boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:42 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:30 am Because in Assassin’s Creed you were easy breezy loosey goosey and let the game comd to you at whatever pace it may. You were open about your lack of reads early on. This game it feels more like you’re making a deliberate effort to promote reads. It’s a contrast to what made you a firm town read in your previous incarnation.
mikey's not here
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:31 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:29 am i slept and woke up and slept and woke up again. i trust that mac'll do the right thing. down to give it to dusk next

nutella, g-man, hyena, maybe wilgy are my poe anyways

there could be a deeper wolf in jack or sloonei but that's not a d1/n1 thing
this list looks stupid glad i don't gotta gun LOL
I'm not a fan of these two bits from FG's iso.

I think this
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:12 pm damn there wasn't much to sift through.

my only objection to a jack shot is if he's town, then what? it's an inconsequential kill if he is
is a weird post.

Like...who would have been more consequential? Maybe it's just me but I feel like there's this fuzzy wall between the players and the game because of the kingmaker mechanic. So nobody feels all that connected like they sometimes do in a regular mafia games. Like nobody has felt that strong of a need to defend themselves because nobody was ever close to being lynched. There's no point in the game where you can see Player X defending Player Y or trying to start a counterwagon on Player Z to keep Player Y from being lynched because there are no wagons.

Idk if it's bad but it's a weird thing to say.

Overall, would be okay with a shot here, too. Probably where I'd shoot if it were me with the gun.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D2)

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm In reading Boo's iso, I'm seeing more aggression than hunting. Is that normal? @Sloonei @MacDougall

Like the previous post is a perfect example. He's not calling me scum. He's shoving me. Most of his iso is that. The rest is him flip flopping on Nutella and Duskfall reads.

I'd be okay with shooting this considering we're going to see less damning stuff in this setup than normal.
I didn't flip flop on nutella, I called her mafia all day. I also didn't really flip flop on Dusk. I didn't trust him, but I never would've gone for shooting him.

And while addressing my calling you out on not actually doing a proper read of Dusk, you didn't actually explain how you got that bad of information from reading his ISO.

So, here you are then: you're mafia Jack. Along with Johann. I wish there was a third J to include. JJJ, come sub in so we can shoot you.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm In reading Boo's iso, I'm seeing more aggression than hunting. Is that normal? @Sloonei @MacDougall

Like the previous post is a perfect example. He's not calling me scum. He's shoving me. Most of his iso is that. The rest is him flip flopping on Nutella and Duskfall reads.

I'd be okay with shooting this considering we're going to see less damning stuff in this setup than normal.
I didn't flip flop on nutella, I called her mafia all day. I also didn't really flip flop on Dusk. I didn't trust him, but I never would've gone for shooting him.

And while addressing my calling you out on not actually doing a proper read of Dusk, you didn't actually explain how you got that bad of information from reading his ISO.

So, here you are then: you're mafia Jack. Along with Johann. I wish there was a third J to include. JJJ, come sub in so we can shoot you.
Along with Nutella? Who you voted for to shoot Mac after calling her scum and then later called her scum again?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Along with Nutella? Who you voted for to shoot Mac after calling her scum and then later called her scum again?
Sorry, so are you accusing me of flip flopping on her, or going after her too hard? Seriously man, get that straight before trying to shittalk.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Johann
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 183

Post by Johann »

What i find interesting is that i am scum to hyena and boo but neither made a case why
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 pm What i find interesting is that i am scum to hyena and boo but neither made a case why
I'm not interested in advocating your getting shot yet. Jack would need to go first. The result of that would tie in to you.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm

Sorry, so are you accusing me of flip flopping on her, or going after her too hard? Seriously man, get that straight before trying to shittalk.
I'm accusing you of scumreading her, townreading her and then scumreading her again. And in the end, your certainty that I am scum is worth about as much as your certainty that Nutella was scum.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 pm What i find interesting is that i am scum to hyena and boo but neither made a case why
I'm not interested in advocating your getting shot yet. Jack would need to go first. The result of that would tie in to you.
Tell me what a town or scum flip on me does for you on Johann.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 pm

I'm accusing you of scumreading her, townreading her and then scumreading her again. And in the end, your certainty that I am scum is worth about as much as your certainty that Nutella was scum.
So I guess your inability to read one ISO, applies to all ISOs then. Because again, I didn't townread her.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 pm

So I guess your inability to read one ISO, applies to all ISOs then. Because again, I didn't townread her.
Then why did you vote to give her the gun?
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Duskfall »

Boo what is your dragomir read btw I can't remember?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:20 pm

You're referring to something that happened at the beginning of the day, before I thought she was mafia. The order of events matters, even if you are reading things backwards.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:22 pm

You're referring to something that happened at the beginning of the day, before I thought she was mafia. The order of events matters, even if you are reading things backwards.
Where's all this hostility coming from? It doesn't read like someone trying to figure me out. It reads like someone trying to make me look bad. :eye:
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:22 pm Boo what is your dragomir read btw I can't remember?
I dunno if I've mentioned him, so that might be why.

He isn't someone who ever sticks out to me long enough to consider. I know I've played a game where he got lynched D1 or 2 as mafia, and even then I had no idea why it went down with so much support. That hasn't really been different here. I've seen him tossed about, and I've opened his ISO, but it's just a blank wall for me. There's just more interesting people to look at.

Today I'll be tunneling Jack. Being wrong about nutella made me lose a lot of interest in this game, but now that I have that it's what I want to deal with.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:26 pm
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:22 pm

Where's all this hostility coming from? It doesn't read like someone trying to figure me out. It reads like someone trying to make me look bad. :eye:
You do look bad. I already see it, I don't need to figure it out. Now it's up to other people if they see it. Pointing it out via hostility is the path of least resistance, because of the degree to which you were wrong.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Johann
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 183

Post by Johann »

Why not shoot me first tho?
If jack flip should give you info about me shouldnt my death also provide info for jack?

I just dont buy it. It sounds bad and it is bad.

You called me scum but never bothered to explain why
You called my theory about dusk dumb but never bothered to explain why

To me you are just smoke but no fire. Your accusations have no substance and thus you yourself have no substance. And i am perfectly okay if you get shot
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'm having trouble seeing Boo's push on me as honest.

The volume of "Jack is mafia" "Jack needs to go" "You should have shot Jack" etc in his iso is fairly high and the reasoning for this opinion is incredibly low.

If I was being charitable, Boo scumreads me today because he thinks I'm intentionally misinterpreting his and Dusk's isos to make him look bad (while advocating for someone else's lynch over his, mind you) and also...to not call attention to Dusk's scumreads or something and he thought I was scum yesterday because....reasons that definitely exist but he forgot to say.

It's a lot easier for me to believe that scum Boo thinks he should push on the player that almost got shot yesterday that a few players have expressed scumreads on because that's an easy "mislynch." But see, there's this thing about me. :mafia: I don't get lynched. I tend to attract wolf pushes and then get those wolves lynched instead when they show their dishonest wolfy fangs.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:39 pm
Why not shoot me first tho?
If jack flip should give you info about me shouldnt my death also provide info for jack?

I just dont buy it. It sounds bad and it is bad.

You called me scum but never bothered to explain why
You called my theory about dusk dumb but never bothered to explain why

To me you are just smoke but no fire. Your accusations have no substance and thus you yourself have no substance. And i am perfectly okay if you get shot

No, he connects to you in certain demonstrable ways he has shown. It doesn't flip in the other direction.

I didn't call it dumb, I called it wrong.

To me, it doesn't matter what I am to you. You aren't going to get the gun today, so I don't need to preventing you from wanting to shoot me, and I don't want you shot yet, so it doesn't serve the order of my suspicions to go after you with every reason I have for it.

You're stuck in the mindset of there being lynches. View it all outside of that, and then let that make you play differently, and maybe it will make some sense to you.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

I doubt scum jack poisons me btw considering i was strongly townreading him a lot of yesterday and changed the shot off him last night, regardless of how widely townread I am. That is unless a different partner needed me dead, but worth thinking about. I would say I am likely dying for being consensus town so my scumreads while a good reference point aren't going to be everything, but mafia I am townreading would still have no reason to want me dead. So if anything probably take away my townread from my death rather than my scumreads
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Also mafia knew I was probably getting the gun today if alive so, yeah I think they know there was at least a decent chance of me shooting at them and that is why i am poisoned tonight and not tomorrow for instance, just to reiterate don't just go after my townreads right after my death if I had one thing to make town not do it is that

If I was getting pocketed by mafia they leave me alive confident they can have a strong influence on my shot
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm I doubt scum jack poisons me btw considering i was strongly townreading him a lot of yesterday and changed the shot off him last night, regardless of how widely townread I am. That is unless a different partner needed me dead, but worth thinking about. I would say I am likely dying for being consensus town so my scumreads while a good reference point aren't going to be everything, but mafia I am townreading would still have no reason to want me dead. So if anything probably take away my townread from my death rather than my scumreads
All townreads of someone poisoned are inherently irrelevant.

Once poisoned, you cannot get the gun. Who you trust is not going to weigh into who will then be shot the night after you die.

SR reads can be more relevant, if the mafia think they'll hold enough water to result in someone you suspect getting shot.

So, as with most mafia kills, it all boils down to WIFOM of "would they kill someone to (soon) shut them up, so people ignore their SR" vs "their SR are relevant and we should listen to them... ah shit, they weren't actually relevant and we got town" vs "their SR are relevant and we should listen to them... but maybe they expected that, so let's not listen!" vs etc, etc.

The only useful takeaway from your being poisoned is that the mafia we have here went for the unimaginative option. You were the runnerup for the gun, and in general unlikely to ever be shot, and poisoning you means you cannot get the gun today. Those are all directly useful things we don't have to wonder about them thinking, they're why you're the unimaginative option. But the mafia can't control if and how your reads come into play by deciding to kill you. It's even WIFOM for them until it goes through, because they don't know how the town will react to it.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm I doubt scum jack poisons me btw considering i was strongly townreading him a lot of yesterday and changed the shot off him last night, regardless of how widely townread I am. That is unless a different partner needed me dead, but worth thinking about. I would say I am likely dying for being consensus town so my scumreads while a good reference point aren't going to be everything, but mafia I am townreading would still have no reason to want me dead. So if anything probably take away my townread from my death rather than my scumreads
i was gonna come in like "oh jack is being sus" but ok i'll respect this read
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

boo is town
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:03 pm boo is town
Yes, although I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to confidently state that if you are...
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Once poisoned, you cannot get the gun. Who you trust is not going to weigh into who will then be shot the night after you die.

SR reads can be more relevant, if the mafia think they'll hold enough water to result in someone you suspect getting shot.

So, as with most mafia kills, it all boils down to WIFOM of "would they kill someone to (soon) shut them up, so people ignore their SR" vs "their SR are relevant and we should listen to them... ah shit, they weren't actually relevant and we got town" vs "their SR are relevant and we should listen to them... but maybe they expected that, so let's not listen!" vs etc, etc.

The only useful takeaway from your being poisoned is that the mafia we have here went for the unimaginative option. You were the runnerup for the gun, and in general unlikely to ever be shot, and poisoning you means you cannot get the gun today. Those are all directly useful things we don't have to wonder about them thinking, they're why you're the unimaginative option. But the mafia can't control if and how your reads come into play by deciding to kill you. It's even WIFOM for them until it goes through, because they don't know how the town will react to it.
If they didn't poison me I would have gotten the gun and they would have been guarenteed safety

So my townreads are far more important because that suggests a group of players who despite having safety if I got the gun (pretty much guarenteed i would have), didn't end up giving me the gun. This is a super good look for any "oh x player could have gotten one more vote on their side the wouldn't kill" etc. This game it is not one more vote, it is the whole kill and that is something mafia always want someone townreading them to have. So in a sitatuion like this, if my reads are greatly off and I am nearly guarenteed the gun, mafia would let me live and give me the gun. Maybe there is one mafia in my whole town pool, and they are protecting someone I was shooting at. But even in this world you would still look at the poe I was looking at, not me 5 or 6 townreads that has a chance of one scum among them, it is just bad play and you are greatly reducing chances of hitting scum.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:05 pm
Yes, although I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to confidently state that if you are...
dw i got my ways 8 )
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Why? Walk me through it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]boo[/mention]

And while you're at it, why did you think Mac should have shot me yesterday? I didn't see you voice any suspicion of me until after Mac shot Nutella.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:08 pm
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:00 pm

If they didn't poison me I would have gotten the gun and they would have been guarenteed safety

So my townreads are far more important because that suggests a group of players who despite having safety if I got the gun (pretty much guarenteed i would have), didn't end up giving me the gun. This is a super good look for any "oh x player could have gotten one more vote on their side the wouldn't kill" etc. This game it is not one more vote, it is the whole kill and that is something mafia always want someone townreading them to have. So in a sitatuion like this, if my reads are greatly off and I am nearly guarenteed the gun, mafia would let me live and give me the gun. Maybe there is one mafia in my whole town pool, and they are protecting someone I was shooting at. But even in this world you would still look at the poe I was looking at, not me 5 or 6 townreads that has a chance of one scum among them, it is just bad play and you are greatly reducing chances of hitting scum.
Everything after you say after the bolded is predicated on it. I'm pretty sure the only person who believes it though is you. People were moving away from voting for you yesterday, not to you.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Yeah there is no reason for me to get into an argument here take my word as you like if you are town, if you are scum cool too. I'm out of this game soon and what I say probably won't matter much because town like ignoring dead players but thought I would leave them with my thoughts before I go.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:16 pm
@boo

And while you're at it, why did you think Mac should have shot me yesterday? I didn't see you voice any suspicion of me until after Mac shot Nutella.
I've already explained I'm not interested in connecting dots from you to Johann yet. I don't want Johann shot, I want you shot. The legwork there is already done, it means if you are shot and reveal as mafia, I'm saying people should look at Johann. If you're shot and reveal as town, what I have to say about Johann isn't relevant. In the meantime, saying anything else about it only serves to tell you and everyone else how exactly I'm linking the two you. The specifics are mine and in this setup there's no reason to share them, so I'm not playing them until I want to.

I think he was right to look into your direction and what he had to say about why you were a consideration holds up. Correct, I wasn't around for much of the night (only the beginning), so he had started mentioning you as a consideration but hadn't gotten into all of it. I was ambivalent about what I saw, if he wanted to shoot you that was his choice, and he knew my thoughts on how he should use it (nutella). I had nothing more to contribute. Had I come in before the night ended, I dunno. I was still happy with the nutella shot right up until I read the result. Now I know Mac and I, along with everyone else who thought it made sense to shoot nutella, were wrong. I don't blame nutella for getting shot, but I don't feel at all wrong for suspecting her and I don't think Mac was wrong to shoot her. Could Mac be bad and did it laughing, and everything else is nonsense? Maybe. And maybe he'll get caught and shot. From everyone except for my own and the mafia's perspective, could I be mafia? Sure. But I know I'm not, the mafia team knows I'm not, and everyone else... meh. I'll play the game and try and help the town, but I know my town game isn't as strong as my mafia game, so I don't expect to be some core towny who solves the game. But not trying is lame, so I'm still gonna play. And right now, that means trying to get you shot.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 pm I've already explained I'm not interested in connecting dots from you to Johann yet.
That's great but as a townie, how the heck am I supposed to tell if that's a real thought or something that you made up if you're not interested in talking about it?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Johan I’m curious why you think dusk was poisoned for his reads...and also don’t seem to think mac is good likelihood to be scum given that he’s where the push off of dusk landed.

Like, if you think mafia are that scared of dusk, I think you’d have to at least consider Mac as decent chance to be mafia right?

Basically i don’t understand why you’re only tinfoiling the NK and seemingly ignoring the vote swap.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:30 pm
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 pm I've already explained I'm not interested in connecting dots from you to Johann yet.
That's great but as a townie, how the heck am I supposed to tell if that's a real thought or something that you made up if you're not interested in talking about it?
Snipping the rest of a quote when that gives it more context is bad practice, so:

I don't want Johann shot, I want you shot. The legwork there is already done, it means if you are shot and reveal as mafia, I'm saying people should look at Johann. If you're shot and reveal as town, what I have to say about Johann isn't relevant. In the meantime, saying anything else about it only serves to tell you and everyone else how exactly I'm linking the two you. The specifics are mine and in this setup there's no reason to share them, so I'm not playing them until I want to.

Asked, answered, asked again, answered more in depth, asked again (but pretending like the second answer didn't go more in depth), literally the same answer.

To save some time, if you want to do this twirl again: just read back to the first time it was asked and then read everything up to this post. Rinse and repeat as needed.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I placed a very important vote on nanook. i endorse sheeping duskfall.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm In reading Boo's iso, I'm seeing more aggression than hunting. Is that normal? Sloonei MacDougall

I haven't played too too many games with boo in the past, but I don't remember him being this aggressively hostile in the past. I wouldn't put a read behind that statement one way or the other at this stage.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:15 pm
Why? Walk me through it.
methods(tm)

y'all asked for the AC maf me now you're getting it

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:57 pm Yeah there is no reason for me to get into an argument here take my word as you like if you are town, if you are scum cool too. I'm out of this game soon and what I say probably won't matter much because town like ignoring dead players but thought I would leave them with my thoughts before I go.
I won’t forget you!

as long as your reads match up to mine
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ask questions. Get refusal to answer.

Can't vote.

This day phase sucks.
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:36 pm In the meantime, saying anything else about it only serves to tell you and everyone else how exactly I'm linking the two you.
Oh heaven forbid. Imagine all the problems it could cause if I and everyone else knew the reasons for your reads. We could like, use that to figure out if you were telling the truth or not. That would just be awful.

Let's just all have naked reads and no votes. In fact, let's just roll a die to determine the winner right now if you're not interested in playing the game.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

'Sup. :P

Yeah, I uh...I’m generally fine with fairly opaque reads, but “it only serves to tell others how I’m linking you” seems like...kinda the point?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:23 pm As it currently stands. If I had the gun I'd either kill Hyena or Johann.

Someone tell me why I'm correct or incorrect to do so.
Incorrect, because I'm town. :P
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:30 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:23 pm Hyena, Drago, Jack, Johann, and Mac? In that order? Also please relate your read of each one of these to a food dish.
Hyena is a bowl of jello, Jack is a pineapple tart, Johann is a slightly disappointing curry, Mac is, of course, an entire chicken in a can, as his signature says.
Lime Jello
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Half of me is like "Blast Boo. He's stupidly obviously bad" and half of me is like "The man says he doesn't believe in the concept of townreads. Of course he's not going to be helpful at all. Of course he's not going to explain his reads."

If I believe option number two, that doesn't actually help me know what to do with him and if we ignore all that, he's still pushed for the death of two townies with certainty.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Hyena »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:41 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm [VOTE: macdougall] aubergine
Oh, fuck that, lol

[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine
I vote for Macdougall to get the gun. Hyena reacts strongly to that by jumping straight off the macwagon. Why? I do not know. I feel like several people just decided to distrust me the moment I showed up in the thread. It was goofy. Hynea was among them.

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 pm Sloonei nutella isn't getting the gun because we're in a game with a lot of non regs and most of them don't trust and are triggered by her usual behaviours, just shouting about it isn't going to help. You had a chance to give me the gun because I had FG, Hyena, Dragomir etc. but frankly you blew it. Not me, you. You did this. And should be sad and ashamed of yourself.
all three of those players have expressed disapproval of me.
Oh, I stopped considering you the one I'd shoot the most of the people who didn't get involved in the towncore discussion once you started posting more.
I observe Hyena's disposition toward me. They reply by saying they would not shoot me. Apparently something changed when I started posting. I don't know what the reference for any of this is.

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 pm Sloonei nutella isn't getting the gun because we're in a game with a lot of non regs and most of them don't trust and are triggered by her usual behaviours, just shouting about it isn't going to help. You had a chance to give me the gun because I had FG, Hyena, Dragomir etc. but frankly you blew it. Not me, you. You did this. And should be sad and ashamed of yourself.
all three of those players have expressed disapproval of me.
Oh, I stopped considering you the one I'd shoot the most of the people who didn't get involved in the towncore discussion once you started posting more.
you jumped off a wagon because i was on it like 20 minutes ago
Yeah, that scared me, because I wasn't expecting it! I wasn't really scumreading you that much before that, though!
I observe that this new statement is contrary to Hyena's impulsive response to my vote moments ago. They say some stuff about me that I continue to not follow. My vote scared Hyena off of Mac. I was at one point a suspect, but not when I cast the Scary Vote, which was scary because it was unexpected, but I wasn't a suspect, but I was scary. I had no indication other than Hyena's harsh reaction to my vote that suggested I was ever a suspect. Apparently I was not a suspect at that time, but I had been earlier.
This does not compute. I don't know what the accusation is here. There might not be one. It was just a jarring thing that stood out to me.
Mac was calling you scum, so I didn't expect you to vote for him. o: So, I thought I was suddenly making a mistake voting for Mac when you suddenly voted in support of him. ;-;
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 am Shoot Drago then me, but shoot Drago first
I like this order, yeh.
Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 am Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
Nanook is powering but in a genuine way
I agree with all of these. <3
Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 am Hyena is just smoke but no fire
I hate to admit it, but yeah, most of the time this is probably true. ;-; Being both lazy and indecisive doesn't help me in that regard.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:05 pm Yeah, I uh...I’m generally fine with fairly opaque reads, but “it only serves to tell others how I’m linking you” seems like...kinda the point?
The only people it helps, rn, are them, if I am right, so that they can avoid doing it further. It isn't relevant outside of that, because both of them cannot die in one go. The order matters, so it's not as if I'm depriving everyone else of the second read. And if things shift and I think I'm likely to be shot, I can say it overnight so it's out there. If the mafia want to target me over it, it doesn't matter, I'd still have an entire day after that.

So as it stands, it is not time sensitive.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:06 pm Half of me is like "Blast Boo. He's stupidly obviously bad" and half of me is like "The man says he doesn't believe in the concept of townreads. Of course he's not going to be helpful at all. Of course he's not going to explain his reads."

If I believe option number two, that doesn't actually help me know what to do with him and if we ignore all that, he's still pushed for the death of two one townies with certainty.
FTFY
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:06 pm Half of me is like "Blast Boo. He's stupidly obviously bad" and half of me is like "The man says he doesn't believe in the concept of townreads. Of course he's not going to be helpful at all. Of course he's not going to explain his reads."

If I believe option number two, that doesn't actually help me know what to do with him and if we ignore all that, he's still pushed for the death of two one townies with certainty.
FTFY
I'd ask if you were gonna change it back after I flip town but I have no intention of dying today.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Like, wolves who use actual reasons can't get me mislynched.

You're up here refusing to give reads. How do you think that's going to work out?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:17 pm
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:15 pm

FTFY
I'd ask if you were gonna change it back after I flip town but I have no intention of dying today.
I mean, I doubt anyone is, seeing as that isn't how this game works.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”