31%

Total votes: 13
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 2]

Post by Paprika »

between CBG, Burns, and Lisa, who are right now the serious wagons two hours before EOD, CBG is at the bottom of my list (Lisa is as close to null I have while Burns is a town lean)

[VOTE: Comic Book Guy] aubergine
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Hugh Jass »

Allison Taylor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:10 pm Hugh, remind me again what your case on Krusty was? And does Otto (a strong townread of yours) having locked him town based on (presumably compelling) meta reasons change your view of Krusty at all?
It doesn't feel like his contribution is genuine game solving. His game has been revolving around piggybacking off interactions and making some off hand comments. He's been asking questions but I don't feel like he's reached enough conclusions, there is a lack of follow up and commitment to the takes he have that makes them come off as him not actually trying to solve or advance the game. There is also a lack emotion accompanying his posts and it feels as if he's not actually trying to figure people out. That might come from a personal interactions and how I felt he was handling me. Speaking of his handling of me, I felt like he avoided several of my come backs to him. And that just reinforces the vibe I have of his game so far, which is nitpicking stuff and no follow up so not actually trying to figure out someone. It also goes in hand with the off hand comments I mentioned, the nitpicking takes are a cheap way for wolfs to shade others and at the same time fake contribution. They feel slimy and not like a genuine townie being pinged by something.

I'm a pretty stubborn person, so no it hasn't at all.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Comic Book Guy wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:49 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:04 pm This is roughly where I'm at I think

Skinner
Bart
Allison
Otto
Marge
Homer

PoE -

CBG
Grumple
Grandpa
Mr. Burns
Krusty
Lisa

I'm treating Skinner as a mod-confirmed slot seeing the absence of any CC, so he's blue in a 2 color rainbow. Marge dropped a little bit, I think 24 hours ago making this rainbow she'd have topped it (outside Skinner). I feel pretty confident about the top 4 if I'm reading the game anyway close to correctly. Homer over CBG and Grumple was pretty tough, they're all in the same ballpark of gth town. I'd say Grumple looks the best from an objective stand point with his content from D1 but I just have a stronger feel for Homer. The gut knows best I guess. Anyway both are in the PoE 'cause it requires 6 names and they're the weakest links. I've somewhat mellowed out on Grandpa although I'm still waiting for some active content that doesn't revolve around low posters.
This isn't great imo.
why isn't it great?

why is it bad?

why?
Broken
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Broken »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:51 pm

Skinner
Bart
Allison
Otto
Marge
Homer

PoE -

CBG
Grumple
Grandpa
Mr. Burns
Krusty
Lisa

I'm treating Skinner as a mod-confirmed slot seeing the absence of any CC, so he's blue in a 2 color rainbow. Marge dropped a little bit, I think 24 hours ago making this rainbow she'd have topped it (outside Skinner). I feel pretty confident about the top 4 if I'm reading the game anyway close to correctly. Homer over CBG and Grumple was pretty tough, they're all in the same ballpark of gth town. I'd say Grumple looks the best from an objective stand point with his content from D1 but I just have a stronger feel for Homer. The gut knows best I guess. Anyway both are in the PoE 'cause it requires 6 names and they're the weakest links. I've somewhat mellowed out on Grandpa although I'm still waiting for some active content that doesn't revolve around low posters.
This isn't great imo.
why isn't it great?

why is it bad?

why?
I'm town and he has me in his PoE, obviously.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

My preferred chops would be Lisa or Krusty right now.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Comic Book Guy wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:52 pm

Skinner
Bart
Allison
Otto
Marge
Homer

PoE -

CBG
Grumple
Grandpa
Mr. Burns
Krusty
Lisa

This isn't great imo.
why isn't it great?

why is it bad?

why?
Lmao I did mention that you were Town GTH, but the PoE Gods demanded 6 names :pout:

What about the rest of it?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Think we're in different words though I think since I remember you having Alison and Marge in your
Broken
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Broken »

Hugh Jass wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Skinner
Bart
Allison
Otto
Marge
Homer

PoE -

CBG
Grumple
Grandpa
Mr. Burns
Krusty
Lisa

This isn't great imo.
why isn't it great?

why is it bad?

why?
Lmao I did mention that you were Town GTH, but the PoE Gods demanded 6 names :pout:

What about the rest of it?
Grampa and Grumple both town.

I'm not sure what makes Marge/Homer town.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Hugh Jass wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:50 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:10 pm Hugh, remind me again what your case on Krusty was? And does Otto (a strong townread of yours) having locked him town based on (presumably compelling) meta reasons change your view of Krusty at all?
It doesn't feel like his contribution is genuine game solving. His game has been revolving around piggybacking off interactions and making some off hand comments. He's been asking questions but I don't feel like he's reached enough conclusions, there is a lack of follow up and commitment to the takes he have that makes them come off as him not actually trying to solve or advance the game. There is also a lack emotion accompanying his posts and it feels as if he's not actually trying to figure people out. That might come from a personal interactions and how I felt he was handling me. Speaking of his handling of me, I felt like he avoided several of my come backs to him. And that just reinforces the vibe I have of his game so far, which is nitpicking stuff and no follow up so not actually trying to figure out someone. It also goes in hand with the off hand comments I mentioned, the nitpicking takes are a cheap way for wolfs to shade others and at the same time fake contribution. They feel slimy and not like a genuine townie being pinged by something.
I agree, but I am not as convinced

Your last two sentences are of interest to me, about how nitpicking is cheap for wolves. I agree at a glance with that. Might try that one on for size with my Krusty read. Poking holes can help catch a wolf with their pants down, but that's obviously not going to happen if it's the wolf doing the poking. And you're right that it can be faked contribution if it doesn't come alongside personal reads.

Might do an ISO and see if Krusty ever made a major read that wasn't just disagreeing with someone else...
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Skinner
Bart
Allison
Otto
Marge
Homer

PoE -

CBG
Grumple
Grandpa
Mr. Burns
Krusty
Lisa

This isn't great imo.
why isn't it great?

why is it bad?

why?
lol

I guess I have to respect the commitment to this
Broken
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Broken »

Is Lisa the bad one? Find out when the game ends and the scum win.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

It's dinner time at the Jasses. See you in a bit.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

I'm a pretty stubborn person, so no it hasn't at all.
I find word walls tedious, as well as answering the questions they bring up.

Every one of your word walls could have been reduced to 5 sentences. I find word walls a great way to not only muddy the waters, but for wolves to appear to be game solving when in fact they're just babbling.

I can't say that your posts have moved the ball forward this game. Can you?
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Your last two sentences are of interest to me, about how nitpicking is cheap for wolves. I agree at a glance with that. Might try that one on for size with my Krusty read. Poking holes can help catch a wolf with their pants down, but that's obviously not going to happen if it's the wolf doing the poking. And you're right that it can be faked contribution if it doesn't come alongside personal reads.

Might do an ISO and see if Krusty ever made a major read that wasn't just disagreeing with someone else...
Okay, well, I did just that.

Krusty scum-read Skinner early game, but besides that has mostly pressured for a CBG chop. He voted CBG at some point D2; his first post was singling out CBG, so probably then, but I can't see a vote post anywhere to confirm. Otto asks him for a full scum-lean list and CBG is missing from it (he says Homer and CBG, Otto asks for more, list becomes Hugh, Homer, and Grumple).

Besides that, it's been hole-poking.

[mention]Krusty the Clown[/mention]: What's your read on CBG now? You were scum-reading him for almost the entire game, and you said he and Homer were on your radar but then clarified your scum reads were Hugh, Homer, and Grumple. Did you just forget to include him in the full list? I see you're voting him rn so actions speak louder than words. I guess I'm wondering if your read has evolved since the start of D2. How does CBG look compared to the rest of your list now that we're so close to EOD?

this somewhat makes Krusty look better to me since he actually has pushed for a case, although almost singularly. I can see how this got lost though since his case on CBG looks similar to his hole-poking elsewhere, except CBG has been a consistent trend and he's been voting there (he voted CBG D1 too). It took me an ISO to notice it
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

ok well I guess that answers my question to Krusty about Hugh :haha:
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:33 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Okay, well, I did just that.

Krusty scum-read Skinner early game, but besides that has mostly pressured for a CBG chop. He voted CBG at some point D2; his first post was singling out CBG, so probably then, but I can't see a vote post anywhere to confirm. Otto asks him for a full scum-lean list and CBG is missing from it (he says Homer and CBG, Otto asks for more, list becomes Hugh, Homer, and Grumple).

Besides that, it's been hole-poking.

@Krusty the Clown: What's your read on CBG now? You were scum-reading him for almost the entire game, and you said he and Homer were on your radar but then clarified your scum reads were Hugh, Homer, and Grumple. Did you just forget to include him in the full list? I see you're voting him rn so actions speak louder than words. I guess I'm wondering if your read has evolved since the start of D2. How does CBG look compared to the rest of your list now that we're so close to EOD?

this somewhat makes Krusty look better to me since he actually has pushed for a case, although almost singularly. I can see how this got lost though since his case on CBG looks similar to his hole-poking elsewhere, except CBG has been a consistent trend and he's been voting there (he voted CBG D1 too). It took me an ISO to notice it
Currently I'm voting for CBG, and just forgot to include him in my list I gave Otto.

I'm not keen on Lisa either at this point.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

Smithers!

We have a wagon trying to run away here. Tell the sniper to flatten a tire.

Listen everyone, I am as much for chopping CBG as the next guy, but let's try to get some value outta this EoD.

Lisa did a blare and dip with no substance day one, and she has done a blare and skip with no substance day two...and people are calling it "null."

Well, maybe it is. But isn't null what ordinary wolves really strive for? I mean, sure "Syndicate wolves care about the game" is all great, but even a strong wolf doesn't wanna be like "number one townie" and having to explain why they aren't getting NKed.

We had a quiet EoD one and we are heading towards a quiet EoD2. Day one we didn't have a wolf, and day two I think we may have one, but if we do he's basically overplayed TWTBAW and outed himself. Let's see if a threat to little miss Lisa can put a scare in them.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Someone sell me on Lisa

She's not a town-lean but also not a scum-lean for me, she's managed to remain null for me all of D2

that doesn't worry me now, but I'm seriously missing the scoop on why people have her in their POE

what specifically makes her wolf-y? or at least not town-y?

if the answer is "just do another ISO" I'll accept that, but I will probably need to do that overnight
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

lol Burns
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

By the way...

Hugh Jass, Otto, Homer, and Skinner!!!

Your refusal to take any stand here is disgusting.

Smithers!!!

Send the hounds to round them up...dead or alive.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Post by tessepia »

[VOTE: Lisa Simpson]

I like wagon races.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Mr. Burns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:56 pm By the way...

Smithers!!!

Saying Skinner and Homer aren't taking a stand is pretty redundant
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

I've been combining Lisa and Alison in my brain this whole time

have to post dive to separate them
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Smithers!!!

Lol, I had a busy day at work, just got home. Wouldve voted cbg early but it doesn't seem like there much vote play.
Going back on him in need be
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Smithers!!!

Saying Skinner and Homer aren't taking a stand is pretty redundant
To be blunt Skinner is starting to really piss me off.

Smithers!!!

My rifle!
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Omg I hate typing on my phone.
With the way I've been posting this game MR will deny ever knowing me.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

[mention]Comic Book Guy[/mention] are you town or mafia you have to tell me, it's the law
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

[mention]Lisa Simpson[/mention] same questjon
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

The Grumple wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 pm I've been combining Lisa and Alison in my brain this whole time

have to post dive to separate them
That should be easy...Alison posts a whole bunch of positions with reasons covering most everything even though she is wrong (I think) a fair amount.

Lisa posts some heated blatting until she has "contributed" enough to slink back to the wolf den.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:26 pm I find word walls tedious, as well as answering the questions they bring up.
Believe it or not, I'm not a big fan either. Starting from behind is a pain.
Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:26 pm Every one of your word walls could have been reduced to 5 sentences. I find word walls a great way to not only muddy the waters, but for wolves to appear to be game solving when in fact they're just babbling.
I disagree. This doesn't say anything, it doesn't address the actual content of my posts themselves which you would if you were actually trying to figure me out. It's superficial bullshit which is your forte.
Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:26 pm I can't say that your posts have moved the ball forward this game. Can you?
I absolutely fucking can.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Can you absolutely fucking vote?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:54 pm Someone sell me on Lisa

She's not a town-lean but also not a scum-lean for me, she's managed to remain null for me all of D2

that doesn't worry me now, but I'm seriously missing the scoop on why people have her in their POE

what specifically makes her wolf-y? or at least not town-y?

if the answer is "just do another ISO" I'll accept that, but I will probably need to do that overnight
I probably have 2 posts on her I think. 529 and 748. In the latter it's basically expanding on the wallie as a response to Bart a little bit, it's towards the end in pink.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hmmm...

That may have been rude.

Would you vote please?

That would be EXCELLLLLENT.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Mr. Burns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:14 pm Hmmm...

That may have been rude.

Would you vote please?

That would be EXCELLLLLENT.
I was just about to tell to fuck off lol.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

[VOTE: Lisa Simpson] aubergine
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Smithers! The hounds!

Eh, nevermind, I had that coming.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Marge has been trending down and I keep thinking about her, I understand being absent but she's been in the thread and ghost voted since the vote on Burns wasn't on the poll early on.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by dodo »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:49 am So I suppose Homer has the time to address my post re: his lack of participation and make a joke post or so, but not actually play the game.

The WIFOM is wouldnt a wolf try a bit harder to project town by playing the game? Or is that how a wolf would play right now to project lazy town?

Folks have mentioned how hard wolves try on Syndicate, perhaps Homer's not-trying is a ploy to hide scum.
Half correct

I said most of my reads are the same and added a townread

I don’t have any other new reads

But I do have a post longer than two sentences now, so I’ve got that going for me
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Four four...NOW we're podracing!!!
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Spicy vote from Hugh Jass
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Homer Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:16 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:49 am So I suppose Homer has the time to address my post re: his lack of participation and make a joke post or so, but not actually play the game.

The WIFOM is wouldnt a wolf try a bit harder to project town by playing the game? Or is that how a wolf would play right now to project lazy town?

Folks have mentioned how hard wolves try on Syndicate, perhaps Homer's not-trying is a ploy to hide scum.
Half correct

I said most of my reads are the same and added a townread

I don’t have any other new reads

But I do have a post longer than two sentences now, so I’ve got that going for me
I am begging you to say something more than this in the next thirty minutes
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:15 pm [VOTE: Lisa Simpson] aubergine
Well, we would be pod racing if you put this vote in the poll.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

I'd want to hear how she reconciled scum reading Gramps and then Burns. Former was because of what she perceived as him shading Burns which kind of implies Burns as Town unless she saw it as teammate indicative.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Ok, can someone tell me how to post without having to press submit more than once, please. It's painful
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Mr. Burns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:18 pm
I have no idea what you're talking about
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Otto Mann wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:19 pm Ok, can someone tell me how to post without having to press submit more than once, please. It's painful
Disabling linki would do that but that'd be at the host discretion. Otherwise just pray no one posted while you were writing your post.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

It's just so clunky and annoying.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Great, waiting on Homer and Skinner.

Do you guys GK non voters here?
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:19 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:18 pm
I have no idea what you're talking about
Coulda been my bad...it took a long time for the poll to update for me

we good now though...four four let's Goooooo!!!
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Nah I'm messing around, I started writing another post and forgot to put it on the poll for a minute lol

Return to “Previous Heists”