Space Invaders [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Re: Space Invaders [Day 0]

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 pm But also, holy shit, if Nut misshoots this can go to shits real fast.
if you're town don't look so scummy ldo :shrug2:
No, for real. This is not good enough and just annoying tbh. You're confirmed town. Cool. But don't be giving me that. If you think I'm scummy please let me know why so I can respond if I feel it will help, at least before you shoot me. If you still think I'm scummy, then cool ig. I'm not used to being suspected when I'm town tbh, so I'm taken aback a little. =p
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:58 pm goddammit ok diz you do actually have p good reads

drago is on the table for lasering but i have some hesitance on him bc i know meta-wise he can look kinda sketchy as town and is more obviously scum as scum it's just hard to draw the line between them
I don’t think the line is that hard to draw tbh but I’m also not ready to make a read there yet
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’ve read Proto’s plan. It has merits. It has flaws. These can be discussed further as he game goes on. I usually hate talking about game stuff on day 0, but since this is a unique setup I think this merits it.

One general flaw with chainy plans is that aliens can wait out four nights very easily.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:02 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 pm But also, holy shit, if Nut misshoots this can go to shits real fast.
if you're town don't look so scummy ldo :shrug2:
No, for real. This is not good enough and just annoying tbh. You're confirmed town. Cool. But don't be giving me that. If you think I'm scummy please let me know why so I can respond if I feel it will help, at least before you shoot me. If you still think I'm scummy, then cool ig. I'm not used to being suspected when I'm town tbh, so I'm taken aback a little. =p
I've quoted a couple things that I found scummy from you. Your recent posts trend up. Just keep doing what you're doing.

If I were to choose my shot at this very moment it would be more likely Drago or Epi than you.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 amLong Con – Alien. Cant believe they called themselves a bunkerman instead of a bunker person. Consider myself triggered.
But... I AM a man. I identify as a man. :shrug:
On a meta read without ever having played with them, I simply don’t believe someone with 13k posts would think the aliens would be trying to kill the laser every night.
There is a sizable difference between "We have to assume that..." and "I believe this will happen". Not assuming they will attack nutella each night means not protecting her each night. Surely you're not advocating that.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:58 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:53 am 2 persons pinged me as bad for the moment :

* Epignosis is like only focused on protecting nutella in a stubborn/non-cooperative way, which is not helping town. They're also only reacting to posts that directly involves them throughout the thread, so they did read the rest, just didn't react. (Also poop reads.)
* Long Con's posts are 3/4 defense and 1/4 dubious mechanic talk, not good.

tutuu
seems the most town to me and I'm still sorting the others
Epi’s town, I think. I have no read on tutuu.
Why?

Also sorry seems like I failed something with my quote on my last post ^^'
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:58 pm goddammit ok diz you do actually have p good reads

drago is on the table for lasering but i have some hesitance on him bc i know meta-wise he can look kinda sketchy as town and is more obviously scum as scum it's just hard to draw the line between them
Ok, good to know about Drag. I only remember one game with him, and he was town but mia most of the game.
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:00 pm I don't really like that you just said "I don't know/no comment" for all the null people though, like there is definitely room to develop nuanced thoughts on epi for instance
I mean, fair I guess, but I don't know what to say about Epi. There is content there, but I'm not able to make up my mind. So it's kind of a can go both ways-read. Not my favorite yeet, I can say.

Tony is town for proposing basically the same plan I did with the nifty addition of the protects coming from within the POE
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I also think that nobody except Nutella should be saved, full stop. Including self saves.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:03 pmI've quoted a couple things that I found scummy from you. Your recent posts trend up. Just keep doing what you're doing.

If I were to choose my shot at this very moment it would be more likely Drago or Epi than you.
Alright, but I don't understand what's scummy about them. =p
But it doesn't matter right now. We have time, and I'm town as they come, all else would be rude. :llama:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:04 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:53 am 2 persons pinged me as bad for the moment :

* Epignosis is like only focused on protecting nutella in a stubborn/non-cooperative way, which is not helping town. They're also only reacting to posts that directly involves them throughout the thread, so they did read the rest, just didn't react. (Also poop reads.)

tutuu
Why?

Epi’s town because he’s like . Almost TMIed himself as town. It just feels like a mindset thing. I can’t explain it and I’ve been tricked before but Epi seems to just be town.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

An alternative. Two top town reads protect Nutella. Less wasteful. If we could come to consensus one then that would work but then there are devious scum tactics I won’t go into.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:43 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:09 am Also I feel like unless we specifically coordinate something specific in the thread, bunker shots should only be used on their own slot.
i wonder if this could be a tiny reverse derp clear. Derp condemn? Like, youre saying that the bunkers should self-protect every night. Youre either maf who didnt see that bunkers can only do it once or ur bunker but u just forgot and like in a vacuum the former is more likely but u can still be town idk
You're taking this out of context and I did mention "unless we specifically coordinate..." . :p What I meant is just "don't try to hero save someone else". I know it's impossible to bunker our own slot forever, but at least for the beginning I think it's a good strategy.
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:06 pm I also think that nobody except Nutella should be saved, full stop. Including self saves.
You know what, this is maybe not the most terrible idea? Except I think this is only a good idea the first night or maybe the first couple.
Worst case, scum would be in a smaller pool as the game progresses. From N3 we can try to save both Nut and hopefully save someone from kill as well, and laser hopefully accurate if we don't have scum already, which hopefully we do cause town goat.

But I haven't mathed this at all. I kind of fear how fast things can go awry, and even if we have a decent/great idea who scum is, it still takes four nights to kill all. Worst case is 5 town dead the first 2 nights which is so fucking dumb.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:06 pm I also think that nobody except Nutella should be saved, full stop. Including self saves.
We'd get picked off too quickly, and then there would be no one to protect The Laser.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:10 pm An alternative. Two top town reads protect Nutella. Less wasteful. If we could come to consensus one then that would work but then there are devious scum tactics I won’t go into.
And top three on the even nights, of course. Maybe top four.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:10 pm An alternative. Two top town reads protect Nutella. Less wasteful. If we could come to consensus one then that would work but then there are devious scum tactics I won’t go into.
I think at least two. If we suck enough to choose two scum, we suck. Maybe have thread consensus choose one and Nut choose the other? If we can save shots by having two protects on Nut, that's not bad. And then we can have some options for protecting these two top town players. And maybe some options for perhaps protecting others as well. Scum should have to guess a bit.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:12 pm
And top three on the even nights, of course. Maybe top four.
Yeah, I think I'm more about this tbh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Actually, having a good town core can get us far this game. Ok, I like this setup again.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:50 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:09 am hyijifhinrjdfihbrenjdfhedsi aaaaaaaah multiquote button didn't work bierjnnfierhehuj
*take a deep breathe* it's gonna be okay
anyway

TonyStarkPrime's plan seems to be the best so far, but it's kinda risky to the not-poe-people past n1, if that makes sense. So I propose that we kinda flip it around:

- On odd nights, two top townreads (or like one top townread + 2 midlytownread that can't all be wolves together) protect nutella. And then we could do something like bottom of POE protect the people protecting nutella and all the others only self-protect if they feel the need to.

- On even nights, bottom of POE protect nutella. The rest of the players only self-protect if they feel the need to.

That way, the protection shots are used more horizontally and avoids that town ends up with no shots at the end. Also I feel like unless we specifically coordinate something specific in the thread, bunker shots should only be used on their own slot.
wouldn't it be better the other way around? on even nights when aliens have 2 KP I think I'd rather have more people I trust more protecting me

Idk most of the strategy talk is super hard for me to think about so I'm gonna let yall talk it out and just sit back and hope it works :biggrin:
Well okay I don't know anymore let's count haha:

Odd nights two townread protect you --> at most 2 shots used
Even nights 5(?) poe protect you --> at most 5 shots used (but really unlikely)
If we do the opposite:
Odd nights four poe protect you --> at most 4 shots used (but unlikely)
Even nights 3(?) townread protect ou --> at most 3 shots used

So in the end it's kinda the same thing... Heh.

At this point I think it's kinda pointless, like even if we're super bad at protecting people from nightkill we can still win by lasering aliens. And if we're super good at protecting people from nightkill that might almost help aliens because it's gonna make the game longer and we don't have infinite shots.
It might be better to just like, rotate people assigned to protect nutella and keep the shots for mid-late game where shots have a higher chance of actually being useful.
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Re strategy, someone just tell me what to do. Preferably someone who's town. =p

Just remember that we need 4 nights in total to get rid of scum. So we need protections available for where we're at. We have to think ahead of time and consider how many aliens we have left.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jimmaaaaaaayyy!

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 pm
You know what, this is maybe not the most terrible idea? Except I think this is only a good idea the first night or maybe the first couple.
Worst case, scum would be in a smaller pool as the game progresses. From N3 we can try to save both Nut and hopefully save someone from kill as well, and laser hopefully accurate if we don't have scum already, which hopefully we do cause town goat.

But I haven't mathed this at all. I kind of fear how fast things can go awry, and even if we have a decent/great idea who scum is, it still takes four nights to kill all. Worst case is 5 town dead the first 2 nights which is so fucking dumb.
Imo a save on someone that isn’t nutella is a wasted save 🤷‍♀️
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm Just remember that we need 4 nights in total to get rid of scum. So we need protections available for where we're at. We have to think ahead of time and consider how many aliens we have left.
huh? walk me through that.

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:12 pm
We'd get picked off too quickly, and then there would be no one to protect The Laser.
I don’t think this is actually true?

Worst case we lose 5 town by D3, we go in with 10 players, 5 bunkers/laser/4 aliens. If we’ve been shooting through POE and making POE protect, we should have something like 17+ protects left. That’s like 4 or 5 nights worth I think, assuming we start hitting scum?

Also hard pass on the top town protects idea, we want the people that aren’t getting shot by the laser to have protects left at endgame
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

If we don’t try to protect anyone else than nutella, worst case scenario (from nutella POV) :

10 bunkers, 4 aliens

D1 • - 1 bunker
N1 • - 1 bunker

8 bunkers, 4 aliens

D2 • - 1 bunker
N2 • - 2 bunkers

5 bunkers, 4 aliens

D3 • -1 bunker
N3 • -1 bunker

3 bunkers, 4 aliens

Like, if it really gets to this point, I think it’s safe to assume all the bunkers have at least 3 shots (because of rotation) so it’s still winnable.

Worst case scenario for trying to protect people is « we have a bunch of villagers who can’t vote around and no more shots at night » so yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think the best strategy is to not have a strategy. (at least for the beginning)

edit : haaa someone said the same thing while I was taping this lol
ImageImage
tutuu
Posts in topic: 171

Post by tutuu »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:43 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:09 am Also I feel like unless we specifically coordinate something specific in the thread, bunker shots should only be used on their own slot.
i wonder if this could be a tiny reverse derp clear. Derp condemn? Like, youre saying that the bunkers should self-protect every night. Youre either maf who didnt see that bunkers can only do it once or ur bunker but u just forgot and like in a vacuum the former is more likely but u can still be town idk
You're taking this out of context and I did mention "unless we specifically coordinate..." . :p What I meant is just "don't try to hero save someone else". I know it's impossible to bunker our own slot forever, but at least for the beginning I think it's a good strategy.
iight i misunderstood then
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:25 pmImo a save on someone that isn’t nutella is a wasted save 🤷‍♀️
Not if it works lol
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:27 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm Just remember that we need 4 nights in total to get rid of scum. So we need protections available for where we're at. We have to think ahead of time and consider how many aliens we have left.
4 days, I should say. Nut can only kill once per day, so naturally it will take minimum 4 days. This is relevant in game where scum's kill power is larger than town's. For example, town can lose multiball games even if they have amazing reads just because it takes too long to lynch all the scum. I'm just saying, have that in mind and evaluate each day.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:34 pm Also hard pass on the top town protects idea, we want the people that aren’t getting shot by the laser to have protects left at endgame
Top town may also get killed by scum though soooo
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:08 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:04 pm

tutuu
Why?

Epi’s town because he’s like . Almost TMIed himself as town. It just feels like a mindset thing. I can’t explain it and I’ve been tricked before but Epi seems to just be town.
That's... not really helping haha, how does one TMI himself as town? But okay, if it's a meta thing it would be nice if other people could confirm/infirm this.
ImageImage

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:52 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:25 pmImo a save on someone that isn’t nutella is a wasted save 🤷‍♀️
Not if it works lol
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:27 pm
4 days, I should say. Nut can only kill once per day, so naturally it will take minimum 4 days. This is relevant in game where scum's kill power is larger than town's. For example, town can lose multiball games even if they have amazing reads just because it takes too long to lynch all the scum. I'm just saying, have that in mind and evaluate each day.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:34 pm Also hard pass on the top town protects idea, we want the people that aren’t getting shot by the laser to have protects left at endgame
Top town may also get killed by scum though soooo
Including if it works, I don’t really care about keeping non-nutella people alive tbh
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:53 pmIncluding if it works, I don’t really care about keeping non-nutella people alive tbh
Ok, well I do. That means more town with more bunker shots and more time to catch scum.

I don’t think we’re gonna win this game in a marathon, I’m pretty much viewing it as a sprint with the goal of winning by D7 at latest.
tutuu
Posts in topic: 171

Post by tutuu »

Ill be using (HOLY SHIT A FUCKING RAT JUST RAN PAST ME FML)

Ill be using they/them pronouns for everyone out of principle until i get home cuz it doesnt let me see ppls pronouns even after i click their profiles (on mobile) jsyk

i didnt immediately jump to a townread on dyslexicon but their reads align with mine very much so i wouldnt advocate to kill (fucking butterfly just flew into my sleeve) them soon. If theyre town i feel like they can do a lot to help out

I wish long con would towntell somehow or maybe i just dont see it but like im not gonna be stubborn and tr them for that one line if nothing else comes up

maybe its just d0 and ppl r gonna be more chill. thats alright

tonystark also seems like a stronk player so idk why r u guys easily townreading him without expressing some paranoia/reservations?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:04 pm Ill be using (HOLY SHIT A FUCKING RAT JUST RAN PAST ME FML)

Ill be using they/them pronouns for everyone out of principle until i get home cuz it doesnt let me see ppls pronouns even after i click their profiles (on mobile) jsyk

i didnt immediately jump to a townread on dyslexicon but their reads align with mine very much so i wouldnt advocate to kill (fucking butterfly just flew into my sleeve) them soon. If theyre town i feel like they can do a lot to help out

I wish long con would towntell somehow or maybe i just dont see it but like im not gonna be stubborn and tr them for that one line if nothing else comes up

maybe its just d0 and ppl r gonna be more chill. thats alright

tonystark also seems like a stronk player so idk why r u guys easily townreading him without expressing some paranoia/reservations?
The safari of this post is the greatest thing ever. Also, the pink is very uplifting. I will do my best. ^^

If people have a pronoun listed it should show up if you click on their profile
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:04 pm I don’t think we’re gonna win this game in a marathon, I’m pretty much viewing it as a sprint with the goal of winning by D7 at latest.
Nut nukes all aliens before D5. Easy game.

Start with Drag. Then take Rej. :charlieblackmon:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Btw since boo updated the pronoun feature it scraped what was there beforehand so anyone who hasn't recently re-added them doesn't have them showing
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:07 pm If people have a pronoun listed it should show up if you click on their profile
People called me "she" even when I was on camera on champs podcast lol. I not so secretly enjoy that a lot. =p
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Post by protocultures »

well people now seem on board with rng 3 people to save night 1 onto Nutella. So thats good at least. It would really help if Nutella can indicate who those 3 should be, along with confirmation from those 3 that they WILL save Nutella in the night so we arent scrambling at the end of Day 1 to lock in actions although from my understanding, we still have 48 hours to get to the end of night 1 phase.

I am also being townread by Nutella for now so no danger of being yeeted day 1 either.

I am undecided on whether to continue pushing for mixed save strategy and forcing aliens to kill into smaller poe to obtain cleaner info on potential saves. It may be better to work backwards and see from which point town can get auto and see how many bunker saves we would need. I cant current figure this out, but maybe someone else can. I actually cant see a point where town would have auto tbh, so this might be a dead end but will continue to contemplate it as a concept. Or perhaps someone will find some cool strategy to win.

I currently tend to think that this should be viewed as a sprint and not a marathon for town to have any decent chance of winning. 3 bunkers and 4 aliens alive seems pretty unwinnable (maybe 6%? something like that as a finger in the air metric) to me, even if they all have 3 saves left. The even night 2 KP really really will demolish town in that scenario. Strongly believe we need to win by day 9. Trying to go beyond this is probably possible, but reduces chances of town winning imo.

Nutella seems on board with saving/killing into a smaller poe, but others dont seem keen. Trying to avoid being the nagging math guy in my first forum game.

Also unsure whether it is beneficial/worthwhile to indicate my personal town/alien reads since the only ones that matter are Nutellas takes anyway. I dont hate Nutella's latest reads so think I am happy to coast a little while.

I have also never played in a long form game where the aliens have full chat the entire way though so kind of no idea how that meta plays out. I imagine you can set up some epic shenanigans with this.

Still unclear whether we get flips on death from the town laser kill.

Even nights I imagine will be hilarious and day 3 is where I expect the game to get spicy and proper town circles get created.

[mention]Long Con[/mention] - feel free to ask any questions, I dont bite. Kind of surprised my posts gave that tone - not intentional.

Curious if there is a link/resource to the origin of this game setup to see how it played out. I understand it has been modifies slightly for here though.

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] my plan is only for Night 1, it is not intended to chain for 4 nights in a row. It spends too many bunker saves. There is probably a value for quasi confirmed town in terms of bunkler saves, at each game state but dont ask me to quanitify it.

Still curious whether aliens are forced to kill at night or if they can holster. If they can, there is no merit in spending bunker saves to get quaisi confirmed town.

Still trying to get my head around the fact that there is no merit in being alive as town if you dont have bunker saves remaining. As such, using the last bunker save on yourself should be identified as a very bad thing to do.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

to clarify, identifying quasi confirmed town has a bunker save value due to potentially ending the game quicker, by providing better info for the town laser shots. more bunker saves = more time for laser pew pew. better laser pew pew accuracy means you need less bunker saves because the game doesnt need to last as long for town to win.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm Alright @protocultures I read your math wallposts and double-checked the %.
For the first part, my conclusion about that is that, yes, from a purely statistical point of view we shouldn't get too neurotic because the odds of loosing N1 are really small. However, it's not because we could random choose who protect nutella that we should. Look at it the other way: if we random pick 3 persons, there's a 29,4% chance (if town is pew pewed D1) / 42,0% chance (if alien is pew pewed D1) to have/waste 3 bunker shots.

Now for the second part:
protocultures wrote:@
For the second part, I suggest we nominate 4 additional people to be bunker saved and identify who will save them. Nutella to nominate if town consensus cannot be found. What does this all achieve?

Without a grand plan, aliens POE into 10 bunkers plus Laser.

With this plan, aliens can ONLY POE into 6 potential players which is now also known to town.

4 of the players are "safe" due to being actually saved or proxy saved because an alien was allocated to bunker someone on a 1KP night. At this stage, we have used 7 bunker saves so far.

This leaves our pool of random bunker shots who I think should save at an average rate something between 1/2 and 1 per night per random bunker with higher weighting to bunker saving on early days to reduce chances of dying with high bunker saves remaining
For the underlined part: well that assumes that the four persons we pick are ALL townies... ? Like I really have trouble imagining actually doing it? And like, I think the "if town consensus cannot be found we just let nutella choose" is kinda bad because nutella doesn't have more info than the rest of town.

And I just didn't understand the part I put in italics, sorry.

so yes, we risk wasting 3 bunker saves on night 1 if all 3 nominees are town. However this caps the bunker save cost because we dont get potential oversaving if we DONT nominate 3 and convince all of town that this is a risk evaluated measure anf quantify it for them. Nobody can trust anyone else to use a save on Nutella which has a huge risk for more than 3 town wasting saves.

re the underlined part, I dont follow your question. If we nominate 4 players to be saved, along with who is saving them, those 4 people become unkillable in the night. If they die, the alien who was supposed to save them is outed as an alien. We dont need to pick the 4 people to be saved to be town. This is why the POE kill pool for aliens would be into 6 players, and not 6 town. Aliens never kill themselves anyway, so its all blind to town. As its all blind, you can ignore whether there are actually 4, 3, 2, 1 or 0 town in the save pool. Dont know if you play poker, but when calcluating your outs, it doesnt matter that someone folded, because that is while it is deterministic as to your number of outs, you cans ignore it as all confined to the pool of unknown cards.

the bit in italics: so we spent 3 bunker saves on Nutella and 4 saves on our save pool. This leaves 3 potential bunker saves remaining. These saves are the random pool who may or may not decided to save into the alien kill poe.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:07 pm
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:33 pm Assuming about half the unallocated savers bunker into the POE, this means we get a decent shot at finding a save, AND when saved, we should be able to narrow it down to 1 to 3 people. Because there were 6 people in the POE for aliens, nobody died, and only 3 people got bunkered for example. Think how massively more helpful this is than everyone doinf their own thing and landing save where POE was 10 people. The chances of landing a save in the first place is smaller, the chance of stacking bunkers (a waste on a 1KP night), and even if you DO land a save, you now have a larger POE of potential town who got saved.
Not sure I fully follow this part. On the surface, it guarantees that the aliens will always land successful kills, because they know who is unprotected. If I understand correctly, this is desirable, as it culls the players down to a level where the Aliens will be exposed?
We dont want to allow free kills to aliens while also spending bunker saves on people who are not nutella. I want the remaining 3 bunker saves to rng whether they do make a save or not and if they do save, they know it is into a pool of 6 potential people instead of 10. Basically it makes it more likely we get a clean save if we do get a save.

Without reducing poe, aliens are killing into 10 bunkers. For sake of argument, lets say 5 people make saves within the pool of 10, and nobody dies in the night. This is good right? Not really.

We have 5 potential people who might be town. I dont think this helps Nutella make the day kills very much imo.

If we do it the alternative way, the POE is into 6, AND we get a save, there are only 1, 2, or 3, potential people who could be quaisi confirmed town. In fact, if we get spent 1 bunker save, and result in a no kill overnight, we get a confirmed town which reduces POE to Nutella which helps a ton because it gets us 1 day phase closer to auto.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:38 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm Alright @protocultures I read your math wallposts and double-checked the %.
For the first part, my conclusion about that is that, yes, from a purely statistical point of view we shouldn't get too neurotic because the odds of loosing N1 are really small. However, it's not because we could random choose who protect nutella that we should. Look at it the other way: if we random pick 3 persons, there's a 29,4% chance (if town is pew pewed D1) / 42,0% chance (if alien is pew pewed D1) to have/waste 3 bunker shots.

Now for the second part:
protocultures wrote:@
For the second part, I suggest we nominate 4 additional people to be bunker saved and identify who will save them. Nutella to nominate if town consensus cannot be found. What does this all achieve?

Without a grand plan, aliens POE into 10 bunkers plus Laser.

With this plan, aliens can ONLY POE into 6 potential players which is now also known to town.

4 of the players are "safe" due to being actually saved or proxy saved because an alien was allocated to bunker someone on a 1KP night. At this stage, we have used 7 bunker saves so far.

This leaves our pool of random bunker shots who I think should save at an average rate something between 1/2 and 1 per night per random bunker with higher weighting to bunker saving on early days to reduce chances of dying with high bunker saves remaining
For the underlined part: well that assumes that the four persons we pick are ALL townies... ? Like I really have trouble imagining actually doing it? And like, I think the "if town consensus cannot be found we just let nutella choose" is kinda bad because nutella doesn't have more info than the rest of town.

And I just didn't understand the part I put in italics, sorry.

so yes, we risk wasting 3 bunker saves on night 1 if all 3 nominees are town. However this caps the bunker save cost because we dont get potential oversaving if we DONT nominate 3 and convince all of town that this is a risk evaluated measure anf quantify it for them. Nobody can trust anyone else to use a save on Nutella which has a huge risk for more than 3 town wasting saves.

re the underlined part, I dont follow your question. If we nominate 4 players to be saved, along with who is saving them, those 4 people become unkillable in the night. If they die, the alien who was supposed to save them is outed as an alien. We dont need to pick the 4 people to be saved to be town. This is why the POE kill pool for aliens would be into 6 players, and not 6 town. Aliens never kill themselves anyway, so its all blind to town. As its all blind, you can ignore whether there are actually 4, 3, 2, 1 or 0 town in the save pool. Dont know if you play poker, but when calcluating your outs, it doesnt matter that someone folded, because that is while it is deterministic as to your number of outs, you cans ignore it as all confined to the pool of unknown cards.

the bit in italics: so we spent 3 bunker saves on Nutella and 4 saves on our save pool. This leaves 3 potential bunker saves remaining. These saves are the random pool who may or may not decided to save into the alien kill poe.
you know what, I talk about math but cant count how mahy players are in the game. You are correct, we dont reduce POE into 6 players unless we nominate 4 bunkers to be saved.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

in fact, i hate the whole concept of a public save pool now that it makes it 10 instead of 6. It wastes too many bunker saves and wish I could delete a lot of posts to hide my shameful math fail.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

well I'm now glad that protocultures has now discovered that this plan does not work in general. I think it's marginally better to take 3 from bottom of poe + 1 chosen over 3 randomly, since I value the saves of those groups both less -- middle poe people have the most valuable saves on average.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I also think this game is sorting very easily and day 1 hasn't started yet which is usually a bad sign
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

usually a bad sign = usually I'm wrong about how things are going. but I'd be happy to be right
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:11 am Fortunately most peoples' opinions on who's bunker or alien mean dick squat. Aw, you suspect me? That's cute.
LC is a good'un.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Epignosis »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:53 am
Hi.

I'm Epignosis. :grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Heists”