LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's going to be marching in the pride parade?

Hally
No votes
Mistyx
10%
sabie12
20%
Alison (Dead/Spec)
70%

Total votes: 10
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 pm Espeon is the best Eeveelution and that's all I probably have to contribute to all the Pokemon discussion I missed.
Espeon is probably my 2nd favorite Eeveelution. :D
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:54 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:43 pm
Mistyx wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:37 pm Sabie is probably mafia, too, unless it's actually MP7. I'm going to call Tony town.
please elaborate

also may i ask, did you do this because you weren't expecting anyone else to progress the game this way?
I liked Tony's IC claim/fakeclaim. And nah, I think someone would've did something to progress the game eventually. I just figured I'd create some banter in between Pokemon posts. The Hally read is half-serious though.
Why did you like it?
I lied. I actually have no feelings about Tony's IC claim. I was just posting words to see how Mist and others reacted to it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:33 pm mp! <3 where u at i wanna show you i can like make posts now
I'm proud of you hehe!
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

syndicate polls < anything else
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hyena wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:43 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 pm Espeon is the best Eeveelution and that's all I probably have to contribute to all the Pokemon discussion I missed.
Hyena wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:37 pm Sabie is probably mafia, too, unless it's actually MP7. I'm going to call Tony town.
please elaborate

also may i ask, did you do this because you weren't expecting anyone else to progress the game this way?
I liked Tony's IC claim/fakeclaim. And nah, I think someone would've did something to progress the game eventually. I just figured I'd create some banter in between Pokemon posts. The Hally read is half-serious though.
Why did you like it?
I lied. I actually have no feelings about Tony's IC claim. I was just posting words to see how Mist and others reacted to it.
I'm pro-lying-about-tony-being-good tbh
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:43 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:40 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:05 am ig to illustrate what i mean re: hyena, i feel like when he votede and started giving reads it was very out of nowhere, like “look i’m starting to solve!” and maybe forcing the issue a bit

as opposed to mist who has sort of eased into solving more naturally and didn’t seem like self conscious about getting into it quickly. like mist seems less concerned with trying to look solvey than hyena, which i feel like is actually townier in a vacuum
I actually had a similar thought with these; if I had to pick I'd say Hyena looked a bit stilted and Mist seemed solvy.
oh neat. so what do you think of hyena now saying his push on me was for reactions?
I'm not sure, what do you think?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:43 pm
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:33 pm mp! <3 where u at i wanna show you i can like make posts now
I'm proud of you hehe!
Seriously just glad we get to play together again, I promise I'll try not to wrongly death tunnel you this time, hahaha.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spoiler: show
please elaborate

Why did you like it?
What were you hoping to gain exactly?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pmPoison - very strong - CHAOTIC GOOD, honestly sneaky is the only one I don't relate to too much although I try to be in some games I guess
Cool, we both relate very strongly to Poison. :D Though, sneaky to me can also mean manipulative, which I certainly can be when playing mafia.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pm I guess as for how that combination as explained above plays into mafia: I can and will change my mind on a dime, I will passionately argue for or against someone if I really believe it, even though I try to stay level-headed I will get emotional, I will try to cheerlead others, I will ramble (lol) and, I will probably spend way more words than I need to in order to get into someone's head but it's really important to me that I do.
I remember reading the MBTI thread here and noticing you tested as an INFJ. Mostly everything you said above is pretty consistent with most INFJs. :D
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 415
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:45 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:05 am ig to illustrate what i mean re: hyena, i feel like when he votede and started giving reads it was very out of nowhere, like “look i’m starting to solve!” and maybe forcing the issue a bit

as opposed to mist who has sort of eased into solving more naturally and didn’t seem like self conscious about getting into it quickly. like mist seems less concerned with trying to look solvey than hyena, which i feel like is actually townier in a vacuum
I actually had a similar thought with these; if I had to pick I'd say Hyena looked a bit stilted and Mist seemed solvy.
oh neat. so what do you think of hyena now saying his push on me was for reactions?
well that explanation at least fits with me feeling like he wasn’t being natural at the start, but i’m not sure i buy that he isn’t just backtracking because i called him out. idk i’m just gonna wait and see what he does now that the gig is up :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hyena wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:48 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pmPoison - very strong - CHAOTIC GOOD, honestly sneaky is the only one I don't relate to too much although I try to be in some games I guess
Cool, we both relate very strongly to Poison. :D Though, sneaky to me can also mean manipulative, which I certainly can be when playing mafia.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pm I guess as for how that combination as explained above plays into mafia: I can and will change my mind on a dime, I will passionately argue for or against someone if I really believe it, even though I try to stay level-headed I will get emotional, I will try to cheerlead others, I will ramble (lol) and, I will probably spend way more words than I need to in order to get into someone's head but it's really important to me that I do.
I remember reading the MBTI thread here and noticing you tested as an INFJ. Mostly everything you said above is pretty consistent with most INFJs. :D
im infj too \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Poison buddies! I guess you're right, that's what I was thinking too, although of course only if I'm wolfing in mafia. In other tabletop games that are competitive then anything's possible hehe.

That's a really cool observation. I typed as INTJ for a lot of my life but I also was actively emotionally repressed, so INFJ is certainly the one I identify with strongly anymore, although lol personality tests (should be taken with a grain of salt), but hey they're fun and they can be a really effective launching pad for self-meta and discovery.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:47 pm
please elaborate

Why did you like it?
When I do things like this, I don't really go in with the goal of obtaining anything specific. Seeing how people react to things helps me get into their head, which helps me guess their motivations in the game. :3 Basically, I'm just trying to see how people tick so that I can later place myself in their shoes and see the game from their perspective.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

was there not a gen 8 eeveelution?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:49 pm
im infj too \o/
Me, too! \o/
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:52 pm
No. ;-;
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:45 pm

well that explanation at least fits with me feeling like he wasn’t being natural at the start, but i’m not sure i buy that he isn’t just backtracking because i called him out. idk i’m just gonna wait and see what he does now that the gig is up :p
That's totally fair, I'm somewhere similar. The actions don't make a ton of sense to me, but I'm trying to remember how Hyena plays when town... and this seems similar enough that it gives me some pause.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

We're all poison
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

hyena, jic you missed it, i asked what your actual reads are if you have any
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

im infj too \o/
INFJ hype!
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:51 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:47 pm
please elaborate

Why did you like it?
When I do things like this, I don't really go in with the goal of obtaining anything specific. Seeing how people react to things helps me get into their head, which helps me guess their motivations in the game. :3 Basically, I'm just trying to see how people tick so that I can later place myself in their shoes and see the game from their perspective.
Got it. Did you gain any of that here?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:52 pm
Wow, I hadn't realized this, how sad. They should have added a Steel one or something.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:52 pm
im infj too \o/
Me, too! \o/
Even more hype, woo!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 pm We're all poison
There's some sort of joke to be made here but I can't put it together.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 pm hyena, jic you missed it, i asked what your actual reads are if you have any
Oh, I haven't started generating any reads yet. I'm still, like, figuring out people. I like you and Mist though. Probably you a little more since Mist hasn't really done anything AI yet from my perspective (sorry, Mist ;-;).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now that I've caught up, I can say that based on the post count alone I expected more solving and for the game environment to be tenser, but I'm relieved that this game has been really fluffy so far. Apparently all we need to keep games fluffy is to have more LGBT+ people in games, who knew?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i wish sc and sabie would come play, but i guess we have a lot of time still. i’m not used to 72 hr days
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:57 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 pm hyena, jic you missed it, i asked what your actual reads are if you have any
Oh, I haven't started generating any reads yet. I'm still, like, figuring out people. I like you and Mist though. Probably you a little more since Mist hasn't really done anything AI yet from my perspective (sorry, Mist ;-;).
I seem to remember you getting to action more quickly before. Why are you taking it slowly here?

Also, I think you're right, it must have been that game! Hahaha that's the only game I've been wolf here since my return and it wasn't even my original rand because of the zombie sub-in. Gosh that feels like ages ago, doesn't it?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I feel like I want to call Cayvie town, too, because I really do think she was posting genuine thoughts, but I don't think I know how she ticks yet, at least not well enough for me to say whether it's alignment indicative or not. I remember liking her because I remember her posting in G2 of MU Champs this year saying she was pro-chaos in games, and in my head, that means she might be capable of having genuine thoughts like that as either alignment.

Also, I'll be back in an hour or so!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

what do you like about me? and why do you like mist if you say she hasn’t done anything AI yet?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:00 pm i wish sc and sabie would come play, but i guess we have a lot of time still. i’m not used to 72 hr days
Honestly I might have trouble if the days were much less than 72 due to work and everything else, so I'm glad they are, but I also understand your position and sense of urgency here. In my experience longer phases can make it harder for interactions too potentially.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 pm Now that I've caught up, I can say that based on the post count alone I expected more solving and for the game environment to be tenser, but I'm relieved that this game has been really fluffy so far. Apparently all we need to keep games fluffy is to have more LGBT+ people in games, who knew?
i’m glad it’s very relaxed since i’m just coming off a very stressful champs run. i kinda want a nice chill game and this is definitely what i was hoping for!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:02 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 pm Now that I've caught up, I can say that based on the post count alone I expected more solving and for the game environment to be tenser, but I'm relieved that this game has been really fluffy so far. Apparently all we need to keep games fluffy is to have more LGBT+ people in games, who knew?
i’m glad it’s very relaxed since i’m just coming off a very stressful champs run. i kinda want a nice chill game and this is definitely what i was hoping for!
Me too, I've been dying to play again but I don't think I could handle a stressful game right now. Transitioning plus virtual semester has made some of my days feel rather turbulent but this week has been pretty good so far.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Not getting to meet any of my students face to face, for as much as it's 100% the right decision, is a major bummer that I'm not sure I'll ever get used to.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hyena wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:01 pm
I feel like I want to call Cayvie town, too, because I really do think she was posting genuine thoughts, but I don't think I know how she ticks yet, at least not well enough for me to say whether it's alignment indicative or not. I remember liking her because I remember her posting in G2 of MU Champs this year saying she was pro-chaos in games, and in my head, that means she might be capable of having genuine thoughts like that as either alignment.

Also, I'll be back in an hour or so!
i’m confused. why do you want to call cayvie town if you don’t think what shes posted is AI? what in this explanation makes you want to say she’s town?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So many of Hyena's thoughts are hedgey and I have no clue what to do with it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally, I can trust you, right? Please.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:02 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:00 pm i wish sc and sabie would come play, but i guess we have a lot of time still. i’m not used to 72 hr days
Honestly I might have trouble if the days were much less than 72 due to work and everything else, so I'm glad they are, but I also understand your position and sense of urgency here. In my experience longer phases can make it harder for interactions too potentially.
i actually don’t mind this one being longer phases! just because it will hopefully be more relaxed. but yea, interactions might be harder because ppl may not be around at the same time. im sure we can manage though!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:03 pm
Me too, I've been dying to play again but I don't think I could handle a stressful game right now. Transitioning plus virtual semester has made some of my days feel rather turbulent but this week has been pretty good so far.
oh good! i hope that continues!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

the good week i mean, not the turbulence
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:08 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:02 pm
i actually don’t mind this one being longer phases! just because it will hopefully be more relaxed. but yea, interactions might be harder because ppl may not be around at the same time. im sure we can manage though!
Yeah, I'm optimistic too!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Thank you so much! Me too. Dysphoria is a bitch.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:04 pm Not getting to meet any of my students face to face, for as much as it's 100% the right decision, is a major bummer that I'm not sure I'll ever get used to.
oh rip, yea it must be hard teaching remotely. i actually studied education in college! what do you teach?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I was talking today with some of my first year grad student friends with classes for whom this is their introduction to teaching. It's weird.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:07 pm So many of Hyena's thoughts are hedgey and I have no clue what to do with it.
im getting confused myself. the cayvie read especially kinda feels like forcing content because he says cayvie is town but then doesn’t actually say anything in the paragraph about why. it’s all just fence sitting

maybe mist knows if this kind of waffling is typical for hyena
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:07 pm Hally, I can trust you, right? Please.
yes! but can i trust you? dun dun dun!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:10 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:04 pm Not getting to meet any of my students face to face, for as much as it's 100% the right decision, is a major bummer that I'm not sure I'll ever get used to.
oh rip, yea it must be hard teaching remotely. i actually studied education in college! what do you teach?
It definitely has been a challenge. Thankfully I taught over the summer (even though 5-week virtual teaching was hellish tbh it gave me a lot of good experience), so between that and the second part of Spring semester, I at least had data and feedback to work off of, and I think I'm doing the best I can given the circumstances. I basically am teaching hybrid now, so I record videos in roughly 30-minute segments or less and I generally post them ahead of time, and then during class I'll hold Q&A-type sessions in Zoom. It seems to be working pretty well, or at least as well as it can given there's no remotely perfect solution to various obstacles.

I teach Accounting, hahaha. Right now it's Accounting Information Systems specifically. Fun, right? Hehe.

That's so cool! I actually briefly considered Education because I really wanted to teach, but then I pivoted to Accounting because I found it intriguing, I was good at it, and I liked math and analyzing but I didn't want to go too theoretical and then later found out accounting was much less math and more a bunch of framework application and I still really liked it. During undergrad I figured I would just teach later when I retired or something? But I felt the itch still, and I considered PhD programs after talking to one of my Master's professors about why he really enjoyed being in academia. Despite the PhD program being a net negative on my mental health it was soooo worth it.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:10 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 pm
Thank you so much! Me too. Dysphoria is a bitch.
:hug:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:16 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:10 pm
It definitely has been a challenge. Thankfully I taught over the summer (even though 5-week virtual teaching was hellish tbh it gave me a lot of good experience), so between that and the second part of Spring semester, I at least had data and feedback to work off of, and I think I'm doing the best I can given the circumstances. I basically am teaching hybrid now, so I record videos in roughly 30-minute segments or less and I generally post them ahead of time, and then during class I'll hold Q&A-type sessions in Zoom. It seems to be working pretty well, or at least as well as it can given there's no remotely perfect solution to various obstacles.

I teach Accounting, hahaha. Right now it's Accounting Information Systems specifically. Fun, right? Hehe.

That's so cool! I actually briefly considered Education because I really wanted to teach, but then I pivoted to Accounting because I found it intriguing, I was good at it, and I liked math and analyzing but I didn't want to go too theoretical and then later found out accounting was much less math and more a bunch of framework application and I still really liked it. During undergrad I figured I would just teach later when I retired or something? But I felt the itch still, and I considered PhD programs after talking to one of my Master's professors about why he really enjoyed being in academia. Despite the PhD program being a net negative on my mental health it was soooo worth it.
oh gosh, i could never do accounting. i don’t have a mathematical mind at all
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:12 pm I was talking today with some of my first year grad student friends with classes for whom this is their introduction to teaching. It's weird.
Oh gosh, I couldn't imagine.

Return to “Previous Jobs”