U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
jumpluff
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by jumpluff »

[mention]Timsup2nothin[/mention] I just checked and nobody on [mention]Maple[/mention]'s veto list was shot at.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 666
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

What is this hank/poison thing, somebody tell me the spark notes version plz
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:30 am What is this hank/poison thing, somebody tell me the spark notes version plz
hank is a gladiator and chose Poison, apparently because he had a scumread on Poison last he checked in

Normal 2 elims + whichever of hank/Poison has the most votes gets yeeted

He implied he can reuse it in his claim
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Tbh, I disagree with Tim's posts pretty much entirely on the fundamentals (don't want to interfere further with an INTERROGATION obv), but he has a point about one thing. I didn't realise Poison had so many votes.

Tim, when did you vote Poison?
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

(He also has a point about the target obv but like it comes down to whether you believe Hank just picked the target he posted his single scumread on last night without catching up, which becomes more believable based on the Poison wagon)

Ugh, that’s uh....pretty unfortunate, tbh. Now two of my TRs are gonna die today kek

I hate this
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I mean I think there’s a really good chance hank/poison is t/t

Like 98% +

If I’m wrong it’s more likely on hank cause I’m not sure how well being able to read him on tone translates to forum

But I also really don’t wanna D1 kill hank in his first forum game 🤷‍♀️
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:45 am
PunchyTheCat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm ITA2 Spicy Shots
Urist - Rej - [/color]HIT, Town Doctor/Vig thing (cool role)
Poison - Timsup2nothin - MISS
iaafr - motel room - HIT, Town Odd Night Somewhat Guilty Vigilante
WerewolfHunter - Xalt - MISS
MartinGG99 - Exalt - HIT, Town Role Cop?
DaisyCloud - funnygirl55 - HIT, Mafia Mikey Sub Out Traveller Thing
Marcher Jovian - sprityo - MISS
Long Con - NANOOK - Refunded/failed
jumpluff - Long Con - MISS
SilverKeith - Ephemeral - MISS
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

there's 5+ wolves in this
Ok so this. Urist was bad to randomly shoot rej out of nowhere will iso him then Martin maybe.

@jumpluff why long con?

Also I would like to iso Adam later.
The thing that is bad about Urist's shot is that he hit a townie. Bad luck that with (probably) shots that were on wolves missing the shot that hits was that one...but the fact that it hit doesn't automatically make it more wolfy than any other shot targeting a townie.

Yours, for example.

I understand that the only person that knows I am a townie is me. But the town makes a shot list and a veto list for a reason. It keeps wolves from being able to just plink away as they see fit because we know that their preference is going to be to shoot townies. By ignoring the lists a townie provides cover for wolves. So in that regard Urist's shot, while having unfortunate results, was not as "bad" as yours.

I shot at you specifically because you committed ahead of time that you were going to take a bad shot and nothing snort of killing you was going to stop you.

So here's the thing...I don't like Hank's role. If he is a wolf he is always going to target town, and maybe he already has. If he is town he doesn't seem to be following the game closely enough to make good choices consistently. Either way I am unlikely to cry over his demise.

However, I shot at you for a good reason, so I can't pretend that I would cry over your demise either. Unless...you get it. Show me that you understand the point of the lists, and agree to abide by them. I'm always gonna say wolfy shit anyway, so chances are good that if I live very long I'll wind up on the shot list and you can shoot at me then and feel good about it. But the town can't allow hero shotting townies that give cover to wolves.

Okay?

[mention]Poison Chan[/mention]
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:25 am @Timsup2nothin I just checked and nobody on @Maple's veto list was shot at.
Ummm...I was, and I was.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:38 am Tbh, I disagree with Tim's posts pretty much entirely on the fundamentals (don't want to interfere further with an INTERROGATION obv), but he has a point about one thing. I didn't realise Poison had so many votes.

Tim, when did you vote Poison?
Sometime before ITAs.
ImageImageImageImage

My hot take is that I don’t care about poison trying to shoot tim even a little bit and it doesn’t change my town read on her at all 🤷‍♀️
Hank
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Hank »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:09 am
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 am I wouldn't be surprised if this thunderdome is v/v, unfortunately. Might come down to picking between claims, and Hank presumably just used his role. I did just get trolled by a wolf-aligned reusable strongmanning gladiator-vig, but so did Mac.

Poison obviously a really unlucky pick.
Unfortunately, v/v is possible, but I think w/v is probable. Hank's role has to be forcing, and he had to pick somebody. Obviously, he wants to pick someone he can beat.

Having no way to know vote counts at the time he threw down, but knowing what the count was when I went to bed after ITAs and what it is now...why not pick Ephemeral? Even as a low poster just looking at the poll should have pointed to Ephemeral as the easiest win.

Two theories:
1) Role does not allow him to pick the top wagon, or someone already over X votes, something like that
2) Ephemeral and Hank are both wolves

So with Ephemeral off the table Poison gets chosen because Hank thinks he can win

There is a case to be made against Poison. She has votes on already so he has a head start. Whether he is a villager or a wolf she is a choice that makes sense...but he is not making the available case.

Why not @Hank ? Why pick an opponent that looks beatable, but then not work to win? Can you explain that, and more about your role?
Pick an opponent who looks beatable? I CAN BEAT EVERYONE IN THIS GAME BLINDFOLDED, but my role didnt allow me to be blindfolded. I don't think of who I can beat or not beat, Im gonna go with my gut and pick the summiest mf in town and go heads to heads. I don't care If I live or die and if I would go for the most easy fight, that wouldnt be a fight but rather a lousy BEATDOWN and I don't mess with that.

My destiny is in the hands of town, I can only pick the opponent. If I'm to be sacrificed so be it, only know I had good intentions in mind.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:49 am My hot take is that I don’t care about poison trying to shoot tim even a little bit and it doesn’t change my town read on her at all 🤷‍♀️
We already wnow that when it comes to me you don't giva a shit about the town, but since apparently you can't be killed for this anti town position you just keep spewing away stumpy. Makes you look smart.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:35 pm Veto List, DO NOT SHOOT

Hollowkat (CLAIMED COP)
Nanook (claiming immune)
Adam (PR seems legit)
Punchythecat
MarcherJovian
Ephemeral
Tim (whatever his name is lol)
Ted
Jumpluff
Exalt (says nanook)

TAKING NAMES FORTHE VETO LIST, PLEASE HELP
For record.
ImageImageImageImage

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:49 am My hot take is that I don’t care about poison trying to shoot tim even a little bit and it doesn’t change my town read on her at all 🤷‍♀️
We already wnow that when it comes to me you don't giva a shit about the town, but since apparently you can't be killed for this anti town position you just keep spewing away stumpy. Makes you look smart.
Poison is townie regardless of her shot imo. I mean obviously I’m hoping she flips mafia, and I’ll be impressed if she does, but I doubt it 🤷‍♀️
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hank wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:51 am
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 am I wouldn't be surprised if this thunderdome is v/v, unfortunately. Might come down to picking between claims, and Hank presumably just used his role. I did just get trolled by a wolf-aligned reusable strongmanning gladiator-vig, but so did Mac.

Unfortunately, v/v is possible, but I think w/v is probable. Hank's role has to be forcing, and he had to pick somebody. Obviously, he wants to pick someone he can beat.

Having no way to know vote counts at the time he threw down, but knowing what the count was when I went to bed after ITAs and what it is now...why not pick Ephemeral? Even as a low poster just looking at the poll should have pointed to Ephemeral as the easiest win.

Two theories:
1) Role does not allow him to pick the top wagon, or someone already over X votes, something like that

So with Ephemeral off the table Poison gets chosen because Hank thinks he can win

There is a case to be made against Poison. She has votes on already so he has a head start. Whether he is a villager or a wolf she is a choice that makes sense...but he is not making the available case.

Why not @Hank ? Why pick an opponent that looks beatable, but then not work to win? Can you explain that, and more about your role?
Pick an opponent who looks beatable? I CAN BEAT EVERYONE IN THIS GAME BLINDFOLDED, but my role didnt allow me to be blindfolded. I don't think of who I can beat or not beat, Im gonna go with my gut and pick the summiest mf in town and go heads to heads. I don't care If I live or die and if I would go for the most easy fight, that wouldnt be a fight but rather a lousy BEATDOWN and I don't mess with that.

My destiny is in the hands of town, I can only pick the opponent. If I'm to be sacrificed so be it, only know I had good intentions in mind.
Gonna take votes to win Hank, and this isn't the way to get them. Saying Poison is "scummiest mf in town" isn't terribly convincing. If you look at the last twenty posts or so I think you will see that I'm probably making a better case for voting Poison than you are and you need to get that I am about to stop doing that for you. In fact I am fairly likely to be moving my vote off Poison altogether because I expect that unlike Nanook with his knee jerk nonsense Poison is going to respond like a townie here.
ImageImageImageImage

Your potshots are getting real tiresome. Take your personal attacks somewhere else, please and thanks
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:03 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 am
Poison is townie regardless of her shot imo. I mean obviously I’m hoping she flips mafia, and I’ll be impressed if she does, but I doubt it 🤷‍♀️
I think she's probably not gonna flip any time soon so long as she agrees to abide by the lists if there are more ITAs...and there will very likely be more ITAs so it is important that she does I think. There's always that "if my hero shot hits, and I'm right, everyone will get over me playing hero shotter" idea. But the ITA is gonna miss anyway four out of five, and in this particular case if she hits she will come out looking even worse and if she is town I don't want that.

So instead of egging her on in this bad decision stumpy, how about pointing out to her that I'm right here...even though I know that will be painful for you.
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I'll have to look closer at hank and poison when I get a chance. I saw a couple people say they might both be town. what happens if they have no votes? Do they both end up being yeeted or is it randomized?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:08 am Your potshots are getting real tiresome. Take your personal attacks somewhere else, please and thanks
Nanook, I play the arrogant asshat pretty regularly. The one thing I have learned that I absolutely cannot do when I play the arrogant asshat is whine when someone then treats me like I'm an arrogant asshat.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:25 am @Timsup2nothin I just checked and nobody on @Maple's veto list was shot at.
[mention]Long Con[/mention] shooting Nanook was also in defiance of the veto list.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

sabie12 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:11 am I'll have to look closer at hank and poison when I get a chance. I saw a couple people say they might both be town. what happens if they have no votes? Do they both end up being yeeted or is it randomized?
I suspect that only [mention]MacDougall[/mention] can give a real answer...which would be nice to have.
ImageImageImageImage

I don’t think I’ve really been much of an asshat this game tbh. Unless you count not townreading you or cowtowing to your every whim, ig 🤷‍♀️

It shouldn’t be that hard to understand “stop taking potshots at me” but apparently it is
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:46 am
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

Ok so this. Urist was bad to randomly shoot rej out of nowhere will iso him then Martin maybe.

@jumpluff why long con?

The thing that is bad about Urist's shot is that he hit a townie. Bad luck that with (probably) shots that were on wolves missing the shot that hits was that one...but the fact that it hit doesn't automatically make it more wolfy than any other shot targeting a townie.

Yours, for example.

I understand that the only person that knows I am a townie is me. But the town makes a shot list and a veto list for a reason. It keeps wolves from being able to just plink away as they see fit because we know that their preference is going to be to shoot townies. By ignoring the lists a townie provides cover for wolves. So in that regard Urist's shot, while having unfortunate results, was not as "bad" as yours.

I shot at you specifically because you committed ahead of time that you were going to take a bad shot and nothing snort of killing you was going to stop you.

So here's the thing...I don't like Hank's role. If he is a wolf he is always going to target town, and maybe he already has. If he is town he doesn't seem to be following the game closely enough to make good choices consistently. Either way I am unlikely to cry over his demise.

However, I shot at you for a good reason, so I can't pretend that I would cry over your demise either. Unless...you get it. Show me that you understand the point of the lists, and agree to abide by them. I'm always gonna say wolfy shit anyway, so chances are good that if I live very long I'll wind up on the shot list and you can shoot at me then and feel good about it. But the town can't allow hero shotting townies that give cover to wolves.

Okay?

@Poison Chan
I'm really very sorry sir, and tbh, even if you shoot me again or make others shoot me I won't be following any lists which are made by unknown alignments cause nothing and no one is spewed town yet and it's day 1 and I don't trust those whom you have taken for a fact are TOWN, again.

The thing is, Idc about the list, in that list I'm boldly predicting at least 2-3 wolves are there . So if you really think I would be laying low for the sake of surviving a little more by listening to those blindly instead of scum hunting based on my reads and assumptions and intuitions then you are wrong.

The fact you have consistently said opposite about almost all my scum reads till now is concerning.

also, you don't have to cry over my demise, my ability flip would bring drama in your life.

XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:25 am I don’t think I’ve really been much of an asshat this game tbh. Unless you count not townreading you or cowtowing to your every whim, ig 🤷‍♀️

It shouldn’t be that hard to understand “stop taking potshots at me” but apparently it is
Consider that just maybe trying to give orders and just expecting them to be followed might actually look like something an arrogant asshat would do?

By the way, I'd prefer to not have to deal with this...but when you start encouraging anti-town behavior just because it fits your personal agenda I'm going to counter it. So you can probably just expect that. But in the main I do plan to just leave you alone.
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Hank wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:51 am

Two theories:

tbh, [mention]Hank[/mention] If that's your only role then sorry I'm voting you even if you are town cause your power wouldn't help in anyway, and if I choose to leave you and die instead here are the two things that are to happen -
- my flip might actually put you in a bad spot even though people are still t/t reading it including myself.
- my ability would be a total waste and you'd face palm if you are town.

so, I would try though I don't think I can, would definitely try to save myself over you.
[VOTE: Hank] aubergine
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:19 am
@Long Con shooting Nanook was also in defiance of the veto list.
are you serious? why do you thing that the Veto list is 100% correct? is it TMI?

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:25 am I don’t think I’ve really been much of an asshat this game tbh. Unless you count not townreading you or cowtowing to your every whim, ig 🤷‍♀️

Consider that just maybe trying to give orders and just expecting them to be followed might actually look like something an arrogant asshat would do?

By the way, I'd prefer to not have to deal with this...but when you start encouraging anti-town behavior just because it fits your personal agenda I'm going to counter it. So you can probably just expect that. But in the main I do plan to just leave you alone.
Arrogant sure, would dispute that I’ve been an asshat 🤷‍♀️

You can disagree with me without making it personal and taking uncalled for potshots. I disagree with you and I’ve refrained from calling you names or poking needlessly at you. You don’t like playing with me, I get it, either leave me alone or find a way to not be a complete dick is all I’m asking 🤷‍♀️

Like I’m not even endorsing her shooting you, I just think she’s town regardless of the shot 🤷‍♀️
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:27 am
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

@jumpluff why long con?

Yours, for example.

Okay?

@Poison Chan
I'm really very sorry sir, and tbh, even if you shoot me again or make others shoot me I won't be following any lists which are made by unknown alignments cause nothing and no one is spewed town yet and it's day 1 and I don't trust those whom you have taken for a fact are TOWN, again.

The thing is, Idc about the list, in that list I'm boldly predicting at least 2-3 wolves are there . So if you really think I would be laying low for the sake of surviving a little more by listening to those blindly instead of scum hunting based on my reads and assumptions and intuitions then you are wrong.

The fact you have consistently said opposite about almost all my scum reads till now is concerning.

also, you don't have to cry over my demise, my ability flip would bring drama in your life.
For your scumhunting to succeed you do need to survive though. It's a team game. I didn't get to shoot my first choice either. That's part of being town that we all just have to live with.

I don't know if whoever put me on the veto list is town. In fact I don't even know who did. I do know they were right and eventually that gets proven.

So, let's talk about your other scum reads; the ones I am "consistently opposite" about. Maybe if you tell me your reasons I can be persuaded. Truthfully, since I don't know who they are we might already be more in agreement than you think.

Let's see.
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

idc even if everyone says tim is town . I would still prefer a d2 to come to that conclusion on him. He made more than a few posts which seems to be tmi.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:39 am
are you serious? why do you thing that the Veto list is 100% correct? is it TMI?
I don't think it is necessarily 100% correct. I think that town play is a team effort and that such lists are proven positive benefit for town.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:39 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 am

Arrogant sure, would dispute that I’ve been an asshat 🤷‍♀️

You can disagree with me without making it personal and taking uncalled for potshots. I disagree with you and I’ve refrained from calling you names or poking needlessly at you. You don’t like playing with me, I get it, either leave me alone or find a way to not be a complete dick is all I’m asking 🤷‍♀️
Noted.
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:40 am
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

@jumpluff why long con?

Yours, for example.

Okay?

@Poison Chan

For your scumhunting to succeed you do need to survive though. It's a team game. I didn't get to shoot my first choice either. That's part of being town that we all just have to live with.

I don't know if whoever put me on the veto list is town. In fact I don't even know who did. I do know they were right and eventually that gets proven.

So, let's talk about your other scum reads; the ones I am "consistently opposite" about. Maybe if you tell me your reasons I can be persuaded. Truthfully, since I don't know who they are we might already be more in agreement than you think.

Let's see.
to begin with JPIC at the very beginning iirc you were not ready to shoot/scum read him, then interestingly , maple, who even before getting checked by HK has been interacting with you. You didn't list her a town or scum but you are how do I put it "following her" and is taking more or less everything she says as right and true. then HK was my scum read and HK was really against me scum reading you and maple, he died without a flip sadly. which might slightly clear maple but not you at all, there are chaces of you being scum even if maple is indeed town. but I'm not really sure about the latter to be true either. Urist is scummy to me and your first paragraph sounds like you are defending him. I'm not saying all of them are scum together with you, but if you are scum there is at least one more here.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:43 am
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:39 am
I don't think it is necessarily 100% correct. I think that town play is a team effort and that such lists are proven positive benefit for town.
Indeed. surely. certainly.

let's say hypothetically, I'm a scum and you ask everyone to abide by the list. I sneak in and abide by it. what information would you get? or what sort of arguments would you be having with me in that scenario ?

Let's say again, the veto list is made by a scum to have some sort of stuff in control, with a few scum and a few town mixed in it, you abide by it and ask everyone else to abide by it and no one shoots there. what information would you be getting?

in that list iirc, ephemeral was also there? and if I'm seeing it right he is a top wagon too? so are you saying that the people scum reading should just trust one person vetoing who can or cannot be a town themselves?

I would abide by the veto if I have null reads which I can't decide on. but do not expect me to not shoot my scum reads based on some list made by someone who is not even in my town list, at list not as early as D1.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 136

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 136

Post by MacDougall »

Daddy help
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:54 am
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

@jumpluff why long con?

Yours, for example.

Okay?

@Poison Chan

Let's see.
to begin with JPIC at the very beginning iirc you were not ready to shoot/scum read him, then interestingly , maple, who even before getting checked by HK has been interacting with you. You didn't list her a town or scum but you are how do I put it "following her" and is taking more or less everything she says as right and true. then HK was my scum read and HK was really against me scum reading you and maple, he died without a flip sadly. which might slightly clear maple but not you at all, there are chaces of you being scum even if maple is indeed town. but I'm not really sure about the latter to be true either. Urist is scummy to me and your first paragraph sounds like you are defending him. I'm not saying all of them are scum together with you, but if you are scum there is at least one more here.
I think a big source of our problem is that you seem to be taking not agreeing as disagreeing.

Example...JPIC. You "scumread" him on, IMO, almost nothing. You might have been right. I'm sure at some point we will find out. I wasn't going to just 'go along to get along' then, and I'm not going to now.

The funny thing is that you talk about me "looking like I have TMI," but if you look specifically at our conversations about JPIC the one acting like they know his alignment is actually you. I never accused you of any "TMI slip" there and I'm not now. You have your read, you argue passionately for it, good on you. But not agreeing with you doesn't make me a wolf, or mean that I am claiming I know JPIC's alignment.

Hollowkatt, you were almost certainly wrong (note almost). He claimed cop and got dayvigged for his troubles. While that could have been a buss, since it was janitored, the far more likely explanation is that the wolves have a janitor and used it to prevent proving his claim and clearing Manti. I'm not taking the clear on Manti as 100% because that is possible, but I'm going to work with it for now. If he was a wolf Hollowkatt would have been far too valuable a player for the wolves to sacrifice him that way, IMO, but again I cannot rule it out absolutely.

Urist I had as a likely town before ITAs. I also don't think that if you look at his interactions with Rej you will be saying the shot was a big surprise. It is certainly unfortunate that it hit. Can you show me anything that points to Urist being a wolf intentionally targeting a townie, rather than just a townie targeting a 'wolf read' and being wrong? I mean, I'm definitely going to go back over him and see if my town read needs reassessment so we may end up agreeing here. In any event if another round of ITAs come up I certainly prefer you follow this scum read rather thann the one you have on me, because I KNOW that one is wrong and I KNOW that if you are a townie shooting at me (for now) will cause confusion about that.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DrWilgy »

We should kill hyena. Ty.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I'm not changing my avatar ever agian.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:19 am We should kill hyena. Ty.
Is this just about that one post you didn't like, or have you found something more?
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:23 am I'm not changing my avatar ever agian.
I know I'm just a scum read so my opinion may not count, but I like it.
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:18 am
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

@jumpluff why long con?

Yours, for example.

Okay?

@Poison Chan

Let's see.
I think a big source of our problem is that you seem to be taking not agreeing as disagreeing.

Example...JPIC. You "scumread" him on, IMO, almost nothing. You might have been right. I'm sure at some point we will find out. I wasn't going to just 'go along to get along' then, and I'm not going to now.

The funny thing is that you talk about me "looking like I have TMI," but if you look specifically at our conversations about JPIC the one acting like they know his alignment is actually you. I never accused you of any "TMI slip" there and I'm not now. You have your read, you argue passionately for it, good on you. But not agreeing with you doesn't make me a wolf, or mean that I am claiming I know JPIC's alignment.

Hollowkatt, you were almost certainly wrong (note almost). He claimed cop and got dayvigged for his troubles. While that could have been a buss, since it was janitored, the far more likely explanation is that the wolves have a janitor and used it to prevent proving his claim and clearing Manti. I'm not taking the clear on Manti as 100% because that is possible, but I'm going to work with it for now. If he was a wolf Hollowkatt would have been far too valuable a player for the wolves to sacrifice him that way, IMO, but again I cannot rule it out absolutely.

Urist I had as a likely town before ITAs. I also don't think that if you look at his interactions with Rej you will be saying the shot was a big surprise. It is certainly unfortunate that it hit. Can you show me anything that points to Urist being a wolf intentionally targeting a townie, rather than just a townie targeting a 'wolf read' and being wrong? I mean, I'm definitely going to go back over him and see if my town read needs reassessment so we may end up agreeing here. In any event if another round of ITAs come up I certainly prefer you follow this scum read rather thann the one you have on me, because I KNOW that one is wrong and I KNOW that if you are a townie shooting at me (for now) will cause confusion about that.
I have never said anyone is scum or town for sure, I have called them my scum/town reads. and I would not do the other thing as either alignment. so the thing you found funny about me TMIing instead of you is a wrong assumption.

Of course, not agreeing with me does not make you a wolf and I did not shoot or scum read you for doing that at all. I have found you independently scummy and the things I mentioned about the other players you and I have "opposite views " on are nothing but I mentioned you having opposite views on them, I didn't call you a wolf or shaded or pushed you on that basis. while explaining to you I just talked about the possibilities of them being your scum buddies and not the other way round.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tbh [mention]Timsup2nothin[/mention] I was not scum reading you to this extent, but the more I talk to you, the different views make me argue with you more, I don't know if I'm walking myself into a wrong tunnel or not but the more I talk to you with the conversation I'm getting more scummy vibes from you. Would like to look at others leaving you aside.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 am
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:23 am I'm not changing my avatar ever agian.
I know I'm just a scum read so my opinion may not count, but I like it.
this is wrong. : P I'm friends with those who are my top scum reads too, also even if you are my scum read you can expect me to agree with you on stuff (game related) instead of my town reads if I agree with that truly, which generally confuses a few though. also, also, also... I danced exactly like this so I take it as a compliment . :srsnod:
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Long Con wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:37 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:55 pm "oh hey i'm coming into the thread a little late but i'll post about how i just got back from "vacation" (driving 3 hours to play games with friends for a week) and catch up tomorrow"

well that's not gonna happen
Bob a lot of good people died.
I shall take up their mantle and avenge them. I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I've still got a few pieces of dubble bubble but I can probably do both at once tbh
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

hi, I'm up. I never had a game where an actual thunderdome is taking place. what are we supposed to do in this situation?

I have seen poison's posts in game, but haven't isoed. some posts seemed villagery and game dolvey. most were not alignment indicative imho. I haven't any recall of tmi in their posts or anything scummy.

hank I don't remember really at all except I remember something about the claim . I think i was wondering who or what. a few didn't like that I asked iirc. this was close to the time of last itas. at the time I was asking about such things because I didn't want to shoot at any potentially townies you know persons who claimed out for whatever reasons. I don't remember seeing much or any of hank's posts. still not sure what they are supposedly claiming to be tho?

I think only person who kinda had a reason to shoot at me was luffy because they did vote me, but it was because they didn't like me saying i want to shoot at Keith. which I explained why.

as for my shot on funnygirl. punchy absolutely hated that. and was pushing plsyers to target me more during itas. I'm gonna say my shot is not alignment indicative. it was a yolo shot. I had a pool of scums. very large and a pool of nulls very large. I shot within that pool. I have played vig several times and 233% I always shot a scum. i have yet to shoot a town. but still it is day 1 and there is still a ton of players. I could have been wrong. I'm glad I was not.

I think punchy's response to that was a knee jerk reaction and comes from them knowing funnygirl was scum partners with them.

and before peeps say, but daisy funnygirl had like 1 post. I believe most no posters or low posters are typically scum. either they are true mafua or it's anti-town. there is some low type posters that are town tho, i acknowledge that. they typically have some quality in their posts tho. so i don't see a problem putting them in a pool. why do people think it's okay to not post or low post?

town has their voice and their votes and to a lesser extent their pr action. of you sign up then play. people think that no posters or low posters should not be part of the equation should reevaluate that ideal. don't always wait for the host to sub them out. most often then not that player gets prodded instead and just bare6 make post requirements. better to yeet them. so they don't factor and mess up things.

also if they were town and with good pr.. they never posted tho.. who is to say they would even have bothered to submit their action. they are going against their win con. it's wrong for what they did, to do nothing.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

cayvie wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:31 am
sabie12 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:28 am
cayvie wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:25 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:11 am
cayvie wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:04 am i have a box, should i open it? idk what happens if i do but i was warned not to.
Give it to Nanook.
Give box to Nanook
Did the box kill you or did you accidentally post in dead?
oh i thought red meant game action lol
Red's dead, baby, red's dead
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:31 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:18 am

@jumpluff why long con?

Yours, for example.

Okay?

@Poison Chan

Let's see.

I have never said anyone is scum or town for sure, I have called them my scum/town reads. and I would not do the other thing as either alignment. so the thing you found funny about me TMIing instead of you is a wrong assumption.

Of course, not agreeing with me does not make you a wolf and I did not shoot or scum read you for doing that at all. I have found you independently scummy and the things I mentioned about the other players you and I have "opposite views " on are nothing but I mentioned you having opposite views on them, I didn't call you a wolf or shaded or pushed you on that basis. while explaining to you I just talked about the possibilities of them being your scum buddies and not the other way round.
Okay. I don't really think I've ever said anything about anyone being 'scum (or town) for sure.' Maybe I need to be more explicit about adding "just my read' to everything...but if you read through my ISO or even dive previous games you'll probably find out:

1) I always assume people will just understand that I am just giving an opinion unless I concretely say "this is a mechanical clear and here's why" or something like that.

2) I pretty much always assume whatever anyone else says is also just an opinion unless clearly marked so I not only don't make 'TMI' accusations I usually scoff at them when they get made.

So that's all fine then. You aren't the first to wolf read me, and won't be the last. You are wrong this time, and you will find that out eventually so maybe next time you'll have a better base to work from...but I'm a hard read generally so you may be wrong again. Never any hard feelings for that.

I will point out though that the only person with a really good track record for calling me correctly is Hollowkatt, annoyingly enough, and he did call me likely town here. IDK if he's the one who suggested me for the veto list, but it would not surprise me if he is.

Anyway, good talk. Please, if you are town try to help the town avoid a tragic mischop on you, and good luck in your contest with Hank. Give me a minute and you should find that you are ahead there.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”