Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How do you feel about the Racket game type?

This will be my preferred type.
17%
It seems cool.
42%
I see the appeal, but it's not for me.
42%
I don't like the idea.
No votes
Other somehow
No votes

Total votes: 12
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:24 am Hey welcome @Jackofhearts2005

We are here trying to figure out nutella. What would your nutelladar say?
Lol it's broken but I'll give it a whirl.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:05 am I mean Sig basically said “fuck that and fuck you” and left the thread entirely. How is that my fault again? Like he didn’t even try to play the game, I had suggestive mechanical information that made me think he was >rand scum, what would you have me do? Go “oh well he flipped me off and peaced our, THAT’S A TOWNIE THING TO DO”???

I’ll eat some responsibility for it, but Jesus I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable or bullying of me to ask people to play the game 🤷‍♀️
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nanook is doubling down on the "I had suggestive mechanical information" card, which I STILL believe to have been fake from the start and Nanook's approach has felt suspicious to me. It doesn't look like pro-town fake-peeking (which can be a thing), it looks like malicious mafia fake-peeking, as in his intention from the start was only to get sig lynched and not, INSTEAD, to look for player reactions to his gambit, including the reaction of the hypothetical mafia (in a universe where Nanook is town), no he was JUST trying to get sig lynched, and the way he continues to double down on his ploy feels slimy as hell because he's still strategically sprinkling mentions of "info", info which I assume will never see the light of day, because it doesn't exist, because it can't exist, and yet even after sig's death, nanook mentions that he had it.

Fake and slimy. Nanook is bad.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] I don't know what your limits are regarding what you are allowed to claim but you'll have to give out something.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:49 am Nanook is doubling down on the "I had suggestive mechanical information" card, which I STILL believe to have been fake from the start and Nanook's approach has felt suspicious to me. It doesn't look like pro-town fake-peeking (which can be a thing), it looks like malicious mafia fake-peeking, as in his intention from the start was only to get sig lynched and not, INSTEAD, to look for player reactions to his gambit, including the reaction of the hypothetical mafia (in a universe where Nanook is town), no he was JUST trying to get sig lynched, and the way he continues to double down on his ploy feels slimy as hell because he's still strategically sprinkling mentions of "info", info which I assume will never see the light of day, because it doesn't exist, because it can't exist, and yet even after sig's death, nanook mentions that he had it.

Having just played with scum nanook, I feel like this is different behavior. He's kinda incensed about the way things turned out, slimy as he was in the whole interaction. If he were scum, he'd probably be openly laughing at us.

Maybe I'm missing some context though.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I highlight randomly as I read things, so this new quote feature is hilariously inconvenient.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:14 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:49 am Nanook is doubling down on the "I had suggestive mechanical information" card, which I STILL believe to have been fake from the start and Nanook's approach has felt suspicious to me. It doesn't look like pro-town fake-peeking (which can be a thing), it looks like malicious mafia fake-peeking, as in his intention from the start was only to get sig lynched and not, INSTEAD, to look for player reactions to his gambit, including the reaction of the hypothetical mafia (in a universe where Nanook is town), no he was JUST trying to get sig lynched, and the way he continues to double down on his ploy feels slimy as hell because he's still strategically sprinkling mentions of "info", info which I assume will never see the light of day, because it doesn't exist, because it can't exist, and yet even after sig's death, nanook mentions that he had it.

Having just played with scum nanook, I feel like this is different behavior. He's kinda incensed about the way things turned out, slimy as he was in the whole interaction. If he were scum, he'd probably be openly laughing at us.

He kind of is openly disrespecting sig tho
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:22 am

Well.

When you put it like that, yeah. It just feels more irate than his scumgame, but that might be because he was more at the center of this.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:01 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I don't know what your limits are regarding what you are allowed to claim but you'll have to give out something.
As a general rule I’m not going to claim during the night phase lol

I’ll consider claiming during the day depending on what happens at night
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:22 am

That is correct, I am openly disrespecting Sig. he bullied MP then peaced out instead of playing the game. What is there to respect about that, again? Am I supposed to pretend to be sympathetic to him not liking claiming in a claims game? Or am I supposed to respect him ragequitting? Fuck that, play the game you signed up for.

(Important note that this lack of respect applies to this game only)
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My first thought on the rules is that rhyming is a massive waste of time for civs.

Burning post count to expand post count? And then it obscures natural tone as well.

A rhyme
Is never a waste of time
You uncultured swine
So get back in line
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 am My first thought on the rules is that rhyming is a massive waste of time for civs.

Burning post count to expand post count? And then it obscures natural tone as well.
1 post with 5 rhymes = 5 extra posts every phase until the end of the game.

It's a good trade imo.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I can't be there only one who sees how obvious it is that Nanook is scum lol.

Just cuz claiming is legal doesn't mean it's illegal to not claim. He didn't break the rules.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:12 am If you’re waiting for me to not rhyme
This ain’t that time
To channel my inner jacksie
You can’t kill me, no take backsie
Hardy har.

As of end of page 2, I could lynch Nanook or Dunya or Speed or GMan, in about that order.

Have a reason to townread about everyone else.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:11 pm
dunya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:10 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:03 pm I guess sig being vanilla confuses that idea a little, since I'm not sure what kind of ability nanook would have in that scenario. hm
this method and ruins the game for townies. he made us waste a whole day thinking "we netted sig in the bag" because he had suspicions of him day 1, which is kinda selfish. if nanook is bad, i'll tip my hat. if he's town, i don't care how many scum he caught that way in the last game, that ruins the game for townies and is no fun.
I don't think that's what happened. Or at least, I never considered sig to be "in the bag." I viewed nanook's claim as a play to get sig talking. sig's response was to not talk. That is why I was on board with the lynch.
Same here. I want to be really careful in my language here, because it's clear that tensions are running high for a number of people in the thread. There are 2 separate things going on here: (1) people trying to relax and have a good time together during a pretty terrible time, and (2) people trying to win mafia. When I say this next part, I am talking only about the "trying to win a game of mafia" part of that. I am not trying to say that I think sig in any way is a bad person, was "playing the game wrong", or anything of that nature. Objective #1, the "having a good time" part of this, is by far the most important part, which is why JJJ put it as his #1 rule for the entire game.

Again, speaking purely from a game-solving perspective. Yes, NANOOK claimed he had a red read on sig. That obviously sucks for sig, but in a game of mafia, there are ways to argue the point, especially since NANOOK himself admitted the read could be wrong. One could OMGUS NANOOK, one could argue that although the read looks bad, their thread contributions so far should outweigh it, etc. Sig did not choose to do any of those things. Instead he expressed frustration with the rules of the game, and then essentially left the thread. We know now that he did that for the very understandable and perfectly acceptable reason tnat he was not having fun in the game, but we didn't know that at the time. If you're a mafia, the entiretyof this game is literally to deceive people into thinking you are on their team when you aren't, and emotion is one possible tool to do that. Combine that with the fact that tone is very hard to convey over text, and I think it is completely understandable for someone to conclude (again, as we now know, falsely) that sig was upset because he was a caught baddie.

I do get that people have an issue with how NANOOK played it from the standpoint of Objective #1, but that's not what I'm addressing here. Purely in terms of objective #2, do people think it's really reasonable to believe that NANOOK and DDL, as two baddies, made up a fake read on D2 to ensure a single civ lynch, revealing themselves in the process? I just don't see how any baddie team in the history of the game would look at that and say "Oh yeah, great play. Let's do that."
dunya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:44 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:05 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:02 pm Like how fucking hard is it to say “I’m VT” jfc

I have zero remorse
You tried to bully him into claiming and now you're victim blaming him lol. I'm glad your gambit didn't work tbh.
yeah fuck this. i don't like this type of game play at all. gross.
This is a totally reasonable point, relating to Objective #1.
dunya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:00 pm Day 2 has ended.

Another day ends and my what a pleasure
Off goes that hippo with his oh so precious treasure
Now Banjo and birdie are as clueless as ever
Who can deny that Grunty's the most clever?

sig was lynched. He was:

You are Captain Blubber.

You have no special abilities.

You gain one Jiggy if you survive Day 1 and another one after each ensuing odd-numbered day phase.

You are aligned with the civilians and win the game when all mafia members are eliminated.

Night 2 is underway. You have 24 hours to get your actions to me. I'll update post count ceilings shortly. And I hope correctly.
so nanook had shit all on sig and just bullied him out of the thread while fake claiming to have a red peak on him? and no one's discussing that?
This to me reads like someone who is upset about how sig was treated in terms of Objective #1 extending that read to assume it has meaning for Objective #2. Saying NANOOK "had shit all on sig" and was "fake claiming" is a little misleading, at best. NANOOK was pretty up front about the read not being bulletproof.

If you're upset about the way sig was treated this game, that's a fair point to make. There are also fair points to make that sig treated MP badly, and beyond that, arguments to make that MP broke the rules by talking about another ongoing game in this game. Everything about that is a shitty situation, and we collectively, as a thread need to do better. I would argue that's more important than actually trying to win the game. But presumably juliets and JJJ are handling it, and there isn't much we can do about what's already been said, at least until the game is over.

However, you seem to have decided NANOOK made it all up - I think that's virtually impossible. Could you explain to me what the angle is where you see it make sense for a baddie NANOOK to do that? If not, again, from ONLY the perspective of Objective #2, this looks to me like going after an easy target.
dunya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Russtifinko wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm Linki: TH, argue with DDL all you want about how to play the game. You guys are fighting and I get that. But is it really unreasonable for me (or anyone for that matter) to ask you to make some contribution, whatever it may be, no matter how small, to trying to find baddies? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not what you signed up for?
wow this is very discouraging. TH is one of my strongest town reads. everyone from day 1 has been shitting on how they are playing by claiming they aren't doing enough. stop putting them down with the sarcasm and condesending tone. this is how some people play, they don't have to play the way you expect them to, they don't have to post newspaper texts and huge cases for you all, and if you can't make out the tons of contributions and reads they've been pulling out since day 1, then that's on you, cos i see them loud and clear.
In general, I don't agree with dunya's self-appointed role as the thread's Nice Police, and i think dunya has been at least as rude/dismissive/condescending to some of the people she is calling out as they have been to others. However....she is 100% right to hit me for this post from an Objective #1 perspective. TH, I owe you an apology. I intended my post to pressure you purely from an Objective #2 perspective into broadening what you were looking at, seeing whether I could assess how open-minded you were willing to me. I completely overstepped, and phrased it as if I thought you weren't playing the game right. I messed up. I want you to know that one of the reasons I'm so excited for this game was to play with amazing people again, and you are absolutely one of those. I am sorry I made you feel not valued and brought down your enjoyment of the game.

That said, if you're willing, I'd like to have a dialogue about NANOOK and DDL. Yes, I believe that from an Objective 1 perspective, NANOOK was kind of a jerk in the way he treated sig. I get that you're both upset about that, and TH, I additionally get why you'd be upset with me as well. From an Objective 2 perspective, though, I've explained why I think a baddie NANOOK and DDL teaming up to force a civ mislynch based on a fake claim on D2 seems improbable. Do either of you see a possibility that NANOOK actually had a red read but it wasn't correct? Do you think it's possible DDL's explanation of NANOOK's power was right? And if so, who do you think could be a baddie in that case?

If you don't want to talk about it, I will not come back at you and say you're playing the game wrong or anything like that. But, from a purely objective 2 perspective, if you're not willing to engage me on this, it would make me think you're bad, because we seem to have arrived at opposite conclusions on what NANOOK's infodump could mean, and because I think NANOOK is the easiest D3 mislynch and gives baddies an easy out if they go after him. Similar to how NANOOK blamed sig for his reaction yesterday, I think it's easy for a baddie to push for NANOOK to die tomorrow, then say "welp, if he didn't wanna die he shouldn't have fake claimed" and get out of responsibility for it.

I do agree that NANOOK was after sig on D0 and faked a red claim on him to get him lynched based on that D0 hunch, since people are saying NANOOK has done that before. However, if that is the case, it still means not lynching NANOOK is the right play.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 206

Post by dunya »

[mention]Russtifinko[/mention] please take all those instances where i was just as rude or condescending as you to the mod, [mention]juliets[/mention], as i have. i would love for her feedback on those instances.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Russtifinko wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 pm This to me reads like someone who is upset about how sig was treated in terms of Objective #1 extending that read to assume it has meaning for Objective #2. Saying NANOOK "had shit all on sig" and was "fake claiming" is a little misleading, at best. NANOOK was pretty up front about the read not being bulletproof.
no, i am not upset about sig specifically. i am upset about how someone can put a target on someone on day 0, try to get them to lynch them day 1 and fail, so they practically bully them out of the thread on day 2 and get them lynched then self-claim they are openly disrespecting that player. yes, yes i have many problems with that method regardless of if your objective is to have fun or win the damn game. if nanook is bad, he's good to lynch. if he's town, then everything he did was not a team-effort or actually inspired by scum hunting reasons but a personal vendetta which is anti-town and i have issues with that. i have issues that i can't see a town motive behind it. what did nanook do with sig's flip? sig was a vanilla townie, so what exactly DID nanook see on night 1 against sig? we know he's not a cop. and we know that sig had zero night actions. we know that nanook has done nothing with sig's flip now except defend his opinion that sig HAD to role claim or die. all of this is a bad look and nothing of it leads me to feel nanook is town inspired and actually hunting for scum.
Russtifinko wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 pm If you're upset about the way sig was treated this game, that's a fair point to make. There are also fair points to make that sig treated MP badly,
first of all, i spoke on and on how sig went way beyond what was acceptable in a mafia game. i'm not a hypocrite. second of all, two wrongs don't make a right. three certainly don't either.
Russtifinko wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 pm However, you seem to have decided NANOOK made it all up - I think that's virtually impossible.
exactly. it wouldn't be the first time, and i'm sure it won't be the last.

Fwiw I didn’t wholesale fake a red. I wouldn’t fake a red just to kill someone I had a tone read on, that would be pretty shitty of me. I had actual mechanical information that suggested Sig was scum, his completely abandoning the thread supported that being true, simple as that. I was pretty upfront about that mechanical info being suggestive, not locked in. Anyone trying to say otherwise is mistaken or scummy.

It also would definitely be the first time I’ve faked a red based on absolutely nothing. When I did it as a doc it had a base behind it. Tbh it’s fairly insulting if you think I’d railroad someone so completely as to fake a red based on nothing but “I don’t want to play with them” or a personal vendetta or whatever.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]
[mention]dunya[/mention]
[mention]G-Man[/mention]
[mention]M Plus 7[/mention]
[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]
[mention]nutella[/mention]
[mention]Russtifinko[/mention]
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
[mention]speedchuck[/mention]
[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]
[mention]Turnip Head[/mention]

Alrighty, gang. We've had more than enough public airing of grievances in this game thread. I understand that frustrations have flared, in some cases offense has been taken, and that there have been moments of tensity. It's to be expected sometimes in the Mafia gameplay environment. Nonetheless, I don't want to see it anymore in this thread. No more dialogue about people being bullies, and no being bullies either. No more talk about jerks, assholes, or any such personal things going beyond the realm of "civilian" or "mafia". juliets is always here to hear you out and she will dedicate herself to that as much as she can; I am sure nobody here will ever doubt that. The host is weary of seeing it. This game is limited by post count, and I think we can find ways to play competitive Mafia and be friendly in 25-40 posts per phase. Thanks for your efforts, and if you have concerns you know where to go. You may also PM me if you like; I am happy to discuss anything privately.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:49 am My first thought on the rules is that rhyming is a massive waste of time for civs.

You can say what you beed in a post and then stick a rhyme at the end.

And also jiggies last forever
Like diamonds, so they say.
So if you can be clever
You grow your lost cap each day.
But you can’t earn them at night, so :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:35 pm Fwiw I didn’t wholesale fake a red. I wouldn’t fake a red just to kill someone I had a tone read on, that would be pretty shitty of me. I had actual mechanical information that suggested Sig was scum, his completely abandoning the thread supported that being true, simple as that. I was pretty upfront about that mechanical info being suggestive, not locked in. Anyone trying to say otherwise is mistaken or scummy.
if sig had claimed vanilla, would you have cleared him-- "game mechanic" wise?

also, i'm sorry. the words you used in your last post really made it seem that way...so i'm glad that isn't the case. :)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ii like every person who is in this game currently or has been in it previously. Great bunch of people, I would gladly banjo any of your kazooies.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i iso'd nutella and i still think she's bad, but i do think her inflated defence of g-man makes it a better look for g. but i still hate gmans posts, so i'm torn.

i need to read tony and speedchuck next.

linki; love u sloonster :cloud9:

dunya wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:35 pm Fwiw I didn’t wholesale fake a red. I wouldn’t fake a red just to kill someone I had a tone read on, that would be pretty shitty of me. I had actual mechanical information that suggested Sig was scum, his completely abandoning the thread supported that being true, simple as that. I was pretty upfront about that mechanical info being suggestive, not locked in. Anyone trying to say otherwise is mistaken or scummy.
if sig had claimed vanilla, would you have cleared him-- "game mechanic" wise?

also, i'm sorry. the words you used in your last post really made it seem that way...so i'm glad that isn't the case. :)
I wouldn’t have hard cleared him but it would’ve answered a lot of my questions one way or the other, yeah. Or, you know, if he’d bothered playing the game in general.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

dunya wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:32 pm if nanook is bad, he's good to lynch. if he's town, then everything he did was not a team-effort or actually inspired by scum hunting reasons but a personal vendetta which is anti-town and i have issues with that.
Can you see how this sounds a little bit like "sig is either bad and won't claim because he was caught, or not bad and not trying hard enough for me, therefore I am ok with lynching him either way"? You're making the argument you're going after NANOOK for.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Russtifinko wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:06 pm
dunya wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:32 pm if nanook is bad, he's good to lynch. if he's town, then everything he did was not a team-effort or actually inspired by scum hunting reasons but a personal vendetta which is anti-town and i have issues with that.
Can you see how this sounds a little bit like "sig is either bad and won't claim because he was caught, or not bad and not trying hard enough for me, therefore I am ok with lynching him either way"? You're making the argument you're going after NANOOK for.
i meant to say i don't think he's town. i was saying, if i'm looking at him as scum: he has to go. if i'm trying to look at him as town: but his behavior is antitown and i need to see town motive or i have issues.

i feel a bit better now after nanook cleared up the last post he made tbf. i'm more concerned with nutella atm and trying to figure out tony and speed.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

dunya wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:14 pm
Russtifinko wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:06 pm
i meant to say i don't think he's town. i was saying, if i'm looking at him as scum: he has to go. if i'm trying to look at him as town: but his behavior is antitown and i need to see town motive or i have issues.

i feel a bit better now after nanook cleared up the last post he made tbf. i'm more concerned with nutella atm and trying to figure out tony and speed.
Fair. I have ISOs of nutella and Sloonei on my list. I'll do nutella after work since she's posted less. Hopefully Sloonei this evening too, but it may be tomorrow.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I don’t see how or why tbh since all I did was repeat the same things I’ve been saying

I do think nutella might be bad though
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia

nutella wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:05 am Hey fuckers it's Power Rankings Time

The Power & The Passion - Top 5!

1. Russtifinko - Putting forth some thinking activities in an environment that is probably not super chillax for scum. Liking ya boy.

2. TonyStarkPrime - Really good looks for the boy. Powers to the top of the rankings on the back of some really willing and hectic town pings and good effort.

3. Sig - I like the fire and the penache stirring from within.

4. Sloonei - A bit of an awkward start but I give him points for considering threadstate so early on. I'll give him a mini pass because a post cap game does make sense to be something bothersome to him. Don't like his FPS town reads though. I see no reason to town read Epi or MP, let alone both of them. Would love an explanation.

5. Nutella - I have a sense that she is towntella but she doesn't really deserve the read. I don't like that she went for the sig town read. I enjoyed the pressure we were putting on him. But she's obsessed with disrupting earnest scum hunting in the early game for some reason as a matter of course so it's on town meta for her to do this.

Everyone Else

6. Turnip Head - I have this sort of inverse read on TH right now where I think he's kind of taking the piss a bit too much to be scum.

7. Epignosis - Really enjoyed him slapping M Plus 7 across the face with a wet fish but he doesn't care one iota about the roof. He's burning through posts, taking the piss mostly.

8. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - He hasn't posted out of rhyme yet at all and his reads in rhyme have been pretty borderline.

9. M Plus 7 - Pretty bad so far. The only town ping I've had was him saying fuck. But MP is the sort of wolf player who fakes getting upset when he's accused (or perhaps doesn't need to fake it).

10. dunya - What is you doing fam? I don't like the fact that you've left zero impression on me.

T11. G-Man + Speedchuck - They have made one off topic post each in a game that I would expect the scum to have action paralysis in.
This is good this is good this is good shit
This is my fourth post and I love it
To respond to Sloonei no I don't care
MP feels different here, I swear
Weird post from someone who ended the day voting Mac.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nm I thought that was a Dunya post. See? This is why the rhymes suck.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy shit, you all, don’t have the party too hard without me. I feel like I stumbled in after everyone is super fucking hungover the following morning.

I know it’s WIFOM, but why would scum Nanook fake a red peek on sig of all players? If he wanted to push an ML of sig it would have been pretty easy based on his in-thread posts lol. You can’t just compare Nanook and say well he’s done it before. I was in that baseball game. IMO this one felt different, he had conviction at a couple points that I didn’t feel as strongly there. Not saying he’s always town here, but I find this line of suspicion questionable.

I think there’s relatively good cases to be made for nearly everyone being town at this point, so I understand the frustration there.

Also I enjoy almost nothing more than playing these games with all of you, so that’s why it’s always worth any aggravation or whatever. Let’s try to keep that in mind.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don’t think anyone is intending to either, but I think the suspicions based on how people play the game have been much higher than usual here. I think it would help for us to try to be more cognizant or understanding why other people would play the way they are here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This thread needs some cheerleading. We are down two lynches but we can easily fucking win this still. Look at how much everyone cares about this game, as evidenced by recent discussions.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 pm I don't feel like sig is a pivotal lynch
Nor do I feel he will be"incredibly difficult to assess and/or work with"
The day is young and we don't need to clench
The poll or our buttholes to answer this myth
This reads town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Have a rainbow:

Russtifinko
Dragon D Luffy
dunya
M Plus 7

Turnip Head
TonyJackPrime

Nanook
speedchuck

G-man
nutella

Ranked the players in order as I went, and I was surprised to find myself putting so many people ahead of nanook. On the surface I liked his play today, but I've seen too many quirky games from him as both alignments to trust that completely. speedchuck is a shrug read. G-man and nutella are my clear suspects. I could still argue that one of MP or dunya is bad, but I'd just be making arguments laced with serious WIFOM, and that's not something I like to do. I've come around to feeling as though TH's energy in this game is that of a civilian who feels neglected. It is difficult to get past that in my read.

I do not think that I have everything correct in this rainbow. I am reasonably confident that at least one of the bottom two is bad, but they do not both need to be. I would not be surprised if a green read has me fooled to this point, but I could not pick one out as the culprit. dunya suggested that russ looked worse in isolation, which is not something I have looked into. I seem to be alone in my confident town read on DDL.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

I’m also TRing DDL fwiw

And Russ
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I appreciate reads lists right now. I won’t be able to do one until later, as my brain is in flux here. I will deliver at some point though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Somebody talk to me about there being 4 single off wagon votes yesterday.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] how good do you feel about Tony in comparison to speedchuck?

What makes you feel worse about speed?

Curious because they're in my radar.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

M Plus 7 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:51 pm Holy shit, you all, don’t have the party too hard without me. I feel like I stumbled in after everyone is super fucking hungover the following morning.
Hahaha I do feel hungover atm fwiw
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:01 pm Somebody talk to me about there being 4 single off wagon votes yesterday.
I only count 3. sig on MP and TH on nanook make sense based on the way each of those players acted Days 1 & 2. dunya on DDL is a bit more of a head scratcher.

Tony and G-man were on me for their own reasons. We won't know why Tony was there. G-man should be made to explain his vote better.
I was on G-man and I stand by that vote, but I'd go for nutella ahead of him now. In fact, I would prioritize a nutella lynch at the moment. I'm confident in that read. DDL was on G-man too, I think he voiced support of my case but several people also listed G-man as a suspect on their own. I dunno, he can explain that one himself.
dunya wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:18 pm Sloonei how good do you feel about Tony in comparison to speedchuck?

What makes you feel worse about speed?

Curious because they're in my radar.
Nothing about speedchuck gives me a significant read in either direction. I got one slight town read on Tony based on the way he talked about Epi during Night 1 before Epi woke up dead the next morning. It was a very slight point in his favor, but absolutely not something that would remove him from the pool of suspects. Nothing makes me feel worse about speedchuck, there's just a slight point in Tony's favor.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sorry, it was my mom's bday yesterday and I was away near eod ans didn't change my vote to Sig (I knew Sig was the conclusive lynch anyway).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

And thanks for the answer on Tony and speed. Helpful going forward.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Night 2 has ended.

Time to go four eyes
Such a pest of a mole
Watch how little Tooty cries
Try again in the next poll!

Wait, what's that I see?
It's an egg headed right for me!
Not again, this cannot be
Aaaaayyyyyyiiiiieeeeeee!

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME has been killed. He was:

You are Bottles.

During each night phase, you may select a player. You will be told whether or not that player has a vanilla role.

Each time you receive a “vanilla” result, you will gain one Jiggy.

You are aligned with the civilians and win the game when all mafia members are eliminated.

nutella has been killed. She was:

You are Gruntilda Winkybunion.

During each night phase, you may select a player. You will be told who targeted that player that night if anyone.

[REDACTED]

You may safely claim to be Tooty.

You are aligned with the mafia and win the game when your team permanently matches or overtakes the voting power of the civilians.

Day 3 is underway. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. I will update the post count ceilings shortly.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

1. Nanook’s flip is confusing in light of yesterday, and also an unconventional kill choice at face value.

Nutella’s flip is encouraging. Interactive ISOs will be the name of the game today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Post count ceilings for Day 3:

118 Dragon D. Luffy
90 dunya
50 G-Man
37 Jackofhearts2005 (71 total with Tony)
105 M Plus 7
49 Russtifinko
121 Sloonei
48 speedchuck
91 Turnip Head

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kind of a weird role for nanook to have. I wonder what kind of conclusion he was trying to get based on it.

He knew Sig was vanilla, alright. Did he think vanilla mafia was more likely to be bad?

You could argue it is because the host said he would make up for the setup being scumsided. But so far there have been a lot of vanilla town roles.

That said I'm expecting the mafia to be pretty weak. Maybe nutella was the only non-vanilla role in the mafia since she is the villain of the game. Then again this isn't a very powerful ability for it to be the only one, I guess.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

RIP NANOOK. But nice, we got one!!

I still think a nutella ISO is worthwhile for finding teammates - I'll be working on it throughout the evening. Good on Sloonei, dunya, and NANOOK for calling she was bad.
dunya wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:34 pm Sorry, it was my mom's bday yesterday and I was away near eod ans didn't change my vote to Sig (I knew Sig was the conclusive lynch anyway).
Sorry, are you saying you'd have voted sig here? Becuase you went pretty hard against his lynch train. Truly not trying to nitpick or antagonize here, just want to understand your thought process.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”