A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Master Radishes »

juliets wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:52 pm @Master Radishes what is up? You haven't been here since early yesterday morning. I'm used to you being much more of a force in games.
Hi.

I'm back to teaching last week/this week, which has cut into my Mafia time. Everytime I check back there's 100+ posts (more when I wake up in the morning) and I can't remember who has what role and everything like that. But Town seems to have this in hand tbh, so I'm not exactly worried about contributing. Basically I'm just feeling pretty useless but also don't feel the need to jump in and change that.
Spoiler: show
I'm considering subbing out of Champs tbh. It's only going to be worse.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

NO DON'T RADISH NO NO DON'T NO
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:34 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:03 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:58 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:40 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:31 pm Tim, speaking of who you think are 3P, who are your top guesses? Maybe you mentioned them earlier but I didn't see it.
Number one is Oddmerta. Has Alison convinced he's town so safe from chopping, intentionally putting zero effort towards actual solving and has avoided claiming any particularly dangerous power to avoid any chance of a night kill. So he is positioned to make it at least eight fays deep into the game, which I would guess is far enough to meet a 3P wincon. If he is NOT pursuing a 3P wincon what exactly is he doing?

Beyond that, I eliminate Tutuu, Alison, and Mac for making themselves too likely to get NKed too soon. I sort of eliminate Nanook because he attended that party at Mac's house N1 and all the bad things that happened to Mac seem to have been accounted for. But that leaves a huge suspect pool if it isn't Oddmerta.
oddmerta is in my upper POE for the 3P hunt, and I expect the lower POE to be cleared really fast so you have nothing to worry about if you genuinely think oddmerta is the thread.
How really fast? I see it as through day five just offing me, Wilgy, and Dizzy. That leaves at least three or four in 'lower POE,' doesn't it?
you and wilgy are the lower POE. and we're not executing dizzy. of the people left, like LC, they will be taken care of with night abilities during the nights we're executing you and wilgy. then it's onto the upper POE. also given you seem super convinced wilgy lied I'm surprised you don't have any faith in wilgy flipping 3P anyway.
As soon as I flip green and my role card confirms I had a role block available N1 Dizzy's track on Ted is going to become extremely problematic so he's probably dying soon. Wilgy being 99% likely to be a wolf isn't going to change that, or get us any closer to the 3P.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

BTW, I think most of these night abilities won't really differentiate the 3P. I mean it would be great if they did, but if they made a good fake claim that accounts for any movements they make at night I am not optimistic. I think you are as likely to get a false clear as you are a real one.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:41 pmAs soon as I flip green and my role card confirms I had a role block available N1 Dizzy's track on Ted is going to become extremely problematic so he's probably dying soon. Wilgy being 99% likely to be a wolf isn't going to change that, or get us any closer to the 3P.
Why is my track not problematic to you if it will become extremely problematic?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:45 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:41 pmAs soon as I flip green and my role card confirms I had a role block available N1 Dizzy's track on Ted is going to become extremely problematic so he's probably dying soon. Wilgy being 99% likely to be a wolf isn't going to change that, or get us any closer to the 3P.
Why is my track not problematic to you if it will become extremely problematic?
Because I'm dying before I have any chance of sorting out that problem.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I don't think that's what Dizzy is asking. You said you trusted Dizzy, but then later on you said that when you flip town, Dizzy will be outed to the extent that we have to execute him even if we trust him right now.

So... if you're town right now and you know it, why would you not apply a similar attitude to yourself and angle for a Dizzy exe?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:53 pm I don't think that's what Dizzy is asking. You said you trusted Dizzy, but then later on you said that when you flip town, Dizzy will be outed to the extent that we have to execute him even if we trust him right now.

So... if you're town right now and you know it, why would you not apply a similar attitude to yourself and angle for a Dizzy exe?
Because you are irrationally set on chopping me so there would be no point.

I honestly think it is more likely that there is some fuckery afoot than that Dizzy is lying here. If he is 3P claiming a fake track on Ted gains him absolutely nothing. If he is a wolf such a claim gains him absolutely nothing. So I have to lean towards it being some sort of trick.

But since it is pretty clear that me lying about a role block on Ted is ALSO of no benefit to me as 3P or wolf and that hasn't stopped you I don't see where it is gonna do Dizzy any good when the time comes.

The only out I see for him is if Wilgy flips some mafia role that explains the outcome. Or I do, but I won't.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Actually I can see how lying about the roleblock helps you.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:50 pmBecause I'm dying before I have any chance of sorting out that problem.
What is there to sort out? I'm lying or I'm not. What do you think?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:02 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:50 pmBecause I'm dying before I have any chance of sorting out that problem.
What is there to sort out? I'm lying or I'm not. What do you think?
Just answered that...I think it is more likely that some fuckery is afoot than that you are just pointlessly lying.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:01 pm Actually I can see how lying about the roleblock helps you.
How's that? If I had just stuck with MD, which no one had any way to disprove, I'd be doing fine right now. How has claiming the role block helped me?
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DrWilgy »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:35 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:32 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:31 pm Anyone wanna yeet Samu instead of Tim?
Why tho?
Idk, he's probably scum.

The question was posed more of a "what are your thoughts?" Instead of hey let's do this.

Probably anxiety, but my brain has the tendency to go down the path of "what if we've been bamboozled and Tim is town?" The fact that Tim has not considered this option for me makes me more confident that we haven't been bamboozled, but the idea is still present.
Ummmm...I actually looked into the ways I thought I could be making a mistake regarding JPIC getting vigged and how that might affect your track. I've also been industriously speculating about how we might be getting mislead by some sort of 3P "vanillariser" with Dizzy et al. I've speculated so much about various bamboozling prospects that Alison has told me to just shut up and die. I just think that the simplest solution to the JPIC track is that you faked your claim. After some clarification from Sloonei I acknowledge that the simplest solution to the Dizzy track is that I faked mine. You and me both have to get chopped and that is a fact.

I also see that Samu is a pretty obvious chop choice after us.
Yarp. Hopefully town doesn't blow it after we are gone.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

do you guys have any preferences for me to track?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 pmYarp. Hopefully town doesn't blow it after we are gone.
Uh, you think Tim is town? What about me?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:35 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:52 pm @Master Radishes what is up? You haven't been here since early yesterday morning. I'm used to you being much more of a force in games.
Hi.

I'm back to teaching last week/this week, which has cut into my Mafia time. Everytime I check back there's 100+ posts (more when I wake up in the morning) and I can't remember who has what role and everything like that. But Town seems to have this in hand tbh, so I'm not exactly worried about contributing. Basically I'm just feeling pretty useless but also don't feel the need to jump in and change that.
I'm considering subbing out of Champs tbh. It's only going to be worse.
Radish, do you remember what your night action is supposed to be tonight? Also, this may be impossible for you but I keep post #6741 (the night plan, its not the original but it will do) and post #6389 (the roles and actions of everyone) up in two other windows while I'm playing in a third. I keep them up even when I take breaks and will keep them up overnight. That way I can reference them when I can't remember.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[mention]Timsup2nothin[/mention] role with me here on a line.

If we were to both flip civ, who's scum and set it up this way?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:16 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 pmYarp. Hopefully town doesn't blow it after we are gone.
Uh, you think Tim is town? What about me?
Nah, just a potential line.

Idk, you are Null until Tim resolves imo.
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:17 pmNah, just a potential line.

Expand please. What is null about me to you? How will the Tim flip resolve this for you?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 pm do you guys have any preferences for me to track?
If you can work it out, track whoever Juliet protects with her non-lethal power protection. If you actually get a track you are cleared as not 3P.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dyachei wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 pm do you guys have any preferences for me to track?
dya, I may be wrong but the plan says for you to track whoever you think might be carrying (the kill) so if we tell you who that might ruin the plan.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:18 pm
If you can work it out, track whoever Juliet protects with her non-lethal power protection. If you actually get a track you are cleared as not 3P.
The plan calls for me to protect Radishes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Been busy, but still plan to check King of the Limbs tonight.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Herm wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:22 pm Been busy, but still plan to check King of the Limbs tonight.
Nobody listens to that.

/shade :keys:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] should probably ask you if you want us to keep the same plan in place or whether you've changed your mind about some things. There is time to think about it, we don't have to know until tomorrow.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

gone to dinner

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:22 pm
Herm wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:22 pm Been busy, but still plan to check King of the Limbs tonight.
Nobody listens to that.

/shade :keys:
Lol
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:17 pm @Timsup2nothin role with me here on a line.

If we were to both flip civ, who's scum and set it up this way?
If we both flip town that means that JPIC was somehow messed with in a way that allowed him to reach Tutuu but not affect her, and that either Dizzy is just lying outright or I was messed with in some way that kept me from reaching Ted at all.

Both me and JPIC being messed with, in different ways, seems pretty far fetched so even though I have no idea why he ever would lie I would be hard pressed to trust Dizzy as having told the truth there.

We know one of the two remaining wolves is a role cop, so if Me and JPIC were messed with in different ways one of us got messed with by the 3p, and that's obviously JPIC, which means I got messed with by a wolf. Ted actually admits to having targeted me which makes him suspect there, but he's pretty towny.

Overall, if you and I both flip green there is a truly dangerous level of misdirection going on.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:18 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:17 pmNah, just a potential line.

Expand please. What is null about me to you? How will the Tim flip resolve this for you?
[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

juliets wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 pm
So a track on Radishes with declaring where he went before he reveals is a 3P clear. Unfortunately I think the plan might already specify where Rasishes is going, and there is zero additional benefit to tracking him since he is lock civilian already.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:49 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 pm
So a track on Radishes with declaring where he went before he reveals is a 3P clear. Unfortunately I think the plan might already specify where Rasishes is going, and there is zero additional benefit to tracking him since he is lock civilian already.
He has a choice of two people to go to.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I just want to say that I think Wilgy is scummy as freck in these later posts. 1/10
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

It seems like there should be more people around this close to EOD. It makes me nervous.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

juliets wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:11 pm It seems like there should be more people around this close to EOD. It makes me nervous.
It's long since decided so people are gonna shrug it
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:07 pm I just want to say that I think Wilgy is scummy as freck in these later posts. 1/10
IMO he's just outed wolf so any motions he goes through are commendable effort
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

My prediction is that Tim is town and Wilgy is not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Based on guessing. =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:13 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:07 pm I just want to say that I think Wilgy is scummy as freck in these later posts. 1/10
The "Yeah, I hope town can do it after we're gone!" while he's supposed to suss you, I think? And also the pre shading of me, cause I'm so "null" depending on your flip is terrible terrible awful.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:13 pm
The "Yeah, I hope town can do it after we're gone!" while he's supposed to suss you, I think? And also the pre shading of me, cause I'm so "null" depending on your flip is terrible terrible awful.
I don't think he ever said he sussed me. I am locked on him, but there's really no particular reason for him to suss me other than our conflicting results, and I'm sure he is setting up to push you for that.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:21 pmI don't think he ever said he sussed me. I am locked on him, but there's really no particular reason for him to suss me other than our conflicting results, and I'm sure he is setting up to push you for that.
Well, he can try. =p I would honestly prefer him over you today, sue me. But I'm not the voice of town this game.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:21 pmI don't think he ever said he sussed me. I am locked on him, but there's really no particular reason for him to suss me other than our conflicting results, and I'm sure he is setting up to push you for that.
Well, he can try. =p I would honestly prefer him over you today, sue me. But I'm not the voice of town this game.
Yeah, s'okay. My biggest regret is that I have no theory for resolving our conflicted actions and if you are town that's gonna challenge you.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

If you are a wolf your claim was really dumb and you deserve what you get.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:31 pm If you are a wolf your claim was really dumb and you deserve what you get.
I'm obvtown always and forever. No fear, no doubt. :beer:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

That is not a Pyramid Song claim =p
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:35 pm That is not a Pyramid Song claim =p
you'd have to be pretty brave to claim that after nutella did
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

:beer:

I'll be watching with interest.

To whom it may concern...yes Dizzy's track is a conflict, but Wilgy's claim is just flawed from literally every angle, and at least has some plausible wolf motives. Kill him before Dizzy EVERY time.
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Good morning. Hello.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:37 pmyou'd have to be pretty brave to claim that after nutella did
I totally knew that. I claim to play it on piano now and then.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hi Poison
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Hey tim!
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Any tl;Dr?

Return to “Previous Jobs”