analysts must somehow be connected

Can still be teamed.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Can someone tell me why Epi is so quiet?

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] if you are villager come and post sir.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tranq on Sloonei

Tranq wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm This is where i'm at right now:

CIV:
----
Dom
Epignosis
G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
juliets
TonyStarkPrime
Tranq

BAD:
----
ColinIsCool (not AM)
JaggedJimmyJay (not AM) or Turnip Head (not AM)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2.0
Sloonei (not AM)

NOT SURE:
----
Michelle (not AM, not Master)
speedchuck (not AM, not Master)
tedxtr (not AM, not Master)

If there are good reasons to dispute any of the above, let me know.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 am There has been little coordination in here despite some folks saying there needs to be coordination in here. Let's coordinate the two lynches gang.

TH
Colin
Sloonei

TH
Colin
Sloonei
Whaddya got on Sloonei?
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:25 am Mafia:
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr

These are my best guesses. Would be ok with lynching any of them.
Tranq wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:31 am I'll repeat myself:
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr

Is there anyone except JJJ and Sloonei that does not plan on voting JJJ tomorrow?

Tranq said nothing whatsoever about Sloonei until Day 6. He cast some late suspicion when it was obligatory and did nothing with it. He is still plenty compatible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Two Masters in this set:

Epignosis
TonyStarkPrime
Tranq

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll go hunting for an Anti-Monitor later. Nobody cares.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:22 am speedchuck on Sloonei

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:55 pm @speedchuck do you have any developed thoughts on jack and/or nutella? What about anyone else in the game?
I think the Jack/Nutella thing was interesting, primarily because of reactions to it. Tedxtr's reaction was notable, like he was incredibly pro-nutella and focused on nutella. Dunno if that's changed.

@tedxtr do you know nutella prior to this?
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 pm Having read over the last two pages, Dys and Dom are my top townreads. Their votes are on people I would like to see lynched.

I got twenty minutes. Lets go.
Expand on this, mr chuck
I got weird vibes from Ted D1, and then he appeared reluctant to address Dizzy's 'scumslip' on him. It wasn't the slip itself that bothered me, but his forced nonchalance about it? Something like that. Lol at her flipping votes, though. :p

The Mac read is nothing special. I agree with what Jay said about his Dom post, and a few other sentiments expressed in the past two pages.

Dizzy and Dom both seemed like fairly stable, level heads in the thread D1. I like town dizzy and town dom.

Bonus: I don't care to lynch G-man.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:24 pm
This for if Sig is scum?
Yes
What happened to mac
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:18 pm

Michelle? speedchuck?
What?
we were looking for people to join the sig wagon for mechanical reasons.
I'm pressed for time. I'd like more than 'mechanical reasons' as an explanation.

but [VOTE: Sig] aubergine
If sig is mafia he has a 50% chance of starting the day with -2 votes on him. If we are inclined to lynch him and neutralize his team today, it is ideal to give him a comfortable lead in the poll.
Ah, better to gank the -2 vote thing earlier than later. Yes. I'll stick with that then.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:25 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:24 pm

This for if Sig is scum?
Yes
What happened to mac
That’s what I’m wondering
These are the candidates to be the last remaining member of the sig/sabie/radishes team. Mac is not on that team.
Lol it's like the inverse of that Mac/Dom misunderstanding from a day ago
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:13 pm
sig wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:09 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:58 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 pm Hey guys just wanna catch up here a bitty bit.

Mac is still a person who could survive a nightkill but isn't who sig 'slipped' him to be? Or even on the same team?

How would we parse that? My sig suspicion remains independent of the 'slip', but it's a lot weaker without it.
This is actually a terrible look for Speed.
:shrug2: I'm not concerned about that. I've kept up with the game enough to think Mac was going to flip Anti-Monitor. I was surprised to see Saitama.
Saitama is exactly the role sig said he thought Mac was though back on d2 and the one that makes sense with all the theories. But ok.
Yea it reeks for speed honestly. I've been going after this and specifically this role forever.
And you expect me to have read any of those posts... why?

I skimmed Dizzy's post, then voted. After the lynch, I saw Sloonei and Juliets having a conversation like this:

"Sloonei is still a prime suspect."
"I don't get it, why?"

And I'm like WTF did something not go as planned? Mac seems to have flipped scum. What's going on?

So I asked.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:12 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:57 pm I’ve argued against town reads on myself as town before.
Why though.
Sometimes because I don’t want things about me to be misconstrued, other times because I want to get a better read on the person reading me.
omigawd nuance.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME It looks like you need to show me where you talked about the reasons to townread you.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:13 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:59 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:07 am Of the six Jay voters, Tony, Dom, Epi, Tranq, TH and myself, I only see the potential for two of them to even be baddies.

Of the six Sig voters, Ted, Michelle, Speed, Nanook, Sloonei and Juliets, I have mixed feelings about all of them.
Is it two of the T's? Which ones?

As for the wagons themselves... I'm okay with lynching Jay, but not lynching sig seems really weird.
Tranq and TH.

Can you give us a rainbow or proposed players for each team? I’m picking up your opinions on specific issues but not where you’re at overall.
speedchuck

Dom
Jackofhearts2005
G-Man
Epignosis
juliets

Dragomir
ColinIsCool
Sloonei
TonyStarkPrime
Tranq

Michelle

Turnip Head
JaggedJimmyJay
tedxtr

sig

Something like that. It's difficult, since there are two teams, and there are multiple players in there I don't recall reading any posts from. Lots of players in this game. Proposed players for each team would be harder still.
I think my individual takes are probably more useful.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:33 pm Need five town other than me out of the following.

speedchuck

Jackofhearts2005
juliets
Epignosis

TonyStarkPrime
Tranq

Michelle
G-Man

Sloonei
JaggedJimmyJay
tedxtr

I have negative reads on Michelle that have been assuaged by the meta of not having played her before. I had a positive light of G-man because we were suspected for generally the same reasons early-game, but it doesn't feel concrete now.
I don't recall reading anything from the T's. Maybe because I payed most attention to this game around the time of the split, and regarding feelings during the split.

I'm a definite on Jay and Ted. Sloonei I'm historically bad at reading, but haven't seen something in memory that keeps him out of the bottom.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:26 pm I mean, if it's Jay, Sloonei, GMan, I don't see the problem.
Aye, but I think Jay should be lynched first.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:04 pm G-Man's final Day 2 vote was for Sloonei, not Mac.
Oh. What.
:faint:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:05 pm What’s the best reason we have to town read speedchuck?
Townreading me wins you the game if you're town. :nicenod: Good reason right there.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:10 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:01 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:58 pm @G-Man why was sloonei the best choice to receive your vote on Day 2?
On Day 2 I trusted Dyslexicon and sheeped that vote out of a lack of other reads.
There was no chance of me being lynched and two or three competing viable wagons at the time. Why was Sloonei the best vote?
On Day 2 I trusted Dyslexicon and sheeped that vote out of a lack of other reads.
Why vote at all?
:evileye: what
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:55 pm Jay’s behavior today is also exactly what I’d expect from him as a civilian. He got some pressure on him and it flipped a switch. He started pressing everything and re-examining things. He lost his zen and reclaimed the crown of fuck mountain.
I don't know what thread you're reading.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm I juliets is mafia, on either team, she deserves to win.
Preach!
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:21 pm Jay, Sloonei, and probably Ted are still mafia. My reads are the same. Screw this game. Screw the unwillingness of anyone on this stupid forum to lynch Jay when he's pumping out worthless content because 'other players are posting less'.

And screw self-voting as well.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:22 pm There was no case on G-man other than 'he's busy, he did a gimmick and later self-voted'

Meanwhile Jay's over here making love to his scum meta with Sloonei cheering him on.

There is one thing I don't like here. Toward the end when speedchuck was campaigning in his cranky way to destroy me, he always tacked Sloonei's name with me. Both of us were bad, but I had to die first. For reasons y'all will soon understand, that's a problem. The connection is meaningless, and it only serves to protect Sloonei in a roundabout way.

Generally I don't think it's speedchuck, but he should still answer to that.
The reasons I suspected Sloonei at that point were a combination of his defense of you, Jay, and me piggybacking off Jack. I don't have especially strong reasons to scumread sloon outside of that, and sloonei himself can attest to how terrible I am at reading him.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:56 am I may work in cognitive science, but I haven't quite mastered the intricacies of telepathy yet. :goofp:
To understand why I look like a headless chicken looking for clues doesn't require telepathy..
I need infos. My thoughts are not searching for guilty but for innocents. This is the true Poe direction imo.

Now few self town realities:

1. I can't be the AM because I suspected Radishes from the get go and TH provided the mechanical proof.

2. I can't be in Master's team because I went for Mac's ISO (didn't finish it, but if it would be a bus job it would be hilarious to post it so thin) and after I voted him I was going to bed letting my vote on him. If I were in the red team I would wake up and ask for a lynch of Sig first, and that would maybe bring Sig's lynch in that day instead Mac's. This would be the action of a responsible Mac team mate. Ask Juliets, I am not letting the team without my presence even if I am not such good scum. No help for team = me not in the team.
At end of last night I called Sloonei suspicious for not posting x without knowing he will be killed.

3. Jack read me villager. This is enough from town Jack.
Btw I think this post is very interesting x

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'll be a little more here today. I spent yesterday afternoon doing like 7 hours of audio editing and my brain is still a little mushy.

It looks like everything is becoming less clear, which is perfect.

People not-Jay seem to be scumreading Juliets based on Sloonei and town-reading Tony as well?
Jay is the opposite.
Gonna spend right now looking into that.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:55 pm Sloonei on juliets

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:46 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:39 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm LOL, no but I love our Turnip, he's one of my faves so that would put you in good company. But alas, you are kind of a grey radish so far.

You have not made much of an impression on me either way, you have not said much if anything on topic, but this post tells me you certainly are aggressive, and I like that.

So tell me, now that you are posting on topic, what about my posts make you think I'm bad?

Linki @Sloonei i, good to know. It felt to me like youwere using him to appear like standard Sloonei, but it's been a while for me, and it's only Zero.
Okay, one more serious-sorta post then I'm going to bed.

Your posts sound like they could have been written by a baddie. E.g. over-explaining thoughts, suggesting what scum are going to try to do as a result of mechanics x, trying to list nearly everyone (even those that haven't checked in)...all traits I see scum do/do myself when scum.

So you go in my pink pile. It's too early to have proper red reads but your posts have, twice now, pinged me.

This is the most significant post in Radish’s ISO and it strikes me as the kind of opportunistic Day 0/1 suspicion that mafia could latch onto. Granted, everyone is new to Radishes here so it’s understandable that he’d lack strong reads early on (it’s not even Day 1 yet), but I don’t see him being much of an assertive presence in here so far. I’d think he’d want to lay the ground work to produce reads, at least.
Sloonei, I don't agree with him about S~V~S but if this is not laying the ground work to produce reads what is? I don't understand what you are expecting from him. Can you explain it a little more?
I’m saying this is the extent of his reads, and it’s not very inspiring.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:10 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 pm Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I don't agree that it's necessary for everyone to have a lot of reads this early but I understand your point.
I certainly would not say that that's the case either. My point is that I have no reason to read Radishes as town. I picked out the most substantial post I could find in his ISO, and there was nothing in it that would be impossible for an evil radish to say or do.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:00 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:56 pm I appreciate Radishes content, but I still don't trust him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But also

[VOTE: Juliets] aubergine

I've not seen anything for her that sticks out or anything that she couldn't also just say as scum. I cri evertim.
I am currently town-reading juliets. Can you convince me otherwise?
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:06 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:00 pmI am currently town-reading juliets. Can you convince me otherwise?
No. There's nothing there afaic.
Can you explain why you read her town?
My perception of town juliets is that her early-game efforts are mostly spent keeping tabs on things, making sure she understands what's going on, before diving into things later on. When I've caught her as scum in the past (once, maybe twice?) it was because she was a bit flat and not so forthcoming. She's looked more like the former so far here.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:30 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:16 pmYou've been saying this all game and haven't even hinted at a reason why. Why?
Well, strike the beginning of the game, cause I hadn't even read your posts. But I don't really remember much from your posts tbh. So maybe a better question is - what does your reads look like at this point?
Jack, SVS, juliets, sig are town.
nutella and ted are a tier below but still town. I think I feel good about Michelle too.
I tend to trust Jay out of the gate because we think along similar lines. If I find myself disagreeing with him down the road, he becomes a suspect.
Radishes is the only solid suspect that I have right now. I would like to branch out from that, but I'm lacking energy.

I have expressed most of these reads prior to now.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 pm @Sloonei you mentioned you had mislynched Colin in the past for similar behavior (I think that's what you said). Can you expound on that at all?
I don't know if I said "similar behavior", but what I've mislynched colin for in the past is his tendency to hang back and provide reads at his own pace. It's easy to misread that as a tentative, behind-the-action scum player, when in reality it's just been a behind-the-action civilian trying not to overstate his thoughts.

I have not looked closely at his posts in this game so I can't give you a detailed interpretation of what he looks like here. But that's my general warning against lynching Colin.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:54 pm I've maintained a comfortable town read on juliets all game, but I should note that there have been a couple of instances that made me raise my eyebrows a little bit. By themselves they weren't much, and I still don't know what the angle is to read them as "suspicious", but they exist. I'll try to dig them up when I can.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:37 pm I did not mean to suggest that you were necessarily misrepresenting my words intentionally, though that possibility had occurred to me and I did not want to dismiss it outright. But it's not a pivotal part of my concerns here. I don't even know if this constitutes an accusation: I simply noticed a similar thing happening on two separate occasions with you. I'm not used to this from you, so it was noteworthy. Maybe it's purely coincidence. Maybe the confusion is on my end. But it's a thing that I observed and I didn't want to sit on that. My vote is on you for the sake of discussion more than anything else, for the record. If the day was ending right now, I don't think I'd want to vote for you.

I apologize if I've upset you at all with this. Let's start that dialogue. Tell me where else you've had not great feelings about me.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:40 am Even in death, nutella tunnels me.

I moved my vote off of Mac because it’s early in the day and I want to use my vote to emphasize discussion. I made this same point when I voted for juliets. I make this same point in most games that I play. A vote on Mac at this stage just maintains the status quo. He’s a candidate to be lynched and I don’t object to that. I’d like him to do more things so I can have a clearer sense of where his head’s at in this game. But I don’t need my vote to be on him to get that to happen right now. G-man is another candidate who’s not getting as much attention, so I put my vote on him instead. I am aware of the deadline and will cast a meaningful vote when that is approaching.

I’ve made a version of this post a hundred times before.

Thank you for your thoughts, ghostella.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:32 pm Responding to juliets ISO post about me:

I make no apologies about my radishes suspicion. He stood out to me when the game was just getting started and I’ve continued to feel that way. I am open to other names and have been making an effort to explore other options today. Also when I called him “evil” I was just trying to be cute and come up with alternative words for “baddie”, “scum”, “mafia”, etc. Because I’m just so clever. I think I also threw around the word “naughty” earlier. I wasn’t trying to be manipulative. Just silly.

As for everything else you said about my activity and engagement, I’ll blame it on the sickness. But I disagree with the point that I don’t take a long time to figure things out. Maybe it comes across that way because I’m loud and assertive, but I’ll often go into Day 3 without a lot of confident reads. I can’t just scan the thread and make snap judgments of people, I rely on my process. Sometimes the games takes a while to open up. Being sick knocked me off my rhythm for a few days and stunted my Day 1. I try to be as open as I can when I’m communicating my reads, so if I don’t have many strong ones I’m going to say as much. I feel like I have a better grasp on the overall layout of this game than I did 36 hours ago, but it’s still not as great as I’d like it to be.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:54 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:50 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:46 pm Now I like sabie.
Is Mac or Jack a good lynch?
I could lynch Mac. I think lynching Jack is a bad move.
Sloonei are you seeing bad Mac or just not seeing good Mac? It's probably in your ISO but I've been in too many ISO's today and it's drowning me in a river of words.
I had one particular issue with Mac that makes no sense to me if mac is a civilian. Other than that he's a shrug. I am colossally inept at reading MacDougall and his big D.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:43 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:39 pm @JaggedJimmyJay I like your points about G-Man's post.
which point stands out the most to you?
The point about why you are the worst offender and the point about why exactly S~V~S and I are a problem. So for example, I'm not troubled that he finds me a problem but he didn't explain it and didn't answer me when I asked about it.

Are you clear on why you are the worst offender?
I am not. I'm not even clear why I'm on the list at all (I get what he has said, I just don't understand why he regards it as a bad thing). I believe I've asked him about this already.
I see that your vote is currently on G-man. How confident is that read? What other names are you considering?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:35 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:31 pm God, am I going to have to choose between MR who I've had a town read on for 2 days or Mac who I don't see as scum at this time? This is impossible.
G-man just became equally as viable as Radishes imo. How do you feel about him?

linki: hello, i appreciate the confidence. but why are am i responsible for your vote, juliets?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:37 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:35 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:31 pm God, am I going to have to choose between MR who I've had a town read on for 2 days or Mac who I don't see as scum at this time? This is impossible.
G-man just became equally as viable as Radishes imo. How do you feel about him?

linki: hello, i appreciate the confidence. but why are am i responsible for your vote, juliets?
Sloonei, no I'm sorry, you are not. I made the decision.
I know, sorry I didn't mean that as in you were putting in my hands. I mean why are you citing me on this vote change? What is the exact reason for it?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:59 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:35 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Convince me on tranq and michelle. I feel nothing about the former and townread the latter (though less so than before as I haven't seen much from her lately)
I can't remember why I thought tranq was bad. I probably was just piggy backing someone elses suspicions. Michelle is just not on her meta.
what is michelle's meta and why/how is she not on it?
I expect more from her by now in terms of reacting to stuff and asking a lot of questions. She's kinda like juliets in that she asks a lot of questions, and (somewhat unlike juliets) I believe that it pretty strongly indicates her town meta when she does, and she has a hard time replicating it as scum. I know she was offline for a bit but I still feel like I haven't seen as much as I expect from her since day 1.
Sloonei
Noted. I see you also compare her to juliets. I forget which game Michelle was scum in recently. Maybe i'll dig that up later. I'm distracted by america's dumb election results right now
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:51 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:33 pm My smoking gun with sig is a specific moment in his handling of Radishes: during sig’s lone Day 2 post, he suggests that he had laid out his thoughts on Radishes in an ISO somewhere, but a thorough investigation of sig’s posts reveals absolutely no substantiated read on Radishes. If there’s a slip, it’s that. It has the feel of a player who had intended to produce a bullshit case on his teammate, but then never got around to it and simply forgot that was the case.
Sloonei, just playing devils advocate, I liked this point when you first made it but couldn't it be that town sig had started making notes on a Radish case but then never presented it and thought he had? I'm just trying to make sure, Mac has shaken my resolve a bit.
It’s possible. But I’ve pressed sig on this issue throughout the day and he hasn’t provided anything close to a satisfactory answer to this point, or any point relating to Radishes, which leads me to believe that he’s shaken and trying to downplay it because he doesn’t have a good answer in him.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:40 pm Lol you guys are very funny. I want to gnaw off my hand.
but then how will you type?
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:45 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 pm sig's still a top suspect.
I don't understand Sloonei.
Nothing about mac’s flip changes anything about my read on sig. Why would this have changed?
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:15 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:12 pm
my methods of hunting put me two scum on a plate

and i think i have a really good point on juliets so i want people to hop in.
I was talking about people talking about sig’s slip.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:30 pm I have been keeping an eye on the thread though and have a few general comments.

I get skepticism, but Jack's suggestion that one of myself, Jay, or juliets must be bad feels arbitrary. I'm not totally willing to write them off as suspects, but I have no urgent reason to regard them as suspects and can easily envision a world where they're both town.

The case against ted is the most intriguing new development I've seen today. The Jay case is paranoia bullshit at the moment as far as I can tell. I'm not sure why nanook has votes, but one of them is from sig which is goofy.

RIP Ghosts
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:21 pm Jack, Dom, and juliets are not on Mac’s team. Everyone else is on the table as far as I’m concerned.

The anti-monitor is between Jay, Tony, Epi, or Dom for me. Dom seems the least likely of the bunch. I have no explicit reason to eliminate G-man, but I am not feeling that it’s him.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:27 pm Actually maybe there was something to my Michelle theory. I see no harm in bringing it up again. Who the hell knows at this point?
For reference:

But if the theory is that the anti-monitor was on level 2, then this thread’s evidence points more to Jay or G-man, I think. Certainly not speedchuck, and I’d be shocked if it was juliets. Maybe it is her.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:02 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:46 pm So only you can be zen?
Seriously though, your posts are sleepy. The game is not in a good place. That's a contrast.
That’s a me thing, not a game thing. I’m still here and still trying to solve things, but my mafia energy isn’t at its peak.

I think the votes for you are wrong if the theory is that you are on Mac’s team. I think they have merit if the theory is that you’re the anti-monitor, but I don’t think that conversation is closed. Epi and Tony can be in the conversation too. Juliets and Jack are my tinfoils.

I think ted is a good bet to be on Mac’s team. Interactions, POE, and his behavior today all point to it.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:23 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:13 pm @Sloonei ^ ^
See my response.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:23 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:06 pm G-man is town because of his vote for Mac on Day 2.
So just because he voted for one person on one of the teams, he's locked town or something?
No. Why are you being so dismissive?

G-man entered at the last moment without a vote. It was three way race between Radishes, Mac, and TH. G-man chose Mac because he didn’t trust me, and my vote was on Radishes at the time.

That’s a tremendously bad look and a clumsy play of G-man is a teammate of Radish. It’s also a completely unnecessary step toward endangering his partner if he’s Mac’s teammate. The mindset he projected in casting his vote against my vote suggested an honest civilian who temporarily forgot we were playing a game with tao mafia teams.
Sloonei, I'll think about this but I didn't see the evidence that he forgot we were playing with two mafia teams. And then the move from sig to Mac at the last minute the next day on top of this just doesn't look good to me. But I will ponder what you're saying.
He voted on the wagon opposite my vote because he did not trust me. That looks like a player’s mafia instincts kicking in: “I suspect Sloonei, therefore I distrust the wagon he is voting on.” It doesn’t make sense in this game, but it is applicable to a normal game. I guess “forgot” is a strong word.

The alternative is that he made up a poor excuse because he was under pressure. That is not impossible. I lean in favor of the former.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:51 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:47 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:47 pm [VOTE: g-man] aubergine

:suspish: come on Sloonei..
G-man did not in fact vote for Mac on Day 2. Come on Michelle.
is midnight, bare votes are confusing me.

Why is Juliets villager?
Paranoia is making me reconsider this possibility. But... why do you ask?
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:55 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:35 pm Ok I see ted saying he is changing to Jay so I'll stop with the G-Man posts. Sloonei, I will read what you wrote.

I guess we need to resolve Jay this lynch. The people I trust as town are voting for him, I think Dom thought he was bad and we keep talking about it and talking about it. I think we have to get past it to sort the rest out. I can't be the only one thinking he is town - it's too much like what happened with Radish and with Elephant in Inception.

[VOTE: Jay] aubergine
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:52 pm Ok lol, I'm happy to change my vote to G-Man.
These two posts give the impression that juliets is just bouncing around between whichever wagons seem viable.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:13 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:55 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:35 pm Ok I see ted saying he is changing to Jay so I'll stop with the G-Man posts. Sloonei, I will read what you wrote.

I guess we need to resolve Jay this lynch. The people I trust as town are voting for him, I think Dom thought he was bad and we keep talking about it and talking about it. I think we have to get past it to sort the rest out. I can't be the only one thinking he is town - it's too much like what happened with Radish and with Elephant in Inception.

[VOTE: Jay] aubergine
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:52 pm Ok lol, I'm happy to change my vote to G-Man.
These two posts give the impression that juliets is just bouncing around between whichever wagons seem viable.
I'm not going to leave but @Michelle your post was hurtful.

Sloonei, my feeling about a Jay lynch are summed up in my post. I still don't see bad Jay but I understand for the good of the game and based on my assessments of Radish and Elephant his lynch might be the best option.

Meanwhile, ted re-kindled my interest in G-Man in a big way. I have been off and on about him the whole game. I started looking at some of his posts and posts about him but then when ted changed I thought he was not on the table for today. Then he was back ON the table and I changed my vote. As I indicated in my answer to Jack, I'm not sure I'm going to stay there. New people have entered the thread and have new thoughts that I will consider. The night is not over.
There’s no elephant in this game.

Walk me through your read on Jay, independent of the game-state or anyone else’s thoughts on him.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm I juliets is mafia, on either team, she deserves to win.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:57 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:57 pm @juliets

Switch your vote.
Do not.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:21 pm Jay, Sloonei, and probably Ted are still mafia. My reads are the same. Screw this game. Screw the unwillingness of anyone on this stupid forum to lynch Jay when he's pumping out worthless content because 'other players are posting less'.

And screw self-voting as well.
I assume this is what you are talking about. I'm less familiar with speedchuck's anti-emotional stance. This post is not enough to remove him from my POE, and it's possible the emotion is genuine but he's still bad in a multiball game. I'm not sure if he'd be aligned with mac in that scenario though. So I guess if the POE is just for that team then it might make sense.
So you think he is the Anti-Monitor or just faking it? It doesn't sound fake to me but what do I know.
I doubt it was faked. Even without knowing speedchuck has a specific objection to emotional pleas, he doesn't seem like the type to say unkind things for the sake of scoring points in a game. But given the situation right now I'm not totally willing to dismiss him as a suspect for this. To be clear, it helps his case. It just does not completely absolve him in my eyes.

I don't have an answer to things right now. This game has kind of been back-burnered for me the last few days. I hope I have a chance to do solving things later. This isn't unwinnable.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:51 pm Jack and juliets are never teamed with Mac. That's about all I'm comfortable saying at this point.

Two moments that made me question juliets

Light green in Radish review

Dark green in Mac review

Yellow in sabie review

~~~

There's a point in there where Sloonei apologized to juliets for upsetting her when he used the word "misrepresent". That alone makes me want to shut this down and say they're not teammates. The rest of the progression is fitting though for the same conclusion. Sloonei mostly conveyed juliets as a civilian read, but always kept one finger on the button to allow himself to turn that around. juliets has long been the subject of at least minor tinfoil from a few people, and Sloonei needed suspects. He wasn't quite prepared to drop her entirely for the majority of the game.

Doubt they're teammates
So far as I've seen, you haven't done a 'Juliets on Sloonei' analysis. I am actually looking through these, believe it or not. Skimming, but reading. Hope you do a JxS.

Are you sure (other than the apology, which I don't follow) that this isn't exactly what Sloonei would have done with a scum partner? Townreading her, unless a case is made that requires bussing, in which case he could follow through seamlessly? Seems like a good play to me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:49 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:48 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:45 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 pm ted for Anti-Monitor. Perhaps Michelle for her unwillingness to communicate with me on a level plane today.
Whoever refuses to stare you in the eye is scum if you’re town and scum if you’re scum. Which maybe means it’s a bad dichotomy.
There are no certain civilians with JJJ. That's a major problem at this stage. By now he would have clear opinions. Fickle. Would not touch. Would not even give him a stimulus package check.
Epignosis is a suspect for wasting time talking about me when I already have a 7-1 poll lead
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:26 am One thing to be certain y'all assess when I am gone, and I suggest you assess it aggressively and interrogate the hell out of each other, is how players who've voted for me have justified doing so. That applies to this phase and previous phases.

This is a crucial Day 8 on which the game may turn, and it has become a dead space where literally everyone who isn't me has planted a vote on me and then gone off to take naps. You've done the mafia's work for them, and you've made their lives extremely easy today. Change that when I'm gone or I am going to be upset.
I know it seems like I'm beating a dead horse, but I think I need to continue to justify my vote.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

W h e n
I
A m
G o n e

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I already did the juliets review you mentioned speedchuck.

[mention]juliets[/mention] which team am I on?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 am W h e n
I
A m
G o n e
" A p p l i e s
t o
t h i s
p h a s e "
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am I already did the juliets review you mentioned speedchuck.

@juliets which team am I on?
I'll look further back in your ISO then.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Ed: or further forward
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 am W h e n
I
A m
G o n e
" A p p l i e s
t o
t h i s
p h a s e "
And previous phases. I’m not telling you step into a time machine.

When I’m dead and the truth is known, review what happened today with my wagon. That’s what I’m saying.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I do see what you're saying on Juliets. If she's scum with Mac and Sloon after dancing those suspicions like that all game, she deserves a Socky.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Michelle wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:53 am
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:27 am Jay, are you saying you think speedchuck knows who you are and that's why it's problematic that he thought you should go first?
It leaves the potential that speedchuck knows who Sloonei is, and that I am not on Sloonei's team. By gluing us together like that and insisting I die first, he protects Sloonei two-fold. Sloonei doesn't get lynched, and when I flip civilian it makes Sloonei look better too -- the connection is severed.
Juliets this is not the first time you accept a post and don't give back any answer. Looks odd. Looks like you are satisfied with the answer and accept it but I think you should go further here for eg with your own opinion on Speed, and you say just "thanks".
I understand your lack of time but few words may make the difference and they don't take an eternity to type. Like you don't want to bother anyone...

Taking a short break from work -

speed, Tranq, and ted are, in my head, competing for the last civ spot on my roster. I'm reading them all back today. This point that Jay brought up is one I don't think I would have seen. I will know better if I agree with it when I read it in context with the rest of speed's posts.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:04 am I'll go hunting for an Anti-Monitor later. Nobody cares.
I care.

To answer another question you raised, if you are bad you are on the Master's team.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:19 am

speed, Tranq, and ted are, in my head, competing for the last civ spot on my roster. I'm reading them all back today. This point that Jay brought up is one I don't think I would have seen. I will know better if I agree with it when I read it in context with the rest of speed's posts.
Who is in your Poe again?

Michelle
Made Man

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 3]

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:02 pm ColinIsCool
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
Nanook
sprityo

tedxtr
Turnip Head

Those are the players in this thread. They will be the only ones in the poll.
1. Epi or Ted

OR

2. Epi and Ted

OR

3. None of them = level one full of villas and all baddies in dream levels? Can this be?

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Michelle wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:50 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:19 am

Who is in your Poe again?
The theory I'm working with right now is that the civs besides me are:

Epi
Michelle
Tony
One of Speed/Tranq/ted (If I am right about Epi then it's not ted because they could not have had all town in the main level of Inception Day)

I think Dizzy is 3p

So that leaves:

Jay and two of speed/tranq/ted.

I'm looking through Tony right now to make sure he is solidly civ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Michelle wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:58 pm
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
Nanook
sprityo

tedxtr
Turnip Head

1. Epi or Ted

OR

2. Epi and Ted

OR

3. None of them = level one full of villas and all baddies in dream levels? Can this be?
My opinion is that level one could not have been all civs.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:02 am Tranq on Sloonei

Tranq wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm This is where i'm at right now:

CIV:
----
Dom
Epignosis
G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
juliets
TonyStarkPrime
Tranq

BAD:
----
ColinIsCool (not AM)
JaggedJimmyJay (not AM) or Turnip Head (not AM)
Sloonei (not AM)

NOT SURE:
----
Michelle (not AM, not Master)
speedchuck (not AM, not Master)
tedxtr (not AM, not Master)

If there are good reasons to dispute any of the above, let me know.

TH
Colin
Sloonei

TH
Colin
Sloonei
Whaddya got on Sloonei?
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr

Tranq wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:31 am I'll repeat myself:
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr

Is there anyone except JJJ and Sloonei that does not plan on voting JJJ tomorrow?

Tranq said nothing whatsoever about Sloonei until Day 6. He cast some late suspicion when it was obligatory and did nothing with it. He is still plenty compatible.
Disagree. Tranq was for a while the only voice of suspicion against Sloonei. I almost would’ve guessed he had some info.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:04 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:58 pm
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005
Nanook
sprityo

tedxtr
Turnip Head

1. Epi or Ted

OR

2. Epi and Ted

OR

My opinion is that level one could not have been all civs.
Also balance of probability, at this point.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

Tranq wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:21 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:01 am There's just no world where Sloonei isn't with someone that doesn't have some sort of high presence or having accumulated a lot of town reads. I just can't think about that. It's because of his lists containing lurkers as scum which is always what he's done. There has to be someone active as a mafia and I think that's just juliets. I don't know, maybe I was right for the wrong reasons earlier, but there's just no world for me where juliets isn't mafia. I don't know why or how she is being town read, someone needs to engage me, because I just think you're wrong.

I heard Jay's thoughts on her, I'm moreso looking for thoughts from people like Tranq, TSP, Michelle. Why you scum read her / town read her?
Ted, i've played a lot of games with juliets. I can't claim to always read her correctly, but in this game she definately sounds civ. As SVS said, bad juliets gets nervous. I'm not seeing that here.
There also are mechanical reasons for my civ read on juliets. I think it's very likely Dom had BTSC with juliets, or had BTSC with someone who could confirm juliets.
Agreed.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]

I like this post by Tony on N2 as it regards him not being on the Masters team. I don't think he would have been trying to turn us to look at the Masters team if he was on it.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:56 am I think pursuing a “who is teammates with Radish” line is just bad strategically. It’s what the other team wants to happen. Maybe it’s like

Town: 50
Master: 25
Anti-Monitor-25

on average and we change it to

Town: 60
Master: 40

by focusing on one faction, but I think friendly fire works to our advantage.

I’m more interested in who is scum without Radish.
This is also a gl for him not being on The Masters team:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:18 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:55 pm For the record though, sloonei is absolutely mac's teammate idk why y'all are sleeping on that fact.

TonyStarkPrime
I strongly agree with this notion.
This is Day 3 when everyone was talking sig and Mac. Tony was more convinced that Mac would be the right lynch, but he still had this thought. Another plus for him not being on the Masters team:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 pm Kinda wanna vote Sloonei
Tony does have some quotes in Night 3 that look like he's trying to find a way for sig to be town but I know around that time I also was looking at whether I had really given sig a fair shake and what the arguments were for him to be town. So ultimately I'm not really concerned about those posts of his.

Tony, were you advocating that we not vote for sig or that voting him was fine but we needed to be searching for the next lynch?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:34 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:31 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:30 am @TonyStarkPrime tell me about that vote
That was the first “not Sig” candidate vote. It’s representative of an idea, and a poorly formed one.
Cool. Can you try to expand to some degree on the poorly formed idea?
Day 4 I would have advocated hard for the lynch Sig plan. I did, to some extent, in our three person bubble. Today I think that we’re perhaps better off searching elsewhere — for two main reasons:
1) Three townies just died. With a missed Night 5 kill and then a likely Day 6 AM lynch (since the masters team knows who AM is, I think), we’re at 10v3 going into day 7 with no leads. With a good Night 5 kill, 11v2. I think we can pull off better than that with other options.
Another good luck for not being on the Masters team:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:42 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 am Day 4 I would have advocated hard for the lynch Sig plan. I did, to some extent, in our three person bubble. Today I think that we’re perhaps better off searching elsewhere — for two main reasons:
I don't necessarily disagree with your strategic perspective. I'm lynching sig anyway to eliminate his role. I was referring to the idea underlying your vote for Turnip Head instead of [insert some other non-sig player here].
first option that came to mind. It’s not instinct, it’s a “this person has been talked about as possible scum”. No other reason. Instinct would be pointed at Sloonei still.
Do you think Sloonei plus Jay is not possible?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:20 am The argument is paranoid. There is a either widely townread or “writing a masters thesis” heavy hitter on the scum team. There has to be. Why? It feels like there has to be.

I agree that it feels like there has to be.
I think it’s Sloonei, not Jay, but that’s not the point.
I don’t think it’s rational by any means.
Tony, I just noticed the part I underlined on review. Are you saying you know sigs partner voted Mac or sig said it?

@Tranq
@TonyStarkPrime
@sig, yes even you sig.

Ok, I see more evidence that he's not a Master than he's not the AM but as he pointed out, you could make an argument for almost anyone being the AM at this point. I stand by my town read of him today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:26 am One thing to be certain y'all assess when I am gone, and I suggest you assess it aggressively and interrogate the hell out of each other, is how players who've voted for me have justified doing so. That applies to this phase and previous phases.

This is a crucial Day 8 on which the game may turn, and it has become a dead space where literally everyone who isn't me has planted a vote on me and then gone off to take naps. You've done the mafia's work for them, and you've made their lives extremely easy today. Change that when I'm gone or I am going to be upset.
I've had varying levels of suspicion that you were no good from the beginning. If I am wrong about your alignment, then I will have earned my L. :shrug2:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:40 am Epignosis on Sloonei

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:48 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:01 am Tex/Michelle are my early town read
Jay and nanook early meh reada
1) tedxtr is town
Agreed.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:50 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 pm tedxtr who are your strongest town reads?
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:30 pm sig - S~V~S - Dys - juliets - Sloonei - TSP

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Shucks. Tell me about myself, dyslexicon, and tony.
(Insert: Why those three names, Sloonei?)
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:03 pm I don’t remember much of anything that Epi has said in this game. That is probably more my fault than his.
:|
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:09 pm I enjoy posting shticks as long as they don’t get in the way of generating actual content.
I don't feel like his did. You can change the last syllable of the refrain to anything in order to make the next line rhyme.

Which is frustrating because G-Man hasn't said all that much.

The first song says to lynch Dyslexicon.
The second song backpedals (?) on Dyslexicon.
The third song has him self-quoting saying he'll do his thing, mentioning that he was being a brat toward JJJ, and lamenting there being two teams.
The fourth song might be his most meaningful one. He named JJJ a suspect, you, and said he didn't trust Dom and S~V~S (so is this song about a salad? :grin: )
The fifth song calls you bad again.

The gimmick doesn't bother me. The fact that he gave himself an easy one but has provided very little in the way of substance does.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:47 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:35 pm Epi, you said I have responded to your wall, therefore you acknowledged it, so what's your vote still doing on me? No response to it at all? Did it satisfy your expectations / did it not? I don't think I comprehend what your vote is supposed to accomplish. are you scum reading me or
Just because you responded does not mean your response satisfies me. :dark:

It still doesn't sound genuine to me, as though you're buttering Sloonei up. Even now you followed his lead on G-Man (although I now see he has moved on to Turnip Head).
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:57 pm people with multiple votes:
G-man: Would vote.
Jack: Would not vote.
Mac: Would vote.
Radishes: Am currently voting.
Turnip Head: Would not vote.

I don't hate the way this poll looks. The wide vote spread is encouraging. But we're in the final hour now and it's probably time to start consolidating votes. If anyone has any additional beefs, we're running low on time.
Would you lynch JJJ's phony ass? :grin:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:12 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:59 pm

move your vote
Why?
Because Jay's town and we're not about to lynch him in the last half hour of the day with several viable options on the board.
Yesterday ruined me for this day phase. I can't keep up and shit keeps piling up.

Why is your preference Radishes over Mac?
It's not really. I've been on Radishes for a while because I like to keep the poll close during the day. I'm okay with either of them. I guess I do feel a little bit more strongly about Radishes, but that's probably just because I've been on him from the beginning and have not shaken that suspicion. It's a more entrenched case for me. With Mac I just feel icky about one post he made. Other people have had a lot more to say about him.
I'm also open to G-man.
Turnip Head has four votes. Your take on him?
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:04 pm Dizzy's proposed hot potato on my is not a bad look. There were several established counterwagons already on the board, including Mac who does not look like a compatible Radish partner. If anyone wanted to save Radishes, all they needed to do was vote Mac.
Agreed.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:18 am I wish I'd asked him to explain why those names in particular stood out to him.
You still can. :grin:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:17 am
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:49 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:49 pm Sloonei's Shoes is a p good band name
The Paprika Sneakas.
:clap:
I join your applause of that quip.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:21 am I left Dom and Epi off of the joint list. Both of them were listed as "incidentally present" on my list, which wasn't really a judgment of alignment either way. Radish named them as names, but didn't have a ton to say about either of them. Jay had Epi in his top tier of green reads, and Dom in the orange tier.

So put Epi in the "mixed reviews" category and Dom in "neutral/negative".
How am I a mixed review?
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:26 am Vote Jack and sleep well.

That's what I'm doing.

Good night all.

Also fuck you Sloonei I'm not reading it.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:39 pm Sloonei:
:shrug2:
Be back later (maybe).
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:27 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:20 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:19 pm What are you asking me, nutella? I'm quite behind and don't know the context.
If sig is bad, there’s a 50% chance he starts the day with -2 votes. A tie doesn’t do much and may just be ensuring a mac lynch.
And then MacDougall gets lynched instead, which is apparently the itinerary for Day 4 as I understand it. What's it matter? :shrug2:
The ghost of Dyslexicon laid out a plan for isolating the last remaining member of sig’s supposed team. Also sig is more bad than Mac.
I'm a few posts from that red wall. I'll get there, though it will be after my 7pm EST deadline probably.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:34 pm We can now do two sets of interactive isos. This may literally kill me.
I'm not doing a goddamn thing.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 pm sig's still a top suspect.
I don't agree. Lynch Jack.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:31 pm I'll be with you clowns later (hopefully). I'm in the middle of Sloonei's latest novel.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:28 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:22 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 pm Someone ask me something mafia related. Fuck NBA. Fuck hysteria.
JaggedJimmyJay and Turnip Head: what are their alignments?
Anti
Do you mean they are aligned opposite one another, or they are both anti-town? Or something else entirely?
They're not on the same side. I was trying to be funny. Now I must pee. When I come back, I'll tell you more about what I think.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:22 pm I do not have a read on Epi outside of the interactive analysis that I've done. That's unusual.
Sounds like a you problem.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:45 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:41 pm I've read everything but Sloonei's latest novel. I am current other than that.
I really don’t expect everyone to read all that nonsense. The rainbow list at the end tells you what’s essential.
Then why do you publish it?
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:19 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:16 pm There wasn’t even a case on GMan.
Read the damn thread with the rest of us please.
Do you suspect Jack?

Well there is one stand-out attribute to this review:

Epignosis never, not once, in not even a single post, provided a stance on Sloonei or stated an opinion of Sloonei.

The rest of these posts are a bunch of nothing.

Epignosis makes a viable suspect, and he should be in everyone's elimination pool. If he isn't in yours, then please stop being such a silly person and reassess. I'd call him a "backup" Master team candidate with Tranq and Tony.

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Juliets I’m not 100 percent sure on the Sig teammate thing. Sig did imply numerous times that he was trying to stay alive, trying to fool us. He said he wasn’t dying any time soon. He wasn’t being bussed.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:11 am Shit, even you have no scum reads right now. Your play thus far has been lack luster and you aren't taking any stances, wondering why. And now just through your posturing I can tell you are looking for reasons to scum lean me, YOU HAVE NOT READ A SINGLE POST OF MINE AND HAVE NO READ ON ME.

You aren't taking any stances.
Is this directed at juliets or someone else?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:04 pm My opinion is that level one could not have been all civs.
Why not?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:24 pm Juliets I’m not 100 percent sure on the Sig teammate thing. Sig did imply numerous times that he was trying to stay alive, trying to fool us. He said he wasn’t dying any time soon. He wasn’t being bussed.
Thanks Tony, my thought is we can't trust a damn thing sig said after he was exposed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:31 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:04 pm My opinion is that level one could not have been all civs.
Why not?
I guess if it was randed it could be but wouldn't the hosts have wanted there to be mafia on every level so there was balance? Do you think level one could have had all civs? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something about the way the levels worked.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:38 pm
Why not?
I guess if it was randed it could be but wouldn't the hosts have wanted there to be mafia on every level so there was balance? Do you think level one could have had all civs? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something about the way the levels worked.
If it was random or if the hosts decided, then sig's power is not necessarily a benefit to his team, as one or more of sig's teammates could have found themselves on that level and vulnerable to a lynch. The role is only beneficial to sig's team if sig got to choose who went where so that he could keep his team safe for one Day phase.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:43 pm
Why not?
If it was random or if the hosts decided, then sig's power is not necessarily a benefit to his team, as one or more of sig's teammates could have found themselves on that level and vulnerable to a lynch. The role is only beneficial to sig's team if sig got to choose who went where so that he could keep his team safe for one Day phase.
I definitely believe sig picked where he went and if I'm reading you right you think sig would have picked maybe level 2 for the AM. That makes sense. What about the Masters people though wouldn't they have been spread across levels unless the levels were randed for everyone but sig and the AM?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:53 pm
Why not?
I definitely believe sig picked where he went and if I'm reading you right you think sig would have picked maybe level 2 for the AM. That makes sense. What about the Masters people though wouldn't they have been spread across levels unless the levels were randed for everyone but sig and the AM?
If I'm right and sig grouped everyone, the other team could be among any of the levels. It's a devious little role secret in that it has a potential secondary benefit for pushing (or allowing to stand) the fallacy that there "has to be" at least one bad guy per level.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Tranq[/mention]

I just read through Tranq's posts and I think he sounds town. He's made some mistakes like Colin and TH but many of us made that same mistake. He voted Mac on Day 3. He thought G-Man was town, Mac was bad (voted him on day 3) and then he said he agreed with Epi on Jack (this was Day 3) and I think Epi thought Jack was town. It's kind of hard to tell so I may not have that right.

He thought Sloonei and Jay were bad. We don't know about Jay yet but we do Sloonei.

These were his Day 7 scum reads and they look ok to me. (I still have to read speed and ted but Tranq may be ahead of me on this) :
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr

These are his Day 8 scum reads:
Tranq wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:43 am Anti-Monitor:
speedchuck

Master:
JaggedJimmyJay
tedxtr

@JaggedJimmyJay out of ted and speed, who's your best guess to be the Anti-Monitor?
I said this same thing - it was poo-poohed by speed I think because he thought it was the only reason I was voting Jay but I still think it's a valid observation:
Tranq wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:09 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:55 pm I think Town is Jay Epi Me Michelle punch it in.
Read Jack's last couple of pages, Tony. It's very likely Jack tracked Jay and caught him killing someone.
And I know this is just me saying this but his read of me is right on the money.

Even though he sounds town to me at the moment I will reserve my final read until I've reviewed ted and speed. Unless I'm wrong about someone else only one of the three can be town.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:01 pm
Why not?
If I'm right and sig grouped everyone, the other team could be among any of the levels. It's a devious little role secret in that it has a potential secondary benefit for pushing (or allowing to stand) the fallacy that there "has to be" at least one bad guy per level.
Ok thanks for explaining. I'll sit with this for awhile. That's not how it worked in the original game but this is LC/BR's version of Inception and could have a nasty little twist like that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Michelle wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:18 am Dead
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Salvadore - Killed self Day 1 to determine lynch target
nutella - Prometheus - Lynched Day 1
No one died on Night 1 - Mac was targeted by Anti Monitor team (Sig's slip)

Master Radishes - Dennis Reynolds - Lynched Day 2
Dyslexicon - Killed Night 2 - by Saitama. most probably Dizzy was a villager
sabie12 - Uncle Fester - Killed Night 2 - Turnip Head targeted Michelle and the action was switched to Sabie12 (THs claim)

MacDougall - Saitama - Lynched Day 3
No NK night 3 - Role block or the AM team had to choose between the kill and the Inception plan?
I think Turnip's Iso in the next day needs to be checked and G-man's. Who else could RB?

sprityo - Lassie - Lynched Day 4
S~V~S - The Oracle - Killed Night 4 A fear kill from wolves would kill Svs or Nut here? And if one was the victim of the red team, the second kill was a towny action?
nutella 2.0 - Santa - Killed Night 4

sig - The Architect - Lynched Day 5
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2.0 - Harriet - killed Night 5 - The AM killed Nanook here. We have to check Nanook 02 Iso

ColinIsCool - Awards Presenter - Lynched Day 6
Turnip Head - Jack of All Trades - Lynched Day 6
Dom - Seamus Fitzroy - Killed Night 6 Why Dom again?

G-Man - Aja - Lynched Day 7
Jackofhearts2005 - Agatha Heterodyne - Killed Night 7 Jack was so convinced JJJ is bad that his NK points out for sure at him. That means Jay is never the AM i think.
Sloonei - The Master - Killed Night 7
GOAT shot!
Coloured it all, i think my brain works better like this.
Please correct me if i made mistakes

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Why not?
for 5 y o ppl that means after he safely put the AM most probably in the midde level the rest of players are randomly distributed between levels?

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Michelle wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:27 pm
Why not?
for 5 y o ppl that means after he safely put the AM most probably in the midde level the rest of players are randomly distributed between levels?
I imagine he was mostly concerned with himself. I wouldn't make any other assumptions, not when the game rides on it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why not?
My theory is that sig picked where everybody went. Maybe people he viewed as a threat got picked for the "real" level (in which case, I will take that as a compliment :grin: ), but even if sig only picked for his team and everybody else got randomly assigned, it still amounts to the same thing (that the power is only useful for the team if sig has a say in where people go- otherwise the power could be catastrophic for that team rather than helpful). I hope that makes sense.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

If Sig had full control, the way he split it seems ideal for his purposes. I think that’s likely.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Why not?
My theory is that sig picked where everybody went. Maybe people he viewed as a threat got picked for the "real" level (in which case, I will take that as a compliment :grin: ), but even if sig only picked for his team and everybody else got randomly assigned, it still amounts to the same thing (that the power is only useful for the team if sig has a say in where people go- otherwise the power could be catastrophic for that team rather than helpful). I hope that makes sense.
yes it has.

Michelle
Made Man

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 7]

Post by Michelle »

Michelle wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:36 am
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:09 am
Opining tomorrow. Data now:

Day 1 :
1 Dizzy - Tony
1 Jack - Spityo
1 JJJ - Radishes
6 Radishes - JJJ, Ted, Svs, Michelle, Sloonei, Dizzy
1 Nanook01 - Sig
6 Nutella01 - Nanook01, Turnip, Sabie, Jack, Mac, Dom
2 Speed - Epi, Nutella01

Day 2

1 GMan - Ted
7 Mac - Speed, Sig, Jack, Dom, Sabie, Sprityo, Nanook02
9 Radishes - Tony, JJJ, Svs, Sloonei, Epi, Juliets, Mac, Colin, Turnip
2 Sloonei - Dizzy, GMan
3 Turnip - Michelle, Tranq, Radishes

Day 3

2 Jack - Turnip, Mac
10 Mac - Ted, Tony, GMan, Jack, Michelle, Nanook, Sig, Sprityo, Epi, Tranq
8 Sig - Colin, Svs, Sloonei, Dom, Speed, Nutella02, JJJ, Juliets

Day 4 main poll

3 Nanook02 - Epi, Sprityo, TurnipHead
5 Sprityo - Dom, Colin, Ted, Nanook02, Jack

Day 4 poll in a dream level

1 Juliets - Michelle
3 Michelle - Speed, Sloonei, JJJ
2 Speed - GMan, Juliets

Day 4 Limbo Poll
???? (Sig, Tranq, Tony)

Day 5

4 JJJ - Tranq, Colin, Dom, Epi
1 Nanook02 - Sig
10 Sig - Ted, Speed, Nanook02, TurnipHead, Sloonei, Juliets, Michelle, JJJ, Jack, TSP

Day 6

8 Colin - Dom, Michelle, Tranq, Juliets, Jack, Epi, JJJ, Speed
4 Speed - GMan, TSP, TurnipHead, Colin
1 Ted - Sloonei
Colouring the flipped of this post. I don't have time yet to put the last polls but I wanted a view of the first polls.
The answer is here but idk how to read it.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”