8%

Total votes: 39
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Long Con »

I don't think a member of the town fights this hard to survive in this situation. That's the bottom line for me, Tim is not town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:07 pm TSP also seems to be the only one that thinks there's potential in this being v/v. That may be TMI from a scumerdoodle.

Keep that in mind when I flip town and Tim flips 3p.
TSP can only be mafia if Alison is mafia you realise that she cop checked him yeah?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:32 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:07 pm TSP also seems to be the only one that thinks there's potential in this being v/v. That may be TMI from a scumerdoodle.

TSP can only be mafia if Alison is mafia you realise that she cop checked him yeah?
Oh. Nvm then.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

I'm going to make tims pelt into an umbrella
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

TSP is copped town so he's not mafia unless he's the godfather
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:22 pm So if your defense is waiting on an answer by Sloonei... why would you care that we're voting you now? Sloonei's going to come in any moment now and say "hey, actually trackers see the intentions of the players they track, even if those players are roleblocked". And then we'll all be like "oh, I see, that explains it" and vote Wilgy. Then obviously it won't matter that we're voting you in the meantime. And if Sloonei doesn't say that, then you surely must agree that we have no reason to treat you with any more trust than we treat Wilgy.

So either way, if your defense is predicated on the night action resolution details that we are waiting on Sloonei for, then surely you have no reason to be upset at us for voting you at this point in time.
I'm not upset at you. I'm making fun of you. That's a vastly different thing. But it seems to have reached a point where it might be genuinely hurting you, so yes i really want to stop. Please don't ask me any more questions, eh?
It's not hurting me but it might be hurting the thread.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:32 pm

Some chance of a godfather ig. Cop without claim restrictions needs a balancing factor. Maybe sprityo was it though.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

going to continue talking about radiohead until further notice, because i dont think much productive discussion is happening and i'd rather get the threadstate back to a casual place

this is easily one of the best songs on AMSP, the chorus is haunting af
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Imagine having a radio for a head
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:55 pm Imagine having a radio for a head
thom yorke btfo
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:01 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:55 pm Imagine having a radio for a head
thom yorke btfo
Did you know that Thom Yorke's lazy eye always points magnetic north
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

For an art project in high school, we had to make a visual image based on a song. I chose Planet Telex. I got a couple of friends together, we smoke two joints, and I played the song for them, asking them what they saw when they heard the song. One of them described a desolate landscape and a Broken City, which is easy to understand when you listen to the song. The other said, "Triangles. Triangles within triangles infinitely."' So I made a piece with both those elements.
tutuu
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

juliets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:05 pm I have received another question. Answer:
Roleblocks resolve before all other actions.
This is what he said.
something to note

this is not exactly true

a rolestopper such as me and juliets are resolved before the roleblock (so we can stop roleblocks)

in case there is a chain sequence of

player A rolelocks me when i protect B from the roleblock of C

i fail to protect B from the roleblock of C
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Answering several privately asked questions all at once:

A roleblocked player does not perform any action and would not appear as performing an action as part of any reports.

A player will only be notified of a roleblock against them if they were supposed to have received a report that same night. Players performing a roleblock are not informed whether or not their action was successful.

I am not currently aware of any Host errors occurring on Night 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:50 pm i feel morally obligated to vote tim after he dropped that ATE. i hate ate so much
did you also not say you were feeling frustrated at getting scumread? i dont think its that unusual or outlandish to say the things you and tim said
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Well that's a problem.

Either I myself got roleblocked N1 so I couldn't roleblock Ted, or Dizzy couldn't have tracked Ted visiting me.

Unless Ted is protected from roleblock somehow I guess.

A'ight, no way I'm gonna figure this out before y'all kill me, so not my problem. glgl
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:07 pm "your reads suck"

"i cant wait to rub it in your face"

"ill leave you to do something stupid"

yeah sorry i have no intention of switching after tim drops lines like that. that level of ate comes from cornered scum 90% of the time
well fair enough you didnt say stuff like that
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:50 pm i feel morally obligated to vote tim after he dropped that ATE. i hate ate so much
did you also not say you were feeling frustrated at getting scumread? i dont think its that unusual or outlandish to say the things you and tim said
i was frustrated, but i stopped myself from ATE'ing as much as possible. tim's ate felt overblown/performative to me, although im sure he's probably frustrated regardless of his alignment
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 pm I'm going to make tims pelt into an umbrella
You wind up wet.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:02 am
tutuu wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:57 pm
i was frustrated, but i stopped myself from ATE'ing as much as possible. tim's ate felt overblown/performative to me, although im sure he's probably frustrated regardless of his alignment
I will do everything I can to derail an action that is against my wincon.
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:50 pm hi guys. Gentle reminder that I am around so please try to keep things friendly in here without intentionally aggrivating or provoking others, especially when emotions are running high. That just makes the game sour for everyone. If you need to complain or blow off some steam, please PM me! I will also be reaching out to some of you. Taking some time away from the thread can also help. :) thank you!
ur a cutiepie
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im 100% sure wilgy is mafia but i might vote tim just out of fear that he's the rogue and he can maybe soup kill all of us tonight and thats why he's fighting tooth and nail

sry tim i townread u way more than wilgy but just in case!
Alison

Post by Alison »

So, Wilgy and Tim both performed actions that seem blatantly contradicted by the gamestate. I am sure there is some rationale you can use to explain it away in a way that leaves them both town, but on pure probability, the likelihood is that one or both are lying.

Tim should be exed first because of the possibility that he is the Rogue planning to drop a bomb on town tonight. Then, if a satisfactory explanation or mechanical check on Wilgy is not found, he is likely going to be executed the next day out of concern that he could be the opposite evil faction from Tim. I don't think Tim and Wilgy are mafia partners together, but being caught with falsified night actions indicates scum in some way. If Tim flips 3P, Wilgy could be mafia, and vice versa. I think we cannot let either slot live to endgame with the game as it currently is. Obviously, this changes if more night actions appear that change the outcome.

It's worth noting that Wilgy is voting Tim, so if Tim flips scum, then Wilgy would allegedly get a proper tracker action tonight (because in that universe he fulfils the conditions of his ability). We can use this to obtain information, and then flip him afterwards. If he flips town somehow, then we know that redirection or other shenanigans are afoot, and we still have the track result to help us. So a Wilgy exe tomorrow isn't too bad, I think.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Mac, SPF and Oddmerta remain unclaimed. That's good, because I broadly trust all three of them. If the Rogue has some sort of role-based soup kill, then the identities of those 3 being hidden will save them (as well as other players who have only claimed part of their role, such as Samu or Poison-Chan, depending on how strict the requirements for the soup kill are). I am confident they can win the endgame there. I think this possibility is slightly remote, since like Mac said, these roles were not written to have names, but just in case it or something similar to it happens, we have our safety net to reocver.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tutuu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:11 am im 100% sure wilgy is mafia but i might vote tim just out of fear that he's the rogue and he can maybe soup kill all of us tonight and thats why he's fighting tooth and nail

sry tim i townread u way more than wilgy but just in case!
Not unreasonable in that I cannot think of any way to show I'm not 3P, or point to anyone else as more or less likely. I will say that I cannot see any game balance realities where the 3P can win this early, specifically because there is no way I can see to identify them. The game has a 'feel' of being much further along than it is because we have whacked three wolves in two days. But from a setup design standpoint a 3P that can do huge things on N3 is just going to win because the town and wolves cannot do anything that fast (without enormous KP which we have not seen.

I'm fighting because it is what I do. As town a mischop on me while Wilgy is basically outted wolf is against my wincon. Admittedly, as wolf or 3P getting chopped would be against my win con. In short, the fight is just me, NAI. What matters is that Wilgy is I think 99% outted wolf here.

It is possible, as badly as the wolves have been rekt, that starting to shoot for the 3P could be better for town than finishing off Wilgy I guess. I am worried about losing to the 3P...not on N3, but eventually. I don't think there's any particularly good reason to start this random 3P hunt with me, but like I said I guess it's as good as anywhere else. Frustrating that I almost feel like we have to get mech lucky to catch the 3P, but I am confident Sloonei wouldn't balance the game that way so I am missing something.

Anyway...

I'm also missing something around me, Ted, and Longcon. I can't see any reason for LongCon to lie about tracking Ted, so something happened with my role block that I can't figure out. I'm not strong enough on mech stuff yet I guess.

Mafia is hard sometimes.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

We are now down to only 2 mafia members left, and we will probably execute another mafia soon. It is time to start hunting for 3Ps, since one of the things that can lose us the game at this point in time is a 3P who unleashes a disastrous ability. Note that we don't actually have confirmation that such an ability exists (it would be pretty swingy and unfun), so don't go wild with paranoia, but it's best to play it cautiously than to regret it afterwards. Also, do not neglect the mafia - do go back over the mafia flips and look out for interactions and make sure you nail them at some point. Best if you execute people with high chance of being both mafia and 3P.

nanook has 3P equity and a weak claim. Unfortunately because my cop doesn't check for Rogue status, I couldn't clear him of being the 3P like I thought I could - 100% my bad on that one for not checking with Sloonei about this before night ended.

nanook, ted, LC, Samu, maybe Herm are my tentative 3P lower POE. Oddmerta could be in theory, but I have a personal townread on him. Resolve him if you really think he's the 3P late in the game. TSP is another person who could be 3P, maybe faking an SK-style kill as a Vig shot, but I have a personal townread on him. He's playing exactly the way he does as town imo. Again, if you really think he's the 3P later on, just reoslve him one way or another. You can consider those my upper POE.

I don't think it makes too much sense to give Rogue a Tracker ability in this kind of game, and I am fairly confident dyachei and Dizzy are actually Trackers. So they are relatively free from suspicion when it comes to being 3P. Poison Chan has confirmed MR as being not 3P, so MR is clear. Technically Poison can be 3P but we all know that's not the truth.

I suppose juliets has some 3P equity, but she has been extremely townie on play. Look at her, but look at her really late and only when you've exhausted other options. Mac has townsided way, way too hard to be the 3P. SPF could be 3P in theory, but I have a personal townread on her and would not flip her early in the POE. Same approach as juliets here, I think. tutuu's role has been near mechanically confirmed, and is not really the kind of thing you'd give to a 3P in this setup. (In theory, tutuu could be 3P with a night-action delaying shot, who targeted me with it, and then claimed it was a Jailkeeper after Radishes protected me with nutella's ability... but those are long odds, and tutuu is super townie on play.)

I think that's everyone, so this is where I stand with regards to my thoughts on 3P hunting at the moment.
Alison

Post by Alison »

If anyone has the slightest hint of doubt about what they are supposed to be doing tonight, raise your questions now. I expect you all to have read Mac's plan for overlapping protections on key investigative roles. If you haven't, or if you don't know what you're supposed to be doing, bring it up so you can be told what to do.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:26 am Mac, SPF and Oddmerta remain unclaimed. That's good, because I broadly trust all three of them. If the Rogue has some sort of role-based soup kill, then the identities of those 3 being hidden will save them (as well as other players who have only claimed part of their role, such as Samu or Poison-Chan, depending on how strict the requirements for the soup kill are). I am confident they can win the endgame there. I think this possibility is slightly remote, since like Mac said, these roles were not written to have names, but just in case it or something similar to it happens, we have our safety net to reocver.
If there is some sort of mass kill in play I really think it would be based in the song titles.

And I would not be the least bit surprised at that.

FWIW, based on how the game has been played the person who best fits "look town enough to not get chopped, but harmless enough to not get NKed" looks absolutely to me like Oddmerta. You don't know that I'm not a wolf, but the wolves do, so his perpetual tunnel makes him a clear non threat to the wolves. In your 3P hunting please consider that.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:41 am
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:26 am Mac, SPF and Oddmerta remain unclaimed. That's good, because I broadly trust all three of them. If the Rogue has some sort of role-based soup kill, then the identities of those 3 being hidden will save them (as well as other players who have only claimed part of their role, such as Samu or Poison-Chan, depending on how strict the requirements for the soup kill are). I am confident they can win the endgame there. I think this possibility is slightly remote, since like Mac said, these roles were not written to have names, but just in case it or something similar to it happens, we have our safety net to reocver.
If there is some sort of mass kill in play I really think it would be based in the song titles.

And I would not be the least bit surprised at that.

FWIW, based on how the game has been played the person who best fits "look town enough to not get chopped, but harmless enough to not get NKed" looks absolutely to me like Oddmerta. You don't know that I'm not a wolf, but the wolves do, so his perpetual tunnel makes him a clear non threat to the wolves. In your 3P hunting please consider that.
I have Oddmerta in upper POE. Unless something truly catastrophic happens I don't think he's surviving to endgame once the townies sit down, roll up their sleeves and start methodically working their way through the 3P POE.

You're right that I don't actually expect any mass soup kill aside of song kills (which we have adequately played around). I also believe it would be swingy and unfun to have a 3P that just blows everyone up on N3. But when we are this far ahead, we should be playing around the worst case scenario to ensure to an absolute extent that there is no possibility of defeat. It's sort of like how you start playing around bomb rares that could swing the game around if you're really ahead in an MTG draft game. You aren't supposed to do that most of the time because it's so unlikely your opponent has one, but if you're so far ahead it's the only way you win, then you take even that small path to victory away from them.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:34 amI'm also missing something around me, Ted, and Longcon. I can't see any reason for LongCon to lie about tracking Ted, so something happened with my role block that I can't figure out. I'm not strong enough on mech stuff yet I guess.
You got the wrong guy, friend... I didn't track anyone.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

"End game" is a term I'm not sure how to fit with in regards to the rogue. I think there is no danger of the game being built so the rogue can just blow everyone up N3 and laugh about winning...unless we did something song crazy. But I also don't think the rogue necessarily has to last all the way to what we think of as 'end game,' which for me is that state where a wrong move loses to the wolves and a right move wins for town. The 3P almost certainly has some shortcut to winning, but it isn't this short.

Gamestate is weird because I think the wolves are absolutely rekt, but the number of people who definitely are not the 3P is really small and I see very limited options for getting clears without flips. It's like, looking at the wolves I want to just say screw it and die because I don't think we can lose to them...but if I were handicapping the game I could not say good odds for town either.

I think we should strongly focus on protecting Juliet. Other than that I've really got nothing.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Long Con wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:04 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:34 amI'm also missing something around me, Ted, and Longcon. I can't see any reason for LongCon to lie about tracking Ted, so something happened with my role block that I can't figure out. I'm not strong enough on mech stuff yet I guess.
You got the wrong guy, friend... I didn't track anyone.
My bad...that should be Dizzy. Sorry, hard day.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

I don't think Nanook is the 3P because his claim may be weak, but he was at Mac's house. It seems like all the damage to Mak has been accounted for in the wolf visitors, so what was Nanook doing if it isn't what he claims? Harmless 3P visitor doesn't seem realistic. 3P song spy collecting enough titles to lay waste the town seems feasible at a glance, but I would think that such a title collector would be looking for titles of people who aren't gonna be flipping any time soon since that reveals them anyway.

Maybe my claim to having been at Ted's for a roleblocjk is just cover for song peeking him and that's a very good reason to kill me. <shrug> When that doesn't work look for other people who are visiting in the middle class neighborhoods instead of the projects and the penthouses where people who are gonna be revealed anyway live.

Under the song collecting 3P peeper theory I think Ted is also cleared because I had already song revealed. But it's just a theory.
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

hey! I'll actually be reading everything so mention me if you want me to answer something.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Good point on nanook. I'm not inclined to fully clear him until I know what exactly a 3P role does. We were theorizing about a 3P arsonist D2, for instance. But I am fine putting him in the upper POE on the general principle that if he were 3P he'd leave Mac to be resolved by scum.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:00 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:49 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:40 pm So Wilgy you are claiming tracker?
Weird tracker.

I get different results depending on conditions that happen during the day

If I voted on a scum that flips I get a proper track (to which I used n2 on JPIC)

If I don't I get to be a watcher of a random target. N1 Ted was targeted by 1 person.
This role is real. Wilgy is town.
read or mech?
It's the most viable claim I've seen tbh. It could be that the mafia have a rolecop though and they know how to make good fake claims now.
I'm still not sure I buy it but mafia have struggled with coming up with decent role claims thus far (nutella kept changing her claim, sprityo just straight up refused to claim, JPIC came up with a totally nonsensical claim). So unless some role claiming wizard took over in the scum chat, having a believable looking role claim is to some extent a towntell. (It also clears some people from being scum because they'd have prepared better claims for their buddies, like nanook or you or even me, but all three of us are already clear unfortunately so we don't get any extra info.)

The counterargument to this is that even if Wilgy has a believable looking role claim, he still had bad interactions with nut and his claim of seeing JPIC hit tutuu doesn't add up since tutuu wasn't postcapped and the one role that could block something like that (juliets) holstered. it's also a bit too much power for town for me to buy tbh, since I think his role is actually quite strong.

another thing worth asking is why the hell jpic went out tonight. I find it hard to believe that JPIC witnessed the entire scum team being completely party wiped by Hally due to overusing their visits on you, and then went to himself "hm, I have a great idea! I'll visit another member of the towncore tonight who also made a billion psots so the ability doesn't even restrict them that hard!"

(of course, a lot of the stuff JPIC has done this game is not understandable to me so maybe that's just him being a bit unpredictable as usual)
I would lay money that JPIC went out...but he went to Hally's house.
wait, [mention]Timsup2nothin[/mention] so are you suggesting that the scum killed Hally as well went for Post Capping her at the same time? or are you saying that Hally was killed by the 3P?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Tim is saying that JPIC had a useless role so he probably carried the kill to Hally.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poison Chan wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:19 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:00 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:49 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:46 pm

Weird tracker.

I get different results depending on conditions that happen during the day

If I voted on a scum that flips I get a proper track (to which I used n2 on JPIC)

If I don't I get to be a watcher of a random target. N1 Ted was targeted by 1 person.
This role is real. Wilgy is town.
read or mech?
It's the most viable claim I've seen tbh. It could be that the mafia have a rolecop though and they know how to make good fake claims now.
I'm still not sure I buy it but mafia have struggled with coming up with decent role claims thus far (nutella kept changing her claim, sprityo just straight up refused to claim, JPIC came up with a totally nonsensical claim). So unless some role claiming wizard took over in the scum chat, having a believable looking role claim is to some extent a towntell. (It also clears some people from being scum because they'd have prepared better claims for their buddies, like nanook or you or even me, but all three of us are already clear unfortunately so we don't get any extra info.)

The counterargument to this is that even if Wilgy has a believable looking role claim, he still had bad interactions with nut and his claim of seeing JPIC hit tutuu doesn't add up since tutuu wasn't postcapped and the one role that could block something like that (juliets) holstered. it's also a bit too much power for town for me to buy tbh, since I think his role is actually quite strong.

another thing worth asking is why the hell jpic went out tonight. I find it hard to believe that JPIC witnessed the entire scum team being completely party wiped by Hally due to overusing their visits on you, and then went to himself "hm, I have a great idea! I'll visit another member of the towncore tonight who also made a billion psots so the ability doesn't even restrict them that hard!"

(of course, a lot of the stuff JPIC has done this game is not understandable to me so maybe that's just him being a bit unpredictable as usual)
I would lay money that JPIC went out...but he went to Hally's house.
wait, @Timsup2nothin so are you suggesting that the scum killed Hally as well went for Post Capping her at the same time? or are you saying that Hally was killed by the 3P?
JPIC was the obvious choice to carry the faction kill for the wolves. I'm pretty sure he just holstered on the post cap thing. He did NOT visit Tutuu.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

The counter argument to that is that we know Hally was strongman killed, and it's not clear to me if the strongman modifier is an aspect of a mafia member's role (in which case only they can carry the kill) or a factional modifier that anyone who carries the kill can apply to themselves.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

ahh, I see, thanks, ALison, tim.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 am Tim is saying that JPIC had a useless role so he probably carried the kill to Hally.
Plus he was closest thing to outed. He always carries the kill there I think.

This is why, really, we should be killing Wilgy right away. Make the last wolf carry the kill while we have all this mech power out there.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:24 am The counter argument to that is that we know Hally was strongman killed, and it's not clear to me if the strongman modifier is an aspect of a mafia member's role (in which case only they can carry the kill) or a factional modifier that anyone who carries the kill can apply to themselves.
I think the strongman aspect comes out of compensation so was probably factional, if not a Hally specific penalty preventing her being protected. But that's speculative.
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 0]

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:34 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:41 pm did anyone else roll mafia or just me?
I rolled rogue. No idea what that is tho.
leaving this here without further comment
Alison

Post by Alison »

I see no reason for Hally to be punished. By the wording of their role card they did not do anything wrong. I really see no reason for us to assume the strongman kill was compensatory in general. We've already noted that the scum roles so far have been underwhelming compared to the town roles. It's not a massive stretch for me to imagine that one of the remaining scum has one or more strongman kills. The main counterargument against that is that they would probably have used it on me. But maybe it's 1-shot and they wanted to save it for a PR rather than just getting rid of towncore. Or it's conditional and they only fulfilled the condition N2.
Timsup2nothin

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:30 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:34 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:41 pm did anyone else roll mafia or just me?
I rolled rogue. No idea what that is tho.
leaving this here without further comment
Since Oddmerta has taken your "claim" as truth I wonder why he didn't believe Wilgy?
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:33 pm 1. Alison - Nutella(Mafia), Sprityo (Mafia), Nook - Good
2. TonyStarkPrime - Nutella (Mafia), Sprityo (Mafia), JPIC (Mafia) - Very good
3. DrWilgy - Tutuu, MacDougall, Sprityo (Mafia) - Very bad
4. dyachei - Nanook, Sprityo (Mafia), Nanook - Reasonable
5. Dyslexicon - tedxtr, Sprityo (mafia), Tim - Questionable
6. juliets - Nutella (Mafia), JPIC (Mafia), Sprityo (Mafia) - Very good
8. Herm - Nanook, JPIC (Mafia), Sprityo (Mafia) - Good
10. Long Con - Tim, JPIC (Mafia), Sprityo (Mafia) - Good
11. MacDougall - Nutella (Mafia), Nanook, Sprityo (Mafia) - Good
12. Master Radishes - DrWilgy, Staypositivefriend, Sprityo (Mafia) - Questionable
13. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Tim, Sprityo (Mafia), Tim - Reasonable
14. Oddmerta - Tim, JPIC (Mafia), Tim - Hmmm
15. Poison Chan - Nutella (Mafia), Oddmerta, Sprityo (Mafia) - Good
16. Samusamu - Nutella (Mafia), JPIC (Mafia), Tim - Good
18. staypositivefriend - Nutella (Mafia), JPIC (Mafia), Sprityo (Mafia) - Very good
19. tedxtr - Tim, Sprityo (Mafia) - Ok
20. Timsup2nothin - tedxtr, Oddmerta, Sprityo (Mafia) - Wanna talk about this
21. tutuu - Nutella (Mafia), Sprityo (Mafia), SPF - Fine

The odd ones out here are Wilgy, Dyslexicon, Radishes, Oddmerta, Tedxtr and Tim.

This analysis makes Herm and Samu look better. It clears Tim for me.

I think it's fair to say the worst votes here are Wilgy's vote on me and Radishes vote on SPF.

I have concerns about Oddmerta. Primarily that Oddmerta pushes so fucking hard onto JPIC and ignored Sprityo which I think is exactly what mafia wanted (JPIC to go before Sprityo) because JPIC had the shittier role. I actually thought he was the cop before Alison's claim so now that she's claimed cop it makes me very sus on him.
this is nice but I wouldn't like to go with this cause the situations the scums are in I think they can buss a little.?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tutuu wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:49 pm herm's role encourages song claiming

"claim your song name so that we can have herm peek you"

a la nutella was like "claim your song name so i can protect you"

idk

like, even if herm is town, and he manages to receive a confirmation that Song X belongs to scum - what now? what useful info is this?
okay, hmm.. tbh, the thing is i am having doubts with Herm claim now, I might have misread something?

I must claim at this point.

the thing is My role needs song claiming, but I highly discourage it cause I think the scum might be taking advantage of that, but it think the game might have been made this way to balance out the town-antitown advantage-disadvantages with the song claims idk?

I am X shot Lie- detector . I can check if the players are claiming the right song or not. [Haven't used it yet]
I'm X shot conditional role -card cop [but this is a bit weird cause my N1 and N2 results came a bit differently, also I was lucky to get results both the nights, i do not have the entire song name lists either. would not like to talk about it further, maybe in D3 - d4 with more info?]

The thing is I do not understand exactly, my first ability is very good yet risky cause i do not want to encourage people to claim songs unless we get really scummy people, cause i think nutella said it right that they have a list of all the song names and it's probably harmful for us. but i think this role more or less is good for us.

but, my second ability, I think it's a bit incomplete. I think there might be some sort of complimentary role/power which helps my role card check complete. or uhh idk how it is supposed to work? I mean does it work like how it did with MR or idk.. you know what I'm trying to say? what do you guys think??

now, with herm claims, idk where to uhh , it just sounds weird for me, specially when he said he'd get a BP n1 if they don't get voted EoD 1 ? that kinda sounds weird no?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Do you have any restrictions on claiming your role or the information you get through your role?
Alison

Post by Alison »

The lie detector doesn't seem too useful. Feels a bit like a red herring ability that was tossed in to bait people into claiming songnames so nutella/the rogue can whack them. I'd need to know more about the second ability to figure out how to best use it, which is why I'm asking if you have restrictions on claiming it.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

we can probably use herm's role in combination with poison chan as pseudo peeks?

force dr wilgy to claim his song and album

herm checks the album to find if there are any scum in it

poison chan checks to make sure dr wilgy says the truth

or anyone else not just dr wilgy

Return to “Previous Jobs”