X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Re: X-Men [Day 1]

Post by dodo »

White Queen wrote: So who do you suspect?
I suspect Deathlok for his vote for Scarlet Witch, as I feel good about her and his vote seems to me to be based on nothing.

I suspect quiet people who voted for School without much comment. Blendy blendy.

I have far from made up my mind yet, though.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Have you an opinion on Rasputin? Since you seem to agree with Spiral on Deathlok? And blendy is relative, especially on Day Zero. I usually wait until day two for calling blendy, after a real lynch, not just an option poll.
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

LOLOLOL

Was this done on purpose?
Spiral wrote:I don't think that Scarlet Witch should receive votes for her post and use of pronouns. I find it highly gender normative. Not everyone has to be assumed male until proven otherwise. That's dumb. I am sure there are other posts where the pronoun "he" or some other male gendered pronoun is used, and no one jumped on that. Dumb if you ask me.
and then 10 minutes later:
The Vision wrote:I'm likely going to vote for Marrow. I just read his posts. His first post of the game he says he knows nothing
about the Xmen. He then apparently read up on wikipedia about his avatar or something and spent every other post so far defending Morlocks' honour. Every post but this one:
Marrow wrote:
Deathlok wrote:Marrow, I have no issue with Morlocks.

:confused: SEBASTIAN SHAW MAY NOT BE A SOCK! He has posts in Harry Potter, Grimm's, and American Gods too!!!! Maybe others.

Also, he took my plan of voting first.

What the heck is going on here? :omg:
He's on the poll, he must be a player!

I find him more suspicious than the whole misgendering debacle. That seems like a textbook definition of drumming up a case out of nothing. I'm notoriously bad at genders. I usually call people with male pronouns out of sheer laziness.
So here Marrow lists Sebastian Shaw as suspicious, but he eventually decides to namedrop that he thinks Avalanche is DH and votes him instead. You know, for the honour of Morlock kind.

Marrow feels like someone who isn't particularly caring about what happens in the game, and early on that's often a baddie.
So Spiral says that misgendering isn't that big of a deal and then says that its "dumb" to even bring it up. And then 10 minutes later The Vision comes in and calls Marrow(A female character) a he NINE times in one post?

:haha:

So, The Vision, were you trying to be funny or were you trying to drive home Spiral's point?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

and BTW Sebastian Shaw is most definitely a sock. Shaw is a very famous villain in the X-Men universe.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

White Queen wrote:Have you an opinion on Rasputin? Since you seem to agree with Spiral on Deathlok? And blendy is relative, especially on Day Zero. I usually wait until day two for calling blendy, after a real lynch, not just an option poll.
I rather doubt that Rasputin is bad. I think if he were, he would have either voted for a more popular option or said more about his vote. Seems like a civ who's not paying much attention to me.

Your turn: who are you looking at today and why?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

I was trying to make this post about an hour ago but was having problems with the site...
Deathlok wrote:
So I'm gonna go ahead and vote Scarlett Witch. If she's lynched, at best we've caught a baddie and her male friend, at worst I'll more or less feel like I can trust Polaris. Either outcome is better than the traditional Night 1 "Oh, we lynched a civvie and have no information about potential baddies, either."
I just don't see the gender thing being that big of a deal. I am going ahead and putting a vote on you for now at least.
Epignosis wrote:
Polaris wrote:Mr. Epi, are real identies revealed in BTSC?
They are, even if I didn't want them to be. :disappoint:
Frustrating when people don't follow the rules. That has been happening a lot lately in games. Epignosis, are they being punished?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

Sunfire wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Polaris wrote:Mr. Epi, are real identies revealed in BTSC?
They are, even if I didn't want them to be. :disappoint:
Frustrating when people don't follow the rules. That has been happening a lot lately in games. Epignosis, are they being punished?
Maybe. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote:Have you an opinion on Rasputin? Since you seem to agree with Spiral on Deathlok? And blendy is relative, especially on Day Zero. I usually wait until day two for calling blendy, after a real lynch, not just an option poll.
I rather doubt that Rasputin is bad. I think if he were, he would have either voted for a more popular option or said more about his vote. Seems like a civ who's not paying much attention to me.

As I said earlier today I was looking at Spiral. He singled out Rasputin for buddying up to you, yet does not list you amongst his suspicions. He does list Deathlok, but does not say why. Indeed, he never even mentioned him until the post where he said he wished to vote for him. I am not getting happy feelings from you either, which I am sure you know.

And I rather agree about Rasputin, it seems a foolhardy risk were you and he teammates, although lets see what he and the other single post people have to say, if anything, today. His vote would be no more suspicious than Cables vote for the Cape, nor Dominos for the Asteroid M were it not for the association it made with you.

As for the misgender thing, I think that Polaris is rather a neutral name, and if Scarlet were a woman, as am I, she might not note big boobish avatars. I also am missing, however, how pointing out possible slips is bad behavior, either.
Assault
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Holy crackers lol. I'm just now catching up because of work this weekend. I don't feel like I have a particular person that has stood out to me being odd besides Avalanche's continuous rant of Morlock's tunnel needing votes, but I don't think it's evidence to say he's bad but it pings me a tad.
As for Scarlet Witch and the pronoun fiasco: I see both sides of the argument where it would be an easy slip up having BTSC if true, but it also could have just been a common error when typing.

So I'm unclear who I should vote for today, but would love the discussion to maybe bring us more insight. Lucky for me, I don't work today so I can actually keep up with the forum lol
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

White Queen wrote:I am not getting happy feelings from you either, which I am sure you know.
That's a shame, because I am one of the most happy-feelingest guys you will ever meet.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

Avalanche wrote:
Mojo wrote: Just read the day 0 posts again and it seems that it was brought up quite a few times that Morlocks aren't necessarily bad guys, as this was pointed out numerous times to Avalanche he just ignored it, or didn't care. As he also ignored the fact that if he really wanted to fight bad guys he would go to where the brotherhoods base is actually located, not to the tunnels to fight some mutants that haven't harmed us.
They are bad guys. It's not my fault you haven't seen the Time Machine.
How does that have anything to do with the x-men universe?
Fractal
sprityo
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Havok wrote:LOLOLOL

Was this done on purpose?
Spiral wrote:I don't think that Scarlet Witch should receive votes for her post and use of pronouns. I find it highly gender normative. Not everyone has to be assumed male until proven otherwise. That's dumb. I am sure there are other posts where the pronoun "he" or some other male gendered pronoun is used, and no one jumped on that.
So, The Vision, were you trying to be funny or were you trying to drive home Spiral's point?
LOL sadly that wasn't deliberate, I don't know anything about Marrow from the comics. I agree with people saying that voting someone for a pronoun glitch in a sock game, especially on Day 1, is misguided.
Reporting
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am seeking a replacement if anyone is interested. PM me and let me know.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote:I am not getting happy feelings from you either, which I am sure you know.
That's a shame, because I am one of the most happy-feelingest guys you will ever meet.
Yes, you are rather charming. So was Ted Bundy, I am told.

Sunfire wrote:I was trying to make this post about an hour ago but was having problems with the site...
Deathlok wrote:
So I'm gonna go ahead and vote Scarlett Witch. If she's lynched, at best we've caught a baddie and her male friend, at worst I'll more or less feel like I can trust Polaris. Either outcome is better than the traditional Night 1 "Oh, we lynched a civvie and have no information about potential baddies, either."
I just don't see the gender thing being that big of a deal. I am going ahead and putting a vote on you for now at least.
Sunfire, just curious. If you don't think it's that big of a deal, why are you voting based on it? Do you think pointing potential slips out is a baddie move? I myself don't agree with his suspicion at this point, based on that reason, but I do not see why he is bad for having such a suspicion. I have seen baddies make similar slips, it is not unheard of.
Assault
SmashKings
SmashKings Host
Posts in topic: 45

Post by SmashKings »

Busy couple of days, need to catch up properly as I've only really skimmed. I think Avalanche was just seeking attention on day 0 with the whole Morlock thing, and in isolation I don't see it as particularly ping-worthy. There are lots of reasons to be an attention seeker. Regarding Polaris and anyone else who was called by the 'wrong' gender, it's just barely possible that it could've been a slip from knowing their true identity but it's far more likely in my opinion not to have been. Nine times out of ten when referring to an unfamiliar (or disguised) player whose gender is unknown people say he because it's one letter shorter than she and for some reason everyone is presumed male on the internet.

I'm quite curious about those who voted with no explanation, especially if it was their only or last post. Not saying that's where I'll definitely look for a vote, but it might be where I start.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

White Queen wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
Yes, you are rather charming. So was Ted Bundy, I am told.

Sunfire wrote:I was trying to make this post about an hour ago but was having problems with the site...
Deathlok wrote:
Sunfire, just curious. If you don't think it's that big of a deal, why are you voting based on it? Do you think pointing potential slips out is a baddie move? I myself don't agree with his suspicion at this point, based on that reason, but I do not see why he is bad for having such a suspicion. I have seen baddies make similar slips, it is not unheard of.
I think pointing out potential slips may be something scum would do to keep attention away from them. I am not saying that is definitely what is going on here, but it is a bit of something to go on. It IS only Day 1.
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Sockys2023 »

White Queen wrote:
Sunfire wrote: I just don't see the gender thing being that big of a deal. I am going ahead and putting a vote on you for now at least.
White Queen wrote:I also am missing, however, how pointing out possible slips is bad behavior, either.
Thank you! I also see why people would not agree with my suspicion, and that's fine. Personally, I think it's the best Day 1 suspicion I've had in a while, and I clearly articulated why in my earlier post. I am having trouble with why having that suspicion makes people think I'm bad, and I don't think anyone has said why yet. It's been all "Well, doing that seems kinda baddie...I'm suddenly considering voting Deathlok." and NOT all "Here's why it looks bad to me."

I won't be back on before the poll ends (busy day).

Linki: Yay, I was hoping I'd hear from Sunfire. I think you're using the opposite of logic, whatever that is. Isn't pointing out slips and finding baddies the entire point of the game?? I'd say if I wasn't doing so I would certainly be a baddie.

I also dislike that you're distancing yourself from your vote and using the "it's only Day 1, anyway" thing. If you're sure enough I'm bad to vote for me, stand up for your opinion!
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

Sunfire wrote: I think pointing out potential slips may be something scum would do to keep attention away from them. I am not saying that is definitely what is going on here, but it is a bit of something to go on. It IS only Day 1.
Pointing out slips can come from all sides, but from what I've seen so far it's been mostly from civilians so it's irrelevant. The idea is to sit down and analyze the claim and see if it's worth taking into consideration for a potential lynch. A gender related slip seems plausible given that the host confirmed that people have outed themselves in the chat, but I think in this particular case it is unlikely that's what had happened. Polaris is a gender ambiguous name and if you don't pay attention to avatars, it is easy to make the mistake.
Supervisor
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Banshee wrote:he's been somewhat attractive
White Queen wrote: Yes, you are rather charming.
Look at me, racking up the compliments!

I like you guys too. :hugs:
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Saito »

Deathlok wrote:So I'm gonna go ahead and vote Scarlett Witch. If she's lynched, at best we've caught a baddie and her male friend, at worst I'll more or less feel like I can trust Polaris. Either outcome is better than the traditional Night 1 "Oh, we lynched a civvie and have no information about potential baddies, either."
While I do understand your reasoning I disagree with it since it has led you to vote for me.

But worst case scenario is not that you would more or less trust Polaris.
Worst case scenario would be that you helped lynch a civ and would be under the gun day 2, with no time to more or less trust Polaris :p

I don't really have anything to add here that I have not already said. I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth and say all that talk about Sebastian Shaw was quite hilarious!!

Avalanche - you were all over the place with your Morlock talk day 0 and still talking about it today. I am not one to vote solely on day 0 poll stuff but if the weird attraction to Morlocks continues then you may get my vote day 2. What conformists are you talking about when you use that word? All 10 school voters?

There are parts of this thread I do not wish to ever read or see on this forum ever again. Enough said about that.

we still have plenty of time so I will be waiting to vote and using this time to take a closer look at the thread than I just did.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Scarlet Witch wrote: Avalanche - you were all over the place with your Morlock talk day 0 and still talking about it today. I am not one to vote solely on day 0 poll stuff but if the weird attraction to Morlocks continues then you may get my vote day 2. What conformists are you talking about when you use that word? All 10 school voters?
I only keep mentioning them because people keep asking about them. Stop asking and I will stop mentioning.

I am a big believer, especially given patterns in recent games, that the path to baddie victory lies in not being conspicuous. Someone recently pointed out that the baddies have been winning most games recently. This happens because the civvies make the same mistake over and over without learning: they lynch the person they notice, rather than the person they don't. People can get noticed for all sorts of reasons: being an active baddie hunter, thinking out loud, or just generally wanting to have fun in the thread. People don't get noticed when they go with the crowd, make the obvious choices, and talk a little, but not too much.

It is my belief that at least some of the baddies quietly voted for the option everyone else was voting for. Made a token comment about how it seemed logical and moved on, unnoticed. I do not trust these people and it is likely one of them will receive my vote unless I need to defend myself, which it looks like I may have to do.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I can think of at least one game played on this site where the baddies won, and they were also the high posters, more than one, actually. Baddies all play different games, and good baddies play each game differently. It is not all about winning, it is also about playing the best possible game.

There is no one "generic baddie formula".

It is my belief that at least some of the civvies quietly voted for the option everyone else was voting for. Made a token comment about how it seemed logical and moved on, unnoticed. Because it was a Day Zero poll and that is how most people vote in Day Zero polls regardless of affiliation.
Assault
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

White Queen wrote: There is no one "generic baddie formula".
I agree with this.

Why are you fixated on my vote so much? There are 24 other players you could be asking to justify their votes to you. I have given my opinion and I stand by it.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I think pointing out potential slips may be something scum would do to keep attention away from them. I am not saying that is definitely what is going on here, but it is a bit of something to go on. It IS only Day 1.
Pointing out slips in general is not an indicator of alignment. Pointing out really weak slips on Day 1 can be, though. Often on Day 1 if nothing obvious is happening, you can find the baddies by looking for those trying to start a lynch movement for silly reasons. So I can see the logic of eyeing Deathlok.
Reporting
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

The Vision is making a lot of sense this game.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host
Posts in topic: 45

Post by SmashKings »

I'm due to go out in a bit and I'm not sure if I'll get back before the deadline. Gonna throw my vote down on Domino for now - she showed up, voted for Asteroid M (Magneto's base!), then disappeared and hasn't been seen since. If I get a chance to change my vote later and have a reason to then I'll see but as of now that's what I'm doing.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

I have asked Sebastian Shaw to explain his* voice twice now and still he hasn't answered, not to mention he didn't put up a reason in the first place. We haven't had a night so it can't be a force and he can't be silenced so I'm wary. I'm going to put a vote on him for the time being and see if he shows up before the lynch.

Also, I don't see Avalanche as bad because I don't feel like a baddie would draw this much attention to himself (maybe s/he's fooling me and doing that because s/he knows some people will say s/he wouldn't do it) and if s/he's fooling me I've learned a lesson about whoever s/he is.

I also think the "he" was just a gender mistake. I probably would have called Polaris he as well. I don't pay attention much to avatars and would probably default to he since i wouldn't have known any better.

*I'm making the assumption someone named Sebastian is a he.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Longshot wrote:I have asked Sebastian Shaw to explain his* voice twice now and still he hasn't answered, not to mention he didn't put up a reason in the first place. We haven't had a night so it can't be a force and he can't be silenced so I'm wary. I'm going to put a vote on him for the time being and see if he shows up before the lynch.

Also, I don't see Avalanche as bad because I don't feel like a baddie would draw this much attention to himself (maybe s/he's fooling me and doing that because s/he knows some people will say s/he wouldn't do it) and if s/he's fooling me I've learned a lesson about whoever s/he is.

I also think the "he" was just a gender mistake. I probably would have called Polaris he as well. I don't pay attention much to avatars and would probably default to he since i wouldn't have known any better.

You asked someone who has made 2 posts in the game one of which looks like a random vote for today to explain his vote?
He said that his avi looked like Spiderman but he thinks he is bad - so what kind of explanation are you looking for?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I forgot to add I don't think you will probably not get an answer from such a low poster :p
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Scarlet Witch wrote:
Longshot wrote:I have asked Sebastian Shaw to explain his* voice twice now and still he hasn't answered, not to mention he didn't put up a reason in the first place. We haven't had a night so it can't be a force and he can't be silenced so I'm wary. I'm going to put a vote on him for the time being and see if he shows up before the lynch.

You asked someone who has made 2 posts in the game one of which looks like a random vote for today to explain his vote?
He said that his avi looked like Spiderman but he thinks he is bad - so what kind of explanation are you looking for?
I am looking for a real reason. I took what he said as a joke.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Scarlet Witch wrote:I forgot to add I don't think you will probably not get an answer from such a low poster :p
I would expect anyone to answer if someone votes for them, low poster or not.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

A little more than two hours to go and a lot of votes still to come in. Please don't lynch me, guys.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

White Queen wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
Mojo wrote: Just read the day 0 posts again and it seems that it was brought up quite a few times that Morlocks aren't necessarily bad guys, as this was pointed out numerous times to Avalanche he just ignored it, or didn't care. As he also ignored the fact that if he really wanted to fight bad guys he would go to where the brotherhoods base is actually located, not to the tunnels to fight some mutants that haven't harmed us.
They are bad guys. It's not my fault you haven't seen the Time Machine.
Actually, I have both seen and read it. Quoted from Wikipedia (since it is waaaaaay more concise than I could ever be:
When he first encounters a Morlock, the Time Traveler begins to piece together a new image of the future world of the year 802,701 AD. The Morlocks and the Eloi have something of a symbiotic relationship: the Eloi are clothed and fed by the Morlocks, and in return, the Morlocks eat the Eloi. The Time Traveler perceives this, and suggests that the Eloi–Morlock relationship developed from a class distinction present in his own time: the Morlocks are the working class who had to work underground so that the rich upper class could live in luxury.
Basically the Morlock are livestock farmers. Icky? Yes? Evil? Not particularly. Plus as has been pointed out a zillion times already, they are not in this game. You railing against them would me like me railing against the New Yorkers (since NYC was another poll option). Can New Yorkers suck? 100%. Can they be lynched or NK me in this game? Absolutely not.

I really want to give you the BOTD, but this is starting to feel like a huge distraction.
Spiral wrote:If I had to vote it'd likely be for Rasputin, who's one and only post was to say they were voting for Morlock tunnels.
These are the single posts of Cable and Domino. You do not mention them; so the Morlock connection is why you suspect Rasputin? So you also suspect Avalanche? Since the only reason for thinking Rasputins vote was suspicious is the fact that he made it soon after Avalanche asked someone to go to the tunnels with him, I would think you think they go together.
Cable wrote:Voted for cape citadel because capes are usually nice. :shrug:
Domino wrote:Voted Asteroid M because it sounds the coolest.
Here you address Avalanche, but do not seem to suspect him, saying you want to vote for Deathlok or Rasputin. This is your only mention of Deathlok (and I searched it as Deathlok, and Deathlock). So why Deathlok, whom you have never mentioned? And why not Avalanche? Since you are explaining to him why people think he looks bad and all.
Spiral wrote:Avalanche, I think the concern comes from why you don't have the same fervor with fighting the actual baddies.

I'd like to either vote for Deathlock or Rasputin
TBH, I am seriously considering a vote for you.
What the hell? I literally talked about how misgendering shouldn't be a big deal in this game and then I said I suspected the main proponent of that theory. That is why I suspect Deathlok. I didn't make it as obvious as I should have, sure, but you (claiming to have searched my posts) must've seen that, right?
White Queen wrote:
Avalanche wrote:

As I said earlier today I was looking at Spiral. He singled out Rasputin for buddying up to you, yet does not list you amongst his suspicions. He does list Deathlok, but does not say why. Indeed, he never even mentioned him until the post where he said he wished to vote for him. I am not getting happy feelings from you either, which I am sure you know.
Because I thought it was weird that someone just came along and voted with Avalanche. I am unsure of Avalanche.
The Vision wrote:
Pointing out slips in general is not an indicator of alignment. Pointing out really weak slips on Day 1 can be, though. Often on Day 1 if nothing obvious is happening, you can find the baddies by looking for those trying to start a lynch movement for silly reasons. So I can see the logic of eyeing Deathlok.
^^^^^^^^!

*votes accordingly*
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Avalanche wrote:A little more than two hours to go and a lot of votes still to come in. Please don't lynch me, guys.
The poll ends in 13 minutes?
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

wait... i never updated my timezone on this thing.
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Avalanche wrote:
Exodus wrote: I thought I understood what you were doing when you were causing chaos, but I thought that was through once you posted this. Unless I am misinterpreting this post and your actions, you've revealed why you were talking about the Morlocks (for reasons such as analyzing reactions, which I can't disagree with). But why is it that you've only really said that you're going to be looking at conformists but have yet to actually give thoughts on the people who have villain-ized you (unless I missed them, please let me know if I have)? Or who are acting as conformists (I don't even know what that means lol). Now you're back to talking about Morlocks, and you never really accomplished what I thought you were out to do. I just don't understand.
Hi there! I am happy to address your post.

First, I was not pushing that option to analyze reactions or anything similar. I was pushing it because I wanted to fight Morlocks. I feel like I could not have been more clear on this point.

Second, by conformists I do not mean the people villainizing me, I mean the people trying to blend in, particularly by voting for the "obvious" choice of school. You want thoughts? I'll give you thoughts.

I feel good about Scarlet Witc, despite her suspicion of me, and I feel good about Dazzler. I feel less good about Havok with a k, because I thought the pronoun thing looked scapegoaty. I haven't formed opinions of the others yet. I am watching.
Thanks for explaining. So you keep mentioning these conformists (which now I have a better understanding of what you mean) and it would not be a bad idea to look into it. But why exactly haven't you? Unless you have after this post, I haven't completely caught up. I saw you say you would be voting for someone who chose the school but again, you're not naming these players which kind of comes across like you don't want to make accusations.

At the same time you're suspecting Havok, though. I don't really agree with this accusation for the time being. The only thing I have noticed is he was very helpful at the beginning (same as Vision, I think it was?) and that could be baddies trying to look helpful and productive but Havok came across genuine to me because it sounded like he is a fan of the flavor/theme.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Exodus wrote: Thanks for explaining. So you keep mentioning these conformists (which now I have a better understanding of what you mean) and it would not be a bad idea to look into it. But why exactly haven't you? Unless you have after this post, I haven't completely caught up. I saw you say you would be voting for someone who chose the school but again, you're not naming these players which kind of comes across like you don't want to make accusations.

At the same time you're suspecting Havok, though. I don't really agree with this accusation for the time being. The only thing I have noticed is he was very helpful at the beginning (same as Vision, I think it was?) and that could be baddies trying to look helpful and productive but Havok came across genuine to me because it sounded like he is a fan of the flavor/theme.
Havok has answered my objections to my satisfaction. I will not be voting for him today.

Regarding your other point, honestly I haven't wanted to invest a lot of leg work into drawing up cases on the school voters yet, because I foresaw that I would probably be lynched today, or at the very least would need to vote defensively. With that in mind, I prefer to wait and see if more evidence presents itself before drawing conclusions.

Sherlock Holmes was always careful not to prematurely make assumptions based on insufficient data, because that could then lead to a confirmation bias when new evidence presented itself. In my current situation, it would not be logical for me to single out a conformist who has given me nothing to go on, when I will not be able to vote for them anyway.

That being said, here are the school voters minus the ones that I have a gut civ feeling about. I am keeping an eye on these folks.
Banshee
Bastion
Deadpool
Exodus
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Sunfire
White Queen

I do not think Dazzler or Scarlet are bad.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I do have to agree the bad guys are probably the ones being more quiet. There are technically 10 bad guys if you count the Indies, which look rather bad to me considering they are villains from the series lol. So, hopefully whoever is chosen, there will be a high chance we get 1 of the 10 lynched.

Linki Avalanche
I like I said, don't feel sold on even voting for you at all today, just felt a ping from your behavior. But, if you want to keep an eye on me then that's fine.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mojo wrote:I was a bit confused in my earlier post about Avalanche and going to the Morlock tunnels. I have revised my opinion a bit on the matter here. :derp:

Just read the day 0 posts again and it seems that it was brought up quite a few times that Morlocks aren't necessarily bad guys, as this was pointed out numerous times to Avalanche he just ignored it, or didn't care. As he also ignored the fact that if he really wanted to fight bad guys he would go to where the brotherhoods base is actually located, not to the tunnels to fight some mutants that haven't harmed us.

So I am voting for Avalanche.
What? I am really lost at this vote. You just did a very quick turn around. You said you agreed about looking at conformists, yet ultimately, this decision is the exact opposite. I do not follow this decision. My vote may have just found its place.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I have to go. I wish the day did not end so early but I voted for Mojo
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

I don't get to use the computer a lot. I feel like Deadpool is bad so I voted for him. I said who I think is bad, but you didn't even say who you think is bad. :shrug:
Lunalee
nutella
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

So I am on the potential blendy baddie list, am I Avalanche? How did I know this was coming :p

In any case, I am well worth watching, if I must say so myself

See that expression on my face? Srs bsns, I am.

@Exodus; I believe Mojo said he reread, and that caused him to change his mind.
Assault
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

I would have liked to hear more from Shadowcat because I really didn't like this post and it's what bugged me the most so far.
Shadowcat wrote:Sorry I haven't been around much. I am quite busy fighting supervillians, and will continue to be doing so for a few days. I will try to make some time when I can though.

I thought it was very interesting how Avalance really kept pushing the Morlock Tunnels, when I felt like we had sound logic/advice not to do so. Not sure if he has an ulterior motive or was just being goofy, but I would lean towards the first one. I also thought this was interesting.
Bastion wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote: Do you have a motive for wanting people to not go to the school?
Yes. My motive is that I don't want to go there. I want to fight Morlocks.
Why do you want to fight a group of outcasts when the leader of the brotherhood base is on the list?
If you're going to go fight someone, this option makes a lot more sense.

As for the Polaris having an ID thing, I think we'll need more information before we start putting that puzzle together.
I'll be placing my vote here today.
Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Marrow stays on my list, but since a vote there seems meaningless at this time, I'll vote for Deathlok. Going after someone for getting a pronoun wrong in a sock game feels fishy to me.

votes
Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

White Queen, I notice you haven't responded to me at all. Here's what I have to say
Spiral wrote:I don't think that Scarlet Witch should receive votes for her post and use of pronouns. I find it highly gender normative. Not everyone has to be assumed male until proven otherwise. That's dumb. I am sure there are other posts where the pronoun "he" or some other male gendered pronoun is used, and no one jumped on that. Dumb if you ask me.
Here I outline that I don't like the argument about the pronouns.
Spiral wrote:Avalanche, I think the concern comes from why you don't have the same fervor with fighting the actual baddies.

I'd like to either vote for Deathlock or Rasputin
Here I, I'll admit, extremely vaguely connect it to Deathlock.
Spiral wrote:
White Queen wrote:No Spiral, I actually did not. I read your post as a stand alone thing, which is why i thought it was weird that you were calling out one low poster, but not the rest. After Scarlet answered the question I directed at you, I read closer.
Right... which is what I said?
Here I responded to your first accusation against me.
Which you also did not respond to (but brought up later).
Spiral wrote:
White Queen wrote:
He just popped in towards the end and voted and that was his only post, right? Also only one post from Thunderbird, Sebastian Shaw, Domino, Deathlok & Cable. Why did you single out Rasputin out of those?
Havok wrote:Well, like everyone, I was hoping Polaris could shed some light on the Danger Room ID stuff, but I think really that was being a tad too hopeful. Epig would not just lay it out there for us that easily, and the theme of today's Danger Room session is to exercise our minds...so yeah.

The only thing that has caught my eye so far is Scarlett Witch using "his" while referring to Polaris as Polaris is quite obviously a female character and if SW didn't know who Polaris was I would think "her" would have been used.
I almost did the same thing, actually, in my last post, but then I saw that someone has referred to Polaris as a female, so I went and looked for her avatar. But I am not really familiar with the X Men characters; Scarlett appears to have knowledge about them.
I think you realized I was responding to someone else. :)
Avalanche wrote:
Spiral wrote:
The Vision wrote:Considering how many players are in this game, things are awfully quiet…
I, personally, don't have much to say. Avalanche certainly has quieted down, though.
I am pouting because I didn't get my way.

I think it is telling how people are trying to make me out as a villain for having a different opinion about the poll than everyone else. Personally, I will be looking at conformists today.
"make me out as a villain"
Avalanche wrote:
Sunfire wrote: To this, (early on in Day 0) I responded and asked him to explain why that option was the most practical. He never replied or said another word. I would still like to hear from him as to why the spaceship was the most practical option. I think it is players like these we should be looking at.
Very wise, young Sunfire. Very wise.
:eye:
Here I both respond to you and express unsureness with Avalanche (which you said I hadn't done).

You are ignoring facts and not responding to my responses to you, but continuing to harp on them. Why?
dunya
Turnip Head
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I am not ignoring facts. You made a number of contradictory and weak statements.

So, will you be going with Deathlok, or with Rasputin? Or perhaps Avalanche?

I am not harping on you, I am stirring the pot, as it were. I am asking questions, and assessing answers. This is how I play Mafia. This kind of sounds like Avalanches post where he asks why, basically, I am picking on him.
Assault
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Morlocks? Morlock relations? Blackface?

I think I've made my choice.

(Greetings, all!)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus thirty minutes and counting.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I have to vote bleh... I would like to vote for a quiet player like Banshee, but I think maybe some people haven't started as Epignosis has said he needs a replacement. I understand both sides of the Pronoun argument as stated earlier, but I do have to pick someone to vote so I will try to trust the group saying Deathlok's slip up is really a Baddie mistake. I still dont think there is enough evidence to vote against the other people being accused today yet, Avalanche, Scarlet Witch, etc.
(Votes Deathlok)
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I think I am going to go with Avalanche, rather than Spiral. My feelings about both are kind of intertwined.

Spirals last post felt very sincere to me, Avalanche has not felt sincere at all.

*Votes Avalanche*
Assault

Return to “Previous Jobs”