Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Leetic is putting in real work here.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Dragomir »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 am Assassin's creed has people in the modern day going into a matrix-like thing and reliving the lives of assassins of the past to gain skillz.

Maybe nutella and JJJ are like a templar and an assassin from the future and they're in our heads right now, living our lives, making our posts.
It bothers me how Leetic never talked to Speed about his mechanical talk when he wanted Sloo's head when the latter did it.

He went after Sloo because he expected him to generate discussion to start the game. Sloo made a post about mechanics which to Leetic wasn't generating discussion, so he votes the man.

My question is, why is this man over here let scott free when he talked about mechanics which(according to Leetic) isn't generating discussion, so essentially fluff posting?
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 pm I want to return to this post as well:
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:51 am Reads on a few more active players:

Dragomir: I think a lot of his posts have been more CWAC. I mean, there's very little that he has posted that Sloonei hadn't already posted, and he's only interacting with the same people that Sloonei had been. GTH scum, because I do not see him making his own content.

Funnygurl: Likely town, seems similar to her town play in the hydra game.

Master Radishes: I do like their posts so far, does seem like they are trying to solve the game and approaching multiple players, so town read.

Sloonei: I'd say town, as he is now trying to get discussion going.

tedxtr: I honestly am not a fan of this slot, I explained why their vote for me was kinda lame and I don't really like his "Was to shoot shit around, I wanted to bait a reaction or something", it seems like backtracking given that his initial vote for me was laden with the same amount of reasoning. Scum read for sure.

ts account: His play in this game is much different than what I'm used to, he's much more tunnelly than he usually is and is much less casual during D1. I haven't seen his scum play yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is it.
No one asked for this and it did not seem like it had any direction to it. leetic just plopped down six reads on six sporadically-selected names. I could see this being the product of a big bad wolf who wants to look proactive. The reads are all pretty superficial, and we can see the seeds of his ted vote which he is still clinging to at this very moment, and which I've just highlighted as the basis for my current vote. The dragomir suspicion also seems arbitrary, and the ts read is the kind of loosely-held suspicion that I could see as a mafioso putting a pin in a case in the event that it gains momentum later on.
They were the six most active people at that point. I couldn't go too deep into them as I had a physics class at 11 and I just wanted to contribute something before then
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:34 am Assassin's creed has people in the modern day going into a matrix-like thing and reliving the lives of assassins of the past to gain skillz.

Maybe nutella and JJJ are like a templar and an assassin from the future and they're in our heads right now, living our lives, making our posts.
It bothers me how Leetic never talked to Speed about his mechanical talk when he wanted Sloo's head when the latter did it.
Where did you get the idea that I wanted Sloon's head?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:18 am
Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:15 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:16 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:52 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 am I could use the same logic against you. You have only played a fraction of the amount of mafia games that exist so you can't truly know that mechanical talk is widely considered a scumtell. It might have been from the games you've played but not the many others have.

So basically, trying to say that mechanical talk is a scumtell is bullshit. It's not a universal opinion. I want you to explain to me what really makes mechanical talk a bad thing.
There exists somewhere a big imaginary book of mafia. When players are good enough, they get a chance to write a chapter of the book. In some footnotes, you will find clear references to mechanical discussion being a scumtell. I do not know what to tell you beyond this. I am not the one who decides what are and aren't considered scumtells, though I do have a few scumtells of my own that I have not seen other players share.

Generally, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will struggle to generate content. This is the closest thing you can get to objective in mafia- sort by postcount will almost always win more games than any individual player's reads, it has been tested. As a result of this, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will latch onto low-hanging talking points. In mystery games especially, mechanical discussion is inevitable from any alignment, but scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) are happy to engage in this discourse, as it means they don't have to provide fake content.

Happy?
You could argue in a post-modern mafia setting that going after someone for mechanics talk is the new low hanging fruit. I don't think your suspicion of sloonei for this looks particularly genuine. It's an easy suspicion to fake early and you haven't really let it go, like you're afraid what it would look like if you backed down here
This is my concern with TS too. I don't scum-read him for his overall reasoning/argument, as poor as I found it, but equally I don't get why I've seen one or two people say he and Sloonei must be civ/civ, as his general stubbornness does feel a bit like a scum who doesn't want to be seen backtracking.

This is not a strong enough feeling for me to commit to an SR, as basing a read off a single prolonged discussion is not, in my experience, always the best tell. I'd rather see him get engaged in different discussions first.
I like this post from Radish, more specifically, that second paragraph. It makes sense.
In your view do the mafia tend to make posts that make no sense as a rule? I don't give Radishes points for sounding wise in a post in which he is just postulating nothing and arrives nowhere.
I don't think so. Mafia tries their best to make as much sense as possible but in their attempt to do that, they can spear super fake and contrived. I don't get that feeling from Radish in that post.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 am

You voted him.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:25 am
leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 am

You voted him.
Haven't you ever heard of a pressure vote?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 am

Dragomir: I think a lot of his posts have been more CWAC. I mean, there's very little that he has posted that Sloonei hadn't already posted, and he's only interacting with the same people that Sloonei had been. GTH scum, because I do not see him making his own content.

Master Radishes: I do like their posts so far, does seem like they are trying to solve the game and approaching multiple players, so town read.

tedxtr: I honestly am not a fan of this slot, I explained why their vote for me was kinda lame and I don't really like his "Was to shoot shit around, I wanted to bait a reaction or something", it seems like backtracking given that his initial vote for me was laden with the same amount of reasoning. Scum read for sure.

ts account: His play in this game is much different than what I'm used to, he's much more tunnelly than he usually is and is much less casual during D1. I haven't seen his scum play yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is it.
No one asked for this and it did not seem like it had any direction to it. leetic just plopped down six reads on six sporadically-selected names. I could see this being the product of a big bad wolf who wants to look proactive. The reads are all pretty superficial, and we can see the seeds of his ted vote which he is still clinging to at this very moment, and which I've just highlighted as the basis for my current vote. The dragomir suspicion also seems arbitrary, and the ts read is the kind of loosely-held suspicion that I could see as a mafioso putting a pin in a case in the event that it gains momentum later on.
They were the six most active people at that point. I couldn't go too deep into them as I had a physics class at 11 and I just wanted to contribute something before then
Wait, so are you admitting to forced contribution in order to get brownie points?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

That seriously is a bad look. A townie should not be out here making posts just to contribute.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:03 am It's going from the premise Epignosis is town.

"is this a social distancing thing" is playful banter, it's not like he wants Epi to move his vote, it almost feels manipulative to the point of "I guess if I make a joke about his vote being insane, he'll double down on it"

Plus, the sorting question followed by the banter question kind of nullifies the interrogative question you know. It's not how a wolf treats his partner, I think I have some insight into Sloonei's antispew and he'd want to at least entertain the interrogatory process for a bit, follow through with more questions, whereas this is like...Defeating the purpose from the start. It's not done to actually figure out his reasoning or anything.

I don't know that's all you get, my mind is a beautiful messy place.
I didn't see this until leetic commented on it just now.

Epi is a unique player. I don't usually bother to question him the way I would question most players. He shares his thoughts at his own pace and doesn't let others dictate his game for him. So a lot of times when somebody tries to interrogate him they get answers like... well, like the one that I got. So that is why my question for him came off as half-hearted or "not done to actually figure out his reasoning"; I didn't expect him to give me a worthwhile answer.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

[VOTE: Dragomir] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 am
Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:25 am
leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 am Where did you get the idea that I wanted Sloon's head?
You voted him.
Haven't you ever heard of a pressure vote?
How have I looked on pages 2-25?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:27 am [VOTE: Dragomir] aubergine
You and drago are among the strongest town reads that I have. I encourage you to move this vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 am That seriously is a bad look. A townie should not be out here making posts just to contribute.
But they do. It's a natural motivation.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 am
leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 am

Wait, so are you admitting to forced contribution in order to get brownie points?
No, I have a tendency to post read lists of people early on (here, here, and here for example). I wanted to do the same here.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 212

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:20 am Leetic is putting in real work here.
I agree and it's interesting for you to say that too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:18 am
Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:15 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:16 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:52 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 am I could use the same logic against you. You have only played a fraction of the amount of mafia games that exist so you can't truly know that mechanical talk is widely considered a scumtell. It might have been from the games you've played but not the many others have.

So basically, trying to say that mechanical talk is a scumtell is bullshit. It's not a universal opinion. I want you to explain to me what really makes mechanical talk a bad thing.
There exists somewhere a big imaginary book of mafia. When players are good enough, they get a chance to write a chapter of the book. In some footnotes, you will find clear references to mechanical discussion being a scumtell. I do not know what to tell you beyond this. I am not the one who decides what are and aren't considered scumtells, though I do have a few scumtells of my own that I have not seen other players share.

Generally, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will struggle to generate content. This is the closest thing you can get to objective in mafia- sort by postcount will almost always win more games than any individual player's reads, it has been tested. As a result of this, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will latch onto low-hanging talking points. In mystery games especially, mechanical discussion is inevitable from any alignment, but scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) are happy to engage in this discourse, as it means they don't have to provide fake content.

Happy?
You could argue in a post-modern mafia setting that going after someone for mechanics talk is the new low hanging fruit. I don't think your suspicion of sloonei for this looks particularly genuine. It's an easy suspicion to fake early and you haven't really let it go, like you're afraid what it would look like if you backed down here
This is my concern with TS too. I don't scum-read him for his overall reasoning/argument, as poor as I found it, but equally I don't get why I've seen one or two people say he and Sloonei must be civ/civ, as his general stubbornness does feel a bit like a scum who doesn't want to be seen backtracking.

This is not a strong enough feeling for me to commit to an SR, as basing a read off a single prolonged discussion is not, in my experience, always the best tell. I'd rather see him get engaged in different discussions first.
I like this post from Radish, more specifically, that second paragraph. It makes sense.
In your view do the mafia tend to make posts that make no sense as a rule? I don't give Radishes points for sounding wise in a post in which he is just postulating nothing and arrives nowhere.
I don't think so. Mafia tries their best to make as much sense as possible but in their attempt to do that, they can spear super fake and contrived. I don't get that feeling from Radish in that post.
I know what you are describing and I see exactly that in exactly that post.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei is near lock towning Dragomir in case you didn't notice. I bring this up not because it should make you change your opinion but moreso because I'm curious how that makes you feel about Sloonei?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:30 am No, I have a tendency to post read lists of people early on (here, here, and here for example). I wanted to do the same here.
First, do you play everywhere?
Second, all the lists you linked to are comprehensive. Your list of reads in this thread was 6 specific players out of 13. Why did you choose to do that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TS Account I am trying to make a town core and you just voted for someone within it. At this juncture the reason Dragomir is in the town core is because enough trusted townies trust him. It's fine for you to suspect him, but we should sweep through the POE first as it's higher percentage. So I'd prefer if you focused on who you suspect out of the POE.

Reminder that the POE is:

TSP
Leetic
Radishes
Epignosis
Speedchuck
Long Con
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:35 am
leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:30 am No, I have a tendency to post read lists of people early on (here, here, and here for example). I wanted to do the same here.
Second, all the lists you linked to are comprehensive. Your list of reads in this thread was 6 specific players out of 13. Why did you choose to do that?
I had physics class in a few minutes so I didn't have time to go through everyone
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 167
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:20 am Leetic is putting in real work here.
Ok
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:40 am
I had physics class in a few minutes so I didn't have time to go through everyone
Why those six?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:34 am
Sloonei is near lock towning Dragomir in case you didn't notice. I bring this up not because it should make you change your opinion but moreso because I'm curious how that makes you feel about Sloonei?
I have not felt great about Sloonei either. I do not claim to be great at reading alignments, and my strength as a player is tied to my ability to obvtown. I have no great faith that Dragomir would flip wolf, but the posts they are making leads me to believe that is the case, so that is what I will continue to push for, until proven wrong. This particular vote was a bit of a kneejerk to their most recent interaction with leetic, which I felt was in bad faith. I will likely go back to Long Con, who I feel has quite a bit of wolf equity. I just want it known that I do not agree with apparent reset buttons on the slot, I suppose.

Upon seeing your POE I am not sure I am comfortable with your desired pace of the game.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:41 am
Why those six?
...I've already answered this

They were the most active
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] can you take a quick gander at the Epignosis content relevant to TonyStarkPrime. I have a bit of a suspicion that it's the same type of hard "leave my teammate alone" style defending that he engaged in in the early stages of the GOC.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 am
I have not felt great about Sloonei either. I do not claim to be great at reading alignments, and my strength as a player is tied to my ability to obvtown. I have no great faith that Dragomir would flip wolf, but the posts they are making leads me to believe that is the case, so that is what I will continue to push for, until proven wrong. This particular vote was a bit of a kneejerk to their most recent interaction with leetic, which I felt was in bad faith. I will likely go back to Long Con, who I feel has quite a bit of wolf equity. I just want it known that I do not agree with apparent reset buttons on the slot, I suppose.

Upon seeing your POE I am not sure I am comfortable with your desired pace of the game.
Dragomir was frustrated with his reads and the direction of the thread a couple hours ago, so dropped everything and went back to the beginning to form new reads from scratch. That is the most civilian thing I've seen all game.

Also your suspicion of me earlier stemmed from a belief that I was trying to get you lynched. I am now calling you one of my strongest town reads in the game. Please respond to that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:43 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:41 am
Why those six?
...I've already answered this

They were the most active
I'm uninspired by all of this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 pm tsp's posts have been forgettable to me but we're on the same wagon so sure i guess i can hold off on reading him for now
Tony has twelve posts. Why do they need to be memorable? You can read them in under sixty seconds. Why does this post exist?
Namely this, but no he's pretty well badgered Tony a lot. That said he's not voted there or really pushed there. There's something I don't like about their engagement.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 am

When I started attempting to do towncore and POE it was in the midst of an overenergised chaotic thread state. I'm trying to narrow people's focus so we can actually get a consensus lynch as opposed to competing wagons and a chaotic rushed end of day.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

At any rate you are not obliged to play along.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:45 amDragomir was frustrated with his reads and the direction of the thread a couple hours ago, so dropped everything and went back to the beginning to form new reads from scratch. That is the most civilian thing I've seen all game.

Also your suspicion of me earlier stemmed from a belief that I was trying to get you lynched. I am now calling you one of my strongest town reads in the game. Please respond to that.
Most of the new content I have seen from you has felt much more subdued than when we were in our 1v1, though that perception could be due to me being a passive observer. For a time you seemed disengaged with the thread, around the time MacDougall was starting to engage everyone, and now that everything has relatively settled down by comparison, it looks like you are back to picking and prodding, but I get the sense you do not feel as though you have the same audience you did before.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Responding to Mac's request that I look into Epi's Tony interactions.

My vote was on Epi earlier because I was getting vibes similar to his performance (as our teammate) in the Game of Champions a few weeks ago. He is not pushing things too hard, and when he speaks about something it's usually an issue that's on the back burner. Some of his early exchanges with Tony have the ring of fluffy teammate interactions (asking for clarification on an easy point, general light banter). The complication would be this post:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm TonyStarkPrime has twelve posts and and I count only one opinion that is expressed without hedging language.
Epi does not like to bus, and while this post would not constitute bussing, it is a critical stance against Tony. Not much has come of it, but it does exist. I think Tony had a brief response as well. I don't care for it.

But also I think everyone who knows me is aware of my icky feelings about doing associative reads before anyone has flipped. I'll just say that I can see some room to independently suspect either one of these players at the moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:45 amDragomir was frustrated with his reads and the direction of the thread a couple hours ago, so dropped everything and went back to the beginning to form new reads from scratch. That is the most civilian thing I've seen all game.

Most of the new content I have seen from you has felt much more subdued than when we were in our 1v1, though that perception could be due to me being a passive observer. For a time you seemed disengaged with the thread, around the time MacDougall was starting to engage everyone, and now that everything has relatively settled down by comparison, it looks like you are back to picking and prodding, but I get the sense you do not feel as though you have the same audience you did before.
I was disengaged for a while. I wasn't fully here for much of the day. I had half an eye on the thread, the other eye and a half on real life.
I'm not sure what your last sentence means. I'm also not sure what your read of me is here. What does all of this tell you about my potential alignment?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:55 am I was disengaged for a while. I wasn't fully here for much of the day. I had half an eye on the thread, the other eye and a half on real life.
I'm not sure what your last sentence means. I'm also not sure what your read of me is here. What does all of this tell you about my potential alignment?
I guess it is more of an abstract thought than normal. You could either be town deferring to town MacDougall, or you could be scum who no longer has thread control, if that makes sense.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:55 am I was disengaged for a while. I wasn't fully here for much of the day. I had half an eye on the thread, the other eye and a half on real life.
I guess it is more of an abstract thought than normal. You could either be town deferring to town MacDougall, or you could be scum who no longer has thread control, if that makes sense.
It does. If it helps, I am actively trying to cooperate with Macdougall (as opposed to deferring to him) because I believe he is town and his effort to rein in the energy of this game right now looks very good. I support that. It also creates at atmosphere that is simply more conducive to the kind of work I like to do.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir
Mac

ts account
Turnip Head
tedxtr
Master Radishes
Funnygurl

Epignosis
Long Con
TonyStarkPrime
speedchuck

leetic
-----------------------
JaggedJimmyJay/nutella

Darker green tiers are confident town reads. Light green tier are town reads that I'm not married to. Yellow-orange are suspects-by-lack-of-town-read, orange is leetic.
Are absentee friends should not be forgotten.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

"are absentee friends" - Sloonei, M.A., 2020
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I think I might just stay up until 3am trying to read everything. This is gonna be fun. I hope you guys are reading everything too.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:43 am I think I might just stay up until 3am trying to read everything. This is gonna be fun. I hope you guys are reading everything too.
i mean, what else are we gonna do? the outside world is poisonous.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

This post further backs up what I've been saying about you. Only giving reads to just get your contribution points. You don't sound like you want to lynch them but just want to say your scum reads. I hate that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 am Started getting some analysis done from many pages ago... but it's 4:19 am here, so I decided to Save Draft rather than post a partial. I know I haven't been prolific yet, but I'm going to try and fix that and sort some things out. Good night.
For drago's sake I decided to go back and read the couple of pages that I missed. I might be inclined to slap a town read on LC for this post alone. LC is not in the habit of getting carried away with analysis at 4 AM, quarantine or no quarantine. At least, I don't think he is. This is a good look.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:47 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 am

I haven't felt like myself lately...
Have you know counters to my points about you?
False dichotomy.
While yes, I did do a false dichotomy with presenting only two options when there could be more, what is wrong with what you're doing is how you're dismissing the entire post as a fallacy even though only a part of it was. The entire reason for why I scum read you wasn't a fallacy but you keenly ignored having to explain yourself against me. If I must stress again, how does Sloonei not opening this game the say way he did in a previous game make him scum when many ppl never open the same way as well? I certainly didn't open the same way as in a previous game, you didn't either as this is the first game I've played with you where you voted for someone in your first post. So why were you being a hypocrite LC?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:51 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 am Started getting some analysis done from many pages ago... but it's 4:19 am here, so I decided to Save Draft rather than post a partial. I know I haven't been prolific yet, but I'm going to try and fix that and sort some things out. Good night.
For drago's sake I decided to go back and read the couple of pages that I missed. I might be inclined to slap a town read on LC for this post alone. LC is not in the habit of getting carried away with analysis at 4 AM, quarantine or no quarantine. At least, I don't think he is. This is a good look.
Is this just a meta read? It doesn't feel particularly strong.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:55 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:43 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:57 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:55 am I don't see ts as civ anymore.
What changed?
I see nothing but bullshit coming from his side during our interaction. He is wolf. What do you think about LC?
His third post and initial vote for Sloonei are pretty bad. I agree with that.

Not much else to look at.
This was a pretty flat read. You basically did: "that post was bad for LC. So I vote LC now."(iirc you did vote for him after this post right?)

There's no expansion. It's basic read that you can generate on anybody. It doesn't feel genuine. Add this to the pile for why Speedchuck is scum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:58 am
Mostly, yes. I wouldn't call it strong, but it's a definite positive for LC. I don't see him staying up til 4 AM to produce a fake read if he's scum. Especially since the result was a town read on leetic; he wasn't even doing it to build a case on anyone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] what do you think about a Speed and Leetic being buds?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:03 am
Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:58 am
Mostly, yes. I wouldn't call it strong, but it's a definite positive for LC. I don't see him staying up til 4 AM to produce a fake read if he's scum. Especially since the result was a town read on leetic; he wasn't even doing it to build a case on anyone.
Yeah, I do have to agree with you on that one.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:47 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 am

I haven't felt like myself lately...
Have you know counters to my points about you?
False dichotomy.
While yes, I did do a false dichotomy with presenting only two options when there could be more, what is wrong with what you're doing is how you're dismissing the entire post as a fallacy even though only a part of it was. The entire reason for why I scum read you wasn't a fallacy but you keenly ignored having to explain yourself against me. If I must stress again, how does Sloonei not opening this game the say way he did in a previous game make him scum when many ppl never open the same way as well? I certainly didn't open the same way as in a previous game, you didn't either as this is the first game I've played with you where you voted for someone in your first post. So why were you being a hypocrite LC?
It's not a real read, Drago. It's made-up to try and spur on conversation in a dead thread.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:21 pm lc has been underwhelming so far. it seems like leetic is trying to play under the pressure he's in, which i appreciate, but he hasn't made a post that i've really liked yet. by contrast, in the games i've played with him in before, he was hella good at projecting town to me. had a dream that he was insta'd and flipped town though so maybe deep down i have a tr on him already. not moving my vote though.

i haven't liked epi's posts very much; they've been underwhelming compared to arrowverse.

imo anyone who's suspecting speed is suspect because he hasn't done much and it feels like an easy suspicion to latch onto given what i've been reading about him. mac's been okay otherwise though

i might hand mikey the town card. would you like to be town bros this game ;___; we can solve the game TOGETHER
I like this bit from Funnygurl as well. It surprised me to see her cite a game from last year in her read of Epi. As far as I know, Arrowverse is the only game she has played on the Syndicate prior to this one. It would make sense for her to have developed a particular sense about Epi as a player from that experience. He's one of the biggest personalities on the Syndicate. But what I like about this post in this game right now is that funnygurl is applying that particular meta read at the outset, by the looks of it. It looks off the cuff, and it's certainly unexpected. I can see room to argue that this isn't a good look, but I'm not inclined to do that. I think funnygurl just entered this game with a certain idea of what to expect from Epignosis and is disappointed that she has not seen it yet.

None of this is a comment on my own view of Epi in this game, I'm just commenting on how I perceive funnygurl's handling of him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”