X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Re: X-Men [Day 2]

Post by Young Lady »

I have to leave now, so I'm placing my vote on Quicksilver.
Supervisor
SmashKings
SmashKings Host
Posts in topic: 45

Post by SmashKings »

I'm also voting Quicksilver, based on the stuff in my last post. Something about his posts just feels off to me and I don't feel he's someone I can trust.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

I think the bad team is trying to get Quicksilver lynched. I think Quicksilver is good. :sigh:

I wish I could make potions to bring people back, like Deathlok. :sigh:
Sunfire wrote:@ Sebastian - can you better explain your vote for Banshee?
I guess Banshee could be good, since he explained. :stare:

I will change my vote to Cable. :omg:
Lunalee
nutella
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

:( you guys are making a bad mistake. Sigh.... 2 Civs down already. These baddies have this game in the bag...
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

Sorry I haven't posted much this day phase, Mojo has been working hard to bring home some bacon. I have been reading along though and agree with some points being made about players, particularly quicksilver and havok. Like vision though, I wonder if quickie is a noob because I got that impression from his posts also. But his posts seem to be getting into that desperate, backed into a corner feel:
Quicksilver wrote::( you guys are making a bad mistake. Sigh.... 2 Civs down already. These baddies have this game in the bag...
Exaggerate much?

I'd be great if people weren't just like "I think player a is bad and player b is good" if you have some knowledge that can be shared with us do it (not talking about info dumping here) try to get us to see what you are seeing.

Going to do some reviewing....
Fractal
sprityo
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

I can see where there is concern about Quicksilver. I just don't think it is enough to vote him yet. I think the scum might be using this situation to their advantage. So, I am going to choose one of the players that have voted for Quicksilver. *votes Hawkeye*
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

I also got the feeling QS might be pretty new to the game. QS I think the problem I'm having with your day 1 vote is a wording issue - I'm not really questioning your vote - it sounds like in your explanation you voted for Deathlok because of his reaction to Scarlet which I can see. I'm not sure enough about you to give you a vote today.

I am sure however that Thunderbird's vote makes no sense whatsoever. We have suspected for quite some time today that White Queen has been silenced which would leave her no opportunity to answer her critics. Furthermore, you didn't even put anything in the thread for anyone else to respond to about White Queen, like "hey, she's probably silenced". So I'm putting my vote for now on Thunderbird. If I see a reason to change my vote I'll do it before the deadline.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Oh, Sebastian why are you voting Cable? I know she/he has been quiet but so have some others. Any reason you picked him/her?
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Half an hour left and not even half the players have voted. I mean I know I haven't posted an awful lot but come on guys!
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I voted for havok. I'd think that if he was wondering about the lynch being a tie that he'd have gone over the scenarios ahead of time and realized that he could have been outing important civvie roles if answered.

I really wish more people were participating....
Fractal
sprityo
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

I voted thunderbird because his vote for white queen struck me as really odd.
To be recycled
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Nicol Bolas »

sumthin sure does seem off about quicksilver alltho i aint feeling a hundred percent about it..... but nobody else has set my suspicio-meter dancin so gonna go with quicksilver, hope your not an x-man and sry if u are
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Saito »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:I think the bad team is trying to get Quicksilver lynched. I think Quicksilver is good. :sigh:

I wish I could make potions to bring people back, like Deathlok. :sigh:
Sunfire wrote:@ Sebastian - can you better explain your vote for Banshee?
I guess Banshee could be good, since he explained. :stare:

I will change my vote to Cable. :omg:

So you are going to completely ignore my post response with questions?

Your style of play is different to me. I am not quite sure how to take you the tone just seems idk what word I want but I guess confused, but yet you state things so matter of factly. Just different. Confused sureness! That's it. That's how your posts read to me.

Thunderbird - whoa! I do not care for his vote without explanation.

Quicksilver - I appreciate all the responses you have given but I am just still sooo unsure of your motives for speaking out about Indy's so strongly like at first you did care about a 7 man baddie team. Until I said something. If you read your own posts you will see you kept saying yopu wanted to get rid of indy's. You wanted to lynch one today. The only thing holding me back is the people who came out of the woodwork and latched onto you. I makes me feel icky about them. Dazzler and Hawkeye spring to mind.

I have a few minutes left to ponder.

Linky - Mojo LOL you just called your own self out :p
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

that should read "did NOT care"^^ to Quicksilver
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

I really don't understand all these votes on quicksilver.
To be recycled
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus ten minutes and counting.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Either Quicksilver is trying really, really hard to appear Civvie, or really really wants to help...oh, my bleeding heart.

I don't think I have enough on QS either to vote him out (and sorry for such a late vote/post - working late AGAIN).

I'll go with Thunderbird for the suspicious White Queen vote and just a hunch. Hope I'm right... :ponder:
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Bastion wrote:I really don't understand all these votes on quicksilver.
I voted him because he seems to place more priority on lynching indies than baddies. Of the indies, one we can't kill at all, one may not even be a threat, and a third may be civ-aligned for all we know (though if I were Omega Red I wouldn't put all my eggs in one alliance's basket). Just doesn't seem like a pro-civ way of acting to me. I don't have anything better to go on with anybody else so it was him or something even weaker.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Dazzler's vote has just gave me the worst kind of vibe. She quotes one post of Quicksilver who was responding to me and then uses it to make her vote without bothering to check roles or facts. Seems idk bandwagon-y.

I am Voting Thunderbird Idk if White Queen is good or not but I do know she is silenced and voting this way with no explanation is all sorts of strange.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Dazzler wrote:
Bastion wrote:I really don't understand all these votes on quicksilver.
I voted him because he seems to place more priority on lynching indies than baddies. Of the indies, one we can't kill at all, one may not even be a threat, and a third may be civ-aligned for all we know (though if I were Omega Red I wouldn't put all my eggs in one alliance's basket). Just doesn't seem like a pro-civ way of acting to me. I don't have anything better to go on with anybody else so it was him or something even weaker.
I understand that reasoning but it seems like other people are just jumping on for no reason.
To be recycled
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

I'm not going to have the time to catch up on all the conversation that I've missed today while I was away a computer. I don't feel comfortable with either of the two top vote getters, so I am going to vote Polaris today.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I did not know it was tied (and I broke it) but I still feel good about my vote choice.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Kent Brockman »

I forgot to post, but the reason I voted what i did was because i randomized.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

@sw- I have been participating more than quite a few....
Fractal
sprityo
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Shit.shit shit I just got online, I guess I'd been trying to do the wrong url this while timengrbjing sunfire,
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Scarlet Witch wrote:Dazzler's vote has just gave me the worst kind of vibe. She quotes one post of Quicksilver who was responding to me and then uses it to make her vote without bothering to check roles or facts. Seems idk bandwagon-y.

I am Voting Thunderbird Idk if White Queen is good or not but I do know she is silenced and voting this way with no explanation is all sorts of strange.
Well it's pretty blatantly obvious I haven't been around much, and the reason for that is that the past couple of days I've been really busy so haven't had time to be fully engaged with mafia. If I'm reading through late in the day and find something suspicious but others have already pursued as far as it'll probably go then there's not really much point in me saying much else is there? I felt like everything I wanted to ask Quicksilver had already been asked and his answers didn't change my thinking. I did read his posts and check facts. It's not like I just saw that one post and threw down my vote.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Now having the time and power of retrospect I wish I had voted fsir silverfish thpugh I haven't read the more recent posts, what's the deal with thunder bird?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

Shoot! I knew I should have voted before work tonight! Haven't caught up yet but based on where I was last, I would have voted for Quicksilver.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Destroy a participant_

Poll ended at Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Banshee
No votes

Bastion
No votes

Cable
Sebastian Shaw (10)
5%

Dazzler
No votes

Deadpool
No votes

Domino
No votes

Exodus
No votes

Havok
Mojo (14)
5%

Hawkeye
Sunfire (11)
5%

Longshot
No votes

Marrow
No votes

Mikhail Rasputin
No votes

Mojo
No votes

Phoenix
No votes

Polaris
Havok (20)
5%

Quicksilver
Spiral (4), The Vision (5), Hawkeye (7), Dazzler (9), Deadpool (16)
25%

Scarlet Witch
No votes

Sebastian Shaw
No votes

Shadowcat
No votes

Spiral
No votes

Sunfire
Banshee (19)
5%

Thunderbird
Exodus (6), Longshot (12), Quicksilver (13), Bastion (15), Phoenix (17), Scarlet Witch (18)
30%

The Vision
No votes

White Queen
Thunderbird (3)
5%

Magma (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Metalmarsh89 (2), insertnamehere (8)
15%

Total votes : 20
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [Night 2]

Post by Epignosis »

The Great Spirit of Technology

Thunderbird sat in quiet meditation by a fire from a smoldering piece of furniture left over from the destruction the day before. He breathed in the smoke, and thought of how combustion- such a simple act of nature- was the essence of so many technological developments throughout the history of mankind.

He was so lost in thought- so serene- that many believed he was plotting against them, and so they surrounded him and used the fire against his flesh.

Had they asked him about his thoughts instead of burning him, they might have learned what new technological wonder he had invented next, and who might receive it.

Thunderbird has been destroyed. He was Forge.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Muir Island

The X-mansion’s welcoming yet austere interior deteriorated around everyone, replaced with a cool Scottish sea breeze.

Dr. Moira MacTaggert, renowned geneticist, was there to welcome the arriving mutants.

“Welcome to the Muir Island Mutant Research Centre,” she said.

The Muir Island Mutant Research Centre, a stately technological marvel, home to many scientific wonders, stood behind her.

“We believe we have finally perfected a replacement mutant gene. We have spent years researching it, and we want it to be a boon to those poor unfortunate ones who...”

Moira turned her face aside for a moment to contain herself; that both years of pain and immediate rejoicing were roiling within her was clear.

“Those poor mutants who are a danger to themselves and others.”

Moira looked hopefully at the group.

“Would any one of you be keen on forsaking all inborn mutant abilities for something different- something helpful?”

It is now Night 2. You have 23 hours to send in your PMs.

Danger Room ID acquired: 014… Shadowcat
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Sorry T-bird .
To be recycled
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

RIP Thunderbird. Had to vote for you to save my skin in this poll buddy.
I def will be looking at people who started harping on throwing votes on me, but I guess to the Baddies it didn't matter if either of us died.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mojo wrote:I voted for havok. I'd think that if he was wondering about the lynch being a tie that he'd have gone over the scenarios ahead of time and realized that he could have been outing important civvie roles if answered.

I really wish more people were participating....
You aren't clear here, but I assume you meant that "If I were a civvie" I would have gone over the scenarios ahead of time before asking my question. Is that correct? If it is, then using this same line of logic, why would I even ask the question if I were a baddie? I thought I had gone over all the scenarios before I asked that question. I guess I confused myself over the Sentinel's vote manipulation because when I asked the question, in my head I was thinking that if the lynch was a tie it would show to us that Wolverine and Cyclops were not involved and that other manipulations were at play. My mistake.

To be honest, I'm a little perplexed as to why anyone would think that a baddie would ask that question. What is the potential upside?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

It seems like you weren't really looking at the outcome of your question from a civvie perspective. I'd think you're more likely to be a sentinel that a member of the brotherhood.
Fractal
sprityo
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

RIP Thunderbird. It shows I voted already, however, I am not sure how that happened. I will change my vote when I am ready to vote for real.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Why is it more likely that I would ask that question as The Sentinel rather than a civvie?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

As has been pointed out already, The Sentinel's vote is worthless if it gets any lynch votes. So, why would the Sentinel do that?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Ughhhh RIP Thunderbird! Not going on hunches anymore... :(
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

A question for The Vision: You requested that someone place a vote on me "just in case" I am The Sentinel. Why not vote for me yourself instead of asking someone else to do it? I don't see anything wrong with the plan, I just wonder why you asked someone else to do it?
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

rip thunderbird :(

forsaking mutant abilities in order to obtain "something helpful" sounds kind of intriguing.

it sounds like a player would be trading their role powers in for something... maybe a new ability or an item/prize, if this is the case, there are basically 3 ways we could go about this, we could:

1. vote for someone we suspect of being malicious for the sake of removing their power at the cost of possibly giving them an advantage
2. vote for someone we trust in order to ensure "something helpful" stays in good hands at the cost of removing their power
3. we could just take volunteers i guess, this option has many dangers and advantages as well
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

RIP Thunderbird.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Nicol Bolas »

damn sux to lose ya thunderbird u had a pretty cool role wish u had gotten to play more
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quicksilver wrote: If I were bad, why would I be putting myself front and center? I'd be sitting back and going with the flow this early of the game.
Well, there is no real way to verify this statement in a sock puppet game. Not all baddies sit back. So I am not sure why you're relying a bit on this logic.
Also guys, being honest me seeing a photo of an Indy that is a villain from the cartoon series I watched of X men just makes me inclined they are bad. I know I have said they are dangerous, but I need to separate my background of X Men from this game and play that way. I apologize for making people confused. I promise if you keep me around, I'm Civ and am trying to help. Don't let us be down another Civ.
Quicksilver wrote: :( you guys are making a bad mistake. Sigh.... 2 Civs down already. These baddies have this game in the bag...
I feel like you were trying to use emotional appeals to survive, and not the good kind. I understand why you feel the independents are bad by judging off of their part in the X-men cartoons, it makes sense, but apologizing for causing confusion? It feels like you're saying whatever you can to get people to listen. I personally, as a civ would not be apologizing for that. How do you know people are genuinely confused rather than purposely misinterpreting your posts? I never understand when people admit mistakes after they have been pressured and called out, it doesn't come across genuine to me. That's the problem and I know townies have emotions too but I am not feeling it.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Havok wrote:Why is it more likely that I would ask that question as The Sentinel rather than a civvie?
This has been gone over previously. The vision made some really good points about it. I'm not going to repeat everything that has been said. I understand you don't agree, oh well. :shrug:
Fractal
sprityo
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Havok wrote:A question for The Vision: You requested that someone place a vote on me "just in case" I am The Sentinel. Why not vote for me yourself instead of asking someone else to do it? I don't see anything wrong with the plan, I just wonder why you asked someone else to do it?
At the time, there were virtually no votes, so I felt I needed to use my vote on a more important matter, namely trying to get the lynch onto a baddie. My thing against you is in no way strong enough to warrant a lynch, and there are always people at the end of a lynch who dont want to touch the main votegetters, so I guessed someone would step up, and Mr. Mojo did. Hope that makes sense!

And this lynch was a bit crazy with all of those late seeming votes. I look forward to reading back on the thunder voters... :ponder:
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Havok wrote:Why is it more likely that I would ask that question as The Sentinel rather than a civvie?
Oy, ive been over this XD

Because only the sentinel, knowing his was worth 0 that day, would have noted that there a chance to figure out who cyclops was by asking about the tie.If you asked the tie question any other day, or if you werent a deathlok voter, I wouldnt have been pinged. See?
Reporting
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Rip Thunderbird.

I think banshee is right about the three different ways we could go with this thing. I usually play a cautious game but this time I'm ready to try new things so I'll volunteer if there is no one else that wants to forsake their mutant abilities. I'm going to vote for myself for the moment and see what the rest of you want to do.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

As for the poll, I am not sure who we should vote for suspect/trustspect (lol)
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I'll volunteer myself also.
Fractal
sprityo

Return to “Previous Jobs”