[Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

AllAlongTheBoardwalk
Posts in topic: 33

Re: [Prologue] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by AllAlongTheBoardwalk »

Well, numbers never lie...and if the "special information" comes with every stridor Im not sure how special it will actually be. Wind Raider here I come!
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wind Raider for me.

Getting to the village first strikes me as kind of a constant-sum game; that is, the more people who try to do it, (by picking Attak Trak or Wind Raider), the less chance of getting the magical item, which decreases the expected value per player for that strategy. The information the Strider gives should also decrease in value somewhat for every additional person who chooses it because it becomes less exclusive. So everyone should be trying to pick the less popular option, I think.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Zany Dex »

I dont care it takes me I want to arrive in style so I choose the vehicle that sounds the funnest to travel in.. Plus no one is messing with a battleram. Votes

Gotta say I can't wait to get stuck into this game love it

Also epig great opening post and love love love the art that goes with it. Top quality :>)
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I agree with He-Man completely, the setup and prologue for this game have been excellent.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Hi all. Sorry I'm slow to start. Ill be back to normal tomorrow!

Votes stridor
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Yay for a game! I am so excited to play a MOTU game! I just have enough time to check in quickly and will read about the poll at my lunch break. I did notice there is no end time so yah I need to read lol
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Post by Epignosis »

Other than the sign up, I had never created a poll before, so I didn't think to set a hard deadline in the poll. But the poll will end at approximately 3:30pm EST and we will move on.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

Yay for moving on! Do the people who fail to vote in time have to walk? It could be a long wait for them to reach the village.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Non-voters shall be tethered to the underside of Dragon Walker.

Quite a cool toy back in the day though.

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Flyin' High »

I did some practice rolls and the wind raider got me the best results. Granted, this could all come down to luck and if my luck is bad then this won't matter. But finger crossed! XD
ImageImage

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by timmer »

We actually have a He-Man playing this game? That's cool!
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:We actually have a He-Man playing this game? That's cool!
Do you think his role is He-Man as well? That would be convenient for him.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I have the powaaaaaaah!!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:Fantastic first post Rob! And good work with the math, guys. I think I'm going to go with the Attak Trak, it seems like it would move the most without having 0 as an option. Attak Trak it is!

Also, for those of you who i've played mafia with: Would you like me to do drawings of the host posts for this game?
Definitely! I've missed those ever since the last game you played... which I think was Electronic?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
It's a general rule for hosts to randomize the roles, so I'd figure anyone has an equal chance of being He-Man.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
It's a general rule for hosts to randomize the roles, so I'd figure anyone has an equal chance of being He-Man.
Oh, I know. I was just saying it would be lucky for him if he randomly got it.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Oh, okay, I wasn't sure since I knew this was your first mafia game over here. It would be, lol.

And having caught up on the recent discussion, I am wondering if I should have picked the Wind Raider or Attak Track instead, but oh well. Go Stridor go!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Oh, okay, I wasn't sure since I knew this was your first mafia game over here. It would be, lol.

And having caught up on the recent discussion, I am wondering if I should have picked the Wind Raider or Attak Track instead, but oh well. Go Stridor go!
After conducting a few test rolls, I am significantly worried that I made the wrong choice and should have taken the Wind Raider. I was worried the zeroes would cancel out the higher average, but all the rolls I've done indicate that the Wind Raider will win easily.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

After conducting a few test rolls, I am significantly worried that I made the wrong choice and should have taken the Wind Raider. I was worried the zeroes would cancel out the higher average, but all the rolls I've done indicate that the Wind Raider will win easily.
Good old math, the law of averages doesn't lie I suppose!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If you have not selected a vehicle, you only have an hour to do so.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Kk I have properly caught up and read everything.
If I go with my first gut instinct it would be for Stridor only b/c of the info. If I go with the maths it would be Wind Raider or Attak Trak. Deffo would not vote for Battle Ram or Dragon Walker. I see Battle Ram has 2 votes and DFaraday was so far the lone voter for Dragon Walker.
With all this said I am going with my original nose twitch for *Stridor*.

Linky kkthksboss
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Village of Veridas

Wind Raiders soared high above the plains, over busy Attak Traks and Battle Rams. The sole Dragon Walker lumbered it’s way forward. Over the din of the motley convoy, the party could not hear what the Stridors were saying to their riders.

Flyin’ High, riding one of the Wind Raiders, was the first reach the Village of Veridas. A young woman met her at the village’s edge.

“Thank you for your swiftness in coming,” the woman said. “I am bidden to give this Amulet of Charisma to you. It’s said that its wearer’s confidence and appeal will heighten.” Flyin’ High accepted the amulet and placed it around her neck. “Let us wait for the others before I take you to my father.” It was an agonizing wait, as seven of their party had inexplicably decided to make the journey on foot.

Eventually the others arrived. The woman introduced herself to the group. “I am Ladeena, the only child of the village’s chief. I will take you to him straightaway, and he will instruct on what to do. Thank you for coming.”

The home of the village chief was hot and unventilated. The warm stale air reeked with age and sickness.

The village chief, a waning old man with a heavy gray beard, spoke through his illness as though through hypnosis. “Judgment is upon us. They have come to make us pay for our evil ways. Disaster is upon us.”

“Forgive him,” Ladeena apologized. “My father’s mind, which was once the keenest in the land, is starting to turn with age and illness. The raiders who are troubling the village have a camp just south of here. If you can overcome them, the village will be in your debt.”

“Woeful tidings!” the chief cried out to the stale air.

“Please help us,” Ladeena said. “There are spears aplenty in the basement.”

The raiders’ camp was exactly where Ladeena had said. Smoke billowed skyward from one of the fires, over which some unrecognizable animal roasted on a spit.

When the marauders, grizzled and unwashed, saw the throng coming their way from the village, they readied themselves with clubs and daggers.

The fight ended as quickly as it had started. The raiders, accustomed only to bullying the weak, lacked the martial training to engage in melee with Eternia’s finest warriors. They marveled that such a plain and unassuming people could be so skilled. Leaving their dead behind, the remaining plunderers abandoned camp and hurried southward.

The party, only minimally scathed, returned to the home of the village chief. Ladeena was overjoyed, particularly since no one was seriously hurt in the assault.

Then the thirty spoke to the village chief about their plight, hoping he could help them.

The chief’s voice gained a sudden clarity.

“You are not as you seem,” he said. “What treacherous trickery! I would direct you to our temple, but the power I sense emanating from you is beyond mundane magic; it vibrates with a cosmic fervor. We would be unable to see through so powerful a spell.”

Then his voice grew grim; the collection of phlegm in his throat made it both raspy and oily sounding. Something flickered in the old man’s eyes.

“However, there are no pretenses in death; death and truth are friends. Upon death, truth is revealed. Demonstrate your devotion to truth by raising a welcoming hand to death: Each day you will choose the one among you who shall feel the sting of death in order to taste the balm of truth.”

The air in the room stirred.

The village chief began to laugh. His daughter realized what he had done. “Father!” she cried, and at once she struck the old man’s face and pounded his withering chest. “You have repaid these people evil for good!”

But the old man returned to his mental oblivion, howling with laughter.

Outside, the thirty felt a powerful urge that one among their number must die.

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
thellama73
Supatown

Re: [Day 1] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

How exciting! A victory for math, with the Wind Raider coming in first. Congratulations to Flyin' High for his victory. Now the question becomes, who to lynch? I don't really know most of you, so it's a shame to have to kill anyone, but I'm inclined to punish the ones who didn't vote on the grounds that they are being no fun. Thoughts?

Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Wow! Epically written I was on the edge of my seat! Lucky FH
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

thellama73 wrote:How exciting! A victory for math, with the Wind Raider coming in first. Congratulations to Flyin' High for his victory. Now the question becomes, who to lynch? I don't really know most of you, so it's a shame to have to kill anyone, but I'm inclined to punish the ones who didn't vote on the grounds that they are being no fun. Thoughts?
I like your keeness I hope you saying that rustles some featherz to get the party started XD
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

He-Man wrote:
thellama73 wrote:How exciting! A victory for math, with the Wind Raider coming in first. Congratulations to Flyin' High for his victory. Now the question becomes, who to lynch? I don't really know most of you, so it's a shame to have to kill anyone, but I'm inclined to punish the ones who didn't vote on the grounds that they are being no fun. Thoughts?
I like your keeness I hope you saying that rustles some featherz to get the party started XD
Thank you. In the past, my eagerness has made me a target and gotten me killed early, but what fun is it to sit on the sidelines and watch? I'd rather lose a fun game than win a boring one.

Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

thellama73 wrote:
He-Man wrote:
Thank you. In the past, my eagerness has made me a target and gotten me killed early, but what fun is it to sit on the sidelines and watch? I'd rather lose a fun game than win a boring one.
I feel the same way and have to been lynched early because of me being eager to get started :eek: so who never voted?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

He-Man wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
He-Man wrote:
I feel the same way and have to been lynched early because of me being eager to get started :eek: so who never voted?
I'm glad to say I had the foresight to keep a spreadsheet!
We had no vote from:
Dharmahelper
Disgruntledporcupine
Ishar Morrad Chuain
jjlehto
Keapon Laffin05
Orson Kidd
and
repatronice

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DharmaHelper »

GRR I MISSED THE COOL PROLOGUE THING!

Gimme a minute to catch up.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Sweet! And thanks for keeping a spreadsheet! I know 3 people of your list DH DP and orson from my last game. Are the others new to the game as that might explain their missed vote.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Awesome post once again, Robert! Lucky, nice going, FH!

Looking at the ones who didn't vote... Ishar, Keapon Laffin, and reptar have never played the online mafia before. JJLehto has twice, I believe, but it's been a long time for him. DH, DP, and Orsonkidd are regulars.

However, considering the prologue was 24 hours, it's very possible these people may not even know the game has started. I don't think any of them have even checked into the thread, have they? I don't recall any.

I find it weird that it would be suggested to lynch one of them at the very start of the day.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP: Nevermind, DH just recently posted, so he's here now.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JJLehto has checked in. Claimed he would vote later, but never did. An obvious liar!

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:
He-Man wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
He-Man wrote:
I'm glad to say I had the foresight to keep a spreadsheet!
We had no vote from:
Dharmahelper
Disgruntledporcupine
Ishar Morrad Chuain
jjlehto
Keapon Laffin05
Orson Kidd
and
repatronice
I am appreciative of the fact you keep a SS. Did you happen to note which from this group has also not posted?
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry for the triple post. I have to go to night class now, so I'll be around later perhaps, though I'll be spending time with Spacedaisy.

llama, I have been keeping a spreadsheet as well but missed the last round of votes. Would you be able to post them? I haven't kept a spreadsheet in a mafia game for a while, and found it might be wise to try it again.

Linkitis with llama: Oh, you're right! I do remember him posting now that you mention it. So we're missing 5 so far then?
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I find it weird that it would be suggested to lynch one of them at the very start of the day.
I dont find it weird. I think the sooner we get talking and nit picking the sooner we get closer to lynching baddies. I find it weird your against it tbb.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

^This I quite agree with He-man
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry for the triple post. I have to go to night class now, so I'll be around later perhaps, though I'll be spending time with Spacedaisy.

llama, I have been keeping a spreadsheet as well but missed the last round of votes. Would you be able to post them? I haven't kept a spreadsheet in a mafia game for a while, and found it might be wise to try it again.

Linkitis with llama: Oh, you're right! I do remember him posting now that you mention it. So we're missing 5 so far then?
Sure!

AceOfSpaces: Stridor
AllAlongTheBoardwalk: Wind Raider
AnnaDanielle: Battle Ram
birdwithteeth11: Stridor
blindfaeth: Stridor
BoomSlang: Wind Raider
Dfaraday: Dragon Walker
DharmaHelper: No vote
DisgruntledPorcupine: No vote
Dom: Stridor
Elohcin: Attak Trak
Flyin' High: Wind Raider
He-Man: Battle Ram
Ishar Morrad Chuain: No vote
JJLehto: No vote
Kate: Stridor
KeaponLaffin05: No vote
LittleTiger: Stridor
MovingPictures07: Stridor
orsonkidd: No vote
reptaronice: No vote
reywa5: Stridor
Roxy: Stridor
Russtifinko: Wind Raider
Snow Dog: Attak Trak
Spacedaisy: Attak Trak
>SpaghettiEverywhere: Attak Trak
thellama73: Attak Trak
timmer: Wind Raider
Vompatti: Attak Trak

I didn't keep track of who posted, but I remembered about JJ because I know him from another forum.

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry for the triple post. I have to go to night class now, so I'll be around later perhaps, though I'll be spending time with Spacedaisy.

Sure!

AceOfSpaces: Stridor
AllAlongTheBoardwalk: Wind Raider
AnnaDanielle: Battle Ram
birdwithteeth11: Stridor
blindfaeth: Stridor
BoomSlang: Wind Raider
Dfaraday: Dragon Walker
DharmaHelper: No vote
DisgruntledPorcupine: No vote
Dom: Stridor
Elohcin: Attak Trak
Flyin' High: Wind Raider
He-Man: Battle Ram
Ishar Morrad Chuain: No vote
JJLehto: No vote
Kate: Stridor
KeaponLaffin05: No vote
LittleTiger: Stridor
MovingPictures07: Stridor
orsonkidd: No vote
reptaronice: No vote
reywa5: Stridor
Roxy: Stridor
Russtifinko: Wind Raider
Snow Dog: Attak Trak
Spacedaisy: Attak Trak
>SpaghettiEverywhere: Attak Trak
thellama73: Attak Trak
timmer: Wind Raider
Vompatti: Attak Trak

I didn't keep track of who posted, but I remembered about JJ because I know him from another forum.
Another awesome post, Epignosis :) I really feel like there is a story behind what we're doing. Really enjoying this one.

Thanks for posting this llama! So, I didn't want to say anything during the time the poll was up, but now I can speak my mind. I really think a good bit of the baddies will be among the non-stridor votes, and here's why.

Under the assumption that you are going to get the same info for picking Stridor as anyone else who picked it, I think a baddie team with BTSC would have one person pick Stridor to have an opportunity to get the info. Since they only need to get the info once in theory, the others would probably try to pick something that would win the race and get there first. So that is my thought process. What do others think? Obviously, the same applies to civvies, and there are several civvie BTSC teams. But I am definitely keeping this list handy, because I think a lot of the baddies will be among the non-stridor votes.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I think seeing players take Day 1 by the horns and get things rolling is refreshing, actually. Usually we're all "derp-a-derp" until we all panic and randomize.

That said, the simple act of not voting is a weird thing to base suspicion on, unless people are thinking a baddie team may have thought there was something bad waiting for the winner?

I'm more inclined to think that, for starters, each baddie team likely had exactly one player on the Stridor team, to collect the special info for his or her team. No baddie team would pass that up, imo.

@BF, great minds think alike!
My siggie.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149

Post by Elohcin »

I am thinking that lynching someone who "walked" is best, but let's give them a chance to explain why they didn't vote first.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote: That said, the simple act of not voting is a weird thing to base suspicion on, unless people are thinking a baddie team may have thought there was something bad waiting for the winner?
To clarify, I wasn't saying that the non-voters are necessarily likely to be baddies. I just think they should be punished for not participating. If we vote off everyone but the non-voters, the game would grind to a standstill!

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

In strict math terms, if I assume 1 member of each baddie team is in the Stridor group, that's probably 2 baddies out of 9 Stridor voters.

in the game as a whole there are 12 baddies out of 30 players. Thus, trying to find a baddie among the Stridor voters is actually less likely to yield a baddie than looking amongst the non-Stridor players.
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:I think seeing players take Day 1 by the horns and get things rolling is refreshing, actually. Usually we're all "derp-a-derp" until we all panic and randomize.

That said, the simple act of not voting is a weird thing to base suspicion on, unless people are thinking a baddie team may have thought there was something bad waiting for the winner?

I'm more inclined to think that, for starters, each baddie team likely had exactly one player on the Stridor team, to collect the special info for his or her team. No baddie team would pass that up, imo.

@BF, great minds think alike!
Very cleverly reasoned. I tend to agree.

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:
To clarify, I wasn't saying that the non-voters are necessarily likely to be baddies. I just think they should be punished for not participating. If we vote off everyone but the non-voters, the game would grind to a standstill!
Very true.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Flyin' High »

Coolio on getting their first! Beats winning the bike in GTA mafia but getting to the destination slower than all the walkers. XD (Those who played GTA will know what I'm talking about).

Thanks for posting the voting info! That will be most helpful when I create my spreadsheet! :)
ImageImage

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Nice post! I'm glad to see the game has started off as interesting as it did.

Not sure how I feel about non-posters/non-voters at this point. I tend to prefer giving people a little bit of time to know the game has started and catch up. And really, the only time I find it odd is if someone says they are going to post/vote later and don't with no explanation. Plus non-voters and non-posters early on tend to be civvies mostly, since the baddies will do more to alert their teammates that the game has started and get them to participate.

Yeah, I'm thinking both baddie teams has 1 person pick the Stridor role so they could get the info. However, 2 out of 9 people are not very good odds. I say it's something we should keep in the back of our minds for now. If one of those 9 people starts behaving in a manner that we find odd, then it might be good to go back and look at that info.

Also glad to see that so many people are already leading the charge in discussing and throwing out ideas so early on Day 1! It's much more refreshing than seeing a bunch of confused people who end up randomizing at the end of it.

I should be here for most of the evening, so I will keep in touch.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 67

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Great post rob! i'm going to draw a picture of it soon :P

anyways i dont much like voting for people who didn't vote, I think quite a few of them probably didnt know the game started (such as my friend reptaronice, I had to inform him that the game had started today at school and that was already past the vote time)

as for the thoughts on people who voted for stridor, I think theres a reasonable chance that each baddie team would have put one player on a stridor, but theres also two independent people, right? possibilities of them wanting to get some extra info for themselves seems pretty good too
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:Great post rob! i'm going to draw a picture of it soon :P

anyways i dont much like voting for people who didn't vote, I think quite a few of them probably didnt know the game started (such as my friend reptaronice, I had to inform him that the game had started today at school and that was already past the vote time)

as for the thoughts on people who voted for stridor, I think theres a reasonable chance that each baddie team would have put one player on a stridor, but theres also two independent people, right? possibilities of them wanting to get some extra info for themselves seems pretty good too
that's true, assume the indies went for Stridor and its 4 out of 9. Bottom line, I'm now moving on from the maths since no matter how I look at the best odds are still less than 50%.

I will vote for who is suspicious, lol.
My siggie.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

I was actually inferring the opposite BWT, to look in the non-stridor voters, but OK :eye:

Return to “Previous Jobs”