Total votes: 11
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:46 am @tedxtr what is your read on sloonei?
Yeah I was gonna get to that, I think you're town and I'm trying to wrap my head around the mess.
Why?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:57 am Sloonei is some sort of hybrid Golden-JJJ monstrosity right now, is this his final form? He just played a dastardly villain in GoC so now he might be supatowning hard
I prefer being town over mafia 100 times out of 10.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Ts latching onto sloon for discussing mechanics felt a bit opportunist and now that they're actually discussing reads he's sinking his teeth in deeper
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 167
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

If ts account is [NSM] Mikey I don't remember him being this jumpy actually.

linki : I liked how you reacted to ts account's push on you, particularly one post somewhere. I guess you handled the callout pretty well, it's maybe something to do with how bad the votes on you were that deceives me into it, but idrc for now, you're sloonei.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 pm
ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 pm If you say this was not your intent, then what exactly did you mean by this? I can't interpret it as anything else.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:28 pm i'm genuinely unsure what's going on. We have two players who signed up for this game that aren't listed on the roster or the poll.
could there be a thematic reason for this? @ anyone who's familiar with the games? We waited a few extra days to get to exactly 15 players. I don't think it's likely that nanook would simply forget to include two people.
The intention of the posts themselves was not to speculate about mechanics. That particular post was me realizing that it was probably not a host error, and a search for answers among the folks who knew the theme better than I do. I don’t actually give a shit what the speculative mechanics might be. I just care that the possibility for mechanics exists.

Now explain why my mindset is not indicative of an honest civilian.
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:56 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:53 am My favorite part was when I repeated something I said and you called it backtracking, and explained how it justified my point, and you called it "re-justification". (Is that even bad? Do you mean to say I changed my justification for it? That feels kind of abstract and isn't even true if it is what you meant.)
You had not mentioned that you suspected me for Not Generating Contentl that point, so I saw it as an attempt to offer a new justification for a previously-stated suspicion, which could very well be bad, yes.

Through the conversation we’ve had in the interim I can see how that point could have been associated with your initial point.
What else could you think mindmelding with leetic meant in that scenario?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can see how ts account could have interpreted my reaction to him as an aggressive push to “get him lynched.” I’m not sure what his mafia experience is, but it’s believable that that sort of overt manipulation is not irregular to him.

It is not how I operate regardless of my alignment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:56 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:53 am My favorite part was when I repeated something I said and you called it backtracking, and explained how it justified my point, and you called it "re-justification". (Is that even bad? Do you mean to say I changed my justification for it? That feels kind of abstract and isn't even true if it is what you meant.)
You had not mentioned that you suspected me for Not Generating Contentl that point, so I saw it as an attempt to offer a new justification for a previously-stated suspicion, which could very well be bad, yes.

Through the conversation we’ve had in the interim I can see how that point could have been associated with your initial point.
What else could you think mindmelding with leetic meant in that scenario?
I genuinely did not know or care what that part meant. Til that point my interpretation of your suspicion of me was that I was bad for focusing on mechanics. I had not made the leap from that to “Not Generating Content or Interacting With Others.” I would not generally make that leap. Because I don’t think that talking about mechanics excludes the possibly of doing those other things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:28 am I approve of drago so far.
Really? Cause he defended you or other reasons
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:05 am I can see how ts account could have interpreted my reaction to him as an aggressive push to “get him lynched.” I’m not sure what his mafia experience is, but it’s believable that that sort of overt manipulation is not irregular to him.

False town Sloonei aggressive lyncher
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:08 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:28 am I approve of drago so far.
Really? Cause he defended you or other reasons
Because the reasons he gave when asked to provide reasons for things checked out.

Do you disapprove of drago so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:05 am I can see how ts account could have interpreted my reaction to him as an aggressive push to “get him lynched.” I’m not sure what his mafia experience is, but it’s believable that that sort of overt manipulation is not irregular to him.

False town Sloonei aggressive lyncher
Aggressive hunter, cautious lyncher.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:14 pm I feel the need, the need for Creed
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am Sloonei is town. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him talking mechanically. It's not pro anything and doesn't deter the game at all. An argument could be made that it is beneficial towards the game and lets you understand what could be going on. That newfound understanding can better your reads.

Why was Sloonei being voted for mechanical talk? Ts why are you gungho about it? I can't help but agree with Sloonei that suspecting someone over mechanical is suspicious in of itself. It's lazy and never actually feels like a genuine read. Furthermore, scum use this too much to get by with their fake suspicions. Thus why it feels lazy and not genuine.
I don’t like this post from Drago. Ironically it’s seems like something I’d post but that’s irrelevant.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:46 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:30 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME i made isos.

Dragomir
Epignosis
Funnygurl555
leetic
Long Con
MacDougall
Master Radishes
Sloonei
speedchuck
tedxtr
ts account
Turnip Head
<3 thanks! Will get into OP tonight
Seems like it is some form of mechanic after all.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:12 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am Sloonei is town. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him talking mechanically. It's not pro anything and doesn't deter the game at all. An argument could be made that it is beneficial towards the game and lets you understand what could be going on. That newfound understanding can better your reads.

Why was Sloonei being voted for mechanical talk? Ts why are you gungho about it? I can't help but agree with Sloonei that suspecting someone over mechanical is suspicious in of itself. It's lazy and never actually feels like a genuine read. Furthermore, scum use this too much to get by with their fake suspicions. Thus why it feels lazy and not genuine.
I don’t like this post from Drago. Ironically it’s seems like something I’d post but that’s irrelevant.
Tell me more
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I have information beyond human language comprehension that states JJJ and nutella are having a sweat-inducing tic-tac-toe match as of right now and whoever gets to 3 wins first, gets to join us after killing their adversary. That's how real assassins were dealing with other assassins stepping on their hunting turf. I played the games, trust me.
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Master Radishes »

Oh damn, this must be town!Sloonei. No wonder I never quite warmed to him in GoC.

Just did a quick skim through. Will be back later to play properly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:18 am I have information beyond human language comprehension that states JJJ and nutella are having a sweat-inducing tic-tac-toe match as of right now and whoever gets to 3 wins first, gets to join us after killing their adversary. That's how real assassins were dealing with other assassins stepping on their hunting turf. I played the games, trust me.
I accept this as indisputable truth without reservation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

I can't accept that as truth, because the only possible outcome of tic tac toe assuming both players understand the game is cat's game.

If it is true, this is a 13 player game.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i didn't like that all dragomir really did was be sloonei's hype man. not in a "that's scummy" or "that's bad play" but it's not something that deserves brownie points imo

also y'all stop getting ya panties in a bunch with the mikey x sloonei stuff it's a slippery slope and not what you want your d0 discussion to be

trust me
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

mechanics are too big-brained for me i'll be here hunting wolves and hoping for the best
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:38 am i didn't like that all dragomir really did was be sloonei's hype man. not in a "that's scummy" or "that's bad play" but it's not something that deserves brownie points imo

also y'all stop getting ya panties in a bunch with the mikey x sloonei stuff it's a slippery slope and not what you want your d0 discussion to be

trust me
It’s Day 1 though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:07 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:31 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:27 pm I also voted for long con.
Why did you do that?
His vote is silly.
Agreed.
What is silly about it?
His entire premise for the vote is dumb. He assumes that you'll open the same way as you did in another game and since you didn't, it's justification for why you're scum. It's meta and it's stupid meta. Most people don't always open up the exact same way in games that they're in regardless of alignment. I'm confident that I could easily find a game in which he opened differently from this one and day that he's scum.

He's either...
1. Ignoring how dumb his logic is and is just trying to create something against you to contribute.
2. Not realizing how dumb his logic is.

If it's 1, then he's a lazy scum. If it's 2, then he's a lazy townie.
This was the post I liked from Drago. I asked him why he agreed with something I said. The reason he stated mirrored what I was thinking but had not said.

I'd also add that LC just got done hosting a game in which I was mafia and did not appear to lend any weight to that particular game, but cited instead an older game from over a year ago.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:40 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:38 am i didn't like that all dragomir really did was be sloonei's hype man. not in a "that's scummy" or "that's bad play" but it's not something that deserves brownie points imo

trust me
It’s Day 1 though.
fine it's not what you want your d1 discussion to be
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Dragomir »

[mention]ts account[/mention] why is mechanical talk a bad thing? I don't think you have yet to explain that, if so, my bad for missing it. Either way can you express that for me? The answer to your question is option 1.

The situation between ts and Sloo is VvsV. I am quite sure about it. I don't sense wolf coming out from them.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

trust me
What's wrong with Sloonei and I mindmelding? Who is giving me brownie points cause of it?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:45 am

trust me
What's wrong with Sloonei and I mindmelding? Who is giving me brownie points cause of it?
sloonei is (yeahh i saw your post bout you liking one of dragomir's posts but still i mean, you know?)

and nothing's wrong with it esp this early in the game. i prolly shoulda phrased my post better. it's nai for now but if it's a trend i'll be wary of you
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[v] leetic [/v]

This feels good for now.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: leetic ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:43 am @ts account why is mechanical talk a bad thing? I don't think you have yet to explain that, if so, my bad for missing it. Either way can you express that for me? The answer to your question is option 1.

The situation between ts and Sloo is VvsV. I am quite sure about it. I don't sense wolf coming out from them.
Mechanical discussion is widely regarded as a scumtell because it's one of the easiest types of discussion to engage in.
Does anything in particular make you lean towards option one?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I kind of want the Sloonei and ts shit to stop, there's already information to infer stuff from and quite frankly I think they're both town.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:42 am fine it's not what you want your d1 discussion to be
What would you like us to be talking about today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:50 am [VOTE: leetic ] aubergine
leetic is my strongest town read at the moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:50 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:43 am @ts account why is mechanical talk a bad thing? I don't think you have yet to explain that, if so, my bad for missing it. Either way can you express that for me? The answer to your question is option 1.

Mechanical discussion is widely regarded as a scumtell because it's one of the easiest types of discussion to engage in.
idk man sloonei strikes me as the type to be too sneaky to drop a tell like that

i like ted that leetic vote was SPICY
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I disagree with all my heart.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:53 am

idk man sloonei strikes me as the type to be too sneaky to drop a tell like that

I didn't even state my reasoning, why do you like the vote?
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:51 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:42 am fine it's not what you want your d1 discussion to be
well i mean i WANNA meme 'til an hour before eod but since that's UNPRODUCTIVE i wanna see a boxing match that doesn't... include mikey lol
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:54 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:53 am

I didn't even state my reasoning, why do you like the vote?
it's spicy ;__;
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ok i gotta ask what's up with radish and turnip accs viewing the thread

at first i saw a turnip and was like "cool" but now there's also a radish and does the syndicate have a root vegetable fetish?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

As a matter of fact, I have decided that I do want to discuss mechanics after all! This post is me introducing mechanical chatter officially.

JaggedJimmyJay and nutella both signed up for this game. Nanook specified in signups that he wanted exactly 15 players for this game. Neither Jay nor nutella have appeared to make any fuss about their exclusion from the poll/roster, and nanook has not given us any indication that their omission is a mistake.

Therefore JaggedJimmyJay and nutella are participants in this game. They may not be active participants in this thread on Day 1, but they most certainly are playing some role, or will have a role to play in the future. I think there is value in speculating about what that might be. I have never played Assassin's Creed, but I'm vaguely familiar with the lore. I understand that it's a game about a guild/syndicate of pseudo-time traveling assassins that influence history from outside. Jay and nutella could very well be roles that exist outside the thread and are pulling certain strings from their respective vantage points. What exactly that might entail, I do not know. But I think it's something worth having in our minds as we move forward.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

It should not be considered a scumtell. I have seen a lot more townies than scum tall about the game mechanics. Furthermore, it actually helped progress the game and assisted in making reads on others. Mechanical talk is not bad at all regardless of our easy it is to create a discussion out of. On the contrary suspecting somebody for mechanical talk is a much greater scumtell because scums actually do this and it's a very lazy and easy read to go off because you could just say "someone is not really contributing by talking about game mechanics" or whatever.

Because I fail to comprehend as to how a townie would actually want to use such horrendous logic to vote someone.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:55 am
well i mean i WANNA meme 'til an hour before eod but since that's UNPRODUCTIVE i wanna see a boxing match that doesn't... include mikey lol
Why not? It seems that you guys have plenty of experience with each other. What is your read on him here?
Is there anyone or anything we're not talking about enough?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 am ok i gotta ask what's up with radish and turnip accs viewing the thread

at first i saw a turnip and was like "cool" but now there's also a radish and does the syndicate have a root vegetable fetish?
Yes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:01 am
Why not? It seems that you guys have plenty of experience with each other. What is your read on him here?
She knows I am town, but it remains to be seen whether that is because she is a wolf or because she has the good read on me.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:00 am It should not be considered a scumtell. I have seen a lot more townies than scum tall about the game mechanics. Furthermore, it actually helped progress the game and assisted in making reads on others. Mechanical talk is not bad at all regardless of our easy it is to create a discussion out of. On the contrary suspecting somebody for mechanical talk is a much greater scumtell because scums actually do this and it's a very lazy and easy read to go off because you could just say "someone is not really contributing by talking about game mechanics" or whatever.

Because I fail to comprehend as to how a townie would actually want to use such horrendous logic to vote someone.
I mean no offense to you, but many many more games of mafia have been played than you have witnessed. Just because you have not seen the same behavior does not make that behavior a general indicator of alignment.
If anybody suspects another player for mechanical discussion, however, I will alert you.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:51 am I kind of want the Sloonei and ts shit to stop, there's already information to infer stuff from and quite frankly I think they're both town.
Why do you want it to stop? I don't see the point in stopping a meaningful discussion between the two.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i keep seeing mikey vs other person boxing matches and his actual alignment is like a coin flip when that happens. personally it doesn't help me read him so i guess i'm being selfish when i say "pls stop"

honestly i think we really gotta have a talk about the root vegetable crew, and leetic should lay some words down 'cause he says some good stuff when he's present
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 am
She knows I am town, but it remains to be seen whether that is because she is a wolf or because she has the good read on me.
i mean you have some townie points but you're not there yet

can't trust you too soon >:O
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:06 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:51 am I kind of want the Sloonei and ts shit to stop, there's already information to infer stuff from and quite frankly I think they're both town.
Why do you want it to stop? I don't see the point in stopping a meaningful discussion between the two.
Because I town read them both?
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:05 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:00 am It should not be considered a scumtell. I have seen a lot more townies than scum tall about the game mechanics. Furthermore, it actually helped progress the game and assisted in making reads on others. Mechanical talk is not bad at all regardless of our easy it is to create a discussion out of. On the contrary suspecting somebody for mechanical talk is a much greater scumtell because scums actually do this and it's a very lazy and easy read to go off because you could just say "someone is not really contributing by talking about game mechanics" or whatever.

I mean no offense to you, but many many more games of mafia have been played than you have witnessed. Just because you have not seen the same behavior does not make that behavior a general indicator of alignment.
If anybody suspects another player for mechanical discussion, however, I will alert you.
I could use the same logic against you. You have only played a fraction of the amount of mafia games that exist so you can't truly know that mechanical talk is widely considered a scumtell. It might have been from the games you've played but not the many others have.

So basically, trying to say that mechanical talk is a scumtell is bullshit. It's not a universal opinion. I want you to explain to me what really makes mechanical talk a bad thing.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”