Space Invaders [END]

Moderator: Community Team

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 171

Re: Space Invaders [Day 0]

Post by tutuu »

if each bunker (assuming we shot maf) rolls 20% chance to protect laser gun its a little under 90% that laser gun will end up with at least 1 protection

alternitavely we can agree on a consensus townread that can protect laser gun, and bet the game on them being town and everyone else holstering

and potentially adding failsaves such as asking the second biggest townread to also protect or someone we think cant be maf with the first mentioned person to protect

Could organize the playerlist into non-maf pairings of 2 ppl and let them be nutellas bodyguards. Might push the maf to bus
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:46 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:41 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:37 am That’s not what we’re doing lol
feels annoying to disparage my idea without even giving it a chance as if its something silly, and as if luck isnt already involved to a degree in mafia
It is silly idk what to tell you 🤷‍♀️
Then if youre town you put yourself in a position to embarass yourself post game if your plans end up being worse than randomness, so good luck
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:54 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:35 am Oh yea i was also thinking of using RNG to determine our protections

like idk the numbers but lets say arbitrarily say 10% , each bunker goes to rand.org or however eas the site, rolls between 1 and 100, if its 1 to 10 they protect nutella, otherwise save their shot. Obv different on even nights and as more of us die but u get the idea. Like, just think of some numbers that will give us good odds, i think its okay to slightly potentially lose the game on the first night if it means bigger chance to win in the end
We have to assume the aliens will try to kill nutella every night. We will non-randomly arrange protects to ensure, and insure, that she has multiple layers of protection each night. We will do this in a way that eliminates the possibility of unfortuitously picking all aliens to protect her.
100% guaranteeing laser gun's survival would mean putting at least 5 protections on her on even nights and god knows how much more on odd nights. we cant guarantee her life every single night and we shouldnt try to
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

other way around even/odd
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if i was an alien i would be killing bunkers every single night

it is the least risky strat to win if youre maf. like its 11v4 and you have 1.5 kills every night

like you guys think that making pre determined plans is the least risky way for town to win but i argue the opposite. you are betting it all on having correct reads on a lot of stuff and it will just be embarassing if it all flops wont it
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Oh no what if we get embarrassed won’t that suck.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:54 am We have to assume the aliens will try to kill nutella every night.
i think long con is town for this line. the more and more i thought about what i would do as alien, the more i think that it would never cross my mind to think this, or to propose to my teammates that we take unnecessary risks by putting kills on nutella, like, ever. (so to clarify, i townread the line because i think its incorrect)

i also slightly tr dunya for her energy
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

maybe this is a bit too early but i also townread nanook for their low effort one-liner quips and lowkey trolling / lack of discussing in good faith

I’m not trolling btw, I just think we can do better.

I’ll put up a plan later tonight or more likely tomorrow sometime.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:32 am I’m not trolling btw, I just think we can do better.
these two arent mutually exclusive, you were doing both

moving in

for anyone else in the future please argue in good faith about what we should do

don't confidently proclaim stuff like "we are doing X Y Z" without backing it up. it comes off as corny

this is @ Long Con as well
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:54 am We will non-randomly arrange protects to ensure, and insure, that she has multiple layers of protection each night. We will do this in a way that eliminates the possibility of unfortuitously picking all aliens to protect her.
please don't make such statements on the behalf of everyone. maybe this could just be a me thing but this exact wording in these sentences are annoying to me

I mean no, I wasn’t trolling. I also wasn’t arguing in bad faith. Disagreeing with you doesn’t mean I’m trolling or arguing in bad faith, it means I think we can do better lol
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i dont need to convince you on that. maybe younger tutuu would be adamant but older and wiser tutuu picks her battles better

I mean it’s pretty rude to continually tell me I’m trolling when I’m trying to tell you that I’m not 🤷‍♀️
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

fair enough
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:37 am Oh no what if we get embarrassed won’t that suck.
this was your response to my posts. you ignored the actual important stuff and you threw a light jab at me.

like your mission wasn't "tutuu u are wrong because X Y Z" it was "lol tutuu u are so silly for saying that we would get embarassed"

the reason why i wanted to avoid making this post is because its not related to the game / doesn't push anything further / i want to move on, and because i already townread you for it
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Dragomir »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:05 pm
(yes, I know it doesn't do anything, I just want to make it clear what my stance is from day to day)
Why do you feel the need to say this? Ppl already know that D0 votes work like this.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:35 am Oh yea i was also thinking of using RNG to determine our protections

like idk the numbers but lets say arbitrarily say 10% , each bunker goes to rand.org or however eas the site, rolls between 1 and 100, if its 1 to 10 they protect nutella, otherwise save their shot. Obv different on even nights and as more of us die but u get the idea. Like, just think of some numbers that will give us good odds, i think its okay to slightly potentially lose the game on the first night if it means bigger chance to win in the end
No one humored my day 1 idea. It guarantees us to catch scum on day 2 tho. What do u think?

So if we day 1 zap a scum and day 2 kill one, we're gonna be in pretty good shape.

I don't think your idea is a bad one btw. But I think forming a towncore and betting our odds on our agreed reads on who protects nutella rather than randomizing it increases our odds?

I dunno, this is a wacky game. Anything can happen.

I agree with u that aliens will be silly not to kill town odd number night but I dunno, they may risk one shot on even nights on nutella and sometimes two if it means they win the game.

Admittedly my strategy will be less effective on even number night so I have to think of an alternate plan there lol.

Anyway I townread u for your method of strategy. So I already have 4 town reads plus me and nutella making 6!

Some others have posted, I'll have to check what they said but I know LC is practically howling because if he scrolls up and sees what I've been advocating vs. what say Alison advocated, he's just more eloquently parroted "let's organize a plan".

Eloquent players are 9 outta 10 times bad. Gimme loose and crazy messy :p

Disclaimer: LC is the most cunning scum-master and I may be bringing bias into this but I'm also kinda serious tbh... there's something that feels awkward about his posts in a "I should say this so we take control of the plan and I'm bound to protect nutella one night so I can zap her" kinda way I guess.

Updated list

Good:
Epi
Tutuu
Nanook
Alison

Lukewarm water
Soneji
Dragomir

Bad:
Carot
LC

How many people are in this game, 14 or 15?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 am
(yes, I know it doesn't do anything, I just want to make it clear what my stance is from day to day)
Why do you feel the need to say this? Ppl already know that D0 votes work like this.
I was JUST thinking about that, and why I put Alison at the bottom of my good pile.

It felt like a slightly forced entry to show people she is already hunting. We don't know why she finds epi worthy of a vote or anything else. Didn't like that part tbh.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:19 pm Also, I'm a bunker and I'm always going to be defending nutella. Don't waste your defense on me.
That should say "Don't waste your defense on nutella."
On the multikill nights more people need to protect me though right?

I only vaguely understand the setup....
and if Epi's an alien...
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:54 pm We publicly make a list of who protects who. When someone dies we know who lied :p
right, i did miss this

hm

i dont immediately see anything wrong with this strategy

if we all consensus agree on someone being town, and bet the entire game on them being town, what we can do it

have the consensus town protect nutella

have a chain of protection, 1 person protecting another person, and 1 person will be left without protection (since nutella cant protect). that can be the biggest sketchball who we will leave without protecion

so this way maf will either have to kill the sketchball if the sketchball is town and/or if the sketchball is mafia, they will have to make another kill that will guarantee outing a mafia

yea actually this feels like the best proposed plan so far
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:48 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:44 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:19 pm Also, I'm a bunker and I'm always going to be defending nutella. Don't waste your defense on me.
That should say "Don't waste your defense on nutella."
On the multikill nights more people need to protect me though right?

I only vaguely understand the setup....
2 people. You'll be fine. I promise. Epi and dun got ur back gurl
This is over is an alien laser shoots nutella. That's it.

Bunkers have limited protections. After I'm spent, someone else will need to carry on in my stead (or if I get killed).

This is about setting up a network of protections so that it's clear who failed and is therefore mafia.
regardless, I think this is town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

actually i can see a fault in this plan

we will use up 25% of our protections and it wont even catch a mafia

because the mafia will simply attack a protected target and waste their kill

there's no reason for them to out a maf for a town. so we would have just all wasted 1 bunker protection for a no kill
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Admittedly and I'm not ashamed to admit I did not rememver that nutella doesn't have a save.

Ok alternative plan.

We give 2 members the choice to save between 3 people, also narrows things down.

Linki: damn you're right tutuu. They can outlive us.

Chain of protection is...*fine*, but also like...idk if I’m gonna be confident enough in a townread in this game to bet the game on it, tbh.

It is better than random though, imo
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

dunya wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:54 pm We publicly make a list of who protects who. When someone dies we know who lied :p
okay, but I'm not going through with this unless there are at least 2 people defending Nutella and possibly 3

@linki oh yeah and bunker protects are limited. It might be best to save them until endgame and just force the poe to protect Nutella each day

I think the best plan is four people protect nutella N1, a different five N2, etc. etc.

Obviously numbers adjust as we kill scum.

Well, maybe not best, but safest.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

All this strategy talk is hurting my brain. I'm merely glancing at these posts right now.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:01 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:46 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:41 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:37 am That’s not what we’re doing lol
feels annoying to disparage my idea without even giving it a chance as if its something silly, and as if luck isnt already involved to a degree in mafia
It is silly idk what to tell you 🤷‍♀️
Then if youre town you put yourself in a position to embarass yourself post game if your plans end up being worse than randomness, so good luck
worse than random: the tsp mafia strat

(I know there are four aliens but holy fuck if we put four aliens in one group we just deserve to lose tbh)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think its wishful thinking that we won't misfire (mislaser)

the game realistically should go to like day 6 / day 7

i think preserving the bunker protections is top priority. we should never make a plan for nutella to 100% guarantee her surviving if it takes too much resources. if the maf wants to take a risk with bad odds for them then let them take it. we can determine the odds ourselves, to an extent

preserving bunker protection includes saving fellow bunkers. i am seriously considering never protecting nutella and letting the simps do that, and instead holstering / protecting someone else / protecting myself

Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:15 am All this strategy talk is hurting my brain. I'm merely glancing at these posts right now.
Then ignore mechanics, project town and find scum. We’ll take care of the mechanics.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:07 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 am
I was JUST thinking about that, and why I put Alison at the bottom of my good pile.

It felt like a slightly forced entry to show people she is already hunting. We don't know why she finds epi worthy of a vote or anything else. Didn't like that part tbh.
Damn, I wasn't really looking at the whole post like that. I wasn't liking that pre-emptive defense with that part I selected. It's completely unnecessary.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:16 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:15 am All this strategy talk is hurting my brain. I'm merely glancing at these posts right now.
Then ignore mechanics, project town and find scum. We’ll take care of the mechanics.
Ignoring the mechanics sounds retarded. The majority of the posts here are on those mechanics. I'm robbing myself the opportunity to get reads by ignoring them.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Who's a simp and why you gotta go there :p
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:14 am I think the best plan is four people protect nutella N1, a different five N2, etc. etc.

Obviously numbers adjust as we kill scum.
we can expend 1 to 4 bunker protections and potentially lose if we picked all 4 maf but fair enough i dont think it will happen

if we go with the RNG strat of 20%, there is a 90% chance that nutella has at least 1 protection and on average it will expend only 2 protections total (since 10 bunkers)

the biggest benefit of going RNG is that it's quiet / we deny mafia info

Alison is right that the less info we give maf the better. I feel like "town" and "mafia" are kind of reversed in this game; we, as town, need to hide as much info as we can, and maf will have a lot of solving to do

But I do personally think if we decide to make no public plans, on average, we will waste more protections than if we all agree to go with a random number. That's just how I feel.

Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:18 am
Ignoring the mechanics sounds retarded. The majority of the posts here are on those mechanics. I'm robbing myself the opportunity to get reads by ignoring them.
A) please find a different word, b) you’re the one bitching about mechanics discussion 🤷‍♀️
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Don't you play on NF? The mechanics in their bastard games hurts *my* brain! This is a walk in the park in comparison lmao
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I think we should have at least 3 people saving nutella on any given day. The rest can be up to whatever people wanna do and leave it as a mystery for the aliens to misfire. Hunting through nk is hard at this stage if we want to preserve saves. So we can do regular hunting and I think we already have lots of good content to go through.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

okay, I think we assign the four most scummy people on day 1 to use their protect on Nutella. I think that's the optimal day 1 strat. If anyone wants to use a bunker on another target, they should do so in secret.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Rej »

Drago doesnt like Spacemovies = bad

Dunya, Alison and Tutu are town GTH, nice energy.
Not excluding the possibility that a wolf is coordinating the mechtalk with others.

Tho nothing else pinged me for now. I am at work, will be properly active later on.
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am okay, I think we assign the four most scummy people on day 1 to use their protect on Nutella. I think that's the optimal day 1 strat. If anyone wants to use a bunker on another target, they should do so in secret.
Least scummy or most scummy? I think you mean most and I think I know what you mean by that strategy but pls confirm lol
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 am
A) please find a different word, b) you’re the one bitching about mechanics discussion 🤷‍♀️
I wouldn't consider saying that it hurts my brain as bitching but it's whatever I suppose.
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 am
Don't you play on NF? The mechanics in their bastard games hurts *my* brain! This is a walk in the park in comparison lmao
I tend to just not read the posts about the mechanics there. They confuse me too. I understand the mechanics of this game, they're simple. It's just the strategy talk that I'm having trouble with.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am okay, I think we assign the four most scummy people on day 1 to use their protect on Nutella. I think that's the optimal day 1 strat. If anyone wants to use a bunker on another target, they should do so in secret.
Explain to me the benefits of this strategy as well as the possible drawbacks.

I agree with tony
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Rej wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:27 am Drago doesnt like Spacemovies = bad

Dunya, Alison and Tutu are town GTH, nice energy.
Not excluding the possibility that a wolf is coordinating the mechtalk with others.

Tho nothing else pinged me for now. I am at work, will be properly active later on.
Hmmm

I'm making a note for later of stuffing Alison with 1 post between me and tutu and calling out nice energy. Something pingy about this entrance.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:24 am I think we should have at least 3 people saving nutella on any given day. The rest can be up to whatever people wanna do and leave it as a mystery for the aliens to misfire. Hunting through nk is hard at this stage if we want to preserve saves. So we can do regular hunting and I think we already have lots of good content to go through.
How do we go about selecting those 3 ppl?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Also something I notice scum do is use phrases already used that was responded to positively. Tutuu already talked about "nice energy" and rej picked it up and uses it too.

Putting Rej in my scummy pile with LC and Carot.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:27 am
Least scummy or most scummy? I think you mean most and I think I know what you mean by that strategy but pls confirm lol
most. bottom of the poe. They're probably either going to be taken out by lasers or shot by aliens looking to avoid protects
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:30 am
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:24 am I think we should have at least 3 people saving nutella on any given day. The rest can be up to whatever people wanna do and leave it as a mystery for the aliens to misfire. Hunting through nk is hard at this stage if we want to preserve saves. So we can do regular hunting and I think we already have lots of good content to go through.
How do we go about selecting those 3 ppl?
Tony thinks our scummiest 4 should protect her. We coordinate that itt. I understand why, but my scummiest 4 could be the whole maf team gg y'all ;p but yeah, for a day 1 strategy it makes most sense.

Return to “Previous Heists”