nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 1]

Post by nutella »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:11 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:04 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:02 pm The thing giving me pause about nutella would be the fact that she forgot my meta / used that argument without being sure of my meta which seems like a major oversight for a wolf that's gonna push cases on villagers
tbh i also feel like the turbo the other night where you were obvious wolf to me also contributed to me feeling sorta confident in your meta at this moment

i've gotten you wrong before but your entrance in this game hit your villager notes imo
I mean idk what to say about this given that I am town so you're correct but the why is kinda vague

I remember you tone reading me as a wolf in that game so I don't know what your perception of my meta is?

My problem with you altogether is that if I understand correctly, you tone read me based on you comparing to my wolf meta from turbo or whatever, when I've only posted GIFs this game (at the time you made the read)
Yeah idk you felt comfortable here while the toneread of you as wolf was that you were kinda stilted

and when you started scumreading me that solidified it more I guess
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 282

Post by tutuu »

I forgot 10k calories was itg. Them or nanook last maf
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by ColinIsCool »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:09 am Amy and tutuu are both involved in the game in a way I wouldn't expect they could create as scum- townleans there still.

Urist seems to be coasting a little bit and isn't offering too much of substance, but I like their tone and they seem to be inside a cocoon of genuine uncertainty around the gamestate. I maintain my townlean.

Colin is way on the outskirts of things, dropping in to comment little bits here and there without much solving actions. I think he's a good person to put under the microscope.
This post again is like, what. The first graf is sensible enough but the second has that wishy-washy hesitancy and the third is just incorrigible. It is worth noting that 112 suggested I be put under a microscope but made no effort to do so.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Or colin idk

U bamboozled me amy wtf
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:03 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm tutuu/Alison not townreading each other anymore makes me think I might be wrong townreading both of them them. Alison's push on tutuu actually reminds me a lot of how she pushed me in Space Invaders regarding the you don't have tangible things against me line and ~aggressivity-ish level
Have you seen my other games? All my pushes are aggressive. No reason to push someone if you don't want to kill them, and if you want to kill them then why not be aggressive?

Also ask yourself if town Alison would be annoyed by people wrongly scumreading her for no reason before you make that comparison tbh
Your agressivity level in your handling of tutuu seems disproportionate to how you're actually reading her. It seemed like you were still hesitating a lot/trying to convince her you're town while simultaneously trying to shade her.

And yeah I can see that lol, though I haven't really played with town you.
ImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 113
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:14 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:02 pm The thing giving me pause about nutella would be the fact that she forgot my meta / used that argument without being sure of my meta which seems like a major oversight for a wolf that's gonna push cases on villagers
tbh i also feel like the turbo the other night where you were obvious wolf to me also contributed to me feeling sorta confident in your meta at this moment

i've gotten you wrong before but your entrance in this game hit your villager notes imo
I mean idk what to say about this given that I am town so you're correct but the why is kinda vague

I remember you tone reading me as a wolf in that game so I don't know what your perception of my meta is?

My problem with you altogether is that if I understand correctly, you tone read me based on you comparing to my wolf meta from turbo or whatever, when I've only posted GIFs this game (at the time you made the read)
Yeah idk you felt comfortable here while the toneread of you as wolf was that you were kinda stilted

Reinforcing the point because you either missed it or ignored it - you literally gave a tone read when all I did was post GIFs this game? Or is there some other development to this read?

Like did you only come up with the tone read after I "tunneled" you or was it before?

If it wasn't before, then why was I ever a town read in the first place?
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

If 112 flips maf the game is SUPER EASY imo

If she flips town pls stay a while and listen
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 am
112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:15 am someone called tenthousandcalories obvious town but i didn't like the only post i remember from that slot

who was it and why are they obvtown?
it was a misunderstanding between me and carotte, turns out nobody is townreading 10k calories
thanks

[VOTE: TenThousandCalories] aubergine
Justification in an earlier post being “I didn’t like the post I saw from them”. “Disgusting.”
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:16 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:03 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm tutuu/Alison not townreading each other anymore makes me think I might be wrong townreading both of them them. Alison's push on tutuu actually reminds me a lot of how she pushed me in Space Invaders regarding the you don't have tangible things against me line and ~aggressivity-ish level
Have you seen my other games? All my pushes are aggressive. No reason to push someone if you don't want to kill them, and if you want to kill them then why not be aggressive?

Also ask yourself if town Alison would be annoyed by people wrongly scumreading her for no reason before you make that comparison tbh
Your agressivity level in your handling of tutuu seems disproportionate to how you're actually reading her. It seemed like you were still hesitating a lot/trying to convince her you're town while simultaneously trying to shade her.

And yeah I can see that lol, though I haven't really played with town you.
I started out as trying to convince her I was town because I thought she was also town but as the argument developed I started to believe she was just making a bad, scummy push on me, her views and logic didn't add up and a lot of the things she was saying just felt like baseless attempts to discredit me so at that point I conceded that Occam's Razor was that she was probably just scum and voted her
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[VOTE: 112] aubergine on the basis of my recent posts and I trust that wagon (nutella and Amy) more than the others.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 73

Post by nutella »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:17 pm

Reinforcing the point because you either missed it or ignored it - you literally gave a tone read when all I did was post GIFs this game? Or is there some other development to this read?

Like did you only come up with the tone read after I "tunneled" you or was it before?

it was before

idk why we're still talking about this?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:04 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:52 pm My preferred exe pool for D1 is tutuu/112/TH

Don't have strong feelings about the order
omg how do you have a preferred pool so early
I don't really like it, the only ~okay vote is 112 and she's like the most consensus vote in the thread. Why are you not including some of the other low posters?
You've read all the posts I made where I painstakingly write down all the reasons I have to believe that those three people are scum right?

I have no idea why you're confused that I have a preferred exe pool early when I have real reasons to believe these people are scum and I don't have any reason to believe assorted other low posters are scum other than being low posters (which is weaker than the scumreads I have on these specific people)
I mean. Your reasons exist but they seem pretty weak to me and realistically you're probably not gonna be sheeped on tutuu/Turnip Head and 112 is pretty consensus anyway so it seems like a convenient way to distance yourself from whatever the vote result will be.
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

You can definitely perceive my vote on 112 as a NO U but the suspicion of moi feels somewhat opportunistic tbh. And I don’t feel inclined to vote Mac or Amy at all
Alison

Post by Alison »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:22 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:04 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:52 pm My preferred exe pool for D1 is tutuu/112/TH

Don't have strong feelings about the order
omg how do you have a preferred pool so early
I don't really like it, the only ~okay vote is 112 and she's like the most consensus vote in the thread. Why are you not including some of the other low posters?
You've read all the posts I made where I painstakingly write down all the reasons I have to believe that those three people are scum right?

I have no idea why you're confused that I have a preferred exe pool early when I have real reasons to believe these people are scum and I don't have any reason to believe assorted other low posters are scum other than being low posters (which is weaker than the scumreads I have on these specific people)
I mean. Your reasons exist but they seem pretty weak to me and realistically you're probably not gonna be sheeped on tutuu/Turnip Head and 112 is pretty consensus anyway so it seems like a convenient way to distance yourself from whatever the vote result will be.
I don't care if my reasons seem weak to you as long as it's clear to you why I believe them

Does not seem clear that tutuu/TH are unexeable D1 either
Alison

Post by Alison »

But also if voting someone nobody else wants to vote is distancing myself from the result and voting someone everyone wants to vote is distancing myself from the result then it's not particularly clear what you want from me unless you believe the only good exe pools are those consisting of extremely polarized players and inactives
Alison

Post by Alison »

Colin is town btw
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 113
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:22 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:17 pm

it was before

idk why we're still talking about this?
it does seem like a moot point
ImageImageImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Speaking of Turnip Head they're like copy-pasted version of v!them in Pyre Mafia. I still feel awful for that banishment tbh. It's not a strong townread but I'm definitively not voting them today
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I am unlynchable, unkillable, immune to poison, dayvig, arson and even unmodkillable.

i have traveled through every Plane in the multiverse ever since my spark ignited and every single one resulted in my overwhelming victory and your crushing defeat.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

haha tutuu is becoming a full time copy-pastas maker
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I was going to do the thing where you post everyone and give a read on them but then I said the same thing 12 times and didn’t post it.

My only interesting question/point was whether anybody is suspicious or pinged by Nanook. I’m not really sure why you scumread Mac without also scumreading him, they’re both essentially playing the same way.
Alison

Post by Alison »

It's fine in small doses but at the point she replaces all of her posts with this stuff I'm inclined to ignore her until she's willing to play properly
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm null on nanook
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

^This is not necessarily a defense of Mac. (But I’m probably not voting there still.)
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I put TSP in the same pile with Nanook and Mac. Slanky
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

I'm liking Colin's recent posting. For NANOOK his initial vibe pinged me as bad, as he's trying to please/not ruffle feathers. I literally said "I'm watching you" and he turned this around by saying he'll townread me if I make an infographic or something
ImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Amy »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:15 pm Or colin idk

U bamboozled me amy wtf
colin is the villageriest person in my "would vote" pile by a long shot

mostly stayed down their due to insufficient sample size

his current burying of 112 is... something i need to consider
hope you're having a good day
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 124

Post by Urist »

19%

Voters: nutella, Amy, ColinIsCool

Alison
6%

Voters: tutuu

Amy
13%

Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, MacDougall

Carotenoid
6%

Voters: Turnip Head

ColinIsCool
No votes

Voters: None

MacDougall
13%

Voters: TonyStarkPrime, protocultures

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes

nutella
6%

Voters: tedxtr

protocultures
No votes

tedxtr
No votes

TenThousandCalories
6%

Voters: 112

TonyStarkPrime
No votes

Turnip Head
No votes

tutuu
6%

Voters: Alison

Urist
No votes

No chop
No votes

No vote / Unvote
6%

Voters: Urist
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

eh fuck it
[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 0]

Post by Carotenoid »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:44 pm
protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:06 pm pretty sure it was Alison who was describing that sometimes they like to get scrumread at start of game and then climb out of the hole they dug for themselves as some sort of challenge. Might also be toitally mistaking that for another player. Cant 100% be sure it was alison. If it was, someone else can probably confirm it.

Open wolfing is also something Alison would do as mafia. It is also something they would need to do as actual mafia since they do it as town for balance reasons. You either dont understand this logic, or you do.

I have seen tutuu be more towny when town. She is not lock town to me at the moment. She in POE with everyone else.

No hard town reads or scumreads other than Alison atm.

Joseph prides himself on being good at mafia. He currently thinks I am mafia. Gonna omgus and lean Joseph as mafia here for scumreading me. Not as direct omgus, but more based on the fact that he should be able to read me as town. Granted I havent been very towny, but even so.

This post itself likely to get me more scumread. oh well.

Game is easier if I am scumread because when everyone pockets me as clear town, the game is harder. OMGUS to find the mafia usually isnt a terrible strategy.
... Is Alison a town read or a scum read?
[mention]protocultures[/mention] You missed this post >:( Anyway:
protocultures wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:57 pm[...]
Alison - prob still mafia but not voting them day 1 because: they are currently hard defending me when a couple people want to kill me. If they are town, its good I am not pushing them. If they are mafia, they are doing a good job townsiding by pocketing and hard defending me.

I assume I misremembered the name of the player who likes being scumread at start of games to dig themselves out of a hole since Alison is saying this not NOT something she said, and also nobody else remembers this either so think its a conversation I had with someone else in another mafia community. Oddly she notes she thinks I am fabricating this whole thing but still townreads me. Either way, look to point above - Alison is town and defending me or she is hard defending me as mafia, both of which are good for now and why I wont vote her day 1. Kind of unfairly, I will probably always have a suspicion of Alison in every single game I play with them.

My second point on alison i am pretty sure is NOT a lie. That is that they claim mafia on day 0/1 - pretty sure Alison did this in Lion King as town and they did it in this game as well. My point remains that if she will do this as town, she must do this as mafia as well for balance reasons.
[...]
So this implies the first quoted post was a scumread, which is ??? For every reason you think she's mafia you also give the counterargument. Second quote is even worse, t!protocultures doesn't accept nonsense like that and isn't afraid to get engaged against his scumreads.
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] [mention]MacDougall[/mention] having ur votes still parked on amy is a SIN. what is your excuse u children of satan?????
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Ugh can proto/Alison be w/w? Alison's reaction to protocultures mischaracterizing her meta is clearly different from her reaction to tutuu.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah *resist the temptation of starting to tunnel*

There's a lot of people that just... Exist. I should probably look at them hmn
ImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

I just got off the phone with my wagon analyst, she says that 112 is most likely town here due to lack of momentum on that wagon.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:19 pm I just got off the phone with my wagon analyst, she says that 112 is most likely town here due to lack of momentum on that wagon.
Where is the momentum supposed to come from if 112 were scum?
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:19 pm I just got off the phone with my wagon analyst, she says that 112 is most likely town here due to lack of momentum on that wagon.
i don't follow
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm Ugh can proto/Alison be w/w? Alison's reaction to protocultures mischaracterizing her meta is clearly different from her reaction to tutuu.

proto called Alison town for meta, while tutuu called Alison mafia for meta. It makes sense that the reaction is different, regardless of the alignments of all involved.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:21 pm
Her buddies, duh.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:23 pm
Her buddies, duh.
so you're... asserting that 112 would be getting bussed if she were a wolf? am i reading that right?
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:22 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:07 pm Ugh can proto/Alison be w/w? Alison's reaction to protocultures mischaracterizing her meta is clearly different from her reaction to tutuu.

proto called Alison town for meta, while tutuu called Alison mafia for meta. It makes sense that the reaction is different, regardless of the alignments of all involved.
hmn, yeah proto's call to meta was much more ambiguous but it still ended in a scumread
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Her buddies, duh.
What if they haven’t logged on since I added 1 vote to put it above two other wagons at 2 votes (three now)?
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Her buddies, duh.
what if they're just afk though
ImageImage
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:01 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @MacDougall having ur votes still parked on amy is a SIN. what is your excuse u children of satan?????
I like the company
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wow it’s almost as fun watching people react to Urist’s quiet sarcasm as it watching them throw themselves at the wall of elli “Im not going to explain my read but it’s correct” bereth
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

oh wow mindmeld :p

Yeah, I'm feeling ColinIsCool pretty townie.
ImageImage

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:35 pm I put TSP in the same pile with Nanook and Mac. Slanky
I think you meant to say skanky
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:27 pm
Her buddies, duh.
what if they're just afk though
I know this game feels slow, but how many AFKers do we actually have? 10k, maybe? I think that most people have logged on since 112 became the thread's pariah, so I'm not sure your counterargument is valid.
I'm ok with slapping a caveat of "if 2 lurkers flip scum, invalidate me" on my analysis. But like... I don't really think that's going to happen.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:30 pm Wow it’s almost as fun watching people react to Urist’s quiet sarcasm as it watching them throw themselves at the wall of elli “Im not going to explain my read but it’s correct” bereth
i'm not sarcastic wtf

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:30 pm Wow it’s almost as fun watching people react to Urist’s quiet sarcasm as it watching them throw themselves at the wall of elli “Im not going to explain my read but it’s correct” bereth
i'm not sarcastic wtf
Oh right sorry I forgot you’re a Super Serious Mafia Player with no sense of humor.

My bad.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:41 pm
Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:39 pm
i'm not sarcastic wtf
Oh right sorry I forgot you’re a Super Serious Mafia Player with no sense of humor.

My bad.
it's true, i'm basically a robot

Return to “Previous Heists”