LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's going to be marching in the pride parade?

Hally
No votes
Mistyx
10%
sabie12
20%
Alison (Dead/Spec)
70%

Total votes: 10
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Alison »

Forgot to add that first page has been updated with ISO links.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

Mreh. If I'm squinting at Mist for not taking the "This feels too easy" path should I be townreading Sabie for being the one who did post it first? Mreeh.

Three town genuinely townreading Cayvie. That... no it just doesn't make any sense? If all three of those are town then they have five total votes with Cayvie+partner. Makes no sense Cayvie ghosts the thread and goes over. Plus the improbability of townreading Cayvie's play in the first place.
Mistyx wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm anyway i have important mechanical information to share

n0 tim hortons w
n1 smartbomb gay
Tim Hortons. Tim. Hortons.
Tim.
Hortons.

And "smartbomb gay" not "i'm gay." That is exactly the conspicuous failure to post "i'm gay" that I talked about considering a situational scumtell, in spec chat back around champs semifinal 1.
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:41 pm cayvie

tony
misty

sabie
hally
scirry
hyenie

(mp)
Does cayvie really bust out this readlist formatting if her partner is MP7? Hm. Hrm. Hmm. [Slay the Spire shopkeeper hmms 10 hour loop]
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

ONE NIGHT, HOT SPRINGS is a visual novel. play as haru, a young transgender woman, and join her at the hot springs in japan.

content warning: this game is for all ages, but it discusses issues that a transgender woman in japan might face, which is a topic that can be sensitive and personal. also, please keep in mind that this takes place in japan with japanese characters.

play time is ~30 minutes with seven endings total.

Free/pay what you want.

Also has two sequels discussing similar subjects. Highly recommended - a cute, wholesome and heartwarming short story that is also a more realistic, non-anime-fied treatment of being trans in Japan. Applicable everywhere, though. A great primer to gently introduce friends who are wondering about the basics, as it were.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I was not townreading cayvie. I just was trying to consider all options. I was fine voting her and then I felt like the thread started moving away from scum reading her and I didn't end up voting there. I think had there actually been a poll and I could see where the votes were I may have changed my vote to her. It's hard to fully read someone when they just stop being here but I was not defending her and I was not townreading her I just wasn't sure about her. If people would like to interpret my no vote on her as townreading her then that's on them.
I think mist probably was the most sketchy I just like to consider other options just in case there was something missed. (No pun intended)
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:54 am

ONE NIGHT, HOT SPRINGS is a visual novel. play as haru, a young transgender woman, and join her at the hot springs in japan.

content warning: this game is for all ages, but it discusses issues that a transgender woman in japan might face, which is a topic that can be sensitive and personal. also, please keep in mind that this takes place in japan with japanese characters.

Free/pay what you want.

Also has two sequels discussing similar subjects. Highly recommended - a cute, wholesome and heartwarming short story that is also a more realistic, non-anime-fied treatment of being trans in Japan. Applicable everywhere, though. A great primer to gently introduce friends who are wondering about the basics, as it were.
That sounds cute I would play it.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 1]

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:01 am
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:47 pm I mean cayvie has a whole interaction about bussing and being a vengeful mafia and then ended up being the vengeful mafia so I pointed that out. I thought maybe that was something worth discussing if we're analyzing cayvies ISO. If no one thinks looking at other players interactions with a mafia member is worthwhile then fine I give up go ahead and misyeet me. If someone else had come up with that idea it would be awesome smart amazing cool. If I say it, it's heavily questionable and makes no sense and why would I ever even think that was meaningful?
oh no i didn’t mean it’s not worthwhile. i’m just trying to understand what you see in it. you didn’t say what you think the posts meant when you quoted them. so i just want to know what you get from them. sorry i’m not trying to frustrate you
It's okay I just thought looking through cayvies ISO those interactions were significant. I wanted to see what people's thoughts were on it because I'm not sure myself. I just think the fact that the vengeful mafia talking about strategy regarding the vengeful mafia was potentially noteworthy in some way.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:29 pm
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 pm
Mistyx wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 pm
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:36 pm
Mistyx wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:33 pm
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:32 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:29 pm ok but cayvie how do you read us?
i wasn't joking about the wolf duo thing. i wouldn't say it's a read but i see you two as v compatible rn.
why would wolves bus in flipless, especially with an IC in the setup?

you don't get any cred off the flip so there's no real point
you do get cred off one flip, though.
no you don't

there is no flip
there's a vengeful mafia
And this exchange. Hmmm
Okay so I'll be even more specific on my thoughts here. I apologize I was too sleepy last night to fully flesh out my thoughts about this.

Aside from what I've already mentioned that this is a conversation from the vengeful mafia about the vengeful mafia. Mist (who is a top suspect right now) is involved in this exchange here. Did mist and cayvie plan this exchange to distance in some way? Or does that not seem plausible.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:26 pm
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:44 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 pm
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 pm
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:37 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:36 pm i mean, my reason for voting hyena was that he didn’t have eevee in his top ten pokemon. so yea, i would say i don’t expect that to be taken very seriously :p
exactly: not actually bussing.
....okay, but why do we have to be teamed as opposed to like, not teamed
you don't have to be teamed. im just saying you're compatible.
you said we were the mafia team. what caused you to have that thought?
i feel like you're taking me in circles.

i saw you and hyena vote each other for what looked like silly-ish reasons. i thought, hmm this looks like it could be distancing. is there a reason for mafia to distance/bus in a flipless setting? yes, potentially, if they want to use the vengekill.

and here we are
So cayvie said this about bussing and now we know she was the vengeful one. I don't know if that means it happened for sure just figured that might be relevant
This interaction I thought was significant because again it was a discussion regarding why would mafia bus in a flipless setting. The person who is the vengeful mafia says well if mafia wanted to use thier vengeful kill they could bus. There was some discussion on whether or not all the cayvie votes are cleared or if bussing could have happened so this seemed relevant to the conversation in my mind. Perhaps to others it did not so again I apologize if I didn't make that clear.
Maybe it's not significant and doesn't mean anything I just thought it was worth noting and perhaps discussing.
~Darren Shan~
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Post by Mistyx »

Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:11 am For my part I am more inclined towards finding scum and I think the scummiest is Mist. Words. 2 AM. I may be wrong on that. @Mistyx if I am wrong on this keep calm and carry on, you believe it's Sabie over MP7?
i think so?

tbh my reasoning for pushing sabie doesn't really hold up but i haven't done an actual reevaluation yet
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:13 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:03 pm wait is mafia at parity?
i assume so?
Lylo with vig and mafia would be draw at worst if not
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:11 am Three people townread Cayvie.

Of these three...

MP7 is believable to me as having very different perspective. The type chart exercise was useful here. The rest of us were all picking mostly the same things, Poison, Ice, Steel on the chart, typical mafia player traits, and MP7 comes in and self describes as Fire which is *way* different from anyone else. And that appears to be genuine.

Also if I am living in an MP7 town world, she gave me a potentially valuable insight when she pointed out that simply starting the typechart exercise is not heavily alignment indicative. I never did see Mist come back and do anything with that information, so the lease/line of credit townread I'd given Mist for it has to be withdrawn.

Sabie is a head scratcher, but...
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:47 pm I mean cayvie has a whole interaction about bussing and being a vengeful mafia and then ended up being the vengeful mafia so I pointed that out. I thought maybe that was something worth discussing if we're analyzing cayvies ISO. If no one thinks looking at other players interactions with a mafia member is worthwhile then fine I give up go ahead and misyeet me. If someone else had come up with that idea it would be awesome smart amazing cool. If I say it, it's heavily questionable and makes no sense and why would I ever even think that was meaningful?
This is believable to me and matches Sabie's place in the game. This also matches a world where Mist, specifically, is looking for somewhere to shade.

Mist... called Cayvie #2 town. Mist is a player I have relatively high experience with, and her thoughts usually are more traceable to me than this. When Mist is heavily wrong it's usually from feeling things are too easy, not overtly townreading scum.
Mistyx wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:28 pm
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:23 pm oh im deffo steel in that list
spicy take

this is wolfy for not answering the why

...there's nothing behind this take i just want to feel productive
called cayvie's response wolfy, but immediately disclaims it as a nothing take
Mistyx wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 pm hi, i think

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine

@Alison
naked unvote before the move onto sabie (MP7 also did a naked unvote in fairness, I think d1 unvotes are weakly scum indicative)
Wayyyy too much attention is being given to the pokemon chart.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:49 am Mreh. If I'm squinting at Mist for not taking the "This feels too easy" path should I be townreading Sabie for being the one who did post it first? Mreeh.

Three town genuinely townreading Cayvie. That... no it just doesn't make any sense? If all three of those are town then they have five total votes with Cayvie+partner. Makes no sense Cayvie ghosts the thread and goes over. Plus the improbability of townreading Cayvie's play in the first place.
Mistyx wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm anyway i have important mechanical information to share

n0 tim hortons w
n1 smartbomb gay
Tim Hortons. Tim. Hortons.
Tim.
Hortons.

And "smartbomb gay" not "i'm gay." That is exactly the conspicuous failure to post "i'm gay" that I talked about considering a situational scumtell, in spec chat back around champs semifinal 1.
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:41 pm cayvie

tony
misty

sabie
hally
scirry
hyenie

(mp)
Does cayvie really bust out this readlist formatting if her partner is MP7? Hm. Hrm. Hmm. [Slay the Spire shopkeeper hmms 10 hour loop]
So I recall this discussion and thought of it when I saw the Mist post and maybe it’s Mist but also c’mon that’s getting a little in the weeds
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Maybe? It’s Ran
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hyena most likely busser tbh but wolves agreed on the PR assessment most likely
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

This feels genuine to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:11 am Or in other words -

I don't think it's TSP, I don't think it's Hally, both of them were consistently on Cayvie's tail. If the other scum bussed throughout the day and somehow still got THREE townies to townread Cayvie, then GG because I don't know how that happens. I understand I myself would be considered a slightly more likely busser due to subbing in and napping through EOD (looks like I'm getting a sinus infection, bleh), but hope that people can find their way to me, question away and all that.

But from my perspective it's within these three suspects, MP7, Sabie, Mist, the people who townread Cayvie. Numbers, with a clearer head. We get to kill two of them? So if there's one verifiable PR within the three... that seems very good? Or if there's not, people who are good at finding town can approach it by finding one town in there. People who are town and good at finding town and included in the three can find the other town. Hooray. That's good. Words.

For my part I am more inclined towards finding scum and I think the scummiest is Mist. Words. 2 AM. I may be wrong on that. @Mistyx if I am wrong on this keep calm and carry on, you believe it's Sabie over MP7?
I hope you feel better! Sinus infections suck. I was feeling awful myself for similar reasons on Friday.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 am Forgot to add that first page has been updated with ISO links.
Thank you, Alison!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spoiler: show
Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:54 am

Free/pay what you want.

Thanks for this recommendation, Ran, I definitely would be interested based on what you have written here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:18 pm Maybe? It’s Ran
I'm wondering the same thing. Sabie or Mist could be too easy, and Sabie feels genuine to me. Mist is the ultimate easy button solution. As great as that would be, we should consider other options thoroughly.

I'll make sure to see if Hally or Ran bussing makes sense I guess. It is a really small game, maybe bussing your vengeful partner is a worthwhile consideration given how quickly the game gets to LYLO?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I just don't understand why someone would give us that information. Maybe they want to because setting up a POE of townies and then encouraging yeeting within that is worth it because then we're falsely using that information?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's possible that it's Hally and they are seemingly keeping their options open. In a way I never really feel like they made any effort to truly figure out my alignment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

But why not just go for the powerwolf win? Ugh.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hally also took a thought process at some point that suggested they were thinking about making a fake claim but overall Hally also has an insanely easy power wolf route here and is also probably town
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ran’s the one I’d consider most likely to be doing power wolfy stuff
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:58 pm Hally also took a thought process at some point that suggested they were thinking about making a fake claim but overall Hally also has an insanely easy power wolf route here and is also probably town
Right, it really doesn't make any sense after considering it. If Hally decided to bus for some reason then glgl I guess? I don't know.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:58 pm Ran’s the one I’d consider most likely to be doing power wolfy stuff
Talk to me more about that.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Hello friends!

...well I am around for questioning and things. Not a lot I can say in response to "Maybe it's Ran powerwolfing" though!
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:49 pm Hello friends!

...well I am around for questioning and things. Not a lot I can say in response to "Maybe it's Ran powerwolfing" though!
hi

why do you think it's weird for me to say "tim hortons" in rvs of what's basically a champs-adjacent game
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Because the meme is that saying Tim Hortons makes oneself lock scum! Why would town knowingly do a thing that makes themselves look scummy, even as a joke?
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

because the joke is that i investigated tim hortons and found them as scum, confirming that tim hortons is a scumtell
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

So you admit it!!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, Ran! How would you say the self-meta information you asked for has informed your read of me, if at all?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

It adds to my accumulation of data points towards what is believable from you and what I can expect from you. Currently you seem to be in a "zomg everyone is town" state where you're townreading everyone and seeming a little lost, looking into reasons why it might be Hally, or me. This is somewhat consistent with what you described as your methodology, but also a very easy position to take as scum, so... hm.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for the answer!
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

This is the waiting part of the game where I have hypotheses about how people will act, but saying them will disrupt the observation.

MP7, where's your head at on who the mafia is?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Night 1 has ended. TonyStarkPrime is dead.

Day 2 has begun.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Ranmilia »

As expected. Vig should claim now. It's not me.
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

hardclaiming VT as well
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

RIP Tony! I am VT not vig
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 415
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

rip tony. not surprised though
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

oh im vt

so mp is vig?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:21 pm oh im vt

so mp is vig?
Unless hyena was
~Darren Shan~
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i assume tony was just ic then

mp being vig would be great. it also kinda explains why she’s felt a bit off to me. being pr can make ppl act differently
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Aww damn, Hyena must have been the vig. What a bummer.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The one time I wish now I wasn't VT.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:51 pm This is the waiting part of the game where I have hypotheses about how people will act, but saying them will disrupt the observation.

MP7, where's your head at on who the mafia is?
Well, now that we know we don't have a smaller pool, that's unfortunate. I'll look at cayvie interactions when I get a chance, not sure when.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:31 pm i assume tony was just ic then

mp being vig would be great. it also kinda explains why she’s felt a bit off to me. being pr can make ppl act differently
What do you mean by me being off?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

wait seriously? hyena was vig? that’s so fucking rip
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:27 pm wait seriously? hyena was vig? that’s so fucking rip
Seriously, fucking sucks.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

I, too, am curious about Hally's take on MP7 specifically.

But also

[VOTE: Mist] aubergine

Return to “Previous Jobs”