U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
Apogee
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by Apogee »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:10 pm village

sheep
manti
ddl - wolfy by posts but the claim is almost certainly real and almost certainly a village role if it exists?
rej - i remember him being dead yet here he is. if he's not actually dead i'll read the iso oops

notably villagey

adam
daisy
poison
jump
punchy

somewhat villagey

apogee
eph - big iso sheeping manti
iaafr
marcher
silverkeith
tedxtr
tim
wwhunter

maaaaybe villagey; i am unlikely to attempt to explain or defend but here you go

bee
colonial
hyena
nanook
naletlu
poly
ace
xalt

maaaaybe villagey but immediately tried to profit off of my placement of him here and now im scared

awesome

>rand village but likely self resolves anyway

jpic

idk

colin
wigly
epignosis
iwan
jack
martin
shizune
speedchuck - maybe one lower idk
sprityo - iso is impossible to read send sheepable takes here
tenthousandcalories

below null i guess?

cayvie
logic
long con
sabie
sloonei
urist

gladiatored poison who is probably village

hank

alphabetical within tiers

donot play the game by sheeping this list or some shit if i flip early because i saw a lot of these names for the first time just now and spent like 30 seconds in some iso's

in recent games ive often been citing lists like these as out of my wolfrange. thinking aboout it now i havent legitimately wolfed in so long that i have no idea whether i might actually be able to fake an omegalist like this lol but pretend im correct that i cant wolf anyways

below nulls are especially unconfident and gutbased/somewhat forced; i would rather sheep manti than hard push for those tbh

not spoiling this is very much intentional

just cleared myself gg glgl sheep out manti controls my vote
I'm starting to tunnel Sheep of this post

Look at the bottom tier
Then the second and third to bottom tiers
Then at the flips

Then look at how Sheep sussed ted early on and put him in town

Then back at the list
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 2 - Day Poo Agin)

Post by Apogee »

Oh god I'm continuing to enter my large game baddie meta

Of course that meta was as a cult

And it found me like 4 wolves

So it might work here
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by WerewolfHunter »

Prob would have went iwan as well personally
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:35 pm I'm starting to wonder if this post is getting me an OMGUS:
Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:33 pm If I'm throwing out reads purely based off of where I think I recall *shrugs* or *headtilts*

I kinda want to look at Rabbit and/or Sheep. But at least rabbit has a good claim and sheep might too right.

Who is DrWigly
And who is Iwan

I'm going to read them

Iwan just got vigged and flipped town.

Sheep and Rabbit are sort of interlocked. Rabbit claims to have disappeared Ephemeral, a "mafia gaslighter." Logic got a note that fits the gaslighter role that says Sheep is a wolf. In theory being target of this gaslighter makes Sheep town.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Tentative ITA shooting list:

Shoot until dead:

Dr Wilgy
ColinIsCool

Then fire at:

Long Con
Sprit
Apogee
Sabie
Beeboy

If you have a SOLID clear...not "gosh they seem towny to me" but something that really is a towny ACTION they have taken, please @ me. There will be discussion and if there seems to be agreement among a few people they will be removed.

If someone higher up the clear list REALLY seems wolfy to you, convince four other people and @ me and they can be added to the list.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE CHANGES IN THE LIST DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:42 pm
Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:35 pm I'm starting to wonder if this post is getting me an OMGUS:
Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:33 pm If I'm throwing out reads purely based off of where I think I recall *shrugs* or *headtilts*

I kinda want to look at Rabbit and/or Sheep. But at least rabbit has a good claim and sheep might too right.

Who is DrWigly
And who is Iwan

I'm going to read them

Sheep and Rabbit are sort of interlocked. Rabbit claims to have disappeared Ephemeral, a "mafia gaslighter." Logic got a note that fits the gaslighter role that says Sheep is a wolf. In theory being target of this gaslighter makes Sheep town.
Yeah I read Iwan more later and saw the vig shot

But sheep has now been up and down all over my slot. I'm inclined to trust the rabbit claim but I'm mixed on rabbit.
But this is reasonably solid mech I suppose
I do see a world where sheep + rabbit are wolfing. w!rabbit disappears t!ephemeral, a town peek sender. Rabbit claims Ephemeral is gaslighter to discredit the peek, gain towncred, makes Manti look bad, and set up a bunch of fake spew stuff if Ephemeral isn't actually a wolf.

But that's more tinfoil tier for now.
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:45 pm Tentative ITA shooting list:

Shoot until dead:

Dr Wilgy
ColinIsCool

Then fire at:

Long Con
Sprit
Apogee
Sabie
Beeboy

If you have a SOLID clear...not "gosh they seem towny to me" but something that really is a towny ACTION they have taken, please @ me. There will be discussion and if there seems to be agreement among a few people they will be removed.

If someone higher up the clear list REALLY seems wolfy to you, convince four other people and @ me and they can be added to the list.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE CHANGES IN THE LIST DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE
Personal opinion is spirtyo should be more shoot than dead than the rest of us in that tier but I am biased

Long con looks worse if 1+ of Colin, Wilgy, Spirtyo is wolf
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Who is DrWigly
And who is Iwan

I'm going to read them

But sheep has now been up and down all over my slot. I'm inclined to trust the rabbit claim but I'm mixed on rabbit.
I do see a world where sheep + rabbit are wolfing. w!rabbit disappears t!ephemeral, a town peek sender. Rabbit claims Ephemeral is gaslighter to discredit the peek, gain towncred, makes Manti look bad, and set up a bunch of fake spew stuff if Ephemeral isn't actually a wolf.

And to some degree this stuff should resolve through night kills
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:48 pm
Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Who is DrWigly
And who is Iwan

I'm going to read them

And to some degree this stuff should resolve through night kills
If the immediate POE is slaughtered in the night and there are two wolves running loose, iaafr and Sheep make a plausible pair. Will keep in mind,
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 666
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:07 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:01 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:48 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 pm But yeah I’d rather just cluster shots on colin/wilgy and go to sprit/apogee then if somehow all four are dead we can talk about LC/sabie then

We don’t need “readable moments by decision who yo shoot” right now, we need to clear the POE and see if the game ends
The "clear the POE and see if the game ends" is gonna come from night vigs. There's three wolves besides Maple, so even if Colin and Wilgy are two there's one left. Vigs have to have enough targets that they don't overlap shots though.
ITAs can potentially help speed things along, and make our vig shots more useful

I’m making the shot list this time around, I expect people to adhere to it 🤷‍♀️
Yeah whatever. If it's a consensus list I will, if it is made up of "Nanook says so that's how it is" and "Nanook has a feeling" then no I might not and I'll encourage people to ignore it.
I’m not going off script, just making tweaks

And I’ve been mostly right so far kek
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:39 pm Oh god I'm continuing to enter my large game baddie meta
What does that mean? I think one would have to be familiar with your meta to understand.
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Long Con wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:59 pm
Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:39 pm Oh god I'm continuing to enter my large game baddie meta
What does that mean? I think one would have to be familiar with your meta to understand.
I'm making wallpostish cases and sussing people who sus me

Which out of the two mashy games I've played before this one was all I did as a wolf pretty much

It's also me bemoaning committing more time to rereading people when this was supposed to be a less serious game
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I was also wondering what this means. I believe it has been said twice now in addition to a read on themself in the 3rd person. Unless that's all just normal for apogee?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:03 pm
I was also wondering what this means. I believe it has been said twice now in addition to a read on themself in the 3rd person. Unless that's all just normal for apogee?
Yeah it's half tongue in check to myself as I put more time in
Especially since I tryhard more as a wolf
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark
Posts in topic: 438

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

apogee all my progression should be traceable in my iso and youre cherrypicking when you just pick two different stances and say it doesnt make sense

admittedly i didnt talk about the small changes in early stages because i was sorta playing it like a turbo (which was not how i wanted to be playing)

you were a townread all the way back when i had spent maybe twenty minutes in thread at most and was doing things based solely off of gut, tone, thread presence and didnt feel like reading your iso which was incredibly long at the time

then i went through your iso, noted in thread that i was discomforted by how unvillagery you were compared to other recent games, rabbit called it a potentially good take, you became a wolfread

i messed up on ted when i changed my mind yeah but at least fmpov i dont think it shoould look at all like it was out of thin air

Ok so the shot list is:

Shoot Colin and wilgy until they’re dead

After Colin and wilgy are dead:
Sprit/Beeboy
If those two also die, then and only then can you can shoot at
LC/apogee/sabie
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

list is

fine

as gone over before literally leasing exactly every single shoot isnt super beneficial, so im not really worried about the little details, but we seem to be in general agreement about the group of players to focus on
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:11 pm apogee all my progression should be traceable in my iso and youre cherrypicking when you just pick two different stances and say it doesnt make sense

admittedly i didnt talk about the small changes in early stages because i was sorta playing it like a turbo (which was not how i wanted to be playing)

you were a townread all the way back when i had spent maybe twenty minutes in thread at most and was doing things based solely off of gut, tone, thread presence and didnt feel like reading your iso which was incredibly long at the time

then i went through your iso, noted in thread that i was discomforted by how unvillagery you were compared to other recent games, rabbit called it a potentially good take, you became a wolfread

i messed up on ted when i changed my mind yeah but at least fmpov i dont think it shoould look at all like it was out of thin air
Ok like I track this kind of
And the ted think is not demonstrative in and of itself of course.

And I don't think it's impossible for v!you to think this of course but you kinda whiplash on my slot twice + a half time. I am trying to consider if it's more wolfy or towny for you to give so much credence to my claim early on and then walk it back and like I 100% can see how it happens from both sides but like I'm eh.

And I don't really think I cherry picked the posts on me at least 90% sure I got all the posts you made about me up to some point yesterday. And you can probably appreciate how from my angle seeing not all the posts you've made the differences here are ?!?

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:17 pm list is

fine

as gone over before literally leasing exactly every single shoot isnt super beneficial, so im not really worried about the little details, but we seem to be in general agreement about the group of players to focus on
Yeh

For ITAs I want it a bit more focused or I think it’s harder to hit mafia?

We’ll use a bigger pool for vig shots obviously
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

yeah ok fair
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

fair to apogee

and to nanook

idk

good talk

see you on real day three
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:15 pm Ok so the shot list is:

Sprit/Beeboy
LC/apogee/sabie
This is pretty much fine

I'm shooting Spirit over wilgy though

If wilgy is the maf and sprit isn't then rip me but eh I should stick to what I actually think more

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:20 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:15 pm Ok so the shot list is:

Sprit/Beeboy
LC/apogee/sabie
This is pretty much fine

If wilgy is the maf and sprit isn't then rip me but eh I should stick to what I actually think more
Naw stick to the list

Sprit’s still gonna be in the vig pool
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

juliets wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:41 pm
HEADS UP AGAIN

ITA ANNOUNCEMENT:

ITA'S WILL BE TOMORROW, HOPEFULLY AT 7:00 PM EDT SO YOU'LL HAVE TIME BEFORE END OF DAY AT 10:14 EDT.

PLEASE NOTE THOUGH THIS TIME COULD CHANGE! CHECK THE LINKS ON THE FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES!

I've been doing an assignment for class for almost 10 hours straight now, please don't tempt me, Apogee
Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:20 pm

Sprit/Beeboy
LC/apogee/sabie
This is pretty much fine

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

vig pool should just be decided after ita's via observing which ones didnt die in ita's lol
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

this is a kinda pointless conversation i usually wouldnt entertain but ive had nothing to do for like 72 hours
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe Time Master can fast forward to the ITAs.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

OK sorry was out of pocket all day. Looks like ITAs are tomorrow, cool, I'll set an alarm. Has the shot on Iwan been claimed (just for my info)? And has anything else interesting happened?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:57 pm OK sorry was out of pocket all day. Looks like ITAs are tomorrow, cool, I'll set an alarm. Has the shot on Iwan been claimed (just for my info)? And has anything else interesting happened?
It was Long Con. He earned a vig shot and took it from the list. You should ISO him and look back at how he earned it. Pretty funny.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm out of here for tonight. PM questions or ping me in the thread and I'll see them in the morning.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:00 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:57 pm OK sorry was out of pocket all day. Looks like ITAs are tomorrow, cool, I'll set an alarm. Has the shot on Iwan been claimed (just for my info)? And has anything else interesting happened?
It was Long Con. He earned a vig shot and took it from the list. You should ISO him and look back at how he earned it. Pretty funny.
lmao

[mention]Long Con[/mention] i listened to the full 1:01, feel like you need an autotune remix
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

am i dead
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

you flipped vanilla town
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

fuck there arent any
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

you flipped town innocent child

laugh
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:11 pmam i dead
Nope. Neither am I.
ImageImageImageImage
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i, too, am not dead.

[mention]cayvie[/mention] sorry if you’ve answered this already and I missed, but do you have more shots left? Don’t claim how many if you do, just 0 or >0 please
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:05 pm
lmao

@Long Con i listened to the full 1:01, feel like you need an autotune remix
That would be awesome.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

i knew i wasnt dead i just wanted a post on this page :hattip:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

That's how it is on this bitch of an earth.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:17 pm @cayvie sorry if you’ve answered this already and I missed, but do you have more shots left? Don’t claim how many if you do, just 0 or >0 please
[mention]cayvie[/mention]

Please lie. Or bluff and tell the truth. If you have continuing kill power don't make a target of yourself. If you don't, maybe lie and draw fire. I dunno. Just do what you do...and please stick to the vig kill list that will be posted right around EoD. Thanx.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:33 pm Image
Yo baller! ITAs tomorrow at 7PM eastern probably. Follow the list please.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Long Con wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:21 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:05 pm
lmao

@Long Con i listened to the full 1:01, feel like you need an autotune remix
That would be awesome.
I think we get the right beat behind you there and send you viral. #duckmanbluesband
ImageImageImageImage

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:41 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:17 pm @cayvie sorry if you’ve answered this already and I missed, but do you have more shots left? Don’t claim how many if you do, just 0 or >0 please
@cayvie

Please lie. Or bluff and tell the truth. If you have continuing kill power don't make a target of yourself. If you don't, maybe lie and draw fire. I dunno. Just do what you do...and please stick to the vig kill list that will be posted right around EoD. Thanx.
Our plan involves vigging people, WIFOM less important than knowing if our plan will actually, ya know, work.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

people who can die/be shot at/yeeted and are anti-town/scum in no particular order:

colonialbob- not game solvey, their reads are trash, shaded jumpluff, just jokey posts, seems like tmi

Colin- basically same as bob

sabie- not game solvey

Epignosis- if I'm to understand that one meme/gif they shared thdy are supposed to be vig. i think that is not town vig but mafia vig. also i think that whole thry cam make people miss needs to be talked about. idk whst that means. at this point even spirtyo went off from rping too. done 0 to help town solve this game

Dr.Wigly- iso is absolutely scummy
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

epi shot a wolf lol

would also rather not hurt colonial here yet given he's claimed kp as long as he picks both targets within poe
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:14 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:41 pm
@cayvie

Our plan involves vigging people, WIFOM less important than knowing if our plan will actually, ya know, work.
Well, it's gonna work. Maybe not all in one night, but certainly by D4 as long as we don't get all the vigs killed we will clock the bottom tiers.

Making sure we get max participation in ITAs will help too.
ImageImageImageImage

We’re definitely not killing bob before D3 kek

Return to “Previous Jobs”