Posts in topic: 523

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 3]

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:06 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:45 pm oops

I was so sure he was scum too
I'm scum reading this shit.

"Oh gee, & I was sure he was scum! Gosh darn fizzle sticks"

What a crock. Real TO should be pissed off, not getting ready to check on a batch of cookies
I'm town and I can't really say I was pissed. Disappointed? Yeah probably.

What's the difference between the other first post since phase (mine and Burns)? Since you only quoted this.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

I agree in the ping, I rolled my eyes at it lol. For different reasons though I think
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

on

:faint:
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

What do you think of Marge, Burns? Especially her handling of you.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hugh Jass wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:12 pm

What a crock. Real TO should be pissed off, not getting ready to check on a batch of cookies
I'm town and I can't really say I was pissed. Disappointed? Yeah probably.

What's the difference between the other first post since phase (mine and Burns)? Since you only quoted this.
Burns makes a post expressing some mild surprise at Homer's demise, then a joke post in character, which he's done all game. Town.

Your post is similar in the mild surprise area, but then you're back to work, biz as usual. Town.

The tone of Alison's "oops, and I was so sure" is just so fake sounding, especially compared to her other posts. It reads to me very much like a wolf feigning concern, total hack day time soap opera stuff. Scum
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 193
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I don't get pissed off over mafia games. If you know who I am, you'd know that, it's a well-established meta of mine. I've made far more disastrous misexes than a wolfy lurker guy that flipped town, and I'm sure as fuck not blaming myself for it when he made it as hard as possible to get there on him being town. Don't scumread me for not having the same emotions as you please.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I would point you to a few other games of mine where I reacted more or less like this in similar situations, if it wouldn't be essentially claiming my identity. But I think it's fairly obvious who I am so the other Syndicators in here can just corroborate that meta claim lol.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Allison Taylor wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:26 pm

I don't get pissed off over mafia games. If you know who I am, you'd know that, it's a well-established meta of mine. I've made far more disastrous misexes than a wolfy lurker guy that flipped town, and I'm sure as fuck not blaming myself for it when he made it as hard as possible to get there on him being town. Don't scumread me for not having the same emotions as you please.
Too late.

Ya dropped an F bomb tho, so you're not immune to getting emotional, and who said anything about blaming yourself? I'm taking about caring that town is down 4 zip, not some crocodile tears post that sounds totally disingenuous

You mustered up more emotion for this rebuttal, so I know it's in you. I think your scum.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Krusty, can you like, read your posts?

Nobody's engaging in crocodile tears. I said "oops, I thought he was town", and went on with my day. I don't have emotion in mafia games in general (again, this is very very well supported meta and anyone who knows who I am can confirm this to you) and I don't use profanity as a replacement for emotion. I'm slightly annoyed that you're scumreading me for this and that's it, because you're making a boatload of assumptions about me, what I'm feeling and how I'm acting and scumreading me for it.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:15 pm What do you think of Marge, Burns? Especially her handling of you.
I think she's a pain in the ass, but a pain in the ass can always be town...especially in this town apparently.

I'm a perceived wolfy that a vote cane get dropped on pretty much any time, so I resist just OMGUS when I want to do it...usually. The thing with Marge is that she comes in, flits and flutters a little, drops the easy vote...and fades. Two days in a row. Clearly, from the votes, I am obviously her number one wolf read...but she never really pushes. I haven't really noticed her making a case, or trying to convince anyone to vote me with her.

It's a pretty simple way to hide in plain sight, but...look at what other towns have done. CBG basically begged to get chopped. So did Homer. I still wanna chop Lisa and certainly don't see a reason not to.

And frankly all these people could still be town. I mean, not good towns, but I keep coming back to what Marge said "Syndicate wolves care." Maybe just playing with zero GAF is the Syndicate way of saying "look I'm town" and we just missed the memo. Maybe that's why Marge wants to chop me, because I cannot hide that I always want to win.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Mr. Burns wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:59 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:55 pm He didn't have any strong scumreads before he died (that I saw browsing his ISO, anyway) so I don't think he was killed because he was onto someone. Level 1 analysis of the kill is that it looks good for Lisa, since she was under heavy pressure and he was one of the few people who seemed to trust her deeply? Could be WIFOM but I don't think she can afford to make a WIFOM kill on her only defender if she's wolf given how much heat she has on her.
LOL...he one post read her as town...but he one post read everyone as town. Everyone we got him to admit to looking at anyway. That's not a defense, or a source of strong scumreads...it's not anything.

I guess maybe a doc dodge? But I gotta tell ya LOLWolves, if I was the doc I'd have holstered before I saved Skinner.
I get what you're saying here (Homer townread everyone and wasn't trusted in general so his defense wasn't worth much), but put yourself in Lisa's shoes here if she's wolf. If she's planning at all to live through today she needs someone to stand up for her. Homer stood up for her yesterday at EoD2. Do you think the wolves are just letting her go as a lost cause?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Mr. Burns wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:41 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:15 pm What do you think of Marge, Burns? Especially her handling of you.
I think she's a pain in the ass, but a pain in the ass can always be town...especially in this town apparently.

I'm a perceived wolfy that a vote cane get dropped on pretty much any time, so I resist just OMGUS when I want to do it...usually. The thing with Marge is that she comes in, flits and flutters a little, drops the easy vote...and fades. Two days in a row. Clearly, from the votes, I am obviously her number one wolf read...but she never really pushes. I haven't really noticed her making a case, or trying to convince anyone to vote me with her.

It's a pretty simple way to hide in plain sight, but...look at what other towns have done. CBG basically begged to get chopped. So did Homer. I still wanna chop Lisa and certainly don't see a reason not to.

And frankly all these people could still be town. I mean, not good towns, but I keep coming back to what Marge said "Syndicate wolves care." Maybe just playing with zero GAF is the Syndicate way of saying "look I'm town" and we just missed the memo. Maybe that's why Marge wants to chop me, because I cannot hide that I always want to win.
I locked Marge town D1 because her tone was just super good, D2 she dropped off slightly but the stuff about Syndicate wolves caring had the ring of genuineness to me. I'm still leaning town on her because every time she appears in the thread she says stuff that I just townread and I think a wolf that good at replicating town tone would try to strongarm the thread or throw their influence around a bit more.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:32 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Too late.

Ya dropped an F bomb tho, so you're not immune to getting emotional, and who said anything about blaming yourself? I'm taking about caring that town is down 4 zip, not some crocodile tears post that sounds totally disingenuous

You mustered up more emotion for this rebuttal, so I know it's in you. I think your scum.
LOL...fwiw I'm not even a regular regular Syndi-cat and I'm pretty sure I know who Allison is...and if I'm right yeah she'll drop an F-bomb whether she's upset or not, I assume, because I've never seen her actually upset. This whole line "I'm sure as fuck not blaming myself for it when he made it as hard as possible to get there on him being town" I actually think she has said about me. And yeah, she might be a wolf, because she has vast range, but this isn't a solid wolf tell for her.

Basically man I am running out of WIM. The people who are doing nothing to clear themselves outnumber the mischops we can afford to make. Figuring how to clear them without even knowing who they are when they aren't trying to help is a gigantic grind. You and Otto recognized each other and are taking a "clear for now" but can't endgame on that...I wouldn't really want to endgame with Allison when the rest of town has not helped sort her. I like Hugh and Grandpa but it might be just because they are trying and the contrast is so stark.

And I can't just say fuck it and chop the deadwood and hope we can figure out an endgame because the deadest wood in this forest is the claimed tracker.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:03 pm Oh for fucks sakes.

Tracker my ass. Are wolves trying to set up a mislynch? Don't see why, we're doing a good enough job on our own.

Skinner. Gotta go.
my instinct here was to say "that would be dumb" but Skinner was both a no-show and a no-vote D2, so it's not like he'd be a game-changing wagon vote

But I think pushing Skinner today is needless. Not sure what we really gain from it unless someone is willing to counterclaim and has something tangible to say. And there are obvious flaws in the "maybe someone will counterclaim" idea.

If Skinner's the tracker he's lock town, so he shouldn't be chopped, ever. Even if he's not around. We have no way of confirming that he's the tracker. If he's not the tracker, he's guaranteed his own demise, because wolves can't have even a slanking lock-town villager in the late game. So if he makes it to the end game there's obviously some fuckery afoot. In both scenarios, there's no gain in town chopping him.

why would we do this

of all the people, you want to chop the slanking tracker claim? Do you genuinely believe he's the best option? He can still come back and be active. I know Otto sussed the claim D2, but unless someone knows something I don't, there's not a huge reason to think he's a wolf. bad play, yes, but the claim should protect him from wagons (that is, after all, why he claimed D1).

this ain't it
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

I wonder if Skinner tracked me again.
[mention]Principal Skinner[/mention]
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Let me preface this with a nice fuck off. You've been consistently throwing jabs at Syndicate Towns and the site in general, this is pretty obviously not a regular game by any means. Anon games are by default low activity and this one is just even more unfortunate. I'm Town here and a Syndicater and I fucking care. Syndicate Towns care!

This is all fair but you're basically just narrating what she's done. I want a stance here. I also don't think her push on you has anything with you caring about the game, several players including me seemingly care and are active and she hasn't pushed them. I remember it being about your Otto interactions, it's lacking some new developments though.

You just can't help yourself lol.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Gramps where u at
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Gramps spending too much time defending a known known. Not a fan.

From what I know of Krusty he was venting frustration when wanting to chop Skinner because Skinner is essentially useless and a waste of a special, in Krusty's eyes I mean, I totally didn'tsay that. At least that's how I read what Krusty posted.
He's a passionate dude and I can sympathize with his frustrations.
I'm really disappointed Skinner hasn't used his special as a soapbox and united town.

Boo-urns
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

weird...

I agree, chopping Skinner seems bad. there's no "good" way to deal with this, but leaving him alive opens the opportunity that he might eat a kill from the mafia, get replaced, or show up later right in the nick of time and solve the game with tracker magic or w/e.

that's never how it works out but maybe it'll work out that way this time.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:11 am I wonder if Skinner tracked me again.
@Principal Skinner
That would fit.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:12 am

Let me preface this with a nice fuck off. You've been consistently throwing jabs at Syndicate Towns and the site in general, this is pretty obviously not a regular game by any means. Anon games are by default low activity and this one is just even more unfortunate. I'm Town here and a Syndicater and I fucking care. Syndicate Towns care!

This is all fair but you're basically just narrating what she's done. I want a stance here. I also don't think her push on you has anything with you caring about the game, several players including me seemingly care and are active and she hasn't pushed them. I remember it being about your Otto interactions, it's lacking some new developments though.

You just can't help yourself lol.
A'ight...I deserved that.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Why tf are grampa and grumple even talking about chopping Skinner?

That shit was never on the table. Wtf, just trying to look busy or something?

Wonder twins are bugging me
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:24 am Why tf are grampa and grumple even talking about chopping Skinner?

it was literally being discussed in the thread
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

idk what y'all do. maybe it's normal to policy execute inactives at whatever league of legends forum you guys came from.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

you were one of the people talking about it
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Hugh Jass wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:07 pm Grampa's EoD2 looked pretty good. I liked our interactions and he did seems genuine in his thoughts and considering the different cases I had. Would like to hear more from him since his 2 main suspects just flipped civ. He's been trending up.
Trying to ISO Lisa with an unforgiving perspective admittedly does make her look worse than null

okay I had a whole post written out but it was word soup and I would've been guilty of that "so many paragraphs just to say a sentence worth of content" push that was used against you (inaccurately, IMO, but still)

I was going to try and argue against your "hand in every jar" argument, and propose a "she mostly town-read the dominant wagons before dipping" alternative, but when I really got down to it, her commentary about the wagons is about equal to her commentary about chopping slankers, Marge shading, and then D2 Allison shading. She's maintained a Burns scum-lean D1 and D2, voted him D2. I can't tell if she scum-leans Marge or not. I think so? She voted Marge D1 and shaded her D2, so... probably? There's just very little to work with. She doesn't say more than one or two things about any subject. Your "hand in every jar" argument is bang on.

From what I can glean, her POE is Bart, Marge, Burns, Allison, with Burns being her strongest(?) lean

Her town is... CBG? She sided with me on D1 but in a really indirect way, so can't say I'm there, especially since she called me desperate because of a bad sentence in my D2 entrance. Town-read Grumple D1 and switched that D2, but didn't commit to calling him wolf-y. Still, probably not a town-lean. And... that's it.

her only town read was the D2 wagon, and she only revealed that a few hours before the chop
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

I haven't agreed with anything Krusty has said at any point, but there's something about the way he has... idk how to word this. The way he has gone after people like Hugh and Elizabeth for things that basically amount to using sentences he doesn't like. it seems like... whatever the opposite of opportunistic is.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:26 am
Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:24 am Why tf are grampa and grumple even talking about chopping Skinner?

Wasn't in actually discussion though.

Seems like the perfect subject for scum to latch onto. Easy entry, something to look busy talking about AND can serve them well if they poison the thread well enough.

Not a good look from the wonder twins.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:17 am Gramps spending too much time defending a known known. Not a fan.

From what I know of Krusty he was venting frustration when wanting to chop Skinner because Skinner is essentially useless and a waste of a special, in Krusty's eyes I mean, I totally didn'tsay that. At least that's how I read what Krusty posted.
I'm really disappointed Skinner hasn't used his special as a soapbox and united town.

Boo-urns
there's 48 hours, I promise we're not short on time
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:35 am
Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:17 am Gramps spending too much time defending a known known. Not a fan.

Boo-urns
Short on time for what? A few useless fluff walls?

Count me in. I mean out.

I hate walls.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:41 am

Boo-urns

Count me in. I mean out.

I hate walls.

seriously tho my two posts so far aren't walls
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Boo-urns

Count me in. I mean out.

I hate walls.
on second thought, wtf

you've done fuck all today except complain about what other people are doing
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:48 am

Boo-urns

Count me in. I mean out.

I hate walls.
on second thought, wtf

Today just fucking started old man.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:51 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:48 am

Boo-urns

Count me in. I mean out.

I hate walls.
on second thought, wtf

Today just fucking started old man.
You're so close to getting it.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:34 am
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:26 am

Wasn't in actually discussion though.

Seems like the perfect subject for scum to latch onto. Easy entry, something to look busy talking about AND can serve them well if they poison the thread well enough.

Not a good look from the wonder twins.
Otto. I saw you and some others discussing the possibility of getting rid of an empty voting slot. I think to myself, "wow, that's probably a bad idea." I made my opinion known, with a post that took less than 15 seconds to type and moved on.

You made a basically similar argument on the same exact topic less than 60 seconds before me. I'm honestly a little vexed by your reaction.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:11 am I wonder if Skinner tracked me again.
@Principal Skinner
maybe i did maybe i didnt
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

I do find I am unable to play this game effectively so I will be asking for a replacement
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

I'll respond to your post later Gramps. It's sleepy time up north
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:55 am I'm honestly a little vexed by your reaction.
lol
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Awesome
"Honestly" and "vexed" in the same sentence.
Grumple's a gem.
Might be scum, but a gem nonetheless
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

it's really cool of you to ignore the subject of my response and focus on word choice instead, Otto.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

I'm vexed because this is coming out of left field from you, a person who has been mostly reasonable this whole game, to suddenly nitpick on something both hypocritical and minute.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:23 am I'm vexed because this is coming out of left field from you, a person who has been mostly reasonable this whole game, to suddenly nitpick on something both hypocritical and minute.
Traffic was bad.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:31 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:07 pm Grampa's EoD2 looked pretty good. I liked our interactions and he did seems genuine in his thoughts and considering the different cases I had. Would like to hear more from him since his 2 main suspects just flipped civ. He's been trending up.
Trying to ISO Lisa with an unforgiving perspective admittedly does make her look worse than null

okay I had a whole post written out but it was word soup and I would've been guilty of that "so many paragraphs just to say a sentence worth of content" push that was used against you (inaccurately, IMO, but still)

I was going to try and argue against your "hand in every jar" argument, and propose a "she mostly town-read the dominant wagons before dipping" alternative, but when I really got down to it, her commentary about the wagons is about equal to her commentary about chopping slankers, Marge shading, and then D2 Allison shading. She's maintained a Burns scum-lean D1 and D2, voted him D2. I can't tell if she scum-leans Marge or not. I think so? She voted Marge D1 and shaded her D2, so... probably? There's just very little to work with. She doesn't say more than one or two things about any subject. Your "hand in every jar" argument is bang on.

From what I can glean, her POE is Bart, Marge, Burns, Allison, with Burns being her strongest(?) lean

Her town is... CBG? She sided with me on D1 but in a really indirect way, so can't say I'm there, especially since she called me desperate because of a bad sentence in my D2 entrance. Town-read Grumple D1 and switched that D2, but didn't commit to calling him wolf-y. Still, probably not a town-lean. And... that's it.

her only town read was the D2 wagon, and she only revealed that a few hours before the chop
I wonder, who was this paragraph aimed at?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:31 am

I wonder, who was this paragraph aimed at?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Dounble posting on mobile :faint:
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mafia killed pops, this became personal :fist:
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I can see the pinked as a dichotomy, i would like 2 more short sentences about that.
@Principal Skinner
Can a tracker visit the same player 2 consecutive nights?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
It’s my birthday

Post by Akemi Homura »

I can post a reads list if you really want me to. Like i said, i respond to stuff that seems important to respond to.

Not sure revealing my townread a few hours before they get chopped is bad, it's probably the best time for it. Too bad i don't have enough influence to do anything with that. Not sure how i can not have my hands in every jar. You're either really bad at looking at more than a few people or not paying attention, or i don't know what the term means.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Ftr i don't think a bad day start makes someone mafia and for who starts posting closer to Sod to receive insta heat for few words while mafia is known as posting later and more efficient/prepared, the push for Allison looks convenient.
OTOH Krusty posted straightforward and felt pure.
Allison Taylor wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:45 pm why was homer killed?
Hugh Jass wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:46 pm It's a mystery!
Hugh Jass wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:47 pm What's up Burns?
But Hugh was there to socialise, not to find who killed Homer

[VOTE: [mention]Hugh Jass[/mention] ] aubergine

Return to “Previous Heists”