Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Night 1]

Post by nutella »

He was scum and survived to the end (fooling juliets and securing scum victory)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:08 pm I think this might be the only game outside the one I ran and Take Me Out with open claims that I’ve seen here. Not 100% sure about that but I think it’s true.
We had a series of heists where open claiming was allowed and encouraged, where Jay and I used the matrix setup modeled after Champs that one year. That's been a while, and Sloonei seemingly resurrected it for our recent heist which was my return game, so I'd add those as well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I appreciate the efforts from everyone, by the way. I'll try to cheerlead this thread back into a less... negative environment which I feel bad for my contributions to.

I plan on doing more solving at some point, but just so you all know I'll be inactive on that front until sometime during Day 2 due to work and other fun obligations.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm 100% okay with my vote on Option 1 as well now, by the way. I think, if implemented correctly, it gives us the best chance to win going forward. I do sort of hope it's only for one day cycle though and not permanent because it could get us to LYLO really quickly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and thanks for clarifying guys, re: Inception.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Master Radishes »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:07 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:47 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:40 pm Pop quiz!

Jack is mafia. Who can tell me why?
Don't know, but from my limited meta I'm feeling he sounds a bit like Inception Jack lately.
Sorry, I'm going to be unfamiliar with all the Inception references. What alignment was Jack there, how did he play, and how long was he alive?
Jack was scum and won it in the last round. I think it was F3/F4 even? I don't remember now. I was there to the end as well as 3P.

For my part, it was my first game with him so I didn't know him at all, but I could never keep a stable read on him - I'd feel he was sounding genuine if a bit above-it-all, then I'd review and find no solid reason to TR him and the math would point to him needing to be a lone wolf, and I flip flopped like that all game.

So far here he has the same sort of tone, and I've found myself doing the same thing - I liked him at first based on tone, and now am finding little reason to keep that read because he fits into all worlds.

It's early - I'm not married to this, especially with still limited meta.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:09 pm He was scum and survived to the end (fooling juliets and securing scum victory)
Ugh yes, another game I lost for town in f3 by picking Jack over LLD as town. I am wary of him this game, understandably.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh my apologies [mention]Master Radishes[/mention] I forgot you were there. It was f4.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The thing about Jack yesterday that kept me from putting him in my pile of people to consider for lynch was he told us it was his anniversary, so I attributed his limited contributions to that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 366

Post by speedchuck »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 am I quickly caught up, some thoughts:

Wary of Jack. I don't have any idea what to make of him, and I've not really seen him post like this before. The balance of content and jokes and post number is just way off. I know that sounds weird but it'sameta.

It occurred to me reading around the EOD that LC had a bunch of random votes and wagon pushers early... which was exactly the strategy I used with him in a scumgame that just ended. The mafia planned out a bunch of initial busses to look unaligned, and we (Read: LC) won thanks to that. LC is definitely someone to look into tomorrow, as well as anyone who pushed him early.

Even in that case, I think there was scum vote manipulation around the EOD. It would be good if people stated the reasons for their votes and (if they weren't on sig) whether they still believe in their wagons.
Ok, but kill them before me, because no, I didn't try to immediately implement an identical plan. PLUS, those early pushers were weaksauce. Nobody really believed M plus 7 intended to lynch me Day 1 for revenge. When it worked for us, it stood up to Detective Sloonei going back over it with a fine-toothed comb, coming up with the conclusion that the planned suspicion looked more real than the Tony suspicion. This is not that.
This correction makes me feel mildly better about LC. I realize it's fakeable, but there's less reason for him to correct this if he's scum and wants us all guessing.
As someone who was on that team with him, I like this response.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

And btw Re: the poll we can always use the hidden lynch to can a low-poster while actively hunting with the public poll. It's not the best use of it, but it is less susceptible to scum manipulation.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 452
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:32 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:41 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:38 pm Might as well ISO Jack too.
Don’t bother. I can self confirm.
Are you serious about this?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, several people feel like we can coordinate well enough that scum won't be able to exploit option 1 so I'm voting for it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:39 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:19 am I think your argument can be boiled down to “Option 2 seems useless but at least pro-town” which is probably wrong on at least one side
I mean, suppose Donald Trump is mafia. Hard to say forcing someone to do a Donald Trump impression isn't protown.

It's just the implication that if the mafia was like Trump, VInce McMahon, Kelly Loeffler, etc, that option would be too good so things aren't that easy.

Idk. There should be some sort of theme to the scum team, I'd imagine.
that's not the scum team
If you claim Trump, I’m lynching you anyway just like in Hybridity.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:42 pm And btw Re: the poll we can always use the hidden lynch to can a low-poster while actively hunting with the public poll. It's not the best use of it, but it is less susceptible to scum manipulation.
An intriguing proposition. Perhaps the secret vote could be to lynch someone very clearly in the bottom rung of the POE, perhaps due to low post count or LHF or whatever.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:17 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:42 pm And btw Re: the poll we can always use the hidden lynch to can a low-poster while actively hunting with the public poll. It's not the best use of it, but it is less susceptible to scum manipulation.
An intriguing proposition. Perhaps the secret vote could be to lynch someone very clearly in the bottom rung of the POE, perhaps due to low post count or LHF or whatever.
Or we could just use it to lynch Jack (again) until he is rid of the delusion that he cannot be lynched. :feb:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

That would be the safest approach.
Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:41 pm
Or we could just use it to lynch Jack (again) until he is rid of the delusion that he cannot be lynched. :feb:
I am not opposed to this.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hey guys, I'm here, but on mobile since my internet has been down all day. ;-; Will start catching up right now.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 am I quickly caught up, some thoughts:

Wary of Jack. I don't have any idea what to make of him, and I've not really seen him post like this before. The balance of content and jokes and post number is just way off. I know that sounds weird but it'sameta.

It occurred to me reading around the EOD that LC had a bunch of random votes and wagon pushers early... which was exactly the strategy I used with him in a scumgame that just ended. The mafia planned out a bunch of initial busses to look unaligned, and we (Read: LC) won thanks to that. LC is definitely someone to look into tomorrow, as well as anyone who pushed him early.

Even in that case, I think there was scum vote manipulation around the EOD. It would be good if people stated the reasons for their votes and (if they weren't on sig) whether they still believe in their wagons.
My vote went on MR because I couldn't convince anyone to wagon 112 or Tony and because I didn't want to vote Sig or Nanook. Like I mentioned yesterday, Sig's wagon grew to four quickly after someone criticized one of their posts, so I was skeptical about going there. And, I wasn't ready to see Nanook die.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:41 pm
*nightkills self*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

That didn't count cause Jay was involved and also technically SVS got lynched, not me.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:51 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:17 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:46 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 pm Actually, Nanook, would you go for MR for self-preservation purposes?
Obviously I’ll go anyone for self prez if it comes to it lol
Okay, cool. I'll settle for MR then.
[VOTE: Master Radish] aubergine

DDL, welcome to my towncore. You're taking MR's spot.
Uh ohhhhh

Nutella no likey

Im high btw
This was a huge moment, and not just because I was high lol. This was an awful look on Hyena, and made me think I had misplaced my trust in him. I think it's possible he's teammates with Nanook and was looking for a reason to justify joining the MR train to save his teammate. Why did he suddenly decide to trust DDL of all people? It made no sense. Hyena explain yourself.
DDL was going to take MR's place in my town circle since I couldn't keep MR there if were going to all vote for him. :P Since MR is still here though, DDL is back out and MR is back in.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

When you've been lynched as a townie like 8 times in 11 years, you learn to come up with excuses for why none of those lynches count. :grin:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I should probably actually try to find the baddies, huh?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:00 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:02 pm Speedchuck, talk to me about DDL. If you can convince me that DDL's town, I might be open to considering MR as an option, too.
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME this is the last thing he said about DDL before welcoming him into his towncore. I haven't looked at what speed or DDL posted in between those, but regardless I don't know how you could call that well-developed.
Oh. Yeah, it wasn't well-developed. Can't deny that, lol. I just made a decision on the fly and decided to roll with it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:13 pm I should probably actually try to find the baddies, huh?
Try lookin in a mirror, pal.

(yeah you prob should)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:03 pm Lol yeah speed wasn't convincing and ddl hardly said anything relevant, Hyena just decided to townread him somewhere in there without explaining why.
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 pm Actually, Nanook, would you go for MR for self-preservation purposes?
I like the people on MR way more than I do the other wagons.
It really makes no sense.
Yeah, basically this!
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Master Radishes »

Forgot to call it, but voted option 1. I don't have a strong opinion but you guys seem to, so let's roll with it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:13 pm I should probably actually try to find the baddies, huh?

(yeah you prob should)
Prepare to laugh.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nutella obviously getting high to try to throw me off my radar.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

112 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:58 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:56 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:41 pm [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
I feel disgusting doing this, lol.
This is right before the above quotes. Would be say this about a scum buddy? Idk *wifom emoji* maybe he has tmi on town!nanook instead. Maybe DDL is his partner, though that would also be a weird interaction. I just get bad feelings about Hyena from those few posts, independently of nanook's alignment. He could have known MR and Nanook would both flip town. There are various possible interpretations but mostly Hyena looks icky around that part of the phase.
Whether or not nute is right, I'd clear her for this. It's a very developed read.

I'll ISO Hyena later in the night. I was sussing him a bit to myself but didn't say anything yesterday as I was focused on other people. It does read like a tmi on town!nook now that I'm looking back at it.
Are you sure you're not clearing Nute because you want to buddy up with her? :P And are you sure you didn't mention sussing me yesterday because I was widely townread and pushing you throughout the day?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I voted for option 1 too, by the way.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:26 pm
This is right before the above quotes. Would be say this about a scum buddy? Idk *wifom emoji* maybe he has tmi on town!nanook instead. Maybe DDL is his partner, though that would also be a weird interaction. I just get bad feelings about Hyena from those few posts, independently of nanook's alignment. He could have known MR and Nanook would both flip town. There are various possible interpretations but mostly Hyena looks icky around that part of the phase.
Whether or not nute is right, I'd clear her for this. It's a very developed read.

I'll ISO Hyena later in the night. I was sussing him a bit to myself but didn't say anything yesterday as I was focused on other people. It does read like a tmi on town!nook now that I'm looking back at it.
Are you sure you're not clearing Nute because you want to buddy up with her? :P And are you sure you didn't mention sussing me yesterday because I was widely townread and pushing you throughout the day?
Just like Nutella 'convinced' you MP7 was scum and should be voted, huh? :P
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:21 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:18 pm

(yeah you prob should)
Prepare to laugh.
I'm always prepared to laugh
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah those responses aren't helping your case Hy-Hy.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m willing to take the «Jack is scum because he hasn’t diagnosed Nutella yet» argument pretty seriously.
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by 112 »

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:26 pm

It was mild sus like mild salsa.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:10 pm I’m willing to take the «Jack is scum because he hasn’t diagnosed Nutella yet» argument pretty seriously.
Does this still apply if nutella is red?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I wasn’t joking about self confirming.
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by 112 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:27 pm I wasn’t joking about self confirming.
were you lying tho
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 pm That didn't count cause Jay was involved and also technically SVS got lynched, not me.
1. Since when does JAy's involvement factor into your unlynchability? Did that exist before that game?

2. Your technicality has been overruled.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 13

Post by MacDougall »

I am handling night actions so if you just send your action to Epignosis after he specifically said to send them to both of us then it won't count you filthy serfs.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:26 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:10 pm I’m willing to take the «Jack is scum because he hasn’t diagnosed Nutella yet» argument pretty seriously.
It did in Australian Country Murder Mystery where Jack was town and nutella was scum and he called it on Day 1.

linki lol Mac

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 pm
It did in Australian Country Murder Mystery where Jack was town and nutella was scum and he called it on Day 1.

linki lol Mac
No, I meant does Tony’s read apply. Like, is he making that read dependent on nutella being town.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

If you could let him answer I’d appreciate it :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 pm

linki lol Mac
No, I meant does Tony’s read apply. Like, is he making that read dependent on nutella being town.
Oh! My apologies, I misunderstood.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for your clean efforts so far, players! As before, remember that if you ever have concerns about the game I am open for your personal message business and eager for discussion. Don't mind me, just checking in.

Jay the Mod
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 pm Thanks for your clean efforts so far, players! As before, remember that if you ever have concerns about the game I am open for your personal message business and eager for discussion. Don't mind me, just checking in.

Jay the Mod
Now if Jack gets lynched he’s going to claim you interfered
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 pm That didn't count cause Jay was involved and also technically SVS got lynched, not me.
1. Since when does JAy's involvement factor into your unlynchability? Did that exist before that game?

2. Your technicality has been overruled.
Yeah. He got me lynched in Assassination Classroom. We were both town there, too.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JAAAAAAAAACK. Who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares. You haven't played this damn gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”