U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:09 pm
Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:07 pm [VOTE: TenThousandCalories] aubergine unvoting sheepsaysmeep
i was going to vote speedchuck instead, but. i don't even want to say it really. some people i will never get along with or they're 10YO or something
He's roleplaying Untitled Goose Game if that helps

Someone (Maple?) asked why he was honking as well
LOL...I thought he was a car!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
jumpluff
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs

Post by jumpluff »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:09 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:02 pm colonialbob Can you expand on your thoughts on Sloonei wagon?

Majority of Sloonei voters are from off-site (I know Sloonei is a good player but we're not going to have the same attitude towards Sloonei that Syndicate players are, nor has he represented a strong intention to hardcore solve the game)

So I don't think your take that it's an opportunistic attempt to remove the strongest player around is accurate. Syndicate players (or rather, you and DDL that I recall) have generally been like 'gotta give Sloonei a d1 pass', which is stranger to me and even TMI-y given the dissonance between the respect given and Sloonei's investment

Is it normal for Sloonei to take d1s off?
so Sloonei is a player who's super townleader-y. lots of analysis, pushing and prodding, asking good questions, the lot. so for one thing he's a super strong asset for town if he's town. (even when he tunnels me hardcore :PP )

however, that playstyle is understandably tiring, and I've played in several games with ol' sloondog where he clearly did not want to put forth that effort. he was still helpful, still contributed, and importantly was still town. this game so far reminds me strongly of those games. I can totally see him choosing that style for this giant wacky game.
Can you point me to examples of the bolded? (In this game)

I agree with you that he would do this as villager for the reasoning he's supplied (semis coming up) fwiw. I think the style itself is fairly NAI, but I would like your opinion on the thoughts he's given a lot
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:12 pm
Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:07 pm [VOTE: TenThousandCalories] aubergine unvoting sheepsaysmeep
i was going to vote speedchuck instead, but. i don't even want to say it really. some people i will never get along with or they're 10YO or something

This is one of the funniest posts to me this game and I have no idea if you're serious xD
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:12 pm

This is one of the funniest posts to me this game and I have no idea if you're serious xD
Totally serious...he made a post where he hissed instead of honked and that has been gnawing away in an idle corner of my brain for hours! I was like...radiator leak? tire going flat? WTF???
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

“Bizarre and anti-consensus reads on his shooters...”

What?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:02 pm colonialbob Can you expand on your thoughts on Sloonei wagon?

Majority of Sloonei voters are from off-site (I know Sloonei is a good player but we're not going to have the same attitude towards Sloonei that Syndicate players are, nor has he represented a strong intention to hardcore solve the game)

So I don't think your take that it's an opportunistic attempt to remove the strongest player around is accurate. Syndicate players (or rather, you and DDL that I recall) have generally been like 'gotta give Sloonei a d1 pass', which is stranger to me and even TMI-y given the dissonance between the respect given and Sloonei's investment

so Sloonei is a player who's super townleader-y. lots of analysis, pushing and prodding, asking good questions, the lot. so for one thing he's a super strong asset for town if he's town. (even when he tunnels me hardcore :PP )

however, that playstyle is understandably tiring, and I've played in several games with ol' sloondog where he clearly did not want to put forth that effort. he was still helpful, still contributed, and importantly was still town. this game so far reminds me strongly of those games. I can totally see him choosing that style for this giant wacky game.

I agree with you that he would do this as villager for the reasoning he's supplied (semis coming up) fwiw. I think the style itself is fairly NAI, but I would like your opinion on the thoughts he's given a lot
I agree that most of my behavior should be read as NAI. That is what makes the votes frustrating. They feel arbitrary.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

[mention]Adam_[/mention] How AI do you think it is to not post while unvotable? (Unvotableness rotates as far as I can tell)

I'm thinking not very AI even factoring out player-dependentness (e.g. Tim isn't gonna slank here, you're not, etc.) but idk, you're the person I ask for this stuff. I made a iso list for charts update later anyways
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark
Posts in topic: 438

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

@ tim

my stance on speedchuck is essentially my stance on 112: gun to head w but more null but for weaker reasons

"who shot wolf?" "oh daisy shot wolf" "villagery" sequence comes off at lvl 1 like "look at me; im solving!"

not somewhere i consider using my vote in the short term without more posts though
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

he's been doing things that allow other people to make reads imo (early voting etc). he's thrown some sus on people for reasons, i like the reasoning. he's kinda been a nice piece of bait. and Epi has been doing his Epi thing and I think it's caught some people out.

also i liked his "they're all village posts" response a lot a lot tbh
Adam_
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 196

Post by Adam_ »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:20 pm @Adam_ How AI do you think it is to not post while unvotable? (Unvotableness rotates as far as I can tell)

I'm thinking not very AI even factoring out player-dependentness (e.g. Tim isn't gonna slank here, you're not, etc.) but idk, you're the person I ask for this stuff. I made a iso list for charts update later anyways
i don't think the two are related. not posting and being unvotable
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

are they townreading me yet is it working
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:17 pm “Bizarre and anti-consensus reads on his shooters...”

What?
Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:46 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:38 pm [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
The fool revealed himself as a devious scoundrel seeking to undermine my plan!

Also I was unaware my old vote on Ace was still there. Votes usually just move on their own when I change them.
many shots were taken at you; Hyena, nutella, and 112 declared themselves as challengers towards you

yet I ask

was this, too, part of the Plan? do you cast blame down upon them, or tolerate their antics?
112 is a trusted lieutenant. Nutella is devious and nebulous. We may never know. Hyena is the most concerning of the triumvirate.
(I took these as reads, but looking at it, it occurs to me that it might not be?...)

I found this really opposite from how I see the game

It's not that I find that in itself wolfy; I'm a terribly low confidence player, to the point that (as I stated when asked about this earlier) I tend to assume when I see something completely opposite from how I view the game, it's because the other person is right and I'm wrong. I don't assume I'm right on people until I start flipping wolves, which seems to be atypical

Hyena is extremely villagery to me. nutella's towniest posts have come since you said this, and I think what you were trying to say is that she's a strong player, but I didn't find her wolfy at all, whereas the time I did play with her, she was fairly consistently sussed. 112 I find to be a generally opaque person but wolfy this game, and it surprises me that you could be confident that 112 shot you from a good place, especially since... 112 shot you so they apparently don't share that. 112's claim is also a >rand w role (but not necessarily a wolf)

I felt like the awareness of the players expressed (enough to give reads) would mean you would be motivated to show why you disagreed with everyone on Hyena and 112 in particular, rather than simply answer the question; basically, I don't think what bob said applied to it

I agree it's potentially an easy wagon for wolves to latch onto ('arbitrary'), which is why I'm interrogating it given the opportunity, but it feels more right to me than most options atm
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:21 pm

he's been doing things that allow other people to make reads imo (early voting etc). he's thrown some sus on people for reasons, i like the reasoning. he's kinda been a nice piece of bait. and Epi has been doing his Epi thing and I think it's caught some people out.

Do you think people should find Epignosis villagery? That's very strange to me

Asking this as someone who has played with someone who only posts gifs D1 and is aware of the fact wolves tend to push them
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

my slacking is being made up for by jumpluff's being the goat
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:17 pm “Bizarre and anti-consensus reads on his shooters...”

What?

Also I was unaware my old vote on Ace was still there. Votes usually just move on their own when I change them.
many shots were taken at you; Hyena, nutella, and 112 declared themselves as challengers towards you

yet I ask

was this, too, part of the Plan? do you cast blame down upon them, or tolerate their antics?
112 is a trusted lieutenant. Nutella is devious and nebulous. We may never know. Hyena is the most concerning of the triumvirate.
(I took these as reads, but looking at it, it occurs to me that it might not be?...)

It's not that I find that in itself wolfy; I'm a terribly low confidence player, to the point that (as I stated when asked about this earlier) I tend to assume when I see something completely opposite from how I view the game, it's because the other person is right and I'm wrong. I don't assume I'm right on people until I start flipping wolves, which seems to be atypical

Hyena is extremely villagery to me. nutella's towniest posts have come since you said this, and I think what you were trying to say is that she's a strong player, but I didn't find her wolfy at all, whereas the time I did play with her, she was fairly consistently sussed. 112 I find to be a generally opaque person but wolfy this game, and it surprises me that you could be confident that 112 shot you from a good place, especially since... 112 shot you so they apparently don't share that. 112's claim is also a >rand w role (but not necessarily a wolf)

I felt like the awareness of the players expressed (enough to give reads) would mean you would be motivated to show why you disagreed with everyone on Hyena and 112 in particular, rather than simply answer the question; basically, I don't think what bob said applied to it

I agree it's potentially an easy wagon for wolves to latch onto ('arbitrary'), which is why I'm interrogating it given the opportunity, but it feels more right to me than most options atm
To add onto this - I think you showed people who outright tried to remove you from the game with a single bullet of kp more suspicion than people who don't know you very well voting you with their 2 votes, which is not intuitive
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:27 pm my slacking is being made up for by jumpluff's being the goat
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:27 pm

Asking this as someone who has played with someone who only posts gifs D1 and is aware of the fact wolves tend to push them
no, i don't expect people to find Epi villagery. he often votes to see who follows, though, and that's what this feels like.
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

jump do you have a read on urist
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

what was sloonei's avatar on MU? were they an avocado or something?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:21 pm @ tim

my stance on speedchuck is essentially my stance on 112: gun to head w but more null but for weaker reasons

"who shot wolf?" "oh daisy shot wolf" "villagery" sequence comes off at lvl 1 like "look at me; im solving!"

not somewhere i consider using my vote in the short term without more posts though
This sounds about right...now you have some momentum, startin' to look solvey, need to make a bigger play for higher stakes...
go ISO me...lol...that's always fun
ImageImageImageImage
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

avatar has since been changed. unlucky
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:31 pm

no, i don't expect people to find Epi villagery. he often votes to see who follows, though, and that's what this feels like.
I like the thought but can't evaluate it because a) I don't think anyone is really following Epignosis here, they more just happen to be on a wagon with Epignosis b) I have trouble with facial expressions and other stuff involving looking at faces, so Epignosis's gifs are actually pure unreadable to me and therefore I have no idea how comprehensible his intentions should be and how much benefit of the doubt you're giving

I will say the thing most informing my read on Epignosis is that I asked if he was playing the game (bc I site-iso'd him and saw he didn't want to play) and he showed up with a gif ~immediately, lol

The thing in Sloonei's favour most to me is that like 9 people have tried to kill Sloonei (shooters + wagons) and I'm not 100% the wagon is remotely pure idk
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:30 pm
sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:27 pm my slacking is being made up for by jumpluff's being the goat
I'm almost past caring if she even might be a wolf. Without Jumpluff this game would just suck.
ImageImageImageImage
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:36 pm
I'm almost past caring if she even might be a wolf. Without Jumpluff this game would just suck.
they

and agreed
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

can anyone remember who had the avocado avatar on MU? i really need to know suddenly
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:35 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:31 pm

I like the thought but can't evaluate it because a) I don't think anyone is really following Epignosis here, they more just happen to be on a wagon with Epignosis b) I have trouble with facial expressions and other stuff involving looking at faces, so Epignosis's gifs are actually pure unreadable to me and therefore I have no idea how comprehensible his intentions should be and how much benefit of the doubt you're giving

I will say the thing most informing my read on Epignosis is that I asked if he was playing the game (bc I site-iso'd him and saw he didn't want to play) and he showed up with a gif ~immediately, lol

The thing in Sloonei's favour most to me is that like 9 people have tried to kill Sloonei (shooters + wagons) and I'm not 100% the wagon is remotely pure idk
i don't think people are following Epi in the sense of "yes epi you make a good case let me sheep you" but as maf it's always a little easier to park your early vote on somebody who already has a vote, plus they have a better chance of getting chopped
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:38 pm can anyone remember who had the avocado avatar on MU? i really need to know suddenly
ask siri
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:37 pm
they

and agreed
My bad...thank you...apologies Jumpluff
ImageImageImageImage
Logic
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Logic »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:11 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Logic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:47 pm
Logic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:43 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:37 pm
Logic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:33 pm

But what?
At the start of the quote chain, you said I was talking to spirit (I was talking to xalt about spirit) and now you are spinning that and saying I was talking to xalt, when I corrected you to that point in my first reply.
So again...
What?
my head hurts can you please reread my posts here and then let me know if I need to answer this
I did read the posts.
I don't know why you say "Logic thinks he was talking to spirit"
I know I was talking to xalt. I was talking to xalt about a post I made replying to xalt.
So you saying I confused who I was talking to is simply incorrect.
You made an error, and I have a compulsive need to correct errors. (It is part of my regular day job.)
I said initially you did because I misread
You said 'I think I was talking to both of them. I was talking to xalt about spirit a couple of times.'
I checked your ISO and quoted something in thread that demonstrates you were talking about sprit rather than addressing sprit (because you would generally say 'You' if you were talking to sprit, obviously). I corrected my misread at this point. I also asked about the wording you used towards xalt, where you asked him about the aggression in his accusation.
You misunderstood (or misunderstood earlier, no idea) and thought I was saying you were talking about xalt, rather than talking about sprityo. I was talking about things you said about both of them, separate things.

I feel like if you don't understand this it's going to cloud you so I hope that helps =/ Idk how else to explain
Ok, yeah, the misunderstanding is on my end.
I thought you were doubling down on who I said I was talking to and thought it was a scummy frame job.

I'm just being dumb.
The initial misunderstanding was mine and I misread a lot of things that day lol

In absence of someone who knows how to read Logic, I am gonna say Logic might just be a villager

@Adam_ got me vibes from this (as a follow-up)
FWIW I have seen Logic get himself early mischopped over very similar differences of opinion...and have also seen w!Logic get chopped properly over very similar differences of opinion. He in my opinion is a tough read.
I happen to think that Logic fellow is a really easy read.
He's either free dead wolf or innocent child.
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i sleep soon; let me leave my legacy, on which you should bet the game
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

Logic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:44 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:11 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Logic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:47 pm
Logic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:43 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:37 pm

my head hurts can you please reread my posts here and then let me know if I need to answer this
I did read the posts.
I don't know why you say "Logic thinks he was talking to spirit"
I know I was talking to xalt. I was talking to xalt about a post I made replying to xalt.
So you saying I confused who I was talking to is simply incorrect.
You made an error, and I have a compulsive need to correct errors. (It is part of my regular day job.)
I said initially you did because I misread
You said 'I think I was talking to both of them. I was talking to xalt about spirit a couple of times.'
I checked your ISO and quoted something in thread that demonstrates you were talking about sprit rather than addressing sprit (because you would generally say 'You' if you were talking to sprit, obviously). I corrected my misread at this point. I also asked about the wording you used towards xalt, where you asked him about the aggression in his accusation.
You misunderstood (or misunderstood earlier, no idea) and thought I was saying you were talking about xalt, rather than talking about sprityo. I was talking about things you said about both of them, separate things.

I feel like if you don't understand this it's going to cloud you so I hope that helps =/ Idk how else to explain
Ok, yeah, the misunderstanding is on my end.
I thought you were doubling down on who I said I was talking to and thought it was a scummy frame job.

I'm just being dumb.
The initial misunderstanding was mine and I misread a lot of things that day lol

In absence of someone who knows how to read Logic, I am gonna say Logic might just be a villager

@Adam_ got me vibes from this (as a follow-up)
FWIW I have seen Logic get himself early mischopped over very similar differences of opinion...and have also seen w!Logic get chopped properly over very similar differences of opinion. He in my opinion is a tough read.
I happen to think that Logic fellow is a really easy read.
He's either free dead wolf or innocent child.
Agree.
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

jk i have nothing left just follow manti/jump wherever tbh they have more faith from me than i have for myself

glgl
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon

[mention]jumpluff[/mention] I won't be around EoD and I trust you with all my BUNBUN. Were should I leave my votes? leaving in about an hour.
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:32 pm jump do you have a read on urist
I iso'd them earlier and closed the tab because I was too tired to parse, good question

I'm unsure how much his Rej shot was influenced by me messing up Rej with 112, since they didn't acknowledge it and they had a pre-existing mafia read on Rej, which is actually a little strange. Reads are a little weird but I could see thinking all of them
Rej posted a few times trying to get people to acknowledge him as town, that's it.
prob mafia: rej, ace, cool
prob not mafia: liberal, tim, cayvie, nanook
It's difficult to summon strong feelings about his ISO but he posts a fair few things I think come less often from mafia (attitude towards people like Ace, mostly), the juliets stuff (while repping complete confidence on other stuff like Manti/HK), has a very natural and unstructured focus between 'strong' players and 'slanky' players (like, in terms of what he reacts to and talks about)

Defending Daisy for the reason he did (purity more or less) is a good look, I like his ITA stuff overall

Bizarre focus in general, has wolves I guess but more spends time complaining about the wagons. I guess what people call that is 'unclean' but I kind of think it's just slanky villagery, as a towncore-y type myself, esp given the low poster section of this game that he did call attention to. Hate the SK stuff but I think it's something I just won't see eye to eye with people on

I wouldn't cop him if only because he asked for it and this is role madness :P
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Oh and I couldn't really parse the Tim argument but that was the most alignment indicative thing I think, it felt sorta villagery in reasoning but I'm not sure what to make of any of it in aggregate and I found the Tim/Poison stuff a litle unconvincing specifically (this is still about Urist)

At some point I'm going to have to read through all the people arguing with Tim, but I'll have needed a full night of sleep to accomplish that
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

ThisIsNotAceMarvel wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 pm @jumpluff I won't be around EoD and I trust you with all my BUNBUN. Were should I leave my votes? leaving in about an hour.
aaa

I'm not very confident tbh

I think take your pick among MartinGG99/speedchuck/Awesome/Sloonei/112/TenThousandCalories if you have reads there

I find Martin and speedchuck the wolfiest but I'm not certain they'll flip wolf, they're kind of just D1 wagons

I'm more of a conversation facilitator than a game solver if you know what I mean =p
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 141

Post by Urist »

is there anything i should look at before going to sleep
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:39 pm
Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:37 pm
they

and agreed
My bad...thank you...apologies Jumpluff
(Tim)

I appreciate it and the initial post =) I'll do my best to start solving around you when I have energy

Adam :bighug:
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:50 pm Oh and I couldn't really parse the Tim argument but that was the most alignment indicative thing I think, it felt sorta villagery in reasoning but I'm not sure what to make of any of it in aggregate and I found the Tim/Poison stuff a litle unconvincing specifically (this is still about Urist)

At some point I'm going to have to read through all the people arguing with Tim, but I'll have needed a full night of sleep to accomplish that
Sorry.

<genuine contrition>

In arguments is when I am best bale to understand people. FWIW I think Urist is pretty townie after butting heads with him.
ImageImageImageImage
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Urist wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 pm is there anything i should look at before going to sleep
Wagons

I just posted a list of people I prefer people to look in (not people I think are all wolves necessarily, I'm Australian and still getting around to it)

beeboy won't get traction, I think, and Xalt is not super likely to go anywhere because Maple is vetoing that and people are sheeping there, so you're effectively on vanity wagons
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

3%

Voters: PunchyTheCat, sheepsaysmeep

AWESOM-O
7%

Voters: polypies73, xalt, nutella, Apogee, colonialbob

beeboy
3%

Voters: nutella, Urist

cayvie
5%

Voters: Marcher Jovian, iaafr, Hyena, 112

ColinIsCool
No votes

Voters: None

colonialbob
No votes

DaisyCloud
No votes

DDL
No votes

Ephemeral
1%

Voters: SilverKeith

Exalt
No votes

Funnygurl555
No votes

Hank
7%

Voters: jumpluff, cayvie, ColinIsCool, Poison Chan, MartinGG99

hollowkatt
No votes

Hyena
4%

Voters: speedchuck, Sloonei, DrWilgy

iaafr
No votes

iwan
1%

Voters: Sloonei

Jumpluff
1%

Voters: Long Con

Logic
1%

Voters: tedxtr

Long Con
No votes

Maple
3%

Voters: Justplayingitcool, TenThousandCalories

Marcher Jovian
1%

Voters: Hank

MartinGG99
5%

Voters: Marcher Jovian, Timsup2nothin, Dragon D. Luffy, iaafr

motel room
No votes

nutella
5%

Voters: Exalt, polypies73, sprityo, speedchuck

Poison Chan
3%

Voters: Exalt, Hank

PunchyTheCat
5%

Voters: DaisyCloud, Dragon D. Luffy, Logic, colonialbob

Rej
No votes

Relm
No votes

sheepsaysmeep
1%

Voters: tedxtr

Sloonei
10%

Voters: Epignosis, Hyena, 112, AWESOM-O, jumpluff, Adam_, sheepsaysmeep

speedchuck
3%

Voters: Timsup2nothin, ColinIsCool

Sprityo
No votes

tedxtr
1%

Voters: sprityo

TenThousandCalories
1%

Voters: Adam_

ThisIsNotAceMarvel
No votes

Tonystarkprime
1%

Voters: TonyStarkPrime

Trustworthy Liberal
No votes

Urist
1%

Voters: PunchyTheCat

WerewolfHunter
1%

Voters: xalt

xalt
5%

Voters: WerewolfHunter, Long Con, Urist, AWESOM-O
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

urist is plugging the votecount into a neural network :| this is bad. we're all caught
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 pm beeboy won't get traction, I think, and Xalt is not super likely to go anywhere because Maple is vetoing that and people are sheeping there, so you're effectively on vanity wagons
i was just about to look for some wagons that maple wasn't on and apparently it's all of them wtf
why is maple not voting
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:50 pm Oh and I couldn't really parse the Tim argument but that was the most alignment indicative thing I think, it felt sorta villagery in reasoning but I'm not sure what to make of any of it in aggregate and I found the Tim/Poison stuff a litle unconvincing specifically (this is still about Urist)

Sorry.

<genuine contrition>

In arguments is when I am best bale to understand people. FWIW I think Urist is pretty townie after butting heads with him.
Ok, I mega appreciate your reads/perspectives on those arguments

I like to get into long interactions with people to read them too, it just doesn't normally happen, and then I get very tilted because my favourite thing about mafia is exploring people's minds

And I didn't mean that you created a problem by generating so much info; Tuesdays are a day I travel for medical stuff and then I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm physically exhausted and mentally too
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 pm

What?

yet I ask

These are definitely reads, i do not deny that. What I’m questing is their categorization as “bizarre“ and “anti-consensus”; bizarre because I don’t know why anything would be wrong with them, and anti-consensus because, like, it’s Day 1. We should be penalizing people for differing opinions.

To elaborate on those reads as the time (which is mostly also as they are now, though I’m feeling better about Hyena), my opinions of all three was based solely on their posts about me. I have not had and will not have time to keep up fully with this game, so for most of Day 1 I’ve mostly just played the hermit crab and only poked my head out when I see my name come up. So I suspected hyena based purely on the way they came after me. Likewise, I town read 112 and nutella entirely because of their early thoughts on me. Nutella is almost literally always suspicious of me by default, and I do not feel like her concerns so far have been fabricated. 112, on the other hand, was getting on my case because my “tone” felt off when I was clearly roleplaying Dr Sloonman was at the helm. I don’t think that’s the kind of false read that a mafia 112 pushes on Day 1.

I do not know or care (well, I care, but not as it pertains to the formation of my own initial reads) what the consensus opinion has been on any of these three before or after any of this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Urist wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 pm beeboy won't get traction, I think, and Xalt is not super likely to go anywhere because Maple is vetoing that and people are sheeping there, so you're effectively on vanity wagons
i was just about to look for some wagons that maple wasn't on and apparently it's all of them wtf
why is maple not voting
Was ISOing still and then took a break
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:52 pm
ThisIsNotAceMarvel wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 pm @jumpluff I won't be around EoD and I trust you with all my BUNBUN. Were should I leave my votes? leaving in about an hour.
aaa

I'm not very confident tbh

I think take your pick among MartinGG99/speedchuck/Awesome/Sloonei/112/TenThousandCalories if you have reads there

I find Martin and speedchuck the wolfiest but I'm not certain they'll flip wolf, they're kind of just D1 wagons

I'm more of a conversation facilitator than a game solver if you know what I mean =p
Okay, if they flip town, I will take full responsibility of my votes. Martin is a fresh to death target. I will think of the other one.

[VOTE: MartinGG99] aubergine
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm urist is plugging the votecount into a neural network :| this is bad. we're all caught
just saving it for later :smoky:

it's funny you mention that though because i was just thinking today that i will prob write a script to scrape votecounts here at some point
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

Getting progressively more tired, but I'm here again
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm urist is plugging the votecount into a neural network :| this is bad. we're all caught
I have a notepad file that looks identical where I considered using regex to count how many people were on the poll

I stopped using programmer logic and just counted them with my eyeballs

Return to “Previous Jobs”