herm
drwilgy

upper poe:
timsup2nothing
spf

lower poe:
sprityo
jpic
can you explain why dizzy is a town read? and why ted is so high?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by tutuu »

coz he has shown this exact behavior before. he high posted and GOATed as mafia, fooled everyone, played his heart out. then next game he rolls town, minimum posts and all the posts that he makes are to explain how much he does not plan on posting and how he just plans to sheep

ted cuz let me fetch my stuff about him, nothing has changed for me
tutuu

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:07 am
TEDXTR did a metamorphosis itt, please note how he got upset at my lashing at him, and how when he later returned he changed his modus operandi and became much mellower and try to calmly be diplomatic with ppl as opposed to earlier when he was messing around. i also believe he lied about playing scummy on purpose, my read is that he just said it cuz he wanted to look sophisticated or something, dunno
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:40 am
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 am Why do you townread ted, tutuu?
towny hypocrisy in posting that cringe gif at me for scumreading him, as if it was a gotcha moment

"haha tutuu u called me ridiculous for scumreading u, but look at u, YOU SCUMREAD ME URSELF, HAHA!" *cringe gif*

completely unabashed, unashamed, disregarding how he comes off as, as if he forgot he literally said he purposely played scummy

when i feel this kind of emotion towards a player they're usually town
this too, please read in context the posts above and see for urself
im towntunneled on him so maybe this is a confbias but he put me as his top townread after this without explanation needed in his big read list. he gave an explanation for everyone for me it was just "nuff said"

and i guess he's come around to scumreading me now because of his mood, he was in a combative / argumentative mood, saw some of my posts, i guess he disliked the "soul" behind them and said that he thinks they're scummy even tho its silly to scumread me lets be honest
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

There's this thing I like to do as scum, you enter the game knowing that sooner or later you are going to draw suspicion. It's inevitable and unavoidable. What you do is make yourself suspicious on purpose but in a way that you can defend, you choose the battlefield, you set the terms. This way you are less likely to face off against real suspicion, suspicion you are unprepared for, or when you do come up against it you've already set a precedent for clearing yourself

Once I said that "I am a cop". instead of saying "I am the cop" knowing that was what townoes would latch onto, covered myself against the immediate sus on me and was so convincing that I was killed by a rival scum faction that night
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:07 pm coz he has shown this exact behavior before. he high posted and GOATed as mafia, fooled everyone, played his heart out. then next game he rolls town, minimum posts and all the posts that he makes are to explain how much he does not plan on posting and how he just plans to sheep

also more about dizzy: he uses something he calls the "erect finger tell" to townread people. so like when ppl get sassy and stuff

he has shown the "erect finger tell" himself multiple times this game, and like, if he genuinely believes that is a town tell, it means that he probably cant fake it that well as scum / feels bad for doing so? dunno, this might be a towntunnel confbias too
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

thanks, tutuu, I do agree that ted did change a bit in the thread
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:23 am We’re so impatient :p

lol im a cop
And here we are
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:18 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:23 am We’re so impatient :p

lol im a cop
And here we are
whats the connection between ur story and jpic tho?

jpic's "preplanned 6 dimensional omae wa mou shindeiru backgammon master plan strategy" was to say "i am obv town" and "is it too late to rescind yet"
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Spoiler: show
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

odd what's your point? Jpic is still probably a wolf
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm also not liking the complacency in the thread, I just can't decide exactly where to focus my energy. I want to at least follow Mac's plan today with a sprit yeet, though I want to echo Hally's message to [mention]sprityo[/mention]: sprit if you are town you are going to have to claim if you want to have any chance at all and the time to do that is now. Don't do what nutella did which caused maximum chaos which I'm sure was intentional. Claim now. I won't believe you if it's last minute.

Anyway, complacency. I'll look at sprityo again and then JPIC and then maybe spend some time on spf, tutuu and MR. I haven't completely written off Nanook but his claim sounds plausible. My biggest concern about it is that it requires him to target the NK to get the extra vote instead of just identifying the NK but now I'm trying to second guess how the host would have designed a role. It's just maybe a little too easy to have made up once he knew he was seen visiting Mac. So I don't know, I'm vacillating and basically just deferring a decision about him.

If anyone has other suggestions on what the best use of our time is right now I'm all ears.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:13 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:07 pm coz he has shown this exact behavior before. he high posted and GOATed as mafia, fooled everyone, played his heart out. then next game he rolls town, minimum posts and all the posts that he makes are to explain how much he does not plan on posting and how he just plans to sheep

also more about dizzy: he uses something he calls the "erect finger tell" to townread people. so like when ppl get sassy and stuff

he has shown the "erect finger tell" himself multiple times this game, and like, if he genuinely believes that is a town tell, it means that he probably cant fake it that well as scum / feels bad for doing so? dunno, this might be a towntunnel confbias too
he sorta faked the erect finger tell in the game he just fooled me in which is one of the reasons i tr him. but it wasn’t quite the same
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 pm

he sorta faked the erect finger tell in the game he just fooled me in which is one of the reasons i tr him. but it wasn’t quite the same
What is the erect finger tell?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:28 pm I'm also not liking the complacency in the thread, I just can't decide exactly where to focus my energy. I want to at least follow Mac's plan today with a sprit yeet, though I want to echo Hally's message to @sprityo: sprit if you are town you are going to have to claim if you want to have any chance at all and the time to do that is now. Don't do what nutella did which caused maximum chaos which I'm sure was intentional. Claim now. I won't believe you if it's last minute.

Anyway, complacency. I'll look at sprityo again and then JPIC and then maybe spend some time on spf, tutuu and MR. I haven't completely written off Nanook but his claim sounds plausible. My biggest concern about it is that it requires him to target the NK to get the extra vote instead of just identifying the NK but now I'm trying to second guess how the host would have designed a role. It's just maybe a little too easy to have made up once he knew he was seen visiting Mac. So I don't know, I'm vacillating and basically just deferring a decision about him.

If anyone has other suggestions on what the best use of our time is right now I'm all ears.
i think nooks claim can easily be fake tbh. he’s clever enough to think of something like that and it’s pretty convenient for explaining why he targeted mac

if that’s the sole reason you have for trusting him i wouldn’t
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:26 pm odd what's your point? Jpic is still probably a wolf
Not probably, jpic is a wolf
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 pm

What is the erect finger tell?
it’s like when you sassily tell someone off for how they’re playing
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

so like when ppl get sassy and stuff
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:34 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:26 pm odd what's your point? Jpic is still probably a wolf
ok and? what's your point?

I don't like counting my chickens before they hatch
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh ok thanks!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nut has shown that the scum team is capable of thinking up believable fake claims

it wouldn’t surprise if the whole team has had towny sounding fake claims ready to go from the start

so we really should proceed with caution as far as believing unverifiable claims

just yeet scummy ppl
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:37 pm nut has shown that the scum team is capable of thinking up believable fake claims

it wouldn’t surprise if the whole team has had towny sounding fake claims ready to go from the start

so we really should proceed with caution as far as believing unverifiable claims

just yeet scummy ppl
although this stands in direct contrast with jpic claiming cop who peeked mac

so maybe the scum team is not that clever :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

but the principle nonetheless applies

its not that hard to come up with fake things to claim as scum so use healthy skepticism
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:37 pm nut has shown that the scum team is capable of thinking up believable fake claims

just yeet scummy ppl
Yeah you're right. The feeling I got is that they were scrambling to put together her fake role because she kept adding aspects of it ("Oh, I should have told you I have a list of all the songs in the game") so probably after that they thought out fake roles for the rest of them, ready to go. I'll relook at Nanook.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nanook was kind of weird because he implied he couldn't answer then later said he was trying to draw a night kill. just seems weird because there are a lot of strong, obvious town in the thread
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:39 pm

just yeet scummy ppl

hmmm...yeah maybe they didn't make them up fast enough and JPIC just panicked.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:44 pm nanook was kind of weird because he implied he couldn't answer then later said he was trying to draw a night kill. just seems weird because there are a lot of strong, obvious town in the thread
Yes why would the mafia night kill Nanook who is suspect when there are bigger fish to fry for them?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

well he said he tried to soft doctor so like thats not inherently illogical imo to think he could try to bait a kill or at least a roleblock if he's town
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:52 pm well he said he tried to soft doctor so like thats not inherently illogical imo to think he could try to bait a kill or at least a roleblock if he's town
I forgot about the doctor soft. I just need to re-read him so I've got his story straight.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:49 am @Timsup2nothin do u love me too
yup
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:44 pm nanook was kind of weird because he implied he couldn't answer then later said he was trying to draw a night kill. just seems weird because there are a lot of strong, obvious town in the thread
yea i don’t really buy it tbh
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:58 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:50 pm where im at is like

there are many ppl i tr either because of nut or because of their individually very towny

then there are a smaller group of ppl that imo have nothing really going for them

and i don’t really have any qualms eliminating every person in the bottom group and i probably won’t actually care much about the game until those ppl are all dead but i’ll probably be dead then too so idk
Not a bad take. I just think that if we flip Sprit and find a wolf...especially a wolf with some sort of power built upon post capping...that Nanook and JPIC then "have something going for them."
"i am a wolf and my teammates are sprit and jpic"
That would be such a cool EZ game, wouldn't it? After you mischop me please do better.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:53 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:52 pm well he said he tried to soft doctor so like thats not inherently illogical imo to think he could try to bait a kill or at least a roleblock if he's town
I forgot about the doctor soft. I just need to re-read him so I've got his story straight.
i don’t think he ever actually softed doc himself? i thought mac just guessed he might be. but i don’t remember
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:57 am I honestly think Tim's repeated attacks on Oddmerta is outing
And yet his attacks on me, which are ALL THAT HE DOES are towny. Hilarious.
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:06 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:53 pm
i don’t think he ever actually softed doc himself? i thought mac just guessed he might be. but i don’t remember
that's my recollection as well
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:06 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:58 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:50 pm where im at is like

there are many ppl i tr either because of nut or because of their individually very towny

then there are a smaller group of ppl that imo have nothing really going for them

and i don’t really have any qualms eliminating every person in the bottom group and i probably won’t actually care much about the game until those ppl are all dead but i’ll probably be dead then too so idk
Not a bad take. I just think that if we flip Sprit and find a wolf...especially a wolf with some sort of power built upon post capping...that Nanook and JPIC then "have something going for them."
"i am a wolf and my teammates are sprit and jpic"
That would be such a cool EZ game, wouldn't it? After you mischop me please do better.
it would be more helpful if instead of doing this you pursued and developed your own reads more. so like case ppl, tell us why certain ppl are town or scum, etc. because as displeased as you sound about the current state of things i feel you haven’t taken a lot of action to like... change anything
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 am is anyone else concerned by the complacency in the thread?
Yes absolutely. Unfortunately, the way I borked day one the only access I have to breaking it up is green flipping.
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

like outside of “odd is scum for calling me scum” i have no real clue where you stand on anything tim
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:45 pm

just yeet scummy ppl

Or... Work with me here... I am literally just a cop
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 am
Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:56 am Scums are on the spirit wagon
considering it’s half the players that’s very likely correct
It was a zero content thing to say that someone was likely to mindmeld with.
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:12 pm

just yeet scummy ppl

i refuse to entertain this idea unless you put in a modicum of effort

you can’t expect ppl to work with you or give you the benefit of the doubt if you don’t do anything. it’s a two way street here. no one is a mind reader. we cannot know you’re town unless you show us. either give us something to work with or stop complaining please
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:58 am i don’t really think wagon formation is gonna be so telling here because the only reason sprit got in the lead is because mac told us to kill him first

he’s kinda calling the shots so wagon movement isn’t natural or readable in the same way
Well, the towncore was already committed to "these are the wolves" so voting anywhere else would be a bit suspect. I mean look at how Oddmerta basically does nothing but tunnel Mac's designated 99% wolf and get towncred for it.
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

god hally you're so freaking town
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:58 am i don’t really think wagon formation is gonna be so telling here because the only reason sprit got in the lead is because mac told us to kill him first

he’s kinda calling the shots so wagon movement isn’t natural or readable in the same way
Well I don't like it
And yet, if you are a wolf you are playing on it perfectly.
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

like you’re not a rookie jpic. you know what you could do to improve your situation and you have actively refused to do it for the entirety of this game. so now you’ve made your bed. it’s not on us, it’s on you. im not meaning to give you a hard time but that’s the reality
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i really wish we could defenestrate 2 people today
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:18 pm i really wish we could defenestrate 2 people today
mood
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:12 pm

just yeet scummy ppl

JPIC you know what? I really want to believe you, but that's because I like you. Unfortunately, my emotions have no place in a mafia game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:28 pm I'm also not liking the complacency in the thread, I just can't decide exactly where to focus my energy. I want to at least follow Mac's plan today with a sprit yeet, though I want to echo Hally's message to @sprityo: sprit if you are town you are going to have to claim if you want to have any chance at all and the time to do that is now. Don't do what nutella did which caused maximum chaos which I'm sure was intentional. Claim now. I won't believe you if it's last minute.

i think nooks claim can easily be fake tbh. he’s clever enough to think of something like that and it’s pretty convenient for explaining why he targeted mac

if that’s the sole reason you have for trusting him i wouldn’t
I agree with this. It's a very clever claim and Nanook is a very clever player.

At the same time the role, if real, is a brilliant balancer and I give Sloonei credit for being fully capable of having included it.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:34 pm
How does that go....man I hate it so much when people say it I can't remember how it goe...

Oh.

Yeah.

Is this TMI?
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

no

no it most certainly is not

Return to “Previous Jobs”