36%

Total votes: 11
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 138

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:43 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:39 am @Long Con, imagine a hypothetical world where JaggedJimmyJay expresses suspicion of you identical to what you’ve said about KitsuShel (imagine your posts are similar to hers for this exercise).

How do you believe you respond to that?
THAT'S the whole reason I'm bewildered about this, because when my posts are just like that, this is the kind of reads that come out of it! "Long Con hasn't given many reads, and it's scummy." "Long Con just does banter and mechanics talk, and it's scummy."

That's exactly why I brought this up asking why Kitsu is getting so townread. I'm an expert in getting scumread for the same Day 1 behaviour, y'all.
This post reads town to me....
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:39 am @Long Con, imagine a hypothetical world where JaggedJimmyJay expresses suspicion of you identical to what you’ve said about KitsuShel (imagine your posts are similar to hers for this exercise).

THAT'S the whole reason I'm bewildered about this, because when my posts are just like that, this is the kind of reads that come out of it! "Long Con hasn't given many reads, and it's scummy." "Long Con just does banter and mechanics talk, and it's scummy."

That's exactly why I brought this up asking why Kitsu is getting so townread. I'm an expert in getting scumread for the same Day 1 behaviour, y'all.
how so? i dont see that

it just looks like more complaining about people not town reading him to me
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 372
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 am

how does people’s read on you relate to her at all? you’re not new to this site, she is. you’re not overwhelmed by the pace of this game, she is. i mean like, idk why you are drawing a comparison here when there is none?
I disagree that there is none. You don't have the experience being me, though, so I understand why you wouldn't have the proper reference to draw the comparison yourself.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:47 am

how so? i dont see that

That's a SLIGHTLY unfair judgment given that it was a response to Jay's specifically-crafted situation.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

how so? i dont see that

I don't feel like it's fake. It sounds to me like he's sincerely frustrated by something that doesn't make sense to him.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:48 am

how does people’s read on you relate to her at all? you’re not new to this site, she is. you’re not overwhelmed by the pace of this game, she is. i mean like, idk why you are drawing a comparison here when there is none?
I disagree that there is none. You don't have the experience being me, though, so I understand why you wouldn't have the proper reference to draw the comparison yourself.
whats the point youre making though? that if we tr her we should tr you? or if we sr you we should sr her? like... the standards for you both are not the same. when shes played a thousand games here get back to me :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:50 am

how so? i dont see that

I don't feel like it's fake. It sounds to me like he's sincerely frustrated by something that doesn't make sense to him.
yes, but he can be sincerely frustrated at that as scum. its totally NAI imo
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm not proposing give him a town pass, just that I don't feel as comfortable with my vote where it is at this time.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don’t fault you for that gripe, Long Con. The difference is subtle, and difficult to describe with clarity. I feel a sense of positive energy from KitsuShel in her efforts to stay current with the game. She is in a new world where nobody ever shuts up, and it excites her. She wants to be a part of it. This can be faked as can most things, but I rarely concern myself with “can”.

Your play was, before our kerfuffle, less outwardly encouraging. I could not extract reassuring feelings from the things you said and did. And then you detonated out of nowhere in a way that is very hard to understand, leaving everyone to throw their hands up and say “wtf?”. That’s not something that tends to build trust.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:51 am

whats the point youre making though? that if we tr her we should tr you? or if we sr you we should sr her? like... the standards for you both are not the same. when shes played a thousand games here get back to me :p
My point is that the townread on her is based on an extremely minimal slice of content, which itself is thin, and a lot more friendly, sociable stuff that's personality and I don't see how it's not NAI. Like if you are just giving a new player a pass on Day 1, that's totally fine, I support that kind of thing, but at least be honest about it?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Never chop Daisy by the way. Just don’t do it folks. Don’t make me pull my hair out in dead chat watching that.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:55 am I don’t fault you for that gripe, Long Con. The difference is subtle, and difficult to describe with clarity. I feel a sense of positive energy from KitsuShel in her efforts to stay current with the game. She is in a new world where nobody ever shuts up, and it excites her. She wants to be a part of it. This can be faked as can most things, but I rarely concern myself with “can”.

Your play was, before our kerfuffle, less outwardly encouraging. I could not extract reassuring feelings from the things you said and did. And then you detonated out of nowhere in a way that is very hard to understand, leaving everyone to throw their hands up and say “wtf?”. That’s not something that tends to build trust.
Ok, I guess I don't have a positive energy radar, because I honestly don't understand that concept in the slightest. Maybe I'd be a better Day 1 player if I did.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm going to switch to Colin until I can figure out where I want my vote instead.

[VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:55 am

My point is that the townread on her is based on an extremely minimal slice of content, which itself is thin, and a lot more friendly, sociable stuff that's personality and I don't see how it's not NAI. Like if you are just giving a new player a pass on Day 1, that's totally fine, I support that kind of thing, but at least be honest about it?
its really got nothing to do with that. i see a genuine town spark in her posts thats independent of the raw volume of content shes given

idk what to tell you
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] where are you at with your jay read?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Given the progression of the day I view Colin as a viable chop option. Choption.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:55 am

its really got nothing to do with that. i see a genuine town spark in her posts thats independent of the raw volume of content shes given

idk what to tell you
Like I said to Jay, I literally have no understanding of how the tone of her posts can possibly be read alignment related.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I do, however, understand the concept of being brand-new to a site and not knowing many people. I am not going to push for her chop.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:28 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:27 pm
sabie12 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:55 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:47 am In hindsight, I have entirely screwed up the town to mafia ratio in this game since I've given the entire town my unchoppableness. I think adding eight more wolves and a vigilante or two will set things right. Please stand by for new role pms.
I was just going to say it would be funny if jack created a game that was just all town. It would be like a monsters are due on maple street type deal. Jack is the only real mafia making us all turn on each other.
this “what if we’re all town” speculation is, in my experience, more likely to actually come from town
I like that take. Sabie town.
If there’s one LC post I like, it’s this one. Hally’s positive mark for sabie is on the frivolous side, and LC was content to support it anyway. sabie is a player the mafia may need to chop to win the game just given her lower volume. It’s a small thing but whatever there you go.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:00 am @Long Con where are you at with your jay read?
I still find it suspicious that he completely disregarded my usual day 1 play in order to throw shade on me.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:05 am
If there’s one LC post I like, it’s this one. Hally’s positive mark for sabie is on the frivolous side, and LC was content to support it anyway. sabie is a player the mafia may need to chop to win the game just given her lower volume. It’s a small thing but whatever there you go.
What is the purpose in this statement?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:07 am
Sorry the bold isn't too obvious.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:28 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:27 pm
sabie12 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:55 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:47 am In hindsight, I have entirely screwed up the town to mafia ratio in this game since I've given the entire town my unchoppableness. I think adding eight more wolves and a vigilante or two will set things right. Please stand by for new role pms.
I was just going to say it would be funny if jack created a game that was just all town. It would be like a monsters are due on maple street type deal. Jack is the only real mafia making us all turn on each other.
this “what if we’re all town” speculation is, in my experience, more likely to actually come from town
I like that take. Sabie town.
Actually, I don't really have a great town read on sebi anymore, because I looked at her ISO, and I had 15 posts in a multi quote ready to go, then I came in here and real timed it with you guys, and absently deleted the multi quote, as I thought I was all caught up in responses.

I'll have to get it all together again, but I'm not doing it tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To share one contrary thought about a suspect that exists in my brain

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:08 am
To share one contrary thought about a suspect that exists in my brain
I don't follow.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Are you expressing suspicion of Sabie?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sorry the bold isn't too obvious.
Oh

The mafia are ill-advised to work against mischops that could be within their reach. sabie may be easier to take out than the loudmouths just given that it’s generally easier to chop quieter players. So LC’s support of her, at least in that moment, wasn’t what I’d call a pro-mafia move (assuming sabie is a civilian).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:09 am Are you expressing suspicion of Sabie?
No

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, I follow now
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i like daisy now

still not sold on kitsu being town
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:21 am i like daisy now

Ok, now we're getting a little mindmeldy.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:52 pm @JaggedJimmyJay
ohh looks like your game produced the first scum

[VOTE: TonyStark] aubergine
Talk to me about this case
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:08 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm Mafia-aligned Long Con responded to suspicion from me with loud No Us in Take Me Out to the Ballgame. :smile:
Are LC and FG w/w in your mind?
Could be. I have no reason off-hand to say they are not.
They'd have to both be pursuing the same strategy with little interaction between the two of them and without a glance to anything else. Seems too on the nose.
sounds plausible to me. why do you think it's not the case?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Long Con wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:23 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:21 am i like daisy now

Ok, now we're getting a little mindmeldy.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm And yet, I always get suspected for the way I normally play.
At this point, you seem to be encouraging that on purpose.

If you somehow don't understand how I can play the way I have played so far as a civilian, find your answers here. I don't often manage to bring it all together as effectively as I did in that game, and it reminded me of styles I had lost sight of in recent memory:

~ Empower your teammates
~ Listen carefully
~ Let people do their thing their own way
~ Facilitate an environment of kindness and love where towns can flourish
~ Serve as a level and disciplined leader to help keep the game oriented in a productive direction

My play is a philosophy of its own, and I am trying to play to it the right way as I had been failing to do in much of 2019.
many different playstyles exist and can find scum in their own way. I think LC is scum here but I don't inherently disagreeing with the idea of just going hard on someone you suspect without trying to talk to them. I have seen such interactions expose scum, and I have seen such interactions end with townies finding each other. My issue in this particular instance is that the overdramatic way he did it makes me think it was not genuine.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:44 pm [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
Why are you moving off LC?
Alison

Post by Alison »

You two are just W/W and this whole thing with the clash of playstyles is just elaborate scum theater and I'm not buying it sorry
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:07 pm can we not

like this game was going so well

suddenly its a sludge pool that i dont wanna go near

big rip
probably because mafia members came into the thread and were upset that townies were working too well together so they intentionally started a fight in a very loud and dragged-out way that repulses people from reading it
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:14 pm Binary process of elimination style. Names are not ordered within groups:

TonyStarkPrime
Spacedaisy
Wisp
KitsuShel
sabie12
Epignosis
Alison
Nanook
Hally

ColinIsCool
Long Con
DrWilgy
sprityo
Funnygurl555
my list is this with the following changes:
- Hally to null. I still can't get over how weird the early interactions with FG were and I'm generally don't want to let go of things that genuinely bother me, which this does. I no longer think she's W/W with FG because of later interactions but the awkwardness doesn't sit right with me and that cancels out the other townie stuff she's done.

- Wisp to null. In a vacuum their play doesn't make sense. I'm told this is their town meta. Taking advantage of a town meta to push bad ideas? Maybe. Or could be just townie playing the way they usually do. I'm conflicted so I'm putting Wisp into the null pool.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:27 am
Because the day phase is long and there are more players to solve. Voting is a part of making that happen.

When it comes to actually removing a player from the game, the only vote that matters is the last.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:13 pm
Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 pm it can stay well if people react to pressure better lol
given I should probably eat my own words

did anyone even react to my Tony vote?
@TonyStarkPrime whaddya got
it's minor lol
but he was the first person from what I remember to stray from game, with "who?"
it bothers me on a fundamental level. Given game 6, and the game I used it in, I would like to think, the chance of being a wolf is greater than 50% when they stray for the rules of the game
this is one of the posts that make me unable to townread wisp. It's just so far removed from a townie mentality

"it's minor - but it makes them more likely than 50% to be a wolf" (keep in mind that the base probability of being a wolf is like 20 to 30% depending on the setup ratio - so this doubles their probability of being a wolf)

and also the basis of the read itself is shaky for obvious reasons
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:30 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:07 pm can we not

like this game was going so well

suddenly its a sludge pool that i dont wanna go near

big rip
probably because mafia members came into the thread and were upset that townies were working too well together so they intentionally started a fight in a very loud and dragged-out way that repulses people from reading it
I played a central role in building that environment of cooperation. If it was damaged, Long Con did it alone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:34 am
Because the day phase is long and there are more players to solve. Voting is a part of making that happen.

When it comes to actually removing a player from the game, the only vote that matters is the last.
I'll give you a pass for this because I think town JJJ does genuinely hop his vote around to try to solve people but if your vote doesn't end up back on LC by EoD and he flips scum I will make it my personal mission to get you lynched
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:35 am
Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:13 pm
Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:10 pm it can stay well if people react to pressure better lol
given I should probably eat my own words

did anyone even react to my Tony vote?
@TonyStarkPrime whaddya got
it's minor lol
but he was the first person from what I remember to stray from game, with "who?"
it bothers me on a fundamental level. Given game 6, and the game I used it in, I would like to think, the chance of being a wolf is greater than 50% when they stray for the rules of the game
this is one of the posts that make me unable to townread wisp. It's just so far removed from a townie mentality

"it's minor - but it makes them more likely than 50% to be a wolf" (keep in mind that the base probability of being a wolf is like 20 to 30% depending on the setup ratio - so this doubles their probability of being a wolf)

and also the basis of the read itself is shaky for obvious reasons
He did this exact thing in Game 6 and it caught him two mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:34 am

I'll give you a pass for this because I think town JJJ does genuinely hop his vote around to try to solve people but if your vote doesn't end up back on LC by EoD and he flips scum I will make it my personal mission to get you lynched
I don’t know if I am supposed to interpret this as a vote demand, but I’m not taking chances with my role. Refer to my very first post.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:23 pm
Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:19 pm @JaggedJimmyJay
remind me why this grouping is green
TonyStarkPrime
Spacedaisy
KitsuShel
sable

or just point me to where u stated this
Spacedaisy, KitsuShel, and sabie12 are all in similar places for me. They may not have offered a wealth of content yet, but I will always take a stance. I believe all three of them have looked genuine in their efforts to get involved, and I have not caught a whiff of ulterior motives, acting, or faking from anything they've said to this point. I am perhaps less confident about this when it comes to sabie. That's okay. She'll make her posts and I'll see how I feel.
I agree with this
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:50 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:03 pm For context the alternative is nanook simply giving a classic reaction test like: "I have a N0 red check on you. Die, scum." and voting them. That's one basically everyone knows about, it's trivially easy to fake and it usually gets you townread. Instead he chose to go for the potato soup thing.
I mean tbf I did say I had a n0 on Jay lmao
But to your broader point, it’s something I might do if I thought it would get me towncred. I doubt I’d do it with this specific playerlist tho.
I believe this and I think you are town
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:33 pm @Epignosis
so what's your thoughts on this his one red lean?
didn't even notice it honestly

is the most obvious scum? or is this just TWTBAW
TWTBAW is one of the concepts in mafia I disagree with the most, on par with "you must survive to the end of the game to win". There is no such thing as too wolfy to be a wolf. Wolfy behavior is behavior that indicates that someone's alignment is evil. It is considered wolfy because it is more likely to be performed by scum than by town. Therefore someone who exhibits a great deal of it is more likely scum than town. The usual argument is that scum is more conscious about how they look, which is nonsense. If scum knew how scummy they were being they would never look anything but town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:38 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:30 pm JJJ is scum. He's played countless games with me and knows perfectly well that this is how my Day 1 generally goes. I don't tend to jump on a whole bunch of people with scumreads or add people to my "towncore". "Shortage of suspicion" from me should easily be identified as NAI, and the fact that he's trying to prod suspicion on me for it is solid proof that he's not on the level. He's generally trying too hard to do the Town JJJ Song & Dance and impress the newcomers, but I've played with him for years, and this is not town Jimmy. GTH exercise not even halfway into Day 1?? WTFmullet? What a dog and pony show, how many people hadn't even posted yet? GTH reads? Are you kidding me?

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine and I don't really give a damn that I'll probably get lynched today for this. He's scum. Keep him around for the good times if you want.
yaaaaaas *claps*

also y'all kitsu named the three people i always see sus'd. naaaaah don't tr that slot yet

wisp is town
This post fits well with the "scum are freaking out about townies finding each other" theory
Alison

Post by Alison »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:44 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:45 pm and I generally believe that having to fake orgasmic back and forths with a partner amps up the awkwardness
Honey, I can tell you some stories... :disappoint:
ORGANIC

I MEANT ORGANIC

Return to “Previous Jobs”