boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D3)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:33 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:32 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:29 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:23 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 amSeriously?
it was a really well-done and genuine looking ate if g-man's town

which idk if that's something he can do but it's lame and i'd be pissy about it post-game

but who knows? i tr'd long con in ac for that self vote

but anyways idk if g-man does shifty strats like that
AtE should be alignment neutral, if one alignment can do it so can the other.
but... but but but but he was sad 'cause he didn't feel included in y'alls community T-T i felt for the guy
I mean I’ve said similar shit as mafia, I don’t think it’s particularly AI. YMMV 🤷‍♀️
the syndicate is one crazy place

ate clears are easy to do on ffr 'cause if you fake 'em we blast you, unless you get fake mad(tm) on mikey then the rest of the community's ok but i still get pissy because mikey's my fave
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Johann
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 183

Post by Johann »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:38 am Yeah I’ve never seen a townie that ends up fighting half the town.

Never in my life.

Not once.
Why you vote to give them the gun then xD
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:30 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:29 am Oh yeah, Johann can get the gun too as long as he promises not to shoot himself.

We're just never giving it to Wilgy, Mac or Boo.
Why would i shoot myself?
You...spend the first day of the game pretending to advocate for giving suspicious players the gun to shoot themselves. It's a joke.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 389

Post by MacDougall »

Who is going to be the hero. When will the hero swoop in and reveal themselves. Holding out for a Doctor at this point.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:33 am
boo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:32 am
Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:25 am
boo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:23 am @G-Man Jack and Mac are running a divide and conquer gambit. It's playing off of Johann's total distrust of me, your and Wilgy's general not keeping up, FGs regularly going all over the place as she tries to make up her mind, and my ability to generally alienate other town. I'm not really sure how they're fitting in Hyena.

If you trust your gut, (currently) vote for me, along with me and Nanook. We may need to shift the vote over to FG later in the day, bit that's where things currently stand.
In case you get the gun.
Who dies?
TBD. Nanook had a list somewhere, someone in it. I'd like to think Mac and Jack are teammates, but it seems a bit too easy. I think it's probably only actually one of them, and the other is playing the other.
I can see Mac as scum more than Jack
Sell me that pitch by your words and not nanooks
I'm not really invested in you voting with me. Whichever one of them hatched this scheme doesn't expect you to be on my side of this, and even then, I still see being able to get the numbers to burn them on what they did here. So if you're more open-minded then they thought, it's still easier for me to show you that it's worth risking trusting me through my interactions with other people, not directly with you. You don't trust me. Fair enough. I've given you reason not to. So you're to tunneled on me to not be able to find a way to doubt anything I can tell you. If you have more specific questions I can try and help you get there that way, but I'm not going to be able to sell you on trusting me in the way you're asking here.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:38 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:37 am It started as wanting to shake things up a bit/force people to make more challenging pushes than wilgy/boo but I think boo actually has me pocketed now tbh
Because he trolled Jack?

Mama Mia *Italian hand gestures*

Where the fuck is Black Jesus!?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D2)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:36 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:35 am
Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:32 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:00 pm
Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm I doubt scum jack poisons me btw considering i was strongly townreading him a lot of yesterday and changed the shot off him last night, regardless of how widely townread I am. That is unless a different partner needed me dead, but worth thinking about. I would say I am likely dying for being consensus town so my scumreads while a good reference point aren't going to be everything, but mafia I am townreading would still have no reason to want me dead. So if anything probably take away my townread from my death rather than my scumreads
All townreads of someone poisoned are inherently irrelevant.

Once poisoned, you cannot get the gun. Who you trust is not going to weigh into who will then be shot the night after you die.

SR reads can be more relevant, if the mafia think they'll hold enough water to result in someone you suspect getting shot.

So, as with most mafia kills, it all boils down to WIFOM of "would they kill someone to (soon) shut them up, so people ignore their SR" vs "their SR are relevant and we should listen to them... ah shit, they weren't actually relevant and we got town" vs "their SR are relevant and we should listen to them... but maybe they expected that, so let's not listen!" vs etc, etc.

The only useful takeaway from your being poisoned is that the mafia we have here went for the unimaginative option. You were the runnerup for the gun, and in general unlikely to ever be shot, and poisoning you means you cannot get the gun today. Those are all directly useful things we don't have to wonder about them thinking, they're why you're the unimaginative option. But the mafia can't control if and how your reads come into play by deciding to kill you. It's even WIFOM for them until it goes through, because they don't know how the town will react to it.
this is why i tr'd boo
For that?
For talking game mechanics?
well from that i don't think killing duskfall would be boo's decision, and i also think boo would really wanna talk about sTrAtEgY in a maf chat
I meant, out of all of his posts he done this game the one he talks about game mechanics is most valuable one?
Not his reads overall? Opinions?
i don't do reads like that. idk if you're good you can fake reads and oPiNiOns generally but a tell's gonna show up somewhere

that's why i love dumb tells too
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:30 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:28 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:27 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:25 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:59 am Jackofhearts2005 if it's between you and hyena, hyena isn't someone i'd shoot. so it has to be you

if it's between you and mac, mac is town, therefore i'd shoot you

idr what the two nanook said was

y'all really about to not give me the gun? w/e. then give it to me next time
None of this tells me why you suspect me. I want to know why you suspect me so I can tell you why you're wrong.

I get that you're blasting Boo over me. That's a good thing. But I'll be damned if anyone is ever going to shoot me without laying out exactly their reasons for doing so such that we can evaluate if they made a mistake or if they were full of shit.

It's very important that people who suspect me say exactly why they suspect me. Not why they don't suspect others. Not a blanket "everything Jack said is verified bullshit." Not "Fuck you, I'm confirmed town." Not "Jack is meh." Actual reasons that people think I could be mafia. Cause I'm not. A townie will either have understandable but wrong reasons or they'll see the light and not shoot me.
i don't like you because you're trying to break up a poe that people have been building up over the game. and after drago was shot down, there's some credibility to that poe

but that also means you'd die, or the wolves would die. it's a good deep wolf strat and it's making me uneasy
What POE am I trying to break up? Specifically.
there was this nice little thing where we were thinking wilgy or you or mac (lol) or hyena

and then all of a sudden idk what's going on
If I get the gun, I'm shooting Wilgy or Boo in order to take me out of the poe by blasting a wolf.

I'm advocating operating entirely within the POE.

Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:39 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:38 am Yeah I’ve never seen a townie that ends up fighting half the town.

Never in my life.

Not once.
Why you vote to give them the gun then xD
Sarcasm
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

boo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:39 am
boo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:23 am @G-Man Jack and Mac are running a divide and conquer gambit. It's playing off of Johann's total distrust of me, your and Wilgy's general not keeping up, FGs regularly going all over the place as she tries to make up her mind, and my ability to generally alienate other town. I'm not really sure how they're fitting in Hyena.

If you trust your gut, (currently) vote for me, along with me and Nanook. We may need to shift the vote over to FG later in the day, bit that's where things currently stand.
In case you get the gun.
Who dies?
TBD. Nanook had a list somewhere, someone in it. I'd like to think Mac and Jack are teammates, but it seems a bit too easy. I think it's probably only actually one of them, and the other is playing the other.
I'm not really invested in you voting with me. Whichever one of them hatched this scheme doesn't expect you to be on my side of this, and even then, I still see being able to get the numbers to burn them on what they did here. So if you're more open-minded then they thought, it's still easier for me to show you that it's worth risking trusting me through my interactions with other people, not directly with you. You don't trust me. Fair enough. I've given you reason not to. So you're to tunneled on me to not be able to find a way to doubt anything I can tell you. If you have more specific questions I can try and help you get there that way, but I'm not going to be able to sell you on trusting me in the way you're asking here.
;______; this looks townie y'all
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

In case you get the gun.
Who dies?
Listen here.

Those 2 have no influence on me what so ever, no one in this game does. I don't know any of you besides Dragomir. You maybe are my prime shot but i am not an idiot that will close them self in the shell and donkey it.

I am asking you a simple question. As someone who sees part of dougal that's scummy - why do YOU wanna kill him
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

G-man and FG are the only people town reading me and I have them in my wolf pool. That should be enough to clear me frankly.

But Black Jesus abandoned this realm eons ago.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm I doubt scum jack poisons me btw considering i was strongly townreading him a lot of yesterday and changed the shot off him last night, regardless of how widely townread I am. That is unless a different partner needed me dead, but worth thinking about. I would say I am likely dying for being consensus town so my scumreads while a good reference point aren't going to be everything, but mafia I am townreading would still have no reason to want me dead. So if anything probably take away my townread from my death rather than my scumreads

Once poisoned, you cannot get the gun. Who you trust is not going to weigh into who will then be shot the night after you die.

SR reads can be more relevant, if the mafia think they'll hold enough water to result in someone you suspect getting shot.

So, as with most mafia kills, it all boils down to WIFOM of "would they kill someone to (soon) shut them up, so people ignore their SR" vs "their SR are relevant and we should listen to them... ah shit, they weren't actually relevant and we got town" vs "their SR are relevant and we should listen to them... but maybe they expected that, so let's not listen!" vs etc, etc.

The only useful takeaway from your being poisoned is that the mafia we have here went for the unimaginative option. You were the runnerup for the gun, and in general unlikely to ever be shot, and poisoning you means you cannot get the gun today. Those are all directly useful things we don't have to wonder about them thinking, they're why you're the unimaginative option. But the mafia can't control if and how your reads come into play by deciding to kill you. It's even WIFOM for them until it goes through, because they don't know how the town will react to it.
this is why i tr'd boo
For that?
well from that i don't think killing duskfall would be boo's decision, and i also think boo would really wanna talk about sTrAtEgY in a maf chat
Boo: Lol nobody read too hard into Dusk's death!
FG: This means Boo probably didn't kill Dusk.
Jack: :evileye:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I appreciate you using my trademark format Jack.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:43 am

this is why i tr'd boo
For that?
he thinks killing dusk is lame, or as he called it, "unimaginative"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Eh I've done enough work for the day. Hopefully Slooster comes in here and puts you all in your place.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:37 am It started as wanting to shake things up a bit/force people to make more challenging pushes than wilgy/boo but I think boo actually has me pocketed now tbh
Nanook: I will flat refuse to give reads and veto the death of certain players.
Also Nanook: That will shake things up.

Like...technically correct. But not if we had actually listened to you.
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:40 am
Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:36 am

this is why i tr'd boo
For that?
I meant, out of all of his posts he done this game the one he talks about game mechanics is most valuable one?
Not his reads overall? Opinions?
i don't do reads like that. idk if you're good you can fake reads and oPiNiOns generally but a tell's gonna show up somewhere

that's why i love dumb tells too
When it comes to that kind of talk i believe mafia is the one that has to think about it

Town doesn't have to think about that - it aint in our place to do so - our goal is simple
Mafia on other hand has to talk about such mechanics and all possibilities
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:44 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:43 am

this is why i tr'd boo
For that?
he thinks killing dusk is lame, or as he called it, "unimaginative"
Need I remind you that wolves say all kinds of shit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am town. Read my ISO. I am town. Read my ISO. If you get on this wavelength you will discover the spiral and it's ultimate truth.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:45 am When it comes to that kind of talk i believe mafia is the one that has to think about it

Town doesn't have to think about that - it aint in our place to do so - our goal is simple
boo was replying to dusk thinking about his own death and he called it predictable and.... "unimaginative"
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:42 am

In case you get the gun.
Who dies?
Lol no it doesn't.

"I only look bad because the players making decent points about me are wolves" is not...

Just no. I disagree.
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

I will give you credit when its due. If you wanna catch mafia you have to put yourself in their skin.

But what was really that point of boo? What purpose did it serve? Did it help us in any way? No ofc not
Because it isn't something useful to us
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:45 am
Need I remind you that wolves say all kinds of shit.
:(
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:47 am
Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:45 am When it comes to that kind of talk i believe mafia is the one that has to think about it

boo was replying to dusk thinking about his own death and he called it predictable and.... "unimaginative"
His whole post has no use for us tho? Everyone already knew Dush being poisoned is obv.
Did we really need an essay on it why?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:47 am

In case you get the gun.
Who dies?
Lol no it doesn't.

"I only look bad because the players making decent points about me are wolves" is not...

Just no. I disagree.
he isn't trying to recruit people to his side he's just doing his own thing
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

"Hatched this scheme" is not something townies actually say. It's hilariously bullshit.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:48 am

His whole post has no use for us tho? Everyone already knew Dush being poisoned is obv.
boo has made any essays. i'm not surprised he made one about night kill speculation
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Never in my life.

Not once.
Pretty sure you're talking about Boo but my devil's advocate answer is "Me in like every game." :workit:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:49 am
In case you get the gun.
Who dies?
Lol no it doesn't.

Just no. I disagree.
He is currently the most present and focused on contributing making he has been all game or at least since his omgus on Nutella and it's to OMGUS me and Jack. He hasn't even attempted to ISO or gamesolve and is preferring to ate and accuse us of masterminding schemes and being out to get him.
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

boo has made any essays. i'm not surprised he made one about night kill speculation
So let me get this straight
Out of all post boo has done - the one he talks about why dusk was poisoned when we all know why dusk was poisoned - is what makes him a townie to you?

Cause that what it is when it you break it down to the core
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Johann can have my vote for now because he's making the most sense aside from Jack despite his bad read on me. Johann just promise to ISO me if you do get the gun. If you do and still think I'm scum and shoot me c'est la vie.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:51 am

Lol no it doesn't.

Just no. I disagree.
He is currently the most present and focused on contributing making he has been all game or at least since his omgus on Nutella and it's to OMGUS me and Jack. He hasn't even attempted to ISO or gamesolve and is preferring to ate and accuse us of masterminding schemes and being out to get him.
that's not how i interpreted his game, tbh. but i would appreciate more solving from him rn, more than "it's mac and jack" (that rhymes)
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:42 am

In case you get the gun.
Who dies?
Listen here.

Those 2 have no influence on me what so ever, no one in this game does. I don't know any of you besides Dragomir. You maybe are my prime shot but i am not an idiot that will close them self in the shell and donkey it.

I am asking you a simple question. As someone who sees part of dougal that's scummy - why do YOU wanna kill him
The same reason anyone wants to kill anyone in mafia (well. usually, at least), I believe it's part of my win condition. I can see what Mac is trying to do here, but I think he misplayed, is mafia, and does not have the numbers to make his plan work. It could be close, but it's increasingly looking like it won't be. He's even lost you. Maybe not fully, but enough.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:51 am

Out of all post boo has done - the one he talks about why dusk was poisoned when we all know why dusk was poisoned - is what makes him a townie to you?

yes
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I actually think Mac looks real town from his play calendar today.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:50 am

Never in my life.

Not once.
Pretty sure you're talking about Boo but my devil's advocate answer is "Me in like every game." :workit:
I was actually thinking of myself in half my town games lmao
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Johann] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:54 am

Never in my life.

Not once.
Lol then wtf were you talking about?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

He'll I've now got more posts than anyone in the game again despite basically taking day 2 off.

Lord if it's just Wilgy and G-man lmao.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:54 am

Never in my life.

Not once.
It was a sarcastic response to “boo is mafia because he keeps fighting town”
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

boo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 am
Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:42 am

In case you get the gun.
Who dies?
Listen here.

The same reason anyone wants to kill anyone in mafia (well. usually, at least), I believe it's part of my win condition. I can see what Mac is trying to do here, but I think he misplayed, is mafia, and does not have the numbers to make his plan work. It could be close, but it's increasingly looking like it won't be. He's even lost you. Maybe not fully, but enough.
Ok
Listen here

Can you stop playing the victim for a second and answer in a simple manner - WHY DO YOU THINK DOUGALL IS SCUM.
I don't wanna hear stuff like " i can see what mac is trying to do here"
Like you have to have a reason , a reason you can put in words why is he scum. If you do put it in words or by god i will put a bullet in you
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:56 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:54 am

Never in my life.

Not once.
It was a sarcastic response to “boo is mafia because he keeps fighting town”
Oooooooh. Sarcasm is really clear now.
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 am
Johann wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:51 am

yes
So non of his reads, plays, opinions besides that is giving you town vibes?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm scum because I am adamant he is. It makes sense from both our vantage points tbh. It's just that I don't make any sense and you can't and nobody has actually made a case on me.

Boo on the other hand...........

I strongly do not want Johann to have the gun
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Remember when I had a mental breakdown cuz I wrongly shot nutella instead of going with my gut on Jack and then got super defensive and cut and skipped out on almost an entire phase.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am I strongly do not want Johann to have the gun
I miss mind melding with you.
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am I strongly do not want Johann to have the gun
Because i will shoot the person most here decide on?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay maybe it's not Boo.

@Boo what if it's Jack and Wilgy? Does that make sense to you?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”