boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

yeah ok i don't like g-man. you're town-reading boo for being logical and talking about strategy and mechanics? yo what does that actually have to do with scum hunting and finding reads?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i gave a vote to dusk because i trust him more than hyena currently
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

funnygurl mafia
gman town
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:15 am I don't envision voting for someone to receive the gun so they will do what I tell them. I'm going to vote for someone whose judgement seems the most trustworthy in that moment.
Exactly this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Which is to say: I don't trust someone who pledges to shoot one specific person early in the day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 am yeah ok i don't like g-man. you're town-reading boo for being logical and talking about strategy and mechanics? yo what does that actually have to do with scum hunting and finding reads?
i agree with this
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:32 am funnygurl mafia
gman town
but i also agree with this :wowee:

and boo is absolutely scum no matter what
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

G just has questionable takes like that sometimes but tbf he could be teammates with boo esp if funnygurl isnt but idk
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

what did boo do to you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:36 am what did boo do to you?
he howled a whole bunch of times
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

sloonei why are you scum reading me?

nutella didn't you just say you were sheeping mac's read on me? why are you town reading gman?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:47 am sloonei why are you scum reading me?

nutella didn't you just say you were sheeping mac's read on me? why are you town reading gman?
You’re stating more reads and getting into more scrapes than last time. And I don’t agree with the couple of reads I’ve seen.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:51 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:47 am sloonei why are you scum reading me?

You’re stating more reads and getting into more scrapes than last time. And I don’t agree with the couple of reads I’ve seen.
how is the former scummy though?

anyway i was typing this so whatever i'll still drop:
i don't like focusing on myself so much but the fact that so many people are incorrectly reading me despite having a better handle of my play in past games is leading me to believe that there's a considerable proportion of wolves within the people who've already said stuff

i'm an easy person to off for ~reasons~, and i don't have someone around who knows me better to lay a legit read

like i'm positioned to be a d2/d3 shot rn and i see it and i don't like it. but if i really believe this then i gotta believe that we're gonna have a bad eod this phase

anyway i don't think wolves care too much about who gets the gun, but who is within shooting range. idk how to form associative reads from this; new shit
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I don't really see much AI from funnygurl tbh, as I recall from partially reading AC Mafia she just tends to draw heat a fair bit early?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i actually would like to know why nutella is scum reading boo. for the record i'm not-- i just think g-man's tr of him is bs
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 am I don't really see much AI from funnygurl tbh, as I recall from partially reading AC Mafia she just tends to draw heat a fair bit early?
THANK YOU.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Dragomir »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 am I don't really see much AI from funnygurl tbh, as I recall from partially reading AC Mafia she just tends to draw heat a fair bit early?
She got town read like the whole game.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I like G-man. I'ma put a good read on him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:54 am

i don't like focusing on myself so much but the fact that so many people are incorrectly reading me despite having a better handle of my play in past games is leading me to believe that there's a considerable proportion of wolves within the people who've already said stuff

i'm an easy person to off for ~reasons~, and i don't have someone around who knows me better to lay a legit read

like i'm positioned to be a d2/d3 shot rn and i see it and i don't like it. but if i really believe this then i gotta believe that we're gonna have a bad eod this phase

anyway i don't think wolves care too much about who gets the gun, but who is within shooting range. idk how to form associative reads from this; new shit
Because in Assassin’s Creed you were easy breezy loosey goosey and let the game comd to you at whatever pace it may. You were open about your lack of reads early on. This game it feels more like you’re making a deliberate effort to promote reads. It’s a contrast to what made you a firm town read in your previous incarnation.

I really don’t feel like this format produces any wrinkles in scum hunting. The new curiousity is that it forces us to trust somebody.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:25 am
The spoiled dead chat doesn’t count
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I scum read funnygurl specifically because she does not look how she did in Assassin’s Creed.

She was mostly a town read for me in that game. I wavered because of unfamiliarity a few times, but she was never a suspect for any prolonged stretch of time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I decided to do an iso on Nutella. I don't scum read her anymore.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:32 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:25 am
The spoiled dead chat doesn’t count
From what I remember, she got town read the whole game. At least for the time I was alive.

Maybe I’m remembering wrong, idk
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:01 am i actually would like to know why nutella is scum reading boo. for the record i'm not-- i just think g-man's tr of him is bs
just basically all of his posts have felt scummy to me. like sort of in an out-of-touch and mechanics-focused way. and before sloonei says that pointing out mechanics talk as suspicious is more suspicious than mechanics talk itself, for me it was more specifically the nature of what he was talking about. I'll find an example
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:34 am I scum read funnygurl specifically because she does not look how she did in Assassin’s Creed.

She was mostly a town read for me in that game. I wavered because of unfamiliarity a few times, but she was never a suspect for any prolonged stretch of time.
I hardly see a difference between current FG and AC mafia FG. Tho, I will say, the game hasn't progressed long enough for me to have a solid conclusion on if the meta matches or not.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:30 am Because in Assassin’s Creed you were easy breezy loosey goosey and let the game comd to you at whatever pace it may. You were open about your lack of reads early on. This game it feels more like you’re making a deliberate effort to promote reads. It’s a contrast to what made you a firm town read in your previous incarnation.
mikey's not here
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (PREGAME)

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 am I got my PM and do not care when phases start/end.

Self-killing makes zero sense @Johann.

We should give the gun to someone with a subset of players they're allowed to choose from to shoot.

If they go outside that, they got shot next.

I think it's better then deciding on a specific player because that keeps mafia from being able to control the conversation easily.

And at 13 players, 10/3 split... Assuming the gun always gets used (no ties, but in most cases that should be easy enough to avoid since we can hammer)... We can only afford like 4 gun uses on a civ? One or two more if we get 1 or 2 of the mafia mixed in with that? Right? It's too early for me to be mathing. But it's a general point.

Then once we have a baddie killed, players who had them in their subset but chose not to shoot them can be looked at more in depth. Plus that's a way to try and force the mafia into bussing if they do get the gun.
this is boo's first post and it's basically stating the obvious about how the game works. imo it's fluff
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 pm COMPROMISE is what makes this country GREAT, except when it’s MY IDEALS, in which case we must be UNCOMPROMISING in the face of ADVERSITY
something something towncore, something something if I get the gun I'll shoot you, something something casual mention of someone who hasn't even posted but I am saying is either 100% town or mafia. Actually, no. Strike that. They're the secret independent role that isn't stated in the roles. Probably? But I don't know, because reading host posts is apparently for nerds, so I haven't done that.
this is... what the actual fuck is this. this is a scum post 99% of the time it exists.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:40 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:01 am i actually would like to know why nutella is scum reading boo. for the record i'm not-- i just think g-man's tr of him is bs
just basically all of his posts have felt scummy to me. like sort of in an out-of-touch and mechanics-focused way. and before sloonei says that pointing out mechanics talk as suspicious is more suspicious than mechanics talk itself, for me it was more specifically the nature of what he was talking about. I'll find an example
Tsk tsk tsk, a pre-emptive defense right here. Nutella goes back to a scum read.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:42 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:30 am Because in Assassin’s Creed you were easy breezy loosey goosey and let the game comd to you at whatever pace it may. You were open about your lack of reads early on. This game it feels more like you’re making a deliberate effort to promote reads. It’s a contrast to what made you a firm town read in your previous incarnation.
mikey's not here
Why does that matter?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:43 am
mikey's not here
Why does that matter?
i miss him T_____T
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (PREGAME)

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:42 am
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 am I got my PM and do not care when phases start/end.

Self-killing makes zero sense @Johann.

We should give the gun to someone with a subset of players they're allowed to choose from to shoot.

If they go outside that, they got shot next.

I think it's better then deciding on a specific player because that keeps mafia from being able to control the conversation easily.

And at 13 players, 10/3 split... Assuming the gun always gets used (no ties, but in most cases that should be easy enough to avoid since we can hammer)... We can only afford like 4 gun uses on a civ? One or two more if we get 1 or 2 of the mafia mixed in with that? Right? It's too early for me to be mathing. But it's a general point.

Then once we have a baddie killed, players who had them in their subset but chose not to shoot them can be looked at more in depth. Plus that's a way to try and force the mafia into bussing if they do get the gun.
this is boo's first post and it's basically stating the obvious about how the game works. imo it's fluff
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 pm COMPROMISE is what makes this country GREAT, except when it’s MY IDEALS, in which case we must be UNCOMPROMISING in the face of ADVERSITY
something something towncore, something something if I get the gun I'll shoot you, something something casual mention of someone who hasn't even posted but I am saying is either 100% town or mafia. Actually, no. Strike that. They're the secret independent role that isn't stated in the roles. Probably? But I don't know, because reading host posts is apparently for nerds, so I haven't done that.
this is... what the actual fuck is this. this is a scum post 99% of the time it exists.
Wait, is this all you got against him?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:43 am
mikey's not here
Why does that matter?
i miss him T_____T
GTH on Nutella and Sloonei. Go.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:51 am I have gamesolve anyway.

boo - scum
Dragomir - town
DrWilgy - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Duskfall - town
Funnygurl555 - scum
G-Man - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Hyena - town
Jackofhearts2005 - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Johann - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - town
nutella - town
Sloonei - town

Shooting order:

FG > Boo > G-Man > Wilgy > Jack > Johann

Game winning POE already.
You're not great at math, huh? "doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough" = "if a single one of my scum reads is wrong [and spoiler alert: at least one is], following this would 100% lose the game. If both are right [nope], but my towncore is wrong, following this would 100% lose the game".

Or you're bad and think everyone else is terrible at figuring out odds?

:shrug:
nutella wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:49 am Anyway Mac is scum discuss.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine: shoot him, kthanks.
oh and then there was this! that post above was really bad but I think this one is when my scumread of boo really solidified. It's a gross misinterpretation of Mac's intentions, and maybe it's just boo being out of touch with Mac's style or general recent site meta, but it just felt like such a bad criticism that I think it was disingenuous and coming from a wolf trying to poke holes in mac's process. Like he's trying to make an argument that this doesn't make mathematical sense but that entirely misses the point. Maybe he's just an overly logical mathematical person but when he tries to impose that way of thinking on other people I find it suspicious.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:44 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:43 am
mikey's not here
Why does that matter?
i miss him T_____T
GTH on Nutella and Sloonei. Go.
Hey, I've explained my funny gal suspicion. You can explain why nutella is a suspect now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

mikey's not here
Why does that matter?
:shrug2: it's come up recently. But Sloonei is townreading me anyway
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

huh
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Actually as I was writing that last thing about boo I got a sinking feeling that he did a similar thing (imposing his rationality on others and disparaging other people's town/solving processes) in a recent game and was town. Maybe I can't defend my read very well based on that. I just have the bad gutsies about him. But also he is compatible with Hyena and flipped his read of me so there is more that substantiated my gut read.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Give Nutella A Gun 2020
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:55 am Give Nutella A Gun 2020
so do you think I'm onto something re:boo?
or is funnygurl your preference and if so convince me bc I'm not really feeling it anymore
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:57 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:55 am Give Nutella A Gun 2020
so do you think I'm onto something re:boo?
or is funnygurl your preference and if so convince me bc I'm not really feeling it anymore
No, I'm not seeing what you're seeing with boo. But I believe you when you say you are seeing it, and that's what I care about. The day is young, we'll all develop our reads as we go.

I'll go dig up some AC posts to highlight why I feel she is different in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:30 am

Because in Assassin’s Creed you were easy breezy loosey goosey and let the game comd to you at whatever pace it may. You were open about your lack of reads early on. This game it feels more like you’re making a deliberate effort to promote reads. It’s a contrast to what made you a firm town read in your previous incarnation.

I really don’t feel like this format produces any wrinkles in scum hunting. The new curiousity is that it forces us to trust somebody.
I will reread fg with this in mind... tomorrow :offtobed:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:46 am
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:51 am I have gamesolve anyway.

boo - scum
Dragomir - town
DrWilgy - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Duskfall - town
Funnygurl555 - scum
G-Man - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Hyena - town
Jackofhearts2005 - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
Johann - doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - town
nutella - town
Sloonei - town

Shooting order:

FG > Boo > G-Man > Wilgy > Jack > Johann

Game winning POE already.
You're not great at math, huh? "doesn't matter cuz my towncore is big enough" = "if a single one of my scum reads is wrong [and spoiler alert: at least one is], following this would 100% lose the game. If both are right [nope], but my towncore is wrong, following this would 100% lose the game".

Or you're bad and think everyone else is terrible at figuring out odds?

:shrug:
nutella wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:49 am Anyway Mac is scum discuss.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine: shoot him, kthanks.
oh and then there was this! that post above was really bad but I think this one is when my scumread of boo really solidified. It's a gross misinterpretation of Mac's intentions, and maybe it's just boo being out of touch with Mac's style or general recent site meta, but it just felt like such a bad criticism that I think it was disingenuous and coming from a wolf trying to poke holes in mac's process. Like he's trying to make an argument that this doesn't make mathematical sense but that entirely misses the point. Maybe he's just an overly logical mathematical person but when he tries to impose that way of thinking on other people I find it suspicious.
I'm not really sure what you're saying here. I'm confused.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:37 am I decided to do an iso on Nutella. I don't scum read her anymore.
[mention]Sloonei[/mention] read. I will say tho, the scum read is coming back after reading her recent posts but I want to dive into it more.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl in AC (holy creed, we can multiquote across multiple threads!):
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:57 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 pm Vote leetic
leetic is my town bro because we're in a band together

it's called LEETIC AND THE BAND

/never forget

haha jk we're not town bros 'cause i'm a wolf
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:14 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:08 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:32 am That said, I love where it is right now. Funnygurl555 tell me about your impression of things so far. You've said you don't see my posts as "incriminating." How do you see them, and how do you see the people who have pursued them?
right now your posts are nai for me. i've played one game (half of one???) with you before, so i can't rely on (based) meta reads. and tbh rn i think all this exchange is d0™ posting. i'm looking moreso towards leetic for casting suspicion towards you then letting you and mikey tango. how do i tell this forum that i don't want to tag myself a million times?
Deleting the "@" before your name in the mention tag gets rid of that annoying thing.

I liked leetic's initial vote, honestly. It didn't register as too serious, and I took it as nothing more than an effort to infuse some life into the thread. He succeeded at that, albeit indirectly. I don't fault him for not responding to ensuing kerfuffle. I think he's just not here right now.
o m g THANK YOU

see that's why i don't like leetic's vote though-- it's very obviously an attempt at doing something. but eh ain't gonna push it leetic's still my town bro
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:39 am mechanics are too big-brained for me i'll be here hunting wolves and hoping for the best
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:51 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:42 am fine it's not what you want your d1 discussion to be
What would you like us to be talking about today?
well i mean i WANNA meme 'til an hour before eod but since that's UNPRODUCTIVE i wanna see a boxing match that doesn't... include mikey lol
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:46 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:51 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am Sloonei is town. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him talking mechanically. It's not pro anything and doesn't deter the game at all. An argument could be made that it is beneficial towards the game and lets you understand what could be going on. That newfound understanding can better your reads.

Why was Sloonei being voted for mechanical talk? Ts why are you gungho about it? I can't help but agree with Sloonei that suspecting someone over mechanical is suspicious in of itself. It's lazy and never actually feels like a genuine read. Furthermore, scum use this too much to get by with their fake suspicions. Thus why it feels lazy and not genuine.
Why defend Sloonei over mechanical chatter?

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:51 pm You asked a question about the game mechanics. Ppl were trying to say that you were bad for doing that. I gave my two cents on why mechanical talk isn't a bad thing. Call it defending, I don't really care. What is wrong with what I did and how does it point to me trying to earn town creds? Town creds for what? Defending you?

Also, what didn't you do?
Why imply that your behavior could be called something other than defense?

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:58 pm But I never believed nor stated that you were talking about mechanics for the sake of talking about mechanics. I don't see how that was implied either.

Huh? I never said that I didn't defend you. What are you taking about Sloo?
Observe:
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:16 am Sloonei is town. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him talking mechanically. It's not pro anything and doesn't deter the game at all. An argument could be made that it is beneficial towards the game and lets you understand what could be going on. That newfound understanding can better your reads.

Why was Sloonei being voted for mechanical talk? Ts why are you gungho about it? I can't help but agree with Sloonei that suspecting someone over mechanical is suspicious in of itself. It's lazy and never actually feels like a genuine read. Furthermore, scum use this too much to get by with their fake suspicions. Thus why it feels lazy and not genuine.
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:51 pm You asked a question about the game mechanics. Ppl were trying to say that you were bad for doing that. I gave my two cents on why mechanical talk isn't a bad thing. Call it defending, I don't really care. What is wrong with what I did and how does it point to me trying to earn town creds? Town creds for what? Defending you?

Also, what didn't you do?

----------------------------------------------------------
It's fine to tell me that I'm misreading things. But it doesn't mean anything if you can't tell me why that's the case. So far I've just been trying to get you to follow up on things that you have already said, but your response has been "I didn't say that."
Because people were saying that what you did was a bad thing and I disagreed. So I voiced my disagreement.

I wasn't trying to imply that. What I meant is that I don't care if you consider what I did to be a defense. I've played a lot of games where someone always suspected me cause I would defend players and I disagree with mentality that defense = buddying = scum. So if you're going to call what I did as a defense to say that in scum for it then do that. I don't care and it won't stop me from defending players in the future.

Do you understand now?
i like this too. no read on dragomir yet though
These are just a few posts from very early on in that game. The tone was consistent throughout.
I suppose it's not so much that she avoided reads, but she definitely gave off a very carefree attitude. She didn't seem to be bothered by the few pushes on her and wasn't gonna let people bully her into playing the game any way other than the way she wanted. The fourth post down comes to mind in particular.

She feels more serious in this game:
Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:01 am
Johann wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:18 am Something i wanna point out

Mafia can get the gun too and mafia can poison themselves
I see a play we can go with

Give gun each day
Someone dies each night, less numbers, more chance to kill mafia
2nd most suspected person to take the kill

The less people we have the bigger chances to find mafia
2nd most suspected person taking the kill is good bcs if they are mafia killing mafia they have to buss their teammate and mafia won't poison one of their own to prevent the kill. If 2nd most sus is town killing mafia then mafia has to poison them to save their buddy, not only do we force mafia to poison who we want and not who they want we also can use it determine if kill target is scum or not. If mafia doesn't decide to save their buddy we get a kill. And if 2nd most sus is town killing town thats a risk we have to take. It aint a perfect plan but i like it
johann i'ma have to respectfully disagree with this strategy. i guess wagonomics is way different on this site than what i'm used to, but just agreeing to kill off suspects without using flips to develop our reads isn't the best way to go about things imo. nor is it the best for the person getting a gun to straigh-up follow town consensus-- that never goes well from what i've seen. let people do their thing; try hard to pick the right person to get the gun

also, self-killing: actually never.
Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:39 am but why would scum want to kill themselves? think about it-- if they shoot themselves, they're dead. if they don't, we lynch them the next day, but they can take someone else down with them before that happens

like i just don't think this plays out the way you think it will

and just saying, if i get the gun, i'm not shooting myself
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 am yeah ok i don't like g-man. you're town-reading boo for being logical and talking about strategy and mechanics? yo what does that actually have to do with scum hunting and finding reads?
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:23 am i gave a vote to dusk because i trust him more than hyena currently
These are somewhat cherrypicked posts, but the tone in all of them doesn't quite resonate as the same style of player that I saw in AC. That could be nothing. Moods vary, not all games are the same, etc. But her response when I poked at this didn't inspire confidence:

She doesn't deny or it tell me I'm wrong or anything of the sort. She just asks me to explain it some more and then transitions into some reflection on her position in the game. Maybe I should have gone back to see how she handled suspicion in the previous game, but I don't think it was like this. This has the look of a player who feels like they're being caught.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:03 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:37 am I decided to do an iso on Nutella. I don't scum read her anymore.
@Sloonei read. I will say tho, the scum read is coming back after reading her recent posts but I want to dive into it more.
Why did the read exist? What is currently bothering you about her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ok sloonei, you look good

there ain't enough for me to read nutella dragomir. tbh idk how to read her
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

town pool: johann, mac, sloonei

sus: hyena, g-man
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i acknowledge your suspicion of boo nutella but it isn't something i can buy without experience playing with him i guess
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

idk how many times i gotta say this sloonei but without mikey around i really gotta worry about dying ya no
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:22 am town pool: johann, mac, sloonei

sus: hyena, g-man
talk to me about hyena while i go to sleep.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”