64%

Total votes: 14
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 0]

Post by Carotenoid »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:13 am Anybody know if Alison is the type of player that would make this post to a scummate so early on?
Alison wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:45 pm
112 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 am Town
tutuu
Amy
Urist
Mac
I hate this post.
It's not out of her scumrange
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jumping around to read proto in light of that post
protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:06 pm pretty sure it was Alison who was describing that sometimes they like to get scrumread at start of game and then climb out of the hole they dug for themselves as some sort of challenge. Might also be toitally mistaking that for another player. Cant 100% be sure it was alison. If it was, someone else can probably confirm it.

Open wolfing is also something Alison would do as mafia. It is also something they would need to do as actual mafia since they do it as town for balance reasons. You either dont understand this logic, or you do.

I have seen tutuu be more towny when town. She is not lock town to me at the moment. She in POE with everyone else.

No hard town reads or scumreads other than Alison atm.

Joseph prides himself on being good at mafia. He currently thinks I am mafia. Gonna omgus and lean Joseph as mafia here for scumreading me. Not as direct omgus, but more based on the fact that he should be able to read me as town. Granted I havent been very towny, but even so.

This post itself likely to get me more scumread. oh well.

Game is easier if I am scumread because when everyone pockets me as clear town, the game is harder. OMGUS to find the mafia usually isnt a terrible strategy.
Is it just me or does everything in this post feel calculated/hedgy/insincere
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 3]

Post by ColinIsCool »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:14 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:13 am
protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:58 am Can anyone see a potential world of Mac and TSP? Not super pushing it since it's unlikely but can we consider it?

Tutuu has now voted on and killed 2 town. She will say she was sheeping the votes on day 2 but it's a little convenient. Don't think they are ever dying in the next night phase.

Nothing else super constructive re game or finding scum/town.
Mac/TSP world means they both agreed to bus 112 super early and that they're still bussing, unlikely

tutuu has a good point. How do you know Alison is town?
Re: your first graf — does it? Mac didn’t vote for 112 until right before EOD, which sure fine, wolf killed, but we’ve all seen wolves coast to victory doing that exact thing.
graf?
They both opened pretty aggressively against 112 and they're thunderdomingish each other. I don't think TSP/Mac team thinks their best shot is to bus this aggressively
Sorry, journo slang for paragraph

I’ll have to check that over.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 1]

Post by ColinIsCool »

Does a townie really feel the need to respond to one vote like this? Does this not look like textbook buddying?
protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:30 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:26 pm Proto, your post up there weirded me out, felt like comments for the sake of comments. [VOTE: Proto] aubergine
That's fine. We don't have much meta with eachother. You should suspect me in this spot. I townread you for it.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:18 am Hell, Alison pretty much dogged 112 from the get-go and didn’t let up. If there’s any pre-determined bus plan, it’s there ... but I don’t think there is. I doubt the mafia were truly planning on dunking one of their own from the very first.
Agree with it was probably not their plan to bus from the very start. Alison vocally disliked 112 but only voted there a few hours before EoD and 112 didn't vote Alison before she had no other choice for self-pres, so I could see the team being something like 112/TTC/Alison and the wagons on D1 being w/w.
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

This is proto’s only significant mention of 112:
protocultures wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:16 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:13 pm Mafia team

nutella
proto

disgusting
Take proto out and put Urist in
lol did I just need to OMGUS you and vote you to get townread?

i dont like the push on Nutella either.

No idea on 112. I TR Nutella kinda and she seems pretty sure 112 is maf for meta reasons, I assume.
Later proto calls 112 “meh” and eventually ends up voting there to save Alison. It could be that proto just really strongly townreads Alison which would make that “slip” not really a slip, just imprecisely written. This vote does feel somewhat more crucial than some others in getting to the 112 yeet, too, and I hesitate to say it was a bus-in-the-making. Tonally though the rest of the ISO just feels off to me. My mind isn’t made up here
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 am Jumping around to read proto in light of that post
protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:06 pm pretty sure it was Alison who was describing that sometimes they like to get scrumread at start of game and then climb out of the hole they dug for themselves as some sort of challenge. Might also be toitally mistaking that for another player. Cant 100% be sure it was alison. If it was, someone else can probably confirm it.

Open wolfing is also something Alison would do as mafia. It is also something they would need to do as actual mafia since they do it as town for balance reasons. You either dont understand this logic, or you do.

I have seen tutuu be more towny when town. She is not lock town to me at the moment. She in POE with everyone else.

Joseph prides himself on being good at mafia. He currently thinks I am mafia. Gonna omgus and lean Joseph as mafia here for scumreading me. Not as direct omgus, but more based on the fact that he should be able to read me as town. Granted I havent been very towny, but even so.

Game is easier if I am scumread because when everyone pockets me as clear town, the game is harder. OMGUS to find the mafia usually isnt a terrible strategy.
Is it just me or does everything in this post feel calculated/hedgy/insincere
Nah, the Alison read is especially hedgy. I pointed it out but I don't think proto ever actually answered it. I'll go check.

Alison/Proto is not w/w. At first I thought Alison was trying to pocket Proto, but it might actually be the opposite that's happening.
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Carote handles 112 pretty well throughout D1, imo. The ISO seems pretty pure to me — there are a lot of recurring suspicions that progress logically, in a way that feels hard to fake.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 282

Post by tutuu »

i would never consider town alison getting pocketed by wolf proto. she just cant. she owns his soul imo.

pre-agreed bus is definitely something alison would do @ colin. not to say that she is scum for lynching a wolf, or that i am scumreading her atm, but im saying how it is. she has even said it herself this game "why would u consider me not being w/w with 112 tutuu" if u go iso her posts and control + f that. outside of the game she has mentioned that her scum game relies on bussing and focusing on reaching the conclusion that someone is scum rather than naturally getting around to making the read
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh Mac has a really good D1. Think I’m just tinfoilling by having any suspicion there
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:38 am i would never consider town alison getting pocketed by wolf proto. she just cant. she owns his soul imo.

pre-agreed bus is definitely something alison would do @ colin. not to say that she is scum for lynching a wolf, or that i am scumreading her atm, but im saying how it is. she has even said it herself this game "why would u consider me not being w/w with 112 tutuu" if u go iso her posts and control + f that. outside of the game she has mentioned that her scum game relies on bussing and focusing on reaching the conclusion that someone is scum rather than naturally getting around to making the read
Ok, thanks.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Popping out of the game for a while but to reiterate: proto????
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

This is the post where proto addresses the hedgy read on Alison -->
protocultures wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:16 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:58 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:44 pm

... Is Alison a town read or a scum read?
@protocultures You missed this post >:( Anyway:
protocultures wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:57 pm[...]
Alison - prob still mafia but not voting them day 1 because: they are currently hard defending me when a couple people want to kill me. If they are town, its good I am not pushing them. If they are mafia, they are doing a good job townsiding by pocketing and hard defending me.

I assume I misremembered the name of the player who likes being scumread at start of games to dig themselves out of a hole since Alison is saying this not NOT something she said, and also nobody else remembers this either so think its a conversation I had with someone else in another mafia community. Oddly she notes she thinks I am fabricating this whole thing but still townreads me. Either way, look to point above - Alison is town and defending me or she is hard defending me as mafia, both of which are good for now and why I wont vote her day 1. Kind of unfairly, I will probably always have a suspicion of Alison in every single game I play with them.

My second point on alison i am pretty sure is NOT a lie. That is that they claim mafia on day 0/1 - pretty sure Alison did this in Lion King as town and they did it in this game as well. My point remains that if she will do this as town, she must do this as mafia as well for balance reasons.
[...]
So this implies the first quoted post was a scumread, which is ??? For every reason you think she's mafia you also give the counterargument. Second quote is even worse, t!protocultures doesn't accept nonsense like that and isn't afraid to get engaged against his scumreads.
It doesnt matter what alignbment Alison is for Day 1, because I am not voting them day 1 today. It is beneficial for my alignment if alison stays alive at the moment.
Basically it's like :
- Hey proto why are you so unsure on Alison.
- Hey proto why are you so unsure on Alison.
- I don't care as long she's townreading me.

He did the same thing townreading nutella since she had a slight townread on him. The thing with tracking Nanook's behaviour/shrug emoji is kinda meh, he keeps going back to it but there's no real conclusion.
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Hmn I found another post where proto just never followed-up with me. He says in #881 the only thing he finds scummy from me is my readlist. Okay, I ask him to be more precise and it results it #945. I answer on #959 that our reads are actually not that different and then he just never follows-up but say he likes me for "trying to figure him out" later on. I dislike that he cares more about me trying to figure him out than trying to figure me out.

The difference in his readlist/my readlist are basically just Turnip Head & Alison (he townread her at the time but like, he scumread her for most of the day so the fact he doesn't really relate feels off). I think he only disliked my readlist because I put him at the bottom, it just doesn't seem like genuine solving concerns and the fact he just never followed-up makes me think he felt a bit caught and just hoped that I forget about that.
ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by protocultures »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:58 am Can anyone see a potential world of Mac and TSP? Not super pushing it since it's unlikely but can we consider it?

Tutuu has now voted on and killed 2 town. She will say she was sheeping the votes on day 2 but it's a little convenient. Don't think they are ever dying in the next night phase.

Mac/TSP world means they both agreed to bus 112 super early and that they're still bussing, unlikely

Decided early on in the game that game is easier if I just assume Alison is town. If we had 2 wagons on 2 mafia and assume mafia may or may not have been bussing, this game is super hard.

Amy and Alison just read town to me.

Also where in my post did I say Alison is town?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:15 am aaaaaaah is this a slip is this a slip???
Why was proto towncored in the first place?
I assume because I vote 112 to save Alison?
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Awww the more I think about this game the more it feels solvable. Like, mind-map solvable. :p I have a doctor appointment in the afternoon, I'll get on it after!
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:24 am Also where in my post did I say Alison is town?
"tutuu has now voted on and killed 2 town"
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:29 am
protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:24 am Also where in my post did I say Alison is town?
Ooooh so you think that's a slip.

Makes sense now.

I'm living in the world where Alison is town because otherwise game is too hard.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:24 am

Decided early on in the game that game is easier if I just assume Alison is town. If we had 2 wagons on 2 mafia and assume mafia may or may not have been bussing, this game is super hard.

Amy and Alison just read town to me.

Also where in my post did I say Alison is town?
You assumed Alison is town but you never really read her town!
You said tutuu has voted two towns, implying Alison is town.
protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:26 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:15 am aaaaaaah is this a slip is this a slip???
Why was proto towncored in the first place?
I assume because I vote 112 to save Alison?
The huge caveat is: is Alison really town? From her PoV it makes sense to towncore you I guess, for the rest you got cleared way to quickly for ??? reason.
ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Carotenoid[/mention]

I don't need to super work out your alignment yet. You can chill in the middle ground for a bit. There are scummier people than you who exist today.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:34 am @Carotenoid

I don't need to super work out your alignment yet. You can chill in the middle ground for a bit. There are scummier people than you who exist today.
Who are these scummier people? Who are your confident town reads?
ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Amy and Alison - town

Wiley/turnip - mafia maybe
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:33 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:29 am
Ooooh so you think that's a slip.

Makes sense now.

I'm living in the world where Alison is town because otherwise game is too hard.
i didnt say its a slip
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:37 am Amy and Alison - town

loltownreading the night kill

I thought "(scummier) people" was the plural form of "person" :p
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:14 am

Re: your first graf — does it? Mac didn’t vote for 112 until right before EOD, which sure fine, wolf killed, but we’ve all seen wolves coast to victory doing that exact thing.
graf?
They both opened pretty aggressively against 112 and they're thunderdomingish each other. I don't think TSP/Mac team thinks their best shot is to bus this aggressively
Alternatively, if anyone would do it...
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:37 am Amy and Alison - town

good town slip
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think i wanna vote 10k -> nanook -> TSP -> alison (but would depend very much on the night kils)
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:09 pm i think i wanna vote 10k -> nanook -> TSP -> alison (but would depend very much on the night kils)
Why are you locking me town?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Also, I see Amy died now.

Def paying attention to this game....
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

just looked at remaining players on page 1.

Is it bad I want to policy 10k here? Rather do it now than have regret in f5 or something like that.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:18 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:09 pm i think i wanna vote 10k -> nanook -> TSP -> alison (but would depend very much on the night kils)
Why are you locking me town?
i am not locking you town. i am trusting alison's townread on you. if she happens to be scum then i'd consider you scum in f3, depending on how night kills go
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:18 pm Also, I see Amy died now.

Def paying attention to this game....
ok u can be lock town

also i agree, id rather get rid of 10k sooner rather than later. other people are at least posting
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I am anti-10k policy chop for the reason that I think 10k is town. I have no clue who 10k is and I know nothing about them and so I might be vastly misapproaching this read
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

isnt it someone from flow
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

[VOTE: TSP] aubergine

Still sheeping broseph

Kinda want to kill 10k too tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

10K makes a fine policy lynch today. No way to say they’re town imo
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

It’s less policy and more that there’s a bunch of probably town players
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I would say both.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 227

Post by MacDougall »

gotta say Proto is starting to look mighty poo to me
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

If I'm a poo, I'm a mighty fine poo my good sir.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:44 pm gotta say Proto is starting to look mighty poo to me
I also find this post incredibly towny
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

protocultures wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:44 pm gotta say Proto is starting to look mighty poo to me
I also find this post incredibly towny
why
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 227

Post by MacDougall »

@1612 / @tedxtr - Just town for me. Have found their content totally fine.
@Alison - Can be mafia. Her content has dropped off. There were things that happened around day 1 (ie. no activity at EOD) that sometimes indicate a w/w wagon pairing. Totally capable of wolfing to this level I have first hand evidence of such.
@Carotenoid - Pretty sure she is just town, spewed by 112.
@ColinIsCool - Still just think he's town but tinfoil is starting to appear on day 3. We probably lose to Colin wolf unless we get a partner first anyway and nab him at f3 or something.
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Town fmpov. Too much pro Mac material lol. The way that he lamented the potential of me pocketing specifically him just to troll him was very town and I don't think mafia manufacture that shit.
@protocultures - I think there is a definite possibility that Proto/Alison/112 is the team. If Proto doesn't have that 112 vote from day 1 I think he's probably flipped today by most.
@TenThousandCalories - Probably town for just being like completely ambivalent to how they are perceived.
@TonyStarkPrime - I'm probably wrong with my TSP read. It profiles as one of my non gut more brain wrong dumb shit cases that backfire. His "Joe calm down" post was really town and hit me in the face like a bucket of cold water.
@Turnip Head - Post history / @DrWilgy - Can be mafia, but only in like world building ways, his play hasn't really been bad at all. Still want to town read him for shielding me.
@tutuu - Just defer to the Amy read here I guess.

For me it's like

Alison/Proto
>
TSP/Wilgy
>
>
>
>
Colin + who the fuck knows maybe Carot or something I dunno.

and as this day has progressed I'm leaning more towards the top.

Separating worlds I think the best flip today is probably TSP or Alison still though.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:52 pm
@Carotenoid - Pretty sure she is just town, spewed by 112.
can you explain this?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

112 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:17 am Carote can be town too
cause to my eye this is the only post by which you can make that read
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

it's day 3 it's carrot chopping time
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:13 am Anybody know if Alison is the type of player that would make this post to a scummate so early on?
Alison wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:45 pm
112 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 am Town
tutuu
Amy
Urist
Mac
I hate this post.
It's not out of her scumrange
thanks
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:38 am i would never consider town alison getting pocketed by wolf proto. she just cant. she owns his soul imo.

???

When did I ever say this?

Also I'm semi-considering subbing out because I have been abruptly and unexpectedly buried under work which is why you notice a sharp drop in my activity recently. To be clear this should be treated as NAI - I'll sub out as either alignment if I think I'm too busy to play properly, and if I'm not busy I'll play as hard as I can regardless of the gamestate.
Alison

Post by Alison »

This makes no sense, wtf?

Return to “Previous Heists”