LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's going to be marching in the pride parade?

Hally
No votes
Mistyx
10%
sabie12
20%
Alison (Dead/Spec)
70%

Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

I guess my instinct still says it's either Mist or sabie, but like... sabie has had moments where imo it seemed like she was the last one but she also has had posts where I feel like they were really genuine, so I'm torn, and then Mist feels too easy somehow?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

I guess it's gone long enough that I should say something to [mention]sabie12[/mention].

You are not posting into a void, I see your posts and your stances are duly noted. Currently I have characterized you as "townread Cayvie." You are correct in pointing out that you did not strictly speaking do that. You did, however, post:
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:31 am I am always a low poster in the beginning of games I am slow to start as I get a feel for things sorry that's just me. Also as I've said this week didnt go as planned for me but oh well.

I feel like this game is better for the scum team because they can kill us all easily and we won't even know for sure they're doing it.
Now that I can read ISOs I could maybe vote hally as they seem to have been perpetuating the random pokemon discussion and just seem different than the town game I saw before. Now that I read cayvie I feel her thought about hyena and hally may have been genuine but then she disappeared after Wednesday. I think tony is his usual town self. I could see maybe a vote for mist I don't feel like they're towny though I guess others do. I think MP seems like her town game before. I'm just not sure.

For now I will [VOTE: hally] aubergine I'm sure I'll get grilled about that but that's what I feel right now. In the other town game Hally was so unsure and thought everyone was town and didn't want to vote people and this game seems different to me.
Bolded and underlined the key phrase. This, as I understand it, is the exact reason that MP7 and Mist gave for why they townread Cayvie. So, posting that specific stance + not voting cayvie is why I currently have you lumped in that group. You may not have said "I townread Cayvie" but if you prefer we can adjust the language to "people who believed cayvie's thoughts were genuine and did not vote her." Does that make sense?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ran, what do you make of sabie getting defensive over that interpretation?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 am Ran, what do you make of sabie getting defensive over that interpretation?
I think I'd prefer Sabie to post about that herself before answering. I'm curious as to what you think of the matter, as someone who did, as far as I know, townread cayvie.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

I also feel like I should apologize to all the people trying to read me for "process" as I try to make myself a barely penetrable black box of tricks and traps until coming to a conclusion. I imagine it drives y'all nuts. Sorry. It is what it is.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Dear Mist,

I imagine you're feeling a bit down. If you're town, that's okay. Don't give up. Post more. Help me help you. I am listening. Especially interested in your takes on MP7 and Hally.

Dear MP7,

Please post some conclusions for me. Not necessarily final ones. Tell me your thoughts. Right now I'm reading you and seeing a lot of "Why why why?" directed at other people and promises to do more later, and not much in the way of conclusions. Later is now. We need your head. Take some stances. Clear thesis statement in the first paragraph of the paper.

Dear Hally,

I am almost certainly not voting you today but would greatly appreciate your thoughts on... like everything. If we miss today I expect one of us will die, so we at least aren't each other's problem. Also you're fun to bounce at.

<3 <3 <3, Ran
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Ranmilia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:54 pm I guess it's gone long enough that I should say something to @sabie12.

You are not posting into a void, I see your posts and your stances are duly noted. Currently I have characterized you as "townread Cayvie." You are correct in pointing out that you did not strictly speaking do that. You did, however, post:
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:31 am I am always a low poster in the beginning of games I am slow to start as I get a feel for things sorry that's just me. Also as I've said this week didnt go as planned for me but oh well.

I feel like this game is better for the scum team because they can kill us all easily and we won't even know for sure they're doing it.
Now that I can read ISOs I could maybe vote hally as they seem to have been perpetuating the random pokemon discussion and just seem different than the town game I saw before. Now that I read cayvie I feel her thought about hyena and hally may have been genuine but then she disappeared after Wednesday. I think tony is his usual town self. I could see maybe a vote for mist I don't feel like they're towny though I guess others do. I think MP seems like her town game before. I'm just not sure.

For now I will [VOTE: hally] aubergine I'm sure I'll get grilled about that but that's what I feel right now. In the other town game Hally was so unsure and thought everyone was town and didn't want to vote people and this game seems different to me.
Bolded and underlined the key phrase. This, as I understand it, is the exact reason that MP7 and Mist gave for why they townread Cayvie. So, posting that specific stance + not voting cayvie is why I currently have you lumped in that group. You may not have said "I townread Cayvie" but if you prefer we can adjust the language to "people who believed cayvie's thoughts were genuine and did not vote her." Does that make sense?
Yes and the rest of the sentence was but she hasn't posted since Wednesday which is my own weird way of being like hmmm what's up with that? I had been reconsidering and I was changing my mind. I can re explain that I (I guess wrongly) after that thought people were reconsidering cayvie and I let it influence my opinion when maybe I shouldn't have. I was going to change to cayvie then I think maybe it was MP said oh cayvie is probably just town and then the conversation started moving away from it. There was no poll and I didn't even realize people were still voting there. I just tried to have further discussion about it and I was asking if people had any familiarity with her or her playstyle or whatever. If that was responded to then I missed it and I'm sorry.
I did not defend cayvie I just wanted to generate discussion and look at other options.

I do realize I word things weirdly and people always misunderstand me. I also realize the remaining mafia has to build a world where someone else is and I am an easy target because no one here gets me. I guess I can't blame them for that since they also want to win this game.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 1]

Post by sabie12 »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:43 pm

hi sabie, i’ve been feeling pretty unsure this game so i don’t get what you’re saying re: me. what game are you talking about? and i just wanted to talk about pokemon. why is that scummy? :p

re: mp, do you remember what her scum game is like at all?
I'm sorry yes I should have specified. I was referring to the jack attack game. I felt you were more hesitant to vote in that game than here. just trying to work out my thoughts.

I see the thread is now leaning towards cayvie. I'm wondering does cayvie up and disappear as scum being accused or as town unsure of what to do? I've only played one game with cayvie and that was Upick. I'm not opposed to a cayvie vote I thought maybe her theory on hally and hyena was a genuine thought but then she hasn't come back and further discussed so ehhhh.
If you're going to quote my thoughts on cayvie at least include my follow up thought where I was reconsidering. The ehhhhh was me being like huh maybe cayvie is bad. I realize now maybe not everyone understands that's what I meant by that. This was me asking for opinions if anyone is familiar. I'm pretty sure in upick she up and disappeared for awhile as well and ended up being town so I was just wondering if that was just her norm or if this her being sketchy.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:36 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:20 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 pm
Spoiler: show
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:43 pm

hi sabie, i’ve been feeling pretty unsure this game so i don’t get what you’re saying re: me. what game are you talking about? and i just wanted to talk about pokemon. why is that scummy? :p

re: mp, do you remember what her scum game is like at all?
I'm sorry yes I should have specified. I was referring to the jack attack game. I felt you were more hesitant to vote in that game than here. just trying to work out my thoughts.

I see the thread is now leaning towards cayvie. I'm wondering does cayvie up and disappear as scum being accused or as town unsure of what to do? I've only played one game with cayvie and that was Upick. I'm not opposed to a cayvie vote I thought maybe her theory on hally and hyena was a genuine thought but then she hasn't come back and further discussed so ehhhh.
Why did you think that?

How would you summarize your experience with cayvie there?
I don't know I just thought maybe it was a genuine thought she had rather than a fake one but then she hasn't been back to discuss anything further since so now I'm not so sure.

I think cayvie was kinda in and out in that game as well if I remember correctly but that was also the game with 50 players.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:20 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:11 pm I guess the only issue with voting cayvie is it's real easy to just go after the person who stopped participating and isn't around to defend or discuss anything else.
Do you feel like that's what is happening?
I was just throwing that out there as I've seen that happen before to people who ended up being town. I guess I was also asking if anyone is more familiar with her and if that is her usual or out of character for her. As I said I only played the one game with her.
MP was giving me a hard time about trying to diaxuaa cayvie and then in the middle says I looked through cayvies ISO and she's probably just town.
~Darren Shan~
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Ok, thanks.

So to answer MP7 now: my take on Sabie's defensiveness is that it is a good look. Her statements re: her stance on cayvie are true and consistent with frustration at being lumped in as "defending cayvie," which from her perspective is an inaccurate characterization that she is fighting back at being pinned with. I was aware of this at the time I initially put forth that characterization, as a hypothesis test to see how Sabie would respond to it.

I think she responded in a consistent and towny fashion. Currently I believe Sabie the most out of the three non-cayvie-voters, making her the one that I do NOT wish to yeet. There is some chance that she is playing this off to deflect and hedge, but it is exactly what I would expect from town in her spot.

(Additionally I do not buy the argument brought against Sabie by Mist yesterday, regarding confusion over IC claims being "the most suspicious thing in the thread." I find that also believable for town and not very scummy if at all. That argument being weak is another part of why my current suspicious lie on Mist and MP7.)

So there's a hot take for y'all. Bedtime for me now.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

A very high quality, critically acclaimed and complete (finished run) webcomic about gay roboticists, transhumanism, consciousness, personhood, missed time and romance. Excellent and highly recommended reading. A few pages NSFW, overall rated 16+ for mature themes.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Ranmilia wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:12 am Ok, thanks.

So to answer MP7 now: my take on Sabie's defensiveness is that it is a good look. Her statements re: her stance on cayvie are true and consistent with frustration at being lumped in as "defending cayvie," which from her perspective is an inaccurate characterization that she is fighting back at being pinned with. I was aware of this at the time I initially put forth that characterization, as a hypothesis test to see how Sabie would respond to it.

I think she responded in a consistent and towny fashion. Currently I believe Sabie the most out of the three non-cayvie-voters, making her the one that I do NOT wish to yeet. There is some chance that she is playing this off to deflect and hedge, but it is exactly what I would expect from town in her spot.

(Additionally I do not buy the argument brought against Sabie by Mist yesterday, regarding confusion over IC claims being "the most suspicious thing in the thread." I find that also believable for town and not very scummy if at all. That argument being weak is another part of why my current suspicious lie on Mist and MP7.)

So there's a hot take for y'all. Bedtime for me now.
The thing about mist is they came in said I was weird for not understanding the IC thing and then drive by voted me and left. Mists post after cayvie was yeeted was "weh". ...? Is that like sadface? After catching a mafia? So mist and cayvie have that interaction regarding the vengeful thing and then cayvie disappeared and mist was left alone and had to randomly try to come up with some other idea of where to vote and just picked me. Could be that I mean it seems like the most obvious answer but we do have time discuss further if that's not what happened.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Night 1]

Post by sabie12 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:58 pm Ran’s the one I’d consider most likely to be doing power wolfy stuff
I do wish tony had delved further into what he meant by this though.
~Darren Shan~
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Post by Mistyx »

morning

i'm tired and spiraling out of this game and don't really know what to do with it?

i guess i should probably just read over cayvie with flip in mind, and maybe try to see why hyena got shot
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

Hyena wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:26 pm I don't think I want to yeet Mist. After Mist, I'd probably pick Cayvie to be safe.

Ugh, I'm scared that there's at least one mafia between MP, Ran, and Hally.

Sabie just seems really confused to me, and while I'm hesitant to call it towny, I feel it in my gut that it is.

Tony, where are you?
Hyena wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:27 pm So, here's a game. Pick three people that you think will contain at least one mafia. Mine is probably MP, Ran, and Hally.
ok like

this is really interesting to me

because i feel like this could almost clear sabie? not clear but i think it's a good look at least
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

maybe it's hally lol idk
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I actually think it's Hally.

[VOTE: Hally] aubergine

I'll talk more later, can't much right now. Just had gamestate thoughts percolating in the back of my mind this whole time. Hally's actions seem agenda-compatible to me at this moment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Done working, and... I expected more than that.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Same. I'm trying not to spam too much and say the same things over and over again but uh. People busy today, huh.

MP7, tell me about this Hally stuff. In excruciating detail. Throw it out there.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

And other things. Anything. Talk to me, MP7. Talk to me. Words.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 415
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

hi sorry ill try to give this game more of my attention tomorrow night and wednesday
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Some Hally thoughts:

- I sort of feel like Hally's hunting this game is more like shading. Especially their thoughts on sabie during Night 1 seem sort of designed to make sabie look suspicious more than actually get at sabie's alignment. And Hally's asked some questions to me too and I felt like they never really were trying to assess my role card.
- Hally and cayvie interacted a ton, and some of the banter is... weird?
- Hally had cayvie and Hyena at the bottom in their D1 reads list after voting cayvie earlier for their thought not being a real thought... which is sort of strange how Hally sort of drops? it almost reads like a forced suspicion too in retrospect, switches their vote to Hyena (which cayvie was also pushing), then switches back to cayvie, and like... I don't feel like the reads organically develop over the course of the rest of D1? They just sort of park on cayvie and makes it seem like they're considering other things but I don't sense much in terms of gears-turning so to speak.

If I were cayvie's teammate and she threw out that theory early on D1 and then vanished, I actually think some distancing like Hally did and then subsequent exploring of options and then parking on teammate while keeping options open would be the easiest way to ensure a win. It gives her the option to coast until endgame and/or switch off of cayvie onto someone like Hyena if Hyena hadn't suddenly become townread by enough of the thread for that to go away.

Every other player... sabie, Mist, Ran are all evidently trying to at least figure the game out? Or at least seem turbulent and lost? Hally has tried to make it seem like that but... I feel like their posting during Night 1 was lacking any sort of town spark like that.

Hally is the player most set up to win if they're scum out of any of us, and I think that's by design.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:17 am Same. I'm trying not to spam too much and say the same things over and over again but uh. People busy today, huh.

MP7, tell me about this Hally stuff. In excruciating detail. Throw it out there.
Yeah, I teach Mondays through Wednesdays, and my life has ten million things going on right now, but I'll hop on when I can.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll more thoroughly explore the other three worlds tomorrow when I can, I'm exhausted now.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:23 am
Hally is the player most set up to win if they're scum out of any of us, and I think that's by design.
Interesting.
- If we're wrong today, you don't think Hally dies tonight?
- Is a Cayvie/Hally team set up better or worse than if Hally had parked elsewhere? Do you believe Cayvie was saveable at eod?
- Why do you find these issues more mafia indicative than Mist's shading of Sabie and townread of Cayvie?
- What do you make of this post?
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:04 pm i don’t feel great about cayvie flipping scum with four votes in an eight player game :/
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Bored. Reread Hyena's ISO. Dang. Hyena was a real one. I got thoughts, but not a lot I think would be productive or am comfortable saying until I hear a lot more from Mist, MP7, Hally... and also Sabie.

I guess I can say I'm pretty sure Hyena was the IC and TSP was the vig, not the other way around. Hyena showed no fear at any point whatsoever, and almost no self defense despite taking what I perceive to have been a fair amount of heat. They knew they were unyeetable. (Cayvie agreed.) TSP's night posts are all but yelling outright "I am the vig and I am not going to shoot tonight because if I miss and am killed it's MYLO and scum could win by claiming my shot."

I'm... not sure this changes much for anyone going forward. Maybe lessens Hyena read influence a little, but not much.

I'd hoped to get a lot more done yesterday and today tbh. Spelunky 2 will be out by the time I'm up again and I am absolutely going to disappear into it. (relatively speaking. I'll be around.) No knock on anyone. Just unfortunate.

Why does it keep giving me "the submitted form was invalid, try submitting again" on quick reply. Every single time.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

A game about technology,
magic and becoming a person.

Available on Steam, Android, IOS and a (less featured) free Twine version.

Technology. Magic. Puns.

Open Sorcery follows the development of an Elemental Firewall: a fire elemental bound with C++ code to protect a network of people and places.

You guide her as she makes decisions and grows. She can learn things, develop relationships, and even gain sapience.

Or she can burn everything with fire.

Up to you.

----

There are 55,000 words of text, five animated sequences, countless achievements to pursue, and over ten possible endings.

In this game you can:

- Search for malicious spirits
- Protect your network
- Make friends
- Learn
- Dream
- Burn everything
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Ranmilia wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:20 am Bored. Reread Hyena's ISO. Dang. Hyena was a real one. I got thoughts, but not a lot I think would be productive or am comfortable saying until I hear a lot more from Mist, MP7, Hally... and also Sabie.

I guess I can say I'm pretty sure Hyena was the IC and TSP was the vig, not the other way around. Hyena showed no fear at any point whatsoever, and almost no self defense despite taking what I perceive to have been a fair amount of heat. They knew they were unyeetable. (Cayvie agreed.) TSP's night posts are all but yelling outright "I am the vig and I am not going to shoot tonight because if I miss and am killed it's MYLO and scum could win by claiming my shot."

I'm... not sure this changes much for anyone going forward. Maybe lessens Hyena read influence a little, but not much.

I'd hoped to get a lot more done yesterday and today tbh. Spelunky 2 will be out by the time I'm up again and I am absolutely going to disappear into it. (relatively speaking. I'll be around.) No knock on anyone. Just unfortunate.

Why does it keep giving me "the submitted form was invalid, try submitting again" on quick reply. Every single time.
Why am I ...and sabie?
I had some similar thoughts regarding hally as MP. I thought it was possible they may have planned to bus in order to get the vengeful kill.
Mist though even admitted to being somewhat disconnected to the game and after awhile (cayvie disappeared) started fizzling out of being involved.

Didn't think of the roles being reversed between tony and hyena I guess that's possible but like you said I don't know if that changes anything.
~Darren Shan~
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

You are "...and sabie" because I concluded that you are likely town and so I am not waiting on more content from you to make a decision on your alignment. :)
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

[VOTE: MP7] aubergine

[mention]Mistyx[/mention] [mention]sabie12[/mention] [mention]Hally[/mention]

Think this may be the correct vote.
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

why MP7?

and why'd you switch your read on me?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Why not?
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

ok i don't have an answer to that but that's still a deflection
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

I mean, obviously I have reasons. But I don't want to tell them to you, specifically, Mist, because you're still a primary suspect and have barely posted despite being asked to. I'm not just going to give you my case on the other top suspect that you can repeat back and agree with. *You* give *me* *your* case on who you think is mafia. Give me your full thoughts and overview of the game so that I can evaluate you, please.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Was that too snippy? I may be being too snippy. I apologize. We're three days overdue for groceries and I've had no food for about 30 hours and still won't for another hour. You're all wonderful. Please post though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry everyone! I'm really swamped, I'll do things when I can. This phase is pretty much the worst three-day timing for me.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Mmmmrf.

Ok fine sure here's why why why.

MP7 claims her process is always finding town, yet hits us here with a scumcase. It is based on Hally being the wolf poised to win - an analysis I'm familiar with and make myself most of the time - but conveniently, if we accept this, it makes MP7 the wolf poised to win.

She also brings this up and votes it here on 5 players remaining. From MP7's perspective, I don't think it can possibly be correct to vote this on 5 as opposed to waiting for final 3, because it's very likely that either Ran or Hally will die tonight, the two of us being relatively active posters who did vote against Cayvie. She's still said nothing about Mist other than "meh, too easy." But she also hasn't said anything much about me. Hyena and Tony both died expressing "Ran powerwolfing?" concerns that I expected to be fighting here, but no one is engaging on anything. This makes me assume that people are freerolling Ran+Hally to see which of us dies tonight.

So why does MP7 want to vote Hally today? Smells like TMI that Mist is in fact too easy and that she's planning to kill me and sow discord between Sabie/Hally in final 3.

IS Mist too easy? I don't know, it's hard to say because Mist isn't posting much today.

Is MP7 independently scummy? Also a hard time telling because she isn't posting much. Had my doubts from yesterday though and this case does not make a ton of sense to be coming from her here, to me.

Is there possibly merit to this case and Hally isn't all that towny? I don't know, where's Hally at today?

Is this a lock case? Heck no. Discuss it.

It's a little frustrating feeling alone and then just getting why why why'd on things I post. Sorry about that.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Like where does MP7 arrive at a townread on Mist and not a townread on Hally, to this extent, where is that from? That is a big question I have here.
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

for what it's worth and i'm only posting this because y'all deserve an explanation, not because it'll make me feel better at all

i'm not posting much today because i'm overcommitted again and thinking about how little i'm doing is making me spiral more instead of motivating me, because my brain hates me or something like that

...interestingly enough, that's way more common in my wolf games, but i guess this is an exception to the rule
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

<3 <3 <3
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

hey ran are you still around, and have you eaten
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Yes and yes
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

ok good taking care of yourself is essential

...i say, having gotten 6 hours of sleep at most last night

uh

i'm gonna try to fool my brain into wanting to play this game by talking about non-mafia stuff to make it something positive and then it'll make it easier to think about the mafia stuff

that's definitely how it's going to work i think

so uh

ran, where'd you see those games that you recommended earlier? and were the summaries written by yourself or taken from somewhere?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

First couple were written by me, the Open Sorcery one I just got lazy and pasted from the website. Where'd I come across them... I couldn't even tell you, recommended by friends, seeing them around? I work (occasionally) in the indie game sphere, especially around LGBT+ content and creators, so... a lot of this stuff crosses my path. Was limiting myself to posting 1/day and trying to stick to the best of the best, but there's plenty of wonderful things out there!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

hi im finally here. catching up now!
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

This, for instance. I was saving this one for an appropriate moment. This seems like one. Go to religious summer camp. Follow three teens. One of them is, or was, or will be the Devil.

This is a very personal game to me that I could write thousands of words about, but I should just get the post out. Open offer to buy it for anyone in this thread if that's a barrier. Think a couple of y'all know it already.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:31 pm i assume tony was just ic then

mp being vig would be great. it also kinda explains why she’s felt a bit off to me. being pr can make ppl act differently
What do you mean by me being off?
idk, it just seems like you’ve struggled to integrate yourself fully into the game. and one of the reasons for that could have been that you were stressed about having a pr or were playing differently because of that. but obviously not
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mistyx »

ok that's a cool job im jealous

tbh i can't really think of any games i'm a fan of that explicitly discuss lgbt+ content because my sort of interests tend to be more fantastical than anything and while there are lgbt+ characters in some of them (actually im gonna mention pokemon reborn here, it's a pokemon fangame which i've been playing and super enjoying and it's got some cool stuff - your character model can be decided separately from your gender, which includes an nb option, plus there are canonically lgbt+ characters in the story) they aren't central to the themes of the game or sometimes even the character arcs

also hi hally
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:38 pm I guess my instinct still says it's either Mist or sabie, but like... sabie has had moments where imo it seemed like she was the last one but she also has had posts where I feel like they were really genuine, so I'm torn, and then Mist feels too easy somehow?
what do you mean, mist feels too easy? or like, what does that have to do with her alignment?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

More for Mist
I make it sound way cooler than it is because I learned early on that reputation and self aggrandizement was all I'd have going for me, the work is sporadic, the pay is basically nonexistant, I'm a starving artist-level nerdy recluse, such is life in 2020. We can be trash humans together. :hug:

Do you like... Pokemon fanfiction...?!?!?
https://archiveofourown.org/works/87915 ... s/20154553

Return to “Previous Jobs”