U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 100

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 2 - Day Poo)

Post by ColinIsCool »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:11 pm why does wolf me go to bat for sloonei like that?
Pocketing, setting him up to get yeeted if you die first, and/or general wickedness ... there’s a lot of reasons
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by colonialbob »

Spoiler: show
colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:09 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:02 pm colonialbob Can you expand on your thoughts on Sloonei wagon?

Majority of Sloonei voters are from off-site (I know Sloonei is a good player but we're not going to have the same attitude towards Sloonei that Syndicate players are, nor has he represented a strong intention to hardcore solve the game)

So I don't think your take that it's an opportunistic attempt to remove the strongest player around is accurate. Syndicate players (or rather, you and DDL that I recall) have generally been like 'gotta give Sloonei a d1 pass', which is stranger to me and even TMI-y given the dissonance between the respect given and Sloonei's investment

Is it normal for Sloonei to take d1s off?
so Sloonei is a player who's super townleader-y. lots of analysis, pushing and prodding, asking good questions, the lot. so for one thing he's a super strong asset for town if he's town. (even when he tunnels me hardcore :PP )

however, that playstyle is understandably tiring, and I've played in several games with ol' sloondog where he clearly did not want to put forth that effort. he was still helpful, still contributed, and importantly was still town. this game so far reminds me strongly of those games. I can totally see him choosing that style for this giant wacky game.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:21 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:02 pm colonialbob Can you expand on your thoughts on Sloonei wagon?

Majority of Sloonei voters are from off-site (I know Sloonei is a good player but we're not going to have the same attitude towards Sloonei that Syndicate players are, nor has he represented a strong intention to hardcore solve the game)

So I don't think your take that it's an opportunistic attempt to remove the strongest player around is accurate. Syndicate players (or rather, you and DDL that I recall) have generally been like 'gotta give Sloonei a d1 pass', which is stranger to me and even TMI-y given the dissonance between the respect given and Sloonei's investment

so Sloonei is a player who's super townleader-y. lots of analysis, pushing and prodding, asking good questions, the lot. so for one thing he's a super strong asset for town if he's town. (even when he tunnels me hardcore :PP )

however, that playstyle is understandably tiring, and I've played in several games with ol' sloondog where he clearly did not want to put forth that effort. he was still helpful, still contributed, and importantly was still town. this game so far reminds me strongly of those games. I can totally see him choosing that style for this giant wacky game.
Can you point me to examples of the bolded? (In this game)

I agree with you that he would do this as villager for the reasoning he's supplied (semis coming up) fwiw. I think the style itself is fairly NAI, but I would like your opinion on the thoughts he's given a lot
he's been doing things that allow other people to make reads imo (early voting etc). he's thrown some sus on people for reasons, i like the reasoning. he's kinda been a nice piece of bait. and Epi has been doing his Epi thing and I think it's caught some people out.

also i liked his "they're all village posts" response a lot a lot tbh
These are my "explainy" posts, both in response to questions directly to me from jumpluff. This case is poo.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

why is jpic town?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by ColinIsCool »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:19 pm

colonialbob wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:21 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Can you point me to examples of the bolded? (In this game)

I agree with you that he would do this as villager for the reasoning he's supplied (semis coming up) fwiw. I think the style itself is fairly NAI, but I would like your opinion on the thoughts he's given a lot
he's been doing things that allow other people to make reads imo (early voting etc). he's thrown some sus on people for reasons, i like the reasoning. he's kinda been a nice piece of bait. and Epi has been doing his Epi thing and I think it's caught some people out.

also i liked his "they're all village posts" response a lot a lot tbh
These are my "explainy" posts, both in response to questions directly to me from jumpluff. This case is poo.
Maybe :shrug:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:24 pm why is jpic town?
I don’t know who that is.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:34 pm
[mention]Justplayingitcool[/mention] who did you target last night? self-resolve pls
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

justplayingitcool

he hasnt shown up past d1 either

we need some prods for all the people who disappeared mid d1 and havent shown up again tbh
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

iaafr wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:36 pm
justplayingitcool

he hasnt shown up past d1 either

we need some prods for all the people who disappeared mid d1 and havent shown up again tbh
posted some self-defense early in the day
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Who here thinks Maple is town? I know it's been mentioned a few times today.
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:32 am So... anyone else want to shade me as scum after calling out ted within my first few posts?
sure lets give him some time for this
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

iaafr wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:38 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:32 am So... anyone else want to shade me as scum after calling out ted within my first few posts?
ngl that post + rereading the progression made me do one of these faces :evileye:
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by WerewolfHunter »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:37 pm Who here thinks Maple is town? I know it's been mentioned a few times today.
I could totally see them flipping town here
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark
Posts in topic: 438

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:13 pm I wish the wolves would TMI me v
maple is a villager dont ask why i just know this
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

If y’all think Maple is town then ... why are you voting there
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:41 pm If y’all think Maple is town then ... why are you voting there
:srsnod:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:39 pm
ngl that post + rereading the progression made me do one of these faces :evileye:
My issue with it was he said he called ted out and then if you read it he called ted town so like that didn't make sense to me.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:43 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:39 pm
My issue with it was he said he called ted out and then if you read it he called ted town so like that didn't make sense to me.
What I pointed out was that Ted backed off of JPIC, but continued to hammer into Tim. I think Tim is very likely a villager here, so this is def noteworthy, especially when we consider how ITAs went down. Me and Kieth talked about this at length: how people took shots at Daisy, and some of those people have now flipped wolf. The list I gave was Jpic + Daisy, and people ignored the former, despite the fact that there was Ted having a slap fight with people in the group.

What do yall think about this?
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Hopefully everyone checks in before ITAs at least
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by WerewolfHunter »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm Hopefully everyone checks in before ITAs at least
what would be helpful to figure out is when they are lol
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hi, I'm here. I've been tired all day. What's going on?
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

WerewolfHunter wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:03 pm
Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm Hopefully everyone checks in before ITAs at least
what would be helpful to figure out is when they are lol
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Night 1 - Actions to Juliets and Mac plz))

Post by Hyena »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:46 am
Hyena wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:39 pm Yo, if I died in the night, there's a good chance that Daisy is mafia. I sent her a heart emoji in the night, and if she's mafia, I die. If she's town, then I don't die.

Thus, I need to know if I actually did die or not.
Don't you have someone better to peek than the soft confirmed person

This sounds sketchy
Initially I thought about going for Tim or Maple, but Daisy had been posting ♡'s all day, so I did it for the memes.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

DaisyCloud wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:16 pm @Hyena @cayvie
I'm here now. ~.~..zzZ
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Hyena wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:09 pm Hi, I'm here. I've been tired all day. What's going on?
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Night 1 - Actions to Juliets and Mac plz))

Post by Maple »

Hyena wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:39 pm Yo, if I died in the night, there's a good chance that Daisy is mafia. I sent her a heart emoji in the night, and if she's mafia, I die. If she's town, then I don't die.

This sounds sketchy
Initially I thought about going for Tim or Maple, but Daisy had been posting ♡'s all day, so I did it for the memes.
I'm supremely confident that that would have killed you, so good choice.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Oh cool, it looks like a different group of people are posting than the people I had been seeing when I was active D1.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:12 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm

This sounds sketchy
I'm supremely confident that that would have killed you, so good choice.
The way my ability is worded, I don't think you being a Miller would've affected things, but, like, I didn't want to risk it. Plus, I figured Daisy would eventually end up getting pushed again, so I thought it wouldn't be a super-bad choice.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

@ players

someone or someone's who knows how to do the vite count analysis thingy please do so. also ifk if wagonomics is same thing over not. in my head it's different, so could someone post that too please?

I tried like to do a post of vote count analyst I got hung up on where people suppose to go in the brackets.

please please help me. or if someone did and I somehow missed it please link me yo the post/posts
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

vote*

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

thank you for your time and attention ♡♡♡

Victories:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Ted, who flipped scum, was pushing on JPIC early D1. That was one major point against JPIC being scum. Plus, he claimed Jailkeeper, which theoretically means he'll get resolved/nightkilled eventually.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Hyena wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:12 pm Oh cool, it looks like a different group of people are posting than the people I had been seeing when I was active D1.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

DaisyCloud wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:17 pm @ players

someone or someone's who knows how to do the vite count analysis thingy please do so. also ifk if wagonomics is same thing over not. in my head it's different, so could someone post that too please?

I tried like to do a post of vote count analyst I got hung up on where people suppose to go in the brackets.

please please help me. or if someone did and I somehow missed it please link me yo the post/posts
I'm terrible at vote count analysis and wagonomics, but I'll give it a shot later.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Hyena wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:15 pm The way my ability is worded, I don't think you being a Miller would've affected things, but, like, I didn't want to risk it. Plus, I figured Daisy would eventually end up getting pushed again, so I thought it wouldn't be a super-bad choice.
I count as a member of the mafia for any ability that scans for that.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

I tried looking at the VCs but the way its formatted here melts my brain.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:26 pm I agree with whoever said that everybody being parked on Maple is bad for thread health but I don’t think we can really move forward until we resolve that slot.
Why can't we move forward until we resolve Maple? I don't understand that.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:21 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:15 pm The way my ability is worded, I don't think you being a Miller would've affected things, but, like, I didn't want to risk it. Plus, I figured Daisy would eventually end up getting pushed again, so I thought it wouldn't be a super-bad choice.
Ohhh, okay. Then yeah, I probably would have died.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Hyena wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:23 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:26 pm I agree with whoever said that everybody being parked on Maple is bad for thread health but I don’t think we can really move forward until we resolve that slot.
Because people are lazy and/or have never played a mash in their lives
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:21 pm
Ohhh, okay. Then yeah, I probably would have died.
I'm also a PGO with [redacted] restrictions
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Honestly it would have been hilarious if you targeted me after I said like 50 times not to lmao
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

I should have rasterized the text and pixelated it

Rookie mistake
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am light village
-snipped-
sheepsaysmeep wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am --a line--

below a line

tenthousandcalories gut pulls him above the rest wowee

colin - he's literally just not solving in his iso lol. it doesnt make him wolf, but he fails to pass above line.
colonialbob - poe? i find the way he presents vote decisions overexplainy/awkward and >rand wolf in Post 3416 but really dont know. i may check if this is just a playstyle thing when the two of us are in f3 together.
drwigly - he used ;_; instead of ;-; what the fuck
epignosis - epignosis
iwan - trying to explain sub-nulls is getting tedious because there isnt much of an explanation tbqh. my reads are generally sort by postcount/start resolving lower impact less content slots, which i do think is somewhat warranted by the gamestate and the fact that it currently feels like town is winning.
long con - i swear every iso in this list is a carbon copy of the others
Most of the people at the bottom of the list are Syndikatkats, coincidentally. How were you reading other Syndikatkats? For the ones that have died, were they accurate?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:24 pm Honestly it would have been hilarious if you targeted me after I said like 50 times not to lmao
I don't always like following directions. It does backfire occasionally, lol. I did see you repeating that, though, yeah.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:23 pm
Because people are lazy and/or have never played a mash in their lives
I mean, I don't think this game being a mash has anything to do with it. Just interacting with people, even if you're not making reads yet, is kinda productive, especially if you haven't done so yet with certain people. I dunno. I don't think it's productive to focus entirely on one person, though. :shrug2:
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

I posted some spew analysis today, if you want to check that out.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:34 pm I posted some spew analysis today, if you want to check that out.
I probably will do that now since the people I was hoping to talk to a bit seemed to have left the thread.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Cool, sounds good. I'm gonna be on mobile but have notifications on.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 0)

Post by Hyena »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:31 pm
xalt wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:05 am
Ephemeral wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:02 am
Ephemeral wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59 am I don't recall jumpluff being this sort of character who machine-gun posts

weh
conclusion is that jumpluff has a spam role whose power/abilities are dependent on posting a lot

look at me I'm a genius

glgl
given the odds that this is an actual possibility im willing to give a little weight to this theory

but overall that tells us nothing about the alignment of said role so w/e
xalt wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:10 am
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:03 am
Ephemeral wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:02 am
Ephemeral wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59 am I don't recall jumpluff being this sort of character who machine-gun posts

weh
conclusion is that jumpluff has a spam role whose power/abilities are dependent on posting a lot

look at me I'm a genius

glgl
Curious why you would suspect Jump of this over myself???
i assume this question by extension applies to me so i will answer

ephs post summarizes my feelings on you

and also you said you were posting in the neighborhood to make sure you didnt clog thread so going entirely against your role design seems like a bad idea

Call me tunneled but this just doesn't give me partnery vibes, especially since they're both talking about someone we know to be a villager here. Plus answering such a freebie question for your partner is a thonker

For a guy who keeps saying he's going back to league, he's certainly chilling in the thread for a long while.
Ehhh... did Ephemeral ever answer TLib's question? I feel like if I had been in Xalt's shoes, I'd be expecting TLib to ask the same question to me after Eph answered if I didn't answer first. The way Xalt answered has more of a "I'm probably going to have to answer this, too, at some point, so here we go" rather than "here, I'll answer for Eph."
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 0)

Post by Hyena »

Maple wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:31 pm
xalt wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:53 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:49 pm
xalt wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:48 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:46 pm Image
I'm comfortable with sticking with this for now, it's a nice starting point. I also never want to read 50+ pages in a row ever again.

Town reads:
Poison Chan
Silverkeith
Marcher Jovian
Jumpluff
Ephemeral
DDL
Nanook
Maple
Xalt
sheepsaysmeep
Thisisnotacemarvel

Scum reads:
Timsup2nothin
tedxtr
polypies
PunchyTheCat
Nutella
Sloonei
Daisycloud
Hyena
Sloonei
i recognize your commitment and you can be green

but

are these reads made off of the posts that pinged you in your catchup spreadsheet

Correct, Not all the posts listed are bad however, some are good, others bad, and some are just votes or ITA. Theyre more so posts of interest
right ok

im sure your fatigue is genuine in some capacity but i really want some of these explained with more than just postnums
interactions with spyro, inconclusive
I agree, though I'd probably want to look at the actual reads Sprit gave. Regardless of Sprit's alignment, Xalt liked the reads enough to give Sprit a townread for it.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Hyena wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:27 pm
sheepsaysmeep wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am light village
-snipped-
sheepsaysmeep wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am --a line--

below a line

tenthousandcalories gut pulls him above the rest wowee

colin - he's literally just not solving in his iso lol. it doesnt make him wolf, but he fails to pass above line.
colonialbob - poe? i find the way he presents vote decisions overexplainy/awkward and >rand wolf in Post 3416 but really dont know. i may check if this is just a playstyle thing when the two of us are in f3 together.
drwigly - he used ;_; instead of ;-; what the fuck
epignosis - epignosis
iwan - trying to explain sub-nulls is getting tedious because there isnt much of an explanation tbqh. my reads are generally sort by postcount/start resolving lower impact less content slots, which i do think is somewhat warranted by the gamestate and the fact that it currently feels like town is winning.
long con - i swear every iso in this list is a carbon copy of the others
Most of the people at the bottom of the list are Syndikatkats, coincidentally. How were you reading other Syndikatkats? For the ones that have died, were they accurate?
ugh i'm so tired of this

can we either use Syndicats or Syndikitkats, both flow much better

Return to “Previous Jobs”