36%

Total votes: 11
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 pm What I'm doing is not a pre-flip association. A pre-flip association is weak because it is susceptible to exactly what Wisp said. If Hally is scum only they have an association with FG and I think FG is scum, then my reads are a house of cards - if FG flips town then the Hally read is totally invalidated.

But that is not what I am doing. I am pointing to a behavior that they are both engaging in - awkward interaction - and saying that it is behavior that reflects badly on both of them and makes them both more likely to be scum.

Also Hally admitted themselves that the interaction was awkward - they said "it's a good case if not for the fact that I'm town", which they wouldn't say if they didn't agree that the interaction was in fact awkward and did to some degree make them both look like scum buddies.
i was being cheeky when i said it was a good theory :p
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I kinda want to TR sabie but I don’t have much confidence in an early tone read there. Definitely high end of the POE for me tho, like in the alison/FG/Tony grouping probably
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:34 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:55 pm Why did nobody pick up my theory when I mentioned it and then everyone goes from online and present for the GTH game to vanishing immediately when I mentioned it again
this sentiment of “why isnt anyone paying attention to my ideas” is >rand town ime because town actually care about getting people to engage with their ideas

not unfakeable but its a ~good sign
Hard disagree coming from alison imo
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Wisp[/mention] your reads seem to be quite against-the-grain for the moment. You don't agree on much with your town reads. What do you think is going on there?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 pm Fair or not I expect Hally to be better at the game than getting caught off “awkward convo with a partner early D1”
this is an accurate expectation :p
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 138
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:29 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:29 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:20 pm Also yes I agree there’s very likely at least one if not more scum in the zero to very low posters.
literally rand%
Why is that equal to a random distribution?
if we assume a 3:1 wolf ratio, there's likely at least a wolf in the low - no posters.

anyways everyone except you have too many "bads" to make sense really. 1. and 2. where the hell did spacedaisy's reads even come from? or the sprityo reads. are you guys really gonna miskill him again? i think the blanket suspicion is a good look imo but eh it's too early to form any type of read on that slot

y'all

y'all
and if you don't think this is a bad look then go ahead and prove me wrong-- ask everyone in your town core to substantiate their reads
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by KitsuShel »

Ok, so. I’ve finally gotten through the entire thread. And this basically boils down to y’all chatting/arguing with each other and metagaming the first day? Or am I misreading?

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:37 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 pm Fair or not I expect Hally to be better at the game than getting caught off “awkward convo with a partner early D1”
this is an accurate expectation :p
I mean it’s complimentary so I didn’t think you’d mind :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:44 pm I was surprised by how many I am feeling wishy washy about.
towny post
literally caught a wolf in a turbo last night off the same thing
wdym?

KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:37 pm Ok, so. I’ve finally gotten through the entire thread. And this basically boils down to y’all chatting/arguing with each other and metagaming the first day? Or am I misreading?
Basically yes
Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 520

Post by Millium »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:20 pm Also yes I agree there’s very likely at least one if not more scum in the zero to very low posters.
literally rand%
if we assume a 3:1 wolf ratio, there's likely at least a wolf in the low - no posters.

anyways everyone except you have too many "bads" to make sense really. 1. and 2. where the hell did spacedaisy's reads even come from? or the sprityo reads. are you guys really gonna miskill him again? i think the blanket suspicion is a good look imo but eh it's too early to form any type of read on that slot

y'all

y'all
why are you overreacting? How is he a mis-kill?
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

literally rand%

y'all

y'all
It’s Day 0, I lean bad on people that I feel null about. Why would I be more trusting of people this early in the game?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:32 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 am if im being as generous as i can i can call these people town

epi
jay
wisp
space
nanook
tony
alison
sabie

this already feels like too many town reads for this stage in the game, but that’s par for the course for me. i promise i’ll reevaluate at some point :p
where does the town read on sabie come from? Had you brought it up before?
i liked her vibe

I’m prepared to townread kits for the time being #parentsunitedfront
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:34 pm if we assume a 3:1 wolf ratio, there's likely at least a wolf in the low - no posters.

y'all

y'all
I'm not sure I have enough bads in there. How many mafia are there?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pm I’m prepared to townread kits for the time being #parentsunitedfront
I’m only half joking I do think kits is kinda townie
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:37 pm Ok, so. I’ve finally gotten through the entire thread. And this basically boils down to y’all chatting/arguing with each other and metagaming the first day? Or am I misreading?
its mafia? what should we be doing?
and what do you mean by meta-gaming?

if you are talking about mechanical reads
I got Hally at claiming miller
and whoever the dude that claimed doctor, as bad day 1 lynches
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

literally rand%

y'all

y'all
im not really understanding what you’re up in arms about?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm
literally rand%

y'all

y'all
1. not overreacting.

2. sprityo was killed last game i played because he was magically scum read by everyone except me basically. and he flipped town. do i think he's town now? i mean not necessarily. he's null for me
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pm I’m prepared to townread kits for the time being #parentsunitedfront
I’m only half joking I do think kits is kinda townie
ok boomer
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

For the most part I think this has been about getting reads on each other. The game started somewhat spammy, but it has solidified into a well-oiled machine of Mafia work. Some of that is arguing and some of that metagaming, but not all of it. Do you have feelings about any players after catching up?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:36 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:55 pm Why did nobody pick up my theory when I mentioned it and then everyone goes from online and present for the GTH game to vanishing immediately when I mentioned it again
this sentiment of “why isnt anyone paying attention to my ideas” is >rand town ime because town actually care about getting people to engage with their ideas

fair
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by KitsuShel »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm
Basically yes
Cool, cool. Makes sense. I’m unfamiliar with a few terms being batted around, is there a glossary on this site somewhere? I think I get the gist for the most part, though.

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Using meta is metagaming

Wilgy claims doctor in first post almost every game, he’s literally a doctor.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm
literally rand%

y'all

y'all
It’s Day 0, I lean bad on people that I feel null about. Why would I be more trusting of people this early in the game?
why not say null then??? this makes you appear like you have more of an opinion on players than you do. i'm not saying to be more trusting-- what i'm getting at is i don't trust *your* reads.

KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm
Basically yes
Cool, cool. Makes sense. I’m unfamiliar with a few terms being batted around, is there a glossary on this site somewhere? I think I get the gist for the most part, though.
Not that I’m aware of but lots of us are happy to help with any lingo

Learning a new sites terminology can be pretty daunting/irritating sometimes!
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm
literally rand%

y'all

y'all
i don't trust early game town cores
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ftr i think wigly’s doc claim is a meme. it’s in his name :p
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Using meta is metagaming

Wilgy claims doctor in first post almost every game, he’s literally a doctor.
LOL, I was so confused for a second. I was wondering how I missed someone claiming Doctor. Now it makes sense, I’m so used to it I don’t even think about it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:34 pm if we assume a 3:1 wolf ratio, there's likely at least a wolf in the low - no posters.

y'all

y'all
I'm not sure I have enough bads in there. How many mafia are there?
eh i think not enough has happened for people to suspect have the game. and idk how many wolves there are i'm just going with the golden 3:1 ratio
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm
literally rand%

y'all

y'all
why not say null then??? this makes you appear like you have more of an opinion on players than you do. i'm not saying to be more trusting-- what i'm getting at is i don't trust *your* reads.
not having nulls is quite literally the point of the gth excercise
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

literally rand%

y'all

y'all
Because I’m GTH reads you aren’t allowed to say null. It’s literally just a split second knee jerk response. That’s why we are substantiating them, we are just feeling out the gut reactions of ourselves and everyone else. Sometimes it gives away someone who is bad.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

this makes no sense

if you believe that town hally can have awkward interactions with someone then you should also believe scum hally can have awkward interactions with someone

it's not like scum hally has a switch to turn off the awkwardness, and I generally believe that having to fake organic back and forths with a partner amps up the awkwardness
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm
Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm
literally rand%

y'all

y'all
1. not overreacting.

2. sprityo was killed last game i played because he was magically scum read by everyone except me basically. and he flipped town. do i think he's town now? i mean not necessarily. he's null for me
is he even being voted though, was my point?
that sounds like a him problem

[mention]Hally[/mention]
I take hard-claims very seriously :shrug:
also has he even come back yet

I guess that explains why nobody was phased by it
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

literally rand%

y'all

y'all
why? who specifically do you not trust?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ok fine w/e im not used to this gth stuff
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:45 pm
this makes no sense

if you believe that town hally can have awkward interactions with someone then you should also believe scum hally can have awkward interactions with someone

it's not like scum hally has a switch to turn off the awkwardness, and I generally believe that having to fake organic back and forths with a partner amps up the awkwardness
^^^

Nanook is full of these mediocre reads, that mean absolutely nothing
where is this interaction again? I still wanna read it
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:45 pm
literally rand%

y'all

y'all
why? who specifically do you not trust?
lots of early game reads are based on meta and tone which makes it easy for a scum to get town read early game

anyways first of all i dont trust jjj
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

this makes no sense

i would never give a teammate away like that if i was a wolf. take that for what you will

also im town :p
Alison

Post by Alison »

I would probably do this as scum yeah

really I think in general if I make a post it's because I want people to read that post and pay attention to it and that goes as either alignment so obviously I'd bring it up if everyone ignores it

there are special circumstances where I don't want people to read the posts I write but those are rare and this isn't one of them

this makes no sense

I don’t think this is true 🤷‍♀️

I mean I get why you do, but I disagree, ime decent scum players are less likely to have awkward interactions both in general and specifically with their partner(s).
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

jjj more like fff, 1 f for each person who has to be his wolf partner

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:46 pm
this makes no sense

^^^

Nanook is full of these mediocre reads, that mean absolutely nothing
where is this interaction again? I still wanna read it
I mean they’re usually correct, so 🤷‍♀️
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm jjj more like fff, 1 f for each person who has to be his wolf partner
Your read on me is fake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:47 pm

really I think in general if I make a post it's because I want people to read that post and pay attention to it and that goes as either alignment so obviously I'd bring it up if everyone ignores it

there are special circumstances where I don't want people to read the posts I write but those are rare and this isn't one of them
ok, town points revoked :p
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:49 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm jjj more like fff, 1 f for each person who has to be his wolf partner
Your read on me is fake.
you're fake

i bet your name isn't even jack

“What do you think about carot?”

“I think I’m on to something with carot can you comment on that?”

“Ok but what about carot?”

;)
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 pm

;)
oh

right

i forgot she did that
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:46 pm ok fine w/e im not used to this gth stuff
I am struggling to decide if I think your tone is coming from a baddie that feels caught by they didn’t expect, or a civ who is frustrated that others see the game differently than they do.

It doesn’t help that I’ve never played with you before.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 pm

;)
exactly

I wanted everyone to see how hard I was gamesolving and pushing Carot! And hopefully maybe even get her mislasered! I wanted people to pay attention to my posts, which I want as all alignments! If I don't want people to pay attention to my posts I just won't make them.

Return to “Previous Jobs”