Interested in hearing what pinged you there
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 2]

Post by Paprika »

Hugh Jass wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 am
I'll be the judge of that I guess. You seem to make a point of it when you're addressing people that view in a negative light, or in this case a third parties thoughts on them. Why do you feel that to be necessary? It's a pretty weird kind of self awareness and caveat.
mostly to skip the "you're only saying this because they're sussing you" part of the conversation
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Time for me to rise and shine

Wall post may come but not so fast, i collected 27 quotes and they are way too many
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Hugh Jass »

[mention]Marge Simpson[/mention] Where u at girl? I need a little bit more to keep me in your pocket.

Your called vote isn't on the poll btw.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hugh Jass wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:59 am
Otto Mann wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:35 am
The Grumple wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:23 am what do u guys think about mr. burns
I'm really stoned rn so I'm not sure I can explain it properly.
But if Burns is scum I think Allison probably is too.
Pre-flip association reads. Et tu, Otto? Nooo :pout:
Don't worry, I don't think he reads Shakespeare
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:23 am what do u guys think about mr. burns
Fair shot.
It's just Burns and I were having a conversation and Allison was like "shut the fuck up, you're both town." (Not those exact words)
Anyways, I was ok with it and still am.. it's just that I'm paranoid and a giant potato.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

These two oldsters circling each other like teen agers at the prom...ugh.

Smithers, get the hounds in the kennel, we don't want them to see this.

So I'm gonna blast out a giant wall here, just because it's all I'm gonna do. I'm beat flat.

I have reread the entire thread though, with an eye on Grampa Simpson. My first observation is that he is a native of CFC and that explains a LOT about how this game has gone for him. His disputes on day one struck me very much as two people talking past each other, where both made sense to me but neither seemed able to follow the other.

As an example, Marge is playing from "Syndicate wolves work hard, so Homer's gif posting goof offery is not wolfy." Grampa is playing from "I didn't really say it was wolfy, I said it was bad." He arrives, reasonably, at "why are you defending bad play?" while Marge is still on the idea that it isn't bad play, it's 'Syndicate town telling' and Homer is really helping us out with his "light hearted playfulness instead of wolf intensity." Talking past each other.

Since I only play an occasional game on the Syndicate I get it. It's hard to town "the Syndicate way" when you play a lot in places where towns are intense, not woo-foo look at me gif happyfests.

Knowing that Grandpa is not a regular Syndi-cat also makes it easier for me to get around the Mac wolf read. Mac was wrong about me when he thought I was a Syndi-cat too, but backed off when he recognized me. I'm guessing he was seeing a similar "wolfiness" in Grampa.

So I have done what I told Hugh I would do. I don't particularly think Grampa is a wolf...but as a CFCer he always could be a wolf. None of the reasons people have read him as a wolf are really compelling though. Those are just things that if I'd been thinking about it would have been CFC indicative, not alignment indicative.

On other subjects...

Mac did wolf read Lisa. So do I. The day one disappointment when I read the ISO still stings. I had thought she was involved and making committed statements on stuff, but reading back it was all hollow. There were posts. There were posts that looked like they were about a read, or about taking a position, but ultimately they were just meh and there weren't near as many as I had thought. Today she gets in a little back and forth with Allison and has little to nothing to say to or about anyone else in the thread. The...heat...makes her posts stand out and be remembered as more than they really were...again...and she faded...again. If she doesn't come back stronger tomorrow than she did day one I could vote there.

Among the things that she "took a stand on" that to me is just contrariness was the Otto track from Skinner. Hugh joined in on this one. This is a Syndi-cat sweetness cloud thing. "Oh it was a good track! You must be wolfy to say it was a bad play! Only wolves are mean here at the Synficate!" Bull. That was a terrible track, and Skinner has played a bad game overall. Day one was "I can just luff it and show up at two hours to EoD and claim." Day two has been, so far, now that I am lock town I can say I cleared my slot and they can't really ask for more from me." It is basically true, and looking around at the people who haven't really cleared their own slot, including me, it's hard to argue, but c'mon. Take some responsibility for getting the town a win, since you are confirmed town. And people who look at this and say "so mean, Burns must be wolfing"...get over it. If town players don't hold each other accountable who is gonna do it for them?

All that said...Comic Book Guy is awful. Homer is awful. They might be town, maybe, but other than "they just DGAF so town," which I think is maybe the most ridiculous clear of all time, how do we know? I mean, how hard is it to fake IDGAF? I'd probably be a solid town read right now if instead of this rant I had just posted a cute "I'm tired" gif and gone to bed. I get it Marge, Syndicate wolves care about the game...compared to Syndicate towns, apparently true. Maybe that's why they almost always win. Hell, Otto is the towniest town in town and I believe it isn't just role play, he might be stoned off his ass.

So I dunno what I'm gonna do tomorrow. If I get a wolf read somewhere, or even if someone makes a decent case, I'll probably go with it. If not I'll just drive a stake through the heart of some maybe townie that I just don't see any hope for in regards to clearing themselves.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:08 am i am so done with walls

posting only absolute bullshit one-liners from now on*

*terms and conditions apply
This is the way

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I can't bring myslef to be paranoid over sockpuppets accounts, and i try to not meta read them because if i am wrong i may mix things bad :omg:
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Thinking a little i want another vote and i will do it before the mentioned wall

[VOTE: Lisa ] aubergine
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

No one

27% Voters: Mr. Burns, Otto Mann, Grampa Simpson
Is this a place holder? I used it too but seeing 3 names here looks odd :suspish:
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

When everyone goes to sleep when i start playing

Breakfast time

Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:55 amI like this bit of ogic, Hugh Jass had something similar...it goes along the lines of "not risky enough reads, that's scummy!"

The irony of this post of yours is that Hugh Jass already did it...so I guess your reads ain't all that fresh and original either.

Both you and Hugh are wrong tho...hawt, fresssssssh takes that are avante garde, cutting edge & oh so cosmo is not what makes a player town.
yes but the lack of such can be a sign of a player blending in to avoid ruffling feathers, avoid putting pressure on teammates, putting up a good front of looking like doing work, etc. all the stuff that mafia members do to reach the end of the game. that's why i brought it up. it's not bad to have similar ideas to other players, but to be so thoroughly within the status quo is. i also feel like you skipped over some of my questions and the meat of the post, which i dislike

1. what made you change your opinion of me between day 1 and day 2?
2. can you explain what exactly it was about Hugh Jass long disorganized post bothered you?
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

ah i see my questions got eaten by the refresh purge and i forgot to re-add them
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Don't use that refresh too much, use preview and you never loose post content
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Paprika »

Bart Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:26 am
No one

27% Voters: Mr. Burns, Otto Mann, Grampa Simpson
Is this a place holder? I used it too but seeing 3 names here looks odd :suspish:
mine is

for now I guess I'll vote for... uh... h... Homer?

[VOTE: Homer Simpson] aubergine

I see this changing tomorrow
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

The Grumple wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 am
Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:55 amI like this bit of ogic, Hugh Jass had something similar...it goes along the lines of "not risky enough reads, that's scummy!"

The irony of this post of yours is that Hugh Jass already did it...so I guess your reads ain't all that fresh and original either.

Both you and Hugh are wrong tho...hawt, fresssssssh takes that are avante garde, cutting edge & oh so cosmo is not what makes a player town.
yes but the lack of such can be a sign of a player blending in to avoid ruffling feathers, avoid putting pressure on teammates, putting up a good front of looking like doing work, etc. all the stuff that mafia members do to reach the end of the game. that's why i brought it up. it's not bad to have similar ideas to other players, but to be so thoroughly within the status quo is. i also feel like you skipped over some of my questions and the meat of the post, which i dislike

2. can you explain what exactly it was about Hugh Jass long disorganized post bothered you?
You're total absence in the thread after what I thought to be an engaged & fruitful start. I also just wanted to shake your tree, see what fell.

Hugh Jass's novel...to start, the entire.concept came across like "I'm not one for big speeches" and then was followed by a monstrously long speech. I find long winded diatribes easy way for scum to muddy the waters

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

The Grumple wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 am

You're total absence in the thread after what I thought to be an engaged & fruitful start. I also just wanted to shake your tree, see what fell.

Hugh Jass's novel...to start, the entire.concept came across like "I'm not one for big speeches" and then was followed by a monstrously long speech. I find long winded diatribes easy way for scum to muddy the waters

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Fuck I hate playing on mobile, goddamn double post

ImageImageImage
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

hm ok
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Bart Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:33 am When everyone goes to sleep when i start playing

Breakfast time

Give us some thoughts between bites of bacon

ImageImageImage
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:58 amYou're total absence in the thread after what I thought to be an engaged & fruitful start. I also just wanted to shake your tree, see what fell.
hmmm ok
i think i disagree with this just cus i've been there. falling behind and finally having a time set up to catch up and read and respond to everything all at once. i'll keep a post tab open which i just type thoughts in as they come. this seemed like that to me. and i feel like focusing on the fact that it's a very long post does a disservice to the fact that there's a good amount of analysis in there. though now that you mention it;
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 am
Finally caught up! I'm feeling things, feeling a lot of things but I'm having trouble trying to put them into words lol. It was also pretty difficult internalizing information, felt like reading posts from new players everywhere and the lack of familiarity with avys I guess you get lost sometimes and don't even remember who said what.

I think my strongest town reads would be Marge, Otto and Alison. Found myself agreeing with like almost everything Marge saying and that's pretty crazy lol. We have the two same scum reads and like most of her posts comes off as natural and you can see her train of thoughts. They're like open and accessible if that makes any sense, doesn't feel like there is an agenda behind them. I usually find the "lol" and other laughing acronyms as scum tells sometimes when they don't really match the tone and vibe of a player, and they're like using them to sweeten their post and comes off as anxious. Here it feels like she's just having fun, and it kind of gives off a good care free vibe that is townie.

Otto and Alison are the og contributors of the thread. I liked the energy they came in with, and it felt like it came with genuine game solving intent. Didn't really agree all that much with some of Otto's reads but they felt genuine, a lot of progression and reconsiderations which makes me feel like he's trying to figure out people for real and not just putting a show. I particularly liked post 72, I think it's the kind of post that only town does. It's nothing fancy but like scum never make them because they're never solving for real. I don't know if this make any sense lol, it's like the kind of self reflecting and gathering of thoughts that comes from a townie mindset when they're trying to get a feel for the state of the game. Agreed with his Gtumple take, felt also genuine and not like him wanting to get Grumple off his back. I understand it too 'cause you usually can have personal takes on how someone is treating you so you can get reads from it, I'm a no u specialist since I feel like I have good instincts for when scum is pushing me for bullshit reasons lol. Overall have the same thought about Alison, I liked her Gramps take and while I started suspecting him for different and more personal reasons, her take are good. The change of speed of Gramps is particularily telling. I also like her feelings about the state of the game and how its going, feel like genuine town concerns.

Pretty much agree with Marge about Homer. The idgaf attitude her and not tailoring his game to people especially after getting prodded is more likely town than not. Also it actually feels genuine, rather than like a scum trying to sell that fake bravado. He kind of embodies it here lol. The lock town on Mill is absolutely beautiful.

I'm having some trouble with CBG, little bit of a love hate relationship. I kind of read his concise posts as town like, they feel like naked thoughts and right to the point. Also some of the silly one liners he's dished have surprisingly pinged me town lol. He has that same attitude vibe that Homer have, although it's not something that is unfakeable (if that is word). Not sure if I'm dumb but post 417 is town for me lmao. We have Mill about to get eliminated, and it's like a meme-y mafia read on him that I just don't think Mafia ever makes. It's fucking hilarious.

Unlike his parents, I have no fucking clue who Bart is. He's in my townpile though. I guess for the bland reasons that his thoughts are genuine bla bla bla lol. I kind of like the little work he's done when he's been playing the game and contributing. Feels real to me, and while it actually matches other peoples reads especially the scum reads, it kind of comes off as he's coming into them on his own like he's playing the game at his own pace.

Kristy, and Lisa are in my PoE. I haven't really figured them out much and some stuff have pinged me. Also not a lot of things to work with. Krusty gives off a weird disattached vibe, like he's a robot if that makes sense lol. There is like no emotion accompanying his posts and it comes off as if he's not actually trying to figure people out just asking questions. Speaking of questions, I'm not seeing him reach much conclusions and seems like he's just faking contributions through those questions who don't seem most of the time to be stuff that will actually help him figure someone out. More like bland and semantic stuff that I guess help him fake contribution. I think his take on Mill's wall post is the kind of wolfy remark used to shade others. He's like piggy backing off others when they're discussing Mill, and he just pops in to point out something that can be seen as scummy and then nothing further. He dips from there with clean hands. Kind of saw it that way.

Not a big fan of Lisa's little contribution. Feels like she's hunting some easy posts to go off of, and then just share some bland takes. She's kind of using them to appear as if contributing. It's not the lack of reasoning that is off to me, it's more like they seem to be random as hell. There is no train of thoughts or contuinity to them, she's not like quoting different posts about a same discussion trying to give her thoughts about them or add to the discussion. She's more putting her hand into a lot of different discussion to I guess appear more visible, and broaden her reach.

Already talked about Gramps and Burns who are at the bottom of my PoE. Haven't really moved much off of them after catching up completely, although I'd say I'm still mulling over some things I've seen from Gramps. Also the inactives thing could be a culture/playstyle clash, but even then I'm not a big fan of the rest of his contribution. The gear shift that Alison built her case on is something I agree with as well. Scums are more likely to make it when called out, and it kind of shows that whatever vibe or attitude they had prior was fake.

I still fucking hate Mr. Burns with a passion. I think he was trying to discredit early on Alison and Otto with the fear mongering about them potentially power wolfing. It's a cheap way to shade someone while posing it as a an open ended question, "oh I'm just aking myself" "I'm not sure". It sounds so fucking fake, and it's usually the kind of cowardy wolf tactics to shade loud voices. No fucking townie put that thought out there immediately. It's so slimy lol.

I've got more thoughts there, and also more thoughts in general but this is it for this post. It actually fucking sucks to come from behind 'cause I have so many problems trying to put into words everything I want to say lol. I guess that'll serve me missing the whole phase. Hopefully I'll keep being up to date this phase. I initially thought about iso-ing every single player and then sharing my thoughts posts by posts as that'd be easier, but fuck that lmao.
Mr. Jass, did you come out of this read/analysis with any particular strong negative reads, and if so what are you doing with them?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 am
Bart Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:33 am When everyone goes to sleep when i start playing

Breakfast time

Give us some thoughts between bites of bacon
Comic guy posted some thoughts like trying the thread's temperature, i am not a fan, and sis is dropped from the face of the Earth.
Neither is wolfy in a vacuum though but during the game they sticked out for me.
Everyone who stepped up and posted wallies, they are wording masters and i love them, just i don't think they ar all town so i have to think at game behaviour too while reading them.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I am looking at Skinner's wagon in day 1 and he was voted by Homer Simpson, Comic Book Guy, Otto Mann.
I think no matter Skinner's AI logic says one of the 3 voting is scum, because wolves like to show they are active.
The other 'big: wagon at the moment was Homer's, voted by Mr. Burns, Grampa Simpson.
I think that was around the moment i voted for Allison.
I need to check votes in posts but this is a pain on mobile, as well as the wallie i wanted to make :pout:

Bbl on pc
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by dodo »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:38 pm
Homer Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:06 am Image
Hi Homer, what are your thoughts on EOD D1 and SOD D2?
Killing town is bad. My reads are the same. You kids are noisy while I’m trying to nap.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Mr burns is a hard ass but probably town
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Thoughts about Skinner's claim? Is trustable?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:18 am Not sure if we've seen a post from Homer that's longer than 2 sentences. Others have of course noticed the lack of participation, but I wonder....does Homer as W give Marge a town read if they're scum buds? I'd think he'd participate more if that were the case
Homers are known for being concise.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Marge Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 am When will Syndicate learn that the scum on this site actually care about the game
Mom i need your ideas about high posters in this case.
Lisa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 am
Marge Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 am When will Syndicate learn that the scum on this site actually care about the game
Looks like i'm confirmed town then.

Catching up after my work is done.
After catching up, her posts were not really contributive to the game and i found just few impressions easy to post by either AI, but my personal take is they're posted by an wolf.
Comic Book Guy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm I'm legit town.
:disappoint:
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:22 pm
This is uber-convincing.
:huh:

Sarcasm detected
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:20 am
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:18 am Not sure if we've seen a post from Homer that's longer than 2 sentences. Others have of course noticed the lack of participation, but I wonder....does Homer as W give Marge a town read if they're scum buds? I'd think he'd participate more if that were the case
Homer can write impressions too?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:28 pm @Otto Mann My town pile isn't very strong as far as my certainty of them. Alison is my strongest lean, followed by you. After that it's some reads doing better than null, but by no means strong leans. Lisa, Burns, Grampa, Bart.

Scum leans on Hugh Jass, Homer, & The Grumple right now.
Here is a TR from Krusty for Otto as second TR

What makes Allison your first town read Krusty?
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:12 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 am Finally caught up! I'm feeling things, feeling a lot of things but I'm having trouble trying to put them into words lol. It was also pretty difficult internalizing information, felt like reading posts from new players everywhere and the lack of familiarity with avys I guess you get lost sometimes and don't even remember who said what.

I think my strongest town reads would be Marge, Otto and Alison. Found myself agreeing with like almost everything Marge saying and that's pretty crazy lol. We have the two same scum reads and like most of her posts comes off as natural and you can see her train of thoughts. They're like open and accessible if that makes any sense, doesn't feel like there is an agenda behind them. I usually find the "lol" and other laughing acronyms as scum tells sometimes when they don't really match the tone and vibe of a player, and they're like using them to sweeten their post and comes off as anxious. Here it feels like she's just having fun, and it kind of gives off a good care free vibe that is townie.

Otto and Alison are the og contributors of the thread. I liked the energy they came in with, and it felt like it came with genuine game solving intent. Didn't really agree all that much with some of Otto's reads but they felt genuine, a lot of progression and reconsiderations which makes me feel like he's trying to figure out people for real and not just putting a show. I particularly liked post 72, I think it's the kind of post that only town does. It's nothing fancy but like scum never make them because they're never solving for real. I don't know if this make any sense lol, it's like the kind of self reflecting and gathering of thoughts that comes from a townie mindset when they're trying to get a feel for the state of the game. Agreed with his Gtumple take, felt also genuine and not like him wanting to get Grumple off his back. I understand it too 'cause you usually can have personal takes on how someone is treating you so you can get reads from it, I'm a no u specialist since I feel like I have good instincts for when scum is pushing me for bullshit reasons lol. Overall have the same thought about Alison, I liked her Gramps take and while I started suspecting him for different and more personal reasons, her take are good. The change of speed of Gramps is particularily telling. I also like her feelings about the state of the game and how its going, feel like genuine town concerns.

Pretty much agree with Marge about Homer. The idgaf attitude her and not tailoring his game to people especially after getting prodded is more likely town than not. Also it actually feels genuine, rather than like a scum trying to sell that fake bravado. He kind of embodies it here lol. The lock town on Mill is absolutely beautiful.

I'm having some trouble with CBG, little bit of a love hate relationship. I kind of read his concise posts as town like, they feel like naked thoughts and right to the point. Also some of the silly one liners he's dished have surprisingly pinged me town lol. He has that same attitude vibe that Homer have, although it's not something that is unfakeable (if that is word). Not sure if I'm dumb but post 417 is town for me lmao. We have Mill about to get eliminated, and it's like a meme-y mafia read on him that I just don't think Mafia ever makes. It's fucking hilarious.

Unlike his parents, I have no fucking clue who Bart is. He's in my townpile though. I guess for the bland reasons that his thoughts are genuine bla bla bla lol. I kind of like the little work he's done when he's been playing the game and contributing. Feels real to me, and while it actually matches other peoples reads especially the scum reads, it kind of comes off as he's coming into them on his own like he's playing the game at his own pace.

Kristy, and Lisa are in my PoE. I haven't really figured them out much and some stuff have pinged me. Also not a lot of things to work with. Krusty gives off a weird disattached vibe, like he's a robot if that makes sense lol. There is like no emotion accompanying his posts and it comes off as if he's not actually trying to figure people out just asking questions. Speaking of questions, I'm not seeing him reach much conclusions and seems like he's just faking contributions through those questions who don't seem most of the time to be stuff that will actually help him figure someone out. More like bland and semantic stuff that I guess help him fake contribution. I think his take on Mill's wall post is the kind of wolfy remark used to shade others. He's like piggy backing off others when they're discussing Mill, and he just pops in to point out something that can be seen as scummy and then nothing further. He dips from there with clean hands. Kind of saw it that way.

Not a big fan of Lisa's little contribution. Feels like she's hunting some easy posts to go off of, and then just share some bland takes. She's kind of using them to appear as if contributing. It's not the lack of reasoning that is off to me, it's more like they seem to be random as hell. There is no train of thoughts or contuinity to them, she's not like quoting different posts about a same discussion trying to give her thoughts about them or add to the discussion. She's more putting her hand into a lot of different discussion to I guess appear more visible, and broaden her reach.

Already talked about Gramps and Burns who are at the bottom of my PoE. Haven't really moved much off of them after catching up completely, although I'd say I'm still mulling over some things I've seen from Gramps. Also the inactives thing could be a culture/playstyle clash, but even then I'm not a big fan of the rest of his contribution. The gear shift that Alison built her case on is something I agree with as well. Scums are more likely to make it when called out, and it kind of shows that whatever vibe or attitude they had prior was fake.

I still fucking hate Mr. Burns with a passion. I think he was trying to discredit early on Alison and Otto with the fear mongering about them potentially power wolfing. It's a cheap way to shade someone while posing it as a an open ended question, "oh I'm just aking myself" "I'm not sure". It sounds so fucking fake, and it's usually the kind of cowardy wolf tactics to shade loud voices. No fucking townie put that thought out there immediately. It's so slimy lol.

I've got more thoughts there, and also more thoughts in general but this is it for this post. It actually fucking sucks to come from behind 'cause I have so many problems trying to put into words everything I want to say lol. I guess that'll serve me missing the whole phase. Hopefully I'll keep being up to date this phase. I initially thought about iso-ing every single player and then sharing my thoughts posts by posts as that'd be easier, but fuck that lmao.

Interesting...has trouble putting thoughts into words, then proceeds to post an absolute novel. Ya, makes sense. Also, not a fan at all of the last minute pop-in at EoD last RD, giving Milhouse a townread on pretty much nothing (cuz' that's what Milhouse had done up to that point....nuthin') right before he gets axed. Super convenient way for a wolf to appear towny.

I like this read. Exactly the kind of thing I've been waiting for from you.
And here is an implied TR from Otto to Krusty.

Question is, how did you expect something from him, except you know who he is? Can you confirm you realised who Krusty is and if yes how confident are you? (no need to share the info, just the level of confidence}

What i dislike and it may put lower Krusty in my reads to null is the shade for Milhouse who was not the wolfiest player and a GTH would sqeeze from my brain a not guilty answer.

About Hugh 's reads, that wall needs a little attention in other post.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Bart Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:39 am
Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:20 am
Homer can write impressions too?
Homer write good
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Bart Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:24 am
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:28 pm @Otto Mann My town pile isn't very strong as far as my certainty of them. Alison is my strongest lean, followed by you. After that it's some reads doing better than null, but by no means strong leans. Lisa, Burns, Grampa, Bart.

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 am Finally caught up! I'm feeling things, feeling a lot of things but I'm having trouble trying to put them into words lol. It was also pretty difficult internalizing information, felt like reading posts from new players everywhere and the lack of familiarity with avys I guess you get lost sometimes and don't even remember who said what.

Interesting...has trouble putting thoughts into words, then proceeds to post an absolute novel. Ya, makes sense. Also, not a fan at all of the last minute pop-in at EoD last RD, giving Milhouse a townread on pretty much nothing (cuz' that's what Milhouse had done up to that point....nuthin') right before he gets axed. Super convenient way for a wolf to appear towny.

Question is, how did you expect something from him, except you know who he is? Can you confirm you realised who Krusty is and if yes how confident are you? (no need to share the info, just the level of confidence}

What i dislike and it may put lower Krusty in my reads to null is the shade for Milhouse who was not the wolfiest player and a GTH would sqeeze from my brain a not guilty answer.

Alison isnt my 1st town read as in she's my top read, I just listed her first. She's been unafraid to engage the thread and multiple players & hasn't slanked.

My town read on Otto is pure meta. He and I have solved who each other are, so I'd wager he's basing his read on me from meta as well.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

I'm 100% sure who Otto is

ImageImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Gee, thanks. :shifty:
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:43 pm @Krusty the Clown
Thoughts on Grandpa -
I was null on him until the attempted derp clear. A couple others have made decent scum cases on him but I haven't spent any time on him yet, so I suppose I'm scum leaning him strictly due to his bunk entrance today.
I'll back this read. That derp seemed like a desperation act.
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:59 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:43 pm @Krusty the Clown
Thoughts on Grandpa -
I was null on him until the attempted derp clear. A couple others have made decent scum cases on him but I haven't spent any time on him yet, so I suppose I'm scum leaning him strictly due to his bunk entrance today.
That derp clear was so derp that I'm inclined to give him a pass, for now.

Homer & CBG are on my radar at the moment.

Thoughts on why the Maf ignored the tracker claim & left Skinner alone?
There's a two shot doctor, and the tracker itself isn't a super powerful role, especially when fit onto a low poster who doesn't seem very credible.
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:22 pm
This is uber-convincing.
Nope.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

So I suppose Homer has the time to address my post re: his lack of participation and make a joke post or so, but not actually play the game.

The WIFOM is wouldnt a wolf try a bit harder to project town by playing the game? Or is that how a wolf would play right now to project lazy town?

Folks have mentioned how hard wolves try on Syndicate, perhaps Homer's not-trying is a ploy to hide scum.

ImageImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:43 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:00 am CBG is looking just as scummy as he was at the end of last RD. 2 posts thus far, with a total of like 5, maybe 6 words? Feels like he's scum that's having a hard time engaging the thread after his early interactions.
This is a fair take.
I can see it if it's deliberate. Town just got a sour taste in their mouth after 2 of the slankers flipped town, and one claimed tracker. Potentially he can be a wolf who is trying to be too wolfy to be a wolf and copying the ones who died before him. Otherwise i don't see anything too AI. A townie slowing down after a mislynch is common.
Comic Book Guy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:48 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:42 pm Further to the angleshoot - when I was shaking the tree D1 grumble was pretty quick to engage/tunnel me on my read, yet seems to not care about CBG.

It's total wolf bro stuff.
CBG seems to be pushing for a "too wolfy to be a wolf" read here.
Did I get it?
:disappoint:
Otto Mann wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:10 am
Fair shot.
It's just Burns and I were having a conversation and Allison was like "shut the fuck up, you're both town." (Not those exact words)
Anyways, I was ok with it and still am.. it's just that I'm paranoid and a giant potato.
She copied me.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Mr. Burns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 am Mac did wolf read Lisa. So do I. The day one disappointment when I read the ISO still stings. I had thought she was involved and making committed statements on stuff, but reading back it was all hollow. There were posts. There were posts that looked like they were about a read, or about taking a position, but ultimately they were just meh and there weren't near as many as I had thought. Today she gets in a little back and forth with Allison and has little to nothing to say to or about anyone else in the thread. The...heat...makes her posts stand out and be remembered as more than they really were...again...and she faded...again. If she doesn't come back stronger tomorrow than she did day one I could vote there.

Among the things that she "took a stand on" that to me is just contrariness was the Otto track from Skinner. Hugh joined in on this one. This is a Syndi-cat sweetness cloud thing. "Oh it was a good track! You must be wolfy to say it was a bad play! Only wolves are mean here at the Synficate!" Bull. That was a terrible track, and Skinner has played a bad game overall. Day one was "I can just luff it and show up at two hours to EoD and claim." Day two has been, so far, now that I am lock town I can say I cleared my slot and they can't really ask for more from me." It is basically true, and looking around at the people who haven't really cleared their own slot, including me, it's hard to argue, but c'mon. Take some responsibility for getting the town a win, since you are confirmed town. And people who look at this and say "so mean, Burns must be wolfing"...get over it. If town players don't hold each other accountable who is gonna do it for them?
That's fair, i'm just responding to whatever i see interesting and leave it at that. Can't argue against it. And i can tell you in advance that i probably won't be stronger tommorow or the days after. I might analyse a little more when a wolf dies but i can't guarantee it.

You realise mac came around a few hours before EoD too, threw a few reads with little substance, started crying about town throwing and claimed his identity?
I don't see why you ''feel bad'' about pushing mac but shitting on Skinner is fair game. Isn't that the same thing?

The track is fine. Otto sits in the upper half/middle of the threadstate atleast from my POV. That's where the mafia kill will usually come from. Tinfoiling that he is mafia the moment he doesn't die N1 doesn't do us any favours so putting focus on it isn't a good look.

Don't think anyone even said anything about his play either, just the track itself. I agree that his play is not good anyway.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:17 am I'm 100% sure who Otto is
Is he town?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Lisa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:10 am
Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:17 am I'm 100% sure who Otto is
Is he town?
I see.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Fragmenting it, I hate walls :doh:

I can relate with loosing track of who said what in any anon game, usually until i succeed to remember everyone is already day 3 and mafia is super towny and winning with ease :pout:

Agree with Marge, mom is cool :)

But with Otto and Alison looks like a thread consensus.

My only problem here is the amount of words, these things should be written in a smaller post. This is like obvious solvy, like he wanted to show skills.
Like a peacock showing coloured feathers.
I admire him but I am not convinced

Yes... maybe

Probably clearing CBG for wrong reasons here

When i first read this long post i felt pocketed by this read, because it's true. I said that this guy should be villager because of this. Meanwhile happened that another game in other site finished and 3 from 4 wolves pocketed me with what i thought are solid reasons.
I don't say Hugh is a wolf for this but i will not give him town cred

Again too many words for so little activity

You know who keeps track of their own thoughts and rarely are wrong in their thoughts' flow? Competent wolves...
Maybe sis is just busy? :confused2:

:ponder:

Idk, hard to say he didn't points out a real thing here.
Oh no, please don't wall post again.

Overall this post is perfect, an awesome mafia lesson and any critic may only say is too long.
I am affraid i know who Hugh is, realised at the middle of the post :faint:
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:14 am

Alison isnt my 1st town read as in she's my top read, I just listed her first. She's been unafraid to engage the thread and multiple players & hasn't slanked.

My town read on Otto is pure meta. He and I have solved who each other are, so I'd wager he's basing his read on me from meta as well.
Can you quote where he hinted he knows who you are?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:14 am

This is correct. Pure meta read, definitely town core but I can't lock that because he's a tricky bastard but I'm willing to trust him for now.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

^[mention]Bart Simpson[/mention]
[mention]Lisa Simpson[/mention]
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Otto Mann wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:26 am ^@Bart Simpson
@Lisa Simpson
O-kay, hope you are not two wolves covering each other.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I will trust that read for today
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

RL calls
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Bart Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:30 am
Otto Mann wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:26 am ^@Bart Simpson
@Lisa Simpson
O-kay, hope you are not two wolves covering each other.
Wolfy thing to say

Return to “Previous Heists”