9%

Total votes: 11
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 286

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D2)

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head was not expecting to die, so:
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:05 pm I chose Radishes over Speed :shrug2:
TH thought it was safe to claim responsibility for breaking ties. That's something to think about.
Aveline

Whip: Can disarm one player a night.

You're a Heathenous Spy
Unless "disarm" has an unusual meaning here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 286

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D3)

Post by Epignosis »

I cannot vote in the poll. Is that just me?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:52 pm I cannot vote in the poll. Is that just me?
Same. Vote changes probably need enabled. [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My only read entering this thread is a civilian read on Sloonei.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

It has an end date in the past
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:53 pm It has an end date in the past
This game is WILD.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Just read through TH's iso. They have some weird interactions with a few players that could go either way (Epi, Mikey, LC). They voted for Tony without any previous mention of him that I saw. Not sure what to think of that.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm diving into interactions straightaway. I may overlook certain contextual details; I don't think it's a good use of my time to sit here and read every post. The onus is on you to tell me if you feel I am omitting something that matters.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Poll fixed, no automatic timer cause apparently polls here hate me.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:08 pm Poll fixed, no automatic timer cause apparently polls here hate me.
You should be able to set it for exactly 3 days, though that's slightly delayed from the initial deadline now I guess
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:09 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:08 pm Poll fixed, no automatic timer cause apparently polls here hate me.
You should be able to set it for exactly 3 days, though that's slightly delayed from the initial deadline now I guess
That’s what was causing people not to be able to vote.

I’ll try again D4, we’re just gonna deal with it today.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So, JJJ, nutella, I presume you guys are town-aligned? Or Indy? What have you been doing all this time? Has it been boring, or have you been silently participating the whole time? Have you cast any secret votes? Any tic-tac-toe?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:14 pm So, JJJ, nutella, I presume you guys are town-aligned? Or Indy? What have you been doing all this time? Has it been boring, or have you been silently participating the whole time? Have you cast any secret votes? Any tic-tac-toe?
Town-aligned. We did...a thing.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head and Epignosis

Turnip Head's stuff

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 pm The hell is Epignosis? I thought he was made of free time right now :ponder:
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:28 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:58 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:12 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am Sloonei is town. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him talking mechanically. It's not pro anything and doesn't deter the game at all. An argument could be made that it is beneficial towards the game and lets you understand what could be going on. That newfound understanding can better your reads.

Why was Sloonei being voted for mechanical talk? Ts why are you gungho about it? I can't help but agree with Sloonei that suspecting someone over mechanical is suspicious in of itself. It's lazy and never actually feels like a genuine read. Furthermore, scum use this too much to get by with their fake suspicions. Thus why it feels lazy and not genuine.
I don’t like this post from Drago. Ironically it’s seems like something I’d post but that’s irrelevant.
Tell me more
The defense hinges on what amounts to a non-existent part of the case. It seems like Drago is more focused on earning town cred
From what I've seen, Dragomir is a civilian. I don't care that he is trying to earn "town cred." Civilians SHOULD be doing that. Noble enterprise.
The Epi I thought I knew says things like "civilians shouldn't be trying to earn cred, they should be trying to find bad guys". Has your philosophy evolved?
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:37 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:23 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 pm The hell is Epignosis? I thought he was made of free time right now :ponder:
I've given epi a pass so far in here. My game just had a deadline and he was heavily involved there. We've got ~48 hours left here. He'll show up.
Fuckin' A. :beer:
Does your wife know about A?
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am Epi is bringing an unnecessarily hostile tone to an otherwise reasonable thread, idk what that means really just an observation
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:22 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:14 pm I think funnygurl has too much town cred compared to her contributions. I can tone-read her as town but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Her defense of tedextr doesn't come across as completely genuine to me, either
So what are you going to do about it?
Well ideally we lynch ted first

Here are a slew of Day 1 posts featuring mild antagonism and general sleepiness. I feel nothing.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:53 pm well alright at least you're being honest LOL

who would you be voting rn if not for mikey?
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:56 pm Probably Epi. He usually does a better job of pushing his thoughts and stating his cases even when no one agrees with him

TH dangled Epignosis as a secondary suspect to start Day 2 behind ts account. This carried forward a theme of mild antagonism. TH has taken a stance against Epi; I don't feel as though he's really doing anything with it. I'll see how I feel about that as I proceed.

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:12 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:06 pm I wrote things. Big things. Nobody is talking about those big things. Why is nobody talking about those big things.
link?

k

~~~

Epignosis' stuff not already covered

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:32 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:28 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:58 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:12 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am Sloonei is town. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him talking mechanically. It's not pro anything and doesn't deter the game at all. An argument could be made that it is beneficial towards the game and lets you understand what could be going on. That newfound understanding can better your reads.

Why was Sloonei being voted for mechanical talk? Ts why are you gungho about it? I can't help but agree with Sloonei that suspecting someone over mechanical is suspicious in of itself. It's lazy and never actually feels like a genuine read. Furthermore, scum use this too much to get by with their fake suspicions. Thus why it feels lazy and not genuine.
I don’t like this post from Drago. Ironically it’s seems like something I’d post but that’s irrelevant.
Tell me more
The defense hinges on what amounts to a non-existent part of the case. It seems like Drago is more focused on earning town cred
From what I've seen, Dragomir is a civilian. I don't care that he is trying to earn "town cred." Civilians SHOULD be doing that. Noble enterprise.
The Epi I thought I knew says things like "civilians shouldn't be trying to earn cred, they should be trying to find bad guys". Has your philosophy evolved?
Multiball.

I don't follow this answer, but sure. It's nothing as a TH interaction.

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:09 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 pm sloonei and ts being w/w is my new favorite conspiracy theory
Sloonei wouldn't be comfortable with that. He'd try if you asked, but he's not. This is not bad Sloonei and bad TS.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm LC playing scummy on purpose is not his civ MO
Disagree.

Epignosis discounted a pretty frivolous tinfoil theory from TH and another off-hand assertion about LC's style. This interaction seems quite gentle to this point.

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:33 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:42 pm I think Sloonei is good anyway.
GTH on Funnygurl? Turnip? Mac? Me?
I can do this. I have good opinions on all of you.

I'm not sure if this is a Trumpian "my opinions are good opinions" kind of "good", or if Epi was providing civilian reads on Funnygurl, TH, Mac, and leetic. If it's the former, it's a meaningless post. If it's the latter, then log it as a positive stance on Turnip Head.

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:55 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am Epi is bringing an unnecessarily hostile tone to an otherwise reasonable thread, idk what that means really just an observation
[citation needed]

Very sleepy.

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm LC playing scummy on purpose is not his civ MO
This is just blatantly not true. It's something I have done many times in the past, mostly due to the "you-die-you-don't-win" rule we used to go by around here... when you have to survive to win, you learn to not look TOO Civvish. I still hold the lessons dear to my heart, because dying sucks either way, and if you want to survive the night, the baddies have to believe you can be lynched.
This is true.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

There is no reason you should have to explain this to Turnip Head. TH was around during that time.

TH is only incidentally relevant here. The motivation for the vote on LC strikes me as bullcrap.

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 pm [VOTE: TH] aubergine

Just to keep it even while I slumber.

This is a Day 1 vote for TH. I don't know what the poll looked like at this point. Apparently this maintained a tie, per Epi's own language. I'll need someone else to clarify that, even Epi himself. He moved his vote to tedxtr the next real-time day.

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:14 pm I think funnygurl has too much town cred compared to her contributions. I can tone-read her as town but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Her defense of tedextr doesn't come across as completely genuine to me, either

I'm not sure I'd call this a softball, but it isn't a hardball either. Maybe it's a slurve.

Epignosis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:50 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:07 am
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:53 pm This kind of defeatism always ends in a civilian lynch
[VOTE: turnip head] aubergine for letting defeated civilian Long Con teeter on the edge while sitting on a lame ted wagon.
I did the same thing. Why TH over me?

This may be a peculiar question if TH is a teammate. I wouldn't put it past 'em. Minor point.

Epignosis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:52 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 am Feels like LC knew he would survive, or else why do that? The lynch was almost over
If I know I'm going to survive, I'm still not advertising it.

I'm not Jack.

Idle chatter

Epignosis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:04 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:58 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:56 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 am And yes if we lynch someone it should be on their own merits and not on any unproven teammate connections of course
Vote for someone.
[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Aw, scooped. :disappoint:

Epi had just responded to Sloonei's call for votes by voting for Sloonei. TH did the same. I don't think I care about this.

Epignosis wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:33 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:31 pm Then don't read them, that's what I did
That's what you didn't do.

:goofp:

~~~

Conclusion

Much of this is teddy bear soft, and that's not my favorite thing. Unless someone can give me a reason why Epi's brief TH vote on Day 1 mattered, I would call them compatible. Epi's read on Turnip Head is never truly made clear, and TH's antagonism against Epi carried no weight and had no follow-through.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Side note:

Since the game is at 4 vs. 3, I encourage the civilians out there to get their POE pools under construction if they don't have them already. FInd three other civilians (nutella and I don't count) and the rest is covered for you. That's the awkward advantage of the restricted pool in a LyLo like this, even if there's no margin for error. The game is winnable; find one another.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:15 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:14 pm So, JJJ, nutella, I presume you guys are town-aligned? Or Indy? What have you been doing all this time? Has it been boring, or have you been silently participating the whole time? Have you cast any secret votes? Any tic-tac-toe?
Town-aligned. We did...a thing.
Yep. Maybe we'll talk about a thing later if it seems prudent. I'd like to wait.

I love 72 hour days. It has been a long time since I had this luxury.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] you said we’re at 4 vs 3. Is that confirmed? And would that mean we started at 9 vs 4?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:39 pm @JaggedJimmyJay you said we’re at 4 vs 3. Is that confirmed? And would that mean we started at 9 vs 4?
To my knowledge yes and yes.

nutella and I add a slight wrinkle to make it a phantom 11 vs. 4, but I encourage y'all to avoid considering us as important to the numbers.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine to start the day. I haven’t read things. I also thought we had a few more hours yesterday and was not prepared for the day to end when it did.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 123

Post by speedchuck »

Hi, Jay, Nutella. I'm hoping flavor-wise that you're Nolan North and the girl-character, because that seems pretty town-aligned.

Dang, three dead. Non-consecutive semi-bulletproof vig, neighborizer/vote repeller, and... roleblocker? Mac's role seems OP, which probably means there's a whole lot more OP to match.

Like a scumteam of four. LYLO, Unless Jay and Nutella can last the whole game, in which case there's an extra day of leeway? Dunno if they can claim about this, but Jay said 'temporarily' and 'LYLO', so that's what we're going with.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Despite the vote on me, Sloonei's got to be on my town-lock list. I'll see who else I want on it once I take a closer look at flips.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head and Funnygurl555

Turnip Head's stuff

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:48 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 am ok i gotta ask what's up with radish and turnip accs viewing the thread

at first i saw a turnip and was like "cool" but now there's also a radish and does the syndicate have a root vegetable fetish?
I'm named after a quote from the television show LOST. I actually have no idea where Master Radishes came from, though I did catch him as scum from like his second post in the last game

Chatter

This is an interesting post. I feel like the whole read might be contained in this little space. Turnip Head is rarely one to concern himself with how "contributions" factor into a read -- this would have been a good indicator of their evil. That they used this to disparage/discredit Funnygurl at face value strikes me as a positive thing for her. I will temper that slightly given the possibility of TMI (if she is getting civilian credit wrongly and he knows it, then this can be a high road read). My instincts tell me to call it a good thing.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:42 am Scum team could be Mikey, funny girl and tedextr as far as I'm concerned
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:46 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:43 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:42 am Scum team could be Mikey, funny girl and tedextr as far as I'm concerned
Why these three names in particular?
It feels like they're working together to win the game.
RuLe oF tHrEe

I don't care about that, but I will log this as a more concrete statement of suspicion than the previous dig was.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:48 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:46 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:43 am
Why these three names in particular?
It feels like they're working together to win the game.
Can you point to specific moments?

Funnygurl and ts account would be super aggressive in their associations if they’re partners. And funnygurl and ted. Maybe that sort of thing happens in non-syndicate places.
What if you looked into it and got back to me? If they're wolves together I see playful interactions, not super aggression. especially funnygurl -> mikey and funnygurl -> ted. Mikey -> funnygurl has been a more deliberate read, and then ted's just like their pet jackal

This extends from the prior thing. I separate it given the significance of the content. Note the directionality of TH's endeavors to tie these players together. The "especially" dynamics are:

Funnygurl -> mikey
Funnygurl -> ted

She is the common denominator, and thus she emerges as TH's high suspect regardless of the other two. I'll have to see how this develops.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:12 am [VOTE: ts account] aubergine

The next morning TH voted for Mikey. She had been the common denominator. That's concerning.

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:21 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:07 pm ooh. what do you think about lc now turnip?
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:35 pm
Disagree.
Care to elaborate? I'm actually pretty good at reading him, probably the best at it, if I'm being honest
It's still not how he usually plays as a civvie. I have no clue what he's doing right now, but it's very out of character.

Idle chatter about LC

~~~

Funnygurl555's stuff not already covered

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 am ok i gotta ask what's up with radish and turnip accs viewing the thread

at first i saw a turnip and was like "cool" but now there's also a radish and does the syndicate have a root vegetable fetish?

Banter

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:18 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:10 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 pm FG What is your current read on me? I am assuming town, and if that is the case I'd like to see you towncase me.
you're a town lean i'm still thinking ;;

defs not lynch or wagon material atm
Make a case, please. I think this is how I should read you.
my case is:
"oh it's typical mikey"
"damn he really be out here defending his case when multiple people are like :ponder: :ponder: :confused2: "
"but hey he's trying so that's good and it doesn't look like he's buddies with anyone"

i'll admit your argument about turnip head having confirmation bias is a good look for you, although i don't really agree with it

gl with eventually town reading me man

also @sloonei i missed the part where you asked me why i thought you were town: you're separating yourself from dragomir while trying to incriminate him, and your thought process looked organic.

I need context here. At face value I don't understand why a read on TH's "confirmation bias" would be a good look for someone else. This was Day 1. I am concerned about TMI.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:49 pm lc you have vote on turnip head. would you consider voting anyone else atm? who's catching your fancy?

gotta town circle forming? what do you think about me?

I could call this bad if I wanted to. I don't think I care.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:56 pm ok speeds here.

if not th then which person would you also wanna see die? I dont disagree with your th analysis but the wagon coming out of nowhere along with your sudden endorsement of it is sketchy

I care a bit more this time.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:39 am you had an evolving read on leetic (town --> maf)

and on that note, mac had an evolving read on lc (town --> maf)

and i think people with more of a voice are more important to interrogate than ppl like th who are not as visible in the town's conscience (don't mean that with any offense)

Meh

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:07 pm
ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:51 am I hate to be the person to bring it up, but it is interesting Turnip Head is looking for a team of three. I thought with 15 players it would be more likely that we are looking at a team of four.
absolutely and forever town here look at this. is it a dumbtell? perhaps, idk, however this is a tell

if there are 3 wolves, look to turnip head. thanks

my tells are never wrong you're welvome

I can't quite tell, but the wording here makes TH look like a sort of ancillary suspect or something. So eh.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:28 pm speed's only notable contribution d1 was a turnip head read

when he comes back and tries to throw reads, he didn't note turnip head

bad.

I don't like this one. Two problems:

1) hyper-awareness of how speedchuck felt about TH on Day 1
2) I don't see why this should be "bad" for speedchuck unless TH is also a mafioso, something Funnygurl has only flirted with a bit to this point. TMI.

Laboriously calls TH and Tony forgettable

Only interesting to me given that their paired.

Long post

This lengthy catch-up post thing is a bit harsher against TH. The language is more appealing here. I wish it wasn't in a post designed like this; they're one of my biggest allergies.

Long post

Funnygurl designs her larger posts in a structure that I don't easily follow. That's not her problem; it just hinders my comprehension. I think this post is nicely hostile against TH, though it lacks a clear conclusion.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:57 pm reads as of page 20:
Epignosis- scum lean
Long Con- null
MacDougall- town
Master Radishes- town lean
Sloonei- town lean
speedchuck- null
tedxtr- town lean
ts account- town
TonyStarkPrime- scum
Turnip Head- scum lean

th and lc aren't on a team together
radish and ted aren't on a team together
epi and ted aren't on a team together
sc and th aren't on a team together

ted isn't a strong town anymore i just gotta be cautious

I appreciate triple-stances.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:41 am turnip and radish are not together this game, even though they're root vegetables.
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:08 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:07 pm As if the boat needs to be rocked further
steady the boat that is already rocking then.
That's my goal atm. What do you think of ted? I kinda like my vote. Master Radishes is also voting here and he seems like he's got his head on straight.

Another one. Funnygurl would seem to enter this phase with a clear perspective given the names alive.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:11 am closing thoughts before i sleep:

a radish lynch is spicy and i'd be behind it if y'all do some substantial grilling before eod. i want to see him under pressure

i can't shake thinking that ted is town and i don't want him to be lynched, but if y'all do end up lynching him, that's some great info

epi isn't a d2 lynch

i think tsp should die still. someone tell me why he's town and why that's a bad idea

mac and ts are untouchable. sloonei looks pretty good

turnip honestly looks better to me. kinda looks like they don't know what they're doing. wouldn't want a turnip lynch

lc prolly shouldn't die. they should get vig'd though, or copped, or something

speedchuck could die, sure.

lol

The read is wrong; I may like it a bit anyway. That's an atypical way to defend one's teammate.

She was much clearer in her defenses of Turnip head here.

Her read on TH has been all over the place, and her play in general has been all over the place. Whiplash.

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:39 pm I advise you guys to vote radish. turnip has been utr but appears to be a lost town moreso than a wolf

radish is trying to project town but there's something calculated about his pushes and his votes. I think that's more likely to be a hit

mikey is right. wagons should consider claiming right before eod

k

~~~

Conclusion

This was a pretty wild ride. It's an absolute mess, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Or a good way. I don't know what I mean. I am rarely this clueless after doing this much work on an interaction. Generic gun to head take:

Funnygurl tried to figure out TH at all junctures of the game. Within her reads she won some and she lost some, and she ended up on the wrong end. That's innocent.

I cannot claim to be confident. I think I will favor face value reads over interactive inference with respect to figuring her out.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wew yeah that was wild. I think I come away from that with a somewhat worse lean than you do.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I ISO’d funnygurl yesterday and the results were strikingly similar. Part II gave me a town lean. The point that put her over the top is that she has dropped or only loosely held onto a number of her suspects as the game has gone on. I figure that if she was mafia, she’d hang onto her mislynch targets with more conviction.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] is the Day 2 poll saved anywhere?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head and Long Con

Turnip Head's stuff

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:19 pm ... or possibly a distancing act?

Are YOU for real? :goofp:

Disagree.
Care to elaborate? I'm actually pretty good at reading him, probably the best at it, if I'm being honest

The base premise of TH's LC read is bullshit. Long Con routinely plays scummy on purpose. He loves to do that. The shade is fake.

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm Something is wrong with Long Con. He doesn't usually play with this tight of a grip. Like a rattlesnake getting all coiled up. He often gets suspected early and I'm one of the first to rush to his defense because I recognize his town game but this is off-meta for him and I think he knows it

Oscar-Meijer balogna

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:36 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:26 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm Something is wrong with Long Con. He doesn't usually play with this tight of a grip. Like a rattlesnake getting all coiled up. He often gets suspected early and I'm one of the first to rush to his defense because I recognize his town game but this is off-meta for him and I think he knows it
Would you consider voting for him?
I'm mostly just confused

Yeah this looks good for LC. TH wants to develop this negative environmental posture for LC without having to take the responsibility of a vote.

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:37 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:34 pm
Can you quote some posts that highlight this difference, for those of us who aren't familiar with them?
I would like to see these posts as well.
Why?
Because I always just play how I play, I don't try to play differently, or the same, I just do whatever comes to mind. I thought I'd see what Drago was saying about you held up, but it was really just a trap he was setting, and I was the idiot who fell for it. After I said I don't dance. Shameful. :blush:

Dismissing a LC answer with a .gif implying it doesn't make sense when it's fine. Trend continues.

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:34 pm Way too much omgus in this game.
I'm more in OMGIS mode right now. [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Did you eat a bowl of radioactive cornflakes?
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:50 pm I think our long con is broken, maybe we can exchange it for a newer model

TH pretending they care about a LC self-vote -- particularly one that in context looked like a joke.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 am Feels like LC knew he would survive, or else why do that? The lynch was almost over

Incredibly fake

~~~

Long Con's stuff not already covered

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:37 am
I hope it doesn't mean he's a jerk. :nicenod:

Chatter

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm Does anybody share my suspicion on Turnip?
Lemme go look. Can you give me your angle in a simple concept?
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:25 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:57 am Sloonei is some sort of hybrid Golden-JJJ monstrosity right now, is this his final form? He just played a dastardly villain in GoC so now he might be supatowning hard
Town read on Sloonei. Complimentary. Possible buddying attempt.
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:27 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:59 am Ts latching onto sloon for discussing mechanics felt a bit opportunist and now that they're actually discussing reads he's sinking his teeth in deeper
This is identical to leetic's accusation of Dragomir. Did they both sheep Sloonei? Is Sloonei the sun in the sky?
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:33 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:52 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 am I could use the same logic against you. You have only played a fraction of the amount of mafia games that exist so you can't truly know that mechanical talk is widely considered a scumtell. It might have been from the games you've played but not the many others have.

So basically, trying to say that mechanical talk is a scumtell is bullshit. It's not a universal opinion. I want you to explain to me what really makes mechanical talk a bad thing.
There exists somewhere a big imaginary book of mafia. When players are good enough, they get a chance to write a chapter of the book. In some footnotes, you will find clear references to mechanical discussion being a scumtell. I do not know what to tell you beyond this. I am not the one who decides what are and aren't considered scumtells, though I do have a few scumtells of my own that I have not seen other players share.

Generally, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will struggle to generate content. This is the closest thing you can get to objective in mafia- sort by postcount will almost always win more games than any individual player's reads, it has been tested. As a result of this, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will latch onto low-hanging talking points. In mystery games especially, mechanical discussion is inevitable from any alignment, but scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) are happy to engage in this discourse, as it means they don't have to provide fake content.

Happy?
You could argue in a post-modern mafia setting that going after someone for mechanics talk is the new low hanging fruit. I don't think your suspicion of sloonei for this looks particularly genuine. It's an easy suspicion to fake early and you haven't really let it go, like you're afraid what it would look like if you backed down here
This post makes me feel grey. So tentative, that second sentence. Such a tiny prod, this barely even merits a response from Mikey. Does he follow up on this suspicion?
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:38 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:42 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm @ts account right off the bat 2.0, yeah, I am spinning everything negatively. That is the point of the exercise. It's not a nefarious agenda. When I make a case like that, I am asking myself whether or not I can see the player as mafia in each post. If the answer is yes, I share my interpretation of their possible mafia motives. That is what I did with your posts. I acknowledged in the post that there are other explanations. But I have concerns and I voiced them.
You do not seem interested in pursuing these other possibilities, therefore you do not seem interested in truly scumhunting.
I feel like you're talking about yourself. You don't seem interested in pursuing anything other than Sloonei being scum which has snowballed from the beginning of the game
This, I don't mind, but it doesn't really advance the scum hunt too much... I can't tell from this post if TH thinks it makes Mikey town or wolf.
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:41 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm @ts account It's not impossible for me to view Sloon as bad actually, I just like how fired up he got after he was called out. He got real defensive real quick which I associate with town sloon. Not sure if I should see it like that or if I just don't want him to be bad for whatever reason.
Starts out strong, then waffles out in the home-stretch. Lack of assertive reads strikes again.
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 pm
This is just blatantly not true. It's something I have done many times in the past, mostly due to the "you-die-you-don't-win" rule we used to go by around here... when you have to survive to win, you learn to not look TOO Civvish. I still hold the lessons dear to my heart, because dying sucks either way, and if you want to survive the night, the baddies have to believe you can be lynched.
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:46 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm I started the day more likely to vote Mikey and now I'm thinking of voting for Sloonei. It's not hard to view Sloonei's behavior through the lens where he's bad
Twenty minutes after declaring Sloon to be a town read. Why did this 180 happen?
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:49 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:15 pm Like if the idea was for Sloonei to get involved re: mechanics and then for Mikey to engage him, and then for them to one up each other ad infinitum

Golden and I actually did that in Firefly mafia and neither of us got lynched
I floated the idea that Sloon and Mikey are w/w on little more than a whim, and it's pretty unexpected to see TH engaging with it so much, especially after his initial mocking disbelief.
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 pm @Turnip Head let me gaze into your mind. I'd like you to write three sentences with a minimum of ten words each about the status of the game. Chop chop young man.
The status of the game is looking really really good. I think you and me and the others are going to have a great time playing this game. Not every game of mafia ends up becoming a classic but I think this one's gonna be good
On one hand, I completely 100% agree with TH's post here. Love the sentiment, I think he's right about this game.

On the other hand, this is a dismal failure to engage Mac's request on any level that progresses the game/reads/communication at all. Totally sucky.
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:54 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:57 pm What I am seeing from Mikey is a little bit of between the lines solving which I very much like
I think this is a town lean on Mikey. I could also picture TH saying "I didn't say I thought he was town for it, I just said I liked it!" :disappoint:
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:56 pm
Disagree.
Debatable.
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:58 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 am Leetic feels cornered
What's the point you're making? He's civilian because he's being pushed into a wall or is he scum because he reacts poorly?
Which one do you think I meant? If you had to guess :keys:
Ok, Drago. I agree with your assessment of TH. This is garbaggio.
More of the same empty observationals.
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:59 pm My Sloonei vote is super-stale at this point. I'm going to switch to TH. [VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:00 pm Turnip Head is town.
Oh. :|

I crammed all of these posts together, because they occupy nearly all of the latter half of LC's first page of posts. He devoted a lot of time and energy to digging through TH, taking issue with or questioning just about everything TH said, and arrived at a vote. I think this looks natural and absolutely unnecessary if they're teammed.

~~~

Conclusion

I feel pretty confident asserting that Long Con is not Turnip Head's teammate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay can I have character claims from everyone?
No reason why. Story curiosities. They’re completely randomized.

I’m Lucy.

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:25 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME is the Day 2 poll saved anywhere?
Yes but I forgot to put it in the OP. Sorry! Will add it in tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head and Sloonei :why:

Turnip Head's stuff

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:57 am Sloonei is some sort of hybrid Golden-JJJ monstrosity right now, is this his final form? He just played a dastardly villain in GoC so now he might be supatowning hard

Okay actually this might not be such a chore. This first post looks like it tells me the answer. I'm going to be choosy about what I highlight moving forward. Ain't nobody got time to interactive-analyze a Golden-JJJ monstrosity.

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 pm sloonei and ts being w/w is my new favorite conspiracy theory

"conspiracy theory" because it's known to be junk

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm I started the day more likely to vote Mikey and now I'm thinking of voting for Sloonei. It's not hard to view Sloonei's behavior through the lens where he's bad

This turn looks like more junk. I'll decide if I care later.

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 pm Sloonei vote camping off wagon for so long on a person he has no chance of lynching and hasn't even actually tried to lynch has slowly drained me of all my good will towards him.
I’m only half here today
Talk to me Sloon. You're the most level headed person here. What's going on?

Despite the prior vague suspicion, Sloonei is also the calming force Papa Bear of the game. Psh

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:58 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:56 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 am And yes if we lynch someone it should be on their own merits and not on any unproven teammate connections of course
Vote for someone.
[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Looks more like an attempt to appear carefree and loose than some distancing shit.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:54 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:50 am
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:53 pm This kind of defeatism always ends in a civilian lynch
[VOTE: turnip head] aubergine for letting defeated civilian Long Con teeter on the edge while sitting on a lame ted wagon.
I did the same thing. Why TH over me?
Turnip Head commented on it as it was happening. He watched it happen and did nothing.
That's not even close to what happened. I did not do nothing, you literally quoted me where I was doing something. Are you saying I should have voted for leetic, someone I townread and who flipped town, to save LC? I actively campaigned for a different wagon. Why was the ted wagon lame? Why was leetic a better wagon?

Looks like a mafioso staving off the accusations of a high-influence civilian.

~~~

Sloonei's stuff

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:41 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:35 pm What is your read on Turnip Head?
TH isn't a player I read particularly well. His willingness to consider that we are partners is a little bizarre, but I feel like the recent shift to focus on me is more likely to come from a civilian Turnip than a mafia one.
You?

A bit soft

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:00 pm Turnip Head is town.

mmkay :shrug2:

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 pm [VOTE: turnip head] aubergine
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 pm I think we are a bit of a mess right now and the mafia team would be content to maintain the status quo. Turnip Head is a player who stands out as not rocking the boat. I don't know if that's fair to say. I am making this assessment with only one foot in the game.

mmkay :nicenod:

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:39 am Dragomir
Mac

ts account
Turnip Head
tedxtr
Master Radishes
Funnygurl

Epignosis
Long Con
TonyStarkPrime
speedchuck

leetic
-----------------------
JaggedJimmyJay/nutella

Darker green tiers are confident town reads. Light green tier are town reads that I'm not married to. Yellow-orange are suspects-by-lack-of-town-read, orange is leetic.
Are absentee friends should not be forgotten.

mmkay? :goofp:

mmkay! :biggrin:

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 pm [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

Turnip Head is town.

mmkay. :smile:

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:27 am [VOTE: turnip head] aubergine

MMKAY. :bliss:

~~~

Conclusion

lol I had fun with the Sloonei side here; don't let it freak you out please. I don't think he is Turnip Head's teammate. His reads are ever in motion as are his votes. He's Sloonei.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It’s cliche, but rule of three
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:28 pm Okay can I have character claims from everyone?
No reason why. Story curiosities. They’re completely randomized.

I’m Lucy.
That sounds like a terrible idea in a role madness game.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head and speedchuck

Turnip Head's stuff

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:32 am Does anyone have an opinion on Mikey they'd like to share? Also Mac's vote for speedchuck feels phoned it but I was townreading him aside from that
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:05 pm I chose Radishes over Speed :shrug2:

That's it. There are no more posts. The end.

~~~

speedchuck's stuff

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 am
What's the point you're making? He's civilian because he's being pushed into a wall or is he scum because he reacts poorly?
I don't get the point of this.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:05 pm [VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine

Really cool. Goes nowhere
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:09 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:11 pm I'm not really considering it seriously, just entertaining a reality where it exists
This bad.
This bad.
This bad.
This bad.

None of these would be bad alone, but there is no good in between them.

Day 1 moves by speedchuck against TH. Just logging for now.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:17 am Turnip Head having 0 votes in this vote spread is curious. If he were town one would think scum would find his button a satisfying resting place.
What's the difference between this and TSP?
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:24 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:23 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:15 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:07 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:56 pm you ever gonna change your vote radishes?
Does it bother you?
yeah 'cause even you don't like it and by not placing a real vote you're not contributing to the vc

it's like you're withholding your voice when it matters
And you are creating a narrative that doesn't exist.

Try this one instead: in the middle of a dead thread where you hadn't posted in a long while, I voted you as I felt someone amongst the non-talkers was a scum. You did not make your appearance until much later. In the time since, I've been online twice: once where I focused on the wagon that I woke up to find on me, and now where I am ISOing a few of the other wagon options before re-evaluating my reads.

Why aren't you harassing TS or Epi for their single-wagon votes?
Or Turnip Head
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:26 pm Here's a fun one: A readlist based only on people's current votes:

Good votes - MacDougall, Sloonei, Funnygurl, ts account, Epignosis
Not Good Votes - Turnip Head, Master Radishes, Long Con, TSP, Ted
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:52 pm My day 1 hunch is better than a dead wagon. [VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine

My complaints about their empty posts are still valid, if less sure than before. And I haven't had time to evaluate the case on Radish. Work during a pandemic is awful.

Day 2 posts. speedchuck viewed TH as a suspect and said it more than once. My take will be in the conclusion.

~~~

Conclusion

This is highly problematic to me on two fronts:

1) Despite speedchuck voicing suspicion of TH multiple times and voting for him twice, TH hardly even acknowledged his existence in the game at all. He did not seem to care whatsoever about speedchuck's accusations.

2) speedchuck's accusations are of a frank enough nature that they convey greater confidence than they should.

I submit that speedchuck knew TH was bad, thereby enabling his read, and that TH did not feel the natural urgency he should have to respond to speedchuck's beefs because they were coming from his ally.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head and TonyStarkPrime

Turnip Head's stuff

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:40 am I think we lost our momentum after the weird end to the lynch and then 24 hours of radio silence.

Something I wanted to mention was TonyStarkPrime, none of us have discussed him. He was around at the end of the lynch but most of his contributions were about the hammer. Not much actual gamesolving from TSP yet which is quite different from what I remember in GoC where he was flinging out reads with a high degree of proficiency. He was never the loudest voice in the room in that game, but he did enough for other towns to know he was there and doing his best.
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:51 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:41 pm Hello Turnip I'm not scum.
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:52 pm Mr. Stark, why are you town?
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:58 pm I agree you haven't done anything particularly scummy but you also haven't done anything not scummy. To me it feels like you'd rather be safe than make any moves at all
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:00 pm [VOTE: TSP] aubergine I feel reasonably confident with this vote

This looks like TH trying to shoehorn Tony into a lynch-ready posture. TH viewed Tony as an easy target and didn't want to waste that opportunity.

~~~

TonyStarkPrime's stuff not already covered

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:21 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:40 am I think we lost our momentum after the weird end to the lynch and then 24 hours of radio silence.

Something I wanted to mention was TonyStarkPrime, none of us have discussed him. He was around at the end of the lynch but most of his contributions were about the hammer. Not much actual gamesolving from TSP yet which is quite different from what I remember in GoC where he was flinging out reads with a high degree of proficiency. He was never the loudest voice in the room in that game, but he did enough for other towns to know he was there and doing his best.
Radish town
Sloonei town
Ted town
Mikey town
Mac town
Turnip borderline
Epi borderline
Whoever I missed probably borderline
Speed scum
FG scum
Nutella scum

This is why middle reads are illegal

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:24 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:33 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm Okay it’s not Sloonei, LC, Drago, TS
Probably not Mac, Epi, MR, FG
Could be Leetic, Speed, Ted, TH
rainbow
how did i go from probably not scum to scum?

walk me through it
You were the last name on probably not scum. I inherited a town read on Ted from his townmates. It’s not Leetic. I’ve read TH higher. WelcOme to the scum side

I don't quite understand what this means.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:33 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:20 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:33 pm Long Con was the competing wagon to leetic. They ended up tied. Nobody sprang to save him. What does this mean? I can go either way on it.
I asked this question at the start of the day and it never gained traction. I'd like to put it forth again. We had a two way tie and a third wagon that was one vote behind, and yet the end of the phase slipped by quietly and without much commotion.

What does that tell us?
One of three and a half:
1) Scum wasn’t around at EOD and got lucky (LC’s self vote throws a wrench in some ways this could play out)
2) There is no scum in the top lynch options
3) Scum was actively bussing and didn’t succeed
3.5) scum actively saved a teammate (again LC’s self vote makes this weird, but maybe TH?)

All of these are possible. 2 is the most wide open and I think the most likely by a fair margin. Maybe two scum in thread bussing TH or LC. 3 covers all LC team possibilities. 1 can be dissolved into 3 or 4 team comps, none of which seem likely.

These theories rely on context that I don't grasp, so whatever. I don't think I care.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:20 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:43 am If MR is scum they're scum with TH I think. FG said in one of her longer posts that that was unlikely. Conclusion: not scum?
Qualify this. What would MR be scum with TH?
MR argued that current lynch options were weak — something as scum you can do to get town cred (notable since MR had votes earlier) or if you have scum partner among the 5ish people with votes. Notably MR left TH off the lowest posters list though TH is fifth, and MR/LC doesn’t make sense with day 1.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:55 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:31 pm voted radish
Team mate with TH?

This pairing is dissolved; they both died at the same time. One can't do much with it now. I don't really fault Tony for his perspective here.

~~~

Conclusion

The stuff that speaks loudest to me here are TH's posts about Tony, particularly when he smushed him into a poorly-conceived vote. I view him as more likely to be TownieStarkPrime.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head & Friends
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:59 am Ts latching onto sloon for discussing mechanics felt a bit opportunist and now that they're actually discussing reads he's sinking his teeth in deeper
Good look for ts account.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:48 am

I'm named after a quote from the television show LOST. I actually have no idea where Master Radishes came from, though I did catch him as scum from like his second post in the last game
Generic banter with funnygurl. I might be inclined to say that this exchange doesn't exist at all if they're partners, but that's not a strong conviction.

ts account continues to have his chops busted by TH. +1 mikey

+1 Long Con
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:42 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm @ts account right off the bat 2.0, yeah, I am spinning everything negatively. That is the point of the exercise. It's not a nefarious agenda. When I make a case like that, I am asking myself whether or not I can see the player as mafia in each post. If the answer is yes, I share my interpretation of their possible mafia motives. That is what I did with your posts. I acknowledged in the post that there are other explanations. But I have concerns and I voiced them.
You do not seem interested in pursuing these other possibilities, therefore you do not seem interested in truly scumhunting.
I feel like you're talking about yourself. You don't seem interested in pursuing anything other than Sloonei being scum which has snowballed from the beginning of the game
If these two are partners then TH embarked on a one-sided distancing act. ts account didn't really reciprocate this oppositional attitude, from what I remember. A quick scan of his posts shows ts mostly just swatting TH away at the time. Later he would make this post as a standalone thing. I'm not inclined to view any of this as distancing and/or bussing. It does not look coordinated or fabricated, TH's push in particular looks a little bloodthirsty.

Another +1 for LC
Look at this post. It exists. This post is absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt contained in this game thread. Unfortunately it doesn't say anything. -1 for Epi.

Turnip Head spent some time entertaining the possibility of a tinfoil theory about ts account and I being partners. I feel it is safe to say that ts account is not bad.

Token pressure and softball question for Epignosis. :ponder:
Immediate qualifier. Maybe this is TH being nervous that a civilian Epignosis is about to turn his question against him. Maybe it's TH trying to avoid a situation where he and his partner accidentally butt heads.
Disagree.
This is now a string of posts interacting with Epi. My immediate observation is that TH's tone is different in dealing with Epi than anyone else. He comes off a bit more hostile in other interactions (ts account most notably), but in dealing with Epi, TH is more passive. He's asking open ended questions that go nowhere. He's not digging his nails in. I've already stated my two possible interpretations of this: TH could be acting cautious around an experienced civilian player who knows him well, or TH could be acting a bit awkwardly around his partner. I'm not sure which way I'd lean just yet.
I'm still not sure. This is a more critical stance against Epignosis, but TH still is not really pouncing. "idk what that means really just an observation" is as much a verbal shrug as any sentence fragment I've ever read. Does TH want us to look into Epi, or is TH just vomiting words about Epi?
Interesting. This post just flicked a light switch in my mind. Context: at the end of Day 1, Long Con and leetic were tied at 4 votes each. Turnip Head was present, but his vote was on ted, who was at 3 votes. I criticized TH earlier for not stepping up to break the tie one way or another. We now know that leetic and ted were both town. LC is the one name left.
TH has plenty of demonstrated suspicion against LC on Day 1. This post is the latest of a few posts that are anti-LC. But when TH had the chance to get rid of LC, he didn't. At the same time, however, LC was self-voting. One might think that's an indication that he's comfortable to be bussed (unless we had unknown vote shenanigans at play, in which case :shrug: ), and TH was the one person above all others who was primed to step up and claim credit for the lynch result. If LC is his partner, then the self-vote gambit sets up a stellar opportunity for TH to ride his town cred to the end of the game. He didn't take it. I am inclined to believe, as I did earlier, that all three of the wagons on Day 1 were civilians and that the mafia team didn't care which one got lynched.
After typing all of that, TH's very next post walks the suspicion back a bit. Ugh. Lame. The ensuing exchange looks spontaneous enough that I feel alright about it, at least. I dunno. If they're partners then Day 1 was convoluted as hell.

Goofy late-day shade at ts account
I have no trouble viewing this as an opportunistic push against a civilian. funnygurl was a polarizing figure on Day 1 (and still is, it seems), and around this time we had certain people (namely Mac) declaring her a strong civilian read, while others were pushing her as a viable suspect. TH doesn't need to chime in at all, but he does, and his stance adds nothing but skepticism to the justifications given to town read her. +1 funnygurl

For context, Turnip Head deliberately justified having a town read on leetic towards the end of Day 1. He is pushing hard against ted at this point and has not followed through at all on his LC suspicion from earlier.
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:31 pm
Well ideally we lynch ted first
Holy cow! Another exchange with Epignosis that accomplishes nothing.
This post is in reference to LC's self vote, and this was what prompted my TH vote at the start of Day 2. TH did nothing while two supposed civilian reads were getting lynched. There were some phantom attempts to drum up support for ted, but it didn't look energized in the way that I'd expect from a civilian who sees two bad wagons in the lead. I still think this looks good for LC, but the self vote was so bizarre that I can't look at it too confidently. TH also said this at the start of Day 2:
So :shrug:
Evidence elsewhere in this ISO suggests these are three civilians.

First time tony has made an appearance and it's an implicitly negative post. Not firm enough for me to award Tony major points, but it certainly looks like an attempt to draw attention to him as a suspect.
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:46 am Why is FG scum?
Funnygurl's received a flurry of votes mid-day. I assume this is a question about that. Generic. Doesn't tell me much.

Turnip really wants people to talk about ts account. Also bonus negative point for speedchuck for making his first appearance in this ISO as the victim of a "phoned in" vote from Mac.
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:56 pm Probably Epi. He usually does a better job of pushing his thoughts and stating his cases even when no one agrees with him
In response to "who would you be voting for if not Mikey/ts account?" Okay. Keeping an open mind, but I'd be willing to bet that this goes absolutely nowhere.

Look at that, less than 24 hours later Turnip Head votes for someone other than ts account and it's not Epi! Wild.
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:30 pm That was an awful lot of waffling from master radishes re: leetic for someone who never ended up actually changing his vote
Generic support for Epi's case against Radishes, which is then apparently used to justify a vote. Bonus negative point for speedchuck for making his second appearance in this ISO as the person saved by Turnip Head at the end of Day 2.

Epi looks the worst here. speedchuck is barely present. ts account is town. Tony is probably town. I think LC and funnygurl are town here as well, but there's room for alternative interpretations.

[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine as an extra gut punch once he's reached the end of my latest novel.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I assume ted was shot by a civilian, along with TH.
if ted had survived the night he'd be confirmed town by TH's flip. poopy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 pm Epi looks the worst here. speedchuck is barely present. ts account is town. Tony is probably town. I think LC and funnygurl are town here as well, but there's room for alternative interpretations.
If you're a civilian, one of those towns must be wrong.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 pm Epi looks the worst here. speedchuck is barely present. ts account is town. Tony is probably town. I think LC and funnygurl are town here as well, but there's room for alternative interpretations.
oh right. numbers are stupid.

hm. Maybe Long Con. Heavy tinfoil says I was too easy on ts account, but he's been a comfortable town read all game. On the other hand, he's been a comfortable town read all game. I don't know. I'm inclined to say Epi is close to being a lock and he's the frontrunner for today as far as I am concerned.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:36 pm

hm. Maybe Long Con. Heavy tinfoil says I was too easy on ts account, but he's been a comfortable town read all game. On the other hand, he's been a comfortable town read all game. I don't know. I'm inclined to say Epi is close to being a lock and he's the frontrunner for today as far as I am concerned.
I'm not finished yet, but I like ts account less than you do.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hmmmmmm
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:38 pm

hmmmmmm
Tell us about this hmmmmmm, goddess nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:40 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:38 pm

hmmmmmm
Tell us about this hmmmmmm, goddess nutella.
I'm wondering if you're bad
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:38 pm hmmmmmm
Consider our Thing as you judge Sloonei. I think there's something important there.

And we can have fun being vague while nobody else knows what we're on about. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:42 pm
Consider our Thing as you judge Sloonei. I think there's something important there.

And we can have fun being vague while nobody else knows what we're on about. :biggrin:
I was thinking about it yes. :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:33 pm I assume ted was shot by a civilian, along with TH.
if ted had survived the night he'd be confirmed town by TH's flip. poopy.
Can you summarize the TH/Ted stuff that would have achieved this confirmation according to you?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Would it be fruitful to tell us anything about your Thing, or is it better kept secret?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:42 pm

Based on Thing (and also interaction and his general play) I think he's a solid civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

wow, sucks to be wrong about turnip there in the end. i got charmed by the "idk what I'm doing thing"
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:44 pm

Would it be fruitful to tell us anything about your Thing, or is it better kept secret?
I'm not actually sure yet. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:44 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:42 pm

Based on Thing (and also interaction and his general play) I think he's a solid civilian.
I'm not entirely sure I see it the way you do, but fine.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:44 pm wow, sucks to be wrong about turnip there in the end. i got charmed by the "idk what I'm doing thing"
If you're town it doesn't suck to see a red flip. You should be glad you were wrong. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”