Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 9]

Post by juliets »

Sorry [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention], I shouldn't mafia when I'm tired - I meant you, not ted. I still have the question though, even if it's unrelated.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:07 pm Let me continue, as the day went on and Sig took over the vote count, me and Jack spent the second half of the day trying to convince people to vote for Mac over Sig.
:srsnod: Those pretty good reasons.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Tranq »

speedchuck's posts today make him sound a bit better than Ted. It looks like he's willing to figure things out. speed, please post more about what you're thinking here.
Ted, meanwhile, is considering no option other than "Tranq is Sloonei's teammate". That's ridiculous. At this point, i'd be ok with changing my vote to Ted.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:43 pm Ted, what were you going to say when you said "...and as sig took over the vote count, I realized something..."? You realized what?
That was me and what I realized was completely unrelated to that. I’m voting for Speed right now but I’d kinda bet on Ted / Epi?
What happened to "it's not Ted"? Why aren't you answering this question?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Day 2: Dyslexicon starts suspecting tedxtr. Note Dyslexicon gets killed the next night.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 99#p588399
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 08#p588408
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 35#p588435
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 07#p588507

Ghost Dizzy considers tedxtr a prime next target:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 02#p590302

Here Ghost Dizzy points out Mac was confirmed scum in Ted's mind before Mac was lynched:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:03 pm Ted
tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:30 pm There’s just something illogical that doesn’t sit right with me. If there’s the slightest chance sig is a town, why are you voting for him instead of basically outed wolf Mac no matter sig’s alignment? If it’s so clear to you that he TMI’d Mac, why wouldn’t you ask yourself “is this a wolf tming or a town tming” and vote for him instead of Mac?

:shrug:
This is bad though. Cause you write as if Mac should've been confirmed scum for some reason, but he wasn't. He only was that for Sig and whoever is on his team so...
For me, Sig was even more confirmed scum than Mac was (though both of them being scum was like 95 %)
Ghost Dizzy links tedxtr to Mac:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 32#p591332

Ghost SVS could get behind a tedxtr lynch:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 92#p591092

Day 2:
tedxtr does not think Mac is scum:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 35#p588335
Master Radishes points out Mac and Ted could be teammates (note at this point, MR already knows Mac is mafia): http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 43#p588343
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:32 am Hold on. If Mac flips wolf, Ted may have just outed himself as his teammate.
Ted still thinks Mac is not scum, and wants to lynch G-Man instead:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 66#p588366

Day 3:
Ted again wants to lynch G-Man over Mac:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 06#p589706
Suddenly changes his mind and votes Mac, no reason stated. At this point Mac was going down anyway. But also says he wouldn't mind the Mac lynch CFD'd to juliets:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 66#p590266
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Don't tell me how I should act. You have no idea how I feel / what thoughts are going through my mind.

I've already stated I'm considering the last person, but right now, you're just PoE'd, locked, there's no reason to let you live. I will search for your team mate, you have 30 posts and 2/3 of them are stating reads, not even interaction. It's just stupid if you think I would have any idea of what your team mate would be based on your interactions alone.

I know that based on flipped wolfs interactions, you're scum. In order to find out who your team mate is, I'd have to force interactions, how do I do that? I fucking lead a lynch on you. You flip red and whoever stayed off wagon or wanted to lynch me instead, they get piked tomorrow.

That, at the moment, would be Epi. Epi and speedy have very similar approaches, they both have the same tone, both have things going for them and against them.

You don't even have a team mate compatible with me as well, you just say it's speedchuck when you have no reason to believe that than PoE reasons. Even you don't have anything on me or speed that locks as one thing or the other.

Stay in your own mind and don't try to dictate how mine should work. You're locked scum for me and there's nothing wrong with me driving your lynch if that is my thought. You have 40 posts, you had shit interactions, you're wolf. There's really nothing else for me to address. You killed the one person town reading me and you're trying to win juliets over. There's nothing to town read you based off arguing Dizzy is town when you janitored her.

The only way you win today is if you get the one person town reading me out of the game and lynching me, when literally everyone expressed a scum read on me. JJJ put in the work to demonstrate I'm civ, I don't fit with anyone. However, you fit perfectly with Sloonei.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

The only thing that makes you scum read me is based on your perception of what a town would act like on Day 9 of a champion game and that's it. You haven't addressed anything prior to this, and you have no reason to do so, because when you have a monitor that is tunneled on me and you just gave her the key to being the IC for today and lead the lynch while you hide in her shadow, there's no reason that you really need to point to and just coast on this irrational push on me.

You just have to point to scummy things that never make someone likely to flip wolf, just things that paint someone wolf. You literally aren't looking for anyone, you are pushing me and seeing where the suspicion lies. If speed is not wolf, then you're narrowing it to me and not considering anyone, so it's literally the exact same thing you're doing lmao.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Tranq wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:31 am I'll repeat myself:
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:25 am Mafia:
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr

These are my best guesses. Would be ok with lynching any of them.
Is there anyone except JJJ and Sloonei that does not plan on voting JJJ tomorrow?
[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] I saw you say that Tranq was hard pushing Sloonei. Is this what you think of when you say hard pushing?
Tranq wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:33 pm This is where i'm at right now:

CIV:
----
Dom
Epignosis
G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
juliets
TonyStarkPrime
Tranq

BAD:
----
ColinIsCool (not AM)
JaggedJimmyJay (not AM) or Turnip Head (not AM)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2.0
Sloonei (not AM)

NOT SURE:
----
Michelle (not AM, not Master)
speedchuck (not AM, not Master)
tedxtr (not AM, not Master)

If there are good reasons to dispute any of the above, let me know.
Tranq wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:34 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 am There has been little coordination in here despite some folks saying there needs to be coordination in here. Let's coordinate the two lynches gang.

If you haven't given me a top three suspects yet, do it.
TH
Colin
Sloonei
Tranq wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:35 am
Tranq wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:34 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 am There has been little coordination in here despite some folks saying there needs to be coordination in here. Let's coordinate the two lynches gang.

If you haven't given me a top three suspects yet, do it.
TH
Colin
Sloonei
Whaddya got on Sloonei?
Elimination. I wasn't able to write Not-Master next to their name.
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:25 am Mafia:
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr

These are my best guesses. Would be ok with lynching any of them.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

And the next post Tranq made was calling J scum based on interactions with Sloonei.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 8]

Post by tedxtr »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:41 am Sloonei on tedxtr

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:01 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:58 amDo you not want me to ask you questions?
Explain why this question exists
ted's response looked as if he was trying to shove me away.
I don't see that. It looks like you shoehorned that in there for attitude.

I have a suspicion of Sloonei.
How do you read him?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:58 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:36 pm It doesn't move me very much. You'll see Town Sloon soon enough, and I can develop a read on you without it. If you have a specific point you'd like me to address, give it.
An accusation of you doesn't move you? :goofp:

JJJ dissing Sloonei is inherently unusual and would on its own power seem to demand some kind of interchange -- one I wouldn't expect to have to press for. You suggested ted was sort of dodging you; I didn't get that impression. I saw him pose a philosophical question of general strategy (i.e. "how much can you really glean from X?") without a dismissive tone. Folks often don't know what to do with your questions, Sloonbeard, it's something that has gotten you into trouble.

Moreover, my initial spark of suspicion came as a product of "do you not want me to ask questions?". That is itself hardly an accusation, but it seems as though you bear some degree of suspicion of ted. That was unclear to me until I asked just now. Clarity is not something I am used to lacking with Sloonei.
A Day 0 poo fling from Jay is a very usual thing. But since we're here:
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:49 am Could you please define this swag and also indicate where its absence can be noted?
Swag can’t be identified just felt

It’s just fancy code names for tone reads

Epi was awkward in his exchange with J and you have good tone

Are you gonna get anything from my alignment out of me developing why a tone is good / bad for me? I don’t even think I can do that tbh, it will turn out to be an incoherent chaining of words that don’t help anyone to read me

I just wanted to throw my suspicions out and let people know who I’m observing. It’s page 2 reads anyway, it’s some place to build from.
Each of the bottom two paragraphs here struck me as suggesting discomfort from ted. You highlighted the first paragraph, which I acknowledge could be a response from a player who is not accustomed to my aggressive style of questioning. But the bottom paragraph resonated more strongly with me. "I just wanted to throw my suspicions out and let people know who I'm observing." The wording suggests that my light pressure has put him in a spot that he does not want to be in. Whether he doesn't want to be in that spot because his reads are bogus, or because he's not accustomed to providing so much detail this early on, I do not know.

ted was town in All My Circuits and sprit's wacky social experiment thing. I should review those games.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:30 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:16 pmYou've been saying this all game and haven't even hinted at a reason why. Why?
Well, strike the beginning of the game, cause I hadn't even read your posts. But I don't really remember much from your posts tbh. So maybe a better question is - what does your reads look like at this point?
Jack, SVS, juliets, sig are town.
nutella and ted are a tier below but still town. I think I feel good about Michelle too.
I tend to trust Jay out of the gate because we think along similar lines. If I find myself disagreeing with him down the road, he becomes a suspect.
Radishes is the only solid suspect that I have right now. I would like to branch out from that, but I'm lacking energy.

I have expressed most of these reads prior to now.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:12 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:11 pm
Dom wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:07 pm I’m happy with the result but annoyed the day ended early because my theory will have to wait.

I don’t trust G-Man or tedexter. Ted still hasn’t answered my question. He made a point of people @ ing him to get his attention. I specifically did that and didn’t see an answer.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I’ll be absent most of now.
if i don't answer questions it's because they were most likely either answered or easily searchable. that is, if you truly wanted an answer for what you were looking for.
It doesn’t hurt to re-state things so others can have easy access to your answer.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:20 pm This exchange is telling me less than nothing.

Dom: what do you want Ted to tell you?
Ted: what is your answer to Dom’s question?
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 pm tedxtr who are your strongest town reads?
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:31 pm I’m sitting here impatiently waiting for Dom to respond to ted’s reads and then I remembered it’s his birthday and he should be doing other things :p

Dom when you can, are you satisfied with the reads ted has shared? Has he answered your question?
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:50 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:40 pm The reason you're on the lower end is because I remember your early start that was aesthetically pleasing. I saw you had good , well-timed questions but I am sort of reluctant to town read you fully because, other than that, I honestly don't remember anything else you've done. I just remember you being there and kind of skimming your posts. I'm wanting to see some sort of aggressive push from you or something.

Dys I had tons of mindmelds with. At first I thought the way they came in the thread saying "Watch me do nothing this game, what are you gonna do about it" kind of attitude and then giving that read on Michelle felt sort of contradictory, emotionally speaking. As in, you imply you don't give a crap, but you post a shallow read on Michelle, like you felt forced to do it. I also thought it was too early of a town read, even for Michelle, which I also have tons of meta with. Otherwise, their recent content has been good and we mindmelded ever since that initial scum lean.

TSP's a read that's like broadly applied to my mental map of how town!lurkers approach a game as opposed to scum!lurkers. There's no scum agenda behind his posting, and with scum lurkers, the usual mentality is "ah I gotta post something good to make up for my absence" and that usually turns into awkward reads on people and shit. The reason he's that low is because I didn't like his early Jay read joke thing which read as awkward and I want to look for some form of thought process that I can easily follow through and get rid of this paranoia for his slot. It's this low because it's a general approach to reading lurkers and I need some more context to be more confident in it.
Regarding myself, I’ve definitely dropped below my desired level of play. I’ve had an annoying fever the last few days and reading this thread has literally been painful. I’m about 75% better now.

Your explanation for why you town read dizzy features a lot of reasons not to town read dizzy. Why?

I appreciate your perspective on Tony.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:19 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:57 pm No it doesn't? I started out with an early scum read and I'm explaining how it turned out to be otherwise. Once my initial theory on her trying to fake bravado and seeing she dropped the shtick, after she started posting a lot, I started getting lukewarm about the slot and between skims I saw some reads that expressed the EXACT same thoughts I had (re : S~V~S) which was an uncontroversial read that it was hard explaining but I appreciated someone else having the same thought. It could be bad reasoning but I sometimes am not, uh, really mindmelding with anyone and having someone occasionally do just that just makes me instantly town read them. Been liking their progress and in hindsight, the whole "watch me slank" and this obviously not being the case is probably more town indicative, because they thought they'd have no reason to play this / just wanted to roll with the whole "i'mma have fun", but they can't stop commenting on posts to extract information. So the hypocrisy here comes from town.
I mean, it does:
tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:40 pm Dys I had tons of mindmelds with. At first I thought the way they came in the thread saying "Watch me do nothing this game, what are you gonna do about it" kind of attitude and then giving that read on Michelle felt sort of contradictory, emotionally speaking. As in, you imply you don't give a crap, but you post a shallow read on Michelle, like you felt forced to do it. I also thought it was too early of a town read, even for Michelle, which I also have tons of meta with. Otherwise, their recent content has been good and we mindmelded ever since that initial scum lean.
I guess it's all one reason, but it takes up more than half of the text you wrote. That strikes me as an odd way to frame a town read.

As for your response: that makes more sense. I asked about Dizzy because I've been struggling to develop a firm read on them this game. I see lots of bouncing around but not a lot of firm reads. I don't read that as a bad thing, but it inhibits my ability to commit to a confident read of my own. I think the picture you paint here reflects a version of Town DIzzy I've seen in the past. I kinda forget what scum Dizzy looks like though.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:45 pm I like Dom more. I think Dom has taken on an incisive, fierce tone that feels both authentic and generally civilian in character.
What do you make of the whole dom/ted thing on the last page?
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:47 pm I don't trust speedchuck.
Any reasons you can share at the moment?
I'm about to begin a bunch of lab work, so I will try to get to your questions in a bit if I can.
Aight. I’m also interested in your thoughts on ted’s responses to my follow up questions after the exchange with dom.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:20 pm This exchange is telling me less than nothing.

You asked about this. I see two people talking past each other until ted figured out what Dom's question was (then ted answered the question). This exchange doesn't make me think less of either of them. It doesn't make me think much of anything.
you missed the other part where ted responded and i asked him a few more questions.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:03 pm

You asked about this. I see two people talking past each other until ted figured out what Dom's question was (then ted answered the question). This exchange doesn't make me think less of either of them. It doesn't make me think much of anything.
you missed the other part where ted responded and i asked him a few more questions.
I assume you're referring to the bit where you asked about how he presented his civilian read on Dizzy? If so, I understand why you'd be inclined to ask your question. I am not especially bothered by it on ted's part. When you asked him to expand on his town reads, he did so with a mind for the start-to-present progression which, in the case of Dizzy at least, meant that there was some degree of conflict in the read. But he landed on town -- he expanded on that further after your prod. You got beef?
A little bit. I'm getting hung up on the initial framing of his Dizzy read. It was "Dyslexicon is town. [Several lines of text explaining why Dyslexicon was previously not a town read]. Dyslexicon is town." The follow-up response was a better answer, but the first one felt like a non-answer, which recalled my Day 0 beef with ted.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:32 pm A little bit. I'm getting hung up on the initial framing of his Dizzy read. It was "Dyslexicon is town. [Several lines of text explaining why Dyslexicon was previously not a town read]. Dyslexicon is town." The follow-up response was a better answer, but the first one felt like a non-answer, which recalled my Day 0 beef with ted.
I think it's important that this dialogue began when you asked him for his strongest town reads -- the genesis of these comments existing was your brain as much as or more than ted's brain. He gave a small pile of names and ordered them, and then expanded on the names you asked about. He's giving you a rundown, which could be said to go above and beyond the call of your question.

The framing may be a bit different if ted had come up with the post entirely himself: "these are my strongest town reads and [here's why they're not town]"
The framing was part of my problem. When asked to justify a town read, Ted did the opposite and explained why he had previously had a scum read. If his follow-up had been the initial response, I'd have no issue. It just feels out of sync. But to be fair, I did like each of his other two answers in that same post. I don't think I would vote for ted right now, but it's something I'm keeping in mind.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:11 pm Ted, Jack, and Colin are the names to look into if we’re right about sig. Dom is a fringe candidate too, and I saw someone float Tranq as well. I have no reason to object to that.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:15 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:39 pm Why are we still talking about this instead of sig’s handling of radishes/sabie?
my methods of hunting put me two scum on a plate

and i think i have a really good point on juliets so i want people to hop in.
I was talking about people talking about sig’s slip.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:55 pm I'm doing school junk at the moment, but I'll throw my Day 0 beef with ted back into the mix because it may be relevant again:
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:09 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:58 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am Swag can’t be identified just felt

It’s just fancy code names for tone reads

Epi was awkward in his exchange with J and you have good tone

Are you gonna get anything from my alignment out of me developing why a tone is good / bad for me? I don’t even think I can do that tbh, it will turn out to be an incoherent chaining of words that don’t help anyone to read me

I just wanted to throw my suspicions out and let people know who I’m observing. It’s page 2 reads anyway, it’s some place to build from.
Tone reads always have underlying reasons.

I can't tell you what I'm going to get out of anything. I do things so we can all see what happens. Do you not want me to ask you questions?
How’d you twist me explaining why tone reads are holistic and are really subjective into me not wanting you to ask me questions lol. My point was that it’s an unproductive way of sorting me, not that I wouldn’t want you to ask me questions lol

Regarding J’s request, i’ll do it some time later prob in like 30 minutes idk i have class

Cyaaaaa
Your bottom two paragraphs read like you don't want to be part of this conversation. "Don't ask me to explain these things, just accept them." I will read you, one way or another, based on what I can glean from your activity. This is our first real mafia game together. My thing is that I ask people questions. Your answers will always tell me something.

Linki: stop posting, dickbutts.
I gave ted a generic Day 0 prod and he responded more defensively than I would have expected. "I just wanted to throw my suspicions out and let people know who I’m observing" felt particularly out of place, since the nature of my initial question was "can you explain the reads you just shared?"
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:30 pm I have been keeping an eye on the thread though and have a few general comments.

I get skepticism, but Jack's suggestion that one of myself, Jay, or juliets must be bad feels arbitrary. I'm not totally willing to write them off as suspects, but I have no urgent reason to regard them as suspects and can easily envision a world where they're both town.

The case against ted is the most intriguing new development I've seen today. The Jay case is paranoia bullshit at the moment as far as I can tell. I'm not sure why nanook has votes, but one of them is from sig which is goofy.

RIP Ghosts
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:09 pm daylight saving's got me all messed up. I feel like it should only be 5 right now but my clock says 7. We seem locked in on Colin vs. speedchuck at the moment. Has anyone come up with any new points on either of them that I might have missed? If we had to pivot to a third name (assuming TH is our secret lynch), who would it be?
ted
I can dig it. He had some Mac compatibility and was independently suspicion at least once.

I see that he is not currently voting. tedxtr who you gonna vote for?
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:20 pm [VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:24 pm When I have caught Epi in the past, it has been because he looks to have a deliberate plan in the thread. On those occasions, he has come into the game and made posts that all seem to be angling for something in particular. I have not observed that happening in this game, but I've also never given less energy to reading Epignosis in a game before. I'll ISO him at some point. I too need to put some energy in other places right now. I'll have at least half an eye on this thing until the deadline. If anyone feels like kicking ted's tires that'd be neat, but we appear to be plunging into a colin lynch. I'm not as inspired to stop it as I was several days ago.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:26 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:26 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:22 pm Observers: Commence to comment.
I'm keen to lynch Colin. On that front, sure. I agree with your conclusion. One question:

You noted Colin agreeing with Dyslexicon about a point against Tony. You said you sought follow-up. Later you observed Colin's Day 2 vote for Tony and said you didn't know why he placed it. And lastly you mentioned that the "Tony stuff you were looking for" was vague.

Please expand on all of that. It looks disjointed to me, and at times I struggled to follow what you were saying in general within that case.
Colin didn't bother to interact with his suspects. That's a red flag. A vote doesn't mean anything to me, especially with more than one mafia. I was looking for Colin to parse his suspicion of Tony.

This is where I am. I'll read the rest after this in about an hour. And get roaring drunk. Again. :beer:
I feel like I just spoke this post into existence. :noble:
Talk to me about ted and speedchuck.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:08 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:30 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:24 pm When I have caught Epi in the past, it has been because he looks to have a deliberate plan in the thread. On those occasions, he has come into the game and made posts that all seem to be angling for something in particular. I have not observed that happening in this game, but I've also never given less energy to reading Epignosis in a game before. I'll ISO him at some point. I too need to put some energy in other places right now. I'll have at least half an eye on this thing until the deadline. If anyone feels like kicking ted's tires that'd be neat, but we appear to be plunging into a colin lynch. I'm not as inspired to stop it as I was several days ago.
He townread sig for a long while and then casually and quietly dropped him, if that helps
who is "he"?
Epi, the subject of your paragraph
I also talked about ted and colin, but noted
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:34 am [VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine

Because the needle never moved on him yesterday.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:20 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:34 am [VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine

Because the needle never moved on him yesterday.
What is this even saying? What are your thoughts on G-Man and why am I a better lynch than him?
It means that you were named as a suspect but your wagon never gained any momentum.

G-man is a player who is still technically in my POE, but I do not believe he is mafia. He checks all the boxes I want him to be checking. Sabie pushed a little too much against him for me to think he’s the anti-monitor, and he didn’t look compatible with Mac either.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:11 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:04 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:20 am

What is this even saying? What are your thoughts on G-Man and why am I a better lynch than him?
It means that you were named as a suspect but your wagon never gained any momentum.

G-man is a player who is still technically in my POE, but I do not believe he is mafia. He checks all the boxes I want him to be checking. Sabie pushed a little too much against him for me to think he’s the anti-monitor, and he didn’t look compatible with Mac either.
So you're suggesting my scum partners are some masterminds and we set the thread momentum?

This almost never is the case, but I guess I'll take the fearmongering as a compliment and I'll be sending it further to my non-existent FBI corrupt intel division.
Wut? We had three people up for a lynch yesterday and not much movement happened outside those three names. Two of them were lynched and were town. I don’t think it’s far-fetched to be wary of people who were potentially viable but never got off the ground.

There’s also process of elimination to consider here. There are a handful of people I’d remove from my poop of Mac-teammate-suspects. You’re not one of them.
What's your INDIVIDUAL read of me?
Most of my reads right now are derived from interactive analysis. You are a player that Macdougall had almost nothing to say about, despite you having a lot of (favorable) things to say about him. That stands out to me.

Why is it impossible to believe that your hypothetical mafia team could have manipulated the thread/poll momentum yesterday?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:25 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:19 pm Idgi. If mac had nothing to say to me but I was defending him, do you think that's how he treats a partner? Or someone that he wants to set up after his death? I'm obviously biased in this but I'm trying to understand why you're not reaching the same conclusion, did you make this analysis somewhere / is your explanation out there?

Mafia, in theory, anecdotally, have little to no power in shifting momentum from a player to another, it's ultimately the town's choice. and even if they pulled it off, it would out them in the process, which isn't worth it.
I mean, yeah, I did tons of work to arrive at these reads. But you were a single name in a wall of text, so I don't blame you for missing it. Here is the third and final installment in my Mac trilogy. You defended him, but he mostly ignored you and slapped an empty town read on you towards the end of his time in the game. I feel like Scum Mac would have been more inclined to interact with Town Ted if Town Ted was making such a fuss about not lynching Scum Mac.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:33 pm tedxtr which team is g-man on?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:12 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:03 pm so I read the sloonei case and I still can't understand why he's making the leap that I'm scum and not just town, the evidence is circumstantial at best. Who's scum other than me sloonei?
Observe the rainbow. Two of the bottom names were wrong, so it is likely flawed somewhere. But you and speedchuck remain among the oranges. Epi and Tranq were difficult to place. I would not be totally shocked if one of the light greens was also bad. I think Tony would be my first choice among them, but that's based largely on my general skepticism toward him as a player.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:10 pm ted's question is valid one. The best evidence that I am not a Master teamer is that I don't fit with anyone else in this damn poll.
If you are bad, you are the anti-monitor. I think.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:24 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:10 pm ted's question is valid one. The best evidence that I am not a Master teamer is that I don't fit with anyone else in this damn poll.
If you are bad, you are the anti-monitor. I think.
juicy. why? solely because of him not matching with anyone or is there something else?
ted hasn't read any of my novels :pout:

The short version is this: the only observable pattern in sabie's treatment of her two confirmed teammates (sig & radishes) is that she seemed to be actively avoiding them. This is more notable in the case of radishes, as she was prompted to talk about him multiple times but never said anything other than "I don't know." She was similarly prompted to talk about Jay a few times and never said much more than "I don't know." Jay was a big thread presence and is a player who sabie is familiar with.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:04 pm lynch ted i think.

Orange in Radish review

Orange in Mac review

Light green in sabie review

~~~

More than once, Sloonei dangled ted as a token suspect. I don't think any of this looks like distancing -- it looks like bullshit. It's possible there's some real anti-monitor suspicion in there, but I am inclined to think he just wanted a lynch. It's especially evident in that last pre-mortem post.

Doubt they're teammates.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:11 am Sloonei on Tranq

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:04 pm I forgot Tranq was playing. Tranq, get in here.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:57 pm Bottom 5 posters:
Tranq
Dragomir
G-man
sabie
speedchuck

Colin is 6th and Michelle is just behind him. Tranq has been AWOL. Drago was, but appeared at the start of this phase. Neither of them have done anything.
I’m frankly surprised that speedchuck has more posts than sabie and G-man; I feel like those latter two have been bigger presences in the thread.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:23 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:20 am Cross kills
Makes sense.

But if we’re talking about “keeping a low profile”, I feel like Drago and Tranq don’t really fit; they’ve simply been absent (I think). G-man and speedchuck would be the names that better fit the model of “coasting”.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:57 pm
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.
Hey wait why?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 pm Opinions please:
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.
Very hard to read much into that. It could be scum who's happy to see an easy parking spot for their vote, or it could be a civilian who hasn't been around and is happy to see that people who are paying attention share a hunch with him. Tranq and Drago are complete shrugs.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:54 pm i have no significant game experience with tranq so i can't make any meta assessments.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:08 pm Does anyone have anything to say about Tranq's contributions? They seem like your common scum slank style play.
What distinguishes scum lurking from town lurking?
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:11 pm Ted, Jack, and Colin are the names to look into if we’re right about sig. Dom is a fringe candidate too, and I saw someone float Tranq as well. I have no reason to object to that.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:59 am I would also like to add, though, that sig being in a 3-person thread with you (tony) and Tranq strengthens my belief that he triggered the thread split. If I was sig and I wanted a chance to survive a 3-person lylo/limbo phase (which was the mission in the original game) and I had control over one of the players that I brought with me, I'd choose Tranq 10 times out of 10 (meaning no offense. He's just been the lightest contributor and would be the most likely to simply no-show).
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:31 pm I'm about to finish gawking at the big D, but before I do I have a new question to ask:

Tranq
TonyStarkPrime
sig, yes even you sig.

What can you tell us about your thread yesterday? How did everyone behave down there? Was there anything unusual or noteworthy?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:16 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:31 pm I'm about to finish gawking at the big D, but before I do I have a new question to ask:

Tranq
TonyStarkPrime
sig, yes even you sig.

What can you tell us about your thread yesterday? How did everyone behave down there? Was there anything unusual or noteworthy?
I have the whole thing copied, but since we still have access to it it wouldn’t be moral to share. Tranq posted more than he’s posted in this thread, I think. Sig says he let a few clues out, but I think it’s kinda broad and still obviously WIFOMy. It was pretty slow. One note: Sig intend(s/ed) to stay alive. His teammate was voting for Mac. We tried to lynch Long Con, I figured out Quin was scum, that’s about it.
Tell me about tranq.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:03 pm so I read the sloonei case and I still can't understand why he's making the leap that I'm scum and not just town, the evidence is circumstantial at best. Who's scum other than me sloonei?
Observe the rainbow. Two of the bottom names were wrong, so it is likely flawed somewhere. But you and speedchuck remain among the oranges. Epi and Tranq were difficult to place. I would not be totally shocked if one of the light greens was also bad. I think Tony would be my first choice among them, but that's based largely on my general skepticism toward him as a player.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm This is only even a contest because Jay has teammates.

If GMan has teammates, they’re bussing. Yet there are five votes for town Jay?

No way that’s happening. Just look at the vote count and tell me Jay can even be town here.
All it takes is one or two vocal civilians promoting a case and the wolves can start circling.
Who are the wolves on Jay’s wagon?
From most to least suspicious:
Speedchuck
Epi
Tranq
Tony
You

Absent in Radish review

Light green in Mac review

Light green in sabie review

~~~

As usual with Tranq, there's little to talk about here. I highlighted one post that I really disliked -- Sloonei answered my call for opinions on a Tranq post with a worthless waffle of nothing. Overall this doesn't scream at me, but they can be teammates.

Compatible
ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

[VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine

Feeling pretty good about this now. He's not even considering the option that others have pointed out. Who do you think killed Sloonei, Ted?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Tranq[/mention] I will read your ted links in just a bit but yeah, I agree that speed's responses look pretty good yesterday.

ted, I don't know why you're not considering the option that Tranq is town. Michelle was really harping on those double kills which is the key and she got deaded. The Masters team did not want people to realize Tranq was town. And I don't know why you think Tranq is hiding behind me, he is out in front leading. The fact that you won't consider the theory behind Tranq being town adds to my suspicion of you.

I'll be back in a bit.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sorry [mention]tedxtr[/mention] I didn't alert you above ^.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Tranq[/mention] I appreciate you digging up those quotes, especially Dizzy's. At this point I'm more inclined to vote ted than speedchuck so I will do so now. I will keep reviewing posts from them and about them both today to make sure I am comfortable there.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] do you have the Day 7 and Day 8 Lynch polls you could post in your Polls spoiler?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:45 am I know that based on flipped wolfs interactions, you're scum. In order to find out who your team mate is, I'd have to force interactions, how do I do that? I fucking lead a lynch on you. You flip red and whoever stayed off wagon or wanted to lynch me instead, they get piked tomorrow.

That, at the moment, would be Epi.
Ah, I see. If I change my vote to Tranq, I cease being bad. I'm understanding how this works more and more each day. :kadaj:
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:45 am Epi and speedy have very similar approaches, they both have the same tone, both have things going for them and against them.
Talk about these things. What are these things?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Tranq wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:09 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:04 pm
Tranq wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:55 am
Tranq wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:52 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:22 am He’s part of PoE but i suspect you more.
If you think i'm bad, who's my teammate? Name someone.
How would you explain the Night 7 GOAT kill on Sloonei?
someone else got the bow
Good thought, but unlikely. TH tried to use the bow again on Night 5 but it was blocked, so he still had it on him when he died Day 6.
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm I want to be buried with my bow
Okay so 3P secrets kill one
Yes, that's been my assumption aswell.

Who do you think the 2 remaining mafia members are, @TonyStarkPrime ?
[mention]juliets[/mention] town didn't kill Sloonei?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:55 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:22 am He’s part of PoE but i suspect you more.
someone else got the bow
Good thought, but unlikely. TH tried to use the bow again on Night 5 but it was blocked, so he still had it on him when he died Day 6.

@juliets town didn't kill Sloonei?
speed, no disrespect intended, why have you directed this question to me? I was not a party in this conversation.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 am

someone else got the bow

speed, no disrespect intended, why have you directed this question to me? I was not a party in this conversation.
Yes. Question directed at you.

You're townclearing tranq, best I can tell, for killing Sloonei.
Tranq does not think town killed sloonei.

That makes no sense.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 8]

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:25 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:19 pm Can you expand on your TSP read?
He fits with Sloonei and Sloonei fits with him

The Mac interaction isn't quite like that. Something's gotta give. I struggle to see a Master team that isn't two of these three people: Epignosis, Tony, Tranq
This was Jay's end read on Tony. It's worth looking into. Jay had Tony as a top town read, and the interactions with Mac bolstered that, but the interactions with Sloonei apparently damned him.

Just because there are so few people compatible with Sloonei. It would make more sense for Tony to distance with Mac than with Sloonei, given the attitude of Mac in the game.

I'm not willing to clear Tony from my suspect list.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

At the same time, we had this before the Sloonei lynch:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:05 pm Are you a Master???

Epignosis - Definitely could be. People defending you are clueless. That's to your advantage though, so hats off sir.
Jackofhearts2005 - This would surprise me. Jack's got a Socky for this sort of thing so it's not impossible. But it would surprise me.
juliets - She technically could be. I don't really see it, but yanno she's a quality player and shouldn't be underestimated.
Michelle - At this point she's odds on, I think. There aren't many alternatives!
Sloonei - Very good chance. The stars are aligned.
speedchuck - After last night's meltdown, I suspect not? He hates appeal to emotion, and that would have been the worst kind.
tedxtr - Sure, could be. There aren't any good reasons to say otherwise.
TonyStarkPrime - At this point Tony would surprise me the most. I hope it happens.
Tranq - lol sure why not
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Let's say that Juliets is out. Let's assuming tranq is 3P and out. That leaves four players: myself, Epi, Tony, and Ted.

I have to pick ONE of Epi, Tony, and Ted to be town. The other two would be scum.

That's proving really difficult.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:35 am @Long Con do you have the Day 7 and Day 8 Lynch polls you could post in your Polls spoiler?

Done. Sorry, I always get lazier as the game goes on.
:haha:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:25 pm

someone else got the bow

That makes no sense.
speed, I'm sorry you're frustrated and I'm sorry this is confusing but I've said as much as I can say about Tranq.

Even if you believe Tranq is bad there has to be one other bad guy. Maybe it's best if we pool efforts and try to get at that. We're not going to win if we don't figure that out.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:35 am @Long Con do you have the Day 7 and Day 8 Lynch polls you could post in your Polls spoiler?

Done. Sorry, I always get lazier as the game goes on.
:haha:
Thank you awesome host!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:49 pm Let's say that Juliets is out. Let's assuming tranq is 3P and out. That leaves four players: myself, Epi, Tony, and Ted.

I have to pick ONE of Epi, Tony, and Ted to be town. The other two would be scum.

Which two if you had to say right now?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:28 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:25 pm

That makes no sense.
speed, I'm sorry you're frustrated and I'm sorry this is confusing but I've said as much as I can say about Tranq.

Even if you believe Tranq is bad there has to be one other bad guy. Maybe it's best if we pool efforts and try to get at that. We're not going to win if we don't figure that out.
I am no longer enjoying this.

I can't actually move forward with a big question mark over Tranq like you are suggesting. It HEAVILY affects my game solving.

Asking for a coherent stance on a player's alignment in MYLO should not be unreasonable.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:47 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:49 pm Let's say that Juliets is out. Let's assuming tranq is 3P and out. That leaves four players: myself, Epi, Tony, and Ted.

Which two if you had to say right now?
Haven't reviewed Ted yet. Narrowing it down to 2/2 isn't helpful.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by speedchuck »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am Sloonei town

TSP town

Epi scum

Catch y’all later
This would be a crazy post for Ted to make D0 if he were scum with Sloonei and Tony.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 6]

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:37 pm Speed, G-Man on masters team
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:51 pm G-man still, speed still , maybe Jack

jack, did you ever play a scum game with me? pretty sure you did. i mean, a game where i was scum and you town.

p-edit : was talking about J^3
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:34 pm Everyone may as well submit a list with who the master team is for the anti monitor and hope he fucking cleans this mess

G-Man
Speedchuck
Jack

In this exact order. I think I’m 2/3 in there.

Everyone should do this, it’s also good to keep track of reads.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:45 am Don't tell me how I should act. You have no idea how I feel / what thoughts are going through my mind.

I've already stated I'm considering the last person, but right now, you're just PoE'd, locked, there's no reason to let you live. I will search for your team mate, you have 30 posts and 2/3 of them are stating reads, not even interaction. It's just stupid if you think I would have any idea of what your team mate would be based on your interactions alone.

I know that based on flipped wolfs interactions, you're scum. In order to find out who your team mate is, I'd have to force interactions, how do I do that? I fucking lead a lynch on you. You flip red and whoever stayed off wagon or wanted to lynch me instead, they get piked tomorrow.

That, at the moment, would be Epi. Epi and speedy have very similar approaches, they both have the same tone, both have things going for them and against them.

You don't even have a team mate compatible with me as well, you just say it's speedchuck when you have no reason to believe that than PoE reasons. Even you don't have anything on me or speed that locks as one thing or the other.

Stay in your own mind and don't try to dictate how mine should work. You're locked scum for me and there's nothing wrong with me driving your lynch if that is my thought. You have 40 posts, you had shit interactions, you're wolf. There's really nothing else for me to address. You killed the one person town reading me and you're trying to win juliets over. There's nothing to town read you based off arguing Dizzy is town when you janitored her.

The only way you win today is if you get the one person town reading me out of the game and lynching me, when literally everyone expressed a scum read on me. JJJ put in the work to demonstrate I'm civ, I don't fit with anyone. However, you fit perfectly with Sloonei.
G-Man is dead, Jack is dead, and speedchuck is still alive.

But now Tranq is bad and I'm his partner "at the moment."

Why is speedchuck always a secondary or tertiary suspect for you?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Actually Ted's whole ISO is full of 'Sloonei/Tony are town'. Sloonei also suspected Ted at one point. It's a weird mix of buddying and distancing that doesn't look like teammate behavior.

Nor have I seen scum get as far in the tunnel as Ted did on G-man.

If Ted is scum with Epi they've been doing a piss-poor job of it today. Could be distancing. Unlikely.

Just based on compatibility I don't think Ted's it. I've scumread him independently all game, pretty much, but he doesn't fit Sloonei and Mac, nor with the other teams available.

I think it's Epi/Tony. (Assuming the best of the Tranq thing.)

linki: Epi trying to link Ted and I together. :shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Epignosis.] aubergine

I've done my due diligence searching through ISOs for compatibility today. I hope you all can do the same.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:17 pm [VOTE: Epignosis.] aubergine

I've done my due diligence searching through ISOs for compatibility today. I hope you all can do the same.
So speed is there something in particular you saw in Epi's posts that brings you to this?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:16 pm Actually Ted's whole ISO is full of 'Sloonei/Tony are town'. Sloonei also suspected Ted at one point. It's a weird mix of buddying and distancing that doesn't look like teammate behavior.

If Ted is scum with Epi they've been doing a piss-poor job of it today. Could be distancing. Unlikely.

Just based on compatibility I don't think Ted's it. I've scumread him independently all game, pretty much, but he doesn't fit Sloonei and Mac, nor with the other teams available.

"I don't think ted is bad"

"Epi is trying to link ted and I together"

Explain to me how this works.

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:29 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:16 pm Actually Ted's whole ISO is full of 'Sloonei/Tony are town'. Sloonei also suspected Ted at one point. It's a weird mix of buddying and distancing that doesn't look like teammate behavior.

"I don't think ted is bad" - Speed's Defense of Ted

"Epi is trying to link ted and I together" - Speed is scum with Ted

Explain to me how this works.

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
Building hypothetical scumteams. It's what I'm doing. It's what you're doing.

That post was simply me lamenting the fact that you're trying to hypothesize a team with me and Ted on it... right as I defended Ted. Are you seeing something else there?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I pulled those posts before you said anything meaningful about ted.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:27 pm

So speed is there something in particular you saw in Epi's posts that brings you to this?
I went to Epi's ISO and searched 'Sloonei'

That's all.

I mostly found Epi and Sloonei constantly shrugging at each other, and agreeing or disagreeing with each other on some reads. Epi might disagree with my characterization. Go take a look yourself, it's not that long.

I'd take a bunch of quotes from it and create an ISO, but I'm not feeling it. Besides, JJJ did that a few days ago, associated Mac and Sloonei with everyone, and nobody gave a crap. Me doing it isn't going to help.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:37 pm I pulled those posts before you said anything meaningful about ted.
I know. It was a linki. I was lamenting the coincidence.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I see.

I'm going to play a game with the family. I will return later.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:45 pm I see.

I'm going to play a game with the family. I will return later.
I'm going to keep working. In office. On the weekend. Because I have to.

Yaaaaay.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:42 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:27 pm

I went to Epi's ISO and searched 'Sloonei'

That's all.

I mostly found Epi and Sloonei constantly shrugging at each other, and agreeing or disagreeing with each other on some reads. Epi might disagree with my characterization. Go take a look yourself, it's not that long.

I'd take a bunch of quotes from it and create an ISO, but I'm not feeling it. Besides, JJJ did that a few days ago, associated Mac and Sloonei with everyone, and nobody gave a crap. Me doing it isn't going to help.
Yes, I can just do what you did. No need for an ISO.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

What i'm getting out of todays interactions and people's willingness to lynch each other, is this:

Epignosis:
NOT teammate with Tony: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p594551, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p594555, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 77#p594577
NOT teammate with Ted: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p594475, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 31#p594631
NOT teammate with speedchuck: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 62#p594662, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 60#p594660

speedchuck:
NOT teammate with Tony: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 59#p594659, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p594551, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p594555
NOT teammate with Epignosis: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 62#p594662, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 60#p594660

tedxtr:
NOT teammate with Epignosis: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p594475, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 31#p594631

TonyStarkPrime:
NOT teammate with Epignosis: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p594551, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p594555, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 77#p594577
NOT teammate with speedchuck: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 59#p594659, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p594551, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p594555

A tedxtr team with speedchuck is possible.
A tedxtr team with TonyStarkPrime is possible.

So i'm leaving my vote where it is. EoD is around 2am for me, but ill try to check in before that.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:34 pm What i'm getting out of todays interactions and people's willingness to lynch each other, is this:

Epignosis:
NOT teammate with Tony: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p594551, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p594555, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 77#p594577
NOT teammate with Ted: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p594475, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 31#p594631
NOT teammate with speedchuck: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 62#p594662, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 60#p594660

speedchuck:
NOT teammate with Tony: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 59#p594659, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p594551, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p594555
NOT teammate with Epignosis: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 62#p594662, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 60#p594660

tedxtr:
NOT teammate with Epignosis: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p594475, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 31#p594631

TonyStarkPrime:
NOT teammate with Epignosis: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p594551, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p594555, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 77#p594577
NOT teammate with speedchuck: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 59#p594659, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 51#p594551, http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p594555

A tedxtr team with speedchuck is possible.
A tedxtr team with TonyStarkPrime is possible.

So i'm leaving my vote where it is. EoD is around 2am for me, but ill try to check in before that.
What about other day's interactions?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Just some thoughts on my read through of the Epi posts with Sloonei mentioned:

I don't think these posts would exist in the thread if they are teammates. I understand distancing but this just reads to me as if they are not on the same team:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:59 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:58 pm Steaming the tamales, which I've never made before and am unlikely to make again. What a pain in the ass. Who came up with the idea of putting dough in corn husks?

I'm here for half an hour.
move your vote
Why?
Because Jay's town and we're not about to lynch him in the last half hour of the day with several viable options on the board.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:22 pm I do not have a read on Epi outside of the interactive analysis that I've done. That's unusual.
Sounds like a you problem.
I don't think Epi would say this if he was Sloonei's partner:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:55 pm I'm not reviewing Sloonei and juliets. I'm passing that one by FYI. If you're interested you can do it yourself.
Epignosis, what was your point here:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:57 pm Sloonei has 69 posts mentioning Michelle. Just saying.
This has nothing to do with Sloonei but Epi tied Mac up on the vote as he points out here. He called it when he did it, this post is just him reminding Jay:
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:10 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:07 pm I buried Radishes and I buried MacDougall. Deal with it Jimmayy.
You didn't bury MacDougall. Horseshit. You were the worst-looking Player-on-Mac review I did.

Who didn't bury Radishes?
I tied Mac up. No, I didn't use the vote tag, which is why your lazy ass "I'm going to ISO everyone" failed to see it. :grin: I tied Mac up and could've easily gone the other way if I meant to. You are so busy you're lazy. :haha:
Ok, I'm not finding enough to turn my opinion of Epi around. Dom is not stupid and he knew there had been a janitored kill yet he believed Epi was not mafia. I have some disagreement with Epi, namely over the Inception Day balancing but I think Tranq was wise when he cautioned me not to bet the game on that.

I need to continue reading now but will be checking back in from time to time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Holy moley Tranq that is a monster post. You must be sheltered in place there.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: ted] aubergine mention me if you guys want to switch to tony
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

It feels too quiet.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Agreed.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jay: *Does a POE for who might be in the other mafia team*
Champions: *vote for everyone outside of Jay's POE*
Jay: "Am I a joke to you?"
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:30 pm Jay: *Does a POE for who might be in the other mafia team*
Champions: *vote for everyone outside of Jay's POE*
Jay: "Am I a joke to you?"
ugh.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'll take another look at Jay's reads toward the end. It can't hurt.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”