9%

Total votes: 11
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D4)

Post by Sloonei »

My character is the guy whose name looks like a typo, for what it’s worth.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

(Chuck and FG’s flips have been edited to reflect their ship possession)
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:12 pm Day 1 I forgot to use my ability because I'm used to using abilities at night. Day 2 I targeted ts account, and I was able to target a player at night, and be told if they’re an assassin character or not. Day 3 I targeted Tony to verify the truth of his claim, and I got nothing from it.
I should stop asking questions.

I struggle with the claim that you “got nothing” from Tony’s role. Surely you’d still get something, even if he was bad. “Getting nothing” implies he’s vanilla.
I do get a "nerfed version" so if his is limited to finding and killing me, then it's understandable.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And when I said "results may vary", that was my own words... I synonym-changed the role because I wasn't sure about quoting PMs exactly. The real words indicate that it depends on the role I target.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Anyway, I'm going to line up at Walmart for a few hours. Be back later. Probably be checking in on my phone during the wait as well, I guess.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tony has claimed other abilities.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

At some point I’ll look around for evidence of that mikey target.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tony’s “everybody tell me your character” approach does line up pretty well with speedchuck’s role.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Which makes less sense: Long Con’s self-vote, or Tony’s roleclaim?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do either of you have any desire to make any sort of case against me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:06 pm Ok, well then my "spirit vote" is on Tony. His role claim is a lie. I'm Desmond, and I'm Civ, and there's no way in hell he wouldn't have tried to kill me last night if he had the chance. I assume he tried to target someone else with his power (likely to kill Desmond if you can find him). He was trying to draw me out so he'd know who to target.

Sloonei, I'm town, and voting Tony is the way for us to win the game.
SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

He’s scum. If it’s Sloonei I’m willing to toss it in.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:04 pm Do either of you have any desire to make any sort of case against me?
I can’t get over you being mechanically cleared
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:06 pm Ok, well then my "spirit vote" is on Tony. His role claim is a lie. I'm Desmond, and I'm Civ, and there's no way in hell he wouldn't have tried to kill me last night if he had the chance. I assume he tried to target someone else with his power (likely to kill Desmond if you can find him). He was trying to draw me out so he'd know who to target.

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
yes my role works the way y’all thought it did I got a clarificatory PM I’m slightly ashamed that I took a stance on my own role and then was completely wrong so you can throw that into the untrustworthy things about me bin
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

There’s a problem here.
Nowhere has it been revealed that the scum team has vote manipulation.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:17 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
yes my role works the way y’all thought it did I got a clarificatory PM I’m slightly ashamed that I took a stance on my own role and then was completely wrong so you can throw that into the untrustworthy things about me bin
Could you explain your role in as much details as possible?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:18 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
The way LC said: I target someone, and if they’re Desmond, I kill them. Last night I targeted Speed — I knew Desmond had to be on the scum team because of how Speed reacted to my power, and Speed was the safest guess for being for sure on the scum team. I didn’t target LC because even though he had the highest chance of being Desmond I also thought he might be town.

Im also ascetic, which seems to be a common theme in this game. I said that yesterday. If LC targeted me, his action would have failed.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:24 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
The way LC said: I target someone, and if they’re Desmond, I kill them. Last night I targeted Speed — I knew Desmond had to be on the scum team because of how Speed reacted to my power, and Speed was the safest guess for being for sure on the scum team. I didn’t target LC because even though he had the highest chance of being Desmond I also thought he might be town.

Im also ascetic, which seems to be a common theme in this game. I said that yesterday. If LC targeted me, his action would have failed.
What happens to your target if they're not Desmond? Why did LC have a higher chance to be him?

Do you believe LC's role claim?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:25 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:24 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC

What happens to your target if they're not Desmond? Why did LC have a higher chance to be him?

Do you believe LC's role claim?
LC hadn’t claimed yet, had the second highest chance of being scum, and was averse to the whole plan in a way generally not expressed by others. You can see a noticeable change in reaction after I revealed the character, though he only mentioned the power once before.

The lack of vote manipulation throws me off on LC’s claim. I don’t understand the self vote as scum in that case.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why would scum LC claim to have vote manipulation at all?

What happens if you target a player who's not Desmond?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:33 pm Why would scum LC claim to have vote manipulation at all?

Well that gets to the honesty question — I hesitate about his claim because of that.

Nothing.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei are you responsible for a kill yesterday?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A quick google search tells me that Mikey's character is an assassin, so I'm guessing that speedchuck killed him. Funnygurl would be the team kill.
Since neither of you have claimed anything that would be capable of killing speedchuck, I think I can explain his death with confidence: I passed the golden apple to funnygurl after I used it. I assume that she used it on speed.

linki: only indirectly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

If the scum team knew the Gods were descending Sloonei would have been forced perhaps to snipe the obvious lynch target for the next day? But no one else would have known about the power and my general impression is that the descending Gods were not expected by scum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:40 pm If the scum team knew the Gods were descending Sloonei would have been forced perhaps to snipe the obvious lynch target for the next day? But no one else would have known about the power and my general impression is that the descending Gods were not expected by scum.
It was implied that the mafia team knew of the existence of the apple and would be searching for it, for what it's worth. I needed to pass it along to somebody else to keep it hidden. I picked funnygurl because she was a town read for me but not many others at the time. I started sweating when I thought I had caught her in a lie about her role yesterday.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:40 pm If the scum team knew the Gods were descending Sloonei would have been forced perhaps to snipe the obvious lynch target for the next day? But no one else would have known about the power and my general impression is that the descending Gods were not expected by scum.
It was implied that the mafia team knew of the existence of the apple and would be searching for it, for what it's worth. I needed to pass it along to somebody else to keep it hidden. I picked funnygurl because she was a town read for me but not many others at the time. I started sweating when I thought I had caught her in a lie about her role yesterday.
Did the Gods know who you passed the Apple to?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:45 pm
I have no idea. I'd assume they did not, but I have no way of knowing. Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
LOL ok, so now it's revealed that you lied and were trying to get me to reveal my role so you could kill me. Figured as much.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:48 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
LOL ok, so now it's revealed that you lied and were trying to get me to reveal my role so you could kill me. Figured as much.
What lie did he tell?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:48 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:45 pm
I have no idea. I'd assume they did not, but I have no way of knowing. Why?
trying to figure out if you could be lying. For what it’s worth, if you had answered the question straight either option was more suspicious.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:33 pm Why would scum LC claim to have vote manipulation at all?

Well that gets to the honesty question — I hesitate about his claim because of that.

Nothing.
Oh, of course, you expect scum to be honest about that kind of thing. It's a pretty big stretch to believe that you believe that. Here's a simpler explanation: you are scum. :nicenod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:49 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
What lie did he tell?
He lied about how his role worked to get me to reveal my character and give the scum a free kill.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:52 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
What lie did he tell?
He lied about how his role worked to get me to reveal my character and give the scum a free kill.
Clarificatory PM
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:04 pm Do either of you have any desire to make any sort of case against me?
The best case I can see is your treatment by Turnip Head. Looks like distancing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:55 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:52 pm

SHOULD HAVE TARGETED LC
What lie did he tell?
Clarificatory PM
It's a clever plan whether you are town or scum. Disappointed you say that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] if tony is mafia and his objective is just to kill a civilian Desmond, then the game is already over.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:57 pm
The best case I can see is your treatment by Turnip Head. Looks like distancing.
I wanted a little extra distance to be safe, so I shot him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

#SocialDistancing
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:59 pm @Long Con if tony is mafia and his objective is just to kill a civilian Desmond, then the game is already over.
I think you misunderstand something
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:59 pm @Long Con if tony is mafia and his objective is just to kill a civilian Desmond, then the game is already over.
Not if we lynch him... :confused:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:01 pm
How so @sloonei
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I’m saying that if you have the role that you claim to have but you are mafia then Long Con would have died in the night. Is that not the case?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:02 pm
I’m saying that if you have the role that you claim to have but you are mafia then Long Con would have died in the night. Is that not the case?
No, he didn't target me. Are you still believing the lie?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:08 pm
No, he didn't target me. Are you still believing the lie?
Yup.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LOL why? Especially when it makes no sense by the game not being over?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:13 pm LOL why? Especially when it makes no sense by the game not being over?
I think you are misunderstanding me.

If Tony is bad and his role is that he can and must kill Desmond, then there’s a good chance he can figure out that it’s you by the time last night roles around. That being the case he would have shot you without hesitation. If that happens there are four deaths and I am the only civilian left alive, so the game is over.

So if you believe that Tony’s role is in fact designed specifically to kill you, and that he is mafia, then you should be dead. The game would be over.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

If I’m scum then it’s maybe not the case that I think LC is the most likely Desmond since LC being likely Desmond is partially because he’s likely scum. I could have targeted you instead, failed, and then lied about my choices today.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:18 pm
If I’m scum then it’s maybe not the case that I think LC is the most likely Desmond since LC being likely Desmond is partially because he’s likely scum. I could have targeted you instead, failed, and then lied about my choices today.
Shhh
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:13 pm LOL why? Especially when it makes no sense by the game not being over?
I think you are misunderstanding me.

If Tony is bad and his role is that he can and must kill Desmond, then there’s a good chance he can figure out that it’s you by the time last night roles around. That being the case he would have shot you without hesitation. If that happens there are four deaths and I am the only civilian left alive, so the game is over.

So if you believe that Tony’s role is in fact designed specifically to kill you, and that he is mafia, then you should be dead. The game would be over.
There were a lot more people around to target last night than there are right now.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I agree with Sloonei’s assessment that I as scum would have won last night with that ideal play. But if I’m scum I easily could have actually messed up.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”