Total votes: 13
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: The Simpsons Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Boringboi666 »

Hello everyone.

Like the saxophone child, Allison, I also made note that Bart Simpson came in, complained about lack of action, and then didn't contribute to increasing the action. Gives off a vibe of liking Christmas without ever buying presents.

"Yellow is sus." Is a meme reference to "Among us" which is a hidden role video game similar to mafia. The characters in the game are defined by the color of suit they wear, so people say "brown is sus". It is also a reference to the fact that everyone else in this game chose to play as golden hued main characters, I expected more deep dives.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

Alisson Taylor and Otto Mann are taking this game very seriously very early...I can't decide whether to sheep them or suss them.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Re: The Simpsons Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Boringboi666 »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:37 am
Ned Flanders wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:29 am Grandpa and Grumple can both get it
get it like "killed" get it or get it like "they're kinda sexy" get it?

personally prefer the latter
I second this
I am also down to clown.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

it's been a while for me. is "player salad" still commonly known meta or has that been largely debunked.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:04 pm it's been a while for me. is "player salad" still commonly known meta or has that been largely debunked.
what is player salad
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 pm
The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:04 pm it's been a while for me. is "player salad" still commonly known meta or has that been largely debunked.
what is player salad
thank you
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

what is player salad
It's where you list most if not all the players in the game in a post, vaguely grouping them into categories that aren't really meaningful and with a disclaimer that names in the groups are in no particular order either, then toss with oil and vinegar and vote for whoever slips out while pretending that you justified your vote.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:15 pm
what is player salad
It's where you list most if not all the players in the game in a post, vaguely grouping them into categories that aren't really meaningful and with a disclaimer that names in the groups are in no particular order either, then toss with oil and vinegar and vote for whoever slips out while pretending that you justified your vote.
oh no I do this
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

well I don't do the last part
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Post by tessepia »

what is player salad
Depends who's playing. I know a guy who'd tell you it's like tossed salad except with text.
But he's not here
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:12 pm
Principal Skinner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:16 pm Egads I got so busy and now my roast is ruined!

Unless.....
Am I the only one reading this as a wolfy pop in?
I could pass krusty burger off as my own!
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm Alisson Taylor and Otto Mann are taking this game very seriously very early...I can't decide whether to sheep them or suss them.
This person is never town
Assault
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:16 pm
Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:48 am Let's make a contest, who posts less and meaningless wins at Eod :slick:
Did you take my saxophone again?! Ugh, I'm not going to Lisa's house any more. You better not have put gum down the bell again!

...say, wait a minute. Weren't you the one who was telling us to do stuff earlier? :evileye: What's with the sudden change in attitude?
I fell asleep, nothing changed. Proof i am a living being :beer:
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

I see a housewife and a clown are voting a reputable man such as myself. Could I have done something wrong?

No it must be them who’s wrong.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Okay I got the memes out of my system for now.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

It is highly amusing that Ned Flanders has the word “Assault” as a signature. I wanted to point that out. What a holy man indeed
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Re: The Simpsons Mafia [DAY 0]

Comic Book Guy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 am
Krusty the Clown wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 am
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 pm yellow seems a little sus
Explain how
Missing an obvious joke? That's scummy.
This guy gets it [VOTE: krusty] aubergine
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:41 pm Hello everyone.

Like the saxophone child, Allison, I also made note that Bart Simpson came in, complained about lack of action, and then didn't contribute to increasing the action. Gives off a vibe of liking Christmas without ever buying presents.

"Yellow is sus." Is a meme reference to "Among us" which is a hidden role video game similar to mafia. The characters in the game are defined by the color of suit they wear, so people say "brown is sus". It is also a reference to the fact that everyone else in this game chose to play as golden hued main characters, I expected more deep dives.
You're a man of culture, tnx for infos :clap:
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Player salad is a subconscious pitfall that mafia people who hate Christmas fall into. They list several names at once without actually listing reasons. It allows for deniability later and gives an illusion of action without actually acting. Allows people in the mafia to talk about their teammates early on without actually pushing meaningful momentum on them so later on when one of them bites the snowball they can point back and be like "aha! I knew buntain simpson was mafia, see? I even said it on day 1".

Posts that often like this:
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:17 pm Kinda getting the feeling pretty much all the posters so far are town. Maybe one or two maf between Allison, Grumple and Flanders with the bulk of the bad guys laying low hoping for town to destroy itself
Looking at Skinner, Burns, Milhouse and Hugh Jazz.
So yes, I've named half the fucking roster, need more players to post to start narrowing down from that pool.
Mr. Mann if you don't mind can you expand on what put Skinner, Burns, Milhouse, and Hugh Jazz on your radar?

Question number second: If one or two of Grumple, Allison, and Flanders are mafia, which one do you think is most likely.

Question number C: what is it about the current game state that leads you to believe that the mafia is laying low?
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Principal Skinner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:32 pm It is highly amusing that Ned Flanders has the word “Assault” as a signature. I wanted to point that out. What a holy man indeed
is there stuff in the signatures? I have signatures turned off
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:21 pm [VOTE: Bart Simpson] aubergine

For stealing my saxophone! ...And for telling us to post less after telling us to post more.
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:49 am Heyyyyy. Otto might be blotto but Krusty smells like moldy cheese and awkward entrances.
Whoaaaaa
I'm not sure about that one Otto, I think Krusty's entrance is okay, and I think OMGUS is slightly town indicative.
I am sure my intention was different than saying to post less and i wonder why are you twisting my words?
Until i fully catch up
[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:40 pm Player salad is a subconscious pitfall that mafia people who hate Christmas fall into. They list several names at once without actually listing reasons. It allows for deniability later and gives an illusion of action without actually acting. Allows people in the mafia to talk about their teammates early on without actually pushing meaningful momentum on them so later on when one of them bites the snowball they can point back and be like "aha! I knew buntain simpson was mafia, see? I even said it on day 1".

Posts that often like this:
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:17 pm Kinda getting the feeling pretty much all the posters so far are town. Maybe one or two maf between Allison, Grumple and Flanders with the bulk of the bad guys laying low hoping for town to destroy itself
Looking at Skinner, Burns, Milhouse and Hugh Jazz.
So yes, I've named half the fucking roster, need more players to post to start narrowing down from that pool.
Mr. Mann if you don't mind can you expand on what put Skinner, Burns, Milhouse, and Hugh Jazz on your radar?

Question number second: If one or two of Grumple, Allison, and Flanders are mafia, which one do you think is most likely.

Question number C: what is it about the current game state that leads you to believe that the mafia is laying low?
1- was mentioned in the post you quoted. Nothing more or less than what I said.

2- Well Allison's play since writing that post moves her into a probably town space whereas both you and flanders are sketch, with Flanders ahead by a hair because you're at least asking some questions and exploring the world a bit. Flander's hasn't done much of anything except point at Burns for a slightly cheeky post.

C- It's not so much the current gamestate, more the thinking that a lot of scum have a hard time entering the thread and subsequently end up a very low poster early game as they struggle to find an opening that feels comfortable.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm Alisson Taylor and Otto Mann are taking this game very seriously very early...I can't decide whether to sheep them or suss them.
Do you mean others didn't take it seriously? Like i was goofing around for eg? :dark:
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Principal Skinner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:31 pm I see a housewife and a clown are voting a reputable man such as myself. Could I have done something wrong?

No it must be them who’s wrong.
I don't have a vote on you. Paying superficial attention to the thread, eh? Risky play, let's see if it works out for you.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

ah i see. when you say "looking at skinner burns etc" you're not saying "i am currently investigating these four players" you're saying "these four players exemplify the thing i am talking about"
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:00 pm
Do you mean others didn't take it seriously? Like i was goofing around for eg? :dark:
Well youngster, one might expect a key figure in the running of Springfield, like myself, to be more serious. But for these two to have abandoned what we in the huge capitalist owners of nuclear power plants class like to call the "shitposting phase" so quickly speaks to an agenda. The problem is that without knowing who is behind them I can't tell if the agenda is wolfy, or if they are just serious try hards who are not flowing with the flavor.

Smithers! Get this young man a soda pop, then have the hounds chase him off the property.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

[mention]Otto Mann[/mention] final question: what made you group me, allison, and flanders together in the same line in the initial post. is there correlation there or just 3 random suspects

thank u for your time
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:03 pm ah i see. when you say "looking at skinner burns etc" you're not saying "i am currently investigating these four players" you're saying "these four players exemplify the thing i am talking about"
Not sure how I could investigate 4 players so you pretty much answered your own question.

I'm taking this post as pretty scummy due to the special hunt and what feels like attempted derp clear all at once.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:13 pm
The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:03 pm ah i see. when you say "looking at skinner burns etc" you're not saying "i am currently investigating these four players" you're saying "these four players exemplify the thing i am talking about"
Not sure how I could investigate 4 players so you pretty much answered your own question.

I'm taking this post as pretty scummy due to the special hunt and what feels like attempted derp clear all at once.
i didn't even ask a question. i was clarifying your ambiguity for you my dude.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

your ambiguity for myself*
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:08 pm
Well youngster, one might expect a key figure in the running of Springfield, like myself, to be more serious. But for these two to have abandoned what we in the huge capitalist owners of nuclear power plants class like to call the "shitposting phase" so quickly speaks to an agenda. The problem is that without knowing who is behind them I can't tell if the agenda is wolfy, or if they are just serious try hards who are not flowing with the flavor.

Smithers! Get this young man a soda pop, then have the hounds chase him off the property.
Isn't the lack of meta what made you play this game? Complaining you can't read intentions so early shows you too are starting to take the game too seriously
I still need to have more fun

Keep your soda, i can't be pocketed so easy
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Marge Simpson »

sup
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

[mention]Otto Mann[/mention] i think maybe you left but please also answer the question about the grouping, it is important, thanks.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:21 pmsup
being old, hbu
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:10 pm @Otto Mann final question: what made you group me, allison, and flanders together in the same line in the initial post. is there correlation there or just 3 random suspects

thank u for your time
Because you were the three lowest posters of the active players.

The idea is to start conversation with the actives and put a little pressure on a number of players.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple's tunneling is a good look.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:17 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Isn't the lack of meta what made you play this game? Complaining you can't read intentions so early shows you too are starting to take the game too seriously
I still need to have more fun

Keep your soda, i can't be pocketed so easy
Who said I was complaining?

<takes and drinks the soda>

Suit yourself then, cheeky little urchin.

Smithers! The hounds!
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:23 pm
Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:21 pmsup
being old, hbu
same, but not as old
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:27 pm
The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:10 pm @Otto Mann final question: what made you group me, allison, and flanders together in the same line in the initial post. is there correlation there or just 3 random suspects

thank u for your time

The idea is to start conversation with the actives and put a little pressure on a number of players.
Ned Flanders: active?
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:29 pmThe Grumple's tunneling is a good look.
:smoky:

changing your opinion suddenly irks my buttons, but you are correct that i am tunneling. i am going to turn off the lights and hide in the darkness from my migraine and come back to this with a clear mind.

again thank you for your patience during this holiday season. i appreciate your time and also i love you.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:45 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:27 pm

thank u for your time

Ned Flanders: active?
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:29 pmThe Grumple's tunneling is a good look.
:smoky:

changing your opinion suddenly irks my buttons, but you are correct that i am tunneling. i am going to turn off the lights and hide in the darkness from my migraine and come back to this with a clear mind.

again thank you for your patience during this holiday season. i appreciate your time and also i love you.
Flanders had actually posted. So yes, active.

Wasn't a hard fast change really. I was pretty clear with you about my intentions for calling out a number of players at once. Now I did say one of your posts felt scummy, but I made no mention of how that affected where you were placed in the Allison>You>Flanders world, so don't be too irked because your tunneling is a good look and definitely helped me sort you.

Hope that makes sense. Best of luck with the migraine
Broken
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Broken »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:41 pm Hello everyone.

I should've been Roy.

Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

ok gonna have some mediocre takes either now or later
Broken
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Broken »

Ned Flanders wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 pm
This person is never town
This is an incredible hot take.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:49 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:21 pm [VOTE: Bart Simpson] aubergine

For stealing my saxophone! ...And for telling us to post less after telling us to post more.
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:49 am Heyyyyy. Otto might be blotto but Krusty smells like moldy cheese and awkward entrances.
Whoaaaaa
I'm not sure about that one Otto, I think Krusty's entrance is okay, and I think OMGUS is slightly town indicative.
I am sure my intention was different than saying to post less and i wonder why are you twisting my words?
Until i fully catch up
[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
My point was that "everyone do something, don't just slank and fluff!" is a very contradictory sentiment from "hey everyone let's chill out and post meaningless stuff until EOD!"
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:58 pm C- It's not so much the current gamestate, more the thinking that a lot of scum have a hard time entering the thread and subsequently end up a very low poster early game as they struggle to find an opening that feels comfortable.
This is not true of most Syndicate wolves. You will catch the occasional one with an awkward opening but many Syndicate scum players have no issue with power wolfing and there are very few chronic slankers here.

I like Grumple's posting this page. Not that I agree with his read on Otto, but the way he approached it and broke down Otto's post that he thought was player salad, moved onto a series of probing questions and then backed off after a bit to stop himself from tunnelling was a pretty townie approach.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I was about to lay down suspicion on Skinner for going all in on the "I am just memeing" angle but he says he's gotten it out of his system and is going to generate real content soon so I'll take a rain check on that until he fails to follow up.
Broken
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Broken »

Allison is wolfing imo.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

[VOTE: Grampa Simpson ] aubergine
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:41 pm [VOTE: Grampa Simpson ] aubergine
why this
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Principal Skinner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:31 pm Okay I got the memes out of my system for now.
Principal Skinner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:35 pm
Comic Book Guy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 am
Krusty the Clown wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:05 am
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 pm yellow seems a little sus
Explain how
Missing an obvious joke? That's scummy.
This guy gets it [VOTE: krusty] aubergine
I must admit this doesn't meet my standard for dropping the memes. Paraphrased, you're saying you're done with the jokes, but then drop a joke vote and dip.

Return to “Previous Heists”