Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 373
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D1)

Post by nutella »

14?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Enrique »

Oh I didn’t know what EDT meant.

[VOTE: Poison] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:10 am
Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:33 am Oh yeah, hi TSP, Poison, LC. The others I haven't played with yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
Will get back here when there's stuff to work with.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:51 am TSP? Is he in your scum chat?
hmm but what if this spews vul town lol
[mention]MacDougall[/mention] please advise

this one thing is tempting me to just go back to poison
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Enrique wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:15 am In how many hours does the poll end?
About 13.5

EDT is the timezone
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 122

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:10 am
Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:33 am Oh yeah, hi TSP, Poison, LC. The others I haven't played with yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
Will get back here when there's stuff to work with.
hmm but what if this spews vul town lol
It doesn't. Its fluff. Its not designed to hurt their slot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Unlike how he reacted to my vote. He went straight to discredit and hurt me.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

uh not really my point but ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ok so what's your point?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nobody will ever take a comment like that seriously so it's safe distancing. It's never town spew.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't mind if you want to kill Poison first.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

idk i feel like i just have a different view of what can consitute spew and that feels like it can be in a different way than what you're talking about

but i may be wrong
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

In response to Vulgard saying hi to Tony. I did not understand the alleged "slip" that took place here and I would not put it past LC to do some playful distancing like this. I say that more in reference to Vulgard than Tony because that's where my confirmation bias takes me, and also because Vulgard would be a more direct distancing ploy here.
Also feel good about Poison for correcting him here.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:22 pm I like your style, seems closer to mine then the current trend these days.
This is in response to syn's self-assessment. It is nothing. Paradoxically, it exists.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 pm People have squinted at me for saying that I have "genuine" reads in the past, as if every read I share as town is supposed to be genuine.

So with that in mind, here's a read of unknown sincerity:

Vulgard is mafia.
I can see it. Pre-slank excuse, mech chatter, and bland greetings.
LC is very quick to jump with all his weight on the Vulgard suspicion. He knows me well enough to know that I'm primarily fishing for reactions right here. Hell, one doesn't even need to know me to gather that here. I'm telegraphing my play in the post. I could see a sort of "TMI" argument here as well: I elaborated no further than "Vulgard is mafia", and LC responded with three specific points that can be counted against him. I am hesitant to award Vulgard townie points.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:41 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 pm People have squinted at me for saying that I have "genuine" reads in the past, as if every read I share as town is supposed to be genuine.

Vulgard is mafia.
I raise you: Enrique is a self-aligned third party bulletproof serial killer survivor.
Yeah, his obsession with hammers is starting to get uncomfortable in just that way.
This one is different. nutella's thing about Enrique is clearly a joke, and LC follows it up with what seems to be a "sincere" suspicion. It could still be distancing, but I feel more pro-Enrique on this point than I was pro-Vulgard on the previous one.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:47 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Vulgard is mafia.
I could see Vulgard being scum but mostly because their posting looks kinda carefully controlled to be as inoffensive and trigger people's scumdars as little as possible. I had a confused reaction to that mechanic as well so I don't blame them for the mech chatter, and I think pre-slank excuses are NAI. There are very few people (in general, but especially on the Syndicate) who roll scum and then go "alright! I'm going to go and give an excuse so I can coast through D1!" Not only is this just uncommon behavior, it's also suboptimal - you allow yourself to engage in some anti-town behavior, but in exchange you lose a lot of ability to gain trust and manipulate the town. Syndicate is not a site that is afraid to exe slankers and you will win a lot more games by powerwolfing than coasting.
For most people I would say that this does not look like a teammate interaction, but LC is a different beast. I have no reason to read it that way, though.

i am listening to skeletal blues while doing this and it is scratching a chronic itch for me. thank you nutella
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:50 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Vulgard is mafia.
I could see Vulgard being scum but mostly because their posting looks kinda carefully controlled to be as inoffensive and trigger people's scumdars as little as possible. I had a confused reaction to that mechanic as well so I don't blame them for the mech chatter, and I think pre-slank excuses are NAI. There are very few people (in general, but especially on the Syndicate) who roll scum and then go "alright! I'm going to go and give an excuse so I can coast through D1!" Not only is this just uncommon behavior, it's also suboptimal - you allow yourself to engage in some anti-town behavior, but in exchange you lose a lot of ability to gain trust and manipulate the town. Syndicate is not a site that is afraid to exe slankers and you will win a lot more games by powerwolfing than coasting.
But really, I like your angle on the pre-slank excuse. Vulgard is a Champs player if I'm not mistaken, and that would apply more to that type of player more than a casual player. I think mech chatter and bland greetings do fall under the "carefully controlled to be as inoffensive and trigger people's scumdars as little as possible" umbrella.
Alison's post, aside from just looking like a town post on its own, absolutely does not look like anything that a teammate would post in response to their partner's post. Alison's post comes off as stream-of-consciousness musings about Vulgard and Vulgard's position in this game, rather than a direct response to anything LC said. It is like she read LC's words and they sparked an idea that she just needed to vomit up in the moment, so that's what she did. Alison town. Alison never LC's partner.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:12 pm
Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm [VOTE: Syn] aubergine

I checked again and they have done nothing within their five posts. These posts were all spent on talking about themselves, their first post was a comment about the OP (which is not really game-related and is unlikely to out you as mafia when you talk about it as mafia), and they come across as trying to seem relaxed in the thread. Which is probably why they are spending so much time on "settling in."

I liked nutella's start, but I have some respect for their wolfgame, so I'm not going to pull an Alison and make a weakly supported solid townread on her out of nowhere.
what kind of opportunistic hogwash is this

Of course my posts are going to talk about me when I was responding to someone specifically asking me about my play style. Bro what
I agree, Syn didn't drive the conversation to be about himself, he was responding to questions and suspicions about him.
I want Mac to be right based purely on this whole interaction. Looking at it in a vacuum and not assuming anyone's alignment: LC comes to Syn's defense after an attack from Vulgard. LC has looked to be tiptoeing away from that early Vulgard suspicion ever so slightly in a few previous posts (the response to Alison above, for instance), and he has nothing direct to say about him here. Absence is somewhat noteworthy.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:26 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:22 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm actually my first real read is that vulgard is fishing 'cause look at their read on alison too

you're gonna need more to catch alison as a wolf she's a goat
What do you mean by "fishing?"
And I don't know that. I haven't seen Alison play at all.
"i don't like this entrance" "i don't like that entrance" "i don't like that read" when we're at rvs stage

it looks like you're trying to form reads and give an appearance of wolf hunting when a) it ain't really the time for it and b) your suspicions are of little substance atm
You'd be surprised at how early and frenetic the alignment-judging is these days. This is actually very tame.
Direct defense of Vulgard directed at funnygurl. Noted.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:16 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:57 pm Lotta townies here. Only person who has pinged me is Vulgard which doesn't bode well for poor Vulgard.
You're playing? Hallelujah!

You town, bro?
Lol i know what you're doing and I like it
;) Loud and clear, mate!
:shrug: Mac, what was LC doing? Why did you like it? you're reading all of this, right? Maybe I should start putting provocative words in the middle of wall posts to draw attention to certain points. MASTICATE

Sloonei lock town
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:05 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:01 pm I think it's a pretty ugly look that Vulgard's "throat has been thoroughly jumped down" but nobody seems to want to actually vote him. I think there is a good chance he is scum and his teammates bussed for early distance but are afraid to commit the vote because they were scared by the apparent steam his wagon was building and didn't want to lose a member so rapidly.
I don't think that he and Sloonei are wolves together. If Sloonei is a wolf, I have less suspicion of Vulgard. I still like your take on him, and could easily vote that way. I am not a teammate.
LC has placed himself firmly in the anti-Sloonei camp (more accurately, LC is the sole resident of the anti-Sloonei camp), so this position is a pretty carefully-worded pro-vulgard post without saying it directly.
I also continue to feel like Alison is town in these interactions. LC is responding to her in a number of places that feel a bit too conversational to be partners, if that makes sense.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:15 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:07 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:12 pm
Vulgard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 pm [VOTE: Syn] aubergine

I checked again and they have done nothing within their five posts. These posts were all spent on talking about themselves, their first post was a comment about the OP (which is not really game-related and is unlikely to out you as mafia when you talk about it as mafia), and they come across as trying to seem relaxed in the thread. Which is probably why they are spending so much time on "settling in."

I liked nutella's start, but I have some respect for their wolfgame, so I'm not going to pull an Alison and make a weakly supported solid townread on her out of nowhere.
what kind of opportunistic hogwash is this

Of course my posts are going to talk about me when I was responding to someone specifically asking me about my play style. Bro what
I agree, Syn didn't drive the conversation to be about himself, he was responding to questions and suspicions about him.
Come to think of it, you are a lot more memorable in this game than the last one. Are you more active in this one?
Yes, I am. I didn't feel like slanking, I think it's because I've gone over a week without a mafia game. Plus some old friends are playing, so that's exciting.
This exchange with Poison feels a bit empty and uninspiring. Nothing is distinctly bad about it, but I can't make an argument that these two are not partnered here.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:23 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:00 pm One of Alison - Vulgard is scum probably, do not like the syn votes on page 3.
Why are Alison and Vulgard not the same alignment?
I don't think two wolves would try and tag-team a case on D1, and have such a wide divide on the logic behind it too. Alison's case has "makes sense" value behind it, while Vulgard's simply fell apart at the slightest breeze. If they wanted to establish a mis-elim as partners, Vulgard would have surely come up with something better than what he did.
I don't think mafia would try to do a miselim stunt at the start of the day tbh, but the progression was bad indeed.
Also, it's Syn's first game on the site, so it would be especially predatory for them to dive on together. Not that they really need to care about that; that's an old Syndicater perspective.
LC tacks onto an argument about why Vulgard and Alison are not teammates by making a point about the way they both approached Syn, in response to a point made by Poison. Uh. First of all, "Why aren't Vulgard and Alison mafia partners" is not the question I was asking at the start of this whole thing, JUST SAYIN'. Second, I'm not really sure there's any substance to LC's point here, which makes me feel like it is a post that he crafted with a bit of wifom in mind. "Here's a point that none of the people involved care about, probably." I'm gonna boldly speculate that at least one of LC's partners appears somewhere in this exchange.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:49 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:43 pm I have a role that can kill Long Con at any time
Ha! Well, you didn't do it last time and it bit you in the ass! Just give me one phase to enjoy myself, at least.
Tony probably doesn't make this claim if he's LC's partner. It is too out-there.
Neither does nutella, and she certainly doesn't follow through with the act.

Welcome to Tonytown.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:51 am
Syn wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:49 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:36 am But not doing anything wrong is a scum tell and I’m not even exactly joking
idk how to respond to this

I'll try to be wolfier
Nice immaculate play, sucka. That'll teach you to think you're better than us.
uber casual. idk.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:32 am
Poison wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:43 am
Alison wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:39 am Poison is blatant naked mafia.

[VOTE: Poison] aubergine
This post and vote is so bad that idk makes me scum read you more.
That's some clunky distancing, you guys.
No it's not. Alison is town. Poison is unknown. I could see this being another patented wacky LC wifom post.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:45 am Marmot traditionally self-votes at the start, iirc. Just putting it out there, I don't see it as at all alignment-indicative. I understand it probably confuses most players here. I don't particularly condone it as useful or productive, I just remember it.
Pro-Marmot, but I read this more as "I like Marmot, let him play the game" than "Marmot is my teammate, back off." Also I'm not sure LC goes out of his way to defend a teammate against something so soft as self-vote suspicion here. Slight townie point for marmot.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:05 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:03 am
Vulgard wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:18 am [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
??
Little happened between Vul saying "Marmot’s first post is kinda towny, but my snapreads are legendarily bad, so I won’t rely on them too much." and then voting him. :shrug2:
That is certainly a description of events. But what does LC think of those events?
At this point I'd like to note that LC has talked a lot about Vulgard but, outside of one tiny fluff interaction at the very start of the game, he has not once talked to Vulgard. Make of that what you will.

Ignoring tony, nutella, and alison posts at this stage. they town.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Poison wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:52 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:47 am
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:02 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:00 pm One of Alison - Vulgard is scum probably, do not like the syn votes on page 3.
Why are Alison and Vulgard not the same alignment?
They can easily be together, but there's a possibility of a confirmed mafia is higher.
I'm not quite understanding that last sentence, can you rephrase it?
Oh I explained a few posts after this, to Sloonei. Should I rephrase it again?
I saw the explanation, but "So one of them can easily be scum, could be together, could be not" doesn't help me understand "possibility of a confirmed mafia is higher". "Confirmed" sounds definite, but I feel like you're just saying you suspect them both.
This misunderstanding feels a bit genuine, which would be a good look for Poison. Not a strong enough point to make me feel great about poison, but it definitely is a positive for her.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:55 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:51 pm Marmot has been... unimpressive. also claimed "basic townie" when there is no such thing in this game, but could have meant basic townie as in, unassuming nothing-to-see-here townie and not a vanilla claim
:o Good point. Does that count as angleshooting?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:47 amThere is no generic VT role PM. All role PMs are customized, do not angleshoot them.
LC hops on the apparent concern about Marmot claiming something akin to vanilla town. Noted.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:56 pm
Poison wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:52 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:32 pm also Poison did nothing really to assuage my worries of open wolfing

and then Nutella quoted their last game as wolf, where they did the exact same thing

so idk [VOTE: Poison] aubergine
Don't get overwhelmed. I can quote you 6-7 games where i did this as town. 2-3 games as scum, 2-3 as 3p.

Are you sure you want me to read/vote me on that basis, sir?
What is it that you are doing/are accused of doing/do every game? Are you sure you are looking at your game form the same perspective? I hate vagueness.
Contrary to the previous townie points for Poison, these questions from LC feel a bit... meandering? Arbitrary? In a way that gives me a sense that this is a staged interaction; like the spectacle of LC and Poison being disconnected here is more important than whatever the conclusion of this conversation might be.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:20 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:14 pmlong con
But why
Enrique calls LC his top scum read. LC is not pleased. Enrique is town.
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:01 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:54 pm I feel like half the player list has stipulations in the role card that forces them to play in ways that are just slightly off from their usual selves.
On one hand I'd ask you what you mean but on the other hand I know hwat you mean
For instance, TonyStarkPrime seems to be required to not exceed one line of text in 90% of his posts.
That sounds more like a read than a real guess at a post restriction. Why wouldn't you pull the trigger on that if you think it's unusual?
LC really wanted me to say Tony was suspicious right here.

------

Conclusions: nutella is town; she shot LC.
Tony is town; LC was pushing him persistently, Tony said he could kill LC with his role, their interactions do not feel like those of teammates.
Alison is town; her interactions with LC/LC's interactions with her have the feel of a mafioso (LC) feeding off a civilian's (Alison) energy.
Enrique is town; LC didn't like it when Enrique called him a suspect.
I would lean town on Marmot. LC stuck his neck out to defend him in such a way that feels unnecessary and uncalled-for if they are partners, then later appeared excited by a potential push (from Syn) against Marmot. This last point might be a slight point in Syn's favor, now that I mention it. That said, I can't give him a confident town read at this point.
Funnygurl barely exists in here. The one interaction I noticed was a defense of Vulgard in response to fgal's suspicion. I'd count that as a point in her favor.
Poison, Syn, and Mac all have some iffiness in here. I would not cross them off the list.
Vulgard is a suspect. LC placed some early suspicion on him but then spent the rest of the day looking like he didn't know what to do with it and actively trying to cram other suspects into the thread. The two of them rarely if ever interacted directly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Another thought that just occurred to me: LC spent some time and energy trying to push a case against me. Poison has resisted giving me a town read. I've prodded her on it because I feel like I should be a clear civilian in her eyes specifically right now.

LC's posts indicate that at least one mafia member was trying to drum up suspicion against me. Poison resisting the general consensus of town-reads on me is a lighter step in the same direction as LC.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You didn't finish his ISO. You ignored his attack on me voting him lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I was referencing a comment LC made after a previous game in which we caught him in ways he couldn't figure out and decided next time he was town he'd sheep me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I did indeed miss that last big post of mac shade. Townie point for Mr Dougall over there
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

Alright, great job.
Sloonei and nutella are pretty clearly town to me at this point. I did tell you that Sloonei was solvy in a non-bad-faith way, now you can probably see it.
Nutella dayvigged a mafia. Locktown, reevaluate maybe in LyLo but I doubt she lives that long if town.
More confident about TSP being town now as well.

I'll go into LC spew, too. A part of me doesn't like Mac being like "everyone but Syn and Vulgard is mafia based on LC spew" because that seems like a cop-out response and could possibly lead to chainyeets on town. It feels like he tried to push agenda immediately following his partner kicking the bucket.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'll just post as I go.

Pretty sure that him agreeing with Sloonei that I'm mafia points toward Sloonei being town. I find it hard to believe that LC would openly align himself with mafia!Sloonei this early and this quickly. Happily jumping on the suspicion on me feels like it should spew me town, from the mindset of "haha, easy target to poke at!", but I guess it's still possible that was distancing.

He also kinda agrees with Alison's scumread on me. He's doing lots of agreeing with scumreads on me. It feels like he's following the threadflow. Not sure if he would do that when a partner is getting heat early. Nothing was stopping him from deflecting onto someone else. Hint hint.

That said, he does later say something to the effect of "we will see," so he has not DECIDED yet whether I am mafia or not. But it's notable how easily he went "haha Vulgard mafia I agree!" I think this might also spew Alison town, for similar reasons as Sloonei.

Defending Syn. I don't really find it AI for Syn.

The post where he votes Sloonei is an even better look for Sloonei.

Interactions with Poison feel VERY W/W. Neither of them is really trying to suspect the other, nor are they trying to openly townread the other. When they interact, there is no attempt to solve each other that I can see. They talk about some previous games and about being happy to meet each other in this game. It's like they already know the other's alignment in their minds.

More defending of Syn. Feels like whiteknighting, but I could see that being distancing. "Also, it's Syn's first game on the site, so it would be especially predatory for them to dive on together." Better look for Syn.

Defending Marmot as well. LC defends plenty of people I would say are "easy targets to push" in this game. I don't think he would whiteknight all of them as mafia. Looking primarily at Syn/Marmot here (sorry if me calling you that offends you).

To be fair, he does randomly shade Marmot right after defending him, which is a better look for Marmot.

Scumread on TSP is very, very random. It almost looks like distancing, but I townread TSP independently. Could just be random shade.

"Also, can you guys maybe not vote for me? Why do I have votes?"

Not sure if there's a way to check the LC wagon at the time, but this post probably says that most, if not all, people that were voting him at the time are likely town. Could potentially give us an additional clear.

Noting that LC slowly shifts into "scumreading Poison" after the threadflow goes in that direction, instead of progressing his read on her by himself. He doesn't really push Poison very hard, either. He did something similar with me earlier, and then he promptly forgot about me after the thread shifted away from me. Both these pushes were most likely in bad faith, and what differentiates the push on Poison from the push on me is that he didn't really try to solve Poison's alignment for over 10 pages, until he was forced to. For me, he instantly decided I'm mafia, then backtracked and... forgot about it?

It feels more like he slowly leaned into pushing on Poison when he really did not want to, meanwhile it came very easy for him to push on me before forgetting about me as a target. I think this says that Poison's pretty likely mafia.

I'm also noting the random shade on Mac at the end, but it's nowhere near enough to say that Mac's spewed town as a result.

Conclusions:

Syn/Marmot might contain 1 mafia based on how LC decided to defend/WK both (and shade one).
Poison is very likely mafia, which aligns with my independent read on her. Kill Poison today.
Alison and Sloonei (and nutella) are certainly town based on LC spew and other factors. Pretty sure he spewed me town as well.
Interaction with TSP is very weird but doesn't really point me in either direction. Same with the Mac interaction.

Don't need to change my vote.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Having done this, I find it really suspicious that Mac instantly went "LC spewed everyone but Syn and Vulgard town, let's kill Syn and Vulgard." Really feels like a bad-faith opportunistic push and I hate it.
I'd like to focus on Mac after we get Poison.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

TSP is voting a dead person.
But I guess it means that he was on LC's wagon when LC complained about his wagon, which is a good look for him.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Funnygurl still voting for No Yeet is unfortunately >rand town unless she does this stupid stuff as mafia too.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'd like to form a voltron with nutella, Sloonei, Alison, and TSP.
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That's my Voltron
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

You're not allowed.
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Rude
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:24 am
nutella wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:24 am holy shit i'm a god
More like a jerk
Your reason for being active was fake. You are a con artist!!!
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

So Vulgard, exactly how many games do you need to read me correctly?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I won't mind my lynch on D1 tbh. It would not make the thread confuse for a prolonged time and hinder scum hunt. It won't waste some Night actions and it might spew a few people town/scum based on their progression on me.

If I survive this phase, I'll tunnel my scum reads and drop wallies.

Till then, good bye, I'll enjoy my festival!! Might return late at night though.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:16 am Im yeeting mac after poison maybe
Vul/Alison seems good as well. Get them.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 664

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wheh
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I'm dealing with stuff IRL, should be cleared up in less than 24 hours. So posts are going to be brief for the next while. Mac, Sloonei, nutella, TSP, Enrique town off the flip.

I want to go Poison -> Vulgard. Not sure about Syn.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Poison wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:11 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:09 pm Poison who's your top civ read?
Me

TSP. Nutella.
Syn
Marmot
Enrique
Tell me more about this marmot civ reed.
Poison wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:16 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:14 pmlong con
Are those eggs on your bee!eyes?
But whyyyyyyy?
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:33 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:12 pm Oh I super misread that rule then

I thought it meant there were no vanilla villagers. Okay, then Marmot's fine.
If Syn is bad, Marmot is town.
But whyyyyyyeeeeeeee?
Syn wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:17 pm marmot isn't even an easy target

their only vote is a self-vote
I'll try again.

I'm a mafia this game and I think I'm the only one.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:29 pm In reviewing this I've discovered a new TSP tell which I will not share until it can clear me as town at which point everyone will assume that because I've discovered it it's now fake
Maybe this is your tell? To promise to share your tell in the future as a distraction from your true inherent evilness?
MacDougall wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:46 pm This game is hard to read. It feels like people are saying plenty but nothing at the same time. Reeee.
You trying to solve this game or something?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

*votes LC

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:47 am*votes LC
Accurate but late.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Syn »

I don't like Marmot committing to the meme four hours before EOD

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Syn wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:08 pm I don't like Marmot committing to the meme four hours before EOD
What? And also, why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wait EOD is at 4. That's weird.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I've got to get food and I'm still not sure what happened but I understand that LC died and flipped mafia and now I'm concerned about my role. Anyways, good news: Nanook games have lots of random kill roles so

wait

day vig on a top suspect? only works on certain target?

uh oh
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Syn »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:23 pm
Syn wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:08 pm I don't like Marmot committing to the meme four hours before EOD
What? And also, why?
ideally people become more serious as time passes instead of less

voting for LC is a vote throw

and I like banter, but Marmot has low activity and isn't contributing beyond the jokes

I'm not being especially solvy myself so glass houses apply here

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Syn wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:37 pm
What? And also, why?

and I like banter, but Marmot has low activity and isn't contributing beyond the jokes

My guess is marmot hasn’t realized that LC died.

It has also been ages since Marmot played a game. I don’t remember him being super active on Day 1s in the past. I’m not disturbed by his light presence so far.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:58 am
Accurate but late.
Accurate?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Accurate but late.
Accurate?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:43 pm
What? And also, why?

It has also been ages since Marmot played a game. I don’t remember him being super active on Day 1s in the past. I’m not disturbed by his light presence so far.
No no I did. That's why I voted for him. :dark:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:54 pm
Accurate but late.
Accurate?
lc is already dead
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:43 pm
What? And also, why?

No no I did. That's why I voted for him. :dark:
well now i'm confused
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh, I only just realized LC was mafia. I should read the full posts.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Kill him again!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Actually, I am often active on Day 1. This is my first game in two years and I kinda forget to check in every 15 minutes like I used to.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Why are you more concerned about my timing then my actions though??

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”