U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 22

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by speedchuck »

"Funnygurl555 - [NSM] Mikey - Mafia"

Who shot Funnygirl?
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

what I mean is you can be a low poster and be town, i will town read low posters in some instances.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 22

Post by speedchuck »

Oh DaisyCloud did.

Very good. Townly shot there.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:46 am "Funnygurl555 - [NSM] Mikey - Mafia"

Who shot Funnygirl?
Daisycloud
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:46 am "Funnygurl555 - [NSM] Mikey - Mafia"

Who shot Funnygirl?
me. i explained why too.

Victories:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DrWilgy »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:19 am We should kill hyena. Ty.
Is this just about that one post you didn't like, or have you found something more?
Yup and nope.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:03 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:19 am We should kill hyena. Ty.
Is this just about that one post you didn't like, or have you found something more?
Yup and nope.
Okay then.

I just went through Hyena on ISO and I really can't see anything that backs your play here. I mean, you do you, but I think you are gonna have to work pretty hard to make a successful push.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

[mention]112[/mention] [mention]Epignosis[/mention] [mention]jumpluff[/mention] [mention]nutella[/mention]

Do you have a case backing your votes on [mention]Sloonei[/mention]?

My opinion, ISO is...void of meaning? That may be more cause for alarm than I am giving it credit for since Sloonei is unknown to me. Educate me please.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 0)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:46 am
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:43 am
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:42 am TL is using a Megumin avatar and someone else is using a Nagito avatar

Gonna have to feed my bunny more carrots so we can spot the difference
Thats why am not using Nagito if its to close i can try to make it something easier to notice.
I’ll just add actual nagito sprites to my posts

Sounds like a great idea right Jackofhearts2005 ?

(Jack just beat DR2 recently if I’m not mistaken)
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:42 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:37 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:55 pm "oh hey i'm coming into the thread a little late but i'll post about how i just got back from "vacation" (driving 3 hours to play games with friends for a week) and catch up tomorrow"

well that's not gonna happen
Bob a lot of good people died.
I shall take up their mantle and avenge them. I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I've still got a few pieces of dubble bubble but I can probably do both at once tbh
If you try to catch up by reading the entire thread you are very likely to get killed first...or at the very least be getting close to the finish line before it slows down enough to be caught up to. So, do you have some plan for getting vengeance that doesn't require a full read first?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 174
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:45 am hi, I'm up. I never had a game where an actual thunderdome is taking place. what are we supposed to do in this situation?
liar liar - you participated in one with this exact role ; anni 2020 on mu :P
ImageImageImageImage
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

How we doing
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

feel like I should clarify my standing on Tim - I have skimmed his iso over and over and I can't get the desire to scum read him off just sheer world views and his terrible reaction to my assessment of him ; I don't oppose to shots there but I won't be championing for his death anymore - if you want to leash shots there, I don't care , I am not in a mental state to handle his...tough will.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:24 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:42 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:37 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:55 pm "oh hey i'm coming into the thread a little late but i'll post about how i just got back from "vacation" (driving 3 hours to play games with friends for a week) and catch up tomorrow"

well that's not gonna happen
Bob a lot of good people died.
I shall take up their mantle and avenge them. I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I've still got a few pieces of dubble bubble but I can probably do both at once tbh
If you try to catch up by reading the entire thread you are very likely to get killed first...or at the very least be getting close to the finish line before it slows down enough to be caught up to. So, do you have some plan for getting vengeance that doesn't require a full read first?
yes but it's a secret

(don't worry i'm not gonna be trying my philosopher play here and isoing everybody until i have a feel for the game. that's not trying to eat the whole elephant in one bite, that's trying to eat all of the elephants in one bite. I may be stupid, and I may be crazy, but I'm rarely both at the same time.)
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 am
DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:45 am hi, I'm up. I never had a game where an actual thunderdome is taking place. what are we supposed to do in this situation?
I didn't see where Hank got all that detailed about how it works so "this exact role" could be overstating it?

I specced Anni but not really closely. Do you remember who had this role so I can go look for their flip?

Congrats on Uni btw and I apologize for any excess aggro yesterday.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 am I specced Anni but not really closely. Do you remember who had this role so I can go look for their flip?
Yeah not really exact role but the mechanics work mainly the same

Arapocalypse had that role - Hellsomething Busdriver and she was scum
ImageImageImageImage
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:41 am Announcement

A fight has broken out between Hank and Poison Chan!

Whichever of them ends the day with more votes will be eliminated. This is in addition to the existing two eliminations.
Did anyone claim this
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by 112 »

good morning
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:47 am BUNNY GIF DISTRIBUTION

Thank you all for participating in the Bun to Heads read exercise!

There aren't any secret wolf reads buried in here, although I did actually comment on how it went. At the time, I think thread was fairly, though obviously not completely, pure. But mostly, I just wanted to reward people for participating, and relax after my appointment. So don't read it unless you're REALLY interested. But have a look at yours, and let me know if I missed you!

@Hyena @PunchyTheCat @Adam_ @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @DaisyCloud @MartinGG99 @SilverKeith @nutella @ThisIsNotAceMarvel @sabie12 pls don't be mad at me for pinging you for this lmao
Hyena wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:13 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 pm ok im gonna run a lil exercise we do on my home forum if there's anyone currently in the thread

i call it BTH or Bun to Head reads

how it works is, answer these 2 questions.

1) if you had a pet rabbit, which player in this mash would you name it after?
2) is that player town? you have 3 possible responses to this question: YES, NO, BUNBUN

this is a serious exercise and i will be reading most of this game according to responses
1. nutella, with a lowercase n
2. YES

An eager and ready bun, with an appreciation for the tastier things in life. Knows what it wants.
Very interactive during the BUNBUN session, and even commenting on other participants! We note that even though this bunny is extremely focused on the banana, it has an alert and flexible focus.
We award Hyena 24/7 BUNBUN points. Of course, since all BUNs are 24/7, quantifying any extra BUNBUN points is impossible, but we are acknowledging that they have been earned with this Rabbit of Approval: 🐰
PunchyTheCat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:17 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 pm ok im gonna run a lil exercise we do on my home forum if there's anyone currently in the thread

2) is that player town? you have 3 possible responses to this question: YES, NO, BUNBUN

this is a serious exercise and i will be reading most of this game according to responses
PunchyTheCat
YES

An enthusiastic and unorthodox response, with a reflexively egocentric nature. Drawn to the certainty of one's own perspective, which is perhaps to be commended when considering the fate of a bun.
Hyena correctly called this out as lazy, but it was a quick, natural, and unserious response, very in character, and somewhat consistent with the strength of Punchy's previously expressed reads. Hyena and Ace would have been fine names as well, but we think this is just Punchy being Punchy, and he would probably not try to ingratiate himself here. Lightly TOWN.
We award Punchy 24/7 BUNBUN points.
Adam_ wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:18 pm

punchythecat
yes

(only 1 jumpluff allowed)

An affectionate and cooperative bun, aware of its role (to solve Punchy) and ready to prove itself (to me). An unsurprising but appreciated response.
Quick and natural response. Consistent with his approach to his rabbit's namesake - a good prognosis for bun ownership. Having talked to Adam a decent amount about PunchyTheCat reads since Anni, we are inclined to respect it. Since he and Punchy both submitted the same name, perhaps the fates have aligned with this v/v rand.
We award Adam 24/7 BUNBUN points. Treat your catbun well! (Buncat?)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 pm

I would name it Nanook, because I’m a narcissist

BUNBUN

A self-aware yet playful bun, unafraid to be the first purely frivolous responder. As my mason, he knows the most important quality is, of course, BUNBUN.
Self-evidently town. The self-BUNBUN is characteristic. We respect the style.
We award NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 24/7 BUNBUN points.
DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:17 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:13 pm

does BUNBUN mean null?
it merely and completely means BUNBUN

it is a simple expression, and yet encompasses much; it is neither YES nor NO, but it is something much greater

oh okay thank you.

1. Maple. I think it's a good cute name for my pet rabbit.

2. BUNBUN

A thoughtful and pure bun, concerned only with the welfare of her pet rabbit. We should all aspire to be like DaisyCloud.
Tried her best to answer my question, which she took pretty seriously. An interesting look, but one that from DaisyCloud is certainly good. As a sidenote, I think DaisyCloud would be a really excellent name for a rabbit.
We award DaisyCloud 24/7 BUNBUN points and a Rabbit of Approval: 🐰
Marcher Jovian wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 pm

Hank
YES

A contemplative and considerate bun, bringing the spice and doing their best to bring others into the conversation. The most interesting response so far, even ignoring the thunderdome.
We do not claim to know the rationale behind this pick, but struggle to find a bad motivation behind using this as an opportunity to slap down an affirmative town read on a fairly UTR person. I would actually love to know why Marcher picked Hank, but it's a good name.
We award Marcher Jovian 24/7 BUNBUN points, and thank them for lending their name to our bun, who is helping me judge.
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm

1) Apogee
2) YES (if not then BUNBUN)

from my PoV Apogee would be a good bunny name out of the selection here

A hedgey and maybe skittish bun, again with a non-consensus pick. Curiously, Apogee himself is a bit sceptical of early Apogee reads.
We see here that perhaps cautious overexplaining may be part of Martin's style. We wonder why their PoV makes Apogee a good bunny name, although we enjoy it, but we will not prod at it. It seems that they are new, also, and were a bit intimidated by the sheer bunnitude of the thread. So we are inclined to relent, as fellow hedgers (well, one of us is a fellow hedger; my pet bunny just eats them). We hope that Martin will feel more confident in the thread regardless.
We cautiously award MartinGG99 24/7 BUNBUN points, and thank them for going along with this despite their distrust of the BUNBUN BLOC.
sheepsaysmeep wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:23 pm sheepsaysmeep is a great name for a bunny
This is technically a reply, but it is not a BUN TO HEAD READ. Therefore, no bunny gif assignation will be done, which is a shame as I like sheep.
Oh, and we agree sheepsaysmeep is a fantastic name for a bunny.
At least say 'YES' or 'BUNBUN' like Nanook and Punchy :P What a dubious response.

We will address Trustworthy Liberal in a later post, but know that you are gone but not forgotten, 3p but still BUNBUN.
SilverKeith wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:29 pm

¿Cuál es la lógica/propósito de este ejercicio? Me interesa.
See sheepsaysmeep. However, as SilverKeith was actually re-enacting his role in the original BUN TO HEAD exercise here, which I failed to notice until he pointed it out to me for messing up my RP, we do not penalise this, but embrace it joyfully as an organic response.

A perceptive and humorous viscacha. Contributing great enjoyment to this game for me personally.
Maybe NAI really, but it feels good. Of course, I am confbiasing because I think SilverKeith is a villager regardless. There is, at least, an absence of wolfiness in the response. He was probably surprised to see anybody pasting that post into the game, so there is a wit to it. Also, he was unironically kinda solvy in the way he responded to the fact that I failed to react as cayvie did here.
We award SilverKeith 24/7 BUNBUN points, and a 🥕 Delicious Treat.
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:33 pm

I kinda did this back on page 1 but jumpluff and yes

A kind-hearted LOCK BUNBUN, eager to forge connections with rabbitkind. Generous and unselfconscious.
jumpluff, of course, would be a lovely and fluffy name for a bunny.
Also, nutella is like my favourite person ever for remembering BUN TO HEAD READS and even asked Jackofhearts2005 to do them before I ever made this post. That's like the purest flavour-inspired mindmeld ever.
We award nutella 24/7 BUNBUN points, and a 🥕 Delicious Treat.
ThisIsNotAceMarvel wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 pm

You, because Jumpluff have 3 giant cotton puffs, just like a fluffy bunny.
I will say BUNBUN, because it sounds joyous. :)

EXTRA:
It will be like this bunny

A dedicated and sweet BUNBUN, who shares our appreciation for lops. 'Joyous' is the aura we would describe this village as possessing at the time, and this bun fit in it perfectly.
This is a very characteristic response, with extremely Ace reasoning that I found delightful immediately (because, wow, Jumpluff is a total bunny Pokémon). To me, Ace feels just like Anni, but without all the stress and overwhelmingness. So, like their Anni earlygame, somewhat.
I'd say I was pocketed by it, but I don't feel manipulated by it. My pet rabbit likes Ace immediately.
Also note that he calls me BUNBUN because it sounds joyous and doesn't say YES, so it's even better really.
Time taken to respond is even tempered by the effort here.
We award Ace Marvel 24/7 BUNBUN points, and a 🐰 Rabbit of Joy.
sabie12 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Daisycloud sounds like a fluffy bun name I guess and yes.
Hm!

An inscrutable and laconic bun, drawn readily to the pure and fluffy.
I can't really describe the response I had to this post, sadly (my bunny disapproves). We were both amused that I had been thinking about what a good bun name DaisyCloud was and here we are. DaisyCloud was being villagery at the time, we think. And to me, they were an obvious villager. But others perceived them with great suspicion. That just might make sabie smart!
Perhaps there is dissonance between picking DaisyCloud for being a fluffy bun name and the tone of this post? It is all minute, and pales in the comparison to the respect shown for buns here by sabie's excellent choice. We appreciate the cooperation with our conversation starter.
We award sabie22 24/7 BUNBUN points.
I promise my time as a BunBun will be fun and pure!
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

so did anybody else apply for the big chungus army?

I've lost one of my belligerent associates during the nerf blast war and I'm lacking disciples
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 am Jackofhearts2005 quick rank playerlist by quality of rabbit name

jumpluff best obv
DaisyCloud
Jumpluff
Maple
AWESOME-O
Hank (probably named after Hank Hill)
iwan
cayvie
colonialbob
nutella
Relm
Hyena
Poison Chan
Rej
Logic
Sloonei
beeboy
Sprityo
Funnygurl555 (stop adding numbers to your rabbit names)
MartinGG99
Exalt
Ephemeral
tedxtr (ignore obviously omitted E's on rabbit birth certificate)
DDL
ColinIsCool ("Colin" is a decent rabbit name)
speedchuck
hollowkatt
Long Con
Marcher Jovian
iaafr
112 (acceptable if you own at least 112 rabbits but even then, pretty uncreative)
sheepsaysmeep
PunchyTheCat
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

EBWOP
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 am Jackofhearts2005 quick rank playerlist by quality of rabbit name

jumpluff best obv
DaisyCloud
Jumpluff
Maple
AWESOME-O
iwan
cayvie
colonialbob
nutella
Relm
Hyena
Poison Chan
Rej
Logic
Sloonei
beeboy
Sprityo
MartinGG99
Exalt
Ephemeral
DDL
speedchuck
hollowkatt
Long Con
Marcher Jovian
iaafr
112 (acceptable if you own at least 112 rabbits but even then, pretty uncreative)
sheepsaysmeep
PunchyTheCat
Jackofhearts2005
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:47 am Oh DaisyCloud did.

Very good. Townly shot there.
hot taek
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 666
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

You didn’t even put my name on the list what the actual fuck dude
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 141

Post by Urist »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:09 am
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 am I wouldn't be surprised if this thunderdome is v/v, unfortunately. Might come down to picking between claims, and Hank presumably just used his role. I did just get trolled by a wolf-aligned reusable strongmanning gladiator-vig, but so did Mac.

Poison obviously a really unlucky pick.
Unfortunately, v/v is possible, but I think w/v is probable. Hank's role has to be forcing, and he had to pick somebody. Obviously, he wants to pick someone he can beat.

Having no way to know vote counts at the time he threw down, but knowing what the count was when I went to bed after ITAs and what it is now...why not pick Ephemeral? Even as a low poster just looking at the poll should have pointed to Ephemeral as the easiest win.

Two theories:
1) Role does not allow him to pick the top wagon, or someone already over X votes, something like that
2) Ephemeral and Hank are both wolves

So with Ephemeral off the table Poison gets chosen because Hank thinks he can win

There is a case to be made against Poison. She has votes on already so he has a head start. Whether he is a villager or a wolf she is a choice that makes sense...but he is not making the available case.

Why not @Hank ? Why pick an opponent that looks beatable, but then not work to win? Can you explain that, and more about your role?
this guy is mafia LOL
probably with poison chan
like jesus christ what a terrible post
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:33 am

Whichever of them ends the day with more votes will be eliminated. This is in addition to the existing two eliminations.
Did anyone claim this
hank did
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:33 am

Did anyone claim this
hank
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 amHow we doing
There is some sort of duel mechanic running from Hank's role and he chose Poison. While the extra KP is going to push us toward a more manageable game to read I think it is unfortunate because it could be v/v.

There has been some debate about the virtue of kill/veto lists for ITAs. For the record I don't think Poison shooting at me against the veto is AI and seriously hope she will be more cooperative with town positive plays so I am not holding it against her.

I think it would be beneficial to know who put whom on the veto list.

Oh, and good morning, hope your day is off to a good start.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am

jumpluff best obv
DaisyCloud
Jumpluff
Maple
AWESOME-O
iwan
cayvie
colonialbob
nutella
Relm
Hyena
Poison Chan
Rej
Logic
Sloonei
beeboy
Sprityo
MartinGG99
Exalt
Ephemeral
DDL
speedchuck
hollowkatt
Long Con
Marcher Jovian
iaafr
sheepsaysmeep
PunchyTheCat
ImageImageImageImage
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Why did they target poison
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 am I specced Anni but not really closely. Do you remember who had this role so I can go look for their flip?
Yeah not really exact role but the mechanics work mainly the same

Arapocalypse had that role - Hellsomething Busdriver and she was scum
Thanx.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hee ho I guess I'm unchoppable
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am Why did they target poison
he thought poison was scummy
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 am
Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 amHow we doing
There is some sort of duel mechanic running from Hank's role and he chose Poison. While the extra KP is going to push us toward a more manageable game to read I think it is unfortunate because it could be v/v.

There has been some debate about the virtue of kill/veto lists for ITAs. For the record I don't think Poison shooting at me against the veto is AI and seriously hope she will be more cooperative with town positive plays so I am not holding it against her.

I think it would be beneficial to know who put whom on the veto list.

Oh, and good morning, hope your day is off to a good start.
Will look into a better system for tomorrow.

My day is fine so far, haven't done anything yet
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Wait I'm not dead already am I?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

my actual take is that it's probably a v/v fight but I'd still be placing my vote on Hank just because I am fairly positive Poison is town

Hank has video mafia experience so I don't really have a baseline for his range
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Urist wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:38 am
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 am I wouldn't be surprised if this thunderdome is v/v, unfortunately. Might come down to picking between claims, and Hank presumably just used his role. I did just get trolled by a wolf-aligned reusable strongmanning gladiator-vig, but so did Mac.

Unfortunately, v/v is possible, but I think w/v is probable. Hank's role has to be forcing, and he had to pick somebody. Obviously, he wants to pick someone he can beat.

Having no way to know vote counts at the time he threw down, but knowing what the count was when I went to bed after ITAs and what it is now...why not pick Ephemeral? Even as a low poster just looking at the poll should have pointed to Ephemeral as the easiest win.

Two theories:
1) Role does not allow him to pick the top wagon, or someone already over X votes, something like that

So with Ephemeral off the table Poison gets chosen because Hank thinks he can win

There is a case to be made against Poison. She has votes on already so he has a head start. Whether he is a villager or a wolf she is a choice that makes sense...but he is not making the available case.

Why not @Hank ? Why pick an opponent that looks beatable, but then not work to win? Can you explain that, and more about your role?
this guy is mafia LOL
Whiner
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Geezus cist! 7 dead players before I show up.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

73 pages wtf
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

My initial assessment is "thank w" but we have all day to think it over
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

biggest scumread apparently?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:45 am My initial assessment is "thank w" but we have all day to think it over
Wild guess that was "hank w"

yes?
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:46 am
biggest scumread apparently?
Looking at his very limited ISO Poison was his only "scumread" and it wasn't based on much if anything.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:38 am You didn’t even put my name on the list what the actual fuck dude
especially since you would make a great bun name

pretty wolfy imo
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] how are we supposed to be voting for 2 eliminations when we are forced to sit on Poison or Hank by default?
ImageImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 am
I didn't see where Hank got all that detailed about how it works so "this exact role" could be overstating it?

I specced Anni but not really closely. Do you remember who had this role so I can go look for their flip?

Congrats on Uni btw and I apologize for any excess aggro yesterday.
I was deaded day 1 so technically no. I didn't follow the game at all either. I posted at end game tho. i didn't know there was a thunderdome. just because I got no recall didn't make me a liar.

so in this game here, wherr do we vote for hank or poison? how does it work? do we now have 3 votes and we vote in poll? I'm confusion

Victories:
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:46 am
Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:45 am My initial assessment is "thank w" but we have all day to think it over
Wild guess that was "hank w"

yes?
Ye
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:00 am Day 1 Begins

On the way to the ring. From West Newbury, Mass weighing in at 251 pounds. Juan Cena!

Welcome to Day 1 - Wrestlemania!
On day 1 there will be TWO eliminations via thread poll. Both the first and second highest vote getter will be eliminated from the game. You may cast two votes. You are not required to post your vote in the thread.

The following players cannot be voted on during day 1.

Silverkeith
Jackofhearts2005
Timsup2nothin
DrWilgy
Shizune
Apogee
polypies73
Justplayingitcool
sabie12
Adam_

In Thread Attack Window

There will also be an "In Thread Attack Window" in exactly 2 hours from now. The ITA will be done manually as we are not MU. ITA rules, you must post in red bold ITA= followed by the player you wish to fire at. ie.

ITA=MacDougall

Each player has a 1 in 5 chance of landing and I will be using random.org to do the honours.

There will also be an in thread attack window in 14 hours from now. Both ITAs will last 30 minutes, and day 1 will be the only day that has in thread attack windows.

Replacements and Minimum Effort Policy

I will not be replacing anyone in this game so if anyone requests a sub they will be mod-killed in a non aggressive friendly way. Anyone who fails to post during an entire day phase will also be mod-killed in an aggressive non friendly way.

Enjoy.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 am
Urist wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:38 am

Two theories:

this guy is mafia LOL
Whiner
Saying someone is scummy based on the assumption that another player is scum? Check.
Saying someone is scummy for not using their role in a way you'd prefer? Check.
Tonally accusing hank without actually calling him a wolf? Check.
Hedging by saying it could be v/v? Check.

yes, this is a terrible post.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 am @MacDougall how are we supposed to be voting for 2 eliminations when we are forced to sit on Poison or Hank by default?
You have 2 votes

Return to “Previous Jobs”