X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Re: X-Men [Night 8]

Post by Epignosis »

Birds of a Feather Burn Together

The Sentinels did not stop once the Shi’ar Empire starcraft bore itself through Cape Citadel. The onslaught persisted.

Phoenix rose into the air, a sun in the dark sky, to oppose those mechanical monstrosities. She destroyed several before the sentinels became too overwhelming. By then, her voice could not be heard over the sound of the bullets and the tanks below. A helicopter she flew by spun out of control, and this bought her attention for a fatal moment.

Phoenix returned to the earth as ash, swept away by the wind and the battle.

Phoenix has been killed by The Sentinels.

Danger Room ID acquired: 025… Mikhail Rasputin

It is now Day 9. You have 48 hours to destroy someone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Will you go on the...

You may select 1 option

Attack?
Deadpool (3), Spiral (4), Banshee (5), Longshot (6), Mikhail Rasputin (9)
38%

Defense?
Shadowcat (2), The Vision (7), Bullzeye (8), White Queen (10), Phoenix (11), Polaris (12), Elohcin (13)
54%

Warpath (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1)
8%

Total votes : 13
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Re: X-Men [Night 8]

Post by Jack Shephard »

Epignosis wrote:
Phoenix has been killed by The Sentinels.
So I am going to be looking at Hawkeye today, I know some other have mentioned interest there as well. I'll be posting my case a bit later though. It is also my belief that he is the Sentinels.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Re: X-Men [Day 9]

Post by Snapshot »

I'd like to hear from Hawkeye regarding the him being Sentinel thing :)
Reporting
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Well, hot damn.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

The Vision wrote:I'd like to hear from Hawkeye regarding the him being Sentinel thing :)
As would I. Currently, I'm still leaning towards it being him. But the NK is making me take pause, and I'd like to hear his side of it.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

How did you go from your last post to this post?
Assault
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Shadowcat wrote:
The Vision wrote:I'd like to hear from Hawkeye regarding the him being Sentinel thing :)
As would I. Currently, I'm still leaning towards it being him. But the NK is making me take pause, and I'd like to hear his side of it.
"still"?
dunya
Turnip Head
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

RIPiywg Phwonix

Hawkeye does seem to have to be the sentinels. All the signs are there... :\ He's seemed very civvie minded all game and very helpful, I've found myself agreeing with him a lot, but... we can't win with him, so we have basically two options:

1. Lynch him today. 12 players other than Hawkeye, so it's easy enough to get at least 7 votes on him.

or

2. Delay lynching him, but make sure he has 1 vote against him each day to prevent his lynch power from increasing even more. There hasn't been much precedent for more than 2 deaths per night, so we could wait until Day 10 to lynch him with a reasonable margin, but that doesn't account for missed votes. Leaving him alive for longer than 2 more cycles is way too dangerous.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

or

3. Hawkeye explains how mathematically it makes sense for him to not be the Sentinels.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bullzeye »

I'll almost definitely be voting Hawkeye today. I will at least wait to see what he has to say in his own defense first though.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Personally, he does not bother me, but having someone who is a single man lynch squad with secret conditions does not seem safe. But if you choose to not lynch him, keeping a vote on him cannot hurt. Besides, even if he can mathematically prove he is not Sentinels, I would not be surprised if he were plain bad.
Assault
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I haven't felt good about HAwkeye for awhile and he has pestered me over very--in my opinion-- silly things.
dunya
Turnip Head
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Banshee wrote:RIPiywg Phwonix

Hawkeye does seem to have to be the sentinels. All the signs are there... :\ He's seemed very civvie minded all game and very helpful, I've found myself agreeing with him a lot, but... we can't win with him, so we have basically two options:

1. Lynch him today. 12 players other than Hawkeye, so it's easy enough to get at least 7 votes on him.

or

2. Delay lynching him, but make sure he has 1 vote against him each day to prevent his lynch power from increasing even more. There hasn't been much precedent for more than 2 deaths per night, so we could wait until Day 10 to lynch him with a reasonable margin, but that doesn't account for missed votes. Leaving him alive for longer than 2 more cycles is way too dangerous.
In my opinion delaying a lynch on someone we think is The Sentinels is too dangerous....even if he put a vote on him to keep his vote total from increasing, delaying a lynch of him has basically the same effect. Putting off a lynch of the sentinels actually makes him more powerful. He doesn't gain an additional vote, true, but the overall numbers drop. Someone else is lynched, and then factor in night kills. So, tomorrow at this time we could have 3 fewer overall players in the game. Today we have 13 overall players left...so essentially we would have a 12-7 advantage over the sentinels. Tomorrow it could be down to as low as 9-7 if the sentinels and the brotherhood both kill and someone else is lynched today. Of course, that is just a surface view of the votes. That doesn't factor in any vote manipulations.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Down with Hawkeye

*rabble rabble rabble*
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Hawkeye being The Sentinels would also explain why we was so interested in the "Havok could be the Sentinels" theory that The Vision posted early in the game. Even after everyone else had dropped that theory as a point of discussion, Hawkeye still brought it up a couple of times saying that I needed to have "just in case" votes put on me. That could have been Hawkeye trying to distance himself a bit from his own role.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Havok wrote:

or

In my opinion delaying a lynch on someone we think is The Sentinels is too dangerous....even if he put a vote on him to keep his vote total from increasing, delaying a lynch of him has basically the same effect. Putting off a lynch of the sentinels actually makes him more powerful. He doesn't gain an additional vote, true, but the overall numbers drop. Someone else is lynched, and then factor in night kills. So, tomorrow at this time we could have 3 fewer overall players in the game. Today we have 13 overall players left...so essentially we would have a 12-7 advantage over the sentinels. Tomorrow it could be down to as low as 9-7 if the sentinels and the brotherhood both kill and someone else is lynched today. Of course, that is just a surface view of the votes. That doesn't factor in any vote manipulations.
My thoughts exactly. Usually I'm okay with neutral/indy roles that can win with civs and are trying to help us. The Sentinels can't win with us and even if he claims to be helping the civs, that kill of his has likely gone to more civs than baddies. They have an NK and a super-powerful vote. Even if we keep him alive and don't let his vote count increase, it will get to the point where he controls the game. We'll be powerless. Best to just remove the threat as soon as we know it exists really.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Havok wrote:

or

you're right, 7-9 is way too risky :x i thought it would be 7 -10 which i guess wouldn't be much better.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

I'm going to be traveling and unable to communicate (no internet) Sat., Sun, and Monday until late night. At that point I'll be fully able to participate.

I'm in full agreement with taking the sentinels out now instead of waiting even one more day.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Epignosis wrote:X-Men
Must defeat The Brotherhood, The Sentinels, and Apocalypse
Let me also repost this, as these are our objectives. The Sentinels are supposed to be eliminated.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Polaris wrote:
Havok wrote:Yeah, I figured, Bullz. That's why the twisty words was directed at Polaris.

Also, I have a theory about who the sentinels is. Hawkeye has only been voted for in one lynch so far in this game, so if he was The Sentinels his vote is currently worth 7. Think back to the day that Rasputin and myself were tied and White Queen had 3 votes. I don't think we ever got a clear answer on whether or not White Queen was actually the one up for the lynch, but I think it's more than likely that she was. Anyway, Hawkeye basically took credit for that. He made a post saying that he thought he could affect the lynch in such a way as to lynch White Queen by himself. And then yesterday's lynch, Marrow is lynched while having fewer votes than 2 other people.

Anyway, that is what popped into my head after reading the lynch result. Question: Is there any evidence that would go against this that perhaps I'm not remembering at the moment? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got Marrow out, but we also need the sentinels out.
You're bold. I was going to wait until the day phase to say something about that.
Yeah I was wondering why you didn't wait, Havok. It seems to give Magneto more chance to mess with the results by making Hawkeye the clear frontrunner for lynch, when I figure that baddies would've been more or less blindly guessing before you posted.
Spiral wrote:I haven't felt good about HAwkeye for awhile and he has pestered me over very--in my opinion-- silly things.
This seems personal and somewhat non-game-related to me. If you think he's bad, that's one thing. If you want him lynched because you have a beef, maybe it's time to step away from the game for a few hours or work things out with MP's help. Just sayin'.

The points about Hawkeye being Sentinels do seem to have a lot of merit. I'd like to hear from Hawkeye before deciding, personally, though. IMO, if we're wrong and he's civ, he's been so valuable it'd be debilitating.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Umm and is it just me, or did the days get shorter? If so, I really hope we can pick up the discussion!
Management
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

alright im seein the logic that hawkeye is the sentinels but id like to hear from him b4 i comment further. obvs if hes the sentinels we want him gone. looks like the xmen & brotherhood can team up 2 take out this threat but i dont want magnetos bros to get off scot free this lynch cuz i still think theyre tryin to run the show.

and wouldjya believe i actually wanna hear rasputins thoughts on all this lol i suddenly find myself missin his input cuz he at least seems to think things through even tho i think he sounds like a bad guy

o nvm i c mikhail has just posted gots ta go read and c what hes talkin bout!
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

mikhail y do u think spiral was gettin personal............. that didnt sound like spiral had beef at all altho maybe spiral feels threatened by hawkeye. at least thats the impression i got from spirals post. but its just a game and i think we all know that............
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

o shit raspy ur rite the poll ends 2day
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Havok wrote:Yeah, I figured, Bullz. That's why the twisty words was directed at Polaris.

Also, I have a theory about who the sentinels is. Hawkeye has only been voted for in one lynch so far in this game, so if he was The Sentinels his vote is currently worth 7. Think back to the day that Rasputin and myself were tied and White Queen had 3 votes. I don't think we ever got a clear answer on whether or not White Queen was actually the one up for the lynch, but I think it's more than likely that she was. Anyway, Hawkeye basically took credit for that. He made a post saying that he thought he could affect the lynch in such a way as to lynch White Queen by himself. And then yesterday's lynch, Marrow is lynched while having fewer votes than 2 other people.

Anyway, that is what popped into my head after reading the lynch result. Question: Is there any evidence that would go against this that perhaps I'm not remembering at the moment? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got Marrow out, but we also need the sentinels out.
You're bold. I was going to wait until the day phase to say something about that.
Yeah I was wondering why you didn't wait, Havok. It seems to give Magneto more chance to mess with the results by making Hawkeye the clear frontrunner for lynch, when I figure that baddies would've been more or less blindly guessing before you posted.
In all fairness the baddies could probably have figured it out themselves. Plus he's a threat to them as well, us lynching him buys all of them another day.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Host: Is the poll supposed to end today or is that a mistake?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Longshot wrote:Host: Is the poll supposed to end today or is that a mistake?
I set the poll for 2 days, but it only gave me one. :confused:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Important: Day 9 will end on Saturday, May 3, 2014, at 7pm EST.

T-minus 29 hours and counting.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Deadpool wrote:alright im seein the logic that hawkeye is the sentinels but id like to hear from him b4 i comment further. obvs if hes the sentinels we want him gone. looks like the xmen & brotherhood can team up 2 take out this threat but i dont want magnetos bros to get off scot free this lynch cuz i still think theyre tryin to run the show.

and wouldjya believe i actually wanna hear rasputins thoughts on all this lol i suddenly find myself missin his input cuz he at least seems to think things through even tho i think he sounds like a bad guy

o nvm i c mikhail has just posted gots ta go read and c what hes talkin bout!
Thanks, Deadpool! Hopefully I can prove you wrong about me being bad.

I agree, I don't want to give the Brotherhood any more days where they all survive, if we can avoid it. It's a shame, because I do see the merit to the points that the Sentinels will just grow stronger. And Polaris was right, they can't win with us and these night kills seem to be getting more frequent. (I'd have to check to be sure, though.) Either way, after having thought it over, I don't think we can risk a 9- or 10-7 lynch attempt on the Sentinels, because you never know who might miss the poll/be silenced/have connectivity issues.

I suppose I'm waiting to hear from Hawkeye to completely decide where I wanna go with this.

Hey has anybody scanned Marrow's posts for clues? I didn't see it. I know there's not much to go on, but it can't hurt.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Re: X-Men [Day 3]

Post by Operator »

Marrow wrote:
Exodus wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Sorry, not silenced (again! just busy :)

Honestly, I went (wrongly) with my gut and threw my vote in the other direction of where my bleeding heart wasn't where it could actually count (towards T-bird. Yikes, that was a mouthful). At least for me, it wasn't part of any conspiracy that I was aware of. And trust me, I feel terrible about lynching one of my own :( RIP again Thunderbird :rip:

I'm not sure if I should retaliate and go the other direction and see if Quicksilver WAS the right way to go, but I think I'll wait til tomorrow when my head is clearer to vote. My gut doesn't do a very good job of finding scum so far...
I'm getting pretty suspicious of you, Phoenix.
This is becoming too repetitive to sound genuine. You keep mentioning how your gut was wrong (you do it multiple times in this post) and I remember you doing it in previous posts. I feel you're kind of excusing yourself when it isn't even necessary. To me, it comes across like you have a guilty conscience and know it is a matter time before someone calls you out so you want to defend yourself before people actually do. You also seem to be relying on emotions an awful lot, if it be not wanting to vote someone or reacting to someones death.
I'm willing to go with Exodus on this one, I have to vote now so I'm going with Pheonix.
Well this is the only useful thing I found. Whoever built the case on Marrow was right, she did a TON of distancing from civ lynches. So good sleuthing there.

I thought this was interesting because Exodus and Marrow both voted Phoenix, fairly early in the game. I had ben waffling on her. Still a chance it was baddie distancing, I suppose, but Exodus actually kind of brought a mini-case against her, and I don't see the benefit of baddies doing that to teammates if there isn't a case already. So I think it improves my opinion of her somewhat.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Ok, well that's good about the poll time!
Management
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

As i said earlier, I will not be in a place with internet service tomorrow so if I'm going to vote I have to do it tonight. I hate to vote for Hawkeye if he hasnt responded but I also hate for the vote to come out wrong tomorrow if I don't vote. Maybe not voting with you guys knowing I'm not voting would be the best. Opinions please?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I think you should vote. We said we needed a vote on Hawkeye anyhow, regardless of whom we lynch. I was going to do it, but you can.
Assault
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

i think it's probably better to vote, just in case.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

ok, thanks banshee and WQ I'm going to go ahead and vote now for Hawkeye and if the thread goes somewhere else this can just be the one vote on him.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Re: X-Men [Day 3]

Post by Snapshot »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Well this is the only useful thing I found. Whoever built the case on Marrow was right, she did a TON of distancing from civ lynches. So good sleuthing there.
:noble:
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I put my vote on Hawkeye for now. I'll move it later if need be, but for now he seems like a solid target.
Reporting
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

The Vision wrote:I put my vote on Hawkeye for now. I'll move it later if need be, but for now he seems like a solid target.
same
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Tomorrow I have to go to a baby shower for my cousin, the Pink Princess. I got her one of those swing things and some cute little blankets :D Squeeee!!

I am not sure how long this feminine frivolity will last, so i am going to vote now to be safe. Voting Hawkeye.
Assault
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

awwww that's adorable :) i hope the baby shower is good :)
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Has anyone else considered that Hawkeye may have been silenced today? Since he'd also be unable to vote, I could see someone doing that to eliminate his vote power. Just seems odd we haven't heard from him today and he's been literally all the discussion.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Bullzeye wrote:Has anyone else considered that Hawkeye may have been silenced today? Since he'd also be unable to vote, I could see someone doing that to eliminate his vote power. Just seems odd we haven't heard from him today and he's been literally all the discussion.
I agree. It's why I'm trying to hold off on voting for him for the time being. I don't know if it's nerves or what, but it's the one thing that is making me hesitant for voting for him. I'd prefer to hear at least something from him before doing so.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Shadowcat wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Has anyone else considered that Hawkeye may have been silenced today? Since he'd also be unable to vote, I could see someone doing that to eliminate his vote power. Just seems odd we haven't heard from him today and he's been literally all the discussion.
I agree. It's why I'm trying to hold off on voting for him for the time being. I don't know if it's nerves or what, but it's the one thing that is making me hesitant for voting for him. I'd prefer to hear at least something from him before doing so.
I'll probably vote him regardless. It's very likely he is the Sentinels, and silencing him is a way of taking his power from him. It's not exactly kind as he can't defend himself but at the same time if he was talking then there's very little he could say to convince me he's any other role.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Hawkeye, if you are silenced, switch your settings so that you arent hidden, and let us see your name at the bottom of the thread.
Reporting
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Bullzeye wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
I'll probably vote him regardless. It's very likely he is the Sentinels, and silencing him is a way of taking his power from him. It's not exactly kind as he can't defend himself but at the same time if he was talking then there's very little he could say to convince me he's any other role.
Yeah. I'm probably going to end up voting him as well. It just feels weird for me to vote for someone when they can't defend themselves. Even though I feel we have pretty overwhelming evidence that he's a rogue indy.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Havok wrote:Hawkeye being The Sentinels would also explain why we was so interested in the "Havok could be the Sentinels" theory that The Vision posted early in the game. Even after everyone else had dropped that theory as a point of discussion, Hawkeye still brought it up a couple of times saying that I needed to have "just in case" votes put on me. That could have been Hawkeye trying to distance himself a bit from his own role.
Baddies love to talk about their own roles. I've seen it over and over again, and people tend to do this so no one thinks they ARE that role.

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Spiral wrote:I haven't felt good about HAwkeye for awhile and he has pestered me over very--in my opinion-- silly things.
This seems personal and somewhat non-game-related to me. If you think he's bad, that's one thing. If you want him lynched because you have a beef, maybe it's time to step away from the game for a few hours or work things out with MP's help. Just sayin'.

The points about Hawkeye being Sentinels do seem to have a lot of merit. I'd like to hear from Hawkeye before deciding, personally, though. IMO, if we're wrong and he's civ, he's been so valuable it'd be debilitating.
Why do you keep assuming I am being personal??? I have not had to contact a mod/host about a game since the dark ages of Mafia-- when I was younger, when ruder people were playing, and they were actual bullies-- the kind that send you harassing emails and completely tear you apart in the mod forum you share. I have no personal beef by hawkeye. I have no idea why you, in particular, seem so concerned why my suspicions are based on personal stuffs. They're not. I haven't felt good at Hawkeye since very early on. He has pestered me over silly things. I think he thought I would be a very easy lynch target, and I am not. I never have been.

So I am voting Hawkeye now so I don't miss the lynch.
dunya
Turnip Head
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Shadowcat wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Yeah. I'm probably going to end up voting him as well. It just feels weird for me to vote for someone when they can't defend themselves. Even though I feel we have pretty overwhelming evidence that he's a rogue indy.
I do agree, and I don't feel great about it either. But we have to do what we have to do and I'm sure he'll understand. Gonna cast my vote now actually so I don't forget.

*Vote Hawkeye*
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I voted Hawkeye as well. Also putting my case together now.

Hawkeye, though I'm convinced that you are the Sentinels, I hope you can still come in and respond.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Okay, so here is a list of Hawkeye's daily voted trends, and his received votes.
  • Day 1 - Received no votes, +1 (1) - His vote was insignificant

Day 2 - Received one vote, +0 (1) - His vote was insignificant

Day 3 - Received no votes, +1 (2) - His vote was insignificant

Day 4 - Received no votes, +1 (3) - His vote was insignificant, voted the lynchee

Day 5.1 - Received no votes, +1 (4) - His vote was insignificant

Day 5.2 - Received no votes, +1 (5) - His vote was insignificant, voted the lynchee

Day 6 - Received no votes, +1 (6) - Significant vote, see below

Day 7 - Received no votes, +1 (7) - His vote was insignificant, voted the lynchee

Day 8 - Received no votes (not on poll), +1 (8) - Significant vote, see below
This means that since he has a vote power of nine today (if he can vote), then we need 10 of the other 13 players on this wagon. If two are silenced/voteblocked, we need 10 of 11. :stare: This is all assuming no vote manipulation of any kind of course.

So on Day 6, Havok and Mikhail tied for the lynch lead with 5 votes apiece. White Queen was behind them with 3. No one was lynched that day, but White Queen claimed to have survived the lynch, meaning she received the most votes. And then there is this post. Hawkeye claimed credit for the lynch of White Queen. Yesterday, he voted Marrow, who ended up being lynched while being behind in the vote count 2-4. The only thing that worries me, is that he could be Cyclops, because seemingly in both cases, that vote would have decided the lynch, again assuming no other vote manipulation.

Anyway, I'm also going to look at every other player's vote results to see what may lie there, just in case.

Return to “Previous Jobs”